Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

https://heavy.com/entertainment/teen-mom/amber-portwood-kristina-shirley-instagram-rant-leah/

I hate to tell Amber this but she is the one that wrecked her relationship with Gary and that's on her. And still acting the way she is towards Kristina and saying the shit she did is wrong and if she is still upset about it, that is also on her. 

Kristina is the one that her daughter sees 99% of the time, if she doesn't like it, that is also on Amber. She made choices and choices have consequences and now she's made more choices and those have consequences by her daughter not wanting to be around her and seeing and hearing how her mother is. 

Amber always blames everyone but herself, but if she hadn't of hit Gary, done the drugs, and gone to jail, Gary and Kristina might not have ever met and started a relationship. That's what she fails to see, no matter how it started or when it started. She did what she did and all that had consequences. Just like her Instagram post had consequences, them all distancing themselves from her. 

Amber only thinks of herself, she has 2 kids, is 30 years old and is still playing the victim. Let whatever happened in the past go. Gary and Kristina have a life and kids together. They have tried to include her and even get Leah to include her and she continues to dwell and blame everyone else. She is the one that didn't go to Leah's birthday and didn't show up for the makeup day. Leah is old enough to see how her mom is not dependable or present in her life and doesn't make her (Leah) a priority. Amber did it to herself but blames everyone else. 

• Love 16

I kind of feel sorry for Kristina.  Is Gary just sitting and doing nothing about Amber and her big mouth?  How come Amber is hitting on Kristina and not Gary?I

Amber can freely run her mouth and say anything at all.

If I was Kristina an attorney would be called to silence that lunatic!

• Love 7

I caught some of this last night- Amber is doing her telehealth visit with a therapist. Again, with the eyes closed. I get that sometimes it helps one focus or listen, but it just seemed too bizarre. And she keeps repeating that she went to gel to save herself and that she did not abandon Leah. Poor Amber doesn't understand that it was AFTER she got OUT of gel that any chance she had with Leah she blew. She "abandoned" her in all the years including the present- after getting out from gel.

Getting tired of only seeing her on her couch.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I caught some of this last night- Amber is doing her telehealth visit with a therapist. Again, with the eyes closed. I get that sometimes it helps one focus or listen, but it just seemed too bizarre. And she keeps repeating that she went to gel to save herself and that she did not abandon Leah. Poor Amber doesn't understand that it was AFTER she got OUT of gel that any chance she had with Leah she blew. She "abandoned" her in all the years including the present- after getting out from gel.

Getting tired of only seeing her on her couch.

Yep...this is exactly what I was coming here to say. Amber goes on and on and on about how selfless and what a Mom-of-the-year she was going to gel. In reality the issue has been since she was out; years and years of letting Leah down, no-shows, a million excuses, broken promises and always putting men first. She continues to show Leah exactly who she is (which includes bad-mouthing Kristina) and THAT is what Leah sees, hears and knows. Amber sucks!! 

• Love 15

Amber longs for Leah because all the men in her life are gone.

Once another loser enters left Amber will be ok and not need Leah anymore.

Lol Kristina felt guilty going to work but Gary is urging her on.  What a guy.  He wants all the women in his life to work and the money rolls in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Question because I don't watch very faithfully. Christina was saying she always wanted to be a nurse ( when Gary gave her the scrubs). Is she a nurse? I thought they were suggesting she might go to school for that but as I said, I really don't know this stuff. Can anyone explain?and thank you

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Question because I don't watch very faithfully. Christina was saying she always wanted to be a nurse ( when Gary gave her the scrubs). Is she a nurse? I thought they were suggesting she might go to school for that but as I said, I really don't know this stuff. Can anyone explain?and thank you

As far as I recall, she was in nursing school at one point. I don’t know if she completed it (LPN perhaps?). Now she’s in nursing school again, finishing, or going for RN, I don’t know.

I guess that’s not really an answer! 😂🤣

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amber longs for Leah because all the men in her life are gone.

Once another loser enters left Amber will be ok and not need Leah anymore.

