Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Awful People

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Wanting to see the faces behind the 9-1-1 calls, Maddie goes on a ride-along with Athena, while dealing with a seemingly "perfect" dispatcher back at the call center. Meanwhile, Hen must figure out how to save her family from permanently falling apart, and the first responders deal with emergencies both at a military funeral and a movie theater.

Every time I watch a new episode of this show, I like it even more than I did the week before. I love the character development of this show. But then again, that is my measure of a good show no matter what the show's theme is. I guess it's the backseat shrink in me : )

You're not alone. For me, shows just don't do enough of that. Takes too much thought, I guess. It's probably the reason this show might not last. Too much character development, not enough sex, danger, or violence.

• Love 2
On 10/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, mojito said:

You're not alone. For me, shows just don't do enough of that. Takes too much thought, I guess. It's probably the reason this show might not last. Too much character development, not enough sex, danger, or violence.

I hope you're wrong. :-(  I keep trying to spread the word about this show. It's along the lines of This Is Us for me. 9-1-1 and This Is Us are the only shows I really feel like I have to know what happens next. The character development is incomparable to most TV shows these days.

• Love 2

Well, this episode definitely lived up to its name. I didn't really feel sorry for Gloria and definitely not Eva. The emotion behind Hen and Karen's relationship and their love for their son definitely stole the show for me. I enjoyed the hour though. The beginning had me laughing, then I was like what? Then sickened. Then aww. It brings out a full gamut.

That guy in the wheelchair really did deserve to die.

I was waiting for Maddie's ex to somehow find out she went on a ride along and come find her. It's all playing out much too nicely for her. She did do a nice job saving that guy's life.

Next week looks good, I'm definitely intrigued.

• Love 4

I'm glad that they wrapped up the fired 911 muffin lady's story line in one episode (at least, I assumed they did).  I expected her to disappear until the season finale and turn the 911 call center into an active shooter situation or something similar.  I kept trying to find out where I'd seen the actress before (imdb was no help) and I finally googled the episode and show name.  Christine Estabrook--she's been in tons of stuff, but I mainly remember her as Martha Huber from 'Desperate Housewives'. 

• Love 8

I kept saying "don't do it, Hen, call for help." I was so glad when she did. I was glad that she and her wife had faith and their son's biological father was supportive and cared about doing the right thing.

Got to say that I worry about Athena's safety. She goes into all these dangerous place by herself before calling for back up or help.

I like Maddie. I think that she is a good addition. Of course, her abusive husband will find her, but at least her stalker has moved on.

That bigoted racist guy defecating in his mouth was revolting.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

What didn't I love about this episode? Hen is awesome. I liked that Michael was hanging out with Hen and that their kids have playdates. It's something shows forget sometimes when they play the "cast as family" angle, that it means their actual families should know each and have their own relationships. I love that Hen walked away but came back. I love that Athena caught the bad guy because of his burns. I even liked Maddie's story.

The only con was not enough Bobby and Athena.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

(imdb was no help)

The listings at Futon Critic are a pretty good source for guest stars' names on the night of a show, before IMDB gets around to posting full episode info.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

That bigoted racist guy defecating in his mouth was revolting.

Can that really happen? That was truly disturbing (but happened to such a deserving fellow).

I thought funeral protesters had to be so many feet or yards away and were regulated on time or something too.

Damn it Gloria!  I liked you and your muffins.  

I missed a bit why didn’t Buck or Bobby help the racist guy?  

I am Glad that the guy who was Hen and Karen’s kids biodad turns out to be not fha ass Eva is.  I am also glad Hen didn’t let her die but didn’t show up when she was being led off to jail.

Athena is awesome

• Love 4
10 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Christine Estabrook--she's been in tons of stuff, but I mainly remember her as Martha Huber from 'Desperate Housewives'. 

I was trying to place her the entire episode.  The best thing about the show is the camaraderie with the crews.  The worst thing, man defecating in his mouth.  I just don't love Jennifer Love Hewett and I don't love that she seems to be taking up a lot of the show.  Buck is hardly in it anymore but to provide someone for her to talk to. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

They are only firefighters and not paramedics with the skills needed. It seems as if Diaz was a combat medic and I don't know if he was a paramedic before going firefighter career path that most main TV firefighters seem to have while that does seem to be the path Han took while I think Hen is just a paramedic. Emergency's  Gage and DeSoto were lucky because the LA County Fire Department actually does use Firefighter/Paramedics and not singly qualified paramedics

• Love 3

Bobby did it again for me when he was all "Captain Nash, stand aside" and when he told the woman who ran over the grifter that she did the right thing not to move. I think it's the walk. He strides confidently, and it's sexy. And then when he kissed Athena's hand, I went "Aww." I was also glad to get a scene with Hen and Athena. I love their friendship. (The best scene of the series so far is when Hen shows up to give Athena her handcuffs keys because she's getting it on with a guy and can't reach them. Hen's laughter is gold.)

