Type keyword(s) to search

Colt & Larissa & Debbie: Me, You, and Bith Phtew

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I thought it was only in cases where there is visible injury on someone, that they were required to make an arrest. 

I haven’t seen anything requiring an injury be present. If people have other sources I’d like to know what the truth is. But everything I’m reading is backing up what Colt said, in Nevada someone has to be arrested or is most likely going to be arrested if the police are called for DV.

11 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

They arrested Larissa because Coltie had scratch marks on him (self inflicted, I’m sure) and he snowed the officers with his calm, psychopath demeanor.   You know if Colt took Larissa’s phone and removed the SIM card, she had to be really hot.  

This is basically what I think too. Many things I’ve read have said if one person is calm and the other isn’t, it’s over for the one who isn’t calm. Add in the fact she’s “foreign” and doesn’t speak perfect English and, yikes. The mandatory arrest laws lead to people not reporting instances of DV for fear they will end up being the one arrested because their abuser knows how to play the police. I think that’s what happened here, probably, too.

(Actually, I’m in Wi (another mandatory arrest state but even still there are different requirements) and I just remembered an instance from my late teens when a friend’s boyfriend got arrested for DV and ‘all’ he did was break her phone. He was acting psycho though. He got it dropped eventually.)

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Honey said:

New York is also Mandatory arrest, and it's explained pretty clearly here.

http://www.opdv.ny.gov/help/fss/part22.html

Thanks for the link. I don’t see anything that goes against what I was saying though? It doesn’t say anything about their needing to be any marks or any other kind of proof. Reasonable cause could be Larissa screaming and acting irrationally and Colt being calm. The part about identifying the primary aggressor was interesting though. But it’s been said he had scratch marks so I guess that made her the aggressor. In another state, without the mandatory arrest law, no one might have been arrested at all, depending on what the scene was. Also, domestic abuse isn’t always physical.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

I've been dipping into Reddit and found some answers to stuff I've been wondering about, mostly about Coltee's job and money.  Over there, they say he works for Konami, that Konami is notorious for paying poorly, that he probably earns around $59,000 a year.  According to Reddit, he graduated only a few years ago (two or four, can't recall which) from a low-grade for-profit college and probably has considerable student debt to pay off.

Spoiler

Larissa has two children, a boy who lives with his father's aunt, conceived when Larissa left nursing school to go live with her boyfriend, and a girl who lives with Larissa's father and whom Larissa plans to bring to the US.

• Love 6

I am not a psychiatrist, and I don't play one on tv, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I do believe Larissa has some sort of mental illness that she either does not receive treatment for, or goes off her meds from time to time.

I have dealt with many people who have bi-polar (formerly called manic-depressive) and they get a high (mania) off of certain things.  For Larissa, it appears to be material things (for some people, it's experiences, etc).  She seems to have it in her head that everyone in the US is rich, and when she saw the reality, she had a swing from high to low.  And the lows can be bad.  My BIL was always affected by material things (electronics, etc) and he would get ANGRY when my husband would get something and he didn't have one too.  Then he'd go off on my husband, make wild accusations at him, etc.  Then he'd come to me and tell me how much of an ass my husband was, and dredge up unrelated stuff from the past about him.  Then someone would try to placate him and he'd swing back up to normal, only to have the next mania tripped by taking him to the mall, or playing a game with him, etc.  Up and down....up and down.  He developed a drug habit, and ultimately he's done very well with marijuana.  He never liked the way the meds made him feel, and he does much better on pot.  And if it works for him, I'm good with it.  He's much more mellow, holds a job, and is pleasant to be around.

I think she's going to be continually disappointed, and I don't know if there's much that can be done if she won't seek treatment or go on/stay on meds.  Her "I MUST HAVE THAT NOW!!!", and then the disappointment when the voice of reason comes up is going to make their lives miserable.  They need to stop showing her things if there's a chance she can't have it.