Lol Kristina felt guilty going to work but Gary is urging her on.  What a guy.  He wants all the women in his life to work and the money rolls in.

Would it be any different if Gary went to work and Kristina stayed home?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

You said “what a guy.” 

Gary collects child support from Amber and now Kristina is working as a nurse.  Seems he has it all wrapped up.  Least I forget he gets a big MTV paycheck for appearing on the show.

He doesn't have to work.  Say what you will about Gary but he's probably the smartest one in this whole Teen Mom franchise.

I was looking at his property when the camera panned in.  It's immaculate and very nicely maintained.  In my mind I kind of compared it to Tyler's property.  The difference between somebody that cares and somebody that doesn't care.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

As far as I recall, she was in nursing school at one point. I don’t know if she completed it (LPN perhaps?). Now she’s in nursing school again, finishing, or going for RN, I don’t know.

I guess that’s not really an answer! 😂🤣

Actually - it's more than I knew so thank you!! 

• Love 2

So Amber is sitting there thinking Leah doesn't want to see her because of her past and going to jail.

Is she really that dense? That has nothing to do with it. Leah has seen how Amber hasn't made any effort and also hears or reads the stuff she says about everything. And Leah has seen first hand all these years how her mom doesn't show up or is sick or covid or whatever the reason.  Amber can't ever admit that she's done any wrong. No wonder Leah doesn't want to be around her and she's in a way blaming it on Leah because she doesn't want to see her. 

I doubt she will ever see the truth because she's incapable. And she's claiming she wants to go to therapy with Leah. No Leab needs to be by herself because Amber will make it all about herself and guilt Leah into saying what she wants to hear.

I'm glad that Gary has put his foot down. I would just put it like I did to my daughter,  once you become an adult and you want to go find your dad, more power to you. Until then no, sorry, I didn't want her messing her up. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

So Amber is sitting there thinking Leah doesn't want to see her because of her past and going to jail.

Is she really that dense? That has nothing to do with it. Leah has seen how Amber hasn't made any effort and also hears or reads the stuff she says about everything. And Leah has seen first hand all these years how her mom doesn't show up or is sick or covid or whatever the reason.  Amber can't ever admit that she's done any wrong. No wonder Leah doesn't want to be around her and she's in a way blaming it on Leah because she doesn't want to see her. 

I doubt she will ever see the truth because she's incapable. And she's claiming she wants to go to therapy with Leah. No Leab needs to be by herself because Amber will make it all about herself and guilt Leah into saying what she wants to hear.

I'm glad that Gary has put his foot down. I would just put it like I did to my daughter,  once you become an adult and you want to go find your dad, more power to you. Until then no, sorry, I didn't want her messing her up. 

Gary needs to get some balls and take Leah off the show. Until then, he is always somewhat beholden to Amber. And Leah deserves privacy.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Gary needs to get some balls and take Leah off the show. Until then, he is always somewhat beholden to Amber. And Leah deserves privacy.

I agree.

Amber will just say everything that Gary has is because of her. She is just so warped.

• Love 1

Actually Teen Mom has been good to Gary.  Look at what he's amassed without working.

Gary never wants this gravy train to stop and that's why he watches his mouth a bit about Amber who is the goose that lays the golden eggs!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Actually Teen Mom has been good to Gary.  Look at what he's amassed without working.

Gary never wants this gravy train to stop and that's why he watches his mouth a bit about Amber who is the goose that lays the golden eggs!

I'm not trying to WK for Gary, but just because he doesn't have a traditional job doesn't mean he doesn't work. He grows fruit and vegetables, which he sells at farmers markets. We've seen photos of pies and salsas he selling. I think he owns several rental properties, so presumably he maintains those. Unless he's a slumlord, which I doubt. And yes, I'm sure he considers Teen Mom to be a job. He probably even pays taxes on his Teen Mom money.  

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

And look what he’s done to poor Leah, keeping her on this show. Time for him to quit and give Leah the privacy she deserves.

