Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

This might be OTT, but I noticed a lot of people here mentioning "college funds". I wasnt aware that it was a thing to save for years to pay for college tuition and forego personal comforts/luxuries in order to do that. I may be in the minority but I think that it's kind of presumptuous to save for college when there are so many options:child may decide an alternative career route, child might get scholarships, community college, child may fail all their college courses, child might get a job during college to offset costs, or my favorite, child might get a useless degree and end up working as a server.  I think it kind of goes to show how society today is kind ofn"obsessed" in a way with our childre. ... I read an article about a woman who was forlorn because she only had $65 in her 2 year old daughters college fund. I know that a bunch of people will say ... "I have a college fund for ju child even though I put myself through school" ..  so apparantly YES it can be done, I did it ,my hisband did it, all my friends who are professionals did it etc. I just wish I could give a PSA to parents about saving for college when nowadays college is nothing but an "experience" to live with friends, party, drink, and take useless courses. The people who take career oriented programs (nursing, teaching, accounting. Law enforcement) tend to be self-motivated from my past experience.

Right on! My granddaughter is in her 1st semester, not taking any core courses, just dance theater. She's gone through all her grants, Starbucks & eating out, parking tickets. I'm sure she'll be back home soon. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Seriously. She never stops talking. I think there really may be something wrong with her. It’s almost manic.

I agree. Last week when she nattered endlessly about "cutting it (the steak) on a bias...that's how my kids like it...I worked in a restaurant, I know, you have to cut it on a bias," was something. Even when everyone had left and she was hacking away at that steak, she was still muttering about it. I feel sorry for those kids, can't imagine what they have to put up with and what they've witnessed so far. 

I think Darcey lies a lot too. It makes no sense that she put her cold toes on Jesse's shoes (as she claimed). Who does that? If your feet are cold, people put a pair of socks on, they don't put their feet on top of someone else's shoes. Her story makes no sense, and in this situation, I actually believe Jesse when he said she stomped on them. Again, he was being overly dramatic about it, but to me, her story didn't add up and I think she was just making it up as she went along and came up with a pretty lousy excuse as to why there was a mark on his shoe. 

• Love 16

This might be OTT, but I noticed a lot of people here mentioning "college funds".

I think what people mean, including myself, is that if Ricky has a large amount of extra money to send to strange women he's never met in foreign countries, maybe he should redirect that money to his kids or other family members. Or anything really besides trying to buy love and sex. I think what people are really trying to point out is how incredibly pathetic Ricky's behavior is. And I really liked Ricky in the first episode and was rooting for him. But he's shown his true colors. And what's even more disturbing is that Ricky has two daughters who will one day likely watch this, and may think this is how women get money and what women are worth. I would be horrified right now if Ricky was my kid's father. 

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was on Hazel’s side until she said that if Dean doesn’t like her, that could destroy her chances of coming to America.  At the very least, she could at least pretend to care for Tarek.  Oh to be a fly on the wall when he is watching this episode. 

Tarik is a simp and nothing aired about his Pinoy Angelina Jolie will deter him. He will just say it is show editing. 

Hazel said she makes about $10 a day so that $75 is a little over a week's salary for her.

Is Hazel religious or just her parents? She is a baby's mamma and was "living in sin" with a man less than 6 months ago. How do they reconcile that?

I don't see how Ricky's "Ximena used my money to get a nose job" narrative even makes sense. By his own admission, he didn't start texting Ximena in earnest until Melissa starting ghosting him which was about 2-3 weeks before his trip to Columbia. How does one get a nose job and heal completely in that amount of time?

I see now why and how Ricky's already been married 2x and he is working on his 3rd ex-wife.

Dr. Pimple Popper has a gold mine in Karine. 

Paul has his issues but Karine does come off like a lazy brat. 

• Love 19

Loved it when Tarik was trying to comfort Hazel and he reached up to move that janky piece of hair she uses to cover up her bald spot and she quickly batted his hand away and put it back. 

Edited by Cementhead
Because yanky isn't janky.
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Is Hazel religious or just her parents? She is a baby's mamma and was "living in sin" with a man less than 6 months ago. How do they reconcile that?

My thought exactly.  But now she has to do a dog and pony show for her parents about how Tarik's religious beliefs are lacking but he is accepting of hers, such BS. 

Tarik needs to think carefully before he brings his fetish home, let's his daughter get attached and then when Hazel runs off it may be hard for his daughter to understand.

3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Loved it when Tarik was trying to comfort Hazel and he reached up to move that yanky piece of hair she uses to cover up her bald spot and she quickly batted his hand away and put it back. 

