Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

he arranged my closet so my clothes were color  coordinated every cologne bottle was lined up according to size etc...

I don't want to date this guy but I'd love it if he'd swing by my house every so often and tidy up..

Yes that part was nice my house was spotless but it came with some other qualities that wouldn’t be considered benefits lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

I was taken aback by the filth and squalor of Pole's new digs.  

he wore a Flack jacket to go shopping!!!

Cut your losses Pole and go home to Mama's breast. Karine will send you a picture of the kid when it is born and tell you it is so dark because of a suntan

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet but did anyone notice Michael seemed much more modest about his chest than Angela?

You're right! His shirt was flapping in the wind and he was trying to keep it closed!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I think they read way too deep into it. It's called casual dating and it's what you do when you aren't ready for commitments yet. Why in the world was Angela so angry about Michael "cheating" on her when they were just internet chat buddies.

On a side note, I was kind of disturbed that Michael had apparantly given a car ride to a girl from his neighborhood who had no money so he had her perform a sexual favor for him. Was anybody else completely icked out by this ? Talk about predatory behavior. Guess we know that Michael doesnt give car rides for free. 

I think Michael is lying about the circumstances. He was intimate with another woman and framed his story to look like he is victim because he doesn’t want to get yelled at by Angela. Nevermind that they weren’t even in a relationship so I have no idea why he fessed up in the first place.

• Love 11

I am shocked -- SHOCKED, I TELL YOU -- to hear that Michael was not being entirely honest with Angela. I was picturing that errant BJ thusly:

Good Samaritan Michael was offering some poor wayward soul a ride home, whistling and thinking about whether he'd have time to deliver some Meals on Wheels before he had to get home to his great-grandma, a leper, when...

Michael: Whaaaat? What do you have your in your MOUTH? I mean, as long as you're down there...

I agree that Angela had no reason to expect fidelity from a man she'd chatted with a few times, but geez, what a ridiculous lie. I can't believe she bought it in the first place.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Mahkul was stunned when she was packing her shit, including his Trump gear. It occurred to him the unspeakable things he did with this woman and he is not going to the US.

I kind of don't understand why he confessed when she was there.  He said in a TH that he just was saying what she wanted to hear - I think he was talking about saying what she wanted to hear back at the start of the relationship when the BJ thing happened (though how would she find out about it except through him?  Before I settled on that I thought he meant he was admitting to it (now, with her there) only because she was badgering him to admit it.  But if his big aim is to Harvest the American Citizenship, he has to have known that admitting it was going to mess that up?   I seriously don' t get (a) how she found out about it before , (b) how it was cheating if they had only been "talking" for a few weeks (as I think she said), (c) why he changed his story now to one that would obviously make her leave if he were still hoping to see GA for himself.

I vaguely keep coming back to the possibility that some people think that admitting an error is so brave and awesome that it merits forgiveness, or at least merits the person you're confessing taking a few minutes to tell you how brave you're being (HI RICKY!) but what with all the counting-of-sins Angela was doing, maybe it was intentional sabotage?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, gingerella said:

And when they were in traffic and he got that furious look and sort of punched the air or whatever the fuck he did? Dude has serious anger issues and he isn’t even masking them anymore for the camera. 

YES! That actually made me jump it was so startling. And it wasn't like she had done or said anything (that we were privy to at least) to prompt it. She can't help that traffic happens - although if he was flying out of JFK a two+ hour drive that looks like it has to go through some of NYC is bound to hit traffic. Still, not her fault.

• Love 13

Many were wondering why Garbage Gnome would be interested in a woman knocked up by another man and raise his child. I would say that it's in line with his history of open relationships with married or committed women. I'm not judging; there may be some cuckholding fetish going on here. It's ironic that Karaoke Rachel is scandalized by the very circumstances that made him accepting of her less than ideal situation; a situation that would have most men sign off online dueting forever.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Did anyone notice how Rachel was dressed going to the airport? Those cuffed dad jeans w/ ankle boots and a sweatshirt? What in the entire fuck? Why wouldn't she want his last impression of her to be jaw dropping?

