Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Especially given this was not a routine scan but rather, she was there for a suspected issue, the tech really should have just information gathered, then spoken to the doctor who should have delivered the bad news once Karine was off the exam table & they were in a private room together. What was done was so unprofessional & insensitive. TLC may have been there not knowing what was going to happen, but once known they could have edited just to the doctor talking w/o showing the exam details, or even better, just used words on the screen to 'announce' what happened & then cut to TH's with both of them. The way they presented it was awful & showed such a lack of respect & intrusion into someone's traumatic experience. It was quite a low for this show & that's saying something.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

But come on! Surely these lads have wives and girlfriends they could bring. And Jon has a mother, sister and prbly cousins or platonic friends. Inviting an ex just to even the room seems so silly. Of course Jon can use the word "love" in reference to others but I don't understand the context of how the whole conversation w/ the ex (from 18 yrs ago??) happened? If I had a month to plan a wedding and needed to apply for a green card asap and prepare for another visit w/ Rachel, talking to an ex from 18 yrs ago would be the last thing on my list. I suppose maybe the ex just randomly messaged him on FB to send her best wishes and Jon took a quick little jaunt down memory lane. But this man just seeks of ~DRAMA~ to me.

And yet, she is the most sympathized with participant on the show (based on comments here)..... so manipulative! She wouldn't take Tarik up on his offer to pay her for her clothes and bed and simply cut ties w/ the exbf. She just had to mention the RICH Japanese guy. She would barely look at tarik until he assured her that he had not smashed his exgf in Thailand or wherever his layover was. She tried to force tarik to introduce her to his kid and baby mama on her terms. And in all the time Tarik was there, never did she once mention her son or suggest they go spend time w/ him or buy something for him. Bitch, please!

For real agreed 100 percent on first bolded about Jon.  He's so eye rolling to me.

Second bolded part about the chick with the big lips and the oddly colored hair (hahahaha) that I want to clarify that Tarik is the easy mark to make fun of because of his odd choices in wardrobe and thirsty attitude and neediness.  However I don't want anyone to mistake that the fact that I'm going with the low hanging fruit that I am giving Hazel the Ho any sympathy.   Can't speak for others. 

She absolutely is a player and gets what she deserves in this scenario.   She's getting stuck with old orgy rapper guy that she doesn't seem like she's into.  Oh well.   You want out then that's your ticket.  Enjoy having him crawl all over you.  Hope it's worth it.   All these people are equal opportunity opportunists.   Big Ang is the low hanging fruit too.   Michael is mortgaging his penis and eating masticated food tinged with cigarette smoke to get his ticket to America as well.   Everyone has trade bait.   This show is based on who has the upper hand, how upper is it and how fast can they lose it?   See:  Molly and Molly's dude

• Love 13

I think we should play Marry, Shag or Kill with Paul, Tarik and Ricky. Michael seems too normal to be included...

I felt so sorry for Michael to beg, grovel and humiliate himself for ticket to America. I guess Angela went through his phone and didn't really find anything too questionable and decided to propose. They didn't show her going through it and just dropped that whole thing. I guess it was not scandalous enough. But I was surprised nobody really commented on that in the last episode thread (I think I read through 9 pages so there could be something later?) as I think it's just horrible to request your potential spouse's phone to dig through their social media, conversations and emails. Michael is trying everything to please Angela, he is just like a kid who is trying to please parent after they did something wrong. I guess in that sense Angela is just like his mother. He is starting to realize how difficult life with her will be but in his mind it's still better than staying in Nigeria. I bet he will regret that one day as his situation doesn't seem so dire like Hazel's. But he aged years in just few weeks of abuse and sexual slavery and the  worst is still coming.

Hazel's hair is really awfull. She might think it's her best asset and that's why she keeps it so long but it would look much better if she cut it halfway. Looks like her hair is lacking any nutrition and vitamins to be shiny and full which at that age should be at its best but it just looks so sad, thin and lifeless. Just like Hazel herself. In this episode it was really visible that she has possible bald spot right at front as her hair there is still very short and she is constantly playing with that part. Wish Tarik brought her a huge bottle of multivitamins so she can get her body what it's terribly lacking. I hope she doesn't have to pawn her ring to have somewhere to sleep after he leaves. There was no space in her parents tiny room for her to crash till she makes some money. She definitively lost a few weeks of income while hanging out while Tarik  was vacationing. Hopefully he can leave now his  fiancee some money so she doesn't have to go back to her ex boyfriend in order to get roof over her head.

