Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E30: Road Rage

druzy
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

I am familiar with special education/IEP's as I have a special needs child myself- why wouldn't Leah question the decision right away when the Principal told her that they were taking Ali's aide away? If she has in her IEP that Ali needs an aide then they would be in violation....

I've been through years of IEPs myself (my daughter is disabled), and you're right.  It doesn't make sense, first of all, that the principal would just announce this casually as she walked back into her office.  At the very least, she would have called Leah and/or Corey to give them a heads-up if such a move was in the works.  It's not the people who actually work in the school who decide these things, and I am 100% sure the principal wants Ali to have her aide.  I am sure the principal is on the parents' side in this.  The principal may have been instructed not to be helpful to the parents in questioning this (illegal) move, but in no way was this the principal's decision, and there's no way she wouldn't have warned them.  This kind of "transfer" doesn't happen overnight.  Even if Leah was notified while she was in Hawaii, Corey is the custodial parent and should be the primary contact.  Something is really fishy here.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

It’s a common misconception that you need a CCP to have your gun in your car.

Legally, your car is considered an extension of your home, so you can absolutely carry your gun in your car without a CCP. 

I am sorry but in NC this is incorrect. Unless Janelle has CCP that gun cannot be under her seat. I found this explaining:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article204193289.html

For instance, it’s illegal to carry a concealed gun in a car without a concealed carry permit. And if you’re pulled over while driving with a concealed gun, you are legally required to tell the police officer you’re carrying.

In a car, a weapon is considered concealed if it’s out of sight but readily accessible, like under the seat, in a purse or in an unlocked glove box.

But if the glove box is locked, or if the gun is in the trunk or in another locked container, it’s not considered a concealed weapon. So that’s one option for people who want to travel with guns but don’t have a concealed carry permit. It’s also legal to travel with a gun, and without a concealed carry permit, if the gun is openly displayed.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jenelle is attractive?

On a completely surface level, I think she is.  Doesn't mean I like her or that she's a decent human being, but she's far from having the sort of facial features that most people would find unattractive.  Physically, of course.  And assuming you can get past the cold, dead eyes.

54 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Unpopular opinion but I also blame Barb for letting her residual longing for Jenelle's love and hope for reconciliation allow her to look the other way and do nothing but finger wag to producers as Jace is exposed to increasingly abusive and life-threatening situations in Jenelle's care.

The defense I always hear is that she's doing her best.  I, personally, don't think that cuts it.  Yes, she stepped up, but she didn't follow through.  She was an active participant in the violent arguments Jace witnessed when he was a baby, which I can't forgive.  And I agree with you that she has sacrificed Jace to try to keep Jenelle in her life. 

But one thing I think we all agree on, regardless of our opinion of Barbara (nobody seems to like Jenelle, for obvious reasons), is that Jace has an uphill climb, if he's not already doomed, and that's very sad.

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Lots of people don't have parents in their lives and still manage to accomplish something, personally and professionally. Once again,  you aren't  special.  

No Kailyn isn’t special, but if she had two ounces of fucking self awareness she could acknowledge that not having loving/nurturing parents (or any extended family members- like a grandparent) growing up affected herself self esteem and how she functions in the world and she could be a better person. But NO she has to be so self righteous. 

Every child deserves unconditional love and safety. If you aren’t able to get that from your parents (because they are dead or gone) I would hope someone would step in and love you like that. Hell Im 32 and still feel supported by my Mom’s love. Currently watching my Great aunt go through dementia (the last of that generation of my family) and I’m missing the relationship we used to have while still wanting to cherish her while she’s here. 

Kailyn is vile in so many ways but I see humanity there. And not having present parents is actually something that I do feel sorry she had to endure growing up. 

44 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

"I don't have a mom or a dad but I have 35 different baby daddy relatives to babysit my kids while I take my 47 vacations, abusive tendencies, and a delusion that I have a career in broadcasting because I have my makeup professionally done for 3 hours to talk on a podcast once a month!"

