Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Ok, I lied. I'm here and watching live.

Little Snarkish is joining me tonight. (Age 11 going on 70). She's watching Darcey. Her comment, "I feel embarrassed for this woman and can't stand her voice. How did she get kids?!"

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know this varies throughout different cultures but in the USA men get wedding rings. The only men I know that don’t wear theirs do so because of their professions (for example auto mechanics, chefs etc). Men that don’t wear rings still get one on the wedding day. Face value Jon doesn’t seem so odd, as a garbage sorter it might be impractical BUT this is Jon & Rachel, so everything is DEFCON 10. 

It was less common for men to wear a ring in my parents' generation. My dad never wore one but he hated jewelry of any kind. I remember as a kid seeing some weddings described as a "double ring ceremony", that is, both the bride and the groom gave each other rings. Nowadays that's the standard, though. That said, Jon is full of shit. There are lots of options-silicone, wear a ring around your neck on a chain, wear bracelets instead. Get matching tattoos. Sheesh. Good old Rachel. Making mountains out of molehills since 2005. 

• Love 7

I think Jesse came to NYC to get laid one last time. The sex must be really good!  Strange that he would cross an ocean because I would imagine women in Amsterdam would be fairly venturesome. 

Darcey must be a three input woman. I think he finds the combination of venturesome and low self-esteem to be irresistible at times.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Jessie hanging around for more camera time and to torture Darcy some more. What a moron. 

I think you accidentally misspelled "malignant narcissist". 

• Love 14

Jon is just so full of it.  I'm proud to wear my wedding ring.  It makes me feel secure and centered.  I lost my old ring a couple years ago swimming in Mexico and I couldn't wait to get a replacement.  

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 5

Can someone fill me in briefly - why did Darcy have what looked like a U-Haul's worth of luggage when she was just going to meet Jesse in the park and talk? I've had a couple of 'talks' in my life, none of which involved bringing all my luggage.

• Love 8
Just now, aliya said:

Can someone fill me in briefly - why did Darcy have what looked like a U-Haul's worth of luggage when she was just going to meet Jesse in the park and talk? I've had a couple of 'talks' in my life, none of which involved bringing all my luggage.

She needed, and I quote, “Shoe options.”

• Love 9
1 minute ago, aliya said:

She didn't know what her love had prepared for her in the city so she packed a lot of options. Seriously.

• Love 1

She wanted to be prepared for whatever he had planned. ....what does a girl wear to be dumped... ?

• Love 5

I think it was a metaphor for all the emotional baggage Darcy carries around.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Somebody may beat me to this, but my memory is that last week she said their conversation about his coming over was sort of vague, so she didn't know what kind of events they would be doing (yes, really) and so she had to bring outfits accordingly.  Oops, here's 6 new replies.  Bet you beat me to it !                I was right !  

Edited by Chippings
catching up
  • Love 1

I want a bra that cantilevers my t**s up under my chin when I sit down. 

So Jesse's shlepping her bags up, he announces,  "out of lahhvvv." He's like George Costanza who wants to be recognized for buying the big salad. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought Darcy left the car. 

She flounced out but had to flounce back so she could flounce out again. She flounces for the USA. 

5 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Is there ever a scene when Rachel isn’t crying? Even at the jeweler’s she’s ready to burst into tears because Jon’s balking at wearing a wedding ring. They didn’t discuss this beforehand? 

She's such a misery. and Jon is dumb as a goddamn plank. Why is everything such a big fucking deal?  

• Love 11
Just now, Floatingbison said:

I'm proud to wear my wedding ring.  It makes me feel secure and centered.  I lost my old ring a couple years swimming in Mexico and I couldn't wait to get a replacement.  

OMG! That must have been devastating! I'm glad you got it replaced.

I love wearing mine! The diamond fell out once and by some miracle I found it. Now I get the prongs checked every now and then.  

My husband wears his all the time and he seems to enjoy it. In fact, he seemed to revel in wearing it from the word go.

Jon doesn't have any real grasp on what it is to be committed. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

There were two huge pet carrier/cages in their apartment.

I heard on a podcast (I can’t remember which one), that Paul brought his German Shepards  over to Brazil.  He was also complaining that when he wasn’t there, Karine would not take them out of their crates, forgot to give them water and food.  

• Love 2