Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

So, this is the very first time I've come into this thread on the board other than peeking once or twice early in hiatus time. I am glad to see evidence of Glenn being alive, but I am just not pleased with the show last night. Too much time spent on a big fake-out if that's how it ends up.

• Love 4

I snuck in behind you, mandolin. The more I like a show, the more I stay far away from any kind of spoilers. The two exceptions have been the recent GOT ending and Glenn. Both seem so off to me in terms of current story and character arc, etc. I just have.to.know.

OK, the next time someone opens the door, I'm sneaking back out...

• Love 3

So...Glenn gets saved by Jesus?  lol  Hallelujah!  Still hate the show right now.  Haaaate it.

Also, that guy looks like Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys.

Hallelujah indeed! Now how will this go down? The survivors return to Alexandria, take a head count and realize that Glenn never returned. Cue the tears, regrets and anger.  Will the audience learn that he survived before Rick and the Gang find out? Or will we all be "surprised" together? Will Jesus find him under the dumpster and return with him to Alexandria?

I prefer to see the charade end sooner rather than later. I'm thrilled that Glenn is still alive but I don't care for the fake-out.

• Love 5

So count me in as thrilled if Glen  is still alive. However, If this turns out to be another fake out, (ala Judith) then I am disappointed in the show for going there. 

I am also so not on board for a Morgan episode. I know everyone seems to just love the character except I really don't. He quite frankly bores me. He's fine as support cast, but centering the show on him? They barely have room to squeeze in appearances for Abraham, Rosita and Tara, but a whole episode on Morgan? No. Just No. Yawn.

OTOH maybe we can all use a  break, I have to say the show has been pretty intense. especially after watching  too many weeks of this  shows far inferior offspring FTWD.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

A lot of people dislike Morgan now.  It's what Show loves to do: troll the audience by upending expectations -- since season one everyone was clamoring for more Morgan, he was a fan favourite, blahblahblah and now they're like, you wanted it, you got it, enjoy! -- only it's not the Morgan we knew, or ever wanted.  Hahaha Show. 

So TSDF maintain we'll see Glenn again in episode seven, and Jesus too, as mentioned.  Some say he rescues him and others believe Enid does.  If TSDF thinks Glenn ain't dead, then he ain't dead, IMO.  Like someone mentioned on the main thread, it's another Judith car seat fakeout...  or Carol prison death fakeout... and etc.  Even though I was spoiled on it I was still pretty freaked out by it.  I can only imagine the heart palpitations I would have had if I hadn't been spoiled and that's one of the reasons I will always be a spoiler junkie. 

Further to the Enid theory, this seams to line up with Maggie adopting Sophia in the storyline, in that Enid replaces Sophia. 

• Love 1
So TSDF maintain we'll see Glenn again in episode seven, and Jesus too, as mentioned.  Some say he rescues him and others believe Enid does.  If TSDF thinks Glenn ain't dead, then he ain't dead, IMO...

Thanks. I take this to mean that viewers and characters will not see Glenn again until episode 7. Ehhh...that's a long wait. I was hoping that the audience would find out sooner. This sets up way too much repetitive "is he or isn't he" commentary.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

• Love 1

Thanks. I take this to mean that viewers and characters will not see Glenn again until episode 7. Ehhh...that's a long wait. I was hoping that the audience would find out sooner. This sets up way too much repetitive "is he or isn't he" commentary.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Yep.  Episode 4 is Morgan's, and Daryl's kidnapping is episode 6 (don't know about episode 5).

• Love 1

A lot of people dislike Morgan now. It's what Show loves to do: troll the audience by upending expectations -- since season one everyone was clamoring for more Morgan, he was a fan favourite, blahblahblah and now they're like, you wanted it, you got it, enjoy! -- only it's not the Morgan we knew, or ever wanted. Hahaha Show.

So TSDF maintain we'll see Glenn again in episode seven, and Jesus too, as mentioned. Some say he rescues him and others believe Enid does. If TSDF thinks Glenn ain't dead, then he ain't dead, IMO. Like someone mentioned on the main thread, it's another Judith car seat fakeout... or Carol prison death fakeout... and etc. Even though I was spoiled on it I was still pretty freaked out by it. I can only imagine the heart palpitations I would have had if I hadn't been spoiled and that's one of the reasons I will always be a spoiler junkie.

