Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Beer and Trembling 2018.06.14

• Start Topic

Austen prepares to debut his beer to his family and friends and Craig makes progress on his pillows for Patricia.  Cameran tries to adjust to her new life with baby Palmer, while Kathryn and Shep spend some quality time together.  Ashley returns from California, but her relationship with Thomas is still on the rocks.  Meanwhile, Chelsea and Victoria finally cross paths at Austen's beer-tasting event, putting him on the spot about their relationships.  

• Love 1

OMG .. Is Cameron the only female on this earth to have a baby?  Some women would do anything to have a baby like that.  Disposable diapers, ready made formula, etc.  what else does she want?  Chill girl.  Count your blessings.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. Is Cameron the only female on this earth to have a baby?  Some women would do anything to have a baby like that.  Disposable diapers, ready made formula, etc.  what else does she want?  Chill girl.  Count your blessings.

Yeah, kinda shows that Palmer was Jason’s idea - just like Elvis!

• Love 7
(edited)

I’m glad that Whitney tried to be the voice of reason and dissuade TRav from getting Ashley a Ravenel signet ring. If he was going to do that he might has well just jumped with both feet and gotten her an engagement ring. No...just no. TRav I do not like you but I’m  a good person and don’t want to see you tied to the likes of that harlot. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 13
(edited)

Oooh that was some new scoop that Shep and Kathryn hooked up after Kenzie was born?! I assumed their only dalliances were pre-Thomas. Interesting! 

I liked Austen’s college friend. She seemed cool. I don’t think she’s a fan of Victoria. And speaking of...

Victoria seems immature and needy. Not surprising at all that she and Austen are no longer together. I think it’s pretty nervy of her to be cold and bitchy to Chelsie because she dared to grab Austen’s arm on a boat ride when SHE is the one who - imo - committed the bigger faux-paus by dating by her friends ex.

49 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, kinda shows that Palmer was Jason’s idea - just like Elvis!

I thought Elvis was the neighbors dog? 

36 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I love Chelsea’s dog.  I totally talk to my dog like that too.  My dog also never makes me dinner.  Rude.

Gah I love Tyson. He’s so sweet and chill. After dealing with a high energy 3.5 month old puppy these past 2 weeks, I have to admit I was a little jealous that he was so relaxed and “never leaves her side” 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I thought Elvis was the neighbors dog? 

Yes, but he’s also Jason’s other baby - check out Cam’s instagram if you haven’t yet, funny stuff there.

• Love 4
(edited)

Whitney’s face when Thomas was talking about buying Ashley a ring said it ALL. Whit knows that Thomas is certifiable. And Ashley is just gross. 

Let’s face it, Chelsea MAY secretly be Austen’s favorite but...why does it really matter? Chelsea is not in love with him. She loves his attention though. Leave him and Victoria alone, dang. Can’t Cam find a doctor friend of Jason’s to set Chelsea up with?? (she probably wouldn’t like HIM either) 

Somehow I find it icky that Kathryn and Shep hooked up after Kensie. Kathryn should have been concentrating on her baby, not screwing drunk Shep. It just sounds so....tawdry (a Shep word!).

Is Shep SURE Saint isn’t his? LMAO! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 13

I hope the fancy wrapped "jewelry box"  that TRav gives Ashley( the paid for hire girlfriend) next week contains just a fancy key fob (with no keys), then let's all just sit back and watch her come totally unglued!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i absolutely love whitney!  going to the corner now.

Me too! 

I can't believe Shep and Kathryn have actually hooked up a few times post Kenzie. I thought it was purely a show contrivance. 

• Love 14

Both Chelsea & Victoria rub me the wrong way. Chelsea wants Austen to herself but doesn’t want to be with him. Victoria seems very needy and immature. I could have sworn it was said she’s a doctor. Does anyone know what kind? 

I actaully kind of like Kathryn and Shep together. Even if it’s for the cameras, they definitely have chemistry. Their bowling date was cute.

