Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

"love you"..

What Carly really means:

"Love you for giving me away to two people who love me unconditionally and are parents in every sense of the word."

"Most precious thing ever"

What Catelynn really means:

"Most precious thing ever to have come from my favorite daughter." 

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yes, give your wife, who has no self-esteem, cosmetics formulated specifically in shades for darker skinned women (as mainstream brands leave them out). What a great Christmas gift. 

Fenty has shades for lighter skin skin tones and even has a shade for someone with albinism. With that being said, unless keeping up with her daily appearance is part of her treatment plan, I think it's safe to say that make up is going to sit there.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

unless keeping up with her daily appearance is part of her treatment plan

I really hope it is.  It would be a good step for her.  Not two hours of glam every day but a shower and some shampoo and maybe some tinted moisturizer would be a good habit to get into for her to start her day.  I really hope extending her stay means she's looking at things a little differently now.  (and maybe that's why Tyler isn't saying too much)

• Love 11
9 hours ago, monicageller said:

Catelynn, you have the money for a breast reduction. It hurts my boobs to look at hers.

She buys a horse but can't afford a decent bra. It looks like she's just wearing 3 layers of tank tops. 

• Love 9

Picked just one comment to post

"Honestly Brandon and Teresa are so damn ungrateful. Do they forget they wouldn't have Carly without Cait and Tyler? They knew damn well they had no intention of going through with the agreement found a loophole and took advantage of two very young, very confused parents. B&T are evil. And I hope Carly goes back rewatches everything and cuts them completely out of her life when shes old enough."

That shit has 116 likes, so far. Are we the crazy ones ?????

In that video, Cate doesnt sound so great. It's a video of a room, no child, she doesn't say "we", she says "I", and the remark about setting up for a birthday instead of being out partying, was one of her woe is me moments.

Nothing from Tyler yet about Nova's birthday at all.

• Love 18

I hope Caitlyn and Tyler passed each other in the airport, handed off Nova, and Tyler got onto a flight to rehab for himself.  He needs it and maybe that's why he's so quiet right now.  I say this because I hope Cait got enough out of her stay to realize they have been in a fog lately that has consumed them and she convinced him to go to see more clearly, as well.  I hope so anyway.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, monicageller said:

Catelynn, you have the money for a breast reduction. It hurts my boobs to look at hers.

Cate would likely have to lose weight. I was told to lose 20 pounds before I had surgery when I went in for a consultation about breast reduction. She is not going to give up eating her 7 pound quesadillas and mountain of junk food. 

19 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

With that being said, unless keeping up with her daily appearance is part of her treatment plan, I think it's safe to say that make up is going to sit there.

I agree.

Tyler is screaming with that gift that he wants Catelynn to make herself up to look better in his eyes. Cate should have gifted him a treadmill or a diet book. Let's see how he would have felt. 

• Love 9

This is purely a fantasy of mine for this very moment (obviously I don’t fantasize about these fools lives ...Just putting that out there ?) but wouldn’t it be cool if Catelynne really did go into rehab looking to get clean and change her lifestyle to the point where she takes on the “all or nothing” mentality?

That would totally shake things up in the Crunchwrap supreme household since Tyler loves himself some laced brownies and liquor.

The new lifestyle change would bring with it some healthy weight loss which will result in some gym time motivation to where Catelynne starts feeling good about herself again (she can’t fool nobody in believing she’s got her fairytale life with Tyler being that unhealthy) and getting in shape and paying more attention to her clothing style and ditch the Aunt Bee look she’s been sporting for a few years.

Next up in Catelynnes pursuit of happiness will be a visit to a consultant with a surgeon for breast reduction, unless of course her weight loss reduces her bra size to ease her some back pain in the future...then she will look even more proportional and healthy and able to move around more with Nova.

