Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, endure said:

Really wouldn't you just want to dress to impress just a bit meeting so many of his friends and family for the first time.  But even when she had her hair curled, eyeshadow, and wedding dress on I still didn’t have the feeling that she was done up. She’s not unattractive she just lacks any personality or presence.

If I was attending a gathering where an ex of hubby's would be, I would be pressed, tressed and DRESSED!  Rachel is just so vanilla.  Not even a sprinkle of pizzazz in there, just vanilla.

18 hours ago, iwasish said:

She said told him to take 300. Not sure if she meant he gave her the 300  as she requested, but that an additional 2 withdrawals were made for 300 each back to back with the first and that he pocketed that 600. Or did she tell him to take 300 for his use and he took 2 additional withdrawals of 300 at the same time for a total of 900.

Odd that she had exactly 901 dollars in her account, not 946, 978 or some other number.  901, just enough to make 3, 300 dollar withdrawals leaving a single dollar to  keep the account in the black. Odd.

She was a fool to give ANYONE her bank card, let alone Michael.  What did she think he was gonna do?

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

If I was attending a gathering where an ex of hubby's would be, I would be pressed, tressed and DRESSED!  Rachel is just so vanilla.  Not even a sprinkle of pizzazz in there, just vanilla

We get to see a bit of spunk from her tonight. Angela gets more of a rise out of her, than Jon telling her he’s unemployed and in debt. 

I don’t use Instagram or I’d go on her page and tell her Jon is lying about how much they take for his student loans.,. Ask for a copy of his paycheck you idiot!!!! 

I’d love to know how long he’s been out of work. And nice of him to use his moms income from the lodgers to pay Lucy’s daycare. 

On 10/7/2018 at 10:14 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Rachel's older daughter has a father who presumably can provide for her. Jon might easily find another job. I'm rooting for these two crazy "kids"! ?

Mahkul wants to MMGA.  ?

Hazel and Kreeeny seemed genuinely upset when their men departed for home. 

Hazel and Kreeny are genuinely upset that they're stuck in their own countries. They're not in love.

• Love 4

Rachel constantly sweeping her hair back with her hand was distracting.  She did it every few minutes.  Surely many of you noticed it too?  Other than that, I think she's an attractive gal.  

Hazel- don't quite know what to say- girl is not pretty.  Tarik seems like a very decent guy, paying for the hotel for her etc.  

The Michael/ Angela situation- savvy travelers would not trust their ATM cards at any bank in Nigeria.  But, we know she's not savvy.  

Who else is there?  Oh, Pole and Kareene- too strange.  Darcy and ??  fake drama.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Rachel constantly sweeping her hair back with her hand was distracting.  She did it every few minutes.  Surely many of you noticed it too?  Other than that, I think she's an attractive gal.  

Hazel- don't quite know what to say- girl is not pretty.  Tarik seems like a very decent guy, paying for the hotel for her etc.  

The Michael/ Angela situation- savvy travelers would not trust their ATM cards at any bank in Nigeria.  But, we know she's not savvy.  

Who else is there?  Oh, Pole and Kareene- too strange.  Darcy and ??  fake drama.  

Jesse & Darcey are certifiable. Theirs is an S&M relationship. He enjoys making her feeling shitty about herself and she enjoys the abuse.

• Love 2

The commercial with the couple dancing in a hotel room listening to music on headphones and worrying about waking the baby.... they kind of looked like Rachel (frumpy) and Jon (scruffy).

Edited by iwasish
On 10/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, brilliantbreakfast said:

To ask your child to wipe your incontinent ass is the height of selfishness and most people, no matter how close they are to their parents, won't do it.

Really? I would think MOST people would care for their parents in this way, assuming they were good loving parents. Many many people need assistance with daily care activities in their elder years and there’s no shame in it. My Mom needed care during her various knee replacements (she’s fine now), and of course I was there to help her  

Granted I grew up in a family with elderly and disabled members, adult incontience/diapers dont phase me at all. 

I think our current North American culture 1. Sexualizes everything (helping Grandma/grandpa bathe and dress isn’t sexual), 2. Has a lot of problems with aging- what do people think elderly people did before there were institutional nursing homes etc? Most elderly were cared for at HOME by a child or grandchild (usually female, but men provided care too, especially for other men). 