Word. Why Kailyn why?!! Take yourself to therapy so that 20yrs from now your boys won’t be talking about how they cannot have a relationship with you!

• Love 14

I do think Jenelle is pretty, but her personality, her spirit, her overall being is very unattractive.

Regarding Devoin (what is with that spelling? I've always wondered about it) sleeping in Briana's bed. That apartment they ALL live in is so cramped and packed, and Brittany is often lounging on the couch, it makes sense to me that he's in her bed. He was going to be there a while, so why not give him his own space? And doesn't Nova also sleep in there? I was going to say something about them upgrading with their Teen Mom 2 money but do they even have any, with Bri getting plastic surgery AGAIN?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Also, (although this doesn’t apply to Leah because TM$), lawsuits cost money. It takes money to sue the school system and many parents just don’t have that kind of extra money to start the lawsuit/get a lawyer/pay court fees even if they sued for court fees and legal expenses to be paid by the school if they won. It takes money to sue. 

It's my understanding that the school system has to cover expenses if the parents win the suit, and if the aide is written into the IEP I'm sure the parents would win the suit.  Plus, since this is so high-profile, I'm sure there are lawyers in Charleston (as the state capital, it's full of lawyers) who would take the case on a contingency basis, meaning no money for lawyers unless the case was won, and then the school district would pay.  I believe that when IDEA was first enacted, the school district had to pay for the child's lawyer up front, but that was changed a few years ago iirc.

Further, Ali's family would not be suing the school but the system.  There's no reason to believe she would be treated any differently by the school staff if her family sued the school district.  It's not like suing your doctor.  As I said earlier, I'm sure Ali's teacher wants an aide for Ali in the room--in my experience (my daughter had a one-on-one aide throughout her inclusion in typical classes) the aide is a welcome extra adult in the room.  The child with the disability doesn't need the aide 100% of the time, and my daughter's aide was always happy to lend a hand with the other students.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

It's my understanding that the school system has to cover expenses if the parents win the suit, and if the aide is written into the IEP I'm sure the parents would win the suit.  Plus, since this is so high-profile, I'm sure there are lawyers in Charleston (as the state capital, it's full of lawyers) who would take the case on a contingency basis, meaning no money for lawyers unless the case was won, and then the school district would pay.  I believe that when IDEA was first enacted, the school district had to pay for the child's lawyer up front, but that was changed a few years ago iirc.

Further, Ali's family would not be suing the school but the system.  There's no reason to believe she would be treated any differently by the school staff if her family sued the school district.  It's not like suing your doctor.  As I said earlier, I'm sure Ali's teacher wants an aide for Ali in the room--in my experience (my daughter had a one-on-one aide throughout her inclusion in typical classes) the aide is a welcome extra adult in the room.  The child with the disability doesn't need the aide 100% of the time, and my daughter's aide was always happy to lend a hand with the other students.

I couldn't agree more! I love having students with aides in my room. It actually changes the culture of the classroom! The aide is able to implicitly and explicitly teach students to be more accepting of others, and befriends kids in the process. I also love having another adult in the room to chime in during class discussions and offer their perspective! It also helps the school nurse, which helps admin. I'm sure everyone wants Ali to have an aide! I really don't believe we are hearing the whole story. I'm thinking Leah either missed a meeting, or just didn't understand what they were saying to her. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I couldn't agree more! I love having students with aides in my room. It actually changes the culture of the classroom! The aide is able to implicitly and explicitly teach students to be more accepting of others, and befriends kids in the process. I also love having another adult in the room to chime in during class discussions and offer their perspective! It also helps the school nurse, which helps admin. I'm sure everyone wants Ali to have an aide! I really don't believe we are hearing the whole story. I'm thinking Leah either missed a meeting, or just didn't understand what they were saying to her. 

I posted a chat Leah posted regarding this on Leah's thread. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Claire85 said:

Holy crap, that music they played during the road rage scene creeped me out. Nothing that sounds like that ends well.

