Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

She retired after 3 years and I think her visa was 3 years. But yes she was all stars so I think Yuko did have to return to Japan for renewals but she prob went home in May after banquet and stayed home a few months to renew and come back in time for preseason games but we never saw her do renewals on the show because the all stars don't really get alot of features on the show. 

Yuko was never an All Star.  She retired, moved back to Japan and got married.

• Love 1

Judy’s entire adult life has revolves around DCC. I doubt she could even wrap her mind around anything else at this point so she is going to keep drinking that kool aid, shut her mouth, and be a little snooty about being so involved with DCC. 

• Love 3

The marketing part of my brain is working here.

My guess is the sale of Dallas Cowboys merch in other countries, and sales of game tickets to people in those countries increases when said countries have a fellow countrywoman on the team.  Japanese and Australian DCCs might be really smart marketing.

Just an idea.

• Love 6

18 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

I don't deny that was hard for her to cut the numbers. It was hard for anyone with a wedding in these last few months.

Well, anyone who had to postpone or cancel an important milestone has the right to be upset. But honestly, I’m not going to feel sad when thousands are dying daily. And that’s without mentioning the economic impact this has had to millions. I know dcc are always tone deaf and on their own little world, but responding to a valid criticism with “it was hard to cut down the numbers” is just on a whole different level.

15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm pretty sure the short answer to both of these is so Kelli can brag about how women come from half way around the world to be a DCC. How even in places like Japan and Australia young women dream of joining this legendary team. blah blah. 

Yuko was cute, and seemed to have a very nice, friendly personality but I don't think she was a good cheerleader. 

I am curious, since I don't really follow football, do these cheerleaders really get interviewed about politics and football history etc? It always seemed a bit much to me, the interview questions they were given, but I honestly have never seen a single DCC interviewed outside the show so maybe they do get asked about their thoughts on government policies and the history of the NFL. 

I do understand having the know the rules of the game so they know when to cheer, which is their job, and to know who is who in the big leagues so they don't say the wrong thing to an important person but the rest of it, given this is really just a part time, seasonal job, seem excessive. 

I was never a fan and it’s purely because Yuko had no place in the team and she was basically used to promote Kelli’s vision. She couldn’t speak English at all so she wasn’t a great ambassador and she wasn’t a good dancer. Seems like a sweetheart, but that’s not really the point.

• Love 3

Yuko’s issue was that she didn’t have the right type of visa to work in the US, right? Honestly, navigating visas can be difficult, so I give her a bit of a break on that. However, the fact that they pick and choose when to give girls a pass is the problem, as was the fact that Yuko was also struggling with dance while she was allowed to miss multiple practices. There was no reason to give her so much leeway. 

I will say that she’s not the only struggler, not by a long shot. I remember a few dance clips where she was outdancing Savannah.  

• Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, anyone who had to postpone or cancel an important milestone has the right to be upset. But honestly, I’m not going to feel sad when thousands are dying daily. And that’s without mentioning the economic impact this has had to millions. I know dcc are always tone deaf and on their own little world, but responding to a valid criticism with “it was hard to cut down the numbers” is just on a whole different level.

I was never a fan and it’s purely because Yuko had no place in the team and she was basically used to promote Kelli’s vision. She couldn’t speak English at all so she wasn’t a great ambassador and she wasn’t a good dancer. Seems like a sweetheart, but that’s not really the point.

Thats why my friend and her husband did not complain at all about their wedding and just did it so that he could at least do the 2 weeks qurantine before he went back to the frontline work with the army. I just know they had probs getting refunds and they never said they were pissed with it but I know my friend and I know she was pissed with getting the stress of it all

You can really tell Kelli has a sales degree with the promotion she has for the team (lol) its like Judy wants people who can actually dance even if they were ugly (if that made sense and as harsh as it sounds I rather have the team that Judy's choreography head has in mind than any other team but thats NEVER going to happen).

17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yuko was never an All Star.  She retired, moved back to Japan and got married.

Who was last years allstar again? I only remember Nicole and Emma because they been allstars longer then they were actual DCC and Danielle. I dont think Yuko went back to Japan. She said she was going back to Japan on the show, but from what saw she got married in Hawaii and is still in the US because of her husbands job as a coach for some sports team in Baltimore(?). I'm just curious as to what she works as now if that makes sense

16 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yuko’s issue was that she didn’t have the right type of visa to work in the US, right? Honestly, navigating visas can be difficult, so I give her a bit of a break on that. However, the fact that they pick and choose when to give girls a pass is the problem, as was the fact that Yuko was also struggling with dance while she was allowed to miss multiple practices. There was no reason to give her so much leeway. 