Darcey's sister hair looked also horrible on the live show. It was so obviously fake and badly styled. You would think that she would look better for her special live appearance not just for that reason but because she obviously spends most of her money on her appearance and possibly her model/personal trainer boyfriend. I wonder where her sister got that idea? Seems like Darcey is competing and at the same time wants to be her sister who seems to be a bit more shall we say "mature"? 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

For real agreed 100 percent on first bolded about Jon.  He's so eye rolling to me.

Second bolded part about the chick with the big lips and the oddly colored hair (hahahaha) that I want to clarify that Tarik is the easy mark to make fun of because of his odd choices in wardrobe and thirsty attitude and neediness.  However I don't want anyone to mistake that the fact that I'm going with the low hanging fruit that I am giving Hazel the Ho any sympathy.   Can't speak for others. 

She absolutely is a player and gets what she deserves in this scenario.   She's getting stuck with old orgy rapper guy that she doesn't seem like she's into.  Oh well.   You want out then that's your ticket.  Enjoy having him crawl all over you.  Hope it's worth it.   All these people are equal opportunity opportunists.   Big Ang is the low hanging fruit too.   Michael is mortgaging his penis and eating masticated food tinged with cigarette smoke to get his ticket to America as well.   Everyone has trade bait.   This show is based on who has the upper hand, how upper is it and how fast can they lose it?   See:  Molly and Molly's dude

That was supposed to be REEKS of drama! oooops lol

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Rachel cares.  She's with Jon because she's attracted to him, pure and simple.  It's hard being in a relationship with a person you're not attracted to, even if the person is more suitable than someone like Jon.  What therapy helps with is finding out who and what attracts you and why.  Still, even with all that self knowledge, it's hard to be in a relationship with someone who makes you feel like, "yuk."

I still think that, especially in today's social media age and if you meet someone after middle/high school/college, physical attraction is about 75% of any relationship, at least initially. Someone can be as sweet and supportive as you could possibly imagine and give you everything you want in terms of emotional intimacy, but if you're not physically attracted to them, you'll never consider them as a romantic partner. The whole idea of pursuing someone or being pursued is just putting yourself in competition with your own ego and trying to prove to yourself you can get someone that's out of your league. Rachel's self-esteem took a hit after the baby weight. I'm sure she routinely ignored men when she had a tiny waist and DD boobs. Her juvenile infatuation with Jon is an extension of when she was a hot 20 something. She still has the sense of entitlement, but with new insecurities. She just wants to show that she's still got it and get dicked down by eye candy with a sexy accent. She also: Darcey and Stacey.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Did anyone else notice Angela's tobacco-stained index fingers in the proposal scene?  Even the friggin' acrylic fingernails on those two fingers were stained.  SO GROSS. 

Noticed subliminally; gosh I remember those days :/

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Especially given this was not a routine scan but rather, she was there for a suspected issue, the tech really should have just information gathered, then spoken to the doctor who should have delivered the bad news once Karine was off the exam table & they were in a private room together. What was done was so unprofessional & insensitive. TLC may have been there not knowing what was going to happen, but once known they could have edited just to the doctor talking w/o showing the exam details, or even better, just used words on the screen to 'announce' what happened & then cut to TH's with both of them. The way they presented it was awful & showed such a lack of respect & intrusion into someone's traumatic experience. It was quite a low for this show & that's saying something.

JMO

I agree. They handled Michelle Duggar's miscarriage of Baby #20 with much more sensitivity. She was going to find out the sex of the baby that day with a routine ultrasound and nobody suspected there was going to be a problem. 

• Love 4

I want to like Michael except I have issues with him over the 'doing the BJ' thing, but other than that his behavior with Angela - the groveling & practically begging - was pathetic. I have to wonder why she'd even find that attractive in any man. And then his behavior when she gave him the ring was like a kid who just opened their most wanted gift on a birthday or something. He was so juvenile, & obvious, about wanting to be in America I was SMDH.  And for Angela geesh there are no words anymore, it's all been said. Both of them are hard for me to watch & should be embarrassed about themselves (as so many of these folks should be).

