Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I agree. It’s actually quite sad. He tries to keep the peace with her, but she is always finding something wrong with his actions. I still think Angela was dead wrong for slapping him in the market. 

Grangela kept complaining that Michael wasn't trying to teach her anything about his culture.  She didn't hear "Calm down, baby."  "Cover up more up top."  "Don't wear so much makeup."

?????????

And is she blind and deaf and can't see how the other women OF HER AGE are behaving?

ETA:  I found this article in just the amount of time it took me to type Smoking in Nigeria into Google.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I find it hard to believe they even have a decent sex life. They can’t agree on anything! I feel like 90% of their sex life involves bickering and the other 10% actual sex.

I envision lots of coitus interruptus accompanied by cries of "This is madness!"

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

So Ricky flies to Colombia with the intention of asking Melissa to marry him, but then Noxema becomes his love interest and then he needs to "vet" her to make sure she's not just in it for the money? Was Melissa going to get vetted? I didn't hear that mentioned. 

Good point, more and more, Ximena looks like a "distant second" rather than the original "Plan B."

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"I called you 'Melissa' because that's the name of a producer" like Ximena isn't going to find out.

So........Ricky can't even come up with an excuse that makes sense.  Melissa the Producer or Melissa the sexbot.  Ricky, all your excuse tells Ximena is that you were thinking of someone else while doing the deed.  My heart goes out to Melissa the Producer if there is one.

• Love 7

In that short introductory segment where the couple stands together posing with their names, ages and hometowns listed, Angela is wearing a colorful, blue and white Nigerian dress. She looks so much better in that than in her trashy, low cut, tight, double knit, slashed, and ripped t-shirts and leggings.  I know. It's still Angela, but that dress does enhance her appearance. Why does she bitch and moan constantly about the Nigerian clothes, the food, the culture? If and when Michael gets to Georgia and sees Angela's mobile home I think he's in for a big surprise. That's not what he is expecting at all.

Ricky has to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, fools that has appeared on any season of this show. He was madly in love with Melissa but had never met her in the flesh. He arrives in Colombia and she ghosts him after meeting him for dinner the first night. Now he's falling in love with Ximena, his Plan B, who he has already sent $1,500 to before arriving in Colombia and while still professing his undying love for Melissa. Huh? In my opinion, Ximena is prettier and less plastic than Melissa. When Ricky said Ximena had a nose job I thought there sure is a lot of plastic surgery going on with these women and Ricky is funding it. He wants to be in love so badly it doesn't matter who it is or how they are playing him.

By marrying Paul, Karine is entering the House of Doom. Will she ever escape?

I used to think Darcy was being gaslighted by Jesse. Now  I think she is gaslighting him. They're both driving each other crazy. Her poor kids. They don't deserve any of this. Darcy, think about your daughters. It can't be good for them to see you acting like this.

Tarik is being played by Hazel but he's not entirely blameless in this situation. Tarik continues to make bad fashion choices.

Could Rachel's engagement ring be any more fake? Cubic zirconia, moissanite, glass?

Edited by Matty
  • Love 8

Angela, Dean - sorry, but the epitome of the loud, brash Ugly American abroad.  No respect for their surroundings, no cultural sensitivity and no real sense of being a guest in a foreign land.

Angela:  Pipe down.  Pipe down I say and learn a little about Michael's country and culture.  Yes, it is hot isn't it?  Wear respectful and respectable clothing.  Oh, and pipe down.

Dean:  don't raise your voice and sound like you are having an argument or giving holy hell to your brother in public.  Be mindful of your surroundings and respectful of the people around you.  This isn't your kitchen table.  Imagine what those people on the street were thinking when he was going at Tarik (or even the people in the bar the night before).  I would have called the cops because I would have been afraid a physical fight was about to take place.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Grangela kept complaining that Michael wasn't trying to teach her anything about his culture.  She didn't hear "Calm down, baby."  "Cover up more up top."  "Don't wear so much makeup."

?????????

And is she blind and deaf and can't see how the other women OF HER AGE are behaving?

ETA:  I found this article in just the amount of time it took me to type Smoking in Nigeria into Google.

I did a quick search on Google, and in Nigera, 17% of the men smoke and that number is on the rise. Approximately 1-2% of the women smoke, and that number is on the decline.

As if Angela didn't look out of place enough already, on top of everything else, she had to make her presence felt as a sweaty, glistening, smoke breathing dragon! Forget that she's a blob on two stilts, that personality of hers is just plain rotten. I hated the way that she was treating Michael. She was loud, rank and abusive ~ and she justified her bad behavior. She had more than enough clues that her vulgar, sexual antics were completely out of place in polite conversation there, but she just didn't care. She refused to see reason with him because she felt like she didn't have to. She kept telling him, "Be a man. Be a man." Even though, she knew full well that the moment he asserted himself, she was going to squash him down and make more threats not to bring him to the United States. "I snap. I snap." She didn't just hold the keys to her country over his head. She dangled them right in his face constantly. Totally perfect and self-actualized, she wasn't going to stop smoking or make a single change for anyone or anything. When in Rome, Angela. When in Rome! 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Angela, Dean - sorry, but the epitome of the loud, brash Ugly American abroad.  No respect for their surroundings, no cultural sensitivity and no real sense of being a guest in a foreign land.

