Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Wasn't it speculated that Kim and Tyler somewhat conspired to let Cate stay with them until the adoption was finalized? 

Was a conspiracy really necessary for that? April and Butch were garbage people on “16 & Pregnant”. The way they spoke to Catelynn was horrible. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Wasn't it speculated that Kim and Tyler somewhat conspired to let Cate stay with them until the adoption was finalized? 

7 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Was a conspiracy really necessary for that? April and Butch were garbage people on “16 & Pregnant”. The way they spoke to Catelynn was horrible. 

Yes but I think the general feeling was more like 'She can stay until that baby is gone for good.  Then she'll have to go, too.'

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

Yes but I think the general feeling was more like 'She can stay until that baby is gone for good.  Then she'll have to go, too.'

Wasn't there a break-up (one of many) where Tyler asked Kim to put Catelynn out of the house?

I wonder is Cate ever replays in her head the many times Tyler tried but was too chicken to cut his leg off to get away from her.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

I wonder is Cate ever replays in her head the many times Tyler tried but was too chicken to cut his leg off to get away from her.

I am sure she does. That is when her "depression" and "anxiety" acts up and she needs to go to rehab. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am sure she does. That is when her "depression" and "anxiety" acts up and she needs to go to rehab. 

It would sure depress the hell out of me.  Then it would piss me off to watch him and his fake ass theatrics over not being able to see Carly more.  One time, just ONE TIME I want her to tell him to STFU because he didn't even want Carly. Or her for that matter.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

It would sure depress the hell out of me.  Then it would piss me off to watch him and his fake ass theatrics over not being able to see Carly more.  One time, just ONE TIME I want her to tell him to STFU because he didn't even want Carly. Or her for that matter.

The next time those two are bitching about not seeing Carly, I'd like to remind them of the 3 year old child they've been ignoring and pawning off on relatives for oh, about the last 3 years.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

It is my wish as well. 

I think in Cate's own way she is telling him to STFU when she drags her ass to rehab. She is reminding him how she has gone through all of this for HIM and he better stay by her side. Cate is hung up on that fool. She doesn't want to be alone. 

2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

The next time those two are bitching about not seeing Carly, I'd like to remind them of the 3 year old child they've been ignoring and pawning off on relatives for oh, about the last 3 years.

Exactly. 

• Love 6

And now they are thinking about having another....now that nova is " at school"..HUH...put into daycare more like!  have another and stay on TV is what it seems like to me!  Tyler and Cait just don't go together as far as I can see. Sorry, don't really dislike them but in no way are they a family.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Wasn't there a break-up (one of many) where Tyler asked Kim to put Catelynn out of the house?

Or that the Teen Mom fame and money is the only reason he stuck around.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I don’t think that’s quite how it was. Kim and Tyler weren’t saints but Kim offering her home to Catelynn was genuine IMO.

After Carly was born Catelynn went home to April and Butch- they treated her like crap (April was also pretty drugged out and Nick who was a preschooler at the time went to live with his Dad). Kim subsequently offered her a place to stay for a few months. After that Tyler said that he felt smothered by Catelynn and wanted her out of the house. Kim told him they couldn’t just throw her out, but asked her if things were better at home would she be willing to go back to April’s. 

Given that Nick, who was the littlest left home at that time, yeah it was a fucked up situation. 

57 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Amen. Nova is RIGHT THERE, and all theirs, but they don’t  treasure her 10% much as they should. 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, MistyMeg said:

And now they are thinking about having another....now that nova is " at school"..HUH...put into daycare more like!  have another and stay on TV is what it seems like to me!  Tyler and Cait just don't go together as far as I can see. Sorry, don't really dislike them but in no way are they a family.

I do NOT think Cate wants another baby. At all. I think she entertains the idea for Tyler's sake, but I don't think she really enjoys being a mom. I do think she loves Nova, in her own way. But I don't think she actually LIKES being a mother. I think she wanted to parent Carly and gave her up because of pressure from Tyler. She's never gotten over that; and it's closed her off, mentally, from forming an attachment with another child. She has heaps of issues and I wish, just once, she'd make a long term commitment to serious therapy. 