Do we think that dim bulb called Jon would notice what she was wearing?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

To be fair, since Pole said Karine's whole family was against the marriage, is it possible this eating a week's worth of groceries by the brother et al, was simply done to piss Pole off? They don't sound like lovely relatives.

And her mother did admit that she's going to do everything she can to keep Kreeny from going to the U.S.

14 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Marta/Algerian dude - That's gonna get messy fast.  Her talking head about her experience with commitment-phobe American men had me wondering where she was looking.  If it is at her job, I think I might see the problem.  Only on this show are we getting a 3rd gen stripper, but I'm not gonna judge her job bc she gotta pay bills and feed those kids; I just wish she saw it as a temp measure, stop gap to something sustainable.  

Well, I'll judge her because maybe she shouldn't have had kids she couldn't support without stripping.  Because that's definitely not a long-term career, as evidenced by looking at her mother, the second-generation stripper. 

But I guess it's hard to break out of the family business, plus she can't be expected to look into the future when she can't even manage to look into the present and see that integrating her career into her marriage with Algerian dude isn't going to work for even a second.

7 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

He also wasn’t wearing a bullet proof vest - he was wearing a cooling vest. He wouldn’t shut up about it last season so I am surprised people missed that.

Thank you!  I didn't watch last season, and it looked to me like the vest Princess Diana was wearing when she was walking around in the land mines.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am thinking Jon was just going through a phase. But Rachel cannot expect sexual fidelity from someone she hasn’t met unless it was an arranged marriage engagement (from the start) and both agreed as a condition of the arrangement they would be celibate. 

I don't know about Rachel, but I was looking at it more as an indicator of his character that he was sleeping around a lot.  Consenting adults and all that, but some people could find it troubling.  And he did say that some of the women he was with were married, so he's apparently okay with some level of adultery.  It might be a no-go for him if he's the one who's married, but it would be something I'd like to know about.

Come to think of it, I view his fighting the same way.  It's in the past, and he says he wont' do it any more, but that doesn't mean someone planning to spend her life with him shouldn't know about it and be entitled to come to her own conclusions.

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I worked in a hospital years ago and was amazed how many staff smoked, including a majority of the respiratory therapists. There was a smoking area outside and that is where the best gossip was shared. Now I think most hospitals are smoke-free campuses so I'm not sure where staff who smoke go to do so...

I've noticed for some time that there seems to be a high incidence of smoking among health care workers.  I assumed it was because of the stress, but also always thought they, of all people, should know better. 

51 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Same thing with Pole last night.  When he was arguing with Kareeny inside he was wearing one shirt, then it shows him wandering the streets in a completely different shirt.

I noticed that, but the shot with the other shirt was when he was on his way to Kreeny's mother's house, so he wouldn't necessarily have been wearing the same shirt as when he was chasing Kreeny through the streets.

I'm scratching my head over here.  If I was in a long distance relationship with established boundaries, It'd be over if they were violated; BUT, if exclusivity wasn't the case, I'd MUCH rather my boyfriend hook up than accept oral as payment for a ride.  One is normal behavior, the other is prostitution (of the exploit the downtrodden type).

Oh my, yes!  My recollection is that it was explained that some girl needed a ride home and didn't have any money, so Michael gave her a ride in exchange for a blow job.  I couldn't believe my ears.  In fact, I actually yelled at the TV, "You couldn't just give her a ride for free?"

Michael became the worst person in the world to me for that.  Then it turns out he made it up, which I was glad for, but then I realized that HE doesn't think there's much wrong with that scenario.  I'm gonna be honest--I was liking the guy and giving him credit for hustle and putting up with Angela to reach his goal, but that kind of made me sick.  Then again, if Trump is his hero, maybe I kind of get it.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

YES! That actually made me jump it was so startling. And it wasn't like she had done or said anything (that we were privy to at least) to prompt it. She can't help that traffic happens - although if he was flying out of JFK a two+ hour drive that looks like it has to go through some of NYC is bound to hit traffic. Still, not her fault.

IIRC, he was irate that he might miss his flight, thus being stuck with Darcey even longer. I immediately thought, dumbass, just catch the next flight and wait in the airport, you dont need to go back to CT with her. He is a moron.