Further to the Enid theory, this seams to line up with Maggie adopting Sophia in the storyline, in that Enid replaces Sophia.

I had to spoil myself because Glenn's one of my faves.

I can't really see Enid going out of her way to rescue anybody, but she did leave Alexandria and has some survival skills and the actress did say something like we'd be pleased when we saw her again, which could fit with this situation. Glenn does seem to attract strays.

I'm glad Glenn appears to be alive, however unrealistic it may be. I'm not sure whether I think he'll get his comic death or not. The pieces are lining up, but this fakeout could take the emotional component away.

• Love 1

Indeed if Glenn doesn't get iconic Glenn's death then who does? And how will Glenn die? Because he has to, I think, for character development's sake, but I would hope it's a tad more heroically than what we saw last night.

Don't know if this means Glenn isn't dead, but Steven Yeun's resume lists him as part of the cast at least through Season 6, Ep. 16.  Of course, IMDb may not have the correct information.

Cast regulars are listed in the credits for the whole season.  Even if Glenn died this week, the credits will still say Steven Yeun until the end of the season.  IMDb does not reveal spoiler deaths.  After the fact, it may list which episodes he was actually in.  But the entire main cast is listed until episode 16.  They know doing otherwise gives it away.

• Love 1

Indeed if Glenn doesn't get iconic Glenn's death then who does? And how will Glenn die? Because he has to, I think, for character development's sake, but I would hope it's a tad more heroically than what we saw last night.

Daryl? Morgan? I am not sure Glenn has to die for Maggie to turn into her comic counterpart, if that's what you are saying. Surely someone will die in that way though. Glenn's death shocked me in the comic, but when I think back on last night's episode, it seems fuzzy and unreal, like I had taken Ambien. :p The whole thing feels fake. (Well not Rick's portion)

Maybe Deanna will suffer Glenn's fate. That'd be a twist for me.

I'm glad Glenn appears to be alive, however unrealistic it may be. I'm not sure whether I think he'll get his comic death or not. The pieces are lining up, but this fakeout could take the emotional component away.

I don't think that he will get his comic death for precisely the reason that you state...the emotional component - the shock - has been eliminated by this fake death.

However, I'm guessing that someone else will suffer that particularly horrible comic death. It is too powerful and brutal to be skipped over.  Now as to who it will be...

I'm sure Morgan will get Glenn's Comic Death, because I don't think Lennie James signed up for more than one season and since Morgan was also in the first episode, it would be similarly shocking.  

Are we sure that Glenn's murderer from the comics is showing up this season? (I thought that we weren't going to meet him until next season.)  If so, then Morgan is a possibility. Of course, another candidate for this shocking death - and I hate to say it - is Daryl.

• Love 2

So, I'm starting to wonder if we might not have a two-fer death.  I'm wondering if they might just kill Glenn and Rick.  Both are trapped like they were in s1. The dumbass comments. Only this time they are alone and can't help each other. :(.

Hopefully not. I'm so not a fan of flashback episodes on The Walking Dead. They're always such a pain to get through. (I could not care less about what happened to Morgan between Clear and now.)

Also, I don't think Glenn will die the same death as in the comics. The show has mostly changed the character deaths in recent years. If they introduce Negan, it will probably be a long running character that bites it (my money is on Morgan, with Daryl, Carol and Glenn being possibilities. Though Glenn would be too obvious and Daryl is too popular of a character).

Not a fan of flashback episodes either. Gimple is a very good writer, but he never learns. Those Governor episodes is Season 4 were awful and brought all the shows momentum to a halt. As much as I like Lennie James, I'm not watching Ep 4 just on principle. I'll read the summary and save myself the aggravation.

As far as the Negan death, my money is on either Morgan or Daryl. I think Glenn is safe for this season, since Gimple is very predictable and once a character has a fake out death  (Carol and Judith), they tend to be safe. I think Carol is in for the long haul, as Gimple seems to love the character and the actress. But, even if she weren't, having an abuse-survivor brutally beaten to death by a man is not a message this show wants to send, so it won't be her.  Daryl, on the other hand, hasn't really being doing much in terms of character development.  Also, I'm not sure how popular he is now. Season 1/2/3 Daryl was awesome, but the Pod/Emo Daryl from Season 4 onward is pretty much dead weight.