Yup, she does not want him to touch her.  If that's not love I don't know what is!

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The daughter did it with such calmness that I got the feeling it's not the first time she's had to be a go-between between Mama and a current beau.

Yes, it's like the here we go again chorus for those girls.  Eye rolls, not really even trying to get to know any man that comes around because it won't last.  Those girls must have gotten indigestion from eating as fast as they could so they could get out of there.

Jesse saying he wasn't eating because he was just enjoying dinner with you two, totally dissing Darcy.  He is not really stealthy when throwing shade.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think her bags and bracelets are as real as her face.  Check this out.

I always thought so. That "Chanel" looked so cheap it screamed "vinyl" right through my screen. It was ill shaped and the quilting looked very shallow. The "Birkin" also seemed not to hold its shape whereas the original is very boxy and doesn't seem to have any "give" at all. They just looked to me to be very poor knockoffs.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jesse saying he wasn't eating because he was just enjoying dinner with you two, totally dissing Darcy.  He is not really stealthy when throwing shade.

Yeah and he turned Darcey down when she told him to eat one of those *S'mores cupcakes (where the hell did they come from?) because it was rude of him if he didn't have one, because 'You know me, Babe.  I'm more of a steak guy.'  And the greyer, the less cut on the bias, the better.

And when Darcey said she was packing everything up to send back with the girls, she packed up the mysterious S'mores cupcakes that came out of nowhere, whilst the lowly little Darcey-sized carrot cake stayed. 

*Did they actually refer to those cupcakes as S'more-flavoured or did I imagine that part?  I was pretty deep into the wine by that point, so...

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4

I certainly can understand parents' saving for their child's college/university education; some save for future weddings and cars,  no? I just contacted the university from which I have a Master's (in Education), to see if I could audit a 4-credit Fall course. Sure! For approximately $2,000 per CREDIT! Yeah,  no.

And it's not like the education-fund money disappears from the bank if the future student no longer wants or requires it.

But the parent,  let's call him "Ricky," is allowed to spend his own money on himself,  too. And for all we know,  Riki-Tiki-Tavi is multi-tasking money-wise. Caveat: Once given as a gift,  though, that money is no longer the beeswax of the donor. 

Darcy buys faux designer brands? I'd be more apt to mock her if she carried around the astronomically (Read: "ridiculously") priced real Birkin bag. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

This might be OTT, but I noticed a lot of people here mentioning "college funds". I wasnt aware that it was a thing to save for years to pay for college tuition and forego personal comforts/luxuries in order to do that. I may be in the minority but I think that it's kind of presumptuous to save for college when there are so many options:child may decide an alternative career route, child might get scholarships, community college, child may fail all their college courses, child might get a job during college to offset costs, or my favorite, child might get a useless degree and end up working as a server.  I think it kind of goes to show how society today is kind ofn"obsessed" in a way with our childre. ... I read an article about a woman who was forlorn because she only had $65 in her 2 year old daughters college fund. I know that a bunch of people will say ... "I have a college fund for ju child even though I put myself through school" ..  so apparantly YES it can be done, I did it ,my hisband did it, all my friends who are professionals did it etc. I just wish I could give a PSA to parents about saving for college when nowadays college is nothing but an "experience" to live with friends, party, drink, and take useless courses. The people who take career oriented programs (nursing, teaching, accounting. Law enforcement) tend to be self-motivated from my past experience.

We are putting aside money for our kids' college. They seem to be on that track. 

Worst case scenario is that they don't go, and they have the extra money to put into a house, a starter business, etc.

Or, they don't go and we need the money for some kind of an emergency and it's there because it has been set aside. I do think that they will go, however.

But you are correct that there are many career paths that don't involve college, many quite lucrative.

I know a woman who just bought a big house for $400K, and basically said to her 18-year-old, "You don't really want to go to college, do you?" He's a bright kid, but decided to become a mailman rather than amass a bunch of debt. Yes, I sound a bit judgy pants (so out of character for me here, right?), but I think when kids want to go, and parents can afford it, it's nice if they help out, especially if their parents helped them. (Her parents paid for her education in full.) Although if someone wants to go, it can be done without Mom and Dad's help, certainly. Not every parent can afford to help. My friend is decorating and landscaping her house while her 18-year-old son delivers mail. He could be applying for student loans if he really wanted to go. He's a bright kid! But it's a job he will always have. People gotta have mail, right?

My favorite true story is this guy in the Long Island area who was least likely to succeed in high school. He got a job at the local McDonald's. By the time of the 15 year reunion, he was the wealthiest one there, owning 3 or 4 Micky D's.

