Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

This doesn’t even make sense.....one per size is not restocking, or is it?

Tyler Baltierra @TylerBaltierra 24m

L O O K ! @tierrareign wanted to thank all of you for the support that has been shown, so we are RESTOCKING what was sold out! BUT this is the last bit of inventory of these handmade items. There is only one per size left, so get it before someone else does! #TierraReign

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This doesn’t even make sense.....one per size is not restocking, or is it?

Tyler Baltierra @TylerBaltierra 24m

L O O K ! @tierrareign wanted to thank all of you for the support that has been shown, so we are RESTOCKING what was sold out! BUT this is the last bit of inventory of these handmade items. There is only one per size left, so get it before someone else does! #TierraReign

Sounds to me like he’s desperately trying to get rid of the stock he has left and making it sound like he has to RESTOCK. That dude hasn’t restocked anything and trying to make us believe he was sold out. 

Hurry up before it goes is a tactic used when sellers can’t get stock to move and wants people to believe they better act NOW to fight the lines of buyers. Pfft.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 10

My reading comprehension must suck. I thought she was supposed to be coming home last week.

Tyler Baltierra @TylerBaltierra 1h

My wife is incredibly strong & courageous. She inspires me to just be a better human being all around & I’m honored to share my life with such a selfless soul. I love her so much & can’t wait for her to be home! #CatelynnStrong

I didn’t even read the comments on this one. I’m sick of the Tyler is so wonderful bullshit.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

On Dec 11th Tyler wrote cate is coming home THIS Friday.   So I read that as last Friday the 15th?  

That’s the date I thought, and then there were no tweets about her return, and he tweeted that it was snowing “here in the Midwest “. I thought she was back. I was wrong.

• Love 2

Wow ... boo hoo.  Poor Catelynn and Tyler had a vacation planned when it was convenient for B&T to let them visit Carly.    And them all just assuming she's asking hard questions.  Yeah, maybe she is, but those questions are probably, "why do we have to go see those weird people, Mommy?"  Or "You'll never leave me with them, will you, Mommy?  Promise?"

• Love 22

Brandon and Theresa need to close this adoption down...NOW!  If MTV had not picked up Cate and Tyler's story I feel Cate and Tyler would have broken up....and Cate would have dealt with these emotions 8 1/2 yrs ago.....they have broken the rules so many times and continue to do do to the day...Dawn needs to be blunt and tell them...it's time to let go....she is no longer your daughter.

• Love 22
On December 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM, ghoulina said:

They should change their motto from "Reign Over Your Dreams" to "Switch Dreams Every Few Months and Give Them a Half-hearted Attempt Until You Move on to the Next One". 

Leah Messer from TM2 can really relate to this new motto, too. (Granted, Cate and Tyler seem to give their passions a tad bit more of a "go" before switching to the next than Leah....which is saying something.) 

On December 15, 2017 at 2:39 PM, teapot said:

there was some discussion (was it another thread or earlier on this one) about Cate having lost interest in her appearance, and whether it's due to depression.

I feel like when she was younger, she'd accessorize with a hat or a choker or a scarf;  that she liked to dress up.

I know that when I'm heavier, all I care about is covering up! And I tend to be a shopaholic, but when I'm gaining weight I'm in the fitting room going, "okay, this doesn't look that bad..."  dressing up isn't as much fun.  (I will never tell that to Ashley Nell Tipton, the plus-size designer who won Project Runway  last year, her attitude & designs are amazing!)

Sometimes I wonder why Catelynn doesn't just get the lap band surgery, but that of course brings an *entire* lifestyle change  (I've had friends who've gone through it, and, while they look great, they're basically working hard to keep themselves healthy 24/7, between the do's & the don'ts.)

I think she's depressed because she's heavy, and then she either says "fuck it" or eats to comfort herself

I totally agree. I have had this whole cycle play out myself a few times (I have chronic depression) in my life. 

• Love 7

This show has really given me a negative impression of open adoption, which I'm pretty sure is exactly the opposite of what Bethany Christian Services thought would happen when they hooked Cate up with MTV to do the show.