If Rachel had any self respect right after that angry outburst & cursing at her in the car she would've told him to take them back to the airport for the next flight home.  That poor baby Lucy; I worry about what she'll see in her future.

I fully doubt Hazel will be "homeless" after he leaves. Part of me wonders, given the sleazy vibe Tarik gives off, if she's a sex worker. Hopefully she's not on drugs. She looks half her age & sickly - pale, sunken in eyes, stringy, thinning hair, gaunt, & completely deadpan, even when expressing 'emotion' (if you want to call it that). After 2 weeks - just on the phone-  this is the girl he finds attractive enough to travel around the world for?  I can't help but find it unbelievably stupid.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I still think that, especially in today's social media age and if you meet someone after middle/high school/college, physical attraction is about 75% of any relationship, at least initially. Someone can be as sweet and supportive as you could possibly imagine and give you everything you want in terms of emotional intimacy, but if you're not physically attracted to them, you'll never consider them as a romantic partner. The whole idea of pursuing someone or being pursued is just putting yourself in competition with your own ego and trying to prove to yourself you can get someone that's out of your league. Rachel's self-esteem took a hit after the baby weight. I'm sure she routinely ignored men when she had a tiny waist and DD boobs. Her juvenile infatuation with Jon is an extension of when she was a hot 20 something. She still has the sense of entitlement, but with new insecurities. She just wants to show that she's still got it and get dicked down by eye candy with a sexy accent. She also: Darcey and Stacey.

No question!  

And yes, physical attraction is a huge component of a relationship, but sometimes that physical attraction isn't there in the beginning and it develops later -- in that case, to me it's love.  Not that you can't be physically attracted immediately and fall in love, genuine love.  But I think most of these idiots are thinking with their genitalia and convincing themselves they are in love.  And they are in love with the control they have via the green card.

38 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

No question!  

And yes, physical attraction is a huge component of a relationship, but sometimes that physical attraction isn't there in the beginning and it develops later -- in that case, to me it's love.  Not that you can't be physically attracted immediately and fall in love, genuine love.  But I think most of these idiots are thinking with their genitalia and convincing themselves they are in love.  And they are in love with the control they have via the green card.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, usernameG said:

If you only had Tarik and Ricky to choose from, who would you choose? Derp face or fanny pack?

Trying not to lower the tone too much, it'd have to be Tarik - he has been deprived of sex for a few weeks, so at least it'd be over in a matter of seconds.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I wonder if she is "used material" in the Philippine Cupid sense, I mean she is still young, but she has a kid already. I assume many American men would want someone young and childless being it would be a bit easier to bring them over. 

• Love 3

Whenever I see Hazel, I keep wondering whether she has ever applied for a job on a cruise ship.  Even if she starts as a laundry person or cabin steward, her room and board are covered while she's on the ship, and she'd be able to save towards getting her son back.  Or even if she lets him stay with his father, she would be earning enough money to make the son's life better.  A very high percentage of support crew members are Filipino, and they don't seem as miserable as Hazel in her current life.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wasn't that b/c no one was translating for him?  He may have known there was a problem, but not know the extent of the problem.

But he was acting like he already knew the child had passed. Karine told the doctor that she only had cramping, no bleeding. In that moment there was no way for him to know that something was terribly wrong.  I know Karine and her mom were crying - but because of that Paul was all "omg I have to act like I'm also devastated enough though I don't know what's happening!?"    And I'm not anti-Paul either but his reaction during the ultrasound was very weird to me. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I see Hazel, I keep wondering whether she has ever applied for a job on a cruise ship.  Even if she starts as a laundry person or cabin steward, her room and board are covered while she's on the ship, and she'd be able to save towards getting her son back.  Or even if she lets him stay with his father, she would be earning enough money to make the son's life better.  A very high percentage of support crew members are Filipino, and they don't seem as miserable as Hazel in her current life.

Would you hire her? She has the personality of a slug, she’s mute, mono tone... hard for anyone to look at her and think oh I think she’ll be a great worker! She acts like she’s half dead and just getting her to say yes or no is like dying a slow death. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mainer said:

Would you hire her? She has the personality of a slug, she’s mute, mono tone... hard for anyone to look at her and think oh I think she’ll be a great worker! She acts like she’s half dead and just getting her to say yes or no is like dying a slow death. 