Every time I see Angela Bassett, I think "She's so beautiful." (The pixie wig is not my favorite of her hair looks, but it makes sense that Athena would wear her hair short.)

I recognized the insurance grifter - I was like, that's the lady that stole the packages. I didn't realize it was supposed to be the same woman (sometimes shows reuse actors; see: all the Law and Orders), so I was glad that the show called it out.

Was I supposed to laugh at "snitches get stitches?" Because I did.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Kleav said:

The listings at Futon Critic are a pretty good source for guest stars' names on the night of a show, before IMDB gets around to posting full episode info.

I just said this on The Resident board. I don't know who all is in charge of updating IMDB, but they've been awful lately-especially with guest stars. But even those who have been added to a cast during the summer are not listed.

9 hours ago, rhys said:

Can that really happen? That was truly disturbing (but happened to such a deserving fellow).

I thought funeral protesters had to be so many feet or yards away and were regulated on time or something too.

They have to be so many feet, or in the case of this cemetery there was a fence-which they had to stay behind. And yes, that can happen because it had no where else to go. 

• Love 1

I mostly liked this episode, with a few reservations. First off, Maddie, please learn how to block callers on your smartphone. You'll save a lot of agita with that.

I'm glad it touched on call-takers' troubles. It really happens, although not as extreme as portrayed here for effect. Burnout is high, pay is low and morale can be all over the map, depending on the agency. They're often the forgotten service members when people think of first responders, but they're the first voices of hope you'll hear on your worst day. So it's all the more tragic when someone loses the plot, and this is as good a display of that as you'll see on a Ryan Murphy FOX-TV show. I hope nobody reading this ever needs to call 9-1-1 in real life, but if you do, be nice, and (quickly) thank them before you disconnect.

I do wish they hadn't tried to (poorly) redeem Gloria's character after the accident with the story of what made her snap in the first place. She committed numerous felonies, maybe cost a ton of lives over the years and deserves to pay the piper for that.

One thing that bugged the hell out of me. At Maddie's console, one of her monitors is a map. Guess what that map is there for—to pinpoint a caller's location using the Enhanced 9-1-1 system! In most places in the country, when you dial 9-1-1, your location, within a few feet, pops up on screen. No need to triangulate off towers or other such dramatic nonsense. It's right on the screen. If you call but can't speak, or the line disconnects for whatever reason, they'll send help based on precisely that info. Victims often owe their life to it. Bad guys often owe their incarceration to it.

Glad they seemed to settle Hen's family drama and the ex going back to the Big House. Hopefully she'll stay there and that we've seen the last of her, although I wouldn't bet on that. The guy looks really stand-up, and if he's part of the kid's life that's gonna be a Good Thing, I suspect.

What irked me is that for the first few episodes they seemed to be settled as a ladder truck crew, which is just fine. Truck 118, with a five person crew works just fine for me as the show settles into its rhythm. Now we have them back as an Engine (a very different skill set), and now split with an ambulance. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, damnit! Keep them as either an engine crew or a truck crew, bring in a paramedic team as part of the ensemble and give them the scenes as needed. Personal grump here, between this, that 5-alarm dumpster fire in Seattle, and Chicago Fire, engine companies are getting the short shrift, damnit! But I guess there's not enough drama humping hose and taking hydrants <grin>.

Overall I'm still enjoying this show. Much more than last season.

• Love 10

I was looking forward to this episode, and it did not disappoint! Awful people doing awful things, getting karmic punishments for their awfulness. Including Hens awful ex, who showed her true colors to the legal system, and will no longer be causing trouble! 

I liked all of the plots, and I have grown to like Maddie a lot this season. She seems to be really good at her job, and scenes with Athena were really good, they had a good report throughout the episode. I also like seeing more of the call center this season, beyond just the main person we see. With Abby, she was already a veteran responder, so she was mostly focused on her mom and her romance with Buck, but with Maddie being new, we can see more of what its like from a new persons perspective. It must be a really hard job, and they dont seem to get the credit they deserve, as they dont have the "action" quality of other first responders. Not that it excuses being an asshole. Gloria might have gotten a bit of sympathy at the end, but she was clearly an Awful Person who deserves to face a whole lot of consequences for what she did. 