Ashley and Thomass...ugh please just stop. I can’t stand Ashley. Why was her voice so messed up at Austen’s party? Too much yelling during the fight her and Thomas had the night before (that they had to tell everyone about). There is zero chemistry between them. She has to be an actress. 

Loved Whitney’s black fur sweater thing! Also when he mentioned his family crest ring was made by the same person who makes jewelry for the queen of England. He lives in a whole different world then the rest of us lol. 

Did anyone notice the commercial for Southern Charm Savannah? I’m shocked that show is having a second season.

• Love 12

And?

Shep is nice. Shep is kind .Shep is lightweight Fun. 

Kathryn is allowed to have low key fun with a kind person. Especially after her Thomas Nightmare. 

4 hours ago, missy jo said:

Me too! 

I can't believe Shep and Kathryn have actually hooked up a few times post Kenzie. I thought it was purely a show contrivance. 

Shep is nice.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, MrsBestes said:

Both Chelsea & Victoria rub me the wrong way. Chelsea wants Austen to herself but doesn’t want to be with him. Victoria seems very needy and immature. I could have sworn it was said she’s a doctor. Does anyone know what kind? 

I believe she's an optometrist, but that only comes from remembering someone posting here that she's an optometrist and can do better than Austen.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Somehow I find it icky that Kathryn and Shep hooked up after Kensie. Kathryn should have been concentrating on her baby, not screwing drunk Shep. It just sounds so....tawdry 

Unfortunately, Shep is far from the worst thing she was doing after Kensie was born. 

• Love 15

I'll admit I'm coming around on Whitney this season.  He's always good for a wardrobe laugh, especially that long coat with the fur collar, like he was Omar Sharif in Dr. Zhivago, in what could only imagine was fairly mild weather based on what everyone else was wearing.  He really should pair up with Sonja Morgan; they can bond over their love for fur accessories and signet rings. 

Shep and Kathryn's post-Kensie hookups were news.  I wish we got way more information on them in lieu of Austen's "love triangle" story line, which is so damn boring.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I love Chelsea’s dog.  I totally talk to my dog like that too.  My dog also never makes me dinner.  Rude.

Me too! My Shepherd mix (RIP) would perk his ears up and really listen, but not always understand.  I also loved Naomi's borrowed dog, she's going nuts on the beach and Tyson is like 'meh I've seen it before, imma hang with Mom over here'

Shocked (!!!) that Kathryn and Shep had multiple hookups over the years.  Good for her, though.  I kinda assumed she didn't have much going on since having Thomas' babies.  I don't even care about Shep breaking the bro code because, well, Thomas sucks.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Shep is a womanizing alcoholic. Kathryn can do much, much better with someone who’s not hungry for the spotlight.

I agree. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Shep and Kathryn may hook up from time to time, but Mama Shep seemed displeased with the notion of Shep and Kathryn hanging out. I think had the cameras not have been around, the conversation would have looked very differently. 

I'm with the poster upthread. I think I don't like Chelsea at all this season, and don't care for Victoria's neediness either, but of the two, Victoria is more Austen's speed. Chelsea was being very mean girlish this episode, and asking her friend who was cuter, she or Victoria? She wasn't joking. 

Seeing Austen with his best female friend, he definitely wasn't exhibiting the masculine behaviors Chelsea enjoys in a man. At one point he said, "I just want everyone to get, like, along."

"...get, like, along." Ugh.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Shep is a womanizing alcoholic. Kathryn can do much, much better with someone who’s not hungry for the spotlight.

Shep is definitely a womanizer but Kathryn’s a hungry, hungry hippo (a reference to an old children’s game, not in any way body shaming Kathryn’s gorgeous body) at the Bravolebrity Buffet. 

Edited by Babyfoot
Extra space was bothersome.
  • Love 20

Shep and  Kathryn,  ugh. Kathryn was a hot mess after Kensie, so I'm sure Shep was probably the best of the worst at that time.  I don't like Kathryn but no, with Shep.  She needs to get with a grown man not a man child. If she's really trying to get her life on track, getting with an alcoholic playboy is a bad idea. 

