Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

They could definitely discourage it if they wanted to. They can't control everyone, of course. But I bet a lot of the shennanigans that go on are due to their public, perpetual pouting about Carly. 

Holy F. Did B&T mention this in an interview? Those poor parents. Jesus.

On 12/19/2017 at 0:58 AM, leighroda said:

I could barely get through it because honestly, these two might make me the angriest out of the whole TM universe.

I know Bethany is exploitative, but I watched some old episodes recently, and C&T very clearly expressed at the time that they knew Carly was not going to be their daughter anymore. They seemed a lot clearer about what a semi-open adoption meant at the time than they do now. They've regressed. I do believe that Cate was going along with it for Tyler's benefit, and that is on their "parents" (using that term lightly) as well, who offered no guidance at all. Out of the two of them, IMO, Tyler is definitely worse.

And no, Tyler, you didn't "give" them the right to be a parent. Lots of people have unprotected sex and unplanned pregnancies. You are not special for doing so.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well that WAS pretty darn witty!  Maybe Tyler does have a brain.  It's just buried in  Cates purse with his balls!

He got that from Game of Thrones.

@MissMel- I saw your post after I posted! 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6
On 12/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, ghoulina said:

They could definitely discourage it if they wanted to. They can't control everyone, of course. But I bet a lot of the shennanigans that go on are due to their public, perpetual pouting about Carly. 

And to add I think MTV bears equal responsibility since they seem to fan the flames and air the rantings of C & T about Carly.  Shame on them all.

I wonder if the adoptive parents have any regrets in adopting the baby of immature reality tv dumb bunnies.

Also does anybody happen to know if they adopted any other children?  Would be nice for Carly to have a little brother or sister.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MissMel said:

I'm not completely sure of the details but Brandon and Theresa have a son, as well.  I think Cate helped out connecting them with the birth mother and was there for the delivery of the boy.

Brandon-and-Teresa1.jpg

Thank you.  Is that young girl holding the little boy the birth mother?  If yes she looks preggers again. 

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you.  Is that young girl holding the little boy the birth mother?  If yes she looks preggers again. 

No problem.  I added a link to an article in my post.  Yes, she's the birth mother of the boy.

• Love 4

TeamFarrah on this one.  She has her issues, but she is only one who will amount to a hill of beans when the show is over.  She strikes me as being very shrewd with her money and the girl can hustle.  Even if her businesses aren't all entirely successful, she at least does what she says she is going to do. 

Shut up, Tyler.

• Love 15

He's such a douche.  "Look at meeeeeee!  I'm so brilliantly wonderful at wrapping a regular shaped box!  Now tell me how awesome I am!"  Sad thing is, they do.  Some of those comments are vomit worthy.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if the adoptive parents have any regrets in adopting the baby of immature reality tv dumb bunnies

Since B&T made ‘open’ adoption look good (early on), Bethany got them another healthy, white infant quickly. In exchange, they became Bethany’s poster family.  This is the magazine young, scared pregnant women read in the waiting room before their appointment with unethical Dawn.  Look, ‘open’ adoption is awesome!!!

brandon-and-teresa-teen-mom.jpg

When Tyler ran off to New Orleans while manic and in gay love, Bethany dropped C&T from their payrolls. They were no longer paid for speaking (recruiting) engagements — which worked out for C&T because that’s when MTV upped their pay significantly.  At this time, B&T wanted to raise their children in privacy, much to Tyler The Creator’s chagrin. 

Tyler is his son’s father. Butch disregarded and disrespected the limits and boundaries of the B&T’s request at the wedding. 

• Love 14
On 12/23/2017 at 6:21 AM, Lm2162 said:

Tyler thinks he's a lion?!?!

Delusions of grandeur. 

Me too. Given the vices available, food often seems not as bad as many others (not necessarily true). I always gain weight during depressive episodes. 

I'm the exact opposite. I'm underweight to begin with and when I go through a depression or I'm anxious or stressed about something, I can't eat. If I try to eat I gag on it so during those periods I lose even more weight.  I had finally broken 100 pounds and I was so happy about it, then I got bad news, went into a depression and I'm back down to 97 pounds. It sucks. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

Tyler posted a video of Nova. Cate is not home for the holiday. Interesting thing is, his post is actually all about him, oh wait........

tylerbaltierramtvThis is the first Christmas without Cate since I was 14...it’s a little disheartening, but then I get to see this little cutie open some presents & it instantly puts the spirit right back in me! Merry Christmas everyone! ??

• Love 7

I thought this was cute.  Still nothing about Cate but a bunch of questions about her in the comments.  It is odd he just says "without her" and not "while she's away" or decided she needed more time.  Especially after saying she would be coming home.

