Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Horrified said:

You've never watched unREAL have you?  Probably the only thing more despicable than the show participants are the show producers.

LOL, I immediately thought of unREAL when I originally read the line you quoted above.   I could only bear the first season of that show.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Apologies if this has already been pointed out, but did anyone notice Paul's hair the (so-called) day of the wedding when he work Karine up?  He basically had a buzz cut.  On the way to (and at) the ceremony however, his hair was long.  Me thinks TLC is mashing clips and trying to create a story line that isn't necessarily there.

Just noticed... yup... it's already been brought up

Edited by oorangeccrush
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Jesse LAUGHING? I have seen absolutely no evidence that he has a sense of humor or has ever laughed at anything. He barely cracks a smile and always looks stern and humorless. 

Agreed. I think those two were genuinely tormenting each other.

What really surprised me was Jesse crying when Darcey said she was done with him. For one thing, we all know she's not really done with him. Also, I was just really surprised that the dude was emotionally invested at all because he seemed to just hate her, but when she said that his tears flowed and flowed quite easily.

Amazing that these two are too dumb to quit each other. I think the sex must be amazing.   Darcey probably does anything and everything. Most likely a three input woman.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dean is one of those people who has to live everyone else's life for them. And gets mad if they don't do what he thinks they should do. I have a friend like this and it has made for some very difficult situations over the years. She's bossy and overbearing at times and gets angry over decisions that other people make that are none of her business. It doesn't affect her. She just has to be right. Dean probably bullies everyone in his orbit and has an opinion on how everyone should be conducting their lives. Mind your own business Dean! 

I just dropped a friend like this too.  So mean!  

1 hour ago, JasonH said:

39DCB207-35BF-4E26-A8CC-35D631EED086.jpeg

I am declaring you the winner!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I agree. Last week when she nattered endlessly about "cutting it (the steak) on a bias...that's how my kids like it...I worked in a restaurant, I know, you have to cut it on a bias," was something. Even when everyone had left and she was hacking away at that steak, she was still muttering about it. I feel sorry for those kids, can't imagine what they have to put up with and what they've witnessed so far. 

I think Darcey lies a lot too. It makes no sense that she put her cold toes on Jesse's shoes (as she claimed). Who does that? If your feet are cold, people put a pair of socks on, they don't put their feet on top of someone else's shoes. Her story makes no sense, and in this situation, I actually believe Jesse when he said she stomped on them. Again, he was being overly dramatic about it, but to me, her story didn't add up and I think she was just making it up as she went along and came up with a pretty lousy excuse as to why there was a mark on his shoe. 

I believe Darcey would do something like put her feet on or in Jesse's shoes just because of the way she scrunched up next to him in the car for the "You elbowed me" scene. 

She gives off a vibe like she'd crawl inside him if she could. Funny that that happened when there were no cameras around. 

• Love 8

When Dean asked hazel if she was gonna be able to satisfy his brother in the bedroom( however he worded it) my jaw hit the floor I wanted to come threw the tv and slap him for her... like who says that to anybody?!!  She should’ve at very least flipped him off and walked away, the guy is way out of line with his questions..?

On another note when she was saying money money money money the look on tariks face was oh shit.. I’m not gonna be able to eat on the flight home, I think he’s broke as shit... she will realize that ticket to US is sooo not worth it, being with someone she’s not attracted to and living a bare minimum life...

Ricky is just a Wallet and he sets it up that way, if I were His girl I’d just introduce him as my “Wallet”.  He’s another Jorge he shows love with money and then it will become an expectation. It’s his problem. 

I have literally never witnessed more immaturity then Darci and Jesse... it’s absolutely insane. I’d say dump these clowns TLC there a shame to the human race...

angela is definitely trashy but she does get to the point and really dig in to make sure this is legit... I think she’s actually onto micheal more and more..

