Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, jaync said:

If there's space for a refrigerator w/freezer, then there's space for an ice maker (within the freezer).

Yeah, designing exploitative photo ops of the child takes enough effort as it is.

Thanks, pasdetorois...that sounds like a more reasonable explanation for Dorinda's comments.

You would be very surprised to see how small our refrigerators are.  Mine has no room for an ice maker.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I am throwing a party for myself in the pizza parlor down my street because I am so proud that I walked around the whole park in one hour.  Required attire .. the pajamas you all wore last night in bed.  Parties for yourself are in.

Dorinda is either a drunken big mouth mess who humiliates everyone and hits below the belt.  Who needs a friend like that?  Then, she says she’s so sorry over and over again and tells you how much she loves you, your clothes, your house, your hair, everything.  She is so sickening and a phony.  She uses John and continuously talks about Richard, the love of her life.  She has become unlikeable.  She also spits out everything she has done for you since she’s known you.                               

Ramona’s house looks like it is staged.  No charm at all, and not homey looking.  Who is she kidding?  I like it better the old way.  It looks too sterile.  That dining room table .. yuk.  She’s going to put her antique glassware on that?

I love Luann.  I read her latest gig on Long Island wasn’t too good.  Her songs all sound the same, with the same beat.   What does she sing, about the three songs?  Next, Sonja taking her dress off.  WTF?  

I would be very surprised if these girls are friends in real life.

cant wait for the reunion.  Would have loved to hear what Luann had to say to Dorinda.  Or what anyone says to Dorinda.  Bethenny and Carole.  I’ll have to get catering.

I'll be there with a plus one with my Tinsley horn buns

giphy.gif

Fabio worked on a trophy for you for 4 days! He keeps practicing this one line  "Can we get together sometime and play with my stick of butter?"

Gem10 - what does he mean?

tenor.gif?itemid=8264539

On a side note,just to throw it out there. I know of late, Dorinda's venom has been aimed at Luann since the she's starting, you're beginning to turn remark. There is a possibility the reason Dorinda is so pissed is because post-rehab maybe Luann was drinking/partying in secret with Dorinda.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

She did indeed! No idea who she meant, though.

Ageless by Ramona just reminds me of Ageless Male... those natural “happy pills” they advertise.

I don't think she meant Topper unless Carole is implying he was emotionally abusive with his little uglies comment.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Far be it for me to defend Lu, but I believe one of the ladies brought the flowers for Ro.  I will second the poster who pointed out that Lu’s diarrhea ass was plunked right down on the island in the kitchen.  

Maybe LooAnn was adding a "Poop Of Color" to the decor. See LooAnn left Ramona a present too

• Love 5
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Tinsley specifies CC on her website and has been identified as a “CC ‘98” in various news articles. 

I guess it is true then, but it puzzles me.  She’d be so out of her element, I wouldn’t even think she’d be comfortable there.  

5 minutes ago, weaver said:

I guess it is true then, but it puzzles me.  She’d be so out of her element, I wouldn’t even think she’d be comfortable there.  

How do we know though? I get that she's got the airhead personality down, but I don't think we have any evidence that she could never perform well on an academic level. Her fancy boarding school was probably good preparation for college and a lot of people can do well in certain subjects provided they're interested in it enough.

• Love 10
Just now, WhoaWhoKnew said:

How do we know though? I get that she's got the airhead personality down, but I don't think we have any evidence that she could never perform well on an academic level. Her fancy boarding school was probably good preparation for college and a lot of people can do well in certain subjects provided they're interested in it enough.

E4KG.gif

• Love 12
12 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

my friendly backyard raccoon was resting on the cat bed by my back window, patiently waiting for me to stir and play her current favorite TV show.  It's uncanny how she seems to sense it is Thursday morning - it must be a case of Radar Love.  Sadly, she was unable to finish the episode, as her partner in crime showed up and tried to clamber up on the perch to see what all the fuss was about and dislodged her,

Please tell me that their names are Little King Trashmouth and Diablo! 

• Love 2

Ramona's house looked too sterile.  I paused the Before & After of the kitchen, and I switched between them a few times.  I like the Before much better....more character, more color.  Yes, I get that solid surfaces are in, but it was too much white.