I think Coltee is weird - no doubt about it - but I don't see him as a sociopath (but I wouldn't be shocked if Steven was one).  I do think he has a jacked up way of thinking/seeing things, and these two are completely incompatible, but I also don't think that the scratches were self-inflicted.  I don't think he should have taken her phone, but I could see her trashing the house.  She photographed herself throwing the flowers he got her away because he wasn't talking enough about their relationship on social media (when by contract, he really can't).  I don't get judgy if a person has a kid in a bad situation and does the best they can and tries to do right by the child.  When you have 2, I give a side eye.  If it comes out there are 3, then I'm going to wag my finger.

• Love 6

I do see a glimmer of something not right in her head. I do think she takes some kind of mood stabilizer, but not regularly or as prescribed. That weird grin she walks around with, the vacant look in her eyes... I say she’s had mental issues in the past. And I think she can go from 0 to 100 in a flash.

i want to watch her fight with Debbie and see how that goes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

@funky-rat, I dont see Larissa's behavior being indicative of being bi-polar at all. Just because she's obsessed with material things doesn't mean she's got any sort of bi-polar disorder. She simply wants materials things, that's her love language, show her you love her by showering her with things, and if they're expensive (by her standards), all the better. I have seen nothing to indicate she's in any sort of manic state. I know what that looks like because two people close to me have been diagnosed with BPD, and let me tell you, you NEVER forget what a person experiencing a manic episode looks like. She'd be running around like a crazy person doing this and that at a mile a minute. All I've seen so far is someone who is clearly here for the green card because she seems to think all Americans are rich, and she can live her version of a posh lifestyle here. That's all I've gotten from her thus far. Now if you'd said she was suffering from GDD-BPv (Gold Digger Disorder-Bad Picker version), I'd be on board with that shit because that? I've definitely seen in spades...

I've been caring for people with varying degrees of mental illness on both sides of my family for about 25 years now.  My mom took care of her brother for longer than that, and his severely mentally ill wife who abused him (Paranoid Schizo).  Both my late MIL and my BIL were diagnosed with Bi-Polar.  My husband was as well at one time, but I always disagreed with it, and the next doctor said he was not - same with the subsequent doctors.  MIL in full mania was scary.  We once took her to a craft show, and she was just bouncing off the walls.  She saw all this stuff she wanted to make, and was convinced she could make money at it.  So the next day she demands my Step FIL take her to a factory a state away so she can buy supplies.  She spends their rent money on hundreds of dollars of craft kits - many cases full.  She gets them home, and is still absolutely giddy.  Opens up every..single..kit.  Two weeks later, she calls asking if we can loan her rent money.  It's sunk in that she can't do the crafts, blew her money on them, can't pay her rent, and can't return the kits because she opened every single one.  When the swing hits her, she gets mean.  Blames us for taking her to the show and putting ideas in her head.  And when we can't spot her rent money, it gets really ugly.  This was constant with her.  Wide swings, up and down.  Back then, they called it manic-depressive.  When I saw the photos of the house after the cops came, things flipped over and whatnot, I thought of late MIL right away.  She did things like that.  And I believe Larissa flipped over the stuff at the house before locking herself in the bathroom.  One time, the neighbors called the cops on my late MIL, and she was involuntarily committed.  Took her 3 months to get back out. 

There are varying degrees of Bi-Polar (type 1, type 2, and others).  BIL was never as bad as MIL - he was originally diagnosed ADHD, and that was changed eventually.  So perhaps Larissa has one that takes her through the swings but not full-on mania - or has something else - but I'd put money (if I had some) on some sort of mental illness with her.  Coltee's comments about seeing problems that weren't really there hit home with me.  And I think that Coltee is ill-equipped to deal with it, and they should just go their separate ways.  But I'm pretty sure they haven't.  Having to deal with that kind of thing is exhausting.  And it's a lonely existence.  My husband gets all of the therapy and whatnot, and I'm tired, worn down, and often in awkward spots because it's not his fault, but it would be nice to every now and again have some time off, so to speak.  I see this ending no way but badly for them, if their story is genuine and not a lot of made for TV drama.

As an aside, when late MIL died, we found the cases and cases of craft kits in her closet.  We couldn't sell them because they were all opened.  We ended up donating them to a nursing home.  The commercial for the new Bi-Polar med, with the woman who orders stuff online at rapid fire pace reminds me so much of her.  BIL didn't get that bad, but he would go through bizarre mood swings when something shiny was in his face, but he couldn't have it.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I think Coltee is weird - no doubt about it - but I don't see him as a sociopath (but I wouldn't be shocked if Steven was one).