I would consider a sex vacation to Columbia not so much of a necessity. If he put that money away for his daughter she would have a nice start for whatever career path she chose.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

S'mores cupcakes

You mean those cute little Darcy size cupcakes? LOL.  Yeah, where did those come from?  I did see a bag of marshmallows on the over croweded counter earlier when they were cooking dinner.  You know production messes with time lines, timing, etc...maybe the girls made them whilst steakgate was happening and they were baking when Jesse was pouting on the porch.

I thought they were eating steak, steak that he cooked (rub or no rub, huh Darcy?).  He was just being a spiteful shit.

22 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Loved it when Tarik was trying to comfort Hazel and he reached up to move that janky piece of hair she uses to cover up her bald spot and she quickly batted his hand away and put it back. 

She seems repulsed by him.   She'll sleep with him eventually but she's not attracted to him. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

She seems repulsed by him.   She'll sleep with him eventually but she's not attracted to him. 

Did Tarik's brother actually ask if he was gonna be able to keep up with her? 

She will wait until he initiates. Then, she will lie there until it's over. No keeping up required for him.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

My favorite segment was Drama Darcey and Herr Meester: these two can be relied upon to dial up the dysfunction to 11. And deliver they did.

After he sternly refuses an offer of Rice-A-Roni, one of the daughters asks him "why aren't you eating?" (she'll grow up starting drama just like mom taught her) and Jesse answers, in an pretentious mixture of condescension and passive-aggression: "I just want to enjoy being with you TWO guys (mom deliberately not included)." Bravo Jesse, what you just said will definitely guarantee that the following moments will bring you a great deal of enjoyment, indeed.

Notwithstanding the fact that the steaks looked dry as hell, Darcey is still not done with cutting steaks on the bias to keep the fucking juices in, because god forbid those steaks would be less juicy, that would ruin everything! And we know how crucial "not ruining everything" is to Jesse. She must bring up again how she knows how her kids like her steak, like their whole world would fall apart if the steaks were as dry... as the steak they were actually eating. Why, Darcey just wanted to take the initiative for the steak too, since - sit down everyone - she and Jesse are a team.

Mother of The Year is told by the other daughter that the fight is childish, so she promises zip it, which is Jesse's clue to continue the fight by declaring "I'm not going to fight in front of the kids," after giving the sulky silent treatment like that's not a way of fighting, too.

image.png.b62ae777a3f701c12a4d9650cc8d6035.png

And now for something completely different:

"I'm not arguing"

"You are"

"Not I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"This is not an argument, you're just contrdicting everything I say!" OK I added this last one.

Now the daughter in Darcey-drama training pipes in to side with her mom "No you're not!" which inspires Darcey to display her best smug face. She hasn't got the last word on the steaks and can't Let. Go.  I'm not sure at this point what Jesse could respond to any of her steak comments for her to finally shut her trap - and I'm not sure if Darcey even knows herself. There is literally no goal in this argument, why is it even an argument? What is the prize here?

Jesse is no better. He angrily pushes back on dessert, but finds a creative way to put oil on the fire, announcing that he's a "steak man" and the steaks are ruined.  LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sorry it was a steak mishap."  FINALLY A CONCLUSION. It's a bit of a let down considering the expectations.

Daughter: "If Jesse wants to be a parental figure..." He does not. This is illusion. Who told you that he did? Never mind.

===========================

Then it gets better with LouboutinGate.

I do not believe a word of Darcey's account. If your feet are cold on hard wood floors, you put slippers on. You do not, ever, put your feet ON TOP of someone else's shoes to "warm them up" because no one in their right mind would expect that to do anything at all. I also don't believe "I threw it at the floor where you were standing" because that makes no sense either. If you want to throw your shoes at someone in anger, you don't aim at the floor.

I rather believe Jesse's claim that she stepped on his shoe as he was trying to put them on, because (1) that makes more sense and (2) that kind of ridiculous antic is par of the course with Darcey. We're not told what led to this; it was probably something extremely stupid, but we can guess that Jesse responded in an equally stupid way and was thrown a spike heel in the face.

In case you hadn't noticed, I must draw your attention to the fact that Darcey wears $1000 shoes, she'd want you to remember that.

"What's next, glass?" whines Jesse, who so desperately wanted an answer to this question, that he went back to her after a dramatic exit stressing that the situation was 911-worthy.

The follow up talking head didn't disappoint, with Jesse refusing to break up with her and demanding that she be the one doing it, self-importantly proclaiming something that meant "I am great, it's physically impossible for me to be less than great OH AND YOU JUST RUINED MY SELF-LAUDATORY MOMENT TOO! WORK ON YOURSELF!"