Her whole house had that sterile, color-less feel.  Looks like Realtor staging to me.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was using the show as a way to show it off before putting it on the market.  

I could see her downsizing, a la Luanne, and buying herself a smaller house in the Hamptons.  I wouldn't want to rattle all around, alone, in something that size.

I recently watched RHNY from the first episode, as I hadn't started watching until Heather arrived.  Ramona and Mario used to throw these huge parties, play loads of tennis, have tons of friends in their pool.  It's sad, but that's divorce....hey, I've been there....and Avery is off to college now, so it just "looks" lonely, even with the other housewives there.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

That's a lot of ice!!  So you're saying that Bethenny apparently has so many friends that come over that she needs a heavy duty icemaker, thus making her 'I walk alone' mantra a complete and total lie?  Bwah!  ;) 

Maybe she has those meltdowns panic attacks on a regular basis and needs all that ice to lie across

Edited by SweetieDarling
it's lie not lay, right?
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Ramona's house looked too sterile.  I paused the Before & After of the kitchen, and I switched between them a few times.  I like the Before much better....more character, more color.  Yes, I get that solid surfaces are in, but it was too much white.

I agree on too sterile.  I think her New York apartment looks too sterile too after the renovation.  But I find a lot of the modern decor in general too sterile.  

Am I the only one that hated Beth's bar? I hated the art in the back and just thought the bar itself looked tacky compared to the rest of her apartment that I loved.

• Love 7

I like Tinsley, and I think she's kind and sweet. She doesn't strike me as stupid and I don't understand why people are bashing her accomplishments. UNC Chapel Hill is also a really good school. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree on too sterile.  I think her New York apartment looks too sterile too after the renovation.  But I find a lot of the modern decor in general too sterile.  

Am I the only one that hated Beth's bar? I hated the art in the back and just thought the bar itself looked tacky compared to the rest of her apartment that I loved.

Agree, the bar looked tacky. Like something Beth, herself, would make fun of because it's so 90s looking. 

I didn't like her apartment at all. I don't like her taste. It didn't look comfortable or inviting to me at all. More like a hotel lobby, or waiting room.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, BucFan said:

So Dorinda was only married to Richard for 6 years. I wonder if he hadn’t died, would they still be married or divorced today?  My money is on divorced. 

Wonder what his kids think of her?  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Once again, I woke up in the middle of the night to watch this episode.  And just like last week, my friendly backyard raccoon was resting on the cat bed by my back window, patiently waiting for me to stir and play her current favorite TV show.  It's uncanny how she seems to sense it is Thursday morning - it must be a case of Radar Love.  Sadly, she was unable to finish the episode, as her partner in crime showed up and tried to clamber up on the perch to see what all the fuss was about and dislodged her, so she missed Tinsley's alarmingly high pigtails.  I'm saving the episode, just so I can play it back for her and catch her reaction. (I suspect @KungFuBunny will provide the appropriate visual aid).   ;-)

The visual of this has me LMAO!  Does your friendly backyard raccoon have a name?  Do you thoughtfully give her a cocktail or snack while watching?  Most important question, whose side is the raccoon on, Bethenny or Carole??  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'll be there with a plus one with my Tinsley horn buns

giphy.gif

Fabio worked on a trophy for you for 4 days! He keeps practicing this one line  "Can we get together sometime and play with my stick of butter?"

Gem10 - what does he mean?

tenor.gif?itemid=8264539

On a side note,just to throw it out there. I know of late, Dorinda's venom has been aimed at Luann since the she's starting, you're beginning to turn remark. There is a possibility the reason Dorinda is so pissed is because post-rehab maybe Luann was drinking/partying in secret with Dorinda.

I would buy this in a heartbeat.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

She has used the same/similar bar design before.  IIRC, it was one of the things that Fredrik strongly suggested she remove before showing/marketing her apartment on that silly show they did.

1 hour ago, babykin said:

I don't understand why people are bashing her accomplishments.

I have some ideas that will remain in my head.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She has used the same/similar bar design before.  IIRC, it was one of the things that Fredrik strongly suggested she remove before showing/marketing her apartment on that silly show they did.

interesting. 