• Love 5

There is nothing wrong with stripping for a living. It's not the greatest job in the world and you certainly see men.at their worst, most base mindset. You can work nights and be at home with your family during the day. It's harmless fun for the men and easy money for the dancers  

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

We've got our new saying for the reverse side of our "Lord's Prayer" handbag!

Embroidered in a flowery script,  in scarlet:

"I Did the BJ"

(The T-shirt slogan is "It's All B.S." on the front; "Except Angelo's Pizza" on the back!)

I think either would make an excellent saying on a cold sholder tee shirt.

• Love 5

It amazes me the angst that Rachel is going through about her true love and the universe denying them the opportunity to be together.  I really don't think they really got to know each other that well while she was in England as everything was about Lucy.  Taking Lucy with her to England meant that not only did Rachel have a "buffer" should she want one, but Rachel also wouldn't have to worry about what to talk about, etc., as Lucy would always provide a distraction.  Rachel also seemed to not know a lot about Jon and his issues.  Everything seemed to a surprise to her.  How many fights?  Open relationships?  What?  But, instead of being able to really discuss their backgrounds and beliefs, they were focused on Lucy.  I think Lucy is adorable, but I also think her presence blocked real opportunities for Rachel and Jon to truly get to know each other.  I also think that Jon is in love/like with the possibility of an instant family.  And, if his feelings for Lucy are stronger than his feelings for Rachel, it does not bode well for their relationship.

I am so over Darcey and Jesse.  I was so excited to think that we were actually done with them, and then the previews.

I keep going back and forth about who I dislike more-Paul or Karine.  I finally decided that they really just deserve each other.  And, I am sure that Paul is going to find out just how much this relationship is going to cost him as the whole family sees him as their way out of poverty.  Oh, and some of Paul's anger issues really became clear when he was talking with the mom.  She had just told him he couldn't deal with anything that contradicted what he said, and he answers back and storms out.  Yep, kind of proving that mom is right.  As for a never ending stream of child support (should Karine be pregnant and Paul returns to the U.S.), I really don't see any way they could force him to pay support once he's back in the U.S.

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky...all "I gave her notice that I have something to talk to her about, so she has time to prepare herself."  Jerk.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Stacee said:
6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

IOW,  offering food and/or drink seems to me to be a rather universal expression of hospitality.

Conversely, though, it is the obligation of a guest not to take undue advantage. 

Excellent points. And like it being a culture thing, perhaps maybe that is why Paul was so upset; maybe he saw it as an insult that they came over and ate all the food (his claim). Maybe he thinks the relative/friends should have been more understanding of their situation. Still him calling the brother a thief was wrong and truly upset Karina. And that's one thing you learn in a marriage - namecalling family is a no-no. Then genius took it a step further and talked crap on social media. 

A smart person would have instead conveniently dropped by the brother's and other family member's homes the entire week and taken advantage of their hospitality.

This occurred to me last night while I was making changes to some documents for a client. They communicate via the translator app. It doesn't always make the most logical statements after translation. I wonder if he put in something like "I can't believe they took all our food. I shouldn't even lock the door since the vultures are already in here." and it turned into "They stole all our food. I don't need to lock the door with the thieves in the house." Or something similar.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

As for a never ending stream of child support (should Karine be pregnant and Paul returns to the U.S.), I really don't see any way they could force him to pay support once he's back in the U.S.

I agree.  This is not any realistic plan, especially if Pole is not the father.  He's very fond of tests, so a DNA proving he's not daddy & a flight to US.  Boom. Done.  

It's not like the State Dept would extradite for child support even if one of his little swimmers DID limp through.

So, if Family Kareeny thinks this is a profitable plan, I believe disappointment is in the future.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

re Ricky in Medellin.  I've always heard this pronounced Med-a-yeen (ish).  He is saying Med a jin.  What's up with that?

This is actually an irritating trait of behavior on this forum(not you specifically, it's common here).  Here, it's just assumed that only a Neutral American English accent is acceptable, and all other pronunciations are just mocked. It really reeks of ignorance. Just as in English, there are many different accents and accepted pronunciations in Spanish.  Pronouncing the 'LL' as a neutral American English accent  'y' sound is the "neutral accent" accepted Mexican Spanish pronunciation(and as such is how you would almost always hear it pronounced in the USA, where Mexican Spanish is the dominant accent).  In Colombian Spanish, the "neutral accent" 'LL' is the American English 'j' sound.  In argentine spanish, they use the American english 'sh' sound (i.e. Me-dah-sheen). If you want to know more, read up on the International Phonetic Alphabet(here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet , or here: http://www.ipachart.com/ ).  

