Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought the same. Beth has always used the same monotone neutrals with too much white in all of her homes and the same unimaginative bedrooms for her daughter.  She pays for the best contractors and decorators in the city. then she goes on vacation, has everybody else do the schlepping around packing for her and comes back to a new place that is completely ready for her to move in to. Must be nice....

My favorite TH of the night:

Bethenny: "I never get diahrrea, I could lick the toilet bowl in a Colombian prison and still not get diahrrea". Bwahaaaaa! I can't stand her but she can be funny as long as she's not making cock and blow job jokes!

Also, comparing her relationship with Carole to burnt spaghetti sauce. You can put sugar in the sauce, stir it up, try to fix it, but you can't get rid of that burnt taste. I have had friendships go south and I have also burned spaghetti sauce so I get exactly what she was saying. 

This Italian girl LOVED that analogy.  I was like "way to go Beth, I'm gonna use that one day"  She also said something about "burnt at the bottom......" and then something about the top.  It was profound.  I want a t-shirt.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Re: Ramona,

Totally get what you're saying, but I thought it looked really nice, and it made her happy and proud, and I don't know why Luann had to be such a B about it.

Somebody, maybe Bethenny, mentioned Dorinda's "blue eyes"?  Are those Dorinda's real colour?  They were especially vibrant.

I agree, Bethenny's apartment is to die for.  I was dying.  

Because that's just how they treat each other. How many times have we seen Ramona call Luann "LuMan"? "Countless" and the whole Tom situation.I could go on and on. Ramona is a Big ol 'B to Lu. And sometimes Lu pays her back.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

See, now that's kinda interesting.  It confirms what I've thought about Tinz.  She's not showing us who she really is.  Which I find really annoying.  Clearly, she's smart & we sometimes get glimmers of that.  But mostly she acts like such a damn nitwit, what else are we to think?

I don’t know.  Going to college for art history doesn’t mean she’s “smart.”  I assume her grades were fine and her family could pay without assistance.  Plenty of spots open for people like that in the art history department.  

That was twenty five years ago.  She seems intellectually lazy, not really  interested in learning anymore and as a student probably only learned exactly what she needed, nothing else.  

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Dorinda gave John a little wink when she mentioned the after party was gonna be good. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9812596

I caught that too Barbara

Seriously, I wonder why Dorinda is so bent out of shape at John not being invited though. She seems so over him.

Glad Carole is leaving. She has moved down to my least favorite RHONY.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bagger said:

Ramona goes to all of bethenny’s Events because she doesn’t want to miss out on camera time. She doesn’t give a crap about bethenny’s Support except that she runs the risk of less camera time if B doesn’t show up to ramona’s  Events.

She is also going to all the events for:  1) Free food 

2) Free drink

3) The opportunity to meet single eligible men 

Edited to add: I’m aware that the first two fit Sonja better but Ro is always up for free stuff. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes, definitely.  But the addition of the "I only drink tea now", with what I thought was a nod and a wink between them, and in light of the recent Blind Item, made me wonder if there was another level of meaning.  If it weren't for the Blind Item I probably wouldn't have noticed it. 

This is confusing to me. Why would Carol need to be in the closet, or otherwise coy about her sexual preferences? She lives in NYC, it's 2018, she's Carol (! sarcasm).

• Love 11
17 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

She never misses an opportunity to make a dig and then tries to act like she's the mature adult in the situation.

giphy.gif

I’m excited for Dallas.  I love NY, but they faced a tough task living up to their prior season.  

I have never been a Carole fan.  I think she’s the epitome of an elitist.  I hated her commentary during the election (and I’m liberal) as her attitude towards people not team Hillary is exactly the kind of thing that turned people to Trump.  I’m happy to see Carole go.  

On the other hand, I really liked Heather & honestly think she and Bethenny would’ve been a much more interesting relationship to watch than Bethenny/Carole.  And there is no way Heather wouldn’t have said anything to Dorinda about her behavior.  

Next year is going to be interesting.   

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

LOL yes! I'm sorry Ramona seems to have picked one thing to fight with B about....her lack of support towards women.  

