Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Ricky is pathetic. Who really thinks that camo is a good idea when traveling abroad?,

I almost couldn’t see him in those scenes, so confusing.  Also: guy, a onesie and a fanny pack is not a good look. 

I am more surprised now when Jessie and Darcey have the mutually delusional “a love like this is once in a lifetime” moment than when they fight like Itchy and Scratchy.  I feel like “babe” is a Dutch perjorative/expletive of some kind. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Splithair said:

Darcey and Jesse waste a lot of good food.  If I was their relationship therapist, I would suggest a small snack an hour or so before dinner.  Could the root of all their issues be hangriness?

Maybe they should order a plate of snails. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, millennium said:

nononononono

Oh yes.  You just know she's feasting on the Nigerian sausage very night.

Angie said she just wanted to relax at the hotel, and Mike dragged her to the market.  She thought he would drop her off, and she could sneak out for a cig.  That's why she was moody, he ruined her plans.

Why the hell does Jesse want to leave Amsterdam.  It's a beautiful place, so he must be running from something.  When I was in Amsterdam, I didn't want to come home to the US.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ChiMama said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL .....You win this week's gold star. I laughed almost as long as a Philippine church service at this brilliant nugget. Well done! :)

I totally agree.   I almost spit my Diet Dr Pepper all over my desk

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Angela has a big personality and a seemingly big heart.  I honestly believe she was grumpy because she was going through nicotine withdrawal.  

Jon is clearly not as enamored with Rachel as she is with him.  If he isn't feeling her, it would probably be best if he pulls the plug now before Lucy gets attached.  

I think Tarik is starting to realize that Hazel is only using him for a way out.  

Paul is really slow.  I can't believe he doesn't see that something is off with Karine.  She is puffy, "lazy" and doesn't seem to have a lot of energy.  Gee, I wonder why.  

Paul is really slow but i don't think early pg symptoms are anything a guy notices. (I don't know if she's pg or not).  Totally agree about Jon, that glazed look of 'what have I done' lol

• Love 4
8 hours ago, pinky33 said:

Angela is quickly spiraling downwards... I was impressed at her graciousness towards Michael's mom especially when she rejected the purse and asked for one like Angela's (ummmm, what?). But, I was so grossed out at the "exchange" of the snail between Angela and Michael. I'm sure she knows how to swallow....

BEST comment of the evening!!! 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I had a flashback to the infamous voodoo chicken feet in "the D.R." as served by Family Pedro to Family Chantel.

Agreed. She had obviously learned some common phrases in the language . . . she made an effort. And she was gracious and warm to Michael's family & friends. I felt bad for her in the market. His expectations for how a woman should dress, act, talk, and (not) smoke do not match Angela's personality at all. They will NOT marry and some Joe Bob at home who she might have rejected before is going to look awfully good to her now.

I'd eat chicken feet over those snails.  I have a very weak stomach and gagged at the kissing snail exchange

• Love 4
7 hours ago, millennium said:

Did you hear him apologize to the waitress?   "I apologize for the shouting."  Translation: "I'm sorry you had to witness me in the company of this stupid bitch."

I see it as him trying to be so suave and well mannered, that he has to apologize to a waitress who probably didn't hear anything, and if she did couldn't care less.  It was his way of "being better" than Darcey again.  

7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Despite Angela’s shortcomings, Angela > Nicole 

Yes, Angela appears to have tried to learn some Nigerian and was very gracious. 

• Love 16

I’ve noticed that this show has affected our spelling and subsequent name pronunciations by the cast of characters.  Karineeeeeeey!!! We’ve now added random “e” in names, I presume because we are horrified at what horriblee humane beeings theese peoplee aree ine lifee.

The horrible human beings in this instance are Darcey and Stacey's parents who spelled their names this way. Believe me, I do not enjoy it but I am a stickler for spelling.

• Love 6
Just now, Granny58 said:

I see it as him trying to be so suave and well mannered, that he has to apologize to a waitress who probably didn't hear anything, and if she did couldn't care less.  It was his way of "being better" than Darcey again.  

I had the same impression, that the waitress didn't hear or care.   But he had to go out of his way to make a point to a complete stranger that this ... this ... woman... had driven him to lose his precision-calibrated temper.

1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

Do not tell a New Yorker how to eat pizza, Dutch boy!  If there is etiquette surrounding windmills, maybe then I'll be willing to hear what you have to say.

Or paint, maybe.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Dobian said:

I'm Catholic and I couldn't deal with Hazel's Baptist/Revivalist/Whatever religion.  When I go to church it's quiet and relaxing and over with in under an hour.

that was exactly my thought!

• Love 3

Rachel pisses me off the most, when little kids are involved (and from different dads yet) I go ballistic.  "It's a little shocking Jon doesn't want to be called Dad because he was there before her birth, during her birth..."  Uhh no, that was only in your pathetic catfish dreams!