I will say that she’s not the only struggler, not by a long shot. I remember a few dance clips where she was outdancing Savannah.  

That is correct she filled her form incorrectly is what she said on the TV. I know visa's are hard to fill in with the questions in mind. But what annoyed me was the help she had right there, when she was in Japan she had a former DCC "training/helping" her, who said on the show she was giving Yuko a personal hand for the last 3 or 4 years (or something) and was "grooming her" to be a DCC, and their expectations so she got into the team, before her rookie year. Now with that help at hand I want to know what visa she told Yuko to fill in, because did she herself fill in the wrong visa when she was a DCC or just didn't bother to ask for help and just got and filled in the wrong thing? I say that because it makes me wonder what was told to Yuko in that department if that make sense. If it had been shown that she didn't have that amount of help/have people in her life who knows the relevant info/paperwork esp from a former DCC .... then yes I'd her a break. If Jinelle made that mistake her rookie year I'd give her a break because it wasn't shown/brought on tv that she knew former DCC who were australian that was helping her get into DCC etc

If a former DCC was from UK and moved back to living in UK after her DCC days and I knew that girl and they were grooming me to be a DCC (like Yuko) I'd ask 2 things 1) can you help me in terms of getting the DCC looks, dance wise, teach me the choreos - or some of it eg the entrance/thunder etc and most importantly 2) What paperwork did eg visa did you use and the visa I need for the job. I'd then also employ a lawyer to double check the paperwork. Its like Angela and Jinelle are GREAT example. Angela was on a 1 year student work visa her rookie season so her 2nd to 5th year she was on a different visa so Jinelle prob could do the same thing as Angela but seem to got it worked out the visa she needs. 

I don't know if Yuko ever asked for help about visa but if I was to judge by what was said, then I would say that Yuko NEVER discussed the visa thing nor did Yuko get help from her on it. The other thing that bothered me about Yuko's visa was one of her friend was a Vikings cheerleader and they talk surely, but either Yuko never asked either of them what visa they used or they did tell her what they used and Yuko just did what they did but it wasn't enough evidence for her to get that visa because it sure as hell costed Yuko alot of money to fly back to Japan to get it sorted out esp last min flights etc. I maybe wrong on it as we don't know what was going on outside what we saw on the show. But thats the impression I got

Edited by UK-Fan
18 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Who was last years allstar again? I only remember Nicole and Emma because they been allstars longer then they were actual DCC and Danielle. I dont think Yuko went back to Japan. She said she was going back to Japan on the show, but from what saw she got married in Hawaii and is still in the US because of her husbands job as a coach for some sports team in Baltimore(?). I'm just curious as to what she works as now if that makes sense

Nicole, Emma, Danielle, Khalyn, Lacey, Kelli Q, Stephanie and Tasha.  KaShara filled in for the game show and the USO tour.   Yuko went back to Japan for a bit, cause I remember Selina visited her.

2 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

The marketing part of my brain is working here.

My guess is the sale of Dallas Cowboys merch in other countries, and sales of game tickets to people in those countries increases when said countries have a fellow countrywoman on the team.  Japanese and Australian DCCs might be really smart marketing.

Just an idea.

That's what I always think. I'm always surprised a UK-based woman hasn't tried out for DCC as the NFL is a huge market over here. Before this season for obvious reasons, we were getting more and more games based over here too!

I always said I wanted to try out but now I'm nearly too old, not fit enough and don't fancy kissing Jerry Jones' butt.

There's only Holly, who was a Miami Dolphins cheerleader for a couple of years, who's from the UK and who has cheered for the NFL in recent years. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's what I always think. I'm always surprised a UK-based woman hasn't tried out for DCC as the NFL is a huge market over here. Before this season for obvious reasons, we were getting more and more games based over here too!

I always said I wanted to try out but now I'm nearly too old, not fit enough and don't fancy kissing Jerry Jones' butt.

There's only Holly, who was a Miami Dolphins cheerleader for a couple of years, who's from the UK and who has cheered for the NFL in recent years. 

Does Colby count? But then again I guess she is classed as american because she is from america but she lived in UK for 10 years, moved back to us to try DCC.