Disclaimer: Native born Missourian here with a 100% neutral American English accent that has extensively traveled the world and knows there is no one "correct" pronunciation for anything and as such does not mock ESL learners trying to pronounce my native tongue, as seems to be the favorite pastime of many posters here who want to feel superior to ESL learners.  I'd love to hear the accent free pronunciation in second languages from all of the posters here that do this, something tells me they're primarily monolinguals with little global exposure.

Edited by mistac01
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

re Ricky in Medellin.  I've always heard this pronounced Med-a-yeen (ish).  He is saying Med a jin.  What's up with that?

I thought he kept saying "Medici".  And then I thought, is there a place in Medellin called Medici, or is he a complete dumbass?

Edited by Horrified
I'm the dumbass - thanks Mistac01 for the explanation!
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, gingerella said:

IIRC, he was irate that he might miss his flight, thus being stuck with Darcey even longer. I immediately thought, dumbass, just catch the next flight and wait in the airport, you dont need to go back to CT with her. He is a moron.

Darcey asked him when the next flight was, and he said there wasn't one.  How lucky of him to have caught the very last flight ever.

Or maybe he meant there wasn't another one that night.  Which is still doubtful because it was daytime while they were driving in the winter, so his flight wasn't all that late.  But maybe there wasn't another one that night, and he would have had to spend the night in the airport.  I think they were going to JFK, but I've spent the night in LaGuardia and it wasn't wonderful, but I wouldn't hesitate to take that over spending a second with Darcey.

28 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

There is nothing wrong with stripping for a living. It's not the greatest job in the world and you certainly see men.at their worst, most base mindset. You can work nights and be at home with your family during the day. It's harmless fun for the men and easy money for the dancers  

We should agree to disagree.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

It’s not, you are correct! It’s like when people insist on calling California ‘Cali’, or San Francisco ‘Frisco’, Because nothing broadcasts that you’re a tourist trying to pretend you’re not like using tourist lingo and thinking its local lingo. So yeah, CT is the same thing. But as someone else said, people on the East coast often refer to Pennsylvania as PA, which is correct. I current live in a place that goes by both the full location name and it’s initials. So it just depends on the place, but it’s bizarre that a grown woman liken Darcey (ducks stones) refers to her home state so bizarrely. Why am I surprised, it’s Darcey, she probably looked it up on some local Urban dictionary.

ETA: I too, thought Pole was wearing a bullet proof vest. 

I thought Darcy called it CT because  between her lips and the booze she had difficulty with “Connecticut”

• Love 6

Ximena had a few days of wine, dine, shop, and sex with Ricky. That doesn't make it a relationship. And he's ready to whip out the ring he was intending for Melissa. Ugh. Run from him, Ximena.

Ang, the Social Media Hunter sums up true love as having a picture of her wrinkled carcass on Michael's phone. She is certifiable. A complete bully, and abusive. Never wanna see her frizzled hair, and drooping crepey udders on tee-vee again. Michael always looks like a beaten dog  when he's around Ang. He must be extremely desperate to get into America. 

Be careful, Mama Karine. Keep the matches away from Pol. 

I have yet to witness Darcey's and Jesse incredible love. All I've seen is bickering, and gaslighting. They made up at the end so they can continue to inflict pain and suffering on 90 day viewers. 

Jon is really good with Lucy. She is such a sweet little baby.  And for a guy who was a player he really does want to be with Rachel. Everyone has a history. Rachel has a history, and he accepts her.  

Marta and the Muslim guy. It doesn't take a psychic to see this won't go well. Mama Marta could have saved a few dollars, and got free advice from all of us. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, mistac01 said:

In Colombian Spanish, the "neutral accent" 'LL' is the American English 'j' sound.  In argentine spanish, they use the American english 'sh' shoud (i.e. Me-dah-sheen).