I wasn’t really buying the pregnancy rumors about Karine but more and more I think she might be... but it could be the fancy editing

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I believe Darcey would do something like put her feet on or in Jesse's shoes just because of the way she scrunched up next to him in the car for the "You elbowed me" scene. 

She gives off a vibe like she'd crawl inside him if she could. Funny that that happened when there were no cameras around. 

Could see putting cold feet on top of someone’s warm bare feet. My mom would walk barefoot in the house and then curl up on the couch and stick her cold feet behind whoever was sitting there to warm them up.  I think Darcy wants to be cutesy and  romantic  and is using every stupid  thing she’s seen in her rom coms and Chick flics  go  try and create some fantasy of a relationship.  And it just annoys Jesse , as  he sees it as fake.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 10

I'd pay good money to see John beat the living $#@& outta mega gaslighting arsehole Jesse.

I'd like to shove my fist down his throat, reach up from outta his butthole, grab him by his ponytail,  then yank his entire head back up through his colon, large, and small intestines, lol

Darcy, you are theeeee most pathetic, insufferable creature in all of existence.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

She gives off a vibe like she'd crawl inside him if she could.

You mean like wear his skin as a coat???????????????????

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I'd pay good money to see John beat the living $#@& outta mega gaslighting arsehole Jesse

Put those two on stage together and it could happen! Sign me up!  Little baby boy wouldn’t know what to do if a man grabbed him, little punk imagine what he put his mother threw as a child/teenager

If both Jesse and Darci never opened there mouths, this is hypothetical question... if we had never heard there annoying voices I would actually look at them and think she’s too pretty for him. I don’t find him attractive one single bit... I don’t like any of his features or his skater hair.. I think he seems to think he’s an Abercrombie model but since day one I’ve found him uglyyyyyyy...

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mainer said:

When Dean asked hazel if she was gonna be able to satisfy his brother in the bedroom( however he worded it) my jaw hit the floor I wanted to come threw the tv and slap him for her... like who says that to anybody?!!  She should’ve at very least flipped him off and walked away, the guy is way out of line with his questions..?

On another note when she was saying money money money money the look on tariks face was oh shit.. I’m not gonna be able to eat on the flight home, I think he’s broke as shit... she will realize that ticket to US is sooo not worth it, being with someone she’s not attracted to and living a bare minimum life...

Ricky is just a Wallet and he sets it up that way, if I were His girl I’d just introduce him as my “Wallet”.  He’s another Jorge he shows love with money and then it will become an expectation. It’s his problem. 

I have literally never witnessed more immaturity then Darci and Jesse... it’s absolutely insane. I’d say dump these clowns TLC there a shame to the human race...

angela is definitely trashy but she does get to the point and really dig in to make sure this is legit... I think she’s actually onto micheal more and more..

I wasn’t really buying the pregnancy rumors about Karine but more and more I think she might be... but it could be the fancy editing

As far as Ricky being a “Wallet”,  I think you have something there. He sets himself up as a wallet in order to keep the ladies communicating and sending  pictures, allowing him to convince himself they really care. Then later when  things go sour suddenly he resents having sent the money.  Anytime money is exchanged before you’ve even MET, not just spoken to, or Skyped etc, but actually MET IN PERSON and gotten to know each other, there’s a possibility of a scam. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Mainer said:

Put those two on stage together and it could happen! Sign me up!  Little baby boy wouldn’t know what to do if a man grabbed him, little punk imagine what he put his mother threw as a child/teenager

If both Jesse and Darci never opened there mouths, this is hypothetical question... if we had never heard there annoying voices I would actually look at them and think she’s too pretty for him. I don’t find him attractive one single bit... I don’t like any of his features or his skater hair.. I think he seems to think he’s an Abercrombie model but since day one I’ve found him uglyyyyyyy...