Of course not attacking you just wondering if this is really such a taboo. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

I think Rachel is cute and has a great smile.  I think life just stresses her out. 

• Love 4
Just now, Sterling said:

Well girl, in most marriages, talking to anyone of the opposite sex outside the marriage is not ok.  

Please, one of the men Paul was getting upset about was gay.  Talking to the opposite sex is fine - Paul is just psycho.

• Love 24
44 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I wasn't surprised that Paul's mom didn't know what to think when she heard Karine is pregnant.  Afterall, she has to wait for "Father" to tell her what to think.  What man tells his wife that they are going to have to do a DNA test on their child, and then wonders why she is upset?!

"I can't believe I am married to that man. It's like a fairy tale."  Someone should probably remind Rachel that Jon is not Prince William or Prince Harry, but rather a felon with a shit load of debt. Too bad Angela didn't kick her smug arse. 

I have a feeling Darcey and Jessie spent the night in her hotel room. 

Jon is going to prove to be the “Prince who turned into a Frog” within the next couple years, if it takes that long. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

When is this filmed?...

Why was Big Ang so shocked over the elder comment? That aired like episode 3. Her energy was like this is the 1st time she is hearing this.

Posters have speculated this was filmed in July since Rachel said she'd been back from England for two months and they got married in May. And this season's episodes hadn't aired at that point so none of the participants had seen any of the THs or footage that didn't include them. 

• Love 15

Jon can say that about step-fathers once he has been one for more than five minutes. Lucy has been a nice distraction for him and Rachel. He needs to do some serious soul searching about if he can be a step-father. And eventually a father to his own child/ren. He is an unemployed felon who is massively in debt. His wife isn't living with him, can't really afford to start any visa paperwork to get him access to the US. It's a fairy tale right out of Storybrooke with the role of Regina being played by INS or whatever it is called in the US. But it is really a series of life decisions that have far-reaching consequences for him. Rachel has her own issues to deal with.

Angela, your relationship with Michael was about control. Too bad you couldn't find someone living closer to you and not have to spend the money that you did. Wish Shaun had asked the tough question to her and Ricky and maybe all of them about how they use abuse and control with the 'loves' of their 'lives' and that none are on any sort of level playing field with them.

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I also feel like BigAng heard the "elder" remark as "elderly" and that's different, and wayyyyyyy different in BigAng's eyes.  When she was huffin'n'puffin backstage, I think I heard her say "somethingsomething he called me 'elderly'..." and I was like NO NO NO THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID. 

Dear Ang:  
"Elderly" is an adjective.  Michael used the word "elder" as a noun.  Two different things, GeorgiaAss.  

Thanks,
Grammar Police

PS We'll revisit your use of double negatives at another point in time.

I thought the same thing, and didn't she also make a nonsensical comment about him ruining the future with the past?

6 minutes ago, Horrified said:

BRonzer is tricky for two reasons.  1.  Shade - Jesse picked pumpkin spice when he should have picked NOTHING.   2.  Application - it sticks more to facial hair than to bare skin, thus the dirty orange beard.  And don't forget the neck Jesse!!  Orange face and white neck scream amateur.

Oh and floods (Canadian for "high-water pants") with short socks looks really, really bad.  Maybe if you had worn wooden shoes.......

Ricky looked a bit orange-ish as well.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, Lemur said:

1.  You and I and the board in general aren't privy to their custody arrangement and don't know what they may or may not agree to in the future.

2.  You and I and the rest of the board do not know what sort of travel arrangements the father may or may not agree to in the future, if any.

3.  The UK, like most civilized countries, is part of several UN-backed pacts regarding non-custodial abduction and is actually quite helpful when it comes to returning a child to the custodial parent.  It's not like trying to get a child back from Iran.  

She said they share joint custody so I will assume that is the case. 

I practice law. I would ALWAYS advise a client to never allow a child of divorce to travel abroad with one parent. 

It’s all well and good to say the UK is a signatory to agreements, but it costs a significant amount of money to enforce those agreements. 

I didn’t say that was THE reason, just that it’s a possibility. 