Catelynn then goes and gets a brand new hairstyle even maybe doing her original “Kate plus 8” hairstyle from season 1 but giving it a 2018 twist - that’s when we will have our old sweet Catelynne back (or the Catelynne that at least pretended to be sweet) because I’m so over the bitchy potty mouth catelynn we’ve been watching the last few years with the annoying mouth wide open cackle that always makes her look stupid because nobody is Ever laughing with her.

Once the inner and outer side of Catelynne is done finishing up its positive transformation she can begin working on developing a trade - re: not passion project!  A real world motherfucking trade!!! Like maybe becoming a professional horse groomer or learns to be a trainer ...I don’t know much about working with horses/animals to give real job options that don’t need four year degrees etc. excuse my ignorance.

With the new trade and appearance revamping inside and out Catelynne could then strengthen her relationship with Nova because I feel like she couldn’t be a good mom until she fixed herself. I can tell she loves Nova but has zero motivation to be a mom the way that Nova needs her to be.

Drum roll please. Then she dumps Tyler.

Or...since I hate to see a child in a broken home, she can begin telling Tyler about all his flaws since he was so kind and vocal about HERS and makes him get healthy, too, or else his meal ticket is putting him on food stamps.

Thats what I want for Catelynne in 2018. Or at least have it begin this year as most of that will take some time.

I don’t like Carelynne at all but if she makes a fraction of these changes my sympathy for her may linger on her side.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Yes, give your wife, who has no self-esteem, cosmetics formulated specifically in shades for darker skinned women (as mainstream brands leave them out). What a great Christmas gift. 

Fenty is made for every skin color. But I doubt Catelynn will wear any. Def wasted on her!!

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7

Did anyone else watch the Teen Mom- that's a wrap new years  episode? The MTV website is being funky, so I've only been able to see a few minutes. Catelynn and Tyler are in the opening segment. First, Tyler is yelling randomly about where the beer is, then they cut to the other Teen Moms. They show Jenelle in St. Thomas, Kailyn vacationing on some tropical island with her kids, Aubree is in Florida, and Leah took her kids to some theme park. Then Catelynn and Tyler are playing beer pong, and they have a staged conversation where Briana from Teen Mom 2 is asking them about having another kid. Then there's a scene where Maci and Catelynn are talking to a psychic (bc that worked so well for Amber), and Catelynn's asking the psychic if she can conceive a boy. She clearly hasn't learned anything from her rehab stay, although her hair is an interesting purple and she is wearing darker lipstick. So her look is definitely different but actions seem about the same.

EDIT In fairness to Catelynn, this was apparently filmed prior to her rehab visit so it's impossible to say if she took her inpatient experience seriously

Edited by meredithalmighty
read episode thread
  • Love 1

Hmmmm...a supposedly straight man giving his wife a box full of cosmetics as a gift?  Maybe I am old and being a stereotypical bitch, but...

And who wants to bet that all of that makeup was comped to them?  I will bet that Vile-ler didn't have to pay a cent for any of it.

I've seen corporate birthday parties in cubicles and conference rooms with more thought and decorations than poor little Nova's celebration.

• Love 4

Are these two uneducated, entitled morons capable of viewing adoption from another point of view?  They just automatically assume that Carly loves them and misses them and that she is pleading with Brandon and Theresa for a visit with the Baltierra Family.  Carly is being raised by an upper middle class family with morals and values....her questions are more like....."Why do we have to see these people?"  "Mommy......I won't have to go live with them...will I?"  Carly has probably had nightmares about these two idiots!

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

"Why do we have to see these people?"  "Mommy......I won't have to go live with them...will I?"  Carly has probably had nightmares about these two idiots!

THIS!  If they won't close it for Catelyn's sake, they should close it for their little girl!  Can you imagine the garbage Tyler tries to get away with during one of their visits?  Like father, like son.  After what Butch pulled at the wedding, none of them would have ever laid eyes on Carly again (although I do admit feeling sorry for Butch, actually, because at least biologically speaking, that IS his little granddaughter and seeing her must have hurt).

• Love 3

In 2018 I want for Cate to wash the tears from her face, wash her hair, look in the mirror and acknowledge that she gave up a baby to love  man that cannot stand her.