I liked how she threw her arms up in exasperation as well, while B just sat there fully composed

All of that while muttering, "Wow!" over and over again as she walked away from Bethenny (and damn near into the camera person) really gave me a fit of giggles.

29 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

This is confusing to me. Why would Carol need to be in the closet, or otherwise coy about her sexual preferences? She lives in NYC, it's 2018, she's Carol (! sarcasm).

Carole wouldn't need to be in the closet. She has spoken about being with a woman before years ago. 

Carole was basically putting the kibosh on Adam's hinting around to restart the FWB leg of their break up. They were calling it "coffee" and she was saying, "Nah. I don't drink coffee [aka I won't be sexing you] anymore."

I do believe that Adam still wants to be in her life, and it isn't that Carole is begging and pleading with him to come on the show to prove anything. He still hangs around, well after filming has concluded, taking Baby for some time. (Which leads me to something I find funny in that some of the same folks making claims that Carole is asking Adam to be around: Is she orchestrating Adam's Baby visitations, as well, including and up and until the point he made a big stink about taking the dog on a jet plane as an emotional support pet?).

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

All of that while muttering, "Wow!" over and over again as she walked away from Bethenny (and damn near into the camera person) really gave me a fit of giggles.

Carole wouldn't need to be in the closet. She has spoken about being with a woman before years ago. 

Carole was basically putting the kibosh on Adam's hinting around to start up their FWB leg of their break up. They were calling it "coffee" and she was saying, "Nah. I don't drink coffee [aka I won't be sexing you] anymore."

I do believe that Adam still wants to be in her life, and it isn't that Carole is begging and pleading with him to come on the show to prove anything. He still hangs around, taking Baby for some time (which leads me to something I find funny in that some of the same folks making claims that Carole is asking Adam to be around: Is she orchestrating Adam's Baby visitations, as well, including and up and until the point he made a big stink about taking the dog on a jet plane as an emotional support pet?).

for coffee purposes only.  I think Carole finally woke up and said enough already.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

for coffee purposes only.  I think Carole finally woke up and said enough already.  

He did look like he was trying to give her the "eye f*ck". That look that lets you know if they are ready and willing. She, kind of, gave it back, but then made the not drinking coffee anymore remark, like she wanted him, but knew the reality of the situation (him having/wanting coffee with someone else), and was done with that part of their relationship. jmo.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Portae said:

Art history is a rigorous humanities degree, so I'm impressed that that's what she majored in. Also, students don't apply and get admitted to specific departments. Tinsley applied to, and was accepted to, an Ivy League institution and managed to balance being an athlete with a rigorous academic program. 

Gotta back you up on this one -- art history is a very rigorous degree that will seriously test how much memorization and critical thinking skills you actually thought you possessed. I almost minored in architectural history, its sister subject, but most of my classmates, most of whom were architecture students, couldn't stand even the intro AH courses because they thought it was just a class where you'd learn about different architectural periods and keep it pushing. Nope! You better break out them flash cards and quit playing.

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Portae said:

Art history is a rigorous humanities degree, so I'm impressed that that's what she majored in. Also, students don't apply and get admitted to specific departments. Tinsley applied to, and was accepted to, an Ivy League institution and managed to balance being an athlete with a rigorous academic program. 

I want to create fake accounts so I can like this multiple times.  :) 

• Love 12

I wonder why Lu was so critical of Ramona’s renovations. She usually makes one snooty comment, then moves on. She kept up the negativity for a long time, which makes me wonder if she was ticked off at Ramona for something specific. 

Maybe Lu is envious that Ramona doesn’t have to sell it and put half of the proceeds into a trust for Avery.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, Portae said:

This is true. I took one Art History class thinking it would be a bunch of "tell me the name of this piece and what year it was created." Got the text book that was as big as a goddamned dictionary and wanted to cry. No one told me I needed to know how the local politics, culture, societal norms, economics, and maybe even the fucking weather led to how and why it was done! 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I think y'all have really covered mostly everything so I'll keep this brief. I thought it was pretty crappy for Lu to make a crack about young guys being Carole's type.  She dated ONE younger guy and was with him for years.  That's not a type, it's a relationship. It's not like she dates young guy after young guy (coughs Sonja). It's interesting timing though for her to take a jab considering her and Carole's relationship has never been better.  Along with her "now that Carole's out of the way" comment, it seemed more to me like an attempt to curry favor from B. 

