Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t like her, but how does stating a sexual preference take away from her child?

My point and @Jeanne222 I believe is not that sexual preference takes away from her ability to mother,   but she needs to not drain away attention and energy and focus from that issue of being a mother and having a relationship with her daughter. if she has a strained relationship with her daughter  and she obviously finds life very taxing........as she hasn't worked in forever and still just semi reclines on the sofa or bed all day long (sorry but tis true)-------she should  be just channeling her energy and focus on bettering her relationship with her daughter. She can do whatever she likes, but this is a distraction and maybe she thinks it's insurance for her to be relevant and have a "story line".

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

My point and @Jeanne222 I believe is not that sexual preference takes away from her ability to mother,   but she needs to not drain away attention and energy and focus from that issue of being a mother and having a relationship with her daughter. if she has a strained relationship with her daughter  and she obviously finds life very taxing........as she hasn't worked in forever and still just semi reclines on the sofa or bed all day long (sorry but tis true)-------she should  be just channeling her energy and focus on bettering her relationship with her daughter. She can do whatever she likes, but this is a distraction and maybe she thinks it's insurance for her to be relevant and have a "story line".

Then I guess all of the other moms and dads who date and get married are really distracted and channeling their energy on people other than their kids 🤷‍♀️

17 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Exactly. The issue was reestablishing a relation ship with her daughter. 

Not who she dates, what cocktail she prefers or where she’s going on vacation should have been brought up during this time!

The focus should be only on Leah!

• Love 3

There’s a link to the video, which was posted on Sunday,  in the article, and I assume it was much longer:

Teen Mom’s Amber Portwood sparks concern with Mental Health Day live video

https://hiddenremote.com/2021/10/11/amber-portwood-sparks-concern-mental-health-day-live-teen-mom/?utm_source=relicagency&utm_medium=Partner&utm_campaign=relicagency&trs_id=relicagency&a_aid=47036

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2021 at 6:10 AM, ginger90 said:

Found the video:

Damn, can't wait for Leah to hear and see this. Like calm down.  Holy hell! Poor Leah. See this is the real Amber. The one that is on Teen Mom on her best behavior (yeah it's a stretch) this is the real Amber right here. 

Are her pupils as big as her eyes or what? 

No one is making fun of anyone with mental health. She is sitting there saying all this but her rage issues still are not being addressed. She still can't handle one thing being said or written without going off. Like calm down. See everyone gets on her nerves, she said it in thr video. That's her problem she can't handle anything that anyone says if it is judgemental. How is she going to get through life.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 5
On 10/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, Cinnabon said:

Then I guess all of the other moms and dads who date and get married are really distracted and channeling their energy on people other than their kids 🤷‍♀️

Yes … if their relationship with their kid is so shitty that they have no relationship with them. Ryan had no business dating when he could not manage his relationship with Bentley. 

Amber is courting attention with this to take heat off of her lack of a relationship with her kids. So transparent. 

Eta: I am just catching up and that video from Amber … she is such a narcissist and Leah sees right through it. The tearful, cloying (she is my world shit) behavior trying to manipulate her only drives Leah away. I do not think they will EVER have a normal relationship. Leah is over her. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 5

So, let me get this straight, she's arguing with captions???

Edited to add:  It's creepy to see anonymous posters saying whatever just to get her riled up because it's so easy, all for their own personal entertainment.  I'll say it again:  Creepy.

And, I wonder if any of her "four psychiatrists" have suggested that she STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA???????

Edited by suzeecat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m sure some of the comments will be deleted, when she has time.

Here are 2:

A418FAA7-55D3-4E5E-946C-B8C4A396E3A8.jpeg

Those posters pretty much get the theme of Ambers new clothing line!

Where do companies come up with this junk and sell the idea to Class D reality … I can’t say stars…I just can’t!  Class D people!

• Love 5

Wait, what? Are these items real? Is she serious? Please advise. I would rather wear a Live Love Laugh shirt and that isn't something I'd be caught dead in, so that is saying a lot. Portwood"AF"? How low class can you get? I loathe the AF trend anyway but how is being PortwoodAF a good thing? Oh, I am just so confused. LOL

Just for the record, I do not want my ass Portwooded. Thanks anyway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, AhFillAck said:

Wait, what? Are these items real? Is she serious? Please advise. I would rather wear a Live Love Laugh shirt and that isn't something I'd be caught dead in, so that is saying a lot. Portwood"AF"? How low class can you get? I loathe the AF trend anyway but how is being PortwoodAF a good thing? Oh, I am just so confused. LOL

Just for the record, I do not want my ass Portwooded. Thanks anyway. 

Thank you! Fully agree about the annoying, classless, played out “AF.” I am so sick of it.