But cheerleading at football games isn't a big thing here professionally tho. It is a sport but its more like competition etc. I think the only professional team here in UK with a cheerleading team is Crystal Palace football team. the rest are like up to uni levels etc and thats it if I remember correctly. But its not just uk person but how many eu cheerleaders was/became a DCC or cheered for any us sports teams. I'd assume a handful?

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh man it took me 12hr to work out who Lennon reminds me of. Now I know I crack you guys up at times and I know you guys wont call each other names for our opinions. 

But took me 12hr to work out why Cassie's kid looked a tad familiar. Does anyone else think Lennon look like Verne Troyer in that pic? (you know the actor who played mini me in the Austin Powers movies? Or is that just me? Esp with that smile and look on her face ......

Edited by UK-Fan
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, Jess14 said:

I’m assuming that she didn’t say a Khalyn’s name in error, but who knows!

Maybe she did say it in error & that's why she didn't make TC 🤣

Y’all do realize Yuko didn’t just walk off the street into auditions, right? She’s another one recruited/suggested/preselected whatever.

Also Cassie’s kid. She’s a LITTLE KID. She’s dressed up and little kids like to over do makeup so you know they’re wearing it. Judy is judy and cassie is cassie but give this little child a break. I can’t pick on a preschooler bc her family is sketch. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe she did say it in error & that's why she didn't make TC 🤣

Honestly, I thought that for a second lol. However, Shelly said that they danced together in high school, so maybe I just thought that she was referring to dancing at LSU with all of the girls, when she may have just meant that she had danced with all of them at some point in the past. I’ll have to rewatch it closely when that season comes back around on pluto. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, I thought that for a second lol. However, Shelly said that they danced together in high school,

LOL I saw Shelly's reply after I posted 😂

1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Y’all do realize Yuko didn’t just walk off the street into auditions, right? She’s another one recruited/suggested/preselected whatever.

Also Cassie’s kid. She’s a LITTLE KID. She’s dressed up and little kids like to over do makeup so you know they’re wearing it. Judy is judy and cassie is cassie but give this little child a break. I can’t pick on a preschooler bc her family is sketch. 

I personally don't hate Cassie's kid, I find Lennon cute and hilariously funny in a good way. The reference I made was because if you seen some of the pics Cassie posted on Lennon when she was younger eg in squad photos, they were funny, in a good way, eg the one where Lacey was holding her hand and Lennon was trying to run away crying and then the year after she was all happy and smiley.

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Seems like a sweetheart, but that’s not really the point.

But, But, they are America's sweethearts so Yuko was PERFECT for the team, regardless of ability to speak the language or dance the dances. 

Sometimes I think Kelli gets so caught up in either the girls looks or her "sweetheartness" that she forgets they need some level of dance skill and athletic ability. I can understand why Judy, being the one who actually has to get these girls to dance, would be extremely frustrated at Kelli and Charlotte overriding her critiques on who can and can't dance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I actually didn't know that. Explains a LOT.

Re: Cassie's daughter, she looks soooooo much like grandma. That is a tiny little Judy face. I don't care for Cassie's hair though. I don't get that color at all. It just looks lackluster. 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:21 AM, ShellyB said:

1) My husband is a retired Marine Officer, not army...very different. Neither of us really have an opinion on quarantine other than we are over it, and people need to get back to their livelihoods. 

Semper Fi from a Marine Vet wife!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, UK-Fan said:

In my opinion from watching the series, Judy stopped giving her opinion as much the year Liz Reuter tried out the second time around. Because she looked REALLY pissed when K and C wouldnt give Liz another chance because of her weight when there were others like Meredith Oden etc who had noticable weight gain and was only warned and not cut or anything and Judy's word didn't seem to mean anything choreo wise and anything else wise. So I think she just like "bite my tongue" and just work with what shes been given or leave and shes not really going to leave cowboys until retirement. I'd have left if I had been with my employers that long and my word came across as wasn't being valued/listened/respected as much. 

I got pretty impatient with Liz Reuter, like many girls before her, who refused to make the changes necessary to get the weight off. Did she meet with Jay? If she followed his training and nutrition advice, she would've made the team.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:59 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I think Yuko was truly special. Adorable smile with those dimples! And a huge natural talent on camera, which became obvious on the calendar shoot. She got the dances well enough, and not everyone on the team needs to be a total powerhouse.

