Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

This show is giving me life goals, like smashing stuff up with a sledgehammer to the dulcet tones of Turn Down For What.

Previously it was a baseball bat, in a field, to the Geto Boys.

Edited by piewarmer
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, sauce62 said:

I like Becca. She is real and down to earth. My only quibble with her is her voice. She sounds congested to me. Connor should have been shown the door. What an azz.

Yea, I had asked earlier if she had a head cold, or does she just have that type of voice?  And I would think she would catch cold running around in the cold & rain in skimpy dresses.  She does seem more down to earth, not a "Glamour Babe" type

• Love 3

I don't know why everyone is assuming Colton wanted Tia to be the bachelorette. He said he had one night with her or one weekend.. something like that. If he wanted to pursue her, he could have just called her or kept on dating her. He didn't keep on dating her because he'd rather be on TV and get opportunities.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, backformore said:

I just noticed there's a Ryan - and he's cute as hell. 

I figured out what is weird about Jordan's look.  when he's turned slightly away, like a 3/4 pose, he is kind of handsome.   But from the front, full face, his eyes are too far apart, which tends to give him a kind of stupid, confused, or dumbfounded look. 

And then he opens his mouth and removes all doubt. Not bright, but hilarious nonetheless.

11 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

It wasn't just the picture that the guys were upset about. Lincoln cheated in the contest, then kept rubbing the picture in their faces, and he kept talking to the picture and blowing it kisses.  He was asked a few times to put it away but he refused and finally Connor had enough of Lincoln rubbing it in and talking the picture after he already cheated to get the picture, that he tossed the picture in the pool.  Lincoln was such a crybaby crying about it and tattling on Connor to Becca. 

That was how I saw it too.

Not going to lie, this needs to STOP, Becca.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, lids said:

Lol, I noticed at the rose ceremony, Chris H now says, "this is the last rose for the day." They don't even try to pretend it's still nighttime anymore.

Was Leo even at the cocktail party/rose ceremony? I kept waiting for Becca to congratulate him on his dodge ball play, but he just disappeared. No love for Leo the Lion Hair. :(

Sure, yeah, Jordan is totally a producer plant. But... I love a himbo. It kind of helps me understand why men like bimbos. I giggle at his ridiculousness and I kind of want to see him one-up Colton when Colton starts talking about his charity by saying that he, Model Jordan, is also thinking of opening a school for kids who don't read good. I'm also down for a runway walk-off. After that Jordan can go because his schtick will get old.

You know what this season is missing? Where is the bromance? In past seasons, the guys have bonded with each other more than they bond with the Bachelorette. Certain groups would get really chummy and cheer each other on. Also, they just joked around with each other. This group is sooo humorless. Becca' not compelling enough to carry two hours and the storylines are so recycled, I can say people's lines before they speak. So I'm going to need these men to step. it. up.

that is such a good point about jordan. he is obviously not "right reasons" but who cares. we need these characters to keep it fun. 

i love the bromances too, its more compelling than the petty angst against the guys they feel threatened by. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Lincoln seems to have a hint of mint...

Enlighten me. I have NO clue what this means. Drug-related? The only thing I could find in the urban dictionary is maybe ecstasy.

• Love 7

I have a feeling Connor is a producer keep, not a Becca keep. Production love to have an unpredictable hothead around, so long as he doesn't actually kill anyone. They're probably hoping keeping him around will cause more conflict among the guys. I don't think Becca shares that desire. She doesn't seem took keen on the conflict and seems to be gravitating towards the more "fun" guys. With Becca not being terribly dramatic the show needs to keep the dramatic guys. Personally, I'm done with him. What they do when Becca isn't around is more their "true selves" than their trying to be Mr. Perfect around her to stay in the game. 

If Lincoln was just shaking the table to make the sand go faster, as opposed to not waiting for the sand and just hoping no one caught him, then I say that's a smart move rather than cheating. I didn't see what the "cheating" entailed so I can't judge Lincoln or the guy crying cheater over that incident. All he won was a couple minutes with her to take a photo. Big whoop. 