I think they should have showed her pulling out the gun. Why not? Let everyone see  what a psycho she is. 

At the very end of the episode, I realized that I was tensing up like I was waiting for the final jump scare at the end of a horror movie.  It was like the music had me convinced that Janelle was going to dive through the driver's side window at the last minute to attack Jace before the screen cut to black.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Chelsea: I have no storyline so I’ll take Watson to a museum where he won’t really understand what’s going on. Then we’ll have multiple scenes in the car: visitation, blah, blah, Adam, blah blah, he doesn’t visit her, blah blah…. goodnight.

And I guess Randy wasnt answering his phone because Cole was forced to contribute to the Adam-bashing.

In a previous episode's thread, somebody mentioned that UBT should be more like Cole regarding custody issues and bashing their wives' exes. Before this episode, Cole didn't get involved and didn't offer his opinions. I miss that Cole. 

• Love 5

Help me here, did she lose her aide? Or she's just going to have a different one? If the school did decide it wasn't necessary, Leah would have been told in a meeting. An IEP review one where she could have fought it and refused to sign. Someone translate Leah speak.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MitaJo said:

I do think Jenelle is pretty, but her personality, her spirit, her overall being is very unattractive.

Regarding Devoin (what is with that spelling? I've always wondered about it) sleeping in Briana's bed. That apartment they ALL live in is so cramped and packed, and Brittany is often lounging on the couch, it makes sense to me that he's in her bed. He was going to be there a while, so why not give him his own space? And doesn't Nova also sleep in there? I was going to say something about them upgrading with their Teen Mom 2 money but do they even have any, with Bri getting plastic surgery AGAIN?

I read him and Brianna are back together (Devion)...

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh Jenelle, Jenelle, Jenelle...smh. 

Even David thought she was insane for what she did. And she didn’t even tell him the part where she pulled the gun on him. And of course she hung up on him. 

53 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

And I guess Randy wasnt answering his phone because Cole was forced to contribute to the Adam-bashing.

In a previous episode's thread, somebody mentioned that UBT should be more like Cole regarding custody issues and bashing their wives' exes. Before this episode, Cole didn't get involved and didn't offer his opinions. I miss that Cole. 

Chelsea has mentioned that Cole has very strong opinions about the whole thing, he just doesn’t generally speak out about it on camera. But I think once he realized they hadda drive Aubrey to the visitation center, which is just...not a good place to go, from what I gather, I think he’d reached his limit and was pissed. I don’t blame him. 

24 minutes ago, Court said:

Help me here, did she lose her aide? Or she's just going to have a different one? If the school did decide it wasn't necessary, Leah would have been told in a meeting. An IEP review one where she could have fought it and refused to sign. Someone translate Leah speak.

Leah said it in the episode, it means Ali has LOST her aid and no longer has an aid. That’s fucked up of the school. Ali very clearly needs an aid. 

Ideally, what you said would happen but it doesn’t always happen that way, people find ways around standard protocol all the time. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 14
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Court said:

I consulted Google Translate:

leah.png

I put the following posts into the translation generator:

image.thumb.png.b582bc7fcce4cb8925705afe8b74fe16.png

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Quilty said:

Janelle followed the guy. Ran over his mailbox on purpose. Pulls a gun and says "Dude leave me alone!" Classic Janelle.

LMAO at the “pulls a gun and says “Leave me alone!” Ahahaha only Jenelle. 

If Jenelle were a man, I’m not so sure she’d be alive right now. Real talk. The dude she pulled that gun on said he was armed at the time and I think he woulda been in the legal right to shoot her right then.

You don’t pull a gun on somebody as a bluff, a threat, for dramatic effect, as a way to get somebody to comply with what you want them to do. THAT is how you die. You don’t know what they have or whether they’re prepared to call your bluff. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Mother Witch Roxanne's "you're a camera whore" lecture would hold more water if she wasn't doing exactly what she was lecturing him about.  Oh! The irony!