• Love 3

This thread is my crack.

First of all, what is TSDF?

Also, did Talking Dead's In Memoriam didn't mention Glenn as has already been noted. Anyone remember if Carol or Judith were mentioned in their fake out deaths?

The Spoiling Dead Fans (I think)

So, I'm starting to wonder if we might not have a two-fer death.  I'm wondering if they might just kill Glenn and Rick.  Both are trapped like they were in s1. The dumbass comments. Only this time they are alone and can't help each other. :(.

I don't think there is a show without Rick.   Love or hate him, he's the central figure, and AL has done a phenomenal job with the role.    For that matter,   I think Michonne, Carl, and maybe Carol are untouchable.    They need to have more scenes with the four of them going out and raising hell. 

• Love 7

I don't think there is a show without Rick.   Love or hate him, he's the central figure, and AL has done a phenomenal job with the role.    For that matter,   I think Michonne, Carl, and maybe Carol are untouchable.    They need to have more scenes with the four of them going out and raising hell. 

I dunno, if Andy wanted to leave the show, they might.  But I do see your point. I know I wouldn't watch without Rick.

• Love 1

Yup The Spoiling Dead Fans. They have a message board and Facebook page. Good group of peeps;I've been with them for a few years now. They're known for their filming spoilers/pictures and summaries. Err, what else... The Big Bad --supposedly get a glimpse in the season finale (and Lucille). Daryl is a good guess. The henchman Dwight is supposed to be around during Daryl's episode (6). Glenn... Just don't know what they'll do but likely die saving a main cast member. Rick maybe --full circle. Rick and Carl are good until the bitter end. Unless, I suppose, AL wants out, and he said that would only happen if he got bored with it.

Anyone know if we're going to know Glen's fate next episode, or of they're going to draw it out?

Nope.  Next episode is Morgan, then I think a return to ASZ (with maybe a side of Maggie angst and The Search for Spock I mean Glenn), then Daryl's episode (I can't remember all the details but he gets kidnapped and Dwight is supposed to be there), then supposedly we see Glenn again in episode 7, as well as can be expected, and judging from the filming spoilers, hangin' with Jesus.  I think this is a double fake out, as others here have suggested.  Fake out Glenn's death now, he reappears alive and well, only to bite it during the MSF or finale.  I don't know which -- but Jessie and Ron die during the MSF, just not sure if that's when Carl loses his eye.  I can't figure out if Judith makes it.  If Jessie is holding her and they do Lori and Judith's prison death I will be supremely PISSED OFF.

• Love 4

I can't believe I'm still in this thread. Like a drug; I should've never tried it.

Is Carl going to lose an eye?

The eye thing is from the comics but it is one of those things that might/should be skipped like Rick losing his hand upon first meeting the Governor. Rick losing the hand would have been a really annoying bit of costumery for the run of the series and Carl surviving the loss of any eye would be hard to make even remotely believable outside of a comic book.

• Love 3

Nope.  Next episode is Morgan, then I think a return to ASZ (with maybe a side of Maggie angst and The Search for Spock I mean Glenn), then Daryl's episode (I can't remember all the details but he gets kidnapped and Dwight is supposed to be there), then supposedly we see Glenn again in episode 7, as well as can be expected, and judging from the filming spoilers, hangin' with Jesus.  I think this is a double fake out, as others here have suggested.  Fake out Glenn's death now, he reappears alive and well, only to bite it during the MSF or finale.  I don't know which -- but Jessie and Ron die during the MSF, just not sure if that's when Carl loses his eye.  I can't figure out if Judith makes it.  If Jessie is holding her and they do Lori and Judith's prison death I will be supremely PISSED OFF.

Has all of this been confirmed?

I would be surprised if we lose Glenn this season. As another poster mentioned upthread, his current fake death is going to remove much of the emotional reaction to his real death. I also don't like the idea of losing Judith while in Jessie's arms. Same with Carl losing an eye.

I enjoy this show but the savagery is starting to take its toll on me.