===========================

A word from Yoda: Perfect Eye Makeup Happiness Brings Not.

I love you @TOASTERSTRUDEL.  Your post was most succinct.

Darcy is not mentally stable a little bit.

Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

Did Tarik's brother actually ask if he was gonna be able to keep up with her? 

She will wait until he initiates. Then, she will lie there until it's over. No keeping up required for him.

And Tarik will think it was magical.

• Love 5

If I had spent $1000 on a pair of shoes, throwing them would never happen, not even sure I would wear them out of the house.

Darcy has money to burn on Chanel or Louboutin's and trips to Amsterdam but has to share a crowded condo with her (sparing partner), sister.  Those girls are sooo on their own. 

• Love 8

IMO, people, especially the contestants on this show, (they are contestants, right?) are too quick to downplay, overlook and ignore unstable and aggressive behavior. Darcy is a perfect example of someone that Jesse needs to watch out for.  Returning to someone when there has been that much aggression is quite risky.  He must not read much news or know anything about domestic violence. I'm convinced that his contentions and concerns were valid, but, that promises from production for his safety, due to the producers providing security, was the reason he went back.  I hope he stays safe.  I don't believe anything from Darcy's lips.  There are children in that situation and I hold the adults involved to a higher standard than others.

Another situation with children is Jon and Rachel.  Rachel, it's not all about what makes you happy or what is your dream love affair...It's about what is the BEST thing for your children and being safe and not in the care of a rage-a-holic might be a place to start. She must have little experience with people who have rage issues.  When you have the background of that many fights, like Jon has, something is wrong.  Investigate from a safe distance.  I'm surprised that she hasn't gotten a little dose of his temper by now.  Could be that he's keeping in under wraps until she has few options.  Without professional treatment, a person with rage, anger and violence issues doesn't just change, imo.  And to trust someone around your defenseless baby! OMG, she's delusional and naive.  Jon appearing nice on camera does nothing to convince me.  It takes much more than that to overcome a long history of abusive behavior. 

• Love 5

Another good laugh for me was when Dean asked Hazel if she was going to be enough woman for Tarik when they finally hit the sheets .... as she is so very obviously completely and utterly repulsed by him.  Yeah, sure, Dean.  She is going to rock his world!!  No way is she going to just close her eyes as tight as she can, go to her happy place in her head ($$$) and pray that it be over with as fast as possible. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, snarkish said:

What "fitty too" year old gives a shit about Instagram followers?

What makes you think she is mentally fitty-two?  

I think Tarik and Ricky think that the strippers at the club like them and keep dancing near them not just because they are giving them money.

Why can't we get the Ricky's, Tarik's, even the Angie's and the like all in one room and let them compare notes, would there be any revelations or more delusions?

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

image.png.b62ae777a3f701c12a4d9650cc8d6035.png

And now for something completely different:

"I'm not arguing"

"You are"

"Not I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"This is not an argument, you're just contrdicting everything I say!" OK I added this last one.

Bravo! Loved your whole post, but especially this callback!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What makes you think she is mentally fitty-two?  

I think Tarik and Ricky think that the strippers at the club like them and keep dancing near them not just because they are giving them money.

Why can't we get the Ricky's, Tarik's, even the Angie's and the like all in one room and let them compare notes, would there be any revelations or more delusions?

That's a good insight. Tarik and Ricky absolutely walk into the strip club feeling like studs, feeling like the women there want them. Hahaha!

I imagine that when we get them together for the Tell-All, each one will see the other two as fools. 

A popular delusion is for people to think that they're Jesus. I heard about an experiment where they got a bunch of these delusional people together to see what would happen. Each "Jesus" thought all of the others were frauds and that it was a test set up especially for him.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Now the daughter in Darcey-drama training pipes in to side with her mom "No you're not!" which inspires Darcey to display her best smug face.

And that’s the thing. The daughter only mouthed the words and hid her mouth with her hand when she said it. Darcey loudly and smugly responded, “THANKS ADOBO! I KNOW I’M NOT!” Why would Jesse even want to stay after that. I don’t care how badly the producers tried to make him stay. He should’ve packed up his leotard and little headband and left right then and there. 

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Another good laugh for me was when Dean asked Hazel if she was going to be enough woman for Tarik when they finally hit the sheets .... as she is so very obviously completely and utterly repulsed by him.  Yeah, sure, Dean.  She is going to rock his world!!  No way is she going to just close her eyes as tight as she can, go to her happy place in her head ($$$) and pray that it be over with as fast as possible. 

Hazel, look at the ceiling and think of America.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Hazel, look at the ceiling and think of America.