Thanks for the explanation.  I figured it was something along those lines, like the "th" in Castilian Spanish for some "s" sounds.

For some reason, I have no problem understanding Ricky's Spanish.

45 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I've noticed for some time that there seems to be a high incidence of smoking among health care workers.  I assumed it was because of the stress, but also always thought they, of all people, should know better. 

I think that certain professions attract adrenaline junkies.  Airport management, restaurants, and emergency health care seem to have more smokers than average.

No judgement - I'm like that, too..some people have lower dopamine levels than the general public, and feel that they do their best work in crisis conditions when the neurochemicals flow freely.  Nicotine is the strongest dopamine source that's legally available, so I understand it's appeal...

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I agree.  This is not any realistic plan, especially if Pole is not the father.  He's very fond of tests, so a DNA proving he's not daddy & a flight to US.  Boom. Done.  

It's not like the State Dept would extradite for child support even if one of his little swimmers DID limp through.

So, if Family Kareeny thinks this is a profitable plan, I believe disappointment is in the future.

I think Karine would have to actually have the baby in the US in order to make a claim for child support . 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I cannot stand the slurry way Angela speaks. I live in Georgia and it is not the Southern accent that is annoying.  Like Paul, she leaves out entire syllables.  She says "Rlayshunship"  and I just keep "replan it" in my head.  It's not "romanic".  My doter, my shild. "I'm at my Brayin point." Right when she hit him what the hell did she say? I rewound it 3 times, it sounds like she said "Better get my Georgia Assface"

Oh my god... I can't stop laughing

• Love 3
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Did anyone notice how Rachel was dressed going to the airport? Those cuffed dad jeans w/ ankle boots and a sweatshirt? What in the entire fuck? Why wouldn't she want his last impression of her to be jaw dropping?

She has looked frumpy for this entire vacation. I never saw anything besides jeans and over-sized sweatshirts and long sleeves. I get that it was cold, but she could've worn a long sleeved dress at least once with a cute jacket, or even a  cute tunic over leggings. Something! It looks like she doesn't wear any make up, or really take care of her hair either. I dress up more for a day at work than she does to meet the love of her life? Seems like someone lives in sweats and t-shirts back home in New Mexico. It's like she didn't even try from the start. Way to make an impression Rachel! 

• Love 12

I think everyone fled the resort when they saw Angela coming. She was like a mean mom scolding her son, "THAT WAS LIE TWO. SHALL WE GO ON TO THE THIRD?" with her fingers in Michael's face. You could see he was really trying to control himself during that physical altercation. Why didn't the crew step in?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Not only did she not seem to care about her clothing, not even for the nights out, but she has had a perma-frown this whole season. She just seems depressed to me. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

She has looked frumpy for this entire vacation. I never saw anything besides jeans and over-sized sweatshirts and long sleeves. I get that it was cold, but she could've worn a long sleeved dress at least once with a cute jacket, or even a  cute tunic over leggings. Something! It looks like she doesn't wear any make up, or really take care of her hair either. I dress up more for a day at work than she does to meet the love of her life? Seems like someone lives in sweats and t-shirts back home in New Mexico. It's like she didn't even try from the start. Way to make an impression Rachel! 

It looked like she had a tiny bit of mascara on when she was crying, and that she was careful about wiping her eyes so I think she had some one.

And maybe the impression she wanted to make was, "This is what I look like."  As long as she wasn't inappropriately dressed (like wearing a sweatsuit to a charity gala, or anything Angela ever wears), I have no problem with her wearing what she likes to wear, even to meet the love of her life.  Maybe even especially to meet the love of her life.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I guess it's hard to break out of the family business, plus she can't be expected to look into the future when she can't even manage to look into the present and see that integrating her career into her marriage with Algerian dude isn't going to work for even a second.

It doesn't work for most guys out here either, which explains why she is having to look online overseas for a relationship.  It might work for Jon though, since he's into that open relationship stuff!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I think Karine would have to actually have the baby in the US in order to make a claim for child support . 