• Love 1

The eye thing is from the comics but it is one of those things that might/should be skipped like Rick losing his hand upon first meeting the Governor. Rick losing the hand would have been a really annoying bit of costumery for the run of the series and Carl surviving the loss of any eye would be hard to make even remotely believable outside of a comic book.

Yes, I'm an avid reader of the comics. I just don't frequent this thread. I only came in for Glenn info, and now look at me. *shakes head in self disgust*

I know Kirkman thinks the thing with Rick's hand was a mistake, so I doubt he would repeat it. I can't imagine the eye thing happening on TV which is why I asked. :-)

• Love 4

I don't know if Carl is going to full-on lose an eye.  He may just have a close call, but there was a pic that showed him with a bandage around his face, covering an eye.  I guess we'll see if they do a Full Monty, or just a Near Monty.

Has all of this been confirmed?

I would be surprised if we lose Glenn this season. As another poster mentioned upthread, his current fake death is going to remove much of the emotional reaction to his real death. I also don't like the idea of losing Judith while in Jessie's arms. Same with Carl losing an eye.

I enjoy this show but the savagery is starting to take its toll on me.

TSDF confirmed. Filming spoilers and other sources they have. They are usually bang on so I have no reason to doubt them at this point.

• Love 1

Poor Maggie, if the spoilers are true. That means she was told both her sister and husband were miraculously alive after all oops no never mind. Not to mention she will have lost her ENTIRE FAMILY (though I'm sure she'll be pregnant if Glenn dies).

Is Glenn's death via Lucille? I know we aren't supposed to be getting Negan this season.

ETA: I misread that Glenn's death was confirmed, sorry. It sounds like it's still ambiguous. I agree we'll lose Glenn or Daryl by the MSF. I love Daryl and have impure thoughts involving him wearing nothing but a crossbow pretty much every day, but he hasn't really done much the past few seasons except hang with Beth, have conflicting feelings about post-apocalyptic suburbia, and be adorable with Aaron and Eric. And act as the official CDB harbinger of death for poor Buttons. RIP, Buttons.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut

TSDF confirmed. Filming spoilers and other sources they have. They are usually bang on so I have no reason to doubt them at this point.

Thank you. From my past peeks into TWD spoilers, I know that TSDF are usually correct. However, I don't like any of this news.

I spent way too much time on TSDF tumblr site tonight. However, it does seem that they are spot on in what they report. The info they had for the first 3 episodes was correct and they have several pictures of Glenn filming beginning with episode 7. He was reported to be on set today.

Both Glenn and Darryl seem to be safe for the MDF. Episode 6 is more than just Darryl's kidnapping it seems. There was a bridge scene filmed with Abraham for the episode.

I can't believe I'm still in this thread. Like a drug; I should've never tried it.

Is Carl going to lose an eye?

2lw669z.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/photos/pb.164502373704909.-2207520000.1446007119./535988369889639/?type=3&theater

Scott Gimple cleared up speculation about Rick's hand in a recent interview:

TVLINE | What is the significance of the cut on Rick’s hand? It seemed to be bothering him a lot. Can you get infected by getting walker guts in an open wound?

It’s entirely possible, but we haven’t really gotten into it on the show. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say something definitive: Rick is OK regarding that cut. His hand will survive. There will be a bandage. There will be some ointment involved. But he’s going to walk away from it.

http://tvline.com/2015/10/26/glenn-dies-walking-dead-steven-yeun-alive-dead/

• Love 1

I spent way too much time on TSDF tumblr site tonight. However, it does seem that they are spot on in what they report. The info they had for the first 3 episodes was correct and they have several pictures of Glenn filming beginning with episode 7. He was reported to be on set today.

Both Glenn and Darryl seem to be safe for the MDF. Episode 6 is more than just Darryl's kidnapping it seems. There was a bridge scene filmed with Abraham for the episode.

Nice. Did they say anything about episode 5? Don't recall hearing anything about it.

Jessie and Ron die during the MSF, just not sure if that's when Carl loses his eye.  I can't figure out if Judith makes it.  If Jessie is holding her and they do Lori and Judith's prison death I will be supremely PISSED OFF.

I hope they don't go there with Judith. Let Jessie and Sam have their comic death, but leave Asskicker out of it.