YES! Briana’s mother and sister are getting on my nerves. They are sooo dramatic and attention-seeking. It’s too much, like shut the fuck up, they are so extra. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I’ve been saying ever since we met David that the whole “David & Jenelle out on the land” thing isn’t going to end well. (And I still think that it won’t end well.)

But I always thought David was the more dangerous one in the Jenelle + David + swampland + guns + kids equation.

I’m not so sure anymore. Jenelle is physically smaller, but I think she might be just a tad crazier and more aggressive than David. He told her not to follow the dude. He was actually a voice of reason. Jenelle was raging hard and she had a gun. I’m not so sure that whatever happens when things “end” at the swamp will be at David’s hands anymore. I just hope none of the kids are around whenever it happens (whatever “it” is). Jenelle needs to be nowhere around weapons. 

Also, LMAO at Kail complaining that Chris doesn’t work enough. I know Kail thinks or thought that a college degree automatically means $$$$ but she’s got to know by now that’s not the case. The guy just graduated like a year ago (if that) and to the best of my knowledge he didn’t get a degree in a high demand field like nursing, computer science, or engineering. (I think he has a communications or similar degree, like Kail.) 

News flash, Kail: There’s a TON of under-employed college graduates out there, particularly in the social sciences and liberal arts.  Chris is working (and ok, maybe he should get a second job or something, and he certainly should support his son), but it’s not as easy to walk into a 40 hr/wk, middle class paylevel job with benefits as it once was, despite having a college degree. Wake up and realize that without TM$, you & your communications degree would be in a similar situation. 

Yes, sorry but it’s always been clear to me that David is the more sane one. He has his flaws, but I do believe he has more common sense than she does and he is far more grounded. 

I remember other instances of him being the one with common sense and her being insane, like the time she freaked out bc David wasn’t paying attention to her when they were MOVING. He told her to go to the house with Kaiser and Jenelle just couldn’t stand to do it, bc god forbid she be alone with a small toddler she has to take care of. 

Or the time she freaked out on David bc she wanted to go out and do something and David told her he had to get the land done in time for something. 

David is a control freak with a stick up his ass, but I don’t get the vibe he is confrontational. He talks a lot of shit behind people’s backs and online, but he seems to avoid it in person. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Yes, sorry but it’s always been clear to me that David is the more sane one. He has his flaws, but I do believe he has more common sense than she does and he is far more grounded. 

I remember other instances of him being the one with common sense and her being insane, like the time she freaked out bc David wasn’t paying attention to her when they were MOVING. He told her to go to the house with Kaiser and Jenelle just couldn’t stand to do it, bc god forbid she be alone with a small toddler she has to take care of. 

Or the time she freaked out on David bc she wanted to go out and do something and David told her he had to get the land done in time for something. 

David is a control freak with a stick up his ass, but I don’t get the vibe he is confrontational. He talks a lot of shit behind people’s backs and online, but he seems to avoid it in person. 

I think David is a psychopath, but in comparison to Jenelle he does seem to put more effort into thinking about some of these things. Doesn't make him a good guy or anything, most psychopaths know exactly what they're doing and plan accordingly, but Jenelle is just becoming completely unhinged. I hate them both. 

As a gun owner and a parent, this whole exchange with her in the car made me sick. She was completely irresponsible and irrational in every decision she made. I can't believe she was waving around with what I assume was a loaded weapon with her kid inches away while DRIVING. It is idiots like that who get the attention and make it look like those of us who own firearms are insane. It just goes to show, too, that she's delusional and has no idea what she's doing. Nothing in the way that she handled the gun or the incident in general screamed "responsible adult and gun owner" or even just "adult."

• Love 19
11 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Lots of people don't have parents in their lives and still manage to accomplish something, personally and professionally. Once again,  you aren't  special.  