• Love 4

I just saw an article on twitter, I’m not sure about the accuracy (inquisitor) but it basically just said that Catelynn came home early but decided to return to finish the program, there was some speculation that she relapsed, but I personally don’t think it was relapse because I doubt she was recovered to begin with. I generally really don’t like Catelynn and Tyler, BUT if she went back to finish I can respect that they are not updating every detail, that was the part I found tacky initially, if she needs help I’m happy she got it, it was all the showboating about doing it that never sat well with me. It’s slightly annoying because it is uncharacteristic of them to go from sharing every detail to radio silent, so naturally I am curious, but I respect their privacy when it comes to getting help... ugh I hate defending them I’m off to ambers thread to continue snarking.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I just saw an article on twitter, I’m not sure about the accuracy (inquisitor) but it basically just said that Catelynn came home early but decided to return to finish the program, there was some speculation that she relapsed, but I personally don’t think it was relapse because I doubt she was recovered to begin with. I generally really don’t like Catelynn and Tyler, BUT if she went back to finish I can respect that they are not updating every detail, that was the part I found tacky initially, if she needs help I’m happy she got it, it was all the showboating about doing it that never sat well with me. It’s slightly annoying because it is uncharacteristic of them to go from sharing every detail to radio silent, so naturally I am curious, but I respect their privacy when it comes to getting help... ugh I hate defending them I’m off to ambers thread to continue snarking.

Thanks for the update. 

If she returned to treatment, wouldn’t Tyler brag about that too?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, leighroda said:

If this is true, I'd have to uncharacteristically defend them as well. I'm dubious about it, though. 

So in the awful People interview, this stuck out to me: 

"The older Carly gets, the more it impacts them,” Dawn said. “It’s not just ‘we’ll meet for one day and go to a park.’ For them, it’s the residual effects afterward, the questions that come. What is that impact on Carly?”

“The same thing that’s going to impact Nova when she’s older,” Catelynn said. “The same thing we have to do that they’re going to have to do. It’s just part of it. You’re gonna have to do it. So pull up your bootstraps and do it.”

Ok. So many things wrong with this. 1. It's not at all the same thing with Nova. Nova is with her birth parents. The only reason she has questions is because you've beaten it into your head that she has a sister she doesn't know. 

2. Carly likely has more questions now because yes, she's older and more mature, but she's also old enough to watch TV and have kids at school ask her why her "parents" are always crying about her on television and the internet. She's not 2 anymore and just meeting some random nice adults at the park. Kids her age have iPads and computers even if she doesn't, and they know who Catelynn and Tyler are. You know what would help this confusion? Getting the hell off of TV. Not giving millions of interviews.

3. It's not Brandon and Teresa's responsibility to worry about Nova or her questions. They didn't tell you to place Carly for adoption or to have another biological child later. Carly is their child and their responsibility. Nova is your child and your responsibility. Parenting either of those children is not a team effort between all 4 of you. 

4. "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and do it?" (Rephrasing it because I couldn't stand the incorrect use of the phrase.) Really? They know Carly. You really, really don't. They know what's best for her. If you don't like it, the proper response is "thank you for parenting the child we could not, and we hope we see you all again in the future." Demanding that some people who owe you precisely nothing give you access to a child who isn't yours, because you decided to have ANOTHER child, should never even enter your mind, much less cross your lips in a very public interview that they will undoubtedly read. 

And then Tyler saying he "doesn't care" about Brandon and Teresa? If you don't care about Carly's parents--her family, and the only parents she has ever known-- you don't deserve to see her, douchebag. He then goes on to say that he only wants a relationship with Carly, not them. K well she's a minor and THOSE ARE HER PARENTS. 

Also, they were allowed a visit this year, correct? Why on Earth are they jeopardizing that possibility in the future by giving ridiculous and offensive tell-all interviews? 

I can't with these entitled idiots. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 23
On 12/24/2017 at 0:55 PM, CofCinci said:

Since B&T made ‘open’ adoption look good (early on), Bethany got them another healthy, white infant quickly. In exchange, they became Bethany’s poster family.  This is the magazine young, scared pregnant women read in the waiting room before their appointment with unethical Dawn.  Look, ‘open’ adoption is awesome!!!

brandon-and-teresa-teen-mom.jpg

When Tyler ran off to New Orleans while manic and in gay love, Bethany dropped C&T from their payrolls. They were no longer paid for speaking (recruiting) engagements — which worked out for C&T because that’s when MTV upped their pay significantly.  At this time, B&T wanted to raise their children in privacy, much to Tyler The Creator’s chagrin. 

Tyler is his son’s father. Butch disregarded and disrespected the limits and boundaries of the B&T’s request at the wedding. 

When did I miss this? Tyler ran off with his supposed boyfriend to New Orleans??? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

If this is true, I'd have to uncharacteristically defend them as well. I'm dubious about it, though. 

So in the awful People interview, this stuck out to me: 

"The older Carly gets, the more it impacts them,” Dawn said. “It’s not just ‘we’ll meet for one day and go to a park.’ For them, it’s the residual effects afterward, the questions that come. What is that impact on Carly?”