I wouldn’t call him a full-blown sociopath, either, but he’s certainly enjoying the power/financial-imbalance between him and Larissa too much, and it looks like it brings out a sadistic streak that I’m not sure he himself knew he had.

PS: I’m also not qualified to diagnose anyone of anything, just some observations!

Edited by CSS.MD
🥤
  • Love 7

I see Larissa for now as someone who was promised a couch.  A couch !   Not the moon, just somewhere to sit.   They have nowhere to sit but that tacky dining table.

That is not mental illness as far as I am concerned, its anger and frustration that every time that moron and her mother promise her something, she doesn't get it.

Asking for air conditioning in Vegas?   Dolt is lucky she got in the car at the airport.

I would trash those stupid snowmen too if they played me like that.

All I am going to fault Larissa with at this point is bad judgement in coming to Vegas to be with that fat ass loser and his mommy.

Mommy and son are weird and creepy, but since Dolt is an adult it is ultimately his fault for everything that has happened.   And....he probably rented those flowers or found them in a dumpster.

• Love 23

Colt the way he is wasnt born like that, he was raised to turn out this way, like.he said, "A mans best friend is his mother." I see his mother as someone who wont let go of her son, why else would she move with him to another state ? At first i had assumed that this was the house he had grown up in but its not. They just always stubbornly insist to live together. Debbie seriously needs to find herself some friends, maybe some nice older ladies who volunteer at the library or who have similar interests, because apparantly in next weeks episode THE HORROR Larissa wants Debbie to move out. I dont think it should be that harsh but there shiuld definitely be a plan to live jn separate dwellings. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, funky-rat said:

When I saw the photos of the house after the cops came, things flipped over and whatnot, I thought of late MIL right away.  She did things like that.  And I believe Larissa flipped over the stuff at the house before locking herself in the bathroom. 

I guess it’s all perception because the alleged photos referred to were, IIRC, only two shots shown over and over, and really there was only a small bookcase leaning on the couch I think, a broom, and a few small things on the floor. It was, to me, hardly a war zone or a snapshot of an awful arguement. In fact, I laughed when I saw because they looked so fake and staged. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

I guess it’s all perception because the alleged photos referred to were, IIRC, only two shots shown over and over, and really there was only a small bookcase leaning on the couch I think, a broom, and a few small things on the floor. It was, to me, hardly a war zone or a snapshot of an awful arguement. In fact, I laughed when I saw because they looked so fake and staged. 

Yes I noticed there was a couch.  So they must have  purchased something .

• Love 3

From what I have gleaned from this show, I believe Colt, like other Americans, made promises to get Larissa here and, once here, keeps making excuses as to why he can’t keep the promises.   Plus I’m sure vacation Colt and real life Colt are quite different.   Colt isn’t going to go against his number one:  his mother.  

I can see why she would be frustrated.  

• Love 18
8 hours ago, LGGirl said:

From what I have gleaned from this show, I believe Colt, like other Americans, made promises to get Larissa here and, once here, keeps making excuses as to why he can’t keep the promises.   Plus I’m sure vacation Colt and real life Colt are quite different.   Colt isn’t going to go against his number one:  his mother.  

I can see why she would be frustrated.  

And yet she keeps listening to and going along with the excuses.  Things aren’t going to change, quit your bitching and go back home. If at first you don’t succeed, Try, try again.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Witchz said:

Debbie - Im guessing before Coltee.

46231288_2258998107486097_6603106860229562215_n(1).jpg

Wow (in a good way kind of “wow”). 😳

On 28/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, funky-rat said:

YMMV, as I've always said, but there's something definitely off about both of them, so I'm not ready to call Colt a sociopath, and I'm not ready to make Larissa innocent.

I think Larissa watched Nikki’s airport arrival scene on repeat before getting on the show. 💐

On 28/11/2018 at 11:08 AM, Cherrio said:

And....he probably rented those flowers or found them in a dumpster.

LMAO how do you “rent” flowers?! 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣💛 Wouldn’t they die on you during the rental period? That’s brilliant snark.