As a professional writer, I take issue with Kailyn referring to herself as an "author". Working with a ghost writer doesn't make you an author. Getting on the Bestseller list because of your fame whoring isn't the same as being Stephen King. Selling books because of your reality fame is fine, but it doesn't make you a talented writer or professional author. I have no problem with Kail as long as she owns what she really is: MTV Reality Personality. That's it. And I'm really glad that at least one of these idiots managed to get their college degree, but she hasn't really done much with it beyond the podcast. And Communications is still on that list of degrees you should avoid because they don't really get you all that much in the job market.

I did laugh really hard when she bitched about the child support. That's the way it works. If the situation were turned around, Kail would have no problem taking as much money from Chris as she could get. 

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I think David is a psychopath, but in comparison to Jenelle he does seem to put more effort into thinking about some of these things. Doesn't make him a good guy or anything, most psychopaths know exactly what they're doing and plan accordingly, but Jenelle is just becoming completely unhinged. I hate them both. 

As a gun owner and a parent, this whole exchange with her in the car made me sick. She was completely irresponsible and irrational in every decision she made. I can't believe she was waving around with what I assume was a loaded weapon with her kid inches away while DRIVING. It is idiots like that who get the attention and make it look like those of us who own firearms are insane. It just goes to show, too, that she's delusional and has no idea what she's doing. Nothing in the way that she handled the gun or the incident in general screamed "responsible adult and gun owner" or even just "adult."

My husband and I own three guns. We take them out to clean and that’s it. They are so secure in our home the kids will NEVER find them or be able to get into the case.

I fear for Jenelles kids - kaiser is an explorer that may get angry at ubt one day and lose it. Ubt will wake up to a teenage kaiser at the foot of his bed pointing the gun at him saying “stop me from using the bathroom now you little bitch! - bang!”

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

kaiser is an explorer that may get angry at ubt one day and lose it. Ubt will wake up to a teenage kaiser at the foot of his bed pointing the gun at him saying “stop me from using the bathroom now you little bitch! - bang!”

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;-)

• Love 13

I personally believe David wasn't upset that Jenelle followed the road rage guy because it's an unsafe thing to do.  I think, like most controlling abusers, he was (irrationally) afraid somehow she would have sex with him. Yep, I think he's that bonkers. It would be interesting to know what his reaction would've been had the driver been a woman.

• Love 11
(edited)

I don’t think UBT is any calmer or saner than Janelle.  I think they both have extreme reactions in the moment (balloon popping incident).  I could see the same, or worse, outcome if David were the one in the car and Janelle the one at home.

I’m reading a book, Just Mercy, and there is a story about how an abusive alcoholic BF regularly beats up a mom of a 14 yr old.  One day the BF comes home, hits the mom, she is unconconscious and bleeding profusely, BF goes to the bedroom and passes out.  The phone is in the bedroom where the BF is and the kid is terrified.  He goes to get the phone, but instead gets the gun out of the dresser drawer and shoots the BF.  I could totally see this being Jace or Kaiser some day.  Those poor kids have seen too much violence, been severely traumatized for years, and at some point will reach a breaking point.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 11
On 7/23/2018 at 7:38 PM, toodywoody said:

Kail looks like hell. Wtf was she eating while talking to Boner Killer? 

I love Watson's cute face. 

Cole was right,  it isn't their fault, it is his fault for not getting his shit together. 

Wtf did that Dr do to her ass? And she is going back to this dude? WTF, quit calling people mommy. Dr. Miami is fucking gross. Devoid cracked me up with his headphones on. 

As heartbreaking as losing the aide is, maybe there needs to be another option, like in specialized class or something. I don't know much how elementary schools run now, but couldn't they come up with another solution or have her use her wheelchair and she can put her backpack on that and have just a table for her to pull up to and use? I don't know, just seems like the school isn't thinking of ways to help, but I also don't know what else they could do, if they don't have the funds, they don't have them. Could they hire an aide themselves? Not like Leah doesn't have the money. Just saying. And ok she has it in her plan but maybe they can home school her.