No, why do people make these statements of fact on this forum when they haven't googled even the basics first?  If the woman is from a member country of and signatory to the 'The Hague Convention of 23 November 2007 on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance', then she can file for child support at her closest American Consulate if she can sufficiently prove likelihood paternity.  The US government would then force a DNA test back here stateside and garnish child support.  If the man were not within the USA, then his passport would be revoked and a sort of international warrant to "extradite to USA on sight" would be issued.  It is difficult to do in practice, but is entirely possible.

https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/specialised-sections/child-support

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/intl-child-support.html

• Love 7

Anyone notice the sweat factor in Nigeria? Mah-kull looked like a shiny old car and Ang looked like a sumo wrestler dripping in sweat... especially her neck... which my eyes always go to when she talks, I’ve never seen a neck like that!!  she needs skin removal in the trachea area... ?

she reminds me of a raisin or the larger version a date... XXL

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Darcey asked him when the next flight was, and he said there wasn't one.  How lucky of him to have caught the very last flight ever.

Or maybe he meant there wasn't another one that night.  Which is still doubtful because it was daytime while they were driving in the winter, so his flight wasn't all that late.  But maybe there wasn't another one that night, and he would have had to spend the night in the airport.  I think they were going to JFK, but I've spent the night in LaGuardia and it wasn't wonderful, but I wouldn't hesitate to take that over spending a second with Darcey.

I think it might not have been "there isn't one" as an actual fact, but "OMG I DO NOT WANT TO PAY A CHANGE FEE" which, for an international flight would probably be a lot, unless you get a merciful agent at the ticket counter.  Which, tbh, was the first thing that occurred to me when Darcey said "when's the next flight" - this isn't a train from the city to CEE TEE, Darcey.

• Love 5
On 9/17/2018 at 3:38 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Do we think that dim bulb called Jon would notice what she was wearing?

Yes, bc he's a horndog who is really into women and, ostensibly, their sex appeal. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:06 PM, iwasish said:

Actually that is the one thing about Rachel I like . If this is how she dresses in her everyday life then I see no reason she should dress differently to meet Jon. Or she may be self conscience about some excess remaining baby weight.  Should she show up dressed like Angela or Melissa?  I’m a jeans and top sort of woman myself, so I’m on her side on this.

jeans (and obviously a top) are fine. But why those jeans?? they are unflattering, butchy dad jeans, completely devoid of any sex appeal, fashion sense and even pedestrian-level cuteness. She's now a short, stocky little fire hydrant (but still w/ a nice can) and she could do sooooooooooo much better. In person, I thought Melissa looked nice. Angela, hell no. Why do some women find it so challenging to strike a good balance of the sexy/schlumpy scale?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Also on the next episode: a woman who is unfavorably compared to free soda refills gets special cosmetic procedures done for a man who is crossing the Atlantic to break up with her.

Of course he is crossing the Atlantic to "break up" with her because TLC is paying for it and wants to get them into another episode or two.  And these two want to keep their 15 minutes of fame going into another season.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

I had the same question, so I googled "Pronunciation of Medellin, Colombia."  In Colombian Spanish, it is correct to say "Med a jin."  So let's give Ricky credit for being right . . . about one thing.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Yes, bc he's a horndog who is really into women and, ostensibly, their sex appeal. 

jeans (and obviously a top) are fine. But why those jeans. they are unflattering, butchy dad jeans, completely devoid of any sex appeal, fashion sense and even pedestrian-level cuteness. She's now a short, stockly little fire hydrant (but still w/ a nice can) and she could do sooooooooooo much better. In person, I thought Melissa looked nice. Angela, hell no. Why do some women find it so challenging to strike a good balance of the sexy/safe scale?

You are correct, there are much more flattering jeans than the ones she wore. There are also nice khakis and dress slacks. 

22 minutes ago, GoGamecox said:

I want to do an episode of "What Not To Wear" for Angela, Rachel, Tarik, and Paul. I think Rachel could be stunning if she took her game up a notch. Angela needs a new hair color and some toned down makeup/clothes, and she would be much more attractive. I want to throw Tarik's Egyptian tank and mesh shirt in the gigantic garbage can. Paul needs some clothes that actually fit. I've got this. 

I was thinking the same thing and you beat me to it. They don't make that show anymore I think, but a good thing about Stacey and Clinton is that they could show people how to dress in a way that flatters a figure no matter what size. And show people how to dress appropriate in general. 