Mainer, you and me both thinking Heil Meester is the ugliest dude to ever show his mug on television. I spied on his youtube channel; there's not one negative comment, only fawning & gushing. Do you suppose he deletes anything contrary to his "beautiful" view?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, millennium said:

What heterosexual male knows that the spiked heel flying at his head is a Louboutin?   Or even what a Louboutin is?

This guy. On both questions. Probably from experience.

71906A27-137A-4DA5-A4A9-B682A0A2C678.jpeg

Edited by JasonH
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Darcey probably does anything and everything. Most likely a three input woman

For the sole purpose of fishing for compliments. “I’ll bet nobody else does anything like that for you”

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chippings said:

Oh heavens, you've sent me off to watch another side-site.  I shudder to think.  This sounds really awful.  But, I think, thank you ..

You're welcome.  Just like Millenium below says, one season is enough.  But its verrrrrry interesting..........

6 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Speaking of Tarik & Hazel (and we were, right?) did anyone else catch Hazel calling Dean "rode?"  I remember when Jenny & Larry were on, he couldn't understand what she was trying to say when he wouldn't each the lechon, and it turns out that she called him "rude" but it came out sounding like "rode."  I have never heard that particular accent like that before, and did a double take when I heard it coming out of Hazel.  "He's rode."

Yes, I think we were, but it’s dificult to follow the convo with all the pictures, sorry...

Anyway, I don’t understand why TLC has to cock up their own shows, it’s like Bravo, they come up with an idea, and then they run it into the ground with unbelievable histrionics and over the top crazies. Right now, this shan’t one normally person, not even Ximena because I mean really, WHO comes to town to meet a rando from the internet and expect to marry the schmuck?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, gingerella said:

Paprika and Hazel...When Paprika's bro was yelling at her, her physical reaction appeared to me to be that of someone who's been abused, like a cowering dog. That made me hate TLC for putting people like her on this show. She thinks life will be better in America and she's willing to do whatever it takes. I dont see any attractiveness in her at all, she seems like a petrified zombie with serious psychological issues. But I feel sorry for her because she thinks Paprika and his bro are her only option. As for the $80 her ex owes her, that is a lot of money when you see how her and her parents live. Stupid Paprika should just GIVE her the fucking money so she has no excuse to contact ex anymore.  I found it telling how she doesn't seem to want him to touch her, except when she thinks she fucked up by saying she's in contact with the ex, then she reaches out to him...Paprika deserves whatever he gets, stupid maroon.

I agree, there's something really sad about Hazel that I haven't seen in any of the other participants. Even Kareeny, who's also in a desperate situation, had a decent spark in her eyes when this all began. Hazel is stoic and detached and like you said, looks beaten down. I have to wonder how much they get paid to be on this show, because if the wage situation in her country is an average of $10 a day then the salary for one season of 90 day fiance would likely be more than enough for her to dump this dude she has no interest in and try to hook another fish.

I hope that's what she does, but who knows. Just feels depressing as hell to see someone like that struggle through a relationship they're repulsed by.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I agree. Last week when she nattered endlessly about "cutting it (the steak) on a bias...that's how my kids like it...I worked in a restaurant, I know, you have to cut it on a bias," was something. Even when everyone had left and she was hacking away at that steak, she was still muttering about it. I feel sorry for those kids, can't imagine what they have to put up with and what they've witnessed so far. 

I think Darcey lies a lot too. It makes no sense that she put her cold toes on Jesse's shoes (as she claimed). Who does that? If your feet are cold, people put a pair of socks on, they don't put their feet on top of someone else's shoes. Her story makes no sense, and in this situation, I actually believe Jesse when he said she stomped on them. Again, he was being overly dramatic about it, but to me, her story didn't add up and I think she was just making it up as she went along and came up with a pretty lousy excuse as to why there was a mark on his shoe. 

