Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think there's anyway to know that the TH's were in the can except if Carole stated it.

Andy and others have explained that the THs are shot in one to two days, they are alone with the producers, no other HWs,  they don’t see the footage they are commenting on, the producers pose questions, some of them have said they feel the producers attempt to lead them into a certain directions.  Andy has said that the editing is both the THs and the event footage and that sometimes event footage might not have been used but they have such good THs on the event that they’ll use it.  And the reverse as well, some footage they think is great just ends up not being used because they have no way of editing it in.  So that’s how we know.  They all told us.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, b2H said:

At least there was no caterwauling from anyone.

I don't dislike Tinsley but every time she opens her mouth, caterwauling commences.  Ugh. That voice.  I understand why Scott needs to take breaks.

4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Beth's was a touch more interesting, and nearly as austere as Ramona's.  To me, Ramona's looked more like a home that was staged to be a rental, which it is I guess.

Agreed.  Beth's was much more interesting and definitely more high end.  But if Moaner is going to use it as a rental, I don't blame her for using less expensive furnishings.   Dorinda kinda said about Beth's apartment the way I feel - it's fabulous, but it's not so much about the fancy furniture as it is about the amenities.  The closet, the windows, the make-up room, the closet, the elevator.  I died.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Andy and others have explained that the THs are shot in one to two days, they are alone with the producers, no other HWs,  they don’t see the footage they are commenting on, the producers pose questions, some of them have said they feel the producers attempt to lead them into a certain directions.  Andy has said that the editing is both the THs and the event footage and that sometimes event footage might not have been used but they have such good THs on the event that they’ll use it.  And the reverse as well, some footage they think is great just ends up not being used because they have no way of editing it in.  So that’s how we know.  They all told us.

Not quite sure about that.  IIRC, I've seen TH's with different length hair. 

I also don't know about 'They all told us'. 

Of course, they're usually alone with producers with no other HW's.  That's not always true because either Kyle or LVP popped up during a TH of the other. 

But whatever, agree to disagree.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

John: it so good to see you.  I am excited

Dorinda: Yes.  I am excited about my dresses.

Sums up that relationship.

That and don't be so generous at the talk show. We wouldn't want Doris to get less. Jeeze.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Agreed.  Beth's was much more interesting and definitely more high end.  But if Moaner is going to use it as a rental, I don't blame her for using less expensive furnishings.   Dorinda kinda said about Beth's apartment the way I feel - it's fabulous, but it's not so much about the fancy furniture as it is about the amenities.  The closet, the windows, the make-up room, the closet, the elevator.  I died.

They didn’t even show my favorite amenity, The laundry room, in NYC!  Huge sink, capable of a full dog bath.  And then all the luggage storage etc is in there.  Also the dogs crate, the water bowls etc.  She jokes that it is their en suite.  But just having a long counter for folding, a laundry tub to soak ones smalls etc.  And amenity inside your unit is really something you let go of in NY.

Oh,there is a terrace on that building that although probably shared is really spectacular.

• Love 16

I'm going to love the continued triumvirate of Bethenny, Lu and Sonja next season, with Ramona and Dorinda on the outs. They put their eggs in the Carole basket and she's leaving them high and dry. Maybe they'll leave in solidarity with Carole? (Bwah!) It's going to be fun watching Ramona and Doris grovelling next season.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, b2H said:

Good thing the finale is next week.

Half the cast isn’t talking to the other half.  Anyone notice that Bethenny interacted with maybe two cast members tonight?  At least there was no caterwauling from anyone.

There weren't any actual tears, but does Tinsley count? You know, she felt bad that she didn't feel bad.

tenor.gif?itemid=11999436

• Love 5

LOL at Ramona next week screaming at Bethenny about not supporting her party and how awful she was for not even acknowledging her pre-launch. Bethenny stares straight at her and says something like " I get that".  LOL.   

On another note WTF is a Pre-Launch party exactly? Is that really a thing?  So now we are having parties to announce that in the future there will be a launch? 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Does this company make Skinnygirl jeans or was this just an opportunity for Beth to get publicity - probably per her contract that it has to be promoted a certain number of times a season.

I can't find anything on line about it, but if SG jeans aren't made offshore, I'll eat my hat.  They're actually made or distributed by a company that has several clothing brands under their umbrella.  Never know what kind of deal she cut, but it almost sounds like a licensing deal more than anything.

• Love 13

Why would B go to Ramona's party? Ramona has gone off on B several times this year and is all up Carole's ass. Carole who has made it clear she can't stand B. B should have responded that she wasn't coming, but maybe she decided it would be healthier to have no contact. Not wanting to attend Ramona's pre launch and not responding didn't have anything to do with support ing women. B wasn't supporting a psycho who doesn't like her.

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, ryebread said:

At Byte Lab, when Lu was describing how awful and sterile and white Ramona's renovation is, she could've been talking about Beth's new place.

Then she goes on to diss Moaner's white, white kitchen.  Beth looked down and away like, "sounds like mine".  But you know Lu is going to sashay into Beth's kitchen and say, "This is gorrrrrrgeous.  The white is so chic."

I really didn’t like Ramona’s generic renovations.  I need some color in my life.  Beth’s was much better, but still too sterile for my taste.  