I don't know if I would hire her . . . I was just wondering if it's something she considered.  She seemed more animated with her cousin.  I think she may be overwhelmed with Tarik, Dean, the camera crew, etc.  And there are LOTS of jobs on cruise ships that don't require personality.

• Love 7
On 9/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, DNR said:

I just noticed how rough Jesse’s skin is in the Park scene .  Boy is full of himself - he’s a mess and a nasty d^ckhead. He LOVES mentally and emotionally torturing Darcy ( she’s a loon too but he’s a sociopath) 

The park where that was filmed is a few blocks away from me.  Immediately behind Riverside Drive & 72nd St. is a nice neighborhood Dog Run.  Why in the world they chose that remote spot to have them meet is beyond me.   For one exciting moment, I was hoping that Jesse had bought her a puppy to soften the blow of his leave-taking.  At least Darcy would finally know what "TRUE loyalty" is!!   ;->

• Love 7

I think of Big Ang when I see that smoking commercial where the girl is climbing the cigarette mountain and it says she’s smoked 12 thousand packs of cigarettes in her lifetime. ( it’s for some new lung screening) either way they should use her to show people what they could end up looking like, riddled with wrinkles, bags, hoarse voice, and having to go to Nigeria to find someone desperate to get to Donald Trump. They’d get a lot more people to quit that’s for sure

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

The bolded part reads like something old folks would say to young women. tell them their feelings don't matter, "as long as a man is a good provider, it's all good."

However, thinking with your genitals doesn't work either.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AmyBre said:

If you are one of these losers who can’t get a person interested in you, imagine standing at a plaza surrounded by poor, uneducated, attention-hungry people and screaming, not only do I have dollars to spend for 2 weeks, but there’s also a chance that I might marry one of yous.

Who wouldn’t jump at that?

So what if some men have decided to go abroad to pick a young, pretty, child-free, nice woman with good manners and great values? Something that a 40-50 years old man cannot find anymore in America if he is not rich or famous. Why limiting the pool of women by only dating U.S women? Dating or marrying someone from different a culture can be very positive and interesting for some people. For you to call them losers, that tells me that you are bitter person.  You are judging them and ,at the same time, you are glued to your TV watching these people live their lives. (laugh)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, monagatuna said:

My initial reaction was recoil, but I think it's actually an easy choice. Tarik would be demanding and entitled, but Ricky would be hygenic, eager, and willing to please. I also don't think it would last very long for either, but Ricky would actually try, and you could distract him with a large pizza after and make your escape. I can't easily track down balut or a 5-hour Pentecostal church service to scare away Tarik after. If I *really* had to choose, I think it'd have to be Ricky.

good reasoning, and I agree.  And also, there are some angles where Ricky has nice eyes.  Tarik, nope.

13 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Eggs-zactly what I was thinking.  I think there's a very real chance that Michael will be able to meet Trump in the next few years.

I've never watched Celebrity Apprentice (or regular Apprentice for that matter) but I would watch it if Michael were on it. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Mainer said:

She could always get a job as a perfect stand in ( although the girl in the photo still has better hair than Hazel )

image.png.d8c643e42ee46138198ede79cfe9f8ad.png

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The bolded part reads like something old folks would say to young women. tell them their feelings don't matter, "as long as a man is a good provider, it's all good."

However, thinking with your genitals doesn't work either.

I think it's true that sometimes physical attraction grows. Feelings don't factor into whether you find a person kind, caring, funny, smart, dedicated, family-oriented-- or any of the other attributes that could attract someone to a potential mate. And once you get to know someone, the physical attraction can grow.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I have no sympathy for Hazel either, she’s annoyed that Tarik didn’t introduce her “over the phone” to his daughter or his ex,but has SHE introduced him to her ex husband or baby daddy or HER son? How does she know if her son and ex will like him or vice versa?

She acts like she’s being forced to hang around with, sleep in the same bed with and share the same air with someone she’s repulsed by. How Tarik has put up with her this long I have no idea. Tarik is an ass and a jerk but he’s so far (on camera) been nothing  but kind and respectful of her. She can’t even look at the camera straight on when the producers talk to her. I don’t believe she’ll be homeless if Tarik leaves her, she can get another stupid American who is hot for an Asian cold fish Angelina Jolie (not) look a like. 

• Love 6
Just now, magemaud said:

Could Scabby Abby's Chris be going to Thailand to participate in (the other Chris) and David Poor's "Fantasy Thailand?" 