I know people in "real life" involved in all sides of some open adoptions and I know they're just like anything else - some good stories, some bad stories, etc depending on the situations. IMO, this show has done more to encourage people/teens who are facing unexpected pregnancies to NOT consider adoption than any of the "bad" stories I've ever heard from people who placed or adopted in open adoptions. If Bethany (& the private adoption lobby) had any sense, they'd do whatever they could to get Tyler and Cate to stop raging publicly against B&T by putting them back on the paid speaking circuit or hell, throwing them some cash to play nice with B&T on TV/social media. 

(From adoptive parents I know who went through private agencies, I've heard most bio moms want an open adoption. Many adoptive parents who'd rather have a closed adoption realized pretty quickly it wasn't likely to happen and decided they'd do an open/semi-open adoption if that's what it took to be able to adopt. Showing open adoption in such a negative light on TV isn't going to encourage bio moms to do closed adoptions. It's just going to make the number of bio moms consider placing a child for adoption smaller, as most would only consider open adoption. This is totally backfiring on Bethany & the industry.)  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15

Because it cannot be said often enough (and I haven't said it in a while), "STFU, TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I just can't address the comments he (and Catelynn) made about Brandon and Teresa because his words and attitude made me so angry.  I'm an adoptive parent.  My daughter is five years old and knows she is adopted.  We don't tell her much about her birth mother and father because she doesn't really ask.  We've never arranged a meeting because she's never asked.  People wonder why I still keep in touch with the birth mother and I tell them it is for my daughter because someday she will ask questions.  But I won't discuss it further with them b/c I have I heard too many stupid comments along the lines of Tyler's diatribe. 

Brandon and Teresa have followed through on everything they said they'd do.  That is the most important thing; they have held up their end of the adoption agreement.  They have gone much further than anyone I have heard of, probably because of the very public nature of this adoption situation.  Life takes over and the relationship between the birth parents and adoptive parents changes over time.  Catelynn and Tyler have to accept than and grow up.  I can't even believe Dawn is still involved in this.

I'm so upset with them for how they are handling this adoption.  I just can't find the words to explain.  SMH!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 22
45 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Because it cannot be said often enough (and I haven't said it in a while), "STFU, TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I just can't address the comments he (and Catelynn) made about Brandon and Teresa because his words and attitude made me so angry.  I'm an adoptive parent.  My daughter is five years old and knows she is adopted.  We don't tell her much about her birth mother and father because she doesn't really ask.  We've never arranged a meeting because she's never asked.  People wonder why I still keep in touch with the birth mother and I tell them it is for my daughter because someday she will ask questions.  But I won't discuss it further with them b/c I have I heard too many stupid comments along the lines of Tyler's diatribe. 

Brandon and Teresa have followed through on everything they said they'd do.  That is the most important thing; they have held up their end of the adoption agreement.  They have gone much further than anyone I have heard of, probably because of the very public nature of this adoption situation.  Life takes over and the relationship between the birth parents and adoptive parents changes over time.  Catelynn and Tyler have to accept than and grow up.  I can't even believe Dawn is still involved in this.

I'm so upset with them for how the are handling this adoption.  I just can't find the words to explain.  SMH!

I think your approach to the questions your daughter might eventually  have is a great one. I feel like Brandon and Teresa are probably near the end of their rope and will eventually cut off all ties with C&T. If they had just used a little common sense at some point, they could remain involved in Carly's life to some extent, but at the rate they're going they'll end  up with restraining orders. 

15 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

I'm guessing that Brandon & Teresa are no longer calling their daughter Carly.  Wasn't her full name Caroline?

I've thought the same thing for awhile. I'm betting "Carly" is only used by C&T and their crazy bunch. I'm guessing she's Caroline, Carrie, or something along those lines to people who actually know her. 

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

I'm an adoptive parent.  

Thanks for your perspective; it was interesting to read. I am very curious to know how other families handle the birth parent situation. When C&T meet with Carly do you think she knows who they are or are they just "friends"? How would you explain that later? 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This show has really given me a negative impression of open adoption, which I'm pretty sure is exactly the opposite of what Bethany Christian Services thought would happen when they hooked Cate up with MTV to do the show.

Honestly? Me too. It's been kind of a dream of mine to adopt ever since I was a child. Although I can no longer have kids of my own, we've never discounted the idea of adopting on down the line. This particular scenario is turning me off from open adoptions, and even some domestic ones. 

I don't mean that to be offensive to those of you who are on both sides of the adoption process-you guys seem awesome and lovely and I realize that C&T are the exception, not the rule. But, considering my luck, C&T are exactly the kind of people I would end up working with and that scares the shit out of me for both myself and the child in question. 

