Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

So is Glenn dead or not dead? ...

‘The Walking Dead’ Removes Steven Yeun’s Name From Opening Credits
NOVEMBER 1, 2015 | 08:20PM PT Laura Prudom
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walking-dead-steven-yeun-opening-credits-removed-missing-glenn-1201631311/

If you were paying attention to the opening credits of “The Walking Dead” this week, you might’ve noticed a big change — Steven Yeun’s name is no longer part of the opening titles, the first time he’s been absent from the sequence since the pilot.

Also, Rick's hand is apparently okay...

Will Rick Lose His Hand on AMC's 'The Walking Dead'?
OCTOBER 30, 2015 11:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-will-rick-hand-834755

"I'll give you an absolute because I've been dealing with a lot of ambiguity in storytelling here in protecting the story: Rick's hand is safe," showrunner Scott M. Gimple tells The Hollywood Reporter. "You can proclaim it from the mountaintops: His hand is safe! He will be wrapping it. There will be some ointments involved."
"It's a very big season. … We're dropping everyone in the deep end of the pool," Gimple said of the heart-racing start of season six that won't feature a ton of time passing before the midseason finale. "Things can get worse — in different ways. There will be some very unique turns to this story coming up."

With the survivors' leader left in an impossible situation, Gimple confessed that this is a universe in which even a character like Rick Grimes can be killed off.

"Absolutely. It's a scary thing but this is a scary show," he said.

My hubby said the colleague said it was the guy who "always wears camouflage" which I think he means Darryl, but I'm not sure about that.

More likely Abraham, I would think...but I don't pay much attention to him and his attire.

With the survivors' leader left in an impossible situation, Gimple confessed that this is a universe in which even a character like Rick Grimes can be killed off.

Can, sure. Will?

SWC still had her name in the credits for season 3, way after Lori was dead, so this missing credit for SY just seems like a bad fake-out. Even if Glenn is really dead, they've already admitted that there will be more Glenn story to tell, so th actor will be around (like SWC).

• Love 1

More likely Abraham, I would think...but I don't pay much attention to him and his attire.

Yeah, my hubby doesn't know the characters' or the actors' names, so the colleague telling him wouldn't have left an impression, hence the description. Abraham does seem more likely, but I'm not as up on his storyline, so I'm not sure what that scene would mean.

The one on the other road sounds like it might be more interesting - and of course it's raining again (just like last Monday), so they are in for a miserable day of shooting if it's outside. I'm surprised they keep coming here to film since the weather on the days they are here generally seems to be miserable. We do have an abundance of interesting buildings here and a cooperative local government though, so...

• Love 1

Isn't he a series regular on another show?

It kind of really annoys me how hard they are trolling the fans. There are other ways to generate interest/discussions, you know?

I think that he's only been doing guest arcs of late ( Justified, The Mindy Project,...)

So I've been thinking.  If the spoilers are true that Jessie and Ron are toast, that would leave Sam an orphan.  Since he and Carol have developed kind of a relationship, she could become his new mother figure.  I really feel like she needs a chick to mother, and being a boy, Sam would avoid comparisons to Sophia.  It would be a very interesting twist to throw at Carol--how does she maintain her badass, invisible self with a kid to worry about, and how would her parenting change, knowing what she didn't know back when Sophia was still alive?

• Love 2

Nah Sam dies. Jessie is holding his hand (and with her other hand, Carl's) and Sam gets devoured somehow and she won't let go of Carl's hand so Rick cuts her hand off and Ron freaks out and tries to shoot Rick. Carl intercepts to save Rick getting the bullet in the eye or grazing the eye. Something like that.

• Love 2

I just saw this on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/9mMwPxj2ZL/?taken-by=garretdillahunt

Wonder if they've found their Negan?  

Edited to say, if they have, then I can get behind this casting 100%

Hmm, I would be OK with that, but I admit I've been holding out hope Kevin Durand would get it. He would also be an awesome Negan. But he might be not have time with The Strain and Vikings, and the other movie stuff he has going on.

Edited by CrazyDog

Nah Sam dies. Jessie is holding his hand (and with her other hand, Carl's) and Sam gets devoured somehow and she won't let go of Carl's hand so Rick cuts her hand off and Ron freaks out and tries to shoot Rick. Carl intercepts to save Rick getting the bullet in the eye or grazing the eye. Something like that.

That sounds pretty awesome.

mandolin, yeah I guess it was a combo of filming spoilers (when the actors who play Jessie and her two sons were on set, and also they haven't been seen on set in months) and show source for the MSF rumour.  But it's actually still not 100% confirmed so it's classified as rumour.  Forgot to add that Michonne kills Ron for what he did, like instantly, without thinking, to protect Carl and Rick.  I wonder if she lops his head off?  Pretty gruesome all around, although I didn't care for the Anderson family much anyway. 

Although Sam was cool.  I wish he could've been spared to keep following Carol around and learn a few tricks for living in the ZA nightmare.

• Love 3

The info is Jessie and Ron die in MSF. The comics it's Jessie and SAM die. Personally I don't know if Jessie Die on the show if she will get her death from the comics it's very similar to the death of Patricia in the mid season finale of Season 2.

Patricia died in the final episode for that season, the MSF death

was  Walker Sophia.

This Sunday's eppy appears to give Jessie a lot of face time, plus Alexandra will be on

Talking Dead.  So I think the rest of the Andersons will die.

Though I hope  that Sam will be spared.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba

Patricia died in the final episode for that season, the MSF death

was  Walker Sophia.

This Sunday's eppy appears to give Jessie a lot of face time, plus Alexandra will be on

Talking Dead.  So I think the rest of the Andersons will die.

