Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

Does Bethenny no longer have her original driver? I think his name was Kevin? Tonight she had a young guy driving her and Sonja to the jean place. Anyone know if Kevin is still with her or is he out?

• Love 8

While I didn't particularly care for Ramona's renos (though an update certainly was needed) I couldn't help think when Lu was making her snide remarks that at least Ramona didn't steal from her child(ren) to finance her home/renos. 

I really hope this is the last season that we have to hear Lu sing (badly) that horrible song, "Money Can't Buy You Class". It can't buy you the ability to sing, either. 

Geez, Carole can't even wear a tracksuit without looking ridiculous. I can't remember if I have noticed before how little chemistry there is between Carole and Adam. None. Nada. They look like and relate like they are an aunt and nephew. One thing that I did find interesting though. Several episodes back Carole mentioned (can't remember to who) that she would be hurt if Adam went out with someone else, even though they were no longer together. I think she called it disrespectful. That made no sense to me since they were not together. Then someone mentioned that Adam was dating someone that he had created 'sexy salads' with. There are lots of pictures on his instagram of this woman. They have also made some sophomoric videos together. So it all made sense when Carole made a reference to sexy salads when talking to Adam in this epi. It was a rather snide remark, so I took from that that the sexy salad lady is the one Adam was dating, and Carole was upset as Adam was working with her when he was dating Carole. Just a guess but it seems to fit. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't think so, it's been commented on both times that Heather doesn't even get first and last name billing when she comes on, she is simply Heather, Carole's friend.

I didn't find her that interesting the first time around, so I'm unsure what she'd bring to the show. Well, there was common sense, which most don't have.

I think Carole brought Heather in in order to bash B with a new person on camera, as a kind if backup, and because it appears she gets off on bashing B since every single scene is about B, except Adam, which looked like a carefully crafted scene by Carole to make it appear she is over Adam and the ending was her choice.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see her back, but the two appearances, plus her apparent willingness to return as far back as 2016 had me wondering. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Personally, I wouldn't like to see her back, but the two appearances, plus her apparent willingness to return as far back as 2016 had me wondering. 

It didn't sound like it. I understand where you are coming from though. Thinking about it though, I did like how Heather held her in against drunken Slurinda. I would have loved to see her rebutt Dorinda on kind of everything this season.

I will say, Carole looked genuinely happy to see her, but I think it was because everyone else is so tired of listening to her talk about B.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

While I didn't particularly care for Ramona's renos (though an update certainly was needed) I couldn't help think when Lu was making her snide remarks that at least Ramona didn't steal from her child(ren) to finance her home/renos. 

I really hope this is the last season that we have to hear Lu sing (badly) that horrible song, "Money Can't Buy You Class". It can't buy you the ability to sing, either. 

Geez, Carole can't even wear a tracksuit without looking ridiculous. I can't remember if I have noticed before how little chemistry there is between Carole and Adam. None. Nada. They look like and relate like they are an aunt and nephew. One thing that I did find interesting though. Several episodes back Carole mentioned (can't remember to who) that she would be hurt if Adam went out with someone else, even though they were no longer together. I think she called it disrespectful. That made no sense to me since they were not together. Then someone mentioned that Adam was dating someone that he had created 'sexy salads' with. There are lots of pictures on his instagram of this woman. They have also made some sophomoric videos together. So it all made sense when Carole made a reference to sexy salads when talking to Adam in this epi. It was a rather snide remark, so I took from that that the sexy salad lady is the one Adam was dating, and Carole was upset as Adam was working with her when he was dating Carole. Just a guess but it seems to fit. 

Bingo!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Someone actually asked her that on twitter.  Saying, you could at least have called with regrets.  And this is what Bethenny responded:

It doesn’t exist. And as a business woman, I am done allowing people to pretend business is easy or have pretend parties to launch products that are fairytales. Watch cartoons if you want fantasy.