• Love 14

I'm an adoptive parent. I'm a real parent. B&T are Carly's real parents. They're raising her. I would close the adoption. 

Bethany is terrible. I will agree Dawn doesn't care about C&T. Bethany is known for lying to get birth moms to place with them. C&T thought adoption would mean Carly sees them every week and they can all hang out. That's not adoption. 

8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Honestly? Me too. It's been kind of a dream of mine to adopt ever since I was a child. Although I can no longer have kids of my own, we've never discounted the idea of adopting on down the line. This particular scenario is turning me off from open adoptions, and even some domestic ones. 

I don't mean that to be offensive to those of you who are on both sides of the adoption process-you guys seem awesome and lovely and I realize that C&T are the exception, not the rule. But, considering my luck, C&T are exactly the kind of people I would end up working with and that scares the shit out of me for both myself and the child in question. 

I adopted from foster care. Not all birth parents are like B&T. My daughter's birth mom calls me mom andherself by her first name because I'm mom. She wants my daughter to understand both if our roles. She respects me and we have a good relationship 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I adopted from foster care. Not all birth parents are like B&T. My daughter's birth mom calls me mom andherself by her first name because I'm mom. She wants my daughter to understand both if our roles. She respects me and we have a good relationship 

3 hours ago, Marisagf said:

I'm so upset with them for how the are handling this adoption.  I just can't find the words to explain.  SMH!

I would close the adoption if I were them. 

• Love 6

I was curious to see if Cate got a DUI or several and was in court ordered rehab. I searched Baltierra (I may go back and look for Cate but I got distracted and forgot what my original intent was) Tyler's name came up for speeding a few times. I wondered if he was tweeting and speeding. The minute he was pulled over he tweeted. Look at the time date on his tweet and the time date on the ticket. I circled them for your convenience-lol.

tylertweetspeed-vert.jpg

• Love 10
On 12/19/2017 at 9:06 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Maybe the worst passage in the article:

I don't even have to break it down. But "I support their decision because I don't have a choice" is not supporting their decision, asshole. 

For me it’s “I gave you the right” yes fucknut in a sense you gave them the right. But you literally gave them your rights as in YOU NO LONGER HAVE ANY FUCKING RIGHTS!!!” I don’t get how he gets to be so condescending without even understanding what he’s saying. You can’t give up your rights while simultaneously keeping your rights. Uggg 

Edited by dabronx
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Damn, usually I'm sitting there in a state, trying to get all my paperwork and not cry in front of my kid. Who has time to reach for the phone and Tweet???

LOL.  I had a minor traffic accident two weeks ago that was 100% my fault.  I was so upset and crying, the cops took pity on me and didn't cite me!  "It's OK, ma'am, really.  You didn't mean it."  

• Love 13

I do not get these people on different. FB TM groups who are trying to excuse C&T trying to reschedule. “They were starting a business!” No the fuck they were not. Not in any meaningful sense. Tyler didn’t code or build that website. Tyler didn’t sew those clothes. At most he provided images for the site and maybe some of the writing and labels and those hilarious “design” drawings. That’s nothing they couldn’t reschedule.  

• Love 20

I wonder, do Cate and Tyler feel they are equal to Brandon and Theresa because they too have money in the bank?  Once Teen Mom OG ends the Baltierra's bank account will dwindle fast!  Brandon and Theresa are educated and have the brains and experience to sustain their lifestyle for the rest of their lives..... Carly's future is secure... Nova's is not.

• Love 16
On 12/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, Darknight said:

I'm an adoptive parent. I'm a real parent. B&T are Carly's real parents. They're raising her. I would close the adoption. 

Bethany is terrible. I will agree Dawn doesn't care about C&T. Bethany is known for lying to get birth moms to place with them. C&T thought adoption would mean Carly sees them every week and they can all hang out. That's not adoption. 

The Bethany org weirded me from the beginning. I figured they weren't adopting out to the nice LGBTQ families who are often shut out from the foster system. B&T were eager for a white newborn and to swoop in like good Christians to save the deflowered, crying teens. If the finances are eased by a one-off TV special they likely thought would be pushing abstainence, if indirectly, so be it. But now it's a full blown circus. What astounds me is that Cate and Tyler fundamentally do not get that every lurching step they take toward a continued public person is one giant LEAP they will be removed from Carly.