That is just gross, Chris comes across as this dirty old pervert, looking for the young girls although making sure they are at least legal age.  

3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I have no sympathy for Hazel either, she’s annoyed that Tarik didn’t introduce her “over the phone” to his daughter or his ex,but has SHE introduced him to her ex husband or baby daddy or HER son? How does she know if her son and ex will like him or vice versa?

She acts like she’s being forced to hang around with, sleep in the same bed with and share the same air with someone she’s repulsed by. How Tarik has put up with her this long I have no idea. Tarik is an ass and a jerk but he’s so far (on camera) been nothing  but kind and respectful of her. She can’t even look at the camera straight on when the producers talk to her. I don’t believe she’ll be homeless if Tarik leaves her, she can get another stupid American who is hot for an Asian cold fish Angelina Jolie (not) look a like. 

I think she will run back to her ex - 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

That is just gross, Chris comes across as this dirty old pervert, looking for the young girls although making sure they are at least legal age.  

I think she will run back to her ex - 

If he’ll take her.

4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

When men start looking up past GFs and telling them they loved them at one point, it's usually not a good sign.  He may be looking to see if there is still a "spark."  

And if he can't come Stateside, he may's well find something local to spend his life with.  He may be more pragmatic than we give him credit for.

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wasn't that b/c no one was translating for him?  He may have known there was a problem, but not know the extent of the problem.

I took it that he didn't understand entirely what he was looking at.  Google translator wasn't his friend in that scene.  And I agree with the poster above who said the doctor was probably annoyed with the number of people in the room that weren't directly related to the patient.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

But he was acting like he already knew the child had passed. Karine told the doctor that she only had cramping, no bleeding. In that moment there was no way for him to know that something was terribly wrong.  I know Karine and her mom were crying - but because of that Paul was all "omg I have to act like I'm also devastated enough though I don't know what's happening!?"    And I'm not anti-Paul either but his reaction during the ultrasound was very weird to me. 

Well, they said "fetal abnormalities were detected" and then showed a still, unmoving fetus so...he knew it wasn't going to great news. I feel like he wanted that baby every bit as much as Karine did (but for normal, nonmanipulative reasons), and believed it was his. 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

So what if some men have decided to go abroad to pick a young, pretty, child-free, nice woman with good manners and great values? Something that a 40-50 years old man cannot find anymore in America if he is not rich or famous. Why limiting the pool of women by only dating U.S women? Dating or marrying someone from different a culture can be very positive and interesting for some people. For you to call them losers, that tells me that you are bitter person.  You are judging them and ,at the same time, you are glued to your TV watching these people live their lives. (laugh)

They are losers bc they have to BUY DESPERATE PROSTITUTES SUITORS and can't relate to people of their own culture who are their social/economic equals and close to them in age. There is nothing pathetic about people with options, by chance, finding love abroad. It's only pathetic when their only options for sex and companionship require them to travel halfway around the world to places of extreme poverty and civil unrest. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, usernameG said:

If you only had Tarik and Ricky to choose from, who would you choose? Derp face or fanny pack?

I’m assuming there’s no third option of cyanide or worse...Jesse. Soooo...hmm. This is a tough one. 

I guess I’ll have to go with Ricky. I mean, both options are only temporary and I’ll probably be dumped once I drunkenly let one of them impregnate me, but with Ricky, at least I don’t have to carry a purse and I can put my lipstick and keys in his fanny pack. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I have no sympathy for Hazel either, she’s annoyed that Tarik didn’t introduce her “over the phone” to his daughter or his ex,but has SHE introduced him to her ex husband or baby daddy or HER son? How does she know if her son and ex will like him or vice versa

Yes!! It just dawned on me when you said this, wonder why she would let a man wine and dine her living the high life and never included her son or introduced him, like nothing. Like it’s not always a good idea to introduce children to someone you just met but she gets to go to the beach for the first time wonder why she wouldn’t say can we bring my son knowing he would probably be thrilled! And just tell the child that Tarik is a friend.. idk as a mom it’s hard for me to do fun things and not include my children I want them to experience everything and almost feel guilty if I don’t. She didn’t even talk about him, like out of sight out of mind... weird to me

i have to ad even he offered to give her money to take her son for the day to lunch or somewhere fun, to me that would show something, include the kid somehow

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Trying not to lower the tone too much, it'd have to be Tarik - he has been deprived of sex for a few weeks, so at least it'd be over in a matter of seconds.