I have no idea who any of the random brunettes she sent home were. They were just cannon fodder to me. I think it's still too soon to really know the ones I might like. Unfortunately, I already know who I don't like. lol

I'm liking Jordan better than his previous season counterparts because he seems mostly harmless and deluded. I don't think he actually cares about "winning" and is just enjoying being on camera where he will be able to watch himself on repeat for the rest of his life. 

• Love 7

God, these guys are so emo!  

It was so funny when Colton was telling random dude about having dated Tia..... the look on random dude's face was totally "who?"

Go away Rachel!!  We get it, you need to be the centre of attention.  Just shut up already!!  It's not about you right now.

I love Jordan.  Totally not there for Becca, just there to have fun.  So entertaining!

• Love 10

I thought Jean Blanc was hot, reminded me of a more mature and better looking Eric from Rachel's season. And then I remembered that he is the "cologne-isseur" which brought his hotness down about 10 levels.

Dangle - who knew that was a thing? Dangle dangle dangle don't dangle that picture in front of us! Lincoln irritates me, but I agree that Dangle should have been booted immediately for throwing it in the pool.

The model is hilarious, hope he stays another couple weeks at which point I'm sure his schtick will start to irritate me.

I enjoyed Rachel and Bryan during their segment, they weren't touchy feely at all but they seemed to be having fun together.

• Love 4

I'm going to watch now and comment before reading anyone else's posts. Although I did see a post about someone throwing Lincoln's picture in the swimming pool. Now that's something to look forward to. Ha - Chris didn't recognize chicken man (David), but I did!

Brian looks pretty good. This challenge looks fun.  While they were in the water, did someone yell "Shrinkage!" Brian brought it up. You know, this would make a good Survivor immunity challenge. I wonder who the photographer is. So Lincoln won, maybe dubiously, now all the guys are complaining and whining like insecure little boys. Kissing Becca is like going to the moon on Pegasus and ?????

Blake reminds me of Sean Penn.  David is cute! Now Lincoln is making his way to ass-ville with his bragging. I don't know who threw the picture but that was pretty rude. Get over it! It's just a silly picture. Besides all the broken glass isn't exactly safe. Oh, I see, it was Connor.  Becca administers tough love to Connor. I wonder if she'll kick him to the curb.  Yeah, Connor wasn't thinking of his end game when he through the picture in the pool. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:
21 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Lincoln seems to have a hint of mint...

Enlighten me. I have NO clue what this means. Drug-related? The only thing I could find in the urban dictionary is maybe ecstasy.

I had to look this up, too.  Apparently it’s a term applied to someone who’s suspected of being gay.

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't know why everyone is assuming Colton wanted Tia to be the bachelorette. He said he had one night with her or one weekend.. something like that. If he wanted to pursue her, he could have just called her or kept on dating her. He didn't keep on dating her because he'd rather be on TV and get opportunities.

"Everyone" isn't assuming that Colton wanted Tia to be the bachelorette.

Becca said it last night.  She said her questions surrounding Colton having dated Tia was that she was wondering if maybe he came to the show hoping to see Tia as the bachelorette.

The contestants are already picked by the time the new bachelor or bachelorette is announced, so by the ATFR last year, when Becca was announced, her suitors were already in place.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 2

I just couldn't get past how lame the dates were last night.  How was she supposed to get to know anyone with those scenarios being played out?

The guys just aren't all that.  I'll stick around to see how it plays out, but I was better off watching the Stanley Cup last night, even though my team lost.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Did Wills say his parents have been married for 50 years? He can't be older than 30, so I wonder what the story is with that. Is he the Bella Viall of his family?

The Bella Viall reference slayed me! My ears pinged on this too! How can it be true?

Colton should've combined his "I'm a virgin" and "I dated Tia" confessions together because then " a weekend with Tia" takes on a much more harmless meaning. Wasn't she super-religious also? This is also the guy that dated Aly Raisman correct?

The fact that the doughy model came to the rose ceremony with the comforter was so stupid and obviously staged.

I wish she would've been more firm with Conner because he shouldn't be rewarded for that behavior. He's a young 25 and who needs that nonsense?