Once she accepts that she may be able to let go and let Carly go.

• Love 17

I actually think the makeup is sort of a nice present if Cate expressed interest in getting herself looking and feeling better. 

If that rehab didn’t get through to her this time that pot is killing her, nothing ever will. It’s just not a drug that she can handle. Cate thinks she’s relaxing, but she’s really sinking into a depressive hole as soon as she lights up. Not all people are happy drinkers or smokers.

I think the best think for them would be a move. The parents are toxic and enabling, and their old friends like to come over and light up (not to mention friggin Dawn!). It doesn’t have to be California ($$$), but while they’re making so much money, why not a warm, not too expensive area?  Hey, and Arizona is convenient for Cate’s regular rehab trips. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 6

At this point, I think closing the adoption will just send Cate further into a depressive hole.  I can see her spending the next 10 + years constantly dwelling on what she could have done to prevent the adoption from closing. I can see her blaming Tyler to some degree and that giving him the perfect out he's been looking for.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I actually think the makeup is sort of a nice present if Cate expressed interest in getting herself looking and feeling better. 

Cate's probs a big RiRi fan.

My mister works in retail, and he knows what high-end makeup products are, and new stuff that comes out, so he surprises me every once in a blue!  I love his job!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

In 2018 I want for Cate to wash the tears from her face, wash her hair, look in the mirror and acknowledge that she gave up a baby to love  man that cannot stand her.

Once she accepts that she may be able to let go and let Carly go.

This is totally my wish for Catelynn as well. I also hope she ditches Tyler but they figure out a way to co-parent successfully. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, alexa said:

Well and a 3 yo commonly says many words so it is not a huge achievement. Lol

Unless she was delayed in her speech. My youngest was pretty delayed with hers. I had her evaluated by a speech therapist at 3 and they said she was in the "normal" range, so they didn't recommend services, but she was on the very low end of normal. She finally started catching up between 4 and 5 and I was definitely majorly excited about it! She's on the spectrum, but high functioning, and dumb little things that most parents wouldn't get jazzed about (especially for a youngest child) make me all kinds of happy. 

When we've heard Nova on the show, she hasn't struck me as overly verbal. So maybe that's why Cate chose to focus on that. Then again, Cate doesn't seem like the type to care much about verbal acuity. "You're talking all kinds of words" = case in point. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

When we've heard Nova on the show, she hasn't struck me as overly verbal. So maybe that's why Cate chose to focus on that. Then again, Cate doesn't seem like the type to care much about verbal acuity. "You're talking all kinds of words" = case in point. 

do we think she's not overly verbal b/c they don't really talk to her?  they kind of respond when she talks, but you don't hear the boring narration-of-minutae that most of us do with their three-year-olds "okay, it's time for lunch!  look at the carrots, they're orange!  and over here you HAVE an orange!"  (LOL I'm so strange I guess!!!)

• Love 15
2 hours ago, teapot said:

you don't hear the boring narration-of-minutae that most of us do with their three-year-olds "okay, it's time for lunch!  look at the carrots, they're orange!  and over here you HAVE an orange!"  (LOL I'm so strange I guess!!!)

Not strange! This is how normal; engaged parents talk to children. I really miss mine being little! Sniff.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, teapot said:

do we think she's not overly verbal b/c they don't really talk to her?  they kind of respond when she talks, but you don't hear the boring narration-of-minutae that most of us do with their three-year-olds "okay, it's time for lunch!  look at the carrots, they're orange!  and over here you HAVE an orange!"  (LOL I'm so strange I guess!!!)

It wouldn't surprise me. Nova is probably sent out to play with the chickens a lot. I just don't really see much attachment there. I doubt they talk to her like most parents do. And she would pick up all of their horrible grammar habits as well. 