Angela:  Pipe down.  Pipe down I say and learn a little about Michael's country and culture.  Yes, it is hot isn't it?  Wear respectful and respectable clothing.  Oh, and pipe down.

Dean:  don't raise your voice and sound like you are having an argument or giving holy hell to your brother in public.  Be mindful of your surroundings and respectful of the people around you.  This isn't your kitchen table.  Imagine what those people on the street were thinking when he was going at Tarik (or even the people in the bar the night before).  I would have called the cops because I would have been afraid a physical fight was about to take place.

Angela reminds me of Nicole who learned nothing about Morocco and slept most of the time she was there... no doubt dreaming of opportunities to kiss Azan's shoulder.

Dean was absolutely chomping at the bit, wasn't he? Yes, Hazel is using Tarik. Now because you opened this can of worms, your dumb brother is going to give her another $80 so she can go back to her "ex" boyfriend's place and enjoy some really good sex before she has to go to the States and marry your brother.

She doesn't want to answer questions about her love life on television because it's all shady A.F., but Dean, if you're going to get mad at anybody, get mad at Tarik. He's the one bringing this woman home to his autistic daughter. He's the one choosing a stepmother with his dick.

Dean looked like he was going to explode! Anger problem, much?

I really think this marriage will happen because each one has something that the other wants very, very much. There's nothing that pugnacious Dean can do to break up this unholy alliance so he might as well make the best of a bad situation and get to know Hazel. Be her friend. There's nothing to be gained by acting like an a$$hole.

• Love 10

Ricky is the biggest cad and his story keeps changing. He tried to make the viewers believe he just started talking to noxema but instead he has been sending her money long enough to believe she may have had plastic surgery (that she is 100% healed from) with it? This makes me wonder how many women he was actually talking to and sending money to in total. Hedging his bets. If #2 didn't work out he would have kept going down the list. 

Pole probably made a practical choice with his suit and got the Teflon coated one. That thing looked spill and rain proof, maybe had built in mosquito repellant too. Even watching that wedding made me depressed. Karine looked like she was about to walk the green mile with her mother as a witness. The entire room looked like they were lined up to witness an execution. This makes 2 episodes with her poor mother either crying or barely holding it together. How could even a ticket to America be worth that?

Edited by PinkFlamingo
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"I called you 'Melissa' because that's the name of a producer" like Ximena isn't going to find out.

When I heard this, I went numb at the stupidity. You're on TV. If she doesn't see the show, someone she knows will see it, and tell her the truth. Shoot, someone will make it their life's mission to find out how to contact her and tell her about Melissa. What an idiot.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Abusive textbook bullshit,

I thought the same thing when she told him, "You make me behave this way." Isn't that what abusers say to their victims? I got really turned off by that. I'm sure Michael could find some nice woman here in the US who would be interested in his culture, not be 'loud and wrong' as we say, and have an interest in helping a brother become a business man. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Jesse sucks...Ricky sucks...is there anyone not horrible this season?!

Ximena?  I like her so far.  She was quick to respond to Ricky’s interrogation, and had enough dignity to be offended, without coming across as shady like Witch Hazel.  

Personally, I’m offended for Ximena when Ricky Dicky insinuated she didn’t have money and needed his.  Did she say she was broke and attempting  to harvest the American dollar, or is that how Ricky Dicky heard it since he was already in that mindset and sending money to Melissa?  What makes him think she didn’t have the money for the surgery if she had insurance, or that she’s poor just because she lives in a small town? Bless her heart if she had a deviated septum.  If you’re so worried about where the money is going, don’t give it away jackass.  

• Love 12

Did anyone see the part when Darcey and Jesse looked like they were going to laugh? I think Jesse was throwing his luggage out the front door and Darcey was sitting at the table.

Then Jesse explaining how if he hadn't dodged the shoe, he wouldn't be sitting there to do the interview, my god. I really wish the cameras were there to catch that on film.

• Love 2

Speaking of Tarik & Hazel (and we were, right?) did anyone else catch Hazel calling Dean "rode?"  I remember when Jenny & Larry were on, he couldn't understand what she was trying to say when he wouldn't each the lechon, and it turns out that she called him "rude" but it came out sounding like "rode."  I have never heard that particular accent like that before, and did a double take when I heard it coming out of Hazel.  "He's rode."

• Love 3
19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

(snipped for length)

Gotta say, gun to my head, I am team Jesse AT THE MOMENT.  Darcy just won't shut the hell up EVER.  I hate people that interrupt and talk over and can't let anything go.  Pretty much drunks.  Right now the ball is in her court and she still looks like an idiot.  Jesse swinging with her sister would crack me up.  Getting my ticket for the train to hell.

I have to say, I'm team "Get The Hell Off My TV Already, Both Of You!"  Jesse and Darcy deserve each other.  Jesse is trying hard to play grown up, and Darcy is playing the female victim to the hilt.  Would some burly man rescue her from that monster, Jesse, already?  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Dean looked like he was going to explode! Anger problem, much?