Harsh.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It didn't sound like it. I understand where you are coming from though. Thinking about it though, I did like how Heather held her in against drunken Slurinda. I would have loved to see her rebutt Dorinda on kind of everything this season.

I will say, Carole looked genuinely happy to see her, but I think it was because everyone else is so tired of listening to her talk about B.

I question the veracity of their friendship off-show.

Carole didn't even know Heather was running the marathon - Heather who when she was on the show did everything athletic inclusive of that Spartan race with her husband.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Jel said:

Also, and unrelated to Heather... anyone remember the blind item about a reality show star who was only pretending to date men, but actually had a serious girlfriend? People speculated it was Radzi. And then tonight, when Adam asked Carole if they could get together for coffee sometime, Carole said she doesn't drink coffee anymore, she only drinks tea now, I thought I saw a "wink and a nod" kind of non verbal exchange between Carole and Adam.

Holy adult diapers, I think you might be on to something. Verrrrrry interesting!

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love my Ramona but I have to agree with this and give it to Bethenny.

Earlier in the season, Ramona was walking Coco and on the phone with Bethenny.

Ramona already said those exact words to her - you know what Bethenny, you don't believe in women supporting women, You don't support woman!..Click

So she shouldn't have been surprised that Bethenny didn't attend her event.

The thing with Ramona is that she got great feedback for putting Bethenny in her place earlier in the season and she’s going to stick to that theme. The problem is that now it doesn’t sound spontaneous, it sounds rehearsed and no one gives a crap. 

Edited by bagger
  • Love 8

Wow, this episode is packed. Compared to this week's Potomac and OC, again the NY hos show how it's done. Is this the first time we've seen John so far this season? Because it looks to me like Dorinda has pumped the brakes and is screening him for famewhoreitis. At the whole lunch with John scene, he keeps asking 'how am I doing so far', and I wonder if she's said he's not going to be on camera like he has been in the past and if he behaves, she might throw him a bone or bring him back in at the end of the season. 

I could handle Heather back, I really could. 

Lu going in on Ramona's house, that was some vitriol. But if anyone has earned it, Ramona has. Lu's places always look warm and cosesy. Her description of Ramona's as 'cold' literally represents the other end of the spectrum personal choice wise. I'm kind of with her though. Lu lives/lived in the Hamptons, Ramona visits. All that white and high ceilings in winter would be nightmarish. Ramona described it as a 'transitional' look made me snort my tea. Oh lord, this woman. She's heard that somewhere along the line and she thinks it is a thing. 'Transitional': like a doctor's waiting room? Like a bullet train stop? Nailed it Ramona. You're truly a maven of the Transitional School of Interior Design. 

The adult diaper thing, no, Sonja. I don't know anyone who shucks their knickers before transit and gets into some Depends because they don't do the facilities. No. It's not 'a thing'. And it's gross. I don't want to know how bad all this smelled, there was way too much poo talk in this episode. Don't need to see yet another clip of Ramona's dog hunching over Dorinda's carpet either. Don't want to hear how the room towels smelled on the balcony between Ramona and Sonja either. Those poor room attendants. I really hope they got tipped well.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Harsh.

ITA, it was but, as much as Bethenny hasn't impressed me this season, I understand her point. This is the THIRD skin care line Ramona has shilled: First Tru Renewal because "these are the best products ever and I look so young and everyone asks me what I use!" Then she became a distributor for Rodan & Fields because, "these are the best products ever and I look so young and everyone asks me what I use!" Now this newest venture with the same party line. It's just tired.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I question the veracity of their friendship off-show.

Carole didn't even know Heather was running the marathon - Heather who when she was on the show did everything athletic inclusive of that Spartan race with her husband.

Oh me too. That's why I think she was just happy to have another person to bitch to/at about B. 