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Ricky was heated that his cousin was laughing at him. I’m not sure how he thinks the world isn’t laughing at him. At least his cousin cares about him. Melissa does not. I cried laughing at her perfectly arranged “homework” photo. Buy a clue, Ricky. And don’t ever wear that outfit again.

True, but I didn't like that his cousin was saying "Melissa" not wanting to see him again was because Ricky didn't kiss her. No, cousin. That is not the reason at all. Cousin is as delusional as Ricky. Must run in the family. 

• Love 19
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not only a tank top, but one with a giant image of a what is that--a pharaoh?--on it.  I really wish they'd shown him picking out his outfit for the day, with narration.  "Aah, the tank top with the pharaoh!  Yes!!"

And don't forget the too small red checked hat that I perch sideways on my head.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, millennium said:

Tonight was the first I heard of Darcey having an identical twin.    

There was a youtube doc I saw awhile ago that I can't seem to find...they thought they were going to be the next big thing on a series "The Twin Life"  Nice try, losers!  Did they ever get a court date btw?

I’ve noticed that this show has affected our spelling and subsequent name pronunciations by the cast of characters.  Karineeeeeeey!!! We’ve now added random “e” in names, I presume because we are horrified at what horriblee humane beeings theese peoplee aree ine lifee.

Jessee and Darcey and Stacey and Pole can all get off my screeney at any time.

I spell it Kareeeneee because of the annoying way Paul says it!

8 hours ago, millennium said:

Had to chuckle when Paul lectured her about the dryer lint:  "This could cause a fire," I should know because I'm an arsonist..

Hahaaa

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Honey said:

Why the hell does Jesse want to leave Amsterdam.  It's a beautiful place, so he must be running from something.  When I was in Amsterdam, I didn't want to come home to the US.

My thought is that she convinced him she was rich and had connections in the modeling business. Look at his Facebook page, it’s nothing but him strutting his stuff for the camera.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If I were their relationship therapist, I’d tell Darcy to head for the hills and not leave a forwarding address. And I’d tell Herr Meester to take his ripped clothing and go back to Amsterdam. We have enough emotionally and verbally abusive men in the U.S. already.

As horrible as Jesse is, I'm still somewhat impressed with how he turned out, given his parents (aka raised by wolves)

9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

It turns out that Darcey butts heads with her twin, too, surprise, surprise.

and quite literally too!

• Love 4

One of my favourite parts of the 90 Day Franchise is when the American tastes a special cuisine from the country they are visiting. It never ceases to make me laugh how the American cannot handle the food. This time we get Angela not being able to handle the snails Michael's mother made for her in Nigeria and instead instructs Michael to kiss her so she can spit the food into his mouth. I wanted to throw up, but at the same time found it hilarious. My husband also pointed out Angela sounds like Ursula from The Little Mermaid when she laughs. Spot on. :)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I had the same impression, that the waitress didn't hear or care.   But he had to go out of his way to make a point to a complete stranger that this ... this ... woman... had driven him to lose his precision-calibrated temper.

Especially since this isn’t random waitress in not busy restaurant who is trying to run lines because it’s slow and her weird customers are shouting and she is worried, but waitress who has been asked to work the “cleared out for filming” section of the place and has signed the filming waiver and is being compensated for the loss of tips, and her weird customers are shouting and the film crew told her where to stand not to ruin the shouting shot.  So was she really expecting anything other than weirdness given all the weirdness precedent?   Not to mention NYC pizza joint waitress has seen it all in the normal course of business, Jesse, babe.   And I mean “babe” in the Dutch pejorative sense.  

• Love 8

D: You keep elbowing me.
J: No I'm not, why are you lying?

Who the hell answers "you're lying" when told they are elbowing? Jesse, the normal answer is: "Sorry I didn't realize." You can add this tip to your life coaching manual.

D: I'm not (lying)! But you're kinda going like that! (mimics) OK I'll just shuffle over here.

So Jesse, the conversation can stop right here, you don't always have to answer or escalate, You can say "sorry" again. Or "sorry I'll try not to do it again, come closer, love." You DO NOT answer:
J: I'm just sitting here stretching, babe. FUCK! It's always something with you!

D: Oh geez (contorts face) you're so RuuuuuuUUuuuude!
J: No... that's just REALITY!

Jesse, you mean YES that's just reality, because Darcey's right, it is you who was being rude.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Hmm... maybe they should use a translator app.

Speaking of clothes... Jesse wearing white jeans with knee-holes and a white shirt.  Gah!  Who dresses like that?

A Wham Cover Band. The only thing missing was CHOOSE LIFE in bold black letters.

2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

D: You keep elbowing me.
J: No I'm not, why are you lying?