I get the impression that show is one and done.  I think Bravo thinks people love Beth much more than they actually do.  She's had more failed shows that successes.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

interesting. 

I get the impression that show is one and done.  I think Bravo thinks people love Beth much more than they actually do.  She's had more failed shows that successes.

Popular thought is that the show has not been renewed.  Someone mentioned somewhere that it doesn't show up on their schedule for the next season.  No surprise there.

Yes, her successes, if we gauge them monitarily, have generally not been in her media ventures.  RHONY would be the single exception, and that is an ensemble effort.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8

We've seen three of Bethenny's condo reno efforts since her ascension to New Rich - they all look alike to me, including Brynn's bedroom, which at least usually has the saving grace of a soupcon of warmth...Need a story line, B?  Move and redecorate, all the while bitching about being sooo busy.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I was thinking more of her clothes, hair, general debutante vibe.  Its just not that kind of place.  And from the pictures we see at the Habitat for Humanity do, she projected the same image in those days.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

Please tell me that their names are Little King Trashmouth and Diablo! 

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

The visual of this has me LMAO!  Does your friendly backyard raccoon have a name?  Do you thoughtfully give her a cocktail or snack while watching?  Most important question, whose side is the raccoon on, Bethenny or Carole??  

I don't name "my" wild critters (besides, once they're fully grown, I have a hard time recognizing individual raccoons, possums, skunks & birds), but Mama raccoon responds to the clicking noises I make to call her for treats.  And no, she does not get her favorite snacks up on the cat bed - the raw eggs would make too much of a mess and the hot dog  smell would attract ants.  Also, the second she sees me approaching the back door she knows more food is coming, and climbs down quickly, so she can give my foot a little appreciative pat before standing on her hind legs and begging shamelessly.  :-)

Re: Bethenny v Carole.  Mama raccoon thinks Carole is boring as fuck.   HEE!

39 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't even like Tinsley and I would never downplay her education.  To me it's a big deal.  Graduating from university was so hard for me.  That is still the greatest day of my life.  I felt like I was being released from prison.  You never saw me so happy.  I still want people to congratulate me on that and it was 13 years ago LOL

Congratulations, @Ms Blue Jay !!!  I made you a banner AND a casserole, while dressed in a Tinsley cheerleader outfit, sporting alarmingly high pigtails.   (Just kidding; I think it is an amazing accomplishment that should be recognized and applauded.)    ;-)

• Love 11
21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

In photography, especially for baby pics, the parent is behind the camera person doing things to make the baby laugh. They should have asked Scott to appear behind the camera crew with a bouquet of flowers

Ha!  Reminds me of my mother's baby picture.  It was taken when camera flashes were literally, small combustion explosions.  I parked the image on an obscure Reddit sub, and it ended up going to the top of the front page.  One of the comments pointed out that parents would wear black gloves to keep the baby upright, an interesting detail that I hadn't noticed....

wide eyed mother.jpg

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 21
On 8/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, queenjen said:

Lu going in on Ramona's house, that was some vitriol. But if anyone has earned it, Ramona has. Lu's places always look warm and cosesy. Her description of Ramona's as 'cold' literally represents the other end of the spectrum personal choice wise. I'm kind of with her though. Lu lives/lived in the Hamptons, Ramona visits. All that white and high ceilings in winter would be nightmarish. Ramona described it as a 'transitional' look made me snort my tea. Oh lord, this woman. She's heard that somewhere along the line and she thinks it is a thing. 'Transitional': like a doctor's waiting room? Like a bullet train stop? Nailed it Ramona. You're truly a maven of the Transitional School of Interior Design. 

In her heart of hearts Ramona is a blue eye shadow girl with giant hair hanging out at the mall. I don’t think any of the high end stuff she owns is her “taste” so it always looks like she opened up a random page of Stuff Fancy Ladies Like catalog and ordered an entire room. Her clothes have the same vibe to me. Luanne, for all of her many put on affectations, does seem to have a pretty good sense of taste and style. Her stuff always looks more personal and lived in. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I don't name "my" wild critters (besides, once they're fully grown, I have a hard time recognizing individual raccoons, possums, skunks & birds), but Mama raccoon responds to the clicking noises I make to call her for treats.  And no, she does not get her favorite snacks up on the cat bed - the raw eggs would make too much of a mess and the hot dog  smell would attract ants.  Also, the second she sees me approaching the back door she knows more food is coming, and climbs down quickly, so she can give my foot a little appreciative pat before standing on her hind legs and begging shamelessly.  :-)

Re: Bethenny v Carole.  Mama raccoon thinks Carole is boring as fuck.   HEE!