LMAO moment when Lu said she doesn’t hold grudges!!!! Really? She’s still sniping at Carole for dating Adam  because he had just ended a relationship with her niece...how long ago was that and she’s still pissed off at Carole for that? It’s not like he dumped her niece for Carole, they were already over. Lu holds plenty of grudges and most of them are stupid.

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

You still have to take Gen Ed classes.  Tinsely's diploma says Columbia U. and mine doesn't.  Good for her!!

Don’t assume because hers says Columbia and yours doesn’t means hers is better.  Gen ed classes are pretty basic, just more detailed of what you learned in high school. I’m not saying she wasn’t a good student, I’m sure she was.   We can assume she has at least average intelligence for accomplishing this.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

So Carole is continuing her tour of shading B at every chance she gets.  We get it, Carole - - we're not as gullible as sexy salad Adam.  You hate B and you're very passive aggressive about letting it be known.  Shut up.  And your "dressy" jogging suit was ridiculous.  No worries, your trophy for Worst Dressed Ho-wife is still safe.  We know how you love your trophies.

LuAnn was snarky about Ramona's redecorating but God, she's funny.  When she said "cop to" something and then caught herself -- gold.  And she really looks good when she's got her hair casually - - or "casually" -- pulled back.

I'm totally jealous over B's apartment.  That closet.  Heaven.  

Ramona's haircut suits her.

Loved Sonja showing up at Ramona's event with her shoes and handing them out.  Lu's reaction seemed genuine, which was nice.  Of course Sonja didn't bring judgy haters Dorinda and Carole shoes.  Dorinda would get drunk and either throw a shoe at someone or step out of them in a gutter; Carole would have to bedazzle them or put feathers on them or something and then wear them with her "dressy" jogging suit because she's so "trendy."  

So was that jogging suit thing worn at a party celebrating the fact that Carole actually wrote something?  Like, by herself?  Without a ghostwriter?  And not about Adam's sexy salads?  And did she get a trophy for it?   Sorry, I was half watching.  (Not sorry, really.)  

So Dorinda bitches at Sonja about using the Morgan name and talking about Mr. Morgan but does Dorinda EVER stop talking about Richard?  John seems skeevy and all but I'd be pissed if I were him and talking about how long they had been dating and Dorinda compares it to how long she was with Richard.  Okay, Dorinda.  We get it.  We know about Richard.  I really hope that Sonja nails her on that at the reunion - - or somebody does.

Next week is the last epi?  Damn.

The BEST damn Post I’ve read in a long time.  You should get a trophy.  Lol.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, kicksave said:

LMAO moment when Lu said she doesn’t hold grudges!!!! Really? She’s still sniping at Carole for dating Adam  because he had just ended a relationship with her niece...how long ago was that and she’s still pissed off at Carole for that? It’s not like he dumped her niece for Carole, they were already over. Lu holds plenty of grudges and most of them are stupid.

Spot on  !

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder why Lu was so critical of Ramona’s renovations. She usually makes one snooty comment, then moves on. She kept up the negativity for a long time, which makes me wonder if she was ticked off at Ramona for something specific. 

Maybe Lu is envious that Ramona doesn’t have to sell it and put half of the proceeds into a trust for Avery.

IKR! LuAnn walked in the door already pissed off and ready to criticize. When Sonja asked if they should remove their shoes, LuAnn says, "No!" in the bitchiest way possible.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Didn’t Ramona previously insist that she only rents her house for a few weeks a year so she didn’t have to pay taxes on the rental income and bragged about how it showed she was such a great business woman?

• That is stupid math. Let's say that Ramona would have to pay a combined federal and state income tax of 50%. She still would be making 50%. It makes the property an income property when she sells but she could make it up in rental income.  It is just dumb to make a decision based on taxes alone.
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How long until Beth sells that home and starts bawling about how torturous it is, packing and moving?