Lol!!  Same thing our poor guy Mike is doing over in Nigeria.  Because you know Angela is on top!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I just don't get Jesse and Darcey. Is the sex that great? Does she interrupt his moans? Does he tell her to work on herself mid coitus? Why am I even thinking these thoughts???

Lol!!  Is her sex face as ugly as her crying face?  Because if it is, Michael and Hazel aren't the only ones staring at the ceiling and thinking of America. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Ricky was sending $1500 to 2 women!?! Tricky Ricky must have signed be with that new charity Save the Thots!

hqdefault.jpg

For just $1500 a month you too can sponsor a thot in a developing country. That is just $50 a day. Some of these thots can't even afford fit tea or a corset let along nose jobs, horrific bolt ons, lip and ass shots to build that perfect IG body! Search you conscious (or in this case, your penis) and reach deep into into your wallet (which is penis adjacent) and give generously today! 

2hmbil.jpg

• Love 13

Ok, I can't be the only one who noticed this....when Karine was in bed with the blue blanket over her face, Paul had what appeared to be a haircut.  The back of his head was shaved.  But when he's marrying Karine at the ceremony, he has his regular scruffy head of hair.  What's going on?!

• Love 7

What exactly does Ricky do for a living that he can afford to send two women money? 

Angela, honey. Never mind Instagram. You are never going to get pregnant. What are you thinking? She needs to start listening to her daughter. 

Hazel is completely devoid of any personality. I guess Tarik disgusts her so much she can't muster up any enthusiasm for anything at all. It could be worse, she could have wound up with someone that looks like Pole or Ricky. I'm dying to know what the ex-boyfriend looks like. 

All I can say about Rachel and Jon is that the English countryside is so freakin beautiful! And Rachel is so freakin boring!!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Ok, I can't be the only one who noticed this....when Karine was in bed with the blue blanket over her face, Paul had what appeared to be a haircut.  The back of his head was shaved.  But when he's marrying Karine at the ceremony, he has his regular scruffy head of hair.  What's going on?!

Yes, and I thought that haircut looked really good! 

17 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Help please? Whats a Thot? Must've missed it somewhere along the way. Tanks.

It's an acronym for "That Ho Over There" and refers to women who pose nude or in a sexy manner and send the pictures on social media. AKA Melissa.

• Love 8

Crash course on reproductive technology by Wipe My Butt Angie:

If you're a decade past childbearing age, you can still get pregnant with artificial insemination.

If the semen comes from a dick, it won't work. But if it comes from a turkey baster at the doctor's office, it will work. This will overcome the fact that your ovaries are dead.

The turkey baster procedure costs $20,000 - $30,000. I can only hope it comes from a prize bull at the fair!

Crash course on social media:

Men cannot follow women on Instagram. It's nearly impossible to find porno on the internet, so men resort to IG selfies for wanking. They cannot see these pictures unless they follow the women.

Crash course on masturbation:

If you date Angie, you must pledge that only she be present in your masturbatory fantasies, or it's infidelity. Mahkull has to be all in on the wrinkly granny ass fetish, or else... Granny Angie will SNAP!!!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 14

Why are Darcy and Jesse staying in an Air-bnb and not at her home I wonder?  Their bickering is exhausting. They are both ridiculous.

Angela is intimidating and a really odd shape - round like an apple.  I agree a loose fitting Nigerian dress would be a bit more flattering and comfortable. The green card  is costing Michael more than anyone else in the history of the show.  Even Azan.  I think he'll stick around for the TLC salary but will look elsewhere for a ticket to Trumpland once this season ends.  Thing is - he seems like a decent guy.  

Extra long hair pulled in a pony tail is causing Hazel to lose her hairline and I think she's aware of it.   If she stays she won't look like Angelina for long.  Poverty is not kind to a woman's looks. At least she is honest to the camera about just wanting a ticket out.

Kareeeny's makeup entered the room before she did. Wow!!  That was some thick makeup job! So, can they return to the States now?  She won't be much bothered about getting that green card - her laziness seems real and not just a TLC drama tactic. 

Little Lucy is the sweetest baby ever.  The cliff top proposal was obviously set up by TLC.  But it was the only pleasant scene in the episode.  Some folk here have suggested Jon is the dad- and I'm beginning to wonder about that too.  Rachel seemed ok with traveling to Paddington Station after a night on the plane - as if she'd done it before.

Why are there so many damn commercials???? This has to be the cheapest show to produce.  Airfare, hotels, etc., for camera crew and I don't know how much the participants get paid - not much I would think.  But every 5 minutes there's commercials!!

• Love 7