Its the lady from the karma episode! I thought that was her! And the guy actually spewing diarrhea from his mouth was disgusting, but well deserved. 

Glad that the Hen family drama has seemingly ended, and the bio dad seems like a good guy. Also loved seeing her wife and Athena's ex on a play date with the kids, that was really cute, and it adds a lot to the realism of the story when you see supporting characters hanging out. It makes the world seem real when even the supporting characters clearly have lives off camera. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Raja said:

They are only firefighters and not paramedics with the skills needed. It seems as if Diaz was a combat medic and I don't know if he was a paramedic before going firefighter career path that most main TV firefighters seem to have while that does seem to be the path Han took while I think Hen is just a paramedic. Emergency's  Gage and DeSoto were lucky because the LA County Fire Department actually does use Firefighter/Paramedics and not singly qualified paramedics

I wondered why Maddie didn't step in considering she's a nurse. Then figured maybe she felt like she shouldn't, but that's an odd thing because aren't medical personnel honor bound (or whatever it's called) to act in an emergency if they can? And then at the next stop, she does step in to help out so now I'm even more confused. Guess they really wanted that racist dude to have diarrhea of the mouth and then lose consciousness (I think?) before they'd step in. Which raises another question: are medical staff/first responders allowed to treat patients who've lost consciousness when they refused treatment by them while conscious? Could the guy sue, despite them having saved his life?

I do wish they hadn't tried to (poorly) redeem Gloria's character after the accident with the story of what made her snap in the first place. She committed numerous felonies, maybe cost a ton of lives over the years and deserves to pay the piper for that.

Agreed. I'm sure a lot of call responders simply get burned out and tired of people screaming at them or not being able to understand them and they become jaded. There was no reason to tack on some kind of explanation about her divorce changing her and becoming cynical after listening to a woman die. 

I didn't care much for the drama with Hen and her wife and kids either. I like the characters just fine but I prefer the show spends more time on rescue calls than on interpersonal drama. Seems like the male cast was mostly ignored in this episode.

I've noticed that Angela Bassett cannot help sounding as though she is trying to seduce somebody. She always uses her ultra-sexy voice whether it's appropriate or not. It's starting to crack me up because she's playing a police officer and she's in all these dangerous situations but she's still talking to perps and victims like she's a seductress.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Efzee said:

I wondered why Maddie didn't step in considering she's a nurse. Then figured maybe she felt like she shouldn't, but that's an odd thing because aren't medical personnel honor bound (or whatever it's called) to act in an emergency if they can? And then at the next stop, she does step in to help out so now I'm even more confused. Guess they really wanted that racist dude to have diarrhea of the mouth and then lose consciousness (I think?) before they'd step in. Which raises another question: are medical staff/first responders allowed to treat patients who've lost consciousness when they refused treatment by them while conscious? Could the guy sue, despite them having saved his life?

At the cemetery Athena told Maddie to stay in the car and unlike many civilians in cop dramas, she actually did. I need to rewatch but I think at the restaurant they were both inside because they were originally just going for lunch, and once Athena realized the cook needed help ASAP she brought in Maddie herself.

And oh, the guy spewing actual shit out of his mouth? I'm going to savor that scene for a long, long time.

• Love 8

Maddie needs to button up her shirt!! I don't mind JLH, but I'd prefer to see less of her character. Buck was front and center last season, but this season it's just him whining about Abby. I don't him want to go back to his man- whoring ways, but he needs a decent plotline already.

I hope never to see Hen's scumbag ex again. I don't want a child custody threat each season. This is now 2 for 2. I hate recycled plotlines - I'm looking at you Chicago Fire. 

I know it's more expensive,but it would be nice to see some fire calls.

Athena, Bobby and Diaz are my favs.

• Love 2

I enjoyed seeing more Maddie this episode. I think seeing the call center is what I've wanted all series and we simply haven't gotten enough. So this episode, despite Maddie being out in the field for part of the episode, was good in the sense of allowing us to see the unsung heroes. 

Lots of awful people. I was so excited to see Gloria, an older dispatcher and was excited to see her maybe making a recurring appearance...well, before she turned into a nasty woman. I couldn't muster up any feelings when she was having her big epiphany after her car crash. I'm glad Maddie and her boss looked just as disgusted when they discovered how she hung up on people all the time. 