Choosing to move around a lot is probably not a good idea for someone as high strung as Bethenny. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

So let me get this straight - Sonja would rather wallow in her own filthy diaper on the Jitney rather than use the bathroom bus? What lucky passengers to share a bus ride with her.  OK Depends, Imma need y'all to hurry up and give Sonja a spokeswoman contract because she is living that life more than Lisa Rinna ever has.

article-2128431-128DBCB6000005DC-975_634 Get money bitch!

Screenshot (157).png

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Don’t assume because hers says Columbia and yours doesn’t means hers is better.  Gen ed classes are pretty basic, just more detailed of what you learned in high school. I’m not saying she wasn’t a good student, I’m sure she was.   We can assume she has at least average intelligence for accomplishing this.   

I think in fairness we can assume her intelligence is, like most college graduates, (at least) one standard deviation above the mean. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sadie said:

The Carol/Adam encounter was capital A Awkward. I don’t think he’s into her at all, he wasn’t really looking at her and could barely muster a word. If he was still into her he would have been more attentive and charming (as we saw with them early on in their relationship). 

This picture says a lot. Like we're done but there's cameras rolling and which camera is filming this? And just because he asked about "coffee" doesn't mean anything more than he might want coffee when his regular coffee shop is closed, not that she is his favorite or exclusive flavor anymore.  I have known people who have gone through horrible divorces/break ups and the man still has the nerve to ask about having coffee again or from time to time. I think Carole finally realizes this and has factored in her decision to switch to tea.

4EF2F12700000578-6041725-image-a-97_1533

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

This picture says a lot. Like we're done but there's cameras rolling and which camera is filming this? And just because he asked about "coffee" doesn't mean anything more than he might want coffee when his regular coffee shop is closed, not that she is his favorite or exclusive flavor anymore.  I have known people who have gone through horrible divorces/break ups and the man still has the nerve to ask about having coffee again or from time to time. I think Carole finally realizes this and has factored in her decision to switch to tea.

4EF2F12700000578-6041725-image-a-97_1533

Her hair looks really dirty there.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How long until Beth sells that home and starts bawling about how torturous it is, packing and moving?

As soon as it would appear that she will stand to make some bux.  Since the decor would never offer a hint that an 8 yr-old child lives there, I don't imagine that would be a consideration when thinking about pulling up those shallow roots.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I'm not crazy about the decor but that is a seriously nice house, both inside and out.  Not a bad investment considering Ramona purchased it 24 years ago for $875K and now Zillow shows it with a value of $8.3M.  

2 hours ago, kicksave said:

I read that Bethenny is trashing the other women and is boasting about her wealth and the fact that the other women aren't as wealthy as she is. Being nouveau riche suits her well.

What's that old saying about how money can't buy happiness?  

As for all the comments about how one or the other of the housewives are worse than the rest, let's face it, they've all demonstrated some pretty crappy* behaviors.  

*Thought it fitting to keep it in the theme of the episode.

• Love 12

So, did I mishear this or did Ramona say she got her piss-resistant carpet from "Jill Zarin"?

Also, it would have been totally appropriate to have called this episode Home Shit Home.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Heather, yesss! (And cutie John.) The highlight of the episode for me, of course.

Poor Heather...again only gets the Heather, Carole's Friend shout out.

That's done across the franchise whenever an ex-HW appears, as not every viewer is familiar with past cast members.

Between the boat trip, Bethenny complaining about dirty accommodations, and now, endless diarrhea, Columbia is probably thrilled the ladies visited there.

Fair or not, I know the last few episodes put me off on ever wanting to visit there (sorry, Columbia).

I'd happily live in Bryn's room.

I'm sure you'll have that opportunity when the place is inevitably put on the market, given Frankel moves more than her bowels.

Why did Dorinda act like an ice maker was some elusive purchase available to only a select few?

Ramona may be an awkward weirdo, but for Bethenny to suggest that she doesn't know what is involved in running a business is ridiculous. She had that Skinny Girl jeans launch months ago back in January, probably so it could be on the show, yet the last I heard the jeans won't be available to buy until September.  What's the difference?  