She definitely stepped on his shoes to piss him off. He strikes me as the type who keeps his white shoes bright white and gets furious about scuffs. I don’t even know the man and I sense that. I find it hard to believe that Darcy wasn’t trying to push his buttons. And I feel quite confident that she threw a shoe at him with the intent to hurt him. Jesse is an asshole, but she’s very immature.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chippings said:

Oh heavens, you've sent me off to watch another side-site.  I shudder to think.  This sounds really awful.  But, I think, thank you ..

8 hours ago, millennium said:

LOL, I immediately thought of unREAL when I originally read the line you quoted above.   I could only bear the first season of that show.

Yes, by all means watch unREAL. But only season 1. Seasons 2 and 3 are pure, unadulterated dreck. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dean is one of those people who has to live everyone else's life for them. And gets mad if they don't do what he thinks they should do. I have a friend like this and it has made for some very difficult situations over the years. She's bossy and overbearing at times and gets angry over decisions that other people make that are none of her business. It doesn't affect her. She just has to be right. Dean probably bullies everyone in his orbit and has an opinion on how everyone should be conducting their lives. Mind your own business Dean! 

I had a good online friend like that. She was very bright and straightforward and could be unintentionally blunt. But she also had genuine wisdom and we shared lives of bringing up special needs children. I could tell she had few if any real world friends and she was always telling me how family members were dissing her. I knew our friendship only lasted because I knew not to take some if her brusqueness too seriously and because we lived about 3000 miles apart, lol. She passed away recently and I miss her very much. She had many endearing qualities, though. I would never put up with a jerk like Dean.

• Love 5

Regarding Rachel and Jon, I did some research on the requirements for him to obtain the K-1 Visa.

First, If she files form I-134 (sponsorship form), her income must be 100% of the Federal Poverty Level for a family of 4 (since they include Jon in her family size), which in 2018 is $25,100.  If she owns her home, the income level is even lower.  The USCIS filing fee is $535 and the embassy fee is $265.  Jon also must have a medical exam, I assume in the UK this would be free.

Regarding Jon's convictions, He can file form USCIS I-601 A Waiver of Inadmissibility.  From what I have read, outright denials would be given in cases of murder, drug trafficking and fraudulently trying to enter the USA on a prior occasion.  After this form is filed, they would meet with an official face to face, and show that he has been rehabilitated, and also that it would be a hardship for Rachel if he isn't granted approval.  Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.

According to an immigration attorney, they should first try applying outright, without filing the USCIS I-601, and if that is denied, THEN file the form for the waiver.  She will need an immigration attorney, so the cost of that should also be included in the above fees, unless she can find a pro-bono attorney.  There may be other fees that I have overlooked in my brief research.

Something interesting that I came across regarding denials, One reason for a denial is that the immigrating spouse or fiance does NOT SPEAK ENGLISH.  So, Karee-knee better start taking some classes pronto.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yes, I think we were, but it’s dificult to follow the convo with all the pictures, sorry...

Anyway, I don’t understand why TLC has to cock up their own shows, it’s like Bravo, they come up with an idea, and then they run it into the ground with unbelievable histrionics and over the top crazies. Right now, this shan’t one normally person, not even Ximena because I mean really, WHO comes to town to meet a rando from the internet and expect to marry the schmuck?

While it is not as bad as Married at First Sight because of the travel distance and different nation's visa requirements I think of most of the 90 day'ers as being in a self arranged marriages they picked off the internet instead of parents sending the future spouse over. Most can only make that once in a lifetime trip just that  a couple times in a lifetime. Is it a risk? Sure but studies suggest it is no greater than relying on romantic love and sexual lust with the person next door.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Mainer, you and me both thinking Heil Meester is the ugliest dude to ever show his mug on television. I spied on his youtube channel; there's not one negative comment, only fawning & gushing. Do you suppose he deletes anything contrary to his "beautiful" view?

Oh definitely! He has an ego a mile wide that’s why he can’t possibly think he’s ever done anything wrong and for Darci to point out any type of flaw puts him right off the deep end!  In his eyes he was born perfect.. ?