I really think this marriage will happen because each one has something that the other wants very, very much. There's nothing that pugnacious Dean can do to break up this unholy alliance so he might as well make the best of a bad situation and get to know Hazel. Be her friend. There's nothing to be gained by acting like an a$$hole.

Dean is one of those people who has to live everyone else's life for them. And gets mad if they don't do what he thinks they should do. I have a friend like this and it has made for some very difficult situations over the years. She's bossy and overbearing at times and gets angry over decisions that other people make that are none of her business. It doesn't affect her. She just has to be right. Dean probably bullies everyone in his orbit and has an opinion on how everyone should be conducting their lives. Mind your own business Dean! 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, millennium said:

What heterosexual male knows that the spiked heel flying at his head is a Louboutin?   Or even what a Louboutin is?

The kind that's dropped $800 on a pair at NM on Black Friday. But typically this doesn't result in said Louboutin flying at his head. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dean is one of those people who has to live everyone else's life for them. And gets mad if they don't do what he thinks they should do. I have a friend like this and it has made for some very difficult situations over the years. She's bossy and overbearing at times and gets angry over decisions that other people make that are none of her business. It doesn't affect her. She just has to be right. Dean probably bullies everyone in his orbit and has an opinion on how everyone should be conducting their lives. Mind your own business Dean! 

I think Dean's presence in Manila is show shenanigans.   I have no doubt 90 Day Fiance picked up the cost of his flight, lodgings, etc., so he could be there to cause trouble.   His presence is about as realistic as Michael innocently ordering stuffed hooves for Angela.   It's all orchestrated.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I want Jesse and Darcy on my screen all fucking day long!  I could watch a reality show of just them and their stupid arguments.

Me too. I seriously laugh out loud at Darcey's facial contortions as she "cries" and at Jesse's lame attempts to come across as the mature, sane one. They are both 12.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I agree. It’s actually quite sad. He tries to keep the peace with her, but she is always finding something wrong with his actions. I still think Angela was dead wrong for slapping him in the market. 

And her foul mouth in public is wrong!  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, kewpiedolls said:

Did anyone see the part when Darcey and Jesse looked like they were going to laugh?

Jesse LAUGHING? I have seen absolutely no evidence that he has a sense of humor or has ever laughed at anything. He barely cracks a smile and always looks stern and humorless. 

• Love 14

Do y'all ever wonder, as I did during last night's show, what the producers on-site are thinking as these train wrecks evolve?   Does nobody in the Brazil crew want to say to Karine "You don't have to do this, girl, it will work out really badly for you -- Get back on Brazil-Cupid whatever and find somebody else"? .. Or, ditto to whoever is chaperoning poor little Hazel through this mess?   She knows her way onto the web site and how to work it - 

Wouldn't anybody with a conscience see how things are and want to save these poor people?   I just wonder if they have any pangs of conscience at all.  Or, if they just go back to their developing rooms (or whatever) and chortle "Wow, that's some great TV!"  

I wondered, too, when Jesse keeps walking away and then (with minimal sincerity) declaring as he returns (again) "But I love her with all my heart" --  Does his contract require a certain number of episodes and he can't walk out?   Or maybe he thinks continuing coverage will be good for his Life Coaching / modeling business?   As if.

And about any moral standards at all, several comments today about the criminal records of such a high proportion of these participants (Jon, Pole, Angela, and Darcey) make us wonder:  What is the network's policy on that, exactly.   Maybe they figure it's like 'Catfish' -- a series of good object lessons.  

High moral tone aside -- Yet, here we are again.  So ashamed.   

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why are there so many damn commercials???? This has to be the cheapest show to produce.  Airfare, hotels, etc., for camera crew and I don't know how much the participants get paid - not much I would think.  But every 5 minutes there's commercials!!

This franchise is TLC's cash cow.  I have a feeling it's responsible for 60% of their total revenue and make up for underperforming shows like, "Counting On" and "Outdaughtered."

• Love 9
6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:
6 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

I really thought they would save a seat for his mother's hairbrush at the wedding.

Nah, I bet Paul made Karine tuck his mom’s hair into her garter belt, so she could be right there for the wedding! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I think Dean's presence in Manila is show shenanigans.   I have no doubt 90 Day Fiance picked up the cost of his flight, lodgings, etc., so he could be there to cause trouble.   His presence is about as realistic as Michael innocently ordering stuffed hooves for Angela.   It's all orchestrated.

Agree.  Especially since all three of them were wearing brand new Taal Volcano t-shirts.  Seems they all must get along enough to go to a tourist site together......

46 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Wouldn't anybody with a conscience see how things are and want to save these poor people? 

You've never watched unREAL have you?  Probably the only thing more despicable than the show participants are the show producers.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Horrified said:

You've never watched unREAL have you?  Probably the only thing more despicable than the show participants are the show producers.

Oh heavens, you've sent me off to watch another side-site.  I shudder to think.  This sounds really awful.  But, I think, thank you ..

• Love 2