Hen's ex can stay away at any point. I'd be thrilled if this is the last time we ever see her. Hen has enough issues of her own to deal with. 

Man, despite how disgusting it was to see the guy spewing shit from his mouth, I'd gladly watch that scene again to see karma bite him for being a racist old ass. I did get a chuckle at him having hope that a white guy would save him...only to find out his last piece of hope was a guy whose last name is Diaz. Good on the actor for portraying his character's horror when he heard the word "Mexican". 

Glad to see the package thief make a reappearance! I knew I recognized her but had no clue where until they pointed it out. 

• Love 4

Glad to see the package thief make a reappearance! I knew I recognized her but had no clue where until they pointed it out. 

I didn't remember her from a previous episode but I recognized the actress from the short-lived series GCB. She's a great comedic actress.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, rhys said:

Yes.  The digestive tract is just a long tube, and what goes down can always come back up, even when it's coming back up from...ahem...a longer distance.

I've never really had strong feelings about JLH, save for an episode of SVU that I flat-out thought she was incredible in.  But she's really won me over.

Hen and Athena are #FriendshipGoals.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm glad Maddie and her boss looked just as disgusted when they discovered how she hung up on people all the time. 

The incredible part is that nobody caught it much earlier. Dispatchers and call-takers get regular performance reviews, and supervisors (at least in this part of the world) remotely listen in to make sure things are good. Plus don't you think at some point, someone who was hung up on would have lodged a complaint—especially if something serious resulted?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

The incredible part is that nobody caught it much earlier. Dispatchers and call-takers get regular performance reviews, and supervisors (at least in this part of the world) remotely listen in to make sure things are good. Plus don't you think at some point, someone who was hung up on would have lodged a complaint—especially if something serious resulted?

Especially after the boss said more than half her calls were under 45 seconds...uh, no one caught that when she was up for Most Call Answered Award (or whatever they called it)??

• Love 2
5 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I know it's more expensive,but it would be nice to see some fire calls.

I know what you mean. I've been craving a good fire on this show for a while now. More opportunity for me to see my sexy fire captain in action.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I didn't remember her from a previous episode but I recognized the actress from the short-lived series GCB. She's a great comedic actress.

I remember her mostly from Party of Five, which is what I associate JLH with the most as well. That, and I Know What You Did Last Summer. What can I say? I'm a 90's TV chick.

• Love 5

It tickles me that JLH is wearing her shirt untucked (to hide whatever pooch she thinks she has) and unbuttoned (to reveal her cleavage) while everyone else at the call center is buttoned up and tucked in. Aaah, good-old Hollywood vanity.

If Gloria's been doing it for 8 months, I'm sure some complaints would have been filed prior to Maddie getting involved,but this is TV.  Just like Maddie forgetting that she has a BLOCK feature on her smartphone.....how would we ever realize how unhinged Gloria is if we don't see her repeatedly bugging the shit out of Maddie with crazy messages?

On 10/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

Every time I see Angela Bassett, I think "She's so beautiful." (The pixie wig is not my favorite of her hair looks, but it makes sense that Athena would wear her hair short.)

Me too! I think she looks good with the short wig (it compliments her cheekbones) and like you said, it fits with the character. 

Like others, I can't stand Hen's ex and hopefully this is the last of her. I also don't really care for Hen's wife either but I love that they are friends with Athena's ex as well. Love seeing the crew interact together in their personal lives.

• Love 5
On 10/16/2018 at 7:38 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Damn it Gloria!  I liked you and your muffins.  

I am Glad that the guy who was Hen and Karen’s kids biodad turns out to be not fha ass Eva is.  I am also glad Hen didn’t let her die but didn’t show up when she was being led off to jail.

Athena is awesome

I haven't finished t he thread, so apologize if this has already been answered ... Bobby and Buck are not paramedics; Chimney and Hen are (and Eddie was a medic).

• Love 2

Bobby seems to know an awful lot of medicine for not being a paramedic though.  He’s able to diagnose and treat a lot of injuries/ailments.  This seems to be the first time he was not able to do something.  (Maybe it was a liability thing. Need to be licensed to perform an intubation.)