Edited by Real Eyes

Jerry Springer should have hosted this mess.

Ricky’s ex is probably taking him back so she can murder him. Watch for an upcoming episode on Snapped.

Karine is good at one thing, getting pregnant. Pole, be prepared to be supporting a dozen kids soon if you can’t figure out how to use a condom. I’m sorry, might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d want a DNA test also. I think he finally sat down with his calculator and figured out the first child wasn’t his.

Angela lives in Georgia. Mamma June and Honey Boo Boo live in Georgia. No offense intended to my friends in Georgia, but I figure it won’t be long until they figure out how to put together a show with that bunch together.

Rachel has stepped into a time bomb situation. Any woman who marries a man with a criminal history that she knows about, a temper she knows about, no job, deep in debt, and no way to move to the US without paying a shitload of money needs to be removed from society and studied so maybe doctors can find a cure for this insanity.

Darcy’s hair looked like shit. Jesse looked like shit. Two piles of shit, right there on our TV!!

• Love 19

The kids of this show continue to amaze me.  That these useless, self absorbed people could have pretty great, wise, fairly well-adjusted kids is quite a surprise.  Potential, 1) they could be decent parents, or 2) these kids have had to grow up quickly b/c of their shitty parents (feels more likely). 

Michael started crying (again) b/c he is seeing his ticket to Trump-land (ugh) not getting punched and he "took many for the team" for nothing.   Angela is acting exactly like the trashbag I would expect her to be. 

Xiamena dodged a GD bullet.  Seriously.  Even if useless Ricky wanted to be with her, he would be seesawing Xiamena under the guise of "doing what's right for his family", when he is just doing what's convenient for Ricky's dick and what makes him "look good".  Xiamena needs to get her ass to a church rn, light a candle for every saint she knows, and thank her lucky stars that her watch over Ricky is done.   Girl, go live and take this as a lesson well learned. 

Paul and Karine are useless people.  She is good at getting pregnant, and he's good at doing and saying the wrong thing all the time.  Him not being in Brasil got her looking cute, too.  

Yo, Jon scares me.  Like, he'll be cute with Lucy in one second, and then, BAM, calling other dudes pussies with heavy aggression.  It has never been more apparent why he got into so many fights.  He's a scary dude, and Rachel really stepped in a money pit aggressive version of a person. 

Both Hazel and Tarik looked good!  Nice to see folks not looking tore up.  I never, however, have any interest in hearing about these ppl's sex lives and abortion/not abortion.  Jesus.  That escalated quickly. 

Lawd.  Can we never see Darcy and Jesse again!?  These ppl are the worst possible kind of trash.  They are just gross and nasty and joy suckers.  If any of this "reality" is real, then these people need to never speak/see them ever again.  At the very least, fuck 'em...I don't want to have to see them again.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, MagicCat said:

His days in america would consist of being screamed at by that boob-dragging, no-inside-voice-having dumpster fire all day every day.  

Oh, oh, oh, I can't breathe, I'm laughing so hard! Dumpster fire!

• Love 8

I’m not surprised Paul asked for another DNA test. His lack of trust issues run deep. I think Karine would’t fare well here with her in-laws. Paul is too much of a mommas boy. He’d  never be able to stand up for Karine to his mother and it sounds like no one is allowed to stand up to “father.”  How creepy was that?  The reverence he used overthe power his father had on the decision making for the entire family. It was like how Scientologists speak about David Miscavage. Maybe almost as creepy as when his mom sent him of to Brazil the first time with a handful of her hair pulled from her hairbrush. Remember that?! 

Angela just wants a little boy to scold amd parent. Michael will never get out of being in the doghouse for her temper tantrums. She’s so unbalanced. She needs to up her meds. How she can get pissed that Michael addresses the obvious age gap between them is mind boggling. Isn’t he younger than her daughter?  She demands to be treated as a goddess amd when he addresses her with the intended respect of “elder” she goes off the rails. Michael, now that the show has aired, there have to be other women interested in dating you here in the states...or another country.  I’d hold out for them. She’ll never let you be an equal partner—you’d be a eunuch by the time you get off the plane.  Not that she hasn’t made you one already.