2 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I'm not trying to WK for Gary, but just because he doesn't have a traditional job doesn't mean he doesn't work. He grows fruit and vegetables, which he sells at farmers markets. We've seen photos of pies and salsas he selling. I think he owns several rental properties, so presumably he maintains those. Unless he's a slumlord, which I doubt. And yes, I'm sure he considers Teen Mom to be a job. He probably even pays taxes on his Teen Mom money.  

Not probably - he pays quite a bit of taxes on his TM money.

• Love 1

It would not surprise me if Gary continued on Teen Mom because he knows that Amber would be even worse off if she wasn’t on Teen Mom, and without Leah/Gary/Kristina, there is no reason for Amber to be on. Without the show and the money, Amber would be even more aimless and likely fall back into drugs. There’s no way she would get a job, and she doesn’t stand a chance at being any kind of influencer. At least this way she’s not homeless. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It would not surprise me if Gary continued on Teen Mom because he knows that Amber would be even worse off if she wasn’t on Teen Mom, and without Leah/Gary/Kristina, there is no reason for Amber to be on. Without the show and the money, Amber would be even more aimless and likely fall back into drugs. There’s no way she would get a job, and she doesn’t stand a chance at being any kind of influencer. At least this way she’s not homeless. 

Isn’t Leah’s privacy more important, though?

• Love 7

Gary wants to keep the MTV ship sailing. He’s getting double bubble. 

His own paycheck and child support from Amber. 

Without the show no paycheck for Gary and no Child Support payment from Amber. 

Amber rakes in the big bucks and Gary gets a big chunk!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Interesting thoughts about these Teen Mom kids who are now close to teens too. Wouldn't they all be better off without the notoriety of this show? I thinking Bentley and Leah, but know there are others.

YES. Continuing to exploit Leah is not acceptable IMO. 

• Love 5
On 9/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Amber rakes in the big bucks and Gary gets a big chunk!

I find this offensive.  Child support is for the child, not the parent.  It has been shown multiple times that Amber has not paid child support in full thus Gary has to cover ALL of Leah’s expenses.  Leah looks to be well taken care of and provided for so what little money Gary does get from Amber appears to be going to the care of Leah.  Gary has mentioned a college fund for Leah.  Amber has mentioned cars and couches for herself, and guitars, movie equipment and “collectibles” for the boy of the moment.  In no way do I believe that Amber is trying to provide financially for Leah and Gary is taking advantage of it.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

In no way do I believe that Amber is trying to provide financially for Leah and Gary is taking advantage of it.

I have no idea about the child support but Gary (as well as Ryan et al) get MTV checks when they film the show as well.  If Gary were to stop participating on the show, the MTV checks would stop as well.   When Amber was in the clink, Gary still appeared with Leah (and his mom) so the MTV checks have never stopped.

This show has been on for ten years and I don't think Gary has had another steady  job since his and Amber's  16 and Pregnant days. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 12:03 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I have no idea about the child support but Gary (as well as Ryan et al) get MTV checks when they film the show as well.  If Gary were to stop participating on the show, the MTV checks would stop as well.   When Amber was in the clink, Gary still appeared with Leah (and his mom) so the MTV checks have never stopped.

This show has been on for ten years and I don't think Gary has had another steady  job since his and Amber's  16 and Pregnant days. 

But didn't he own rental property? Plus, he actually had a job in a hospital and could always go back to work. Amber's the one who will be in a shitload of trouble when the gravy train runs out.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, politichick said:

But didn't he own rental property? Plus, he actually had a job in a hospital and could always go back to work. Amber's the one who will be in a shitload of trouble when the gravy train runs out.

Yes, Gary has rental properties and farms enough to have a farm stand and make pies, etc. to sell. Would he be living as well without the show? Probably not, but unlike most of the fathers on this show he hasn’t shown any aversion to working, and is one of the few who has held a 9-5 job. 