Who the hell answers "you're lying" when told they are elbowing? Jesse, the normal answer is: "Sorry I didn't realize." You can add this tip to your life coaching manual.

D: I'm not (lying)! But you're kinda going like that! (mimics) OK I'll just shuffle over here.

So Jesse, the conversation can stop right here, you don't always have to answer or escalate, You can say "sorry" again. Or "sorry I'll try not to do it again, come closer, love." You DO NOT answer:
J: I'm just sitting here stretching, babe. FUCK! It's always something with you!

D: Oh geez (contorts face) you're so RuuuuuuUUuuuude!
J: No... that's just REALITY!

Jesse, you mean YES that's just reality, because Darcey's right, it is you who was being rude.

And the whole time, he's sitting there with his arms akimbo, his pointy little elbows jabbing at her sides.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 13

Darcy was dressed with all the designer labels she could get into one outfit...Chanel bag, Laboutin shoes, fancy tee, Chanel jacket etc. I’m sure Jesse is wearing his ripped best in hopes that she will take him label shopping too. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Ricky was heated that his cousin was laughing at him. I’m not sure how he thinks the world isn’t laughing at him. At least his cousin cares about him. Melissa does not. I cried laughing at her perfectly arranged “homework” photo. Buy a clue, Ricky. And don’t ever wear that outfit again.

She perfectly arranged that homework right before her boyfriend and she messed it all up by having sex on top of it.

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Darcy was dressed with all the designer labels she could get into one outfit...Chanel bag, Laboutin shoes, fancy tee, Chanel jacket etc. I’m sure Jesse is wearing his ripped best in hopes that she will take him label shopping too. 

If he's lucky he might even get a trip to Ho of 11 (her store).

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Agreed. [Angela] had obviously learned some common phrases in the language . . . she made an effort. And she was gracious and warm to Michael's family & friends.

Just when I get comfortable despising her, she does something like show that she learned some of the language or shake neighbors' hands, and I just can't hate her.  I think she has a good heart underneath that overwhelming veneer. 

1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The horrible human beings in this instance are Darcey and Stacey's parents who spelled their names this way. Believe me, I do not enjoy it but I am a stickler for spelling.

I agree on the Darcey, but Stacey (like Tracey) have prevalent long enough that I give them a pass.  I assume the same will happen with Darcey.  I just wish it didn't have to be on my watch.

• Love 9

We spend every Sunday night feeling a little guilty about watching this train wreck . . . but it's the best comedy show on television.  

BTW, I was heartbroken when Grangela refused to eat that plate of snails.  I LOVE escargot.  

• Love 4

Michael and Angela are my favorite couple.  I hate my job and this is the second Monday in a row I'm going to work with a smile on my face thinking about the mess these two are.  The snail scene was gross of course.   It was kind of weird that no one else was eating the snails.    I was dying when she bought the cigarettes, he was so against it, but there was no way she wasn't going to smoke.  From the previews on the first episode it looks like things end badly for them but who knows they fraud us all the time with their editing. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We are booked on a Caribbean cruise over Christmas. The info on our stop in Grenada specifically warned that we would not be permitted to leave the ship in any type of camo clothing. When we travel, we try to research things like appropriate clothing.

Besides appropriate clothing, how about something at least flattering.  You are meeting your alleged future fiancé and their families....not to mention you KNOW you are being filmed for the world to see.  

Angela, why not do something for your man like buy a Nigerian outfit to wear why you are there (at least once).  He would be so happy and it would be a great souvenir too!

• Love 10

Where was Michael’s hot friend, David? Is Michael hiding him from Angela? Can’t have any threats to obtaining that green card. A Nigerian guy gave me his number the other day and I laughed because there were like 30 digits in that thing. That’s a phone call I’m not willing to make. Maybe I’ll pass it along to Marlboro Angie (TM someone hilarious).

We are booked on a Caribbean cruise over Christmas. The info on our stop in Grenada specifically warned that we would not be permitted to leave the ship in any type of camo clothing. When we travel, we try to research things like appropriate clothing.

Same in Barbados. I don’t know what Ricky could wear instead, to gaze into the sunset.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

If any man spoke to me the way Jesse speaks to Darcey he'd end up as a stain on the sidewalk. He gets off on humiliating her on camera, but more fool her for putting up with it. Run, Darcey, run! I don't just see a red flag with this abuser, but a flashing light and a siren. If you can't see the warning signs, what the hell is wrong with you?

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Angela, why not do something for your man like buy a Nigerian outfit to wear why you are there (at least once).  He would be so happy and it would be a great souvenir too!

Then when she goes home instead of burying it in the back of her closet she could have had throw pillows made of the decorative fabric. Heck, with the amount of fabric she could have recovered the kitchen/dining room chairs. 