On 10/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

I'm glad it touched on call-takers' troubles. It really happens, although not as extreme as portrayed here for effect. Burnout is high, pay is low and morale can be all over the map, depending on the agency. They're often the forgotten service members when people think of first responders, but they're the first voices of hope you'll hear on your worst day. So it's all the more tragic when someone loses the plot, and this is as good a display of that as you'll see on a Ryan Murphy FOX-TV show. I hope nobody reading this ever needs to call 9-1-1 in real life, but if you do, be nice, and (quickly) thank them before you disconnect.

I'm a  dispatcher for a home alarm company, which is a very, very mild version of what 911 dispatchers go through. Many times, I've been told I should look into that as a career switch, but I never would, and something like the description of the 'dead end' call is the reason why. All the respect for the amazing folks who can handle that and keep going - I know I couldn't.

Even in my current job, I'll frequently have a customer, in the middle of the night, ask if I can stay on the phone with them while they go downstairs to find out why their alarm went off. If that's what they want, I do it, but there's a tension to knowing that it's absolutely possible that they'll walk into a situation in which I'd never be able to get help to them in time.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

This. Eight months' worth of calls being handled like that, and not one adverse outcome that led to an investigation that revealed the hang-up? But I've come across news stories of real cases like this, so however boggling, it's apparently possible.

It also makes me wonder how much of it was, indeed, a blue line situation - I would think many of the people she disconnected would have called right back, and if they happened to be routed to a different dispatcher, would say something at that point about the previous call. The default assumption would, as JLC's boss pointed out, be that it had been a dropped call or accidental button-press, but you have to wonder if anyone suspected...

On 10/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

I'm glad it touched on call-takers' troubles. It really happens, although not as extreme as portrayed here for effect. 

While there is no doubt the show has been glamorized for Hollywood, this statement is incorrect.   I personally have taken the call Maddie opened with, and so much worse.  Daily in fact.   People in general can be mean and nasty and will when they don't get exactly what they want.   They don't seem to understand that when you call 911 you are our eyes and ears and yes you will have to answer some questions so that we can prioritize the call and send the correct help to the correct location.   And no we don't have a transporter so help needs to drive there.

This show does seem to get better and better,  which of course means it'll get cancelled.  Was it this good last season?  I don't remember it being must see last season. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, CandyKat said:

While there is no doubt the show has been glamorized for Hollywood, this statement is incorrect.   I personally have taken the call Maddie opened with, and so much worse.  Daily in fact

No, what I meant by "not as extreme as portrayed here" was Gloria's actions, not the calls received!

This show does seem to get better and better,  which of course means it'll get cancelled.  Was it this good last season?  I don't remember it being must see last season. 

It seems like it's trying to be a bit more serious this season. Last season bordered on camp a little too much. But the ratings are solid, and besides, Fox is so far up Ryan Murphy's butt they're coming out of his mouth again. You have little reason to fear cancellation at this point.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It seems like it's trying to be a bit more serious this season. Last season bordered on camp a little too much. But the ratings are solid, and besides, Fox is so far up Ryan Murphy's butt they're coming out of his mouth again. You have little reason to fear cancellation at this point.

The Disney takeover may complicate things somewhat.  Disney will own the show, but they are legally unable to own the Fox Network.

Dammit Buckette is growing on me.  I think it’s because she was Athena-adjacent.

”What Would Athena Do” is fabulous life advice for anyone, really.

Ok, show.  Quit shitting on Hen.  Let her be happy FFS. 

Jesse Vazquez got old!  I suppose being a 35 year old college freshman nearly thirty years ago will do that to you.

12 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

No, what I meant by "not as extreme as portrayed here" was Gloria's actions, not the calls received!

?  ah yes,  makes more sense this way!  I've heard stories of calltakers doing this,  there was one in Detroit that went to jail for it.   I took it as things I might think but don't say,  especially the are your legs broken call.   The glass breaking call was more legit.   In fact that would probably get a code response from officers. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CandyKat said:

?  ah yes,  makes more sense this way!  I've heard stories of calltakers doing this,  there was one in Detroit that went to jail for it.   I took it as things I might think but don't say,  especially the are your legs broken call.   The glass breaking call was more legit.   In fact that would probably get a code response from officers. 

I remember the one from Detroit. There were a few in NYC that were bad, too. It happens occasionally. It's why I could never be an intake operator. And don't forger about language barrier issues either!

It also happens on the road. One EMS crew in NYC ducked a child in distress call for something like 20 minutes. Kid died. Never did find out what ultimately happened to those two in the bus, but I hope it involved some quality BubbaTime.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:34 PM, SimoneS said:

Got to say that I worry about Athena's safety. She goes into all these dangerous place by herself before calling for back up or help.