Though I hope  that Sam will be spared.

Oops I did mean she died in season finale thanks for correcting that. I like Jessie and Sam so if they die that sucks the only one I don't care for at all is Ron. I was hoping Jessie would become a pseudo Andrea she has shown potential for being a badass. Was also hoping if she died that it would be different death since her comic death has basically been done

In the comics if I remember correctly she was only holding onto Carl cause she was being attacked by Walkers like Patricia holding onto Beth in season 2 finale

Yup. Also noted was the Anderson family actors were back on set for ep.9 which led some to speculate that they were filmed as walkers (and then not seen after that). Father Pee Pants is also supposed to redeem himself somewhat by helping Rick get Carl to the infirmary. They are filming the finale ep.16 this Monday I think.

Episode 6.06 - Always Accountable

Daryl, Abraham and Sasha encounter many obstacles and a new threat while trying to return to Alexandria.

Episode 6.07 - Heads Up

Alexandria is finally able to begin pulling itself back together; peace is embraced between the two groups.

The Walking Dead - Episode 6.06 - 6.07 - Titles Revealed + Synopsis

Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, November 06, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/11/the-walking-dead-episode-606-607-titles.html

Edited by tv echo

I dig it.  I've read so many supposed choices for that iconic character and JDM was not the front runner.  I think it's cool.  Would've liked John Hamm though too.  But JDM has that ability to funny and threatening at the same time, and he has the looks for it.

• Love 1

As much as I liked the Garret Dillahunt idea, this works, too. His work as the Comedian alone lets me know he'll handle Negan just fine, plus he's got the right size and physical presence for the part.

Now to see how the writers are gonna get around all those f-bombs Negan likes to drop. Heh.

Edited by Nutjob

I have no idea who Negan is.  I don't read the comics.  But no Dillahunt.  Bummed.  Morgan is good and more than capable.  But Dillahunt is electric.

I agree. I was looking forward to Dillahunt. I've only really seen JDM in Grey's Anatomy, though. I don't recall seeing him as a villain. 

• Love 1

I admit: Who knows!  That is true.  No one knows.  Maybe Negan (on TV) will be great. But . . .

I never read, and still don't read, the comics. But I remember hearing so many wonderful things about the Gov, how he and his story would shake the world, how it would bring in more viewers and how we, the older viewers, would sit mesmerized by the the level of stupendousness that his introduction into TWD would bring.

But then . . . but then the GOV actually showed up on TV. Heard all 'round the world a tired yawn.

So, we'll see.

I suppose you can count me un-optimistic.

• Love 2

Haha yes. It was underwhelming, wasn't it? I think the idea was to make him less cartoonish, give him more nuance etc. Plus they couldn't show certain graphic scenes involving Michonne and they scrapped the Rick hand thing. So he was defanged somewhat. No fault of DM who is a fab actor. My concern with this particular big bad is the swearsies. This is the show who had Rick say "They're screwing with the wrong people." Ugh. Also I saw recent pics of JDM and he's practically emaciated due to dropping 40lbs for his role in Texas Rising. He had better beef back up again. Dude is 6'2" and needs to be more physically imposing, not a scarecrow.

Edited by JBody
  • Love 4

I've not read the comics but I know how things play out with Negan's introduction so I have concerns.

As far as the Governor, I blame his initial story arc on the fact that we saw much of it thru Andrea's eyes and her ill-advised romance with him. Then, instead of being killed off, he got to stick around and come back for "The Governor, Round 2." I think that the writers tried to make him something other than a one-dimensional bad guy and it didn't work. The two episodes (that seemed like 20 episodes) of him wandering, finding Tara and her family, and then taking over the trailer park group were poor story telling choices. The role was a waste of David Morrissey's talent.

• Love 3

Yeah, they really botched the Governor character in a lot of ways... and I totally agree a lot of it had to do with the focus on Andrea, another character they botched. Negan can be really scary if they just let him be, and don't water him down (other than the cursing, which I realize they'll have to do) the way they did the Gov. JDM will definitely have to beef up if he's dropped weight, though, because Negan is a hoss.

• Love 2

My concern with this particular big bad is the swearsies. This is the show who had Rick say "They're screwing with the wrong people." Ugh. 

That gets on my nerves as well. I now have a "smart" phone that auto-corrects a certain word to "tucking" or "ducking". I know what word I want to use, and if I were trapped in a train car, about to be eaten by cannibals, I wouldn't be toning down the language. 

• Love 3

Welp, looks like Daryl fans are gonna get their freak on this Sunday.  Abe & Sasha too.  I like the three of them so it should be good.  I read the synopsis and there's a fair bit of action in it, and the inclusion of presumably comic character

Dwight and 2 women. I think one of them is meant to be one of Negan's wives.

We're supposed to spoiler comic stuff right?  If not I can amend this post.  Anyway they abduct Daryl and end up double crossing him.  So it's supposed to be an early introduction to

the Saviors

Edited by JBody

Ah crapola I forgot the most intriguing part. At the very end there's a voice on the radio (? -- they weren't too clear on that point) which whispers the word "Help..." so lots of speculation that it's Glenn.

• Love 1

Ah crapola I forgot the most intriguing part. At the very end there's a voice on the radio (? -- they weren't too clear on that point) which whispers the word "Help..." so lots of speculation that it's Glenn.

Oh wow.  It would probably be Glenn, I guess, as the next episode (after this coming Sunday's episode) is when we are supposed to get the answer on what happened to Glenn, correct?  (Forgetting, of course, that SY has been seen on the set recently so we can assume Glenn is alive.)

• Love 1