Ricky, another winner.  The fact that he is constantly compelled to ask his pre-teen DAUGHTER for relationship advice because he isn’t mature or self-aware enough to figure it out for himself is beyond. Dating whom your daughter thinks you should?  I feel badly for Ximena that she was unwittingly dragged though this on TV with such a loser...she had him pegged pretty early on.  She’s got a great head on her shoulders.  I bet his ex dumps him soon too.  They broke up the first time for a reason.  He’s a wishy washy spineless wonder  

hazel is still a question mark for me.  Her one word answers are still off putting to me.  I’m glad for Tarik that the have finally had sex.  I was really worried that she was withholding it until she got here.  I just thought that would have been a manipulative move since she’s obviously had sex with her ex.

talk about the ultimate manipulator...the spin doctor has landed in america yet again.  Thank god Darcy can finally see the forest through the trees.  Jesse is just so damn weird....shall we start with the formal hello handshake to Darcy after he hugged the host?  And wearing a suit? Maybe the forums didn’t respond well to all the American flags he tried to surround himself with last trip.  I bet he hired a focus group for his wardrobe.  Regardless...epic fail...he’s so rigid that the striped suit just makes him look jailed in his own delusion.  And...why is his face so....orange?  He’s so wrapped up in his grandiosity that he believes his own hype he’s constantly trying to create for himself.  It’s sad he can’t see his transparent his lies are.  I love how he thought that the girls weren’t affected by his blowups and that they wouldn’t have a genuine opinion about his treatment of their mother. I’m glad Darcy finally decided to get off the drama roller coaster.  THERAPY!!!

• Love 18

Angela is a FAT!!! Redneck bully bitch!! Angela do you really think that a 30 year old would want your UGLY ass??? Keep smoking you look like you your 65 anyway!! Of course the only reason Michael put up with you is to come to America. Get a life!!!!!!

• Love 14

Angela went from kooky to terrifying on this show.  She is one nasty low class individual, a walking nightmare.  Please don't come to America for this, Michael, it's not worth it.

Pole, you stupid doofus.  I was surprised at the timing of all this, though.  He apparently got her pregnant again shortly after the miscarriage before flying home?  Unless it really is someone else's, lol.

Ricky is just one of those guys who needs a woman in his life at all costs.  Watching his face though you could see how shifty he is.  The guy is only interested in himself and getting what he wants.  He sees women as disposable commodities.

Jesse just couldn't resist getting his little passive-aggressive digs in one last time.  It was great watching Darcy's daughters tell it like it is while he watched, though.  He needs to see how others see him.  Tardik calling him a diva was funny.

Angela should marry Jesse and be his queen, they are perfect for each other.

Jon doesn't have anger management issues, no sir.  Uh-huh.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 15

Could not believe Grangela freaking out at Michael calling her his elder. It was a clip of something he said before he even met her in person, not something he just said, after having been lectured ad infinitum about things he is not supposed to say.

Jesse saying he was catfished by Darcey is just another of his trumped up charges against her.

Newsflash - Ricky, you are NOT a good person. You are a scam artist. Loved Ximena reading you. She was right on. I hope TLC refuses to pay you for your big con and I never want to see your face on my TV again.

In the last shot of Michael, he finally looked angry. He surely has taken a lot of guff from Grangela. He needs a fresh start. He obviously has no experience with abusive types or he would realize that being in a lovely place with a contentious woman is far worse than being in an impoverished country with a good-hearted woman.

1 hour ago, millennium said:

In John's defense, there are neighborhoods where boys do grow up having to fight to survive, and I'm betting a little guy like him was a frequent target until he learned how to fight back.    You can see it's a very sore topic with him, which makes me believe it goes back to childhood.

I'm told that in university towns in England, it's a way of life to go out drinking and brawling in pubs. I wish someone would say exactly how long it's been since he has been in trouble for fighting. It seems as though this was pretty far back in his past, but it's rather suspect that no one is saying how long ago this all happened.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Snewtsie said:

Angela & her manufactured drama... smh. She is so abusive to Michael, knowing he’ll do anything to get out of Nigeria. Very sad.

And did she really say, “he just changed the history of our future”...? - What the what, lol?

Like the family Chantall says you can’t get more stupider than that!

• Love 24