Edited by CSS.MD
Stupid autocorrect.
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I notice her eyebrows haven't changed.

She strikes me as the type of person who lives in the past.

My father’s really mean-spirited uncle (he used to verbally-abuse me when he was grandpa-aged and I was a teen) still wears bell-bottoms.

Because those were his hey-day. They used to be the wealthiest people in their village (first people to have tiled floors in a village where most had to live with a dirt floor hut-style). They’d ride around their motorbikes and show-off because nobody else could afford such luxuries, then the rest of the village’s children tried to better themselves by getting an education, etc. But that uncle and his closest relatives decided to they didn’t need an education because they believed they could just live off the family money forever. Now they mooch off relatives from other members of the paternal side of my family. Him and his bell-bottoms from when they were the bomb...

ETA: I’m still #TeamDebbie with regard to the slot machine, though. She has every right to keep anything she considers of sentimental value. You do you, Deb.

Edited by CSS.MD
ETA regarding slot machine... 🥤
  • Love 7

Look. I found Colt’s doppelgänger on my parody Twitter account’s timeline. Perhaps this is a parody of Colt, or Colt is a parody of this guy (we know he didn’t always look so dorky/nerdy).

Who knows what’s up with this season’s people anymore?!

1B5559FE-9851-444C-AFF6-BA875DCCE3C4.png

Edited by CSS.MD
DAMMIT AUTOCORRECT
  • Love 1

The other night, my Uber driver was Brazilian. It took me a minute to realize his directions were playing in Portuguese, so I mentioned it and we started chatting. His accent is exactly like Larissa's with the "ee" added to the ends of words. It was spot-on. First thing I thought of was you guys!

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, iwasish said:

No more than Larissa is. 

Oh absolutely they both are manipulating but Colt is master of them all. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Momma will do whatever it takes to hang on to baby boy and even ifLarissa was a Saint (which she isn't) momma would find a reason to stir the pot. They are all awful but Larissa does make me chuckle.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ALittleShelfish said:

WAIT WHERE DO WE TALK FOR THIS NEW EPISODE?

And my goodness, can we say a prayer for the buttons on Coltee's shirt?  

😂yes those buttons were screaming to be released. It looks like Colt put on weight fast after bagging Larissa.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

😂yes those buttons were screaming to be released. It looks like Colt put on weight fast after bagging Larissa.

I think he’s stopping at Mickey D’s for a second breakfast, 

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 12:24 AM, Lily247 said:

I see his mother as someone who wont let go of her son, why else would she move with him to another state ? 

Like Coltee's mom, I'm also a widow. Aliya jr was only 14 when he lost his father. I moved to his college town when he was a junior and we wound up living together to save money (I went back to school). We now live across the street from each other. I'm not going to lie, but if he moved out of state, I'd move with him, tho probably not move in with him.  I'm also getting older and don't see any reason why I should live away from him just to show how 'mature' we are. If he bought another house in town, I wouldn't have to move to be close to him, but I might.  I could justify it, tho, by saying that I'm downsizing. : ) I like my son. We like being together. What is the purpose of being separated just to miss each other? He has his own life; he's just close to me while he's living it. : )

• Love 11

Coltie's got a serious spare tire jiggling around there.   I think he totally fits into the vegas vibe though....he looks like a "rich" guy with a woman who is squeezed into super tight dresses and heels no matter what the occasion.   He loves to play this role.   Not that it doesn't play everywhere in the world but in Vegas it's just so appropriate LOL

• Love 1

@aliya Nothing wrong with being close to your son. I wish my sons lived close by with their families but they don’t. I just don’t want my sons to ever feel guilty about taking care of me. They are entitled to  living their own lives and following their on dreams.

• Love 4
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Colt probably went on some sort of diet and exercise regimen before he went to Brazil to meet up with Larissa and found the weight again once he knew she was on the hook.

Larissa needs to back off Colt in regard to his weight. She’s not satisfied with anything and now  she’s going to harp on that?  It’s no different than Azan lecturing and insulting Nicole. 

There has not been one thing since she arrived that she’s been happy about. And no matter what he does or buys, there’ll always be something wrong or something else she wants.

• Love 7