I like this thinking. 

• Love 3

Hazel could have taken Tarik to see her kid.  It may have no been filmed. Or her son just didn’t live near by.  Either way it’s way too soon for them to meet the kids. 

There are still many cultures where marriage is not for love, but more of a financial arrangement.  So, to most of these foreign finances, not being in love is no big deal. It’s obvious that Michael, Hazel and Karine don’t love their American.   It’s all about marrying up for a better life.  The Americans know it.  Their attitude is that the betroved owes them and it’s boosts their ego to have someone so young and good looking on their arm.   I just think Michael will have the rudest awakening of them all. 

Ricky is just a tool. I think X is just playing him and has no intentions of marrying him.

Jon and Rachel care for one another.   I think Rachel gets off on the drama and playing the victim.   We cannot be together.  Boo hoo.  It’s just like Romeo and Juliet.  She doesn’t want real relationship.  She wants something to drone on and on about.   She is a foolish woman which is why no one is investing a dime in seeing her get married.   She will never give up custody of her daughter and move to England permanently because then she won’t be the victim and can’t have a pity party.  

Darcy.   There is just so much wrong with her.  She needs to stop investing in her looks and more on her mental health and self worth. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I actually wondered if she viewed that as a sign he wasn't being serious about her.  Even though she seems repulsed by him, after that happened, rich Japanese man was trodded out.

On Ricky or Tariq, I'm going for...

Ricky.

I personally couldn't look at Tariq's goofy face for more than 5 minutes.  Ricky can at least seem to hold a conversation.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Hazel could have taken Tarik to see her kid.  It may have no been filmed. Or her son just didn’t live near by.  Either way it’s way too soon for them to meet the kids. 

He wouldn't meeting Tarik for shits and giggles. And yes, of course, everyone wants to know the backstory of this child so it would be filmed. If Hazel is as overworked as she says, well, now she has a couple of weeks of free time so she needs to see her son. With or without him actually meeting Tarik. And if the son is far away, this is something reasonable she can expect Tarik to do for her; pay for her to get there to see him. And if she is as desperately poor as she says and can't do anything for the kid, this is her opportunity to do for her him; ask Tarik to downgrade her ring and buy something for her child. Besides, it's not like Tarik has all these opportunities to meet he kid. The next time he meets Tarik could be in the US after Tarik has sponsored him and his mother has been gone for years. It's not like divorced parents in the US introducing their kids to to their new partners. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, renatae said:
  On 10/1/2018 at 2:12 PM, Dobian said:

TLC also did this in My Giant Life where the women always sat on these tiny chairs/stools that looked like they were in danger of breaking underneath them.  Someone on TLC must get off on making women look huge and awkward.

It’s starting to make me think they actually do put a lot of thought into there choices for the show and there’s a lot of behind the scenes humor that only some pick up on... like there career choices for instance. A gargbage picker and Pole shovels dog shit at a kennel?? Mister OCD ... I think they want us to shake our heads and think why? Just why?  Not dissing the jobs we need garbage pickers, and people to pick up dog shit, oh and someone to work the pole but really I’m wondering if this is a TLC requirement 

14 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

There are still many cultures where marriage is not for love, but more of a financial arrangement.  So, to most of these foreign finances, not being in love is no big deal. It’s obvious that Michael, Hazel and Karine don’t love their American.   It’s all about marrying up for a better life.  The Americans know it.  Their attitude is that the betroved owes them and it’s boosts their ego to have someone so young and good looking on their arm.   I just think Michael will have the rudest awakening of them all. 

Ricky is just a tool. I think X is just playing him and has no intentions of marrying him.

Jon and Rachel care for one another.   I think Rachel gets off on the drama and playing the victim.   We cannot be together.  Boo hoo.  It’s just like Romeo and Juliet.  She doesn’t want real relationship.  She wants something to drone on and on about.   She is a foolish woman which is why no one is investing a dime in seeing her get married.   She will never give up custody of her daughter and move to England permanently because then she won’t be the victim and can’t have a pity party.  

Darcy.   There is just so much wrong with her.  She needs to stop investing in her looks and more on her mental health and self worth. 