And why doesn't Jenelle just turn off or slow the fuck down. And why call David? Wtf and why pull up in front of his house. And why follow this dude and act all bad ass. Anyone fucking following me to my house would get the cops called on them. People drive like shit every day and Jenelle was egging it on by saying on camera she was going to drive all slow on purpose, but then she keeps driving fast and follows the dude, wtf is she thinking, Jace could have gotten harmed. Then when she gets out the gun, Jace didn't even seem surprised. This bitch is going to harm someone with her I think I am a badass attitude.

I love that David was saying you can't follow people.  Ha her ass got pulled over.

Now she swerved into the grass. This bitch.

I see what you’re saying but she’s not cognitively disabled in any way. She should be in typical classes with everyone else- a wheelchair shouldn’t cause someone to need to be homeschooled or to have to go into a special needs program with kids who are going to have behavioral or cognitive disabilities. She’s at her grade level in every way but physically. 

Sadly I think this happens with aides all the time. They tend to come and go. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:28 PM, missy jo said:

Ditto regarding the voting. I can't say more without getting political. 

Same. 

• Love 11
On 7/23/2018 at 9:25 PM, luvbadtv said:

Jace has seen some S**t.  If either of my kids had been in the car with me when they were 8 years old, and I was acting like Janelle, they would have been crying hysterically and asking me a ton of questions about what was happening.  He just sat there in silence except for when he was helping her justify her behavior.  My heart breaks for him.

He is PTSD in action, or at least waiting to happen. You’re so right. 

I agree with the folks who said they hate Javi for making them side with Roxanne. She’s annoying as f*ck but he’s got major issues. I feel bad for his baby mama. He’s going to wind up a 3x3 just like Kail. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 2:42 AM, Racj82 said:

Man, Roxanne and crew can fuck off too. The lot of them are camera whores. Javi is just the most transparent one. I'm just tired of hearing them calling everyone else on their so called shit but they can't see how garbage they are. Especially Brittney. Grown ass sleeping on her mom's couch with seemingly no job or ambition complaining all the time.

And fuck this mommy makeover bullshit. This show is supposed to be showing how hard it is to be a young mom in this world. Instead, we got women not only with the money to do this crap but the time and people around to watch her kids while she does elective bullshit. Fuck outta here.

Just gonna point out that they seemingly don't have money yet, they're still living in that hood-adjacent apartment, cramming three adults and two kids into a two bedroom. 

But yeah, acting like you're some sort of moral arbiters when they're collectively three and a half messes is kinda ridiculous.  

59 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Right now I feel like a naive fragile flower- I had no knowledge of the phrase “break check” before this episode. Thanks everyone!

You must be one of those responsible drivers I hear so much about.  ;)

1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Besides the obvious, I have several other issues with Jenelle.  For one, bitch needs to quit calling 911 for every little thing SHE thinks is important.  She called a few months ago when Jace called her complaining about Barbara.  She's taking away resources from those who have real emergencies.  A dude brake checks her and she calls 911?  

Jenelle is thisclose to being the next Permit Patty or Coupon Carl. 

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I did laugh really hard when she bitched about the child support. That's the way it works. If the situation were turned around, Kail would have no problem taking as much money from Chris as she could get. 

I see her point, and more importantly, I see it with my friends who are divorced.  Too many of them go for child support just to find out their contractor/landscaper ex-husband and/or sperm donor when from making really good money to working 15 hours a week on the books.  It's hard to sympathize with Kail, who apparently has money to wipe her bulbous ass with, but not so hard to sympathize with the second grade teacher or the physical therapist or the secretary who suddenly finds herself trying to support a kid or three on one pay check when previously there had been two incomes in the household and someone's getting back at the other for getting a divorce/not wanting to be together/cheating.  (Which, interesting to note, Kail pretty much said the only reason she'd filed on Chris was because he'd cheated on her.  We all know that's a lie though.  She's got her lawyer on speed dial.  The minute Chris stuck his toe out of line, she was gonna slap him with a child support order.  It's how she operates.  She uses her kids for leverage adn emotional blackmail.)