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I remember there was a big to-do about her "cheating" on him....with her ex....while visiting FL. I use quotes, because I can't remember what it all entailed. I also am not sure how she had an "ex" when she and Tyler had been together since middle school. But I'm pretty sure they split up over that. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I remember there was a big to-do about her "cheating" on him....with her ex....while visiting FL. I use quotes, because I can't remember what it all entailed. I also am not sure how she had an "ex" when she and Tyler had been together since middle school. But I'm pretty sure they split up over that. 

I think it was that Catelynn had gone to Florida, met a boy there and cheated on Tyler. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I do NOT think Cate wants another baby. At all. I think she entertains the idea for Tyler's sake, but I don't think she really enjoys being a mom. I do think she loves Nova, in her own way. But I don't think she actually LIKES being a mother. I think she wanted to parent Carly and gave her up because of pressure from Tyler. She's never gotten over that; and it's closed her off, mentally, from forming an attachment with another child. She has heaps of issues and I wish, just once, she'd make a long term commitment to serious therapy. 

I kind of get that. After our son died, we purposefully tried for another baby (I pushed for it) but once I got pregnant I could NOT bond with the pregnancy at all. People kept telling me that it would "get better" once she was born, but it didn't. Although I cared for her and didn't neglect her, I felt no joy over the birth of my daughter or her infancy. She was around a year old before I really started feeling a connection with her. I later learned, through my child loss support group, that this is common with "rainbow babies." It's like your brain refuses to let you become attached or bond because you're subconsciously afraid of another loss. 

Man, Cate needs real therapy. I'd also like to see her get out of that toxic environment. It would be interesting to see her paired up with Farrah for awhile. Being with another woman who almost goes overboard with her appearance, someone who is active (Farrah has many faults but girlfriend still hustles and gets out there in the world), someone who has learned to say "no" to the people she considers toxic, someone who isn't afraid to remain single...I'm just wondering what the outcome would be if Cate was forced to live in Farrah's world for a month or two. (I mean, I'd probably eventually kill her myself...)

• Love 19

@mamadrama that’s actually an interesting concept. Having the Teen Mom girls live together for a few months with the kids. Security will be most definitely needed but not because of Farrah and Amber but because Amber will want to attack sanctimonious Maci.

Remember that stupid toast of Macis? “You know, they say if you’ve been friends for 10 years then you will be friends for a lifetime, well here’s to 9!” I’d like to see how she feels after living with these girls for a couple months.

Maci would run her mouth about Ambers dogs and cats stinking up the house with cat/dog shit and piss and how she sleeps all day with baby Glennon (James) screaming for a bottle as his mother yells out “shut the fuck up, I’M DONE!!! So depressed!!! I need sleep!!! 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 10

Catelynn clearly does not want another child...if she does get pregnant it's because she feels she is losing Tyler...he wants a boy so bad and I'm sure Cate is feeling the pressure.  This is a twisted situation...she had  Carly and gave her up to "keep Tyler"...and eventually she will get pregnant to "keep Tyler".  Tyler is soooo not worth it!

Edited by Caracoa1
Grammar
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That was yet ANOTHER break-up attempt.  And lets not forget the Marriage Bootcamp breakup or the New Orleans break- up when he had dreams of being a power bottom  movie star.

As soon as the red light goes off on the Teen Mom camera Tyler tries to bolt. Nova was conceived to make him stay put. The both of them resent Nova presence because she was not created from love but desperation.  Cate desperate for Tyler and Tyler desperate for an MTV check.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I wish the older seasons were still on Hulu. They seem to have been removed from the MTV site as well from what I can tell? 

Get a Fire Stick. They have them there. My daughter bought me one for Christmas and lo and behold there were all the seasons of TM. I watched some of the older episodes. 

Agree with the sentiments above that Catelynn only had Nova to keep Tyler and because Tyler was all gung ho about wanting a kid. Catelynn follows suit with whatever Tyler wants because if she doesn't, she fears he will leave. As @Brooklynista pointed out, there have been multiple times where Tyler was headed out the door and he did in fact leave out of state. That shit won't happen again as long as Cate knows how to put on the guilt trip with him.

Imagine if Cate had to actually pay for rehab? We know she wouldn't do it.  

@mamadramaI like that concept about the girls having to live with each other. Maci acts as if they are truly friends when she wouldn't dare want the likes of Amber around her children. Amber would only fit in with her if she was a drinker and partier, not someone who spent 99 percent of the time on a couch while popping pills. They are not really friends. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Catelynn clearly does not want another child...if she does get pregnant it's because she feels she is losing Tyler...he wants a boy so bad and I'm sure Cate is feeling the pressure.  This is a twisted situation...she had  Carly and gave her up to "keep Tyler"...and eventually she will pregnant to "keep Tyler".  Tyler is soooo not worth it!