But Tarik has said its important to him that Hazel “love” him, that she is with him for the “right” reasons and not just to get to the US.  

We may think ( and are probably correct) that he is merely looking to scratch an itch that he has for this Asian Angelina Jolie, but he hasn’t given us any reason to think he doesn’t have real feelings for her. She had to  have given some sign to make him believe that she was equally enamored of him, strongly enough that he was expecting a much more enthusiastic greeting when he got there. Even Azan hid his disappointment over Nicole better. Did she really think that sad sack personality she’s demonstrated so far would get her that coveted marriage proposal? It was only when the end of his visit was near that she realized she had to step up her game. 

And yes, perhAps they talked about or visited her son off camera, but I think TLC would have at least brought it out in a talking head if they didn’t air footage. 

It is too early to drag the kids into the idea of a new stepmom or stepdad, but there should have been more conversation about them at the least.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder if she is "used material" in the Philippine Cupid sense, I mean she is still young, but she has a kid already. I assume many American men would want someone young and childless being it would be a bit easier to bring them over. 

I have no idea if this is the case, but would it really be easier it someone were childless? I'd think Immigration would say here's a parent and child, probably only a serial killer is going to bring over a kid if s/he's not serious and a parent wouldn't want to come over with a child unless s/he planned on staying w/the American because it would be too hard to find someplace to hang, a job, feed the kid, etc. with a child. Whereas, with a single person, anything could happen, including the single person just walking off into the sunset and overstaying his/her visa. Happens all of the time.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, eatsleep said:

That rap was truly awful and the most cringeworthy scene from this entire franchise.

I must hereby inform you that you are unequivocally wrong. I present to you Exhibits 1 - 12:

1. Seeing Kreeny, Mother Krenny, and Pole find out there is no baby KreePole anymore.
  2. Watching Tarmac allow Brother Tarmac to verbally bully and humiliate Spaetzel in public without protecting her.
  3. Watching Pretzel utter 'I Love You' as she bites her lip and cocks her head in a sad attempt to emulate some sort of porny pose.
  4. Seeing Little Ricky confess about porn love MehLissA whilst getting ripped a new one by Excema. (No wait, that was actually fun to watch! Like a cat playing with a cricket while it rips off one leg at a time)
  5. Watching Jon's sister and friends basically tell Rachel, "RUN GIRL, RUNNNNNNN!"
  6. Any scene with DUHrcey and Herr PockFace.
  7. Angela grabbing and pawing and externally fornicating MahKhul in front of the Lagos airport.
  8. Angela grabbing and pawing and externally fornicating MahKhul in various public locales in Nigeria.
  9. Angela grabbing and pawing and actually talking about her multiple fornications wit MahKhul in a cheap hotel room in Lagos.
  10. Angela fighting with MahKhul at a budget 'resort' in some sad locale in Nigeria as if it was a weekend at Niagara Falls.
  11. Angela grabbing and pawing and orally fornicating a yellow cake that MahKhul offered up to soothe the savage beast.
  12. Angela pulling a sweaty little American flag out of her pendulous vertical breastages and giving it to MahKhul.
  13. I'm sure there's more but I need to get back to work so someone else can fill in the rest...
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Could Scabby Abby's Chris be going to Thailand to participate in (the other Chris) and David Poor's "Fantasy Thailand?" 

No, he's more likely going for a depraved sex tour so he can find his next underage victim. Skank piece of shit. Someone needs to arrest his ass and throw him in prison, let him be someone's bitch for a change.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Eric said:

Nobody's saying they can't.  But what they--and maybe you--need to understand is that other women will judge them, often with scorn.  The guys we see on this show aren't going overseas for love because of a lack of datable women here; they're going overseas because overseas they are believed to be rich and/or famous.  They are thus able to interest young, pretty, child-free, nice women with good manners and great values (although I snort at your "great values"--haven't you read the posts here?).  IOW, it's the same story you describe:  they are unable to find these women here unless they are rich or famous.  So they go abroad where they will be considered at least rich, maybe famous (for all Hazel knows, Torgo is the next Tupac).  It's pretty sleazy either way.

Maybe the men you speak of need to stop believing that they are attractive enough in body and spirit to interest the kind of women they aspire to.  I know men who are not all that sneer at the idea of dating an overweight woman, for instance, while such a woman might be the greatest thing that ever happened to him.  He'll never know, and she will have dodged a bullet.  Who needs a guy that shallow?

