Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

On 3/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:
On 3/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, MakingBacon said:

It’s likely something called Perdue University Global. It’s an online program and everyone is accepted. It’s not the regular university. I read about it on another website. It’s like when actors say they got a Harvard degree and you find out they went to a three week certificate program anyone with $25k can attend. 

Like Tyra Banks' Harvard Business School "degree" that was actually a nine week certificate program! 😄

Nah.  The Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis offered by Purdue Global is a "real" bachelor's degree, that takes four years to finish.  Purdue Global's website says, "Now you can earn a degree from an accredited online university that is part of the respected Purdue University system." 

Purdue University bought the for-profit, online Kaplan University a couple of years ago, and renamed it Purdue Global.  It's online only, and has an open admissions policy, which makes Amber's "I just got accepted" a little much.  (Not unlike Kristina posting about Gary being "sworn into duty as a police officer," that "his dream, hard work, and dedication became a reality."  A lot of people interpreted that as his having graduated from the police academy.)

On 3/6/2021 at 10:41 AM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I wonder if she really believes she was accepted to the regular university? 

I wonder that, too.  Especially right now, so many "regular" colleges are doing online classes; is it possible she doesn't know the difference?

I also wonder if this is where Kristina is going to nursing school.  There's a photo of her wearing scrubs, , which wouldn't be necessary for sitting in front of your computer.  But surely online programs requires some in-person training/activities in order to receive a nursing degree.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Getting admitted is the easy part.  Amber has neither the intellectual capacity nor the stamina to do college-level work for four years.  Have we ever seen a book...or even a magazine...in her house? Once she's discovered what she's gotten herself into, she'll bail.  What do you think her excuse will be?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, dariafan said:

She’s been accepted to Purdue University. Plans to study Psychology....

Nope.  Look upthread a few posts, about Purdue Global. 

I had to make some inferences, but I'd bet my life she did not apply to Purdue University and get accepted. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Big props to her brother for calling her out for basically being a sloth and a absent parent to Leah for most of her life. Also, I think that Gary is a bigger person than I would be at this point. There's no way I'd encourage Leah to spend time with Amber especially when Leah has made it clear it's a hard no right now. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, geauxaway said:

She’s too famous.  The same reason she couldn’t go to AA or NA o whatever it was.

That would be hilarious since she's allegedly going to be taking all of her classes online.  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Anyone listen to her rant? 

She really has some gall. Sure Gary and Kristina aren't perfect. But they have been raising her daughter and are never too busy or too sick or too whatever to tend to Leah. This woman really needs a dose of reality on raising a child. She is just so gross and cannot handle the truth. What is she going to do when her professors tell her that her paper sucks, go on Instagram and bitch and whine. Seriously grow up and quit acting like a titty baby. Her daughter is seeing her for what she is and she can't handle it. Amber has had plenty of time to get her shit together and get off the couch and be an active parent. But she chooses to lay around, get high, and stay up all night. Amber has never had to fully do all the parenting and should be more appreciative of what Gary and Kristina are doing. 

She's just gross with how she acts.

• Love 13
On 3/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Nope.  Look upthread a few posts, about Purdue Global. 

I had to make some inferences, but I'd bet my life she did not apply to Purdue University and get accepted. 

As a proud Boilermaker with more than a few friends who had their in state kids waitlisted who were mostly A students with good test scores, I also assert that this is not the real Purdue University, but Global.

And this is why alumni feared Purdue University Global would cheapen the brand.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

And this is why alumni feared Purdue University Global would cheapen the brand.....

Aah, I speculated about that in an episode thread.  I would be horrified if Amber were making believable claims to being admitted to my alma mater.  My condolences.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

As a proud Boilermaker with more than a few friends who had their in state kids waitlisted who were mostly A students with good test scores, I also assert that this is not the real Purdue University, but Global.

Thanks for the clarification!   I read the article in an online magazine ( should have given that up for Lent) and as usual they just went with what she said and no research on their part   

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 3:16 PM, MargeGunderson said:

How dirty is her house that she had to go to a hotel for a couple of days while it gets cleaned?

Hahaha no kidding!!!  First, she lives alone right?   Second, it's a tiny house. Maybe she had some sort of infestation?  I can't think of a single reason someone would need to go to a hotel while their house was being cleaned.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
On 4/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, dariafan said:

Grrrrr. Me and text boxes. Just want to throw my 2 cents in re Amber and Purdue. Proud Boiler Alum,  but 4 yr in person learning isn't for everyone, especially someone like Amber. If she completes a degree program or even a few classes, I applaud her. That being said, Amber, you are so f****** lucky Leah has Christina and Gary.  So just shut up. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

593BC237-C582-4A2B-B127-FAF611497520.jpeg

41F6444B-A639-4564-8379-83205715846D.jpeg

BEFB149F-C555-4554-86BA-35FC65F4099B.jpeg

E6CE3D59-1081-45D4-8F27-C1AA462B7213.jpeg

Wow, Amber ordered some Easter stuff for James online (at best) or got someone else to do it. Apparently, she didn't get Leah any type of Easter gift since Leah is in the doghouse with her, but at least Amber posted a cute picture of them. Mom of the Year!