• Love 6

The smashing date looked fun. 

Does Jordan really think anyone thought of him as 007? He's so spontaneous as craftily plans to walk around in his underwear. And he treats Becca to an enthralling coversation about himself. And David says "You don't think there's any foul play here?" as there's background discussion about his chicken costume.

Jordan is a Wilhelmina model! Ooooo! The guys better watch out, he's going to hurt some feelings!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

The contestants are already picked by the time the new bachelor or bachelorette is announced, so by the ATFR last year, when Becca was announced, her suitors were already in place.

But I'm sure Becca had input on the type and "look" she prefers, which would account for an almost total (almost) absence of blonds and gingers. If Leo cut his hair, he'd blend in with everyone else. These guys need name tags. Not that I care all that much though, now that I think about it. I pretty much forget each season as soon as it ends.

And yeah, I totally agree that Jordan is working for BIP positioning. I can't see him ever hooking up with anyone other than himself though, so maybe not.

Was Jordan wearing shoes with his undies last night? If so, hilarious. Not exactly a fashion statement, briefs and wingtips.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Was Jordan wearing shoes with his undies last night? If so, hilarious. Not exactly a fashion statement, briefs and wingtips.

He was, which cracked me up because wasn't he the one who was absolutely horrified by guys wearing shoes without socks on night one? Now, granted, they were in suits, so they were wearing suits without socks, but that is still a better option than briefs and wingtips. haha

• Love 8
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, I had asked earlier if she had a head cold, or does she just have that type of voice?  And I would think she would catch cold running around in the cold & rain in skimpy dresses.  She does seem more down to earth, not a "Glamour Babe" type

She might have a bit of a cold, she and several of the guys have mentioned it was freezing during the filming of these episodes at the mansion. 

• Love 1

Ok, I just watched the first half hour of the show I missed last night—the obstacle course date. First off, Jordan was there and saw everyone in their underwear (heeeeyyyy, Lincoln!) and had to realize that he had the worst body out of ALL of them—so why the undies stroll later on? This guy has reverse body dysmorphia in which he thinks he’s MUCH better looking than he is. But I guess this is what happens when you put your confidence on before your socks every day. Second, most of these punks were “cheating” during the obstacle course. Sure, Lincoln wiggled his timer, but I THINK with gravity and the mass of the sand and the width of the tube, it’s not going to go down any faster—it might move around the top of the hourglass, but even with accelerated movement I don’t think it would fit through the tube any faster, would it? Do we have any physicists in the house to solve for E=MC2? But Clay also sat up on the side of the barrel to keep his “manhood” out of the ice water, and David was also using his hands in the cake—whoever was in the back was, too. That being said, okay, Lincoln was over the top and it’s understandable that he rubbed some of the guys the wrong way. But Connor was acting SO much worse.

There is a super hot blonde guy on this group date and they just had him say 3 words to Becca and then sit/stand silently with the guys in other scenes and not show us his name. Show, how are we supposed to pick our TV boyfriends if we ONLY get to know the Wrong Reasons guys? Yes, I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons, but I’m also Here for the Eye Candy. Oh, wait, now he’s the one standing with Connor eavesdropping on Lincoln speaking with Becca about Connor, so I guess if he’s Team Connor, then I have to break up with him before I even learn his name

• Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

She might have a bit of a cold, she and several of the guys have mentioned it was freezing during the filming of these episodes at the mansion. 

Does anyone know what "freezing" means in LA? Where I live, it's freezing at -20 with snow on the ground and water pipes frozen. When it's 40 degrees, we open doors and windows to let the heat in. A Minnesota gal should have pretty good cold tolerance, plus I didn't see any breath when they were talking.

Of course, it's all relative.

ETA: JenE4, I love your posts. Don't ever leave!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6
Just now, saber5055 said:

Does anyone know what "freezing" means in LA? Where I live, it's freezing at -20 with snow on the ground and water pipes frozen. When it's 40 degrees, we open doors and windows to let the heat in. A Minnesota gal should have pretty good cold tolerance, plus I didn't see any breath when they were talking.