One pet peeve about Judy: when the girls are rehearsing and she gives corrections while counting out. Like syncopated speech. Funny and a tad annoying!

"One, two...it's hard to do...slow, six...seven, eight..."

Edited by Maven
Added example
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Maven said:

I got pretty impatient with Liz Reuter, like many girls before her, who refused to make the changes necessary to get the weight off. Did she meet with Jay? If she followed his training and nutrition advice, she would've made the team.

Agreed.  I also found her to be a whiner and mousey, but she still had some potential.  I think that frustrates Judy most of all...the talented dancer that is ALMOST there and isn't willing to put in the work.  I have some empathy for the gals who are just a bit too heavy for the uniform, though.  While it's not the end of the world to cut booze and sugar and really focus on an athlete's clean diet, since truly, these ladies are athletes, it also really sucks trying to follow that lifestyle when you're holding down two jobs and/or school and just wanting to be a relatively carefree late teens/early 20's young lady.  Unless you're someone who has always had that discipline, happy hours and wine nights and white claws at the pool is much more fun.

Shoot, look how many football players and other athletes chunk up in the off season, and they're paid MILLIONS.  

• Love 4

My issue with Liz Reuter not making it was Season 5 was when Stephanie Heyman made it. They put her on weight warning and told her she was more at risk because she was a rookie. Literally the night before squad photo, K & J told her she was too heavy to put on the field. She continued to gain weight after she was warned. Being Brooke's BFF should not mean you can get away with that. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Route66 said:

My issue with Liz Reuter not making it was Season 5 was when Stephanie Heyman made it. They put her on weight warning and told her she was more at risk because she was a rookie. Literally the night before squad photo, K & J told her she was too heavy to put on the field. She continued to gain weight after she was warned. Being Brooke's BFF should not mean you can get away with that. 

That was my same issue.  But she wasn't part of the  "We wear Pink on Thursday's" club.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 4:23 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

WTF is up with Cassie's hair.  That's just UGLY.

Don't you mean "fugly" (mean girls quote)

14 hours ago, Route66 said:

Thats why I brought Liz up. Because in that scene with Stephanie Heyman she was brought in WITH THE VETS that was on weight warning. I also remember everyone else that was on weight warning that and any other year esp rookies was not brought in with the vets for that conversation, but Stephanie was and thats when I knew she was being treated like 1) she was already made the team because she was bff with Brooke Sorosen (spelling?)  and 2) she was being treated like a vet if that made sense because of who she knew on the team.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Don't you mean "fugly" (mean girls quote)

Yeah pretty much

8 hours ago, Maven said:

One pet peeve about Judy: when the girls are rehearsing and she gives corrections while counting out. Like syncopated speech. Funny and a tad annoying!

"One, two...it's hard to do...slow, six...seven, eight..."

A tad???? Try MAJORLY annoying......And it was just as bad in that video of the rehearsal for the Thanksgiving Halftime I posted yesterday.

• Love 1
On 6/15/2020 at 11:15 AM, Route66 said:

It definitely seemed like Judy was annoyed and frustrated by her. Judy was hesitant about her during auditions and got shouted down. It seems like Judy has learned to pick her battles regarding certain girls that Kelli wants.

It definitely highlights the favoritism when Judy is complaining that Yuko is messing up and can not understand their directions.

To be honest I actually rather Judy was the director and choreographer actually and Kelli like Judy's assistant or something like that. Only because even tho some things Judy does eg her teaching may be annoying at times, I think she would pick the girls who can actually dance rather than the fact that they were pretty but cant dance. 

Whats that saying? "Beauty is only skin deep" and that can always be changed with make up and you can give the girls make up lessons

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Route66 said:

Yes, that bothered me too. I don't think Stephanie Heyman should've made the team.

• Love 6
On 6/13/2020 at 6:43 PM, Mabinogia said:

She definitely seems to think the rules don't apply to her which, yeah, selfish. I seriously doubt her 14 bridesmaids all quarantined themselves for two weeks before and after her wedding so who knows which of them might have spread the virus to someone they come in contact with. 

I get wanting the wedding of your dreams but if you are really in love then just being with that person and saying the vows would be enough. Then, when this is over, you invite your 14 other pals and all your other friends and family for a big party. 

She strikes me as spoiled. So she's not going to let anything get in the way of her "dream wedding" even if it puts people in danger. Whatever. I'm just glad I am nowhere near her or her pals. 