Word (to go old school). Not to mention, how come she only took an interest in how the jeans are produced after she had already launched the line and had a runway show? It's like she spins a wheel to choose some random item to slap her logo on, and then hopes for some semblance of the success she achieved with the diet booze. Not to say Beth isn't a good business person, but it seems pretty clear that her main profession and/or passion is being a celebrity.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 9

As usual, everyone has covered most of what I'd like to say. 

I would like to add that I HATE Ramona's redecorated house. I hate all-white everything. I'd rather live in a hospital. (Disclaimer: Over my loud objections, my husband has painted every room in our house cream with white woodwork. He said I could choose the colours for the bath and kitchen. The bath is pink and white. The kitchen is burgundy and green. He's not happy with either room, but I am.) I'm also not crazy about Bethenny's apartment, but at least it shows her style and personality, for better or worse. Ramona's shows no personality at all.

Even though I didn't really like her much, it was nice to see Heather again.

For Dorinda, of all people, to say Luann doesn't have self-awareness -- man, that's the most scorched pan on the shelf calling the kettle burnt.  (And, to judge by the preview, Dorinda goes on the drunken rampage again next week.) Also, this is the first we've seen of John, I think, this season. Too bad we even saw this much. I dislike him enormously, but I suppose he and Dorinda deserve each other. I'm on the record repeatedly about my dislike for her.

Edited by WordsWordsWords
Forgot to say something
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I'm also not crazy about Bethenny's apartment, but at least it shows her style and personality, for better or worse. Ramona's shows no personality at all.

I wonder if like the skin care line Ramona didn’t show the house before it’s pre-launch.  She got the big pieces but still has all the things that make it work, plants is one idea but how about just chairs at the kitchen island.  I will be willing to judge again after Ramona has a year there.

Same with Bethenny’s.  I know at the time she moved in she gave shout outs to a firm that ‘gets stuff done’ and a staging firm.  She’s already replaced a number of living room pieces.  So I think a lot of the furniture we saw was for now and she’s shopping as she finds time.  She’s also furnishing new office in the adjoining building that about 4 times the size of the last one.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, jaync said:

Why did Dorinda act like an ice maker was some elusive purchase available to only a select few?

Maybe Dorinda was pointing out to Bethenny that she has a dedicated ice location should Bethenny need to fling herself across some ice during a moment of hysterics?

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, jaync said:

My guess is not many people have the physical space in NYC to have something like an ice maker.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

While I didn't particularly care for Ramona's renos (though an update certainly was needed) I couldn't help think when Lu was making her snide remarks that at least Ramona didn't steal from her child(ren) to finance her home/renos. 

I really hope this is the last season that we have to hear Lu sing (badly) that horrible song, "Money Can't Buy You Class". It can't buy you the ability to sing, either. 

Geez, Carole can't even wear a tracksuit without looking ridiculous. I can't remember if I have noticed before how little chemistry there is between Carole and Adam. None. Nada. They look like and relate like they are an aunt and nephew. One thing that I did find interesting though. Several episodes back Carole mentioned (can't remember to who) that she would be hurt if Adam went out with someone else, even though they were no longer together. I think she called it disrespectful. That made no sense to me since they were not together. Then someone mentioned that Adam was dating someone that he had created 'sexy salads' with. There are lots of pictures on his instagram of this woman. They have also made some sophomoric videos together. So it all made sense when Carole made a reference to sexy salads when talking to Adam in this epi. It was a rather snide remark, so I took from that that the sexy salad lady is the one Adam was dating, and Carole was upset as Adam was working with her when he was dating Carole. Just a guess but it seems to fit. 

It was when she was talking to Tinsley in a store. First sighting of Tinsley in her french braid pigtails. Carole also said it would be a betrayal not just disrepectful. This is also the scene where Carole proceeds to pretend to not know what friends with benefits meant.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Which doesn't answer my initial question of whether she had actually said she got it from JZ or if I misheard her.

Can't help you.  All I remember is her saying is that though they looked much more expensive, they were under $1000 bux.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Can't help you.  All I remember is her saying is that though they looked much more expensive, they were under $1000 bux.

Maybe if she did get them from JZ, she wrangled herself a discount!

• Love 3