No idea, I am an East Coast snow-loving lady myself, so I can't imagine it was actually that cold. However, they were in sleeveless gowns/suits without coats so maybe it was relatively chilly filming the cocktail parties at night. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

No idea, I am an East Coast snow-loving lady myself, so I can't imagine it was actually that cold. However, they were in sleeveless gowns/suits without coats so maybe it was relatively chilly filming the cocktail parties at night. 

And no socks! Brrr!

What happened to the shirt that Undies Jordan had slung over his shoulder (and then over his crotch when he was sitting next to Becca)? Why didn't he put that on under his quiltie/comforter/blanket wrap? Although I guess I can answer that myself, so never mind. It was funny when he told Becca to put the rose in his cleavage.

• Love 1

There is a super hot blonde guy on this group date and they just had him say 3 words to Becca

That would be Nick and I agree. He reminds me of a young Jude Law. Don't worry @JenE4 he didn't like the way Lincoln was acting either but he did make the comment that Conner's actions were unnecessary or something to that effect. I suspect he won't last long though. Becca seems to prefer brunettes.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Blake reminds me of Sean Penn. 

Dammit, now I'll probably hate him!

1 hour ago, Kbilly said:

The fact that the doughy model came to the rose ceremony with the comforter was so stupid and obviously staged.

That was my fave part of the whole thing. That or him telling her to put the rose between his cleavage.

• Love 5

Geez - are all these jackasses in the Mafia? "You disrespected me." "It's disrespectful." Whatevs dudes. Get the hell over yourself. You're on a comedy television program. (You can't convince me of anything different). 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

ETA: JenE4, I love your posts. Don't ever leave!

They might have the air conditioning in the mansion on full blast.    It's always freezing in my office even in the summer.

Edited by partofme
  • Love 4

Ah! That reminded me - what were those beige elastic-looking straps a couple of the guys had wrapped around their middles when they stripped off to get into tuxes to then ruin the tuxes in that annoying muddy challenge that was a repeat of the boring challenge in a field they had on some other forgotten season? Were they....gasp....male girdles?! That is the only explanation I could think of - tummy sucker-inners. Clay was wearing one and some other dude.

I think I am going to get through the show via the details. I liked the way Jason was kind of smirking as someone or other was talking earlier on, and then I liked that he had lime-green socks on at some point...

Alex was cute. I got all excited when I spotted him - finally, a cute guy! And then she sent him home. He looked so sad.

I don't know why she has so few fair-haired guys on her season, given the goof that schlepped to Peru to win her back on Arie's season was a blond. Maybe the whole season is an anti-Arie, anti-blond-ex hate fest/revengorama?

They are styling her hair so flat. They are putting her rather flat chest in plunging necklines*, that are designed to be filled by enhanced breasts that hold the material apart. It is a sartorial offence.

I am surprised Jordan hasn't mentioned it, but he is too busy dissing the other guys' fashion sense, detailing his latest awful outfit and otherwise talking incessantly about his amazing self. Never leave, Jordan!

*It is possible this freezing her tits off for hours has given her a cold, as some have mentioned above.

Her voice drives me mad. I feel mean for noticing, because maybe it is some regional accent, but it drives me nuts. I think it is mostly because she never says anything interesting. (She didn't, in my view, on Arie's season, which was why I found her boring then.) But here is she is either perking it up to the max, 'Let's do it!" and so on, or she's flatly narrating in a deadpan way with a nasal drawl, or she's downright morose.

All of this would have been more bearable, enticing even, to watch if she'd just kept Grocer Joe around for a few more eps at least. So far there is no-one there I light up to see, or want to root for, or give much of a fig about really, at all.

No wonder she's morose, most of the guys seem more into themselves than her, and none of them are of the calibre of Grampa Cardigan Possum, for all his faults, etc.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, violet and green said:

They are styling her hair so flat. They are putting her rather flat chest in plunging necklines*, that are designed to be filled by enhanced breasts that hold the material apart. It is a sartorial offence.

Jordan? Is that you?