And where in the unholy hell do they sell all these torn up trashy cold shoulder redneck saying shirts? I have never stumbled upon anything of the sort and you know grangzilla is probably not clothes shopping online. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

And where in the unholy hell do they sell all these torn up trashy cold shoulder redneck saying shirts?

At a flea market. In the back of some old guy's van.  Right next to the knock-off perfumes and "designer" sunglasses.

And Jesus purses.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

jeans (and obviously a top) are fine. But why those jeans. they are unflattering, butchy dad jeans, completely devoid of any sex appeal, fashion sense and even pedestrian-level cuteness. She's now a short, stockly little fire hydrant (but still w/ a nice can) and she could do sooooooooooo much better. In person, I thought Melissa looked nice. Angela, hell no. Why do some women find it so challenging to strike a good balance of the sexy/safe scale?

Maybe she can't afford to keep up with the trends and just reached into her closet from her first pregnancy?  Not sure, but she's a new mom with a body that hasn't bounced back into shape, may never bounce back into shape.  Maybe she's waiting to replenish her wardrobe when she loses some weight?

Granted, if I were meeting the love of my life, I'd probably opt for some cute, comfy clothes that are figure flattering.  When they first met, I got the impression he was not wowed by her esp since she looked really attractive in the videos and pics she had sent him.  Towards the end, I think he was in love.  I do think Rachel is a pretty woman.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, mistac01 said:

This is actually an irritating trait of behavior on this forum(not you specifically, it's common here).  Here, it's just assumed that only a Neutral American English accent is acceptable, and all other pronunciations are just mocked. It really reeks of ignorance. Just as in English, there are many different accents and accepted pronunciations in Spanish.  Pronouncing the 'LL' as a neutral American English accent  'y' sound is the "neutral accent" accepted Mexican Spanish pronunciation(and as such is how you would almost always here it pronounced in the USA, where Mexican Spanish is the dominant accent).  In Colombian Spanish, the "neutral accent" 'LL' is the American English 'j' sound.  In argentine spanish, they use the American english 'sh' sound (i.e. Me-dah-sheen). If you want to know more, read up on the International Phonetic Alphabet(here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet , or here: http://www.ipachart.com/ ).  

Disclaimer: Native born Missourian here with a 100% neutral American English accent that has extensively traveled the world and knows there is no one "correct" pronunciation for anything and as such does not mock ESL learners trying to pronounce my native tongue, as seems to be the favorite pastime of many posters here who want to feel superior to ESL learners.  I'd love to hear the accent free pronunciation in second languages from all of the posters here that do this, something tells me they're primarily monolinguals with little global exposure.

Cripes!  I'm just asking, not mocking.  

50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I had the same question, so I googled "Pronunciation of Medellin, Colombia."  In Colombian Spanish, it is correct to say "Med a jin."  So let's give Ricky credit for being right . . . about one thing.

Thank you.  I actually didn't realize there were different pronunciations and thought he was in a different city, until somebody else (was it X?) said Med -a -yeen.  

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I stick to jeans and tops too because I mostly care about comfort, but I can always find feminine and not plain looking tops that are still comfortable. I'll admit I kept staring at the jeans and shoes in that airport scene and thought for a second that it looked like she was wearing Jon's clothes and was like, dafuq? I wouldn't even know where to find women's jeans like those in 2018 (or I guess this was filmed in 2017) to be honest with you.

• Love 8

I type medical reports and I was just doing one that was about kidney poles.  Well, of course, that made me think of Pole!!  And it occurred to me that perhaps Karine's family actually did just come and TAKE their food.  We are assuming they were there as company for a meal...but we don't know that.  If they simply took their supplies, "thieves" might be a better descriptor.  

1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

I think that certain professions attract adrenaline junkies.  Airport management, restaurants, and emergency health care seem to have more smokers than average.

No judgement - I'm like that, too..some people have lower dopamine levels than the general public, and feel that they do their best work in crisis conditions when the neurochemicals flow freely.  Nicotine is the strongest dopamine source that's legally available, so I understand it's appeal...

that's interesting!  I am adrenaline averse (I hate the anxiety!!!).  I guess I need a job petting dogs.  

• Love 4