Agreed! Who knows who her guests were in contact with before and after the wedding? Personally, I would have postponed it because I wouldn’t want to take the risk that someone got sick because of my event. I’m kind of surprised that they had short engagement. 

• Love 5

When you look at the favoritism towards certain girls, it makes it easier to understand why some have absolute breakdowns when they're cut. If you're getting cut for gaining weight it has to be insanely frustrating to see them tell another girl that she's literally too heavy to put on the field, but she makes it. No matter how cute McKenzie Lee was, her kicks weren't good. That makes it unfair to insist that kicks are a dealbreaker when it's obviously untrue. It's incredibly stressful to be held to a certain standard when you can plainly see that not everyone is held to it. Kitty Carter lost her credibility insisting Victoria not be cut after she gained weight during camp.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Route66 said:

No matter how cute McKenzie Lee was, her kicks weren't good.

Wonder if that is why Kali made the squad the very next year?  Her kicks kept her off before - what was different about the year she made it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Kitty Carter lost her credibility insisting Victoria not be cut after she gained weight during camp.

And in the same season she called Miranda "Grandma Moses" no less ... 😑

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 2:44 AM, Maven said:

Yes, that bothered me too. I don't think Stephanie Heyman should've made the team.

Stephanie made it because of a certain 5th year, named Brooke. Thats why 1) she made it 2) she was given a chance with her weight 3) she was brought into the office to talk about weight, WITH THE VETS. How many rookies/tcc with weight warning made it into the office with the rest of the vets that was on weight warning besides Stephanie? None

On 6/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, Tinydancerxo28 said:

Agreed! Who knows who her guests were in contact with before and after the wedding? Personally, I would have postponed it because I wouldn’t want to take the risk that someone got sick because of my event. I’m kind of surprised that they had short engagement. 

I know I've made my feelings clear with Lacey and her wedding in previous posts, but shes not bright and comes across as selfish. I wont think her decision to cut her wedding party down from whatever its size was not hard and I wont deny it because it is hard. But the hardest thing would have been to thing "is it worth it? Is my husband going to be going to do essential work that could potential work like working as a doctor or in army for example.

But surely she has a brain that tells her "is my wedding that important to have the wedding NOW during this pandemic when most of my party would not be there. Is my wedding that important? I've said it before comparing Lacey and her decision to get married and my friend who got married during this pandemic, who made the right decision and the wrong decision or both to get married now? 

I also blame the person in charge in Texas  with their rules on weddings and other relaxed rules during lockdown. It surprises me that it came across that SOME people in charge closes certain non essential places completely but other NON ESSENTIAL places are allowed to stay open during pandemic but at 50% capacity. UK rules was extremely strict during the lockdown, EVERYTHING CLOSED IMMEDIATELY. (and I am extremely proud of that, UK government may not have been the best at times but there are times like this where I think they done the RIGHT THING it may have been at the right time). The only places allowed to stay open were essential places like grocery stores (because people have to buy food to survive), medical places like hospitals, police and fire. EVERY SINGLE school, restaurants/catering industry, hotel, wedding venues etc closed. If a school has to stay open it is because their parents are in the essential industry. Same as those eg wanting to get married you cant unless it is essential and you can only have FIVE PEOPLE there (the priest, bride, groom and 2 witness) but only if it is ESSENTIAL etc. The fact Shelly, Lacey etc is saying she had a hard time "cutting down" her guests to what it currently was .... there was still almost 60 guests there and thats based solely on the 14 bridesmaid, 14 groomsman, almost 28 partners of the bridesmaid and groomsman, Lacey, her husband and the priest. Sorry I have no sympathy for her for saying to me that I didn't understand and if I don't understand gee what was the wedding that my closest friend had with her husband where they went from FOUR HUNDRED guest to 4 people (the bride, the groom and 2 witness). My friend was heartbroken her dad COULDN'T walk her down the aisle .... but she had to get married because there is a higher chance her husband MAY die when he goes back to work in the frontline for the army.