• Love 5

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/teen-mom-amber-portwood-trolled-about-her-son-goes-off-on-kristina-shirley/

Amber needs to quit it already.  Going off about something and someone else and then what if Leah sees it, is not going to make things any better for herself. Why can't she just shut up and quit all the hate. Sounds like to me that Amber is jealous of the relationship that Leah and Kristina has. And Kristina doesn't lay around in bed and on couches, not cook and not clean and beat up on Gary. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/teen-mom-amber-portwood-trolled-about-her-son-goes-off-on-kristina-shirley/

Amber needs to quit it already.  Going off about something and someone else and then what if Leah sees it, is not going to make things any better for herself. Why can't she just shut up and quit all the hate. Sounds like to me that Amber is jealous of the relationship that Leah and Kristina has. And Kristina doesn't lay around in bed and on couches, not cook and not clean and beat up on Gary. 

Telling quotes:

“She should be ashamed to even act like she’s such a great mother. SHE HAS NO PICTURES OF HER OWN DAUGHTER ON HER INSTAGRAM.. Honestly it’s sad.”

How SHOCKING that Amber equates having pictures of your kid on IG with being a great mother. There just are no words.

An insider gave some insight as to why Leah doesn’t want to see her mom, claiming someone at Leah’s school showed her clips of Amber physically assaulting Gary.

Wow, how SHOCKING that Leah's seeing Amber's old (and probably new) MTV footage! I hope that the person or persons who showed her the footage are being held fully responsible. How many ways and how many times will Amber be victimized?!?!

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

“She should be ashamed to even act like she’s such a great mother. SHE HAS NO PICTURES OF HER OWN DAUGHTER ON HER INSTAGRAM.. Honestly it’s sad.”

Because she actually follows an agreement she made? 🤦‍♀️

• Love 7

Amber will never learn. Her relationship with Leah is due to her bad decisions regarding Leah. Leah would have gotten over Amber's treatment of Gary if Amber had a halfway decent relationship with Leah. Knowing Leah is upset with her and her lack of mothering, what does Amber do?  Doubles down on the people who have actually been parenting Leah and to whom she gives her loyalty.

Refresh my memory - didn't Amber buy that house because it was in a fancy community even though it was far from Leah? I can tell you if I was divorced, I'd like to think I would choose to live close to my young child instead of some fancy neighborhood to prove to the hater that I'd "made it."

• Love 10
On 4/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, TheRealT said:

Wow, Amber ordered some Easter stuff for James online (at best)

Easter bucket.  Are baskets this year's toilet paper?  And maybe we were just weird, but Easter for us was a basket of candy, and a box of Millionaires when we got older.  Not underwear and goldfish crackers.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Easter bucket.  Are baskets this year's toilet paper?  And maybe we were just weird, but Easter for us was a basket of candy, and a box of Millionaires when we got older.  Not underwear and goldfish crackers.

We always had a basket lined with plastic grass, with candy and maybe a small toy.

• Love 6

I stopped watching this show years ago (but enjoy my occasional check in).

The answer is apparently Leah. As in the first child to call out one of these bitches out on their BS. I for one am not surprised. My other one was Jace. But apparently he’s too busy trying to set fire to Barb’s house. No shock there either.

• Love 9
On 4/13/2021 at 9:25 PM, Brooklynista said:

She's home all day. She can't make a cup of coffee?

She also can't be bothered to find a REAL local joint for coffee.  Cuz....Yolk's a chain, Amber, you absolute fucking idiot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FA42243A-A553-4F47-9BDA-D7F6A053B422.jpeg

Maybe it's mean, but I feel the need to reiterate how I DON'T BELIEVE FOR A SECOND that Amber is doing anything substantive to "pursue her education." At all. I doubt that Amber even tuned in for online lectures, but if she did, I 100% don't believe for ONE SECOND that she took a single note. As if!!! I'm not even sure what a picture of a notebook is supposed to prove. It would be hilarious if people with knowledge of her reading lists posted questions about the readings asking for her answers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Maybe it's mean, but I feel the need to reiterate how I DON'T BELIEVE FOR A SECOND that Amber is doing anything substantive to "pursue her education." At all. I doubt that Amber even tuned in for online lectures, but if she did, I 100% don't believe for ONE SECOND that she took a single note. As if!!! I'm not even sure what a picture of a notebook is supposed to prove. It would be hilarious if people with knowledge of her reading lists posted questions about the readings asking for her answers.

How can you think this is inauthentic?! 🤣 Look at the stupid pens with the cheesy quotes, arranged so that said quotes are perfectly in view. There is probably a "Get it Girl" (gag) mug just offscreen....oh, no wait. A "Damn Good Mom" mug, more likely. And is that really the name of a class she is taking, or just her general field of "study"? I'd enjoy an Instagram rant from her in the near future so that she can explain. 

How long before there is a picture of her lying on her couch in a Purdue sweatshirt?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4