• Love 8

I did notice Hazel, Tarik and Dean all wearing the same t-shirts from a tourist attraction they'd been to - so they obviously had gotten along well enough to buy the t-shirt.  And then there's Pole's short/long haircut.  I've also noticed the level of liquid in glasses or food plates on or off the table at restaurants during filming.  Bits and pieces of conversations are obviously spliced together.  This show is being heavily edited to make us think a certain way when it's probably not like that at all. 

Most of these characters are larger than life fools anyway without all the manipulation by the producers and editing department.

Certain things are real of course.  Hazel is desperate to get out of poverty and Michael is realizing more and more what kind of hell he's gotten himself into.  And Jesse and Darcy are drama queens.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I did notice Hazel, Tarik and Dean all wearing the same t-shirts from a tourist attraction they'd been to - so they obviously had gotten along well enough to buy the t-shirt.  And then there's Pole's short/long haircut.  I've also noticed the level of liquid in glasses or food plates on or off the table at restaurants during filming.  Bits and pieces of conversations are obviously spliced together.  This show is being heavily edited to make us think a certain way when it's probably not like that at all. 

Most of these characters are larger than life fools anyway without all the manipulation by the producers and editing department.

Certain things are real of course.  Hazel is desperate to get out of poverty and Michael is realizing more and more what kind of hell he's gotten himself into.  And Jesse and Darcy are drama queens.

I notice things like that too.  Sometimes I feel like they're doing it intentionally to see if people talk about it.  For instance Darcy's two very different Talking Head's, one with full make up and the other with barely any at all.  She looks completely different yet the way it's spliced together she's supposedly talking about what's happening on screen at that moment.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mothra said:

And it's for Louboutins *only*.  You have to sign an oath. 

Apparently sole protectors are necessary too. A bit like Pole's swimming condoms.

The best way to keep Louboutins nice is to do what Pao did on 90 Day: Unhappily Married After and take the shoes off and carry them when you walk. Louboutins are best for sitting and crossing your legs so everyone can see the sole and know you are wearing expensive French shoes. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

This franchise is TLC's cash cow.  I have a feeling it's responsible for 60% of their total revenue and make up for underperforming shows like, "Counting On" and "Outdaughtered."

You mean if we stop watching 90 Day Fiance the Duggars will go away?  Promise?

12 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

She gives off a vibe like she'd crawl inside him if she could.

You mean like that fish in the Amazon that's after Pole?

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Apparently sole protectors are necessary too. A bit like Pole's swimming condoms.

The best way to keep Louboutins nice is to do what Pao did on 90 Day: Unhappily Married After and take the shoes off and carry them when you walk. Louboutins are best for sitting and crossing your legs so everyone can see the sole and know you are wearing expensive French shoes. 

It's so ridiculous isn't it?  Women pay a fortune for these shoes simply b/c of the red sole so it screams, "I pay a lot of money for shoes."  And then in order to protect the dead giveaway that you spent a lot of money, you can't actually use them.

And maybe it's me, but most of those shoes I think are tacky AF anyway.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm going to get red sole paint and make *all* my shoes Louboutins.  I wear a lot of Old Lady Shoes with low heels, and I'm going to get some with Velcro closures just to paint.  It's sort of like "I am Spartacus."

OMG, I love you

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JasonH said:

Darcey probably does anything and everything. Most likely a three input woman

The problem is she picked a femine guy and he’s probably grossed out or he’s like babe calm down I just broke a nail and it ruins the whole thing.. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

So Ricky flies to Colombia with the intention of asking Melissa to marry him, but then Noxema becomes his love interest and then he needs to "vet" her to make sure she's not just in it for the money? Was Melissa going to get vetted? I didn't hear that mentioned. 

I loved when Ricky was talking about Ximena and him making sure she's mommy material and then they flash Melissa and her bolt-ons in full display.

• Love 4