I'm icked out that Shep, who's supposed to be "nice" and "good guy" would hook up with Kathryn when she as we all know, was going through a rough time. 

Chelsea lord lady. That hug!

I go back and forth with her. I don't like that she's keeps dangling herself  at Austen.  She clearly doesn't want him but she want him to want her. Victoria is needy AF but Austen needs to leave her alone ,he is clearly still feeling Chelsea. 

Victoria, while she'd annoy me. She was very on point when Chelsea tried to say I stepped away. ..Victoria was right. Chelsea stepped away from Victoria but not Austen.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Craig’s big “design” is a clip art that came free with his software—but, don’t worry, the software gives him rights to screen print it on a pillow...that he also isn’t sewing. Sooooo, how is this Craig’s design or Craig’s pillow??? Then, if that isn’t bad enough, his back-up option—the one he’s actually going to do—consists of a picture he found OF A PILLOW! So, I guess that’s even worse because he’s just going to steal someone else’s pillow design outright! But then I laughed when the nice fabric store lady gave him all kinds of fabrics and Craig said he’ll embroider the palm trees on with his machine, because we all know his machine has one size so it will end up with these tiny little trees with 1/3 of a large dog half hanging off of it and other random fabric scraps thrown in a bag.

Shep and Kathryn slept together after Kinsey was born and a few times since?!?! I wonder whether T-Rav knew. That kind of took the thunder away from the whole Victoria-Austen-Chelsea thing. Yeah, yeah, you girls were “friends” (seemingly more acquaintances) but Shep and T-Rav really ARE friends and K&T have a baby (and now babies) together, so that’s much more of a “friend code violation” or whatever we’re supposed to think about that than grabbing someone’s arm on a windy boat. These people can all date whomever they want—just the show editors seemed to undercut their big Austen storyline with Kathryn and Shep.

Was Whitney wearing Patricia’s coat to the beer tasting?!? My Grandma used to have one just like that with the fur collar and all of the buttons. I’m not here to force people into prescribed gender roles, so you do you, Whitney. His outfits this season are over the top, though. I guess he sees T-Rav in his white pants and blue blazer for 4 years straight, and he’s all, i’m wearing a ‘60s women’s winter coat, an ‘80s red Addidas tracksuit, and ‘00s Ed Hardy reject rock and roll.

Why in the world would T-Rav even CONSIDER making Ashley part of the “Ravenel dynasty” with a family crest ring?!? Is he really that clueless that ANYONE would take it to mean she’s now part of the family and meanwhile THIS BITCH is all he took a bite of the sandwich I bought for him so we’re GETTING MARRIED!! I really loved at the party Ashley saying she won’t say hello to Kathryn because she and T-Rav are fighting, basically admitting how she’s all ego and would only flaunt with smug satisfaction if she feels she has the upper hand. But then she has a couple of grapefruit-passion fruit beers (that taste more yellow than red with a hint of wood and dirt - Craig) and she’s back with the bravado in front of the guys...but still panicked that T-Rav is staring at Kathryn.

BEST.POST!!!

• Love 3

So, Austen got his beer made- doesn't mean bars want to have it on tap. I love a good beer with some citrus overtones in it though so I can't hate on that. Son of a Peach is a personal fave followed by a local beer (New Belgium) Citradelic. Craig, WTF man. His description of Austen's beer was all sorts of crazy- no wonder he sticks to Bud Light. 

Interesting confession from Kathryn that she hooked up with Shep after Kensie was born. And, I agree, no way in hell is Mama and Papa Shep on board with them having any sort of relationship. I imagine an "over my dead body" type conversation happening between them. 

What was up with the preview of Kathryn not answering her door? 

Ashley- I liked when she told someone at the beer party they could call her Assley. That's about all I have for her. 

I don't care about the Austen love triangle. Chelsea either needs to be with him or not but don't dry hump him while giving him a hug if you don't want a relationship like that. 