Fortunately, I think Angela Bassett has excellent Plot Armor!

On 10/16/2018 at 8:37 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

One thing that bugged the hell out of me. At Maddie's console, one of her monitors is a map. Guess what that map is there for—to pinpoint a caller's location using the Enhanced 9-1-1 system! In most places in the country, when you dial 9-1-1, your location, within a few feet, pops up on screen. No need to triangulate off towers or other such dramatic nonsense.

I just read about that less than a month ago, so I don't think it's all that well known yet (and wouldn't work for land-lines - although, since those are in a fixed location, they may not need it.  It sounds really great since one of the very first thing the first responders need a location (second being what type of help is needed -- police, ambulance, fire or some combo) -- everything else comes after that (fro what I've read).  Knowing that they can get the location quickly no matter what is a great advance.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, iMonrey said:

I've noticed that Angela Bassett cannot help sounding as though she is trying to seduce somebody. She always uses her ultra-sexy voice whether it's appropriate or not. It's starting to crack me up because she's playing a police officer and she's in all these dangerous situations but she's still talking to perps and victims like she's a seductress.

That because Ms Bassett is Sex in Uniform.  You're just drawn to her voice like a moth to a flame!

On 10/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, iMonrey said:

Fox is so far up Ryan Murphy's butt they're coming out of his mouth again.

Are you calling Ryan Murphy a racist????  LOL

• Love 1

This episode was really short for those who FF through JLH's scenes. I find it upsetting that the whole show seems to be about her while the real actors who made 9-1-1 succesful are playing side characters to her. Same happened on Ciminal Minds - even the SEASON FINALE was wasted on her. The show lost 2 longtime cast members the next year, one of them never had a chance to get a proper goodbye.

I give this episode 9/10 stars for Athena only ...and 0.01/10 for the rest.

"Awful people" ... such one-sided BS. Maddie is quite an awful, self righteous person herself. Everyone’s fighting a battle we know nothing about. These so called "awful people" might be going through worse things in life than precious maddie. The racist POS was the only one who truly deserved the shit that happened to him.

My point is - something awful must have happened to these people that made them so awful. Bad people have a backstory too.
The insurance scammer needs money. (i need $ too)
As for Gloria .. lmao. She probably killed more than a couple of people and I didn't cry for her when she got in a car accident obv. But I can't help but feel bad for her too. She has to listen to everyone's problem while no one cares about hers.

I think it wouldn't be such an awful episode if it wasn't about maddie.
Through Hen and Athena's story they showed that first responders (and normal people with common sense and a heart) help everyone -good people and bad people. With maddie they tried to force her down our throats as a "good" person while trying to paint others as awful people.
The woman who called her a stupid bitch at the beginning wasn't wrong I mean the idiot kept asking the same questions.

The show would do much better without the 911 dispatcher. She's unnecessary, uninteresting and takes away so much time from others, the "acting" is obnoxious, her crying is fake and she obviously can't be mentioned on the same page as the other actors in the show. She brings them down when they have a scene with her. I thought it was impossible to bring Angela Bassett down but their scenes together were PAINFUL to watch. It's not AB's fault tho.

Not to mention no one cares about her character's backstory. FFS Bobby lost his family, get over yourself, you have no problems in life. The only way her story would be interesting if there was a plot twist like it turns out her ex never abused her and she was the one who abused him but the writers probably won't go there.

The show is called 911. The dispatcher and the center should be an integral part of it. I wanted more of it last year. I'm really enjoying this season and I'm glad I gave JLH a chance. 

Can we please keep this about this show and not criminal minds?

• Love 14
On 10/15/2018 at 8:34 PM, SimoneS said:

I kept saying "don't do it, Hen, call for help." I was so glad when she did. I was glad that she and her wife had faith and their son's biological father was supportive and cared about doing the right thing.

Me too. It was feeling a little too reminiscent of a scene in Breaking Bad, so I was relieved that Hen didn't pull a Walter White.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:00 AM, tennisgurl said:

Its the lady from the karma episode! I thought that was her! And the guy actually spewing diarrhea from his mouth was disgusting, but well deserved.

Instant Karma.

I agree that Maddie should definitely have known how to block callers - given her past with her abusive husband. Heck, you can block people from showing up in your feed for pretty much every app/program - including PTV forums.

• Love 3