Congratulations, @Ms Blue Jay !!!  I made you a banner AND a casserole, while dressed in a Tinsley cheerleader outfit, sporting alarmingly high pigtails.   (Just kidding; I think it is an amazing accomplishment that should be recognized and applauded.)    ;-)

Awe.  I had a good friend who lived in a mountain area and a mama raccoon brought her babies to his house every year.  He fed them eggs.  I was there once for this egg festival.  It was hilarious!  I love raccoons but they also scare me a little.  They can turn on ya in a heartbeat!  I swear a gang of them were going to jump me one day at my parents.  There were about 20 of them (ok, maybe that is a Bethenny exaggeration but there were a lot of those little fuckers) playing on the stairs to my house.  I had to wait until they all left to get out of my car.  

I have something in common with Mama!  I think she is boring as well.  Not gonna miss her.

• Love 3
On August 9, 2018 at 3:27 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Btw, does Columbia have a night school?  Or maybe an online version?  OK, so Kelly & Tinz BOTH went to "Columbia"?  Or maybe Topper went there & she got the t-shirt in the divorce settlement?  Something doesn't seem right here.

http://undergrad.admissions.columbia.edu/ask/faq/question/2575

Admissions standards for the School of General studies are different than those for Columbia College.  IIRC, Kelly Bensimone also attended the General Studies program...so, yeah.....

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

http://undergrad.admissions.columbia.edu/ask/faq/question/2575

Admissions standards for the School of General studies are different than those for Columbia College.  IIRC, Kelly Bensimone also attended the General Studies program...so, yeah.....

But Tinsley went to Columbia College and graduated with a specific degree in Art History. Lots of superficial people and even crazy stupid people graduated from good schools.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, babykin said:

I like Tinsley, and I think she's kind and sweet. She doesn't strike me as stupid and I don't understand why people are bashing her accomplishments. UNC Chapel Hill is also a really good school. 

UNC Chapel Hill is an excellent school and very hard to get into...especially from out of state applicants.

• Love 12

I'm also of the mindset that graduating from college does not mean you are necessarily smart.  And seems her family was well off, therefore, white privilege can help even the dumbest get into great schools.  I don't get the vibe that Tinsely is dumb.  But I don't get the impression she's brilliant either.  I think she's sweet, seems to have a good sense of humor, but is vapid.  Maybe she has depth but we don't see it during the one hour show.  At the same time, she doesn't want to show anything other than her longing to be a "wifey" and not work, and her gleefulness over having a glam squad.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, babykin said:

Exactly. It's petty AF.

97.5% of what we all talk about here is petty AF.  I mean, think about it.  :-)

100% are sorry/not sorry.

I liked the big print in Bethenny's apartment that looked like it might've been a Bryn original. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Agree, the bar looked tacky. Like something Beth, herself, would make fun of because it's so 90s looking. 

I didn't like her apartment at all. I don't like her taste. It didn't look comfortable or inviting to me at all. More like a hotel lobby, or waiting room.

Agree 100%.  There is no warmth there. So sterile.  

11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Holy shit!!! Wow.  :( Taking it to the Bethenny thread now.  

• Love 5

I'm wondering why you think she wouldn't fit in? Plenty of debutantes and sorority girls at Columbia.

97.5% of what we all talk about here is petty AF.  I mean, think about it.  :-)

I get that, I just think there's no reason to bash her degree. There is plenty.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well... Both Beth and Ro's homes need a bit of color.  There's more to the color wheel than white, beige and grey.  Ro's living room could use a bit of a blue accent by picking up the blue in the painting.  Do those vases in blue and accent the couch with blue pillows and change the rug to blue.  It would make a world of difference.