When it comes down to it what do Heather and Carole have in common? Heather is married, has a couple of kids, and works her ass off. While Carole talks about how busy she is, but can't come up with productive things she does but likes to say how busy she is, is single, and is so seldom at home she shares her pet with two other people, pet responsibility is too much for her.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

ITA, it was but, as much as Bethenny hasn't impressed me this season, I understand her point. This is the THIRD skin care line Ramona has shilled: First Tru Renewal because "these are the best products ever and I look so young and everyone asks me what I use!" Then she became a distributor for Rodan & Fields because, "these are the best products ever and I look so young and everyone asks me what I use!" Now this newest venture with the same party line. It's just tired.

I love my Ramona!

She loves her floaty tube noodles.

KFB business venture suggestion: I think she should launch a line and call them Tru Ranoodles

• Love 24
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love my Ramona!

She loves her floaty tube noodles.

KFB business venture suggestion: I think she should launch a line and call them Tru Ranoodles

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sneak peak

Dorinda is mad...and it's not about John. It's about Sonja - Luann invites Sonja to perform with her not Dorinda "the loyal" one

Oh, the jealousy, and when has Dorinda ever shown any interest on being on stage? It's not as if you could count on her to be sober. Also, what does Dorinda want for her introductions to people, bone marrow?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh me too. That's why I think she was just happy to have another person to bitch to/at about B. 

When it comes down to it what do Heather and Carole have in common? Heather is married, has a couple of kids, and works her ass off. While Carole talks about how busy she is, but can't come up with productive things she does but likes to say how busy she is, is single, and is so seldom at home she shares her pet with two other people, pet responsibility is too much for her.

Yes, they are Show Friends Only.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

You reminded me of the only thing I enjoyed during the scene at Carole's shoe box  apartment. Seeing her cat and dog hanging out. They are all that I will miss when Carole leaves. 

I hope they don't bring Heather back. I didn't care for her the first time around, and doubt that I would feel any differently if she were to return. UO I know, but I would rather have Jill back if they were to recycle a Howife. 

• Love 7

“Congratulations on the ummm...that’s quite an accomplishment...” Adam is having a hard time remembering his lines of Carole praise. He kind of stumbled then mumbled something about the marathon and then threw in a mention of the article?

And really? You’re having a big party to celebrate your getting an article published? I think Carole decided since no one threw her a party for her marathon run, she would throw one for herself for this new, fantabulous achievement.

With regards to Ramona’s home makeover, I thought it looked like she’d prepped it to rent out on AirBnb. It not only looked bland and beige, it looked cheap. What I don’t get is why you’d think white would be a good choice for something that’s going to be rented. Renters - even if they’re paying big bucks, perhaps especially since they’re paying big bucks - aren’t known for taking the best care of things. Look how the ladies left the house in Cartagena, and that was a place rented with a full household staff.

As harsh as B’s tweet is about why she didn’t go to Ramona’s pre-launch party, its also totally true. I don’t know which excuse for a ‘hey, look at me’ party was worse. Carole’s Cosmo article or Ramona’s to announce that at some point she’d have an actual product to announce? I guess since Carole had actually completed her thing, I have to give the worst title to Ramona.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jel said:
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

All I remember from Heather's time on the show was when Bethenny couldn't eat her dinner because there was fish in it and Heather freaked out and started bawling. I've never thought about her since she left and I don't miss her. Yawn.

that, plus something about meatballs. My most vivid memory of Heather was her storming in to someone's room, angrily pulling open the curtains while yelling at the women to get up.

we've seen her twice this year, and I did come across an article from 2016 in which she said she'd be open to returning to the show. Maybe she will be carole's replacement next year.

ah but this then led to the infamous 'don't be all..uncool' scene, and was 'eggs a la francaise' from this trip also?, so Heather contributed to that, plus Ramona throwing a glass at Kristen and all the women playing in the dirt at Heather's property.

Dorinda and John: Dorinda said she'd been seeing John now for as long as she was married to Richard... wow. Dorinda sanctifies that marriage, I thought it went on a lot longer than 6 years. John does NOT seem in the same league through Dorinda's eyes.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

what was she supposed to say to her though? I'm so sorry I didn't call? 