FWIW, Spoil the Dead doesn't think Glenn is dead either as Steven has been on set for every episode since ep.7.

Information for ep.5 seems to be pretty thin on the ground.

• Love 1

Yes, I'm an avid reader of the comics. I just don't frequent this thread. I only came in for Glenn info, and now look at me. *shakes head in self disgust*

I know Kirkman thinks the thing with Rick's hand was a mistake, so I doubt he would repeat it. I can't imagine the eye thing happening on TV which is why I asked. :-)

Regarding Glenn (semi-graphic novel spoiler):

I don't have a link handy, but Kirkman has been quoted before in interviews as saying his two biggest mistakes in the GN were (a) cutting off Rick's hand and (b) killing off Glenn so early in the series. So here's hoping Kirkman treats the alternate reality of the TV show as a do-over opportunity.

• Love 1

Episode 5 has to be the one where the Walkers swarm ASZ. Okay, Rick's made it back. But the question is, do any of the others -- Daryl, Sasha, Michonne etc, make it back before or after the fun starts.

If they don't, then there won't be many "fighters" left to stand. Rick, Carol, Carl, Rosita, Maggie . . .

Edited by JackONeill

Weren't Michonne and her fellow survivors walking back into ASZ near the end of the last episode?? I assumed the burnt out houses were on the outskirts of ASZ?

Yeah, they were right next to the fences. There is a quick visual of the outside supports.

• Love 2

People. This thread is to discuss and debate actual spoilers about the Walking Dead, not debate and discuss the concept of spoilers in TV land. I've removed a ton of posts that have nothing to do with, nor belong in this thread. You want to debate spoilers, go to the Small Talk thread.

Get back to discussing spoilers for the show itself, not the intricacies of how Spoilers work, and how they mean different things to each person.

Thank you.

• Love 1

I hope they don't go there with Judith. Let Jessie and Sam have their comic death, but leave Asskicker out of it.

FWIW, Spoil the Dead doesn't think Glenn is dead either as Steven has been on set for every episode since ep.7.

Information for ep.5 seems to be pretty thin on the ground.

The info is Jessie and Ron die in MSF. The comics it's Jessie and SAM die. Personally I don't know if Jessie Die on the show if she will get her death from the comics it's very similar to the death of Patricia in the mid season finale of Season 2.

Okay, I guess these are sort of a spoiler, and I didn't know where else to put them since it contains information about a future episode or two.

I meant to post this one last Monday when it happened, but I was a bit distracted still by last week's episode. I live in a town that The Walking Dead has filmed in quite a few times, and so I know what the filming signs look like.

So all day last Monday, The Walking Dead was filming on our campus. I could see the filming equipment from the second floor door of my building. They were filming in an old storage building, and from what I heard, one of our colleagues got a selfie with one of the show's stars. My hubby said the colleague said it was the guy who "always wears camouflage" which I think he means Darryl, but I'm not sure about that. But apparently this was at least a partially (probably mostly) indoor scene in an old, good-sized, wooden, probably fairly unkempt, equipment building. This one I'm sure of, because I saw the filming signs, equipment, catering trucks, and because of the colleague. Probably not a lot of information here, but except for Alexandria homes, indoor settings rather than outdoor might give a clue to someone about what could be coming up.

Tomorrow (Monday), another road in our town is going to be blocked off. This generally happens when TWD films in areas of our town not easy to manage. I know the road fairly well, because our old apartment was on it. A couple of potential set places on that road are an old textile mill/plant and the surrounding grounds and a small recycling drop off (with lots of large industrial bins and a small trash compactor) and adjacent fire department testing area (where there is a burned out concrete building where they do fire drills and such.) There are also some swampy type areas, and the grounds of the plant - weirdly - has a small, rather random, out in the open, and not connected to anything that I can tell, small cemetery area. (It's kind of creepy actually as to why a small group of people would be buried right there). This I am less sure of since it hasn't happened yet and so I haven't seen the filming signs to confirm, and it's possible something else could be filming, but generally the other main thing that films here (Rectify) doesn't close roads, so I'm guessing this is probably a Walking Dead thing, too, like last Monday.

If this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize, and please feel free to move it or delete it.

• Love 6