• Love 12

Brandon and Theresa legally adopted Carly....it is not their responsibility to manage or even care about Catelynn's depression.  Cate needs to stop guilt tripping them and get her shit together...admit to herself she gave Carly up to keep Tyler....and that asshat....he pressured her to give up Carly or else he would break up with her.....he probably was planning on dumping her after the adoption was legal but then MTV came along and they hit the jackpot.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Unless she was delayed in her speech. My youngest was pretty delayed with hers. I had her evaluated by a speech therapist at 3 and they said she was in the "normal" range, so they didn't recommend services, but she was on the very low end of normal. She finally started catching up between 4 and 5 and I was definitely majorly excited about it! She's on the spectrum, but high functioning, and dumb little things that most parents wouldn't get jazzed about (especially for a youngest child) make me all kinds of happy. 

I totally understand the excitement for sure!  I admittedly was picking on C and T a bit. ?

3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Brandon and Theresa legally adopted Carly....it is not their responsibility to manage or even care about Catelynn's depression.  Cate needs to stop guilt tripping them and get her shit together...admit to herself she gave Carly up to keep Tyler....and that asshat....he pressured her to give up Carly or else he would break up with her.....he probably was planning on dumping her after the adoption was legal but then MTV came along and they hit the jackpot.

This is what I think too, and I think it’s one of the reasons Kim acts the way she does towards Catelynn. It’s resentment. This was a girl Tyler brought home from fucking middle school. It was a relationship that should have been over years ago. Instead, she ended up basically having to parent both Cate and Tyler. The financial and emotional burden was squarely on her shoulders. I don’t know that Cate and Tyler have ever realized that and thanked her properly for it. Obviously she has made mistakes and done stuff I disagreed with, but damn that situation must have been extremely stressful to navigate.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

This is what I think too, and I think it’s one of the reasons Kim acts the way she does towards Catelynn. It’s resentment. This was a girl Tyler brought home from fucking middle school. It was a relationship that should have been over years ago. Instead, she ended up basically having to parent both Cate and Tyler. The financial and emotional burden was squarely on her shoulders. I don’t know that Cate and Tyler have ever realized that and thanked her properly for it. Obviously she has made mistakes and done stuff I disagreed with, but damn that situation must have been extremely stressful to navigate.

I do think Cate has properly thanked Kim for taking her in etc when April was drugged out. I recall that Catelynn has stated (on camera) that she had no where to go when April was at her worst and she was thankful for Kim and Tyler. I don’t think Kim is an awful person, she is bias towards Tyler but that’s her son so DUH that happens.  In regards to teenage Catelynn, (adult Catelynn is another story), Kim saw a young girl with NO adult support, who was kind to her son and concerned about her little brother’s welfare. Catelynn did NOT deserve April as a mother and Kim took pity on her for not even having the bare minimum regarding an emotional safety net. (Butch was awful but Kim was present for her kids). Her line in the sand was another baby (at the time she had her daughter’s child in her home- not that I blame her for that line), but she did what she could to help Cate. I’ve always seen Catelynn treat her with respect even though Catelynn has done some shady things in other areas of her life. 

Edited to Add-Further more- it makes sense why Catelynn was so desperate to hang onto Tyler. He and his Mom were ALL she had besides her younger siblings. That’s it- had she kept Carly (ignoring the adoption was best for Carly) she would have a tiny dependent being on her hands and NO emotional, financial or physical support for herself. The affection and practical assistance she got from Kim was conditional on Tyler wanting her. That’s gotta to sting especially for a teen girl with NO PARENTS (or even local  grandparents) to love her unconditionally. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Nova is probably sent out to play with the chickens a lot. I just don't really see much attachment there. I doubt they talk to her like most parents do. And she would pick up all of their horrible grammar habits as well. 

I feel the same way. Nova is being babysat either by addicts or animals. Sometimes both.

Nova is ignored by her parents because they are both so busy on their phones. If Cate is not on the phone, she is binge-watching tv shows or taking an 8 hour nap. When Cate is talking to Nova, she has her fingers in her mouth, chewing on her nails and poor Nova can't understand a thing she says. She just hears mumbling.

• Love 6