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2016/2016-ny-slip-op-31959-u.html

Beth's homes all look the same.  Sterile with no warmth.  Accent colors do wonders to warm up a house.  Wow.  She has a special ice maker in that cold one aisle kitchen.  I've got a huge ice maker in my ridiculously expensive true built in refrigerator.  I'm good.   I had to replace it last year.  Nothing else would fit right.  Twelve grand.  And as others have stated, the space between the kitchen island and dining table was 'let me scooch sideways small'. 

Tinsley got a degree from Columbia.  Good for her.  I don't understand why some people are trying to discount it.  She did write a successful book and had a handbag line. 

Ro, love or hate her, has had a successful career.  And she got there many years before Beth.  Beth's biggest career changer came with the addition of a partner.  People sometimes forget that.  She didn't sell Skinnygirl to Beam on her own.  The rest of her career is about branding the name.  She's spent the last how many years throwing spaghetti on the wall and watches it slip down.  Good living?  Absolutely.  But she ain't all that.  She is limited....her talk show fail, radio show fail and most recently her flipping houses show fail.  I wonder how much that the failure of her show with Fredrick affected her this season because it was airing while they were still filming NY. 

Beth and Jeff Lewis decorate the same.  Very plain and the same three drab colors.  Lots of white/ grey marble too.

• Love 5
On 8/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, heatherchandler said:

I keep hearing that Dorinda looked so amazing when she visited Bethenney,  but I am not seeing it at all.  I do not think she is an attractive woman, ever.

I don't either. She looks good in some of the THs with the glamour lighting, but they all do. It's mostly her personality that I find unattractive though. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

In her heart of hearts Ramona is a blue eye shadow girl with giant hair hanging out at the mall. I don’t think any of the high end stuff she owns is her “taste” so it always looks like she opened up a random page of Stuff Fancy Ladies Like catalog and ordered an entire room. Her clothes have the same vibe to me. Luanne, for all of her many put on affectations, does seem to have a pretty good sense of taste and style. Her stuff always looks more personal and lived in. 

Yes! Luane can decorate for me any day. The first season Ramona was barely past the blue eye shadow and big hair. She had issues with age appropriate attire too. 

image.thumb.png.fb90aa0c705541943f945e0a6bb759fe.png

• Love 8
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

pitbull and raccoon.jpg

D'aww. I wish my murder dogs were that friendly with other creatures. The fat one is too scared and the old man is very crotchety. He is busy trying to get the squirrel that fucks with him and then runs up the utility pole or getting smacked with a pool noodle because he is barking at a stray cat in the middle of the night. He did turn into a giant pussy, though, when a deer wandered into our side yard.

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Both Beth's and Ramona's places look too sterile to me. I don't mind a neutral base, but I need more color in my life. My personal taste tends to prefer Lu's homes and Carole's apartment (both before and after). Sonja's townhouse has some beautiful bones (I love her bathroom) but is extremely outdated. I don't know if she'll ever get the rent she wants.

6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8264539

The greatest unsolved mystery of RHONY is that Fabio was apparently hot for Ramona back in the day. I require more details!

2 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

We've seen three of Bethenny's condo reno efforts since her ascension to New Rich - they all look alike to me, including Brynn's bedroom, which at least usually has the saving grace of a soupcon of warmth...Need a story line, B?  Move and redecorate, all the while bitching about being sooo busy.

I'm betting that she'll move again within two years. It seems like she is constantly on the hunt for the perfect place and she'll never find it.

1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

Ha!  Reminds me of my mother's baby picture.  It was taken when camera flashes were literally, small combustion explosions.  I parked the image on an obscure Reddit sub, and it ended up going to the top of the front page.  One of the comments pointed out that parents would wear black gloves to keep the baby upright, an interesting detail that I hadn't noticed....

wide eyed mother.jpg

The first time we took my youngest daughter to have pictures taken as a toddler, she had a complete meltdown. The only way we could get her to stop crying was for me to hold her against my shoulder. Fortunately, I was wearing a white shirt and didn't clash.

38 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Holy shit! My condolences to his family.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

This is sad news. I'm never happy to see someone die under these circumstances. My heart goes out to his family and friends -- even to Bethenny, who will no doubt have difficulty dealing with his death. For whatever reason, she never handles emotions well.

• Love 6