I doubt B calls her for anything these days after the last phone call to Ramona ended with her Screaming at her about her lack of support of other women.  

Yes, she should have apologized for not even acknowledging the invitation.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I still don't get why they're ALL STILL sick.  I've been on ships that have hit rogue waves where I was seasick as anything (the last time was very notably the night of the Ohio Caucus in 2008), but I was fine the next day.  So they all probably got food poisoning. 

The one and only time I got seasick (haven't been on a boat since), it was horrible and I had vertigo with slight nausea for 3 days.  Fortunately, I was able to hold my bowels till we got on land, but I was like Carole with the puking on the boat, except I didn't have a big pail, just hung over the side of the boat.  But I've always been prone to motion sickness.  But if they had bad diarrhea, it could last a few days.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

The one and only time I got seasick (haven't been on a boat since), it was horrible and I had vertigo with slight nausea for 3 days.  Fortunately, I was able to hold my bowels till we got on land, but I was like Carole with the puking on the boat, except I didn't have a big pail, just hung over the side of the boat.  But I've always been prone to motion sickness.  But if they had bad diarrhea, it could last a few days.  

I think they were all sick from something they ate or drank. The morning after the boat ride, when they all said they’d been running to the bathroom all night, they had a discussion about what they’d eaten for lunch the day before. They were comparing notes to see if they all ate the same thing, which to me sounds like they thought they had food poisoning and the effects of that can last for days.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can't find anything on line about it, but if SG jeans aren't made offshore, I'll eat my hat.  They're actually made or distributed by a company that has several clothing brands under their umbrella.  Never know what kind of deal she cut, but it almost sounds like a licensing deal more than anything.

I would bet her cheap Jeans are made in china.  I wonder if that was 3x1 Jeans in SoHo.  They make their Jeans right there on Mercer Street.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lemons said:

her cheap Jeans

$100 bux from what I've seen.  I've never spent $100 bux on jeans.  I realize that people spend far more than that, but if her claim is that they're for all women, she might want to work on the price point.

• Love 14

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I’m only 20 mins in at we’re at Bethenny’s apt and I can’t focus on anything but the fire door that is right in her entry??!?!  I assume she has the full floor and the fire door is required by law but there has to be a way to camaflogue it.  She spent all that money and it looks like is living in a factory.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, escatefromny said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I’m only 20 mins in at we’re at Bethenny’s apt and I can’t focus on anything but the fire door that is right in her entry way?!?!  I assume she has the full floor and the fire door is required by law but there has to be a way to camaflogue it.  She spent all that money and it looks like is living in a factory.

Yeah I found the entry way too wide and empty for my tastes. Also, is the A required or was it just used for the initial space.

I absolutely hate the trend of having a huge island with seating and then right behind it having a large dining table, it’s way too many chairs to close to each other for me and it bugs the hell out of me. I realize because it’s now a common trend I might be alone in hating this layout.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16

The Cosmo party was not hosted by Carol. It was the magazine's monthly issue-release gig. As someone who had a column in the issue, she was invited as an honoree. I didn't see it as being in the same category as Ramona's "pre-launch" nonsense myself. But that exchange between her and Adam was definitely awkward and weird. 

I thought Ramona's house looked staged for sale too. Just completely bland and cold, without a hint of personality. I understand that if it's going to be rented, but she was so proud of her design hand! And whoever said white furniture in a rental home is a nightmare waiting to happen was absolutely correct.

Edited by bref
  • Love 18
57 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I would bet her cheap Jeans are made in china.  I wonder if that was 3x1 Jeans in SoHo.  They make their Jeans right there on Mercer Street.  

OK, soooo WTH was that scene for?  Showing B with her new bestie Sonja -- who she clearly thinks is a nut & an idiot?  Why was Bethenny screeching at the mention of "package"?  I didn't get any of it. 