Tyler is definitely not worth it but when you think about it, I’m sure Catelynn doesn’t feel her best right now. She’s very insecure and Tyler is all she has ever known. He’s a big part of her life and to leave him would be like venturing out to unknown territory. She’s scared.

All I know is, it doesn’t matter if you’re “soul mates” nobody should be tied down to someone they started dating at 12/13 years old. If you’re really soul mates then you will find your way back to each other when the time is right. 

Here’s my theory about what Catelynn is going through...

I married my high school sweetheart (started dating at 14), by the time I was 26 years old (a year older than Cate is now) I felt so friggin’ trapped, depressed because I couldn’t understand why I never wanted to be romantic with my husband or I wouldn’t get excited about anniversaries etc. I thought “I love my husband so much, he’s all I ever known, why am I feeling this way?” Well, I divorced him at 26.

By the time I was 28 I experienced for the very first time REAL ROMANCE (with my now husband). What a relationship is like when you start dating as an adult versus when you’re 14 is a whole new world.

At 14 our first dates were at carnivals and the movies. My 28 year old relationship involved weekend getaways at a ski resorts and hot sex afterwards by a fireplace and dinner...not rollerblading. Lol. We talked about our 401k and what investments we should make to better our future when my ex-husband and I mostly talked about our favorite video games and favorite choices at Taco Bell. The same topics from when we were 14.

I learned so much more about myself and found an interest in things I never knew about thanks to this new man who had tons of adult experiences to share with me. My marriage to my childhood “soul mate” I believe caused us to “stunt our growth” as we became too comfortable with each other and never learned new experiences.

I think Catelynn and Tyler are going through the same thing. Boredom. So to fix that they want to add another child to their dull lives instead of taking care of their underlying problem, to get a divorce.

What I’m getting at is, I believe Catelynn loves Tyler (vice versa), as true friends but not as romantic partners and they’re both feeling like they are missing out on true love and experiences because it’s unfamiliar territory. Tyler tried to venture out to New Orleans but got taken advantage of and went running back to safe and familiar Cate. Combine feeling stuck in a dull marriage with missing your child you gave up for adoption, Cates a serious mess and needs real help.

I think we would see a whole new Catelynn if she got to go on some dates with adult men that can show her romance and then maybe she will forget about boring, self obsessed Tyler. 

ETA: Their lives will be mind blown when they realize what Love relationships are waiting for them once they become more open to it. I can’t believe I almost risked missing out on marrying my now husband.

Thankfully I was brave to make the bold move. No regrets. I would have been still sitting on the couch with my ex-husband surfing through Pizza Hut coupons while watching “That 70’s show” in a crappy apartment instead of having the more evolved life I lead now.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 21
16 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@mamadramaI like that concept about the girls having to live with each other. Maci acts as if they are truly friends when she wouldn't dare want the likes of Amber around her children. Amber would only fit in with her if she was a drinker and partier, not someone who spent 99 percent of the time on a couch while popping pills. They are not really friends. 

Wife Swap, Teen Mom edition. 

• Love 10
On 12/23/2017 at 8:41 AM, Lm2162 said:

And no, Tyler, you didn't "give" them the right to be a parent. Lots of people have unprotected sex and unplanned pregnancies. You are not special for doing so.

Seriously!!! If not Carly, B&T would have eventually adopted another child as their first. Tyler is now acting like he somehow played god to these people, who at the time, were basically hand-selected by him and Cate and the decision seemed very mutual.

By simply existing as human beings, B&T already have the "right" to be a parent. Anyone on this earth has that right. Does that mean everyone should? Of course not, but Tyler saying that is ignorant and rude, and honestly, kind of dumb.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

This is the biggest disconnect to me. Nova clearly doesn't seem like she's thriving, so why would you continually wish you had another little girl around to not care for properly? If anything, they should be wishing B&T could take Nova in, too! We see Nova toddling around in diapers, dunking plastic horses' heads into a glass of water (oooh, how fun!), and going to daycare. Never once have we seen C&T take her to a children's museum, or a playground, or even a damn Chuck E Cheese. That kid is probably bored out of her mind.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I’m sure all of the above is due to editing.