• Love 14
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Why would B go to Ramona's party? Ramona has gone off on B several times this year and is all up Carole's ass. Carole who has made it clear she can't stand B. B should have responded that she wasn't coming, but maybe she decided it would be healthier to have no contact. Not wanting to attend Ramona's pre launch and not responding didn't have anything to do with support ing women. B wasn't supporting a psycho who doesn't like her.

I love my Ramona but I have to agree with this and give it to Bethenny.

Earlier in the season, Ramona was walking Coco and on the phone with Bethenny.

Ramona already said those exact words to her - you know what Bethenny, you don't believe in women supporting women, You don't support women!..Click

So she shouldn't have been surprised that Bethenny didn't attend her event.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes I was thinking the same thing.  Why Ramona would you even want B there since all you do is tell anyone within earshot how awful she is?  Why do you care? 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Its as though  at the end of each season, Ramona does a "you're not empowering women, Bethenny" performance for her Emmy reel.

Yes!  And Ramona sounds kind of shocked each time.  There's something weirdly fake about Ramona's rants to Bethenny - maybe she over-rehearses her talking points, and that's why she repeats the same line with 5 different intonations.  She did mention earlier about how great it was to see Carole take on Bethenny, since she doesn't have the verbal skill herself. 

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn't see Carole as "butt hurt," but more musing how things have changed.  I think she gets it.

I agree.  Honestly, I believe both Carole and Bethenny are sad about their friendship ending....it hurts..

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

All I remember from Heather's time on the show was when Bethenny couldn't eat her dinner because there was fish in it and Heather freaked out and started bawling. I've never thought about her since she left and I don't miss her. Yawn.

that, plus something about meatballs. My most vivid memory of Heather was her storming in to someone's room, angrily pulling open the curtains while yelling at the women to get up.

we've seen her twice this year, and I did come across an article from 2016 in which she said she'd be open to returning to the show. Maybe she will be carole's replacement next year.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sawnya just said on WWHL, when discussing Ramona's renovation and Lu's dissing of same, that she thought Ramona's house looked...

...for sale. 

I lol'd

Well, "beige" is a good background when trying to sell/rent!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  Honestly, I believe both Carole and Bethenny are sad about their friendship ending....it hurts..

This.  All this other extra stuff is for the camera but at the root of it is just that it's hard to let go to something you thought was real.  This goes both ways. I'm not a huge Carole fan. I like Bethenny on my screen but wouldn't want to be friends with her.  That said, I think they are both going up extricating themselves from this relationship in their own way. Instead of just distancing yourself from that person like a normal breakup in real life they are forced to film together, go on trips together, eat and drink together.  During these periods things are said that probably wouldn't be said if they didn't have to be near eachother during this hard transition from close friend to not friends at all. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

we've seen her twice this year, and I did come across an article from 2016 in which she said she'd be open to returning to the show. Maybe she will be carole's replacement next year.

Is whatever the legal stuff with Yummy settled?  I thought she said something once about not being comfortable being filmed during that battle.

• Love 5
Just now, ButterQueen said:

Typical Bethenny.....she doesn’t really care about anyone else.

what was she supposed to say to her though? I'm so sorry I didn't call? 

I doubt B calls her for anything these days after the last phone call to Ramona ended with her Screaming at her about her lack of support of other women.  

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't dislike Tinsley but every time she opens her mouth, caterwauling commences.  Ugh. That voice.  I understand why Scott needs to take breaks.

Every time I see Tinsley, I'm drawn to those things that are supposed to be eyebrows...and that blank look on her face.

I see this

tenor.gif

• Love 8
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Is whatever the legal stuff with Yummy settled?  I thought she said something once about not being comfortable being filmed during that battle.

I have no idea, QuinnM. It's interesting that we've seen her twice this season though. 

Also, and unrelated to Heather... anyone remember the blind item about a reality show star who was only pretending to date men, but actually had a serious girlfriend? People speculated it was Radzi. And then tonight, when Adam asked Carole if they could get together for coffee sometime, Carole said she doesn't drink coffee anymore, she only drinks tea now, I thought I saw a "wink and a nod" kind of non verbal exchange between Carole and Adam.

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

If I were a woman in need, I'd rather have Bethenny on my side than Ramona.

100 percent!

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, Jel said:

that, plus something about meatballs. My most vivid memory of Heather was her storming in to someone's room, angrily pulling open the curtains while yelling at the women to get up.

I don't think so, it's been commented on both times that Heather doesn't even get first and last name billing when she comes on, she is simply Heather, Carole's friend.

I didn't find her that interesting the first time around, so I'm unsure what she'd bring to the show. Well, there was common sense, which most don't have.

I think Carole brought Heather in in order to bash B with a new person on camera, as a kind of backup, and because it appears she gets off on bashing B since every single scene is about B, except Adam, which looked like a carefully crafted scene by Carole to make it appear she is over Adam and the ending was her choice.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

what was she supposed to say to her though? I'm so sorry I didn't cal

Someone actually asked her that on twitter.  Saying, you could at least have called with regrets.  And this is what Bethenny responded:

It doesn’t exist. And as a business woman, I am done allowing people to pretend business is easy or have pretend parties to launch products that are fairytales. Watch cartoons if you want fantasy.

• Love 21