Watching B trying desperately hard to find a replacement for bestie/follower Carole was pretty painful.  So she's trying out Sonja, Lu & Dorinda for the job of her bestie/follower?  Uh, no.  And now she's gonna be palsy-walsy with Lu?  Please, B hasn't changed her opinion of Lu from 10 years ago -- that she's a snake.  Dorinda?  She'll talk shit about anyone behind their back, eh?  Yeesh, she sucks.

Idk, Moaner's place looked an ad for Wayfair or Overstock.  Uh, not exactly high-end there, Moaner.  The odd thing was everything in the before shots looked so much better than the after.  Hint to you, Moaner:  Use a fucking decorator -- any decorator!

I hated Bethenny's place.  Too magazine layout for me.  So if someone drops some chocolate or wine, will she re-decorate -- or screech at 'em like she did about the package in the jeans scene?  Idk, the Bethenny we see here still has such intensity, she scares the shit outta me.  The coldness of her joint soooo reflects her personality.  Cold, cold, cold, cold, icicle cold.  Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lu, you're making jokey references about cops?  Really?  Still say that woman shoulda gotten jail time.  She so deserved it!

Did Sonja say she went to FIT?  Was that when she was dancing with John-John on a yacht?

Ah, Carole, so none of your relationships "crash & burn", eh?  Well, one just did . . .

Is there a more dull man on the planet than Adam?  If there is, I don't wanna know.

Is John getting plugs?  Maybe to get Dorinda back?  Hey, just why does a drunky mess like Dorinda hold all the cards in that relationship?

• Love 13

Btw, does Columbia have a night school?  Or maybe an online version?  OK, so Kelly & Tinz BOTH went to "Columbia"?  Or maybe Topper went there & she got the t-shirt in the divorce settlement?  Something doesn't seem right here.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Btw, does Columbia have a night school?  Or maybe an online version?  OK, so Kelly & Tinz BOTH went to "Columbia"?  Or maybe Topper went there & she got the t-shirt in the divorce settlement?  Something doesn't seem right here.

She went to Columbia undergrad and graduated with a degree in art history. Topper went to NYU. 

• Love 10

People paying $165K per month to rent a house want high end furnishings. I don't think Ramona's worried that a rock band is going to trash her house, so that's her reason for not spending a lot on the decor. As for Beth's place looking a lot better - not necessarily. I've seen much nicer closets on the other HW shows. And I thought the dining room table was way too close to the kitchen island. At the lipstick place I thought Lu put her foot in her mouth trashing Ramona's place which looks fairly similar to Beth's own color scheme. 

Doris did look her best at the tour-de-FrankelManor but her haircolor is still too white. The lunch with John was awkward as hell. Or should I say, as usual. She always comes across as if she can barely stand him. 

Maybe it isn't the construction zone next door that's causing potential renters to offer less for Sonja's townhouse, but the yard covered in dog poop that she can't be bothered to pick up. She said the poop was exposed because the snow had melted. I guess she was planning on leaving it there to be covered again by the next winter's snowstorm.  

Tinsley needs to be on a show about former sorority girls in their forties who never matured past freshman year in college.

While Ramona does look good, of course the photo for the skincare line was still photoshopped. They all are. Which is why so many women are disappointed when they can't achieve the same results as the celebs peddling the products. In some ways I can't blame Beth for saying she's no longer going to support vanity projects that will probably never actually materialize.  But then she shouldn't expect support for her never-ending Skinny Girl crap. 

If Carole believes Adam is still interested in her and wants to rekindle their relationship it's because he keeps showing up when the cameras are around. 

Next week is Sonja's 'big reveal' and apparently Dorinda's audition tape for admission to clown college. 

Edited by Feline Queen
  • Love 21

Didn’t Ramona previously insist that she only rents her house for a few weeks a year so she didn’t have to pay taxes on the rental income and bragged about how it showed she was such a great business woman?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7