Not that B&T shouldn't close down that mess. Can they legally close the adoption at any point, or just break off contact? Would that be the same as closing it?

and ffs, Carly is not Cate and Tyler's kid. Bio-kid, yeah, but um. She has parents - not YOU, Cate and Ty. Get a clue.

• Love 6

The adoption was always closed. Open adoption is a myth. A gentleman’s agreement — not legal. Adoptive parents can agree to an ‘open’ adoption and then never make any sort of contact with the biological parents. 

Brandon and Theresa have made attempts to go no contact with Catelynn and Tyler. Each time C&T boo hoo hoo about Carly, their rabid fans violate B&T’s privacy and make contact with the family. 

If C&T honestly cared about Carly, they would certainly want to keep her safe and respect the boundaries set by her parents.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

The adoption was always closed. Open adoption is a myth. A gentleman’s agreement — not legal. Adoptive parents can agree to an ‘open’ adoption and then never make any sort of contact with the biological parents. 

Brandon and Theresa have made attempts to go no contact with Catelynn and Tyler. Each time C&T boo hoo hoo about Carly, their rabid fans violate B&T’s privacy and make contact with the family. 

If C&T honestly cared about Carly, they would certainly want to keep her safe and respect the boundaries set by her parents.

Wait - the FANS have doxxed B&T??? Holy good WHAT?!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cephalosapien said:

Wait - the FANS have doxxed B&T??? Holy good WHAT?!

Yeah, they have had random folks call Brandon at his job and accost them both in public (grocery stores, church, etc.) about giving C&T “their” kid back and other dumb shit. It’s not directly C&T’s fault, of course, but I always feel like public figures with rabid followings should strongly discourage and oppose this type of behavior. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Yeah, they have had random folks call Brandon at his job and accost them both in public (grocery stores, church, etc.) about giving C&T “their” kid back and other dumb shit. It’s not directly C&T’s fault, of course, but I always feel like public figures with rabid followings should strongly discourage and oppose this type of behavior. 

They could definitely discourage it if they wanted to. They can't control everyone, of course. But I bet a lot of the shennanigans that go on are due to their public, perpetual pouting about Carly. 

• Love 15
On 12/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, mamadrama said:

Honestly, I don't think any adoptive parent has to keep an adoption "open," no matter what was promised originally. They are the child' she parents, full stop and legally owe nothing to the bio parents.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Honestly, I don't think any adoptive parent has to keep an adoption "open," no matter what was promised originally. They are the child' she parents, full stop and legally owe nothing to the bio parents.

I agree, I actually just said this on Reddit... but there shouldn’t be any shame if one of the sides decides it doesn’t work, except over there someone kept arguing with me that it is always hard on the child to close an adoption and that they (B&T) should honor what they agreed to in the beginning... even though it was a troll who always argues with everyone it was making me so mad because it’s just ignorant to a) say something is “always” true and b) things change, there are unexpected circumstances and feelings involved... yes overall one should try their best to consider that and make an educated choice to begin with and stick with a commitment... but nobody should be forced to stay in an unhealthy dynamic simply because they agreed to from the start. (Sorry I just had to vent because obviously arguing my point there would have gotten me nowhere)

• Love 11

The most recent post is dated the 17th

#TierraReign @TierraReign

Dec 17

L O O K ! @tierrareign wanted to thank all of you for the support that has been shown, so we are RESTOCKING what was sold out! BUT this is the last bit of inventory of these handmade items. There is only one per size left, so get it before someone else does! #TierraReign ????

Perhaps he should consult Farah.

Here's a reply to that post

Meg Ryan @meggggryan Dec 17 Replying to @TierraReign

Will shipments arrive before Christmas?

• Love 1

Tyler thinks he's a lion?!?!

Delusions of grandeur. 

On 12/19/2017 at 5:11 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Leah Messer from TM2 can really relate to this new motto, too. (Granted, Cate and Tyler seem to give their passions a tad bit more of a "go" before switching to the next than Leah....which is saying something.) 

I totally agree. I have had this whole cycle play out myself a few times (I have chronic depression) in my life. 

Me too. Given the vices available, food often seems not as bad as many others (not necessarily true). I always gain weight during depressive episodes. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4