• Love 12
9 hours ago, druzy said:

leah.png

image.thumb.png.b582bc7fcce4cb8925705afe8b74fe16.png

Thank you. So completely different than how it was presented. No child is guaranteed the same exact aide every year. She will have an aide.

• Love 11

I don't watch this show anymore - I just can't.  However I come here for the snark.  But I saw a clip of the road rage incident on Entertainment Tonight.  How  in the world was this not investigated by someone?  How does Janelle even have visitation let alone custody of any of her kids?    Why does MTV continue to allow her to be on the show?  How can they in good conscience film that footage with poor Jace in the passenger seat and let Janelle continue to get paid?   The producers of this show must not have a conscience or a heart – they must be about “good tv”.    Janelle was only focused on “getting” the other driver – she did not give Jace a second thought or even a glance to be sure he was okay

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I don't know the cell phone laws where she lives, but here in our town in south Texas, it's against the law to talk and drive.  But as usual, she's Jenelle and always gets by.

I posted upthread that it's legal in North Carolina to use a cell phone while driving. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, druzy said:

leah.png

HA - yeah she presented it in such a weird, shady way on the show.  She basically lied.  Why did she do that?  I could tell she was keeping something back -- I feel like maybe she is doing this for a storyline.

10 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Leah said it in the episode, it means Ali has LOST her aid and no longer has an aid. That’s fucked up of the school. Ali very clearly needs an aid. 

Ideally, what you said would happen but it doesn’t always happen that way, people find ways around standard protocol all the time. 

But, Ali didn't lose her aid.  So - yeah it is confusing.

3 hours ago, nikita said:

I personally believe David wasn't upset that Jenelle followed the road rage guy because it's an unsafe thing to do.  I think, like most controlling abusers, he was (irrationally) afraid somehow she would have sex with him. Yep, I think he's that bonkers. It would be interesting to know what his reaction would've been had the driver been a woman.

SAME!!!  I honestly think he was more mad that she went to some dude's house.  That was the feeling I got when I was watching it.  You know he doesn't trust her at all - and it is not due to the danger.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Bridget said:

Maybe the aide really didn't want to work with Ali anymore since her two nincompoop parents refuse to open their eyes to the situation. 1:1 aides are typically the most patient people I know, so to see Ali's idiot parents having her play softball and not using her chair, she might've just cut ties with Ali because she was OVER Leah and Corey's choices. 

It had not occurred to me that the aide wouldn't want to work with Ali any longer, especially not because of Ali's parents.  I can understand an aide having trouble getting through to Leah, but Corey seems responsible.  And this wouldn't be about compliance; if Ali's doctor wrote a prescription that says Ali is to use her wheelchair at all times at school, then that's completely out of anyone else's hands.  Ali's IEP should contain all the directions for her daily life from her physician, if only because Ali has such a rare condition that no one but her doctor knows what her limitations should be.  If, for example, Leah was failing to send her chair to school, it wouldn't be up to the aide to make that happen.  If it's in the IEP, it's the law, and the school district is in charge of enforcement.  I am sure Ali has a social worker assigned to her who would be an important part of the meetings to write her IEP, and that would again be someone who is not bound to the parents' wishes but to what has actually be prescribed for Ali.

No, there's something else going on here.  My best guess is that Leah has completely misunderstood the situation (why would this be news to Corey, the custodial parent, for one thing?), or that the school district, short on cash--remember the teacher strike in WV?--is trying to pull a fast one.

In fact, I think the first call they make should be to Ali's case manager to request another IEP meeting, stat.  Particularly before they start planning on keeping Ali out of school and counting on the board of ed to come after them for that, which is total bullshit, since they would be entirely within their rights to homeschool their child.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bounnatalie said:

One thing that bothered me, not sure if it was mentioned already, was Janelle's sly smile after she pulled the gun out from under the seat and started to follow the guy home. 

Yea. I posted a pic upthread somewhere. 

• Love 6