Craig and his non design pillows were funny as hell and I'm usually on Craig's side but dude- get it together. These pillows needed to be done by the weekend and you are just now getting started on it? I also have a serious problem with a 30 something year old guy (maybe he's not quite 30) not being able to manage his anger enough that he resorts to taking it out on the poor wall with a butter knife. His hand get up was great though- especially the scene where he was trying to get into Austen's car. 

• Love 6

I'm not sure what Kathryn said about hooking up with Shep, previously, was true.  Besides doubting her word in general, it just sounds improbable that he's a good lover.  He's too self absorbed and alcohol laden, imo, to focus on another's needs.  And, while I normally wouldn't care if the two of them begin a thing together, since, I don't care for either one. (Sorry, since Relation-Shep, Shep can't easily recover in my eyes.) But, in this case, Kathryn is a recovering drug addict.  The last thing she needs is to be in a romantic relationship with a person who drinks and parties as hard as Shep.  I get that you have to work around people for a job, but, for pleasure.....I hope she considers the risks.  I suppose she could be looking for another baby daddy, but, imo, she wouldn't have any more luck with Shep than she has with Thomas.  

It seems that reality tv producers believe that new parents complaining about their experience with newborns is entertaining.  It's really old, as they do it on all the reality shows that I watch.  I'm choosing to believe that Cameron is more content and that she's getting a poor edit on this. And, would she really be that rude to her mom about the heirlooms?  IDK....hard to swallow.

So, I'm still wondering if the pillow project is really fulfilling to Craig.  Hmmmm......And do people just write it off as normal when you say your seriously injured her hand by stabbing the wall with a butter knife?  Was this actually a sewing machine injury and he's embarrassed to admit it?  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I'm still wondering if the pillow project is really fulfilling to Craig.  Hmmmm......And do people just write it off as normal when you say your seriously injured her hand by stabbing the wall with a butter knife?  Was this actually a sewing machine injury and he's embarrassed to admit it?  

I’m more scared that he inflicted the injury on himself as a way of not having to do the pillows or basically any other commitments that would actually involve working. I just have a hard time believing that a butter knife could slice through two tendons. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m more scared that he inflicted the injury on himself as a way of not having to do the pillows or basically any other commitments that would actually involve working. I just have a hard time believing that a butter knife could slice through two tendons. 

The thought occurred to me too! lol  I thought, he's sabotaged himself, but, then, I said no, surely not.  But, it's possible.  I have found that people who drink a lot, tend to have odd injuries that seem implausible. (I'm not sure if Craig does, but, most of the men on the show do, from what I have seen.) Partly, because they are unsteady on their feet and poorly coordinated.  I also suspect their stories are made up a lot, since they have memory issues of what actually did happen and so they make it up.  Plus, Craig admits that he's a great liar, so, who knows what really happened.  If I were a true friend, I'd be concerned about it. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

To be able to control her bladder again. To forget what it feels like to push a watermelon out of an 8 cm hole...you know little things.

This.  Also:  To be able to leave the house without worrying that your milk is going to come in and completely soak the front of your shirt (even though you just nursed and are wearing industrial-strength nursing pads in your bra).  To be able to sleep for more than 2 hours in a row.  To have people understand that you are going through severe PPD and it's not just 'baby blues' (okay maybe that's a little projection on my part).

• Love 22

Did Kathryn say he was a "good lover"?  I must have missed that.   

I have my issues with Kathryn but it never occurred to me that she would lie about hooking up with Shep.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Did Kathryn say he was a "good lover"?  I must have missed that.   

I have my issues with Kathryn but it never occurred to me that she would lie about hooking up with Shep.  

Yes, when they were bowling. It showed her in her little cameo talking to the camera and she was impressed with him in the sack.  It just never went anywhere.  Sounds odd to me.  That's why I could hardly believe it.  Of course, there's no point in dissing him, but, I would have probably just stayed neutral about it.  Maybe, she was just trying to make him feel good.  

• Love 3