Now my friend, I wish that she BROKE the lockdown rule and had that amount of people Lacey had for her wedding. I know for a fact if she was living in Texas she would have never had her bridesmaid or groomsman there and thats a fact. I know for a fact she would have been like right we will only have our parents there and thats it. Yes she might have done what Lacey did by having her wedding in her parents home/backyard. Now that is what I call "a small wedding during lockdown" because I know she would rather have died than risk having the amount of people that Lacey had at her wedding because she does not believe spreading covid19 and causing more deaths. Yes it kills her to not have her dad walking her down the aisle but Lacey should count her blessings she does not live in UK because if she did and she had that wedding regardless of whether it was at home the police would have showed up and broke that party up regardless of whether it a party at home or not. PERIOD.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 6

Awwww, I’m a Yuko fan. Always have been. Working through visa issues can be nerve wracking, and requirements can and do change over time. What one person went through may not be the same a few years later. She was gone for maybe two days not weeks. It did not take her long to nail the field entrance, which often totally defeats some of the TCC. I only remember her being told she was “missing details” near the start of camp.

By year two, her English and confidence had really improved. She was never a Holly (few can be) but she knew her choreography, unlike some of the girls they took (hint hint Morgan) and was a much loved teammate. She’ll always be a favorite of mine.❤️

• Love 13
2 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Lacey should count her blessings she does not live in UK because if she did and she had that wedding regardless of whether it was at home the police would have showed up and broke that party up regardless of whether it a party at home or not. PERIOD.

Sorry for the rant.

Well, some folks in the UK are partying in large groups. Not trying to be snarky but what are your thoughts on these “corona raves”? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-52923321

12 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

To be honest I actually rather Judy was the director and choreographer actually and Kelli like Judy's assistant or something like that. Only because even tho some things Judy does eg her teaching may be annoying at times, I think she would pick the girls who can actually dance rather than the fact that they were pretty but cant dance. 

Whats that saying? "Beauty is only skin deep" and that can always be changed with make up and you can give the girls make up lessons

Eh, I think Kelli is great at marketing the team. The problem is that her role is to be both the director and the coach. They should let her run the operations, but she’s definitely not a good coach. Separate the 2 roles and have the coach choosing the girls and support them and then let Kelli make the money.

1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Well, some folks in the UK are partying in large groups. Not trying to be snarky but what are your thoughts on these “corona raves”? 

To be fair, the UK is the prime example of a European country trying the same approach as the US, so I get that many people will break the rules precisely because their own prime minister initially told them they should. But in general, their approach to the lockdown was much better and it’s not fair to compare the few cases here in Europe with whatever is going on in the US. Mainly, because we got good instructions here, we had to suffer through a much longer lockdown and the few countries that got the most deaths still did better than the US. You need to rely mainly on the citizens’ goodwill and critical thinking, so for me someone who chose to be on the spotlight and be a “local celebrity” should absolutely be held on a higher standard.

• Love 1

With regards to UK lockdown, there will always be a minority of people who break lockdown rules. I've been going out to work during this lockdown (I work in a post office so we've still been open) and for the most part, people here have been sensible. However, you ALWAYS get the same few nutcases who think they're either invincible to the virus or truthfull don't care. I've had someone spit at me (thank god I had a glass screen protecting me) because we're running a limited service. 

I've only been supermarket shopping before/after work and to get tested for the virus so I'm not making so many unnecessary journeys!

However, when those in power are breaking the rules whenever they want, I can understand why people would think the general public can too!

• Love 5
(edited)

8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Eh, I think Kelli is great at marketing the team. The problem is that her role is to be both the director and the coach. They should let her run the operations, but she’s definitely not a good coach. Separate the 2 roles and have the coach choosing the girls and support them and then let Kelli make the money.

To be fair, the UK is the prime example of a European country trying the same approach as the US, so I get that many people will break the rules precisely because their own prime minister initially told them they should. But in general, their approach to the lockdown was much better and it’s not fair to compare the few cases here in Europe with whatever is going on in the US. Mainly, because we got good instructions here, we had to suffer through a much longer lockdown and the few countries that got the most deaths still did better than the US. You need to rely mainly on the citizens’ goodwill and critical thinking, so for me someone who chose to be on the spotlight and be a “local celebrity” should absolutely be held on a higher standard.

Exactly between Kelli and Judy I rather Judy was the coach because Kelli is great at marketing the team and just have her in the office but as a coach she's showing double standards. Every company has double standards but you don't see it on national tv ...... none of us is perfect.