“The same thing that’s going to impact Nova when she’s older,” Catelynn said. “The same thing we have to do that they’re going to have to do. It’s just part of it. You’re gonna have to do it. So pull up your bootstraps and do it.”

Ok. So many things wrong with this. 1. It's not at all the same thing with Nova. Nova is with her birth parents. The only reason she has questions is because you've beaten it into your head that she has a sister she doesn't know. 

2. Carly likely has more questions now because yes, she's older and more mature, but she's also old enough to watch TV and have kids at school ask her why her "parents" are always crying about her on television and the internet. She's not 2 anymore and just meeting some random nice adults at the park. Kids her age have iPads and computers even if she doesn't, and they know who Catelynn and Tyler are. You know what would help this confusion? Getting the hell off of TV. Not giving millions of interviews.

3. It's not Brandon and Teresa's responsibility to worry about Nova or her questions. They didn't tell you to place Carly for adoption or to have another biological child later. Carly is their child and their responsibility. Nova is your child and your responsibility. Parenting either of those children is not a team effort between all 4 of you. 

4. "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and do it?" (Rephrasing it because I couldn't stand the incorrect use of the phrase.) Really? They know Carly. You really, really don't. They know what's best for her. If you don't like it, the proper response is "thank you for parenting the child we could not, and we hope we see you all again in the future." Demanding that some people who owe you precisely nothing give you access to a child who isn't yours, because you decided to have ANOTHER child, should never even enter your mind, much less cross your lips in a very public interview that they will undoubtedly read. 

And then Tyler saying he "doesn't care" about Brandon and Teresa? If you don't care about Carly's parents--her family, and the only parents she has ever known-- you don't deserve to see her, douchebag. He then goes on to say that he only wants a relationship with Carly, not them. K well she's a minor and THOSE ARE HER PARENTS. 

Also, they were allowed a visit this year, correct? Why on Earth are they jeopardizing that possibility in the future by giving ridiculous and offensive tell-all interviews? 

I can't with these entitled idiots. 

Yesssss! I can’t with them implying that B&T are not handling Talking to Carly about adoption properly... I’m sure they have and will continue having conversations with Carly about her adoption and HER (carlys) feelings about it, not Catelynn and Tyler’s. 

You also bring up a good point, as far as Nova is concerned, Catelynn and Tyler are creating the issue by constantly enforcing that her and Carly are sisters. I get it, they are, and given the situation the fact that they are full sisters is unusual, but they NEED to drop it, for Nova’s sake. Here as adults I think it’s funny that Nova is referred to as “notcarly” but it’s sad that it’s literally true and just a matter of time before she really feels it (I’m sure she is starting to already I just mean old enough to actually say “I’m not Carly”)... but Nova doesn’t *have* to feel like that is what is frustrating to me, for example I’m a quintessential middle child, to some degree it was inevitable that I would feel some resentment, it doesn’t mean I truly was neglected or treated to feel that way, it’s just a natural feeling that most middle children feel at one time or another... so even if my parents had gone out of their way to make me not feel that way most likely at some point I would have... and while naturally Nova would likely have some feelings about Carly at some point, I feel like C&T exacerbate it by constantly talking about and lamenting about Carly. 

B&T owe C&T absolutely nothing at this point.

• Love 11

Poor little Nova. It's got to be so confusing to have a sister that you never see but your parents talk about constantly. I wonder if she'll turn Carly into an imaginary friend who gets blamed for broken cups and torn up toys. 

• Love 5
On 12/27/2017 at 0:31 PM, leighroda said:

“notcarly” but it’s sad that it’s literally true and just a matter of time before she really feels it (I’m sure she is starting to already I

I'm sure she already does.  She will never be enough, do enough, love enough for those two, especially Catelynn.  She will always be The Replacement.

It's heartbreaking.

• Love 5

I say there is bad blood between Tyler and Catelynn brewing. He didn’t post about her going back - in a grandiose manner. He didn’t post about picking her up. No Christmas tribute. 

I bet she hooked up in rehab. 

• Love 4

He apparently isn’t traveling to pick her up. I wonder if she traveled alone.

Tyler Baltierra @TylerBaltierra 2h

Throwbacks of me & my wife at 15 when the duck face was all the rage & I bought glasses that were too big for my peanut head lol! Seriously though, Cate comes home today & I can’t wait to just hug her for as long as I want. I am so incredibly proud of her & the work she has done!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I say there is bad blood between Tyler and Catelynn brewing. He didn’t post about her going back - in a grandiose manner. He didn’t post about picking her up. No Christmas tribute. 

I bet she hooked up in rehab. 

Dare we hope that it’s legit therapy that might be addressing her co-dependent ways and therefore she’s setting some boundaries? 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO it's a great sign if they aren't posting about their personal business.

I totally agree.  It's just so uncharacteristic of them, though, that it has me wondering what really is going on.

• Love 7