?

Fair enough, well, the editors certainly aren't doing C&T any favors! Haha.

Maybe they should stop being annoyed at B&T and focus their energy on trying to get MTV to give them a better edit! Although I suppose if the money's good enough, who really gives a shit? Haha.

• Love 6

I'm no Tyler fan.... can't stand him or his arrogance...but.. I'm thinking he does have an affection for Cate as a friend.  He knows Cate is an emotional wreck and deeply in love with him...he may realize she may actually do something Stupid as attempt to take her life if he leaves her....he may not want that responsibility to weigh on his mind for the rest of his life....that would be an awful burden to carry for the rest of your life.  Is it possible something did go down between these two that made her have suicidal thoughts hence her 2nd trip to Rehab/Mental Facility?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

GTFO!

Cate had a New Year's resolution-to lose 180 pounds. 

6 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

This is the biggest disconnect to me. Nova clearly doesn't seem like she's thriving, so why would you continually wish you had another little girl around to not care for properly? If anything, they should be wishing B&T could take Nova in, too! We see Nova toddling around in diapers, dunking plastic horses' heads into a glass of water (oooh, how fun!), and going to daycare. Never once have we seen C&T take her to a children's museum, or a playground, or even a damn Chuck E Cheese. That kid is probably bored out of her mind.

You know, 70% of my life is spent basically just hanging out at the house. For instance, the kids and I haven't left the house all week. We've just been doing home stuff. But I can guarantee you that if a reality show was filming us, we'd be doing fun shit every single day to at least make it LOOK like we're more exciting than we are. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm no Tyler fan.... can't stand him or his arrogance...but.. I'm thinking he does have an affection for Cate as a friend.  He knows Cate is an emotional wreck and deeply in love with him...he may realize she may actually do something Stupid as attempt to take her life if he leaves her....he may not want that responsibility to weigh on his mind for the rest of his life....that would be an awful burden to carry for the rest of your life.  Is it possible something did go down between these two that made her have suicidal thoughts hence her 2nd trip to Rehab/Mental Facility?

I think she got involved with another resident at rehab — which is why she really went back. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think she got involved with another resident at rehab — which is why she really went back. 

If this really happened then FFS the show isn’t ever getting canceled. I’m even excited to watch that all play out. To officially see Tyler STFU in regards to Catelynn because her new man will shut his gap for him. ????

Edited by Calm81
Autocorrect messed up a word
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

If this really happened then FFS the show isn’t ever getting canceled. I’m even excited to watch that all play all. To officially see Tyler STFU in regards to Catelynn because her new man will shut his gap for him. ????

41 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

I follow some adoption-related websites and SM, and an article about Cate and Tyler's unusual open adoption popped up on one of those today. I'm surprised I haven't seen them referenced before! The contributor who wrote this article is an adoptee herself. https://adoption.com/please-dont-judge-open-adoption-based-on-teen-mom-og

From that article:

As an outsider, I find faults on both sides of Carly’s adoption.

I wish she had clarified what exactly, she found to be the fault of B&T. I asked her in the comments, but it links to Facebook and I deleted it. On the unlikely chance one of C&T's leghumpers read this article, I am not using my actual social media account to engage.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Cate had a New Year's resolution-to lose 180 pounds. 

51 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think you're being a bit generous. ;)

Yeah, I'd peg Tyler closer to 160 pounds.  ?

• Love 9

Is it really too much to hope that they're over? I hope so for Cate's well-being and the drama. The fact that she took him off her IG bio seems huge to me. Not huge for a normal, functioning couple, but for Cate to willingly take a step back from Tyler might actually be some progress. 

• Love 7

I bet they're calling it "a break" for now.  Or my personal wishful thinking is that Tyler is spending some time at treatment facility.  His ego might not want to admit that yet.  Either way, I think something clicked for Cate and she wants to be her own person with  her own thoughts and valid feelings.  Not just drowning in Tyler's and agreeing with him just to keep him there.  Cate has the upperhand now and he join or get off the ride.  I hope so anyway.  It would be the best for all of them and allow them to breathe easily again.  Together or not.

• Love 5

My Facebook page is really private so I posted your comment asking for clarification about what the author meant by their being fault on Brandon and Tyler’s side.  Not sure they’ll answer but the question is there. 

• Love 1