But when you put yourself on social media or tv (for example) everything is MAGNIFIED. How many girls have Kelli got rid of because of this problem that they do stupid things? Look at that girl Ika didn't she get released from TCC because of this reason? I mean they didn't have alot of prob with her dancing .... but prob was her drinking shot photos. But then there was Whitney Isleib, she brought the organisation down with her halloween costume. She was kept on because she was a favorite of Kelli/Judy/Charlotte. That is a great example of double standard on national tv. Don't say you want X or Y or Z on national tv and then do a u turn and turn a blind eye on your favorites who do the opposite of what you  said wanted on national tv. Double standards happens with every company in the world I know and understand that but how many of them show them doing double standards on national tv?

Last few seasons of the show, I have seen Judy looking extremely exhausted with the way Kelli is and she bites her tongue on it and I just think, some of the girls she wanted and tried to fight for, I just thought, I rather have those girls Judy wanted on the team, because beauty is only skin deep and learning make up can be taught even on a girl whose face is not what a DCC is. Look at Jinelle. Kelli hated her, but then when she had her make over Kelli liked her a little. But then BOOM. field trial and Kelli loved her because with her make over it made her look so different and so photogenic that Kelli liked and loved her etc.

9 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

As I said it happens here in UK too. So I know noone in UK is perfect but as I said before I know the police in my area are pretty strict even on things like that. I think its because there is a council owned plot of allotments (for those that live in the area but have no gardens etc) that backs onto the bottom of the garden of every house on my side of street and the police and local authorities visit that sight regularly during the day because they do it to enforce the social distancing and I know one of my neighbour the other end of the street had a party and it got broken up because the council saw it thro the fence of the allotment when they were checking.

I wont say that the rules here in uk are perfect and as I said before the rules were enforced and put into lockdown on 17 March here, which I said before, it was a little too late at times but in terms of Lacey's wedding (I do not hate her but I am just using her wedding as a great example) it was weird and hard to see that Texas rules was wedding venues could stay open but at 50% of the venue capacity (from that document I saw from someone posting it on here). Now I don't know when that was enfornced or whether it was put out during lockdown or whether that was done recently when lockdown started to ease (so those of you in texas or america do PLEASE correct me if I am wrong on that one as I am only going by what I saw eg on here etc if that made any sense).

But where as ALL wedding venues here in UK were all closed at the end of the business day on 17 March. Some places had and was opened till 1-2am 18 March because thats when they close eg clubs/pubs/venues that started eg the weddings on 17 March so they were allowed to finish business. But business here in UK are starting to reopen this week. Some places eg fast food like mcdonalds/kfc opened a few stores a few weeks back. Eurgh fast food, are not my cup of tea. But I have friends that work at wedding venues/hotels and their work places are reopening soon but I know they wont reopen everything eg things like the wedding events they are cancelling them for the forseeable future (not every wedding place are like that and those companies that I am speaking for are companies that my friends work in so I can only speak for those)

Its like alot of places here in UK are closed and only opened if it is essential eg schools during the lockdown even things like passport the services are reduced etc. I got friends who renewed their passport in Feb but still have yet got them and I got friends who renewed their passport a month ago and go it a few days ago but I think those are because those friends are doing essential work that require them to need the passport etc.

I do not think UK is perfect with the lockdown rules because someone will ALWAYS break the rules. Those raves in question, I read about them and saw it on the news and I know a few people personally, who went and they were the people that I talked about in my previous posts on here, who I got rid of as friends because they went at their risk but couldn't understand why I wont go with them and called me boring, amount various insults that I wont repeat on here  (because they were pretty rude) etc.

But I know one girl who went to one of those raves, (who incidentally was one of those ex friends who insulted me for not joining in to the raves in lockdown) she has no signs of symptoms. But she lives with her gran. Now her gran is house bound (shes not disabled etc) but shes been housebound since Jan because she fell ill with flu and just chose to stay indoors to recover. Now I know her gran died last week due to corona. Noone has been in their house except her and her gran. Her gran hasnt been outside the house since beginning of Feb. This girl is the one who goes out and does all the food shopping (in her house) etc and goes to all these raves during lockdown. Now I know this because she phoned me up with a grovelling apology for insulting me for refusing to going raving all those times she went during lockdown because she knew she was the one who infected her gran. I haven't actually forgiven her totally. But had talked to her to accept her apology and to give her condolences for her gran etc, but wont be friends with her anymore my own reasons there