• Love 7

I see that's the real reason she got her hair and makeup done. Who in the heck would buy that sweatshirt with a machete on it? 

So she thinks it's all fun and games that she lost her mind that night and went after her live in while he held her kid then hacked at the door with the machete and then 2 years later makes a sweatshirt about it? If that had been Andrew who had done that to her then made a sweatshirt she would have been going off about it and so would a lot of other people. So is the next shirt going to be a picture of her hand smacking someone upside the head and says don't make me portwood you? This sweatshirt is wrong and it's almost like she's downplaying her dv episode with him. Not cool.

She really has no self awareness about anything that she's done. When this show ends she is in for a rude awakening.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I see that's the real reason she got her hair and makeup done. Who in the heck would buy that sweatshirt with a machete on it? 

So she thinks it's all fun and games that she lost her mind that night and went after her live in while he held her kid then hacked at the door with the machete and then 2 years later makes a sweatshirt about it? If that had been Andrew who had done that to her then made a sweatshirt she would have been going off about it and so would a lot of other people. So is the next shirt going to be a picture of her hand smacking someone upside the head and says don't make me portwood you? This sweatshirt is wrong and it's almost like she's downplaying her dv episode with him. Not cool.

She really has no self awareness about anything that she's done. When this show ends she is in for a rude awakening.

I don't think Amber put the machete on the sweatshirt!  I think it was one of us being playful.  Just saying.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think Amber put the machete on the sweatshirt!  I think it was one of us being playful.  Just saying.

Oh OK. I see it now. That's what I get for waking up in the middle of the night and reading the thread.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

From Amazon:

An in-depth look into Teen Mom star, Amber Portwood’s long history dealing with several severe mental illnesses, and how she survived almost insurmountable odds and unbearable public scrutiny to become the strong, self-assured woman she is today.

As a reality TV stalwart and one of the original stars of what’s become a massive franchise, Amber Portwood has been the subject of media curiosity and public scrutiny for almost thirteen years of her life, since she was only 17. Throughout the years, Amber has struggled with up to five severe mental disorders that, especially when grouped together, would bring even the most hearty among us to their knees. Currently serving out her five years probation for a widely publicized fight with the father of her son, Amber has been on a rollercoaster of experiences since she famously emerged from prison almost eight years ago, and she is finally ready to share the painful and emotional journey that has brought her to the more stable and productive life she’s leading today. This book chronicles Amber’s journey with painstaking specificity, as she takes the reader through her harrowing battle with mental illness, and her story serves as a triumphant tale of rebirth as Amber finally conquers her demons and begins her road to a healthy and happy life.

About the Author

Amber Portwood was cast in the reality television series 16 and Pregnant in 2009, and has since catapulted to infamy for her several run-ins with the law that included a 17-month stint in prison. She is the mother of two children, and currently stars on the show Teen Mom OG, where her controversial life plays out weekly to a devoted audience. She is the author of NEVER TOO LATE, is currently attending Purdue University Global, and is an outspoken advocate for mental health and wellness.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

From Amazon:

An in-depth look into Teen Mom star, Amber Portwood’s long history dealing with several severe mental illnesses, and how she survived almost insurmountable odds and unbearable public scrutiny to become the strong, self-assured woman she is today.

As a reality TV stalwart and one of the original stars of what’s become a massive franchise, Amber Portwood has been the subject of media curiosity and public scrutiny for almost thirteen years of her life, since she was only 17. Throughout the years, Amber has struggled with up to five severe mental disorders that, especially when grouped together, would bring even the most hearty among us to their knees. Currently serving out her five years probation for a widely publicized fight with the father of her son, Amber has been on a rollercoaster of experiences since she famously emerged from prison almost eight years ago, and she is finally ready to share the painful and emotional journey that has brought her to the more stable and productive life she’s leading today. This book chronicles Amber’s journey with painstaking specificity, as she takes the reader through her harrowing battle with mental illness, and her story serves as a triumphant tale of rebirth as Amber finally conquers her demons and begins her road to a healthy and happy life.

Is this under fiction?

🤦‍♀️

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

This book chronicles Amber’s journey with painstaking specificity, as she takes the reader through her harrowing battle with mental illness, and her story serves as a triumphant tale of rebirth as Amber finally conquers her demons and begins her road to a healthy and happy life. 

[Bolding mine]  Yikes! Reading that sounds like a terrible waste of an hour.   Still, exactly how tough is it to get your act together when you have zero other responsibilities?  No kids to take care of, no relationship to maintain, no job but also no money worries.  Don't most people suffering from mental illness (or maybe even just most people) have to deal while doing all these other things? 

• Love 12