I do agree that it would be better for Leah not to be on the show anymore, but overall I think it is the lesser of the two evils. Without the show Amber would be completely lost and broke, and undoubtedly Gary would step in - for Leah’s sake, not Amber’s. I think Gary is pretty cautious bout doing anything that could damage the fragile relationship that Leah has with Amber, especially while Leah is young. I think there will be a point when Gary will stop enabling Amber, probably when Leah is an adult. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, politichick said:

He bought the rental property plus the house they live in with the MTV  bucks, which is generally a good idea for good passive income - although unless he pays a management company being a landlord can probably be considered a job. 

He was a CNA when Leah was born which isn't really a living wage (at least in my area)  I can also remember when he spent their last $500 on a video game  (??) so I'm fairly certain he and Leah would not have the comfortable  lifestyle they have now without the decade of MTV.   Maybe but I doubt it.  Gary has never struck me as a guy of great ambition but I do believe he would do everything he could for his family. 

Anyway, I completely agree that Leah (and therefore Gary) need to be off this show (as well as Bentley and all of these tween aged Teen Mom kids.   If that leaves Amber in the lurch well, maybe she will finally get off the couch.  At the this point I think Gary and Kristina will be fine. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

She's the whole reason I stopped. When she got up to beat Farrahs ass, I was done. I don't like Farrah at all, but the whole shit of being 500% behind Matt and just outright being a nasty mf to other people, that was it for me. I then watched her on the Boot camp thing with Matt and holy shit is she a terror. I think she seriously needs to be popped right in her mouth one of these days because she is such a bully to people. 

The bullying of people and the rushing the stage to beat up Farrah and how Maci and Catelynn just fell right in behind her on the reunion just made me not want to watch them or give them the ratings. They are all just a bunch of brats and are in for a rude awakening.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

She's the whole reason I stopped. When she got up to beat Farrahs ass, I was done. I don't like Farrah at all, but the whole shit of being 500% behind Matt and just outright being a nasty mf to other people, that was it for me. I then watched her on the Boot camp thing with Matt and holy shit is she a terror. I think she seriously needs to be popped right in her mouth one of these days because she is such a bully to people. 

The bullying of people and the rushing the stage to beat up Farrah and how Maci and Catelynn just fell right in behind her on the reunion just made me not want to watch them or give them the ratings. They are all just a bunch of brats and are in for a rude awakening.

None of the girls have moved on from petty high school immature bullshit. I think some of them would be like that even without the show (none of them showed any ambition whatsoever as I recall), but a few of them would be better off as people (maybe not financially) if they had a real job that forced them to act like a mature adult on a regular basis. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Only because people keep watching . . .

Aah, but they don't know I watch.  My satellite has never been connected to a phone line or the internet, so no data about my viewing has ever gone back to the mothership. 

And you best believe that if that somehow changes, and I have to watch this shitshow in any way that lets them know I'm watching, I'm done.  And probably better off because of it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

So nobody has to worry about Amber. She’s packing up her jailhouse GED and going over to Purdue Global to get her Doctorate in psychiatry !  Dream big Amber…dream big!

Maci has a new song to sing. PTSD.  So poor Bentley gets a break. 

Tyler is flying high on Kenatone. I just wish he’d use a bit of that energy and clean that murky, dirty pool!

MacKenzies Bronx is surely a handful for such a young age. Hopefully this doctor will help him. 

Cheyenne has become another couch potato along with her baby daddy. Doesn’t anybody work?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Maybe one of her helpers suggested she mention her sexuality in case she is tossed from the show- then she can sue for discrimination?

(and yeah, way to focus your energy on your children).

Does being bisexual take away more energy from your kids than being heterosexual does? I’m not sure how her preferences take away from her kids.

• Love 3

I think her preference being mentioned by Amber at this time takes away from reconnecting with her child. 
It once again becomes all about Amber and not about Leah!

Nobody gives a fig about Ambers sexual preferences!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think her preference being mentioned by Amber at this time takes away from reconnecting with her child. 
It once again becomes all about Amber and not about Leah!

Nobody gives a fig about Ambers sexual preferences!

I don’t like her, but how does stating a sexual preference take away from her child?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t like her, but how does stating a sexual preference take away from her child?

Are they trying to throw everyone off the “she’s a bad mom” topic???

• Love 1