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 3

Right @UK-Fan, how they treated Whitney who brought attention to the team by doing something blatantly racist vs Heather for being a victim of a crime just because there was a chance it could “shame” the dcc is honestly disgusting and it shows where her priorities lie. She even made Whitney the point girl but she demoted Heather? And what’s worse, there was an actual case on the team where what could happen with heather did actual happen and again, widely different treatment. For me that was the last straw, she really doesn’t know what she’s doing as a coach and should probably stick to behind the scenes stuff.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Right @UK-Fan, how they treated Whitney who brought attention to the team by doing something blatantly racist vs Heather for being a victim of a crime just because there was a chance it could “shame” the dcc is honestly disgusting and it shows where her priorities lie. She even made Whitney the point girl but she demoted Heather? And what’s worse, there was an actual case on the team where what could happen with heather did actual happen and again, widely different treatment. For me that was the last straw, she really doesn’t know what she’s doing as a coach and should probably stick to behind the scenes stuff.

Yep. Totally agreed. Didn't Heather actually say something about it to K, J and C about it privately before it all got leaked or was it afterwards? Between Whitney and Heather, if IF I was both girls manager, I'd sack Whitney on the spot for bringing such negativity to the company and keep Heather and just put her on back office work for a little while, whilst it blows over in case of backlash etc. Yes Whitney was young and stupid we all been there, Heather is about the same age as Whitney when her problem came to light right and one was more mature to say something about it to management. But Heather didn't do anything wrong tho did she? People hack people regardless of how careful you are.

I lost respect for Kelli then too. I just crack up laughing when she talks about what she does and does not want in her squad .........

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Awwww, I’m a Yuko fan. Always have been. Working through visa issues can be nerve wracking, and requirements can and do change over time. What one person went through may not be the same a few years later. She was gone for maybe two days not weeks. It did not take her long to nail the field entrance, which often totally defeats some of the TCC. I only remember her being told she was “missing details” near the start of camp.

By year two, her English and confidence had really improved. She was never a Holly (few can be) but she knew her choreography, unlike some of the girls they took (hint hint Morgan) and was a much loved teammate. She’ll always be a favorite of mine.❤️

And Yuko had a sense of humor, too! "My cat is an American." 😄 Absolutely adorable.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Yep. Totally agreed. Didn't Heather actually say something about it to K, J and C about it privately before it all got leaked or was it afterwards? Between Whitney and Heather, if IF I was both girls manager, I'd sack Whitney on the spot for bringing such negativity to the company and keep Heather and just put her on back office work for a little while, whilst it blows over in case of backlash etc. Yes Whitney was young and stupid we all been there, Heather is about the same age as Whitney when her problem came to light right and one was more mature to say something about it to management. But Heather didn't do anything wrong tho did she? People hack people regardless of how careful you are.

I lost respect for Kelli then too. I just crack up laughing when she talks about what she does and does not want in her squad .........

Well the story we got was that she was demoted in case they were leaked, as in they’d fire her if they did and it would be easier to kick out a regular team member. Like demoting a 2GL for the first time ever wasn’t noticed... in any case, they never leaked so yeah she got punished for being a victim of a crime and for being responsible enough to bring it up proactively. So yeah apparently being the victim of a crime is more severe than being openly racist.

And again, before someone says that she broke the rules. Well, this exact scenario did happen to someone and that someone remained a point so yeah Heather deserved better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

And again, before someone says that she broke the rules. Well, this exact scenario did happen to someone and that someone remained a point so yeah Heather deserved better.

Who did it happen to?

19 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kelly really only wants to be a Katyrashisn, not a coach. She is taking the team in a direction that is not very good. And the number of girls trying out is a result of her need to be famous!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Holly A

I forgot "the details" on what happened with Holly, please refresh my memory on it.

4 hours ago, jlc said:

Kelly really only wants to be a Katyrashisn, not a coach. She is taking the team in a direction that is not very good. And the number of girls trying out is a result of her need to be famous!!

Totally agree. Thats why I just laugh at her now when I heard her talk about what she wants and dont want on the team, because I also realise parts of the show is done for the purpose of "entertainment". Kelli needs to be aware of what she has and has not said and what she has done and has not done on NATIONAL TV and make sure what she does and say is "consistent" with what was shown on national tv. But that not going to happen.

I cannot wait till this year's series is shown because I really want to see how many girls Kelli "claims" to have tried out this year, when we know its around 1200 from one source and 1500 from another source, can't remember who said those 2 numbers I think Marshal said one of them.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

I forgot "the details" on what happened with Holly, please refresh my memory on it.

Her photos/videos got hacked on her computer/phone and a video of her uh . . . self loving . . . was leaked.