Edited to add:  Eric, do you watch this show?  If you don't, why do you post here?  I don't mean to be antagonistic with my question; I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I someone asked me to meet him at a park, I'm definitely not going to drag/carry a huge suitcase, a bag...and (?) another bag (on a train and other public transportation), which meant I was packing for two weeks.   Meet him in a park in the winter?  Wear comfortable clothes for sitting around in a park, especially SNEAKERS for the walking (lotsa stairs), and a good/warm coat with a deep pocket for my clutch.  Jesse didn't send an itinerary or dress code; Darcy's the idiot.

You don't live in Darcyville though. I am sure that part of her brain was expecting some dramatic make up scene with a string quartet playing in the park and Jesse riding up on a white horse. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, ava111 said:

I think we should play Marry, Shag or Kill with Paul, Tarik and Ricky. Michael seems too normal to be included...

Well kill is obviously Paul. That man is just intolerable all around. Plus, with his criminal background, you can claim a pretty solid self-defense case. Shag I’m going with Tarik because of his orgy skills. Um, I’m not really freaky like that, but i’d at least have the opportunity to switch out for someone better at the orgy. Marry is Ricky because based on his marriage record, seems like I can swoop in for some love bombing (flowers, romantic dinners, etc) and then become ex wife 3 or 4 before the ink on the marriage certificate barely has time to dry. And agreed that Michael is probably the only sane person on this show, love of Donald Trump notwithstanding.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 20
48 minutes ago, gingerella said:
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

No, he's more likely going for a depraved sex tour so he can find his next underage victim.

but couldn't that be a "Fantasy Thailand" itinerary, arranged by Tobo himself? 

• Love 1

Regarding Marta's physique and her "career..." my husband is involved in state law enforcement and has gone to a few of these "gentleman's establishments" with the FDA while the latter organization was looking into food safety violations (FYI- never eat in a sleazy strip club).  Anyway, he told me that most of the women are not in top physical shape and don't look like they hit the gym at all.  He said they were all on the "thick" side.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Nobody's saying they can't.  But what they--and maybe you--need to understand is that other women will judge them, often with scorn.  The guys we see on this show aren't going overseas for love because of a lack of datable women here; they're going overseas because overseas they are believed to be rich and/or famous.  They are thus able to interest young, pretty, child-free, nice women with good manners and great values (although I snort at your "great values"--haven't you read the posts here?).  IOW, it's the same story you describe:  they are unable to find these women here unless they are rich or famous.  So they go abroad where they will be considered at least rich, maybe famous (for all Hazel knows, Torgo is the next Tupac).  It's pretty sleazy either way.

Maybe the men you speak of need to stop believing that they are attractive enough in body and spirit to interest the kind of women they aspire to.  I know men who are not all that sneer at the idea of dating an overweight woman, for instance, while such a woman might be the greatest thing that ever happened to him.  He'll never know, and she will have dodged a bullet.  Who needs a guy that shallow?

Edited to add:  Eric, do you watch this show?  If you don't, why do you post here?  I don't mean to be antagonistic with my question; I'm genuinely curious.

Yes, yes, and yes.  I don't think Eric has watched this show much at all if he thinks that the foreigners shown have such "great values."  These men are free to look for younger, prettier women overseas.  But the man will have to wonder for the rest of his life if that woman cares for him or if she is with him because she would be "homeless" otherwise (to quite Hazel).

It's funny in a way.  I'm an American woman and am much less maintenance and less dramatic than some of the foreign women depicted on this show (Anfisa and Pao spring to mine). 

• Love 12
On 10/1/2018 at 1:23 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Tardik is "more serious" with Hazel than with another other woman! Even the woman he had a child with? What a moron. "The people around me get crazy when they see me happy! They want to tear my stuff up!" He's the common denominator, thanks for letting us know there's something wrong with HIM. Not that we couldn't already tell by his googly eye dumbass facial expressions and fetish for buffalo plaid fabrics and fishnet shirts. So Hazel pressures him to propose, with the enthusiasm of a dead fish on a bed of ice at the market, only looking up to gauge his reaction and plot her next retort.

She should have put on googly eyes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45398254

image.thumb.png.9d5f1689f92950fb3fcf1097445ec70c.png

• Love 7