• Love 5

My 12 year old daughter and I watched this episode last night.  She showed me something briefly on her phone, took maybe 15 seconds.  In that time frame Darci and Jesse went from lovey-dovey to screaming and crying.  My daughter and I just looked at each other and laughed.  I think Darci and Jesse live for the drama, and the cameras.

Edited by Phoebe70
missed a word
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I agree on the Darcey, but Stacey (like Tracey) have prevalent long enough that I give them a pass.  I assume the same will happen with Darcey.  I just wish it didn't have to be on my watch.

That is true, and I grudgingly respect the parallel structure. But “Darcey” is still annoying like “spicey” and “smokey.”

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s that they were unfamiliar and she would have to try them on around people she didn’t know. She doesn’t know the sizing structure, if they carried her size or would have to make one for her custom- she would probably be embarrassed if they combined two dresses to make one for her (I don’t agree but I can see how she feels that way). This is a woman that lives in leggings and big oversized tops. 

Funny story.  I'm 5'5" and weigh 130 pounds and wear a size 6.  I was in China and saw a shirt I liked in a store.  The store owner said, "Oh, you like?  We have size extra-large for you!"  I felt terrible then, although I now laugh about it.  In Angi's defense, she must feel like a cow compared to all those thin Nigerian women.  I felt sorry for her.

• Love 9

(1) I think at this point, I'd love to see a Jesse/Darcy reality show because their bickering is so childish but also hilarious to me now.

(2) Karinny is now worse looking that Paul.  May even be as creepy.

(3) Michael's mom was so ungracious accepting that beautiful purse. 

(4) God I love this shitshow. 

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

(1) I think at this point, I'd love to see a Jesse/Darcy reality show because their bickering is so childish but also hilarious to me now.

(2) Karinny is now worse looking that Paul.  May even be as creepy.

(3) Michael's mom was so ungracious accepting that beautiful purse. 

(4) God I love this shitshow. 

I think they are now a good match, both creepy. 

• Love 4

Tarik.. the single bed in the AirBnB was a bit creepy. However, I give him major credit for sitting through SIX HOURS of church! The heat would have gotten to me and by Hour 3, TLC would have gotten some seriously perturbed facial expressions out of me. He did well.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Rachel pisses me off the most, when little kids are involved (and from different dads yet) I go ballistic.  "It's a little shocking Jon doesn't want to be called Dad because he was there before her birth, during her birth..."  Uhh no, that was only in your pathetic catfish dreams!

AMEN.

She's a fucking idiot.  

I'm guessing John is looking at this woman and thinking, um, I need an exit strategy as I thought from her videos she looked hot.  I can do better in England.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

And Darcey is very much like someone I know who dates MUCH younger guys and is drawn to those who “fight for her love.” She’s broken up with a few really great guys because they got along so well, so it was “boring.” She likes the “passion” of a nonstop fighting, break-up, and make-up cycle. So while we’re all incredulous that Jesse and Darcey have to be in it for the TV exposure because why the hell would these two WANT to be together, last night’s fights and sniping at each other in the interviews, etc., I realize that these two are made for each other’s dysfunction.

I know someone exactly like this too. She loves the fights, the drama, but more than anything she loves attention-whoring every time she has a crisis in one of her relationships. None of her friends want to hear about the latest fight/crisis - 20 years of continual rocky relationships and drama and we're all bored already. A few years ago a group of us were out celebrating someone's birthday, and of course, the attention-whore just had to get into a fight by text with her latest beloved, and wound up crying and carrying on and managed to take the spotlight off our friend who was celebrating her 40th. 

Darcey and Jesse. I loathe both of them. It's clear they hate each other, I don't care what happens to them, partially because I feel they're fake as hell, and also because they deserve each other and the drama they each bring to their relationship. He's an ass and she's pathetic. I disagree with some people who feel that she could do better than him. She's a high-maintenance, vapid, 40 plus woman who brings the drama of a teen. No self-respecting, decent man her age (approximately) wants that shit. A good catch she ain't - hence Jesse. It's a cycle between them. She or he snipes, the other over-reacts...rinse, repeat. They're both bad catches - the kind you pull out of the net and toss back. 

Jon and Rachel annoy me. He's dull, but she's not the brightest either. Has she totally forgotten that she has another child? Why is it only Lucy that's part of the package deal? I feel for both children, but especially for the older daughter. 

Pole and Karine bore me. Like many of you, I think she may already be pregnant and he's too stupid to realise that's why she's suddenly pushing for starting a family. 

Hazel and Tarik. He's a pig. Sad, because he seemed like such a good guy in his intro episode. Hazel's desperate, he knows it. In this case he deserves whatever's coming to him. She'll never love or respect him, but, like Jorge, he deserves it. 

Angela and Michael. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of like her! She has heart under her boisterous demeanour. He's cute, and so far he's likeable. They're my favourite couple so far. I also don't think he meant to insult her by saying she's fat. 

• Love 21