46 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I'm pretty sure the girdles were to hold a mic pack. :)

Oh, crumb. I was all in for the girdle thing, especially given how vain these boys are. But that makes me think ... where was Jordan's mic when he was down to his undies? LOL!

1 hour ago, partofme said:

They might have the air conditioning in the mansion on full blast.    It's always freezing in my office even in the summer.

Oh, good point. I can totally see that. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, saber5055 said:
1 hour ago, partofme said:

Oh, good point. I can totally see that. Thanks!

Which explains why Jordan had to cover his bits with a shirt. lol But yeah, they probably have the air going on full blast to make up for all the hot lights and electronics they use to film. It must be a sort of hot/cold thing going on, when they are "on screen" doing their talking heads or being focused on, they are probably warm, then when they are in the background, away from the direct lighting and cameras, they are probably cold. Perfect environment for getting sick really. 

And now I'm going to go try to distract myself from wondering where Jordan put his mic pack for his peacock (emphasis not on the pea) strut.

• Love 4

I do like Becca, so this is just a nitpick....

She doesn't pronounce her "ing's".  

"From the beginninnn, he's been a great guy"

"I'm lovinnnnn all these great guys"

"I'm hopinnnnn to find my partner"

Becca, can I buy you a G?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

There is a super hot blonde guy on this group date and they just had him say 3 words to Becca and then sit/stand silently with the guys in other scenes and not show us his name. Show, how are we supposed to pick our TV boyfriends if we ONLY get to know the Wrong Reasons guys? Yes, I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons, but I’m also Here for the Eye Candy. Oh, wait, now he’s the one standing with Connor eavesdropping on Lincoln speaking with Becca about Connor, so I guess if he’s Team Connor, then I have to break up with him before I even learn his name

I'm glad to hear that other (sane) people have TV boyfriends!  (Mine is/was Mark Harmon, but I'm struggling with the whole pit-bull-and-Pauley-Perrette thing.)  But I truly love the idea of breaking up with an (imaginary) TV boyfriend before even learning his name!!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sterling said:

I do like Becca, so this is just a nitpick....

She doesn't pronounce her "ing's".  

"From the beginninnn, he's been a great guy"

"I'm lovinnnnn all these great guys"

"I'm hopinnnnn to find my partner"

Becca, can I buy you a G?

Welcome to Minnesota.  It's not an affect, it is really the way some MN's talk.  I moved to very western Wisconsin from CT almost four years ago and attend church in Stillwater, MN, across the river.  It truly is part of the 'dialect'.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, b2H said:

Welcome to Minnesota.  It's not an affect, it is really the way some MN's talk.  I moved to very western Wisconsin from CT almost four years ago and attend church in Stillwater, MN, across the river.  It truly is part of the 'dialect'.

But you left CT, where the letter T is silent.  Gonna go hike on the moun'ain as soon as I sew this bu'on back on. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, TomGirl said:

had to look this up, too.  Apparently it’s a term applied to someone who’s suspected of being gay.

I heard "hint of mint" for the first time in an episode of Impostors on Bravo just a couple weeks ago. In that case they paired it with a few others so the meaning was obvious. There it seemed to be a "Southern" expression.

• Love 1

I actually usually don't pronounce the 'g's in 'ing' words either, but I'm not from Minnesota. I think it's just a thing some people do.

I try not to focus on her voice because I have a really annoying voice too so I can relate.

• Love 1

I didn't notice the ings but I did notice how nasily her voice always is. Last season I thought she had a cold, but I guess not.

I find Becca to be pretty, but I think they can do something to style her hair better. Maybe even add some highlights.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Token said:

God, these guys are so emo!  

It was so funny when Colton was telling random dude about having dated Tia..... the look on random dude's face was totally "who?"

Go away Rachel!!  We get it, you need to be the centre of attention.  Just shut up already!!  It's not about you right now.

I love Jordan.  Totally not there for Becca, just there to have fun.  So entertaining!

Omg yes to the go away Rachel part. I don't know what it is, but that girl bugs me. She just has such an attitude to her and an overconfidence that drives me nuts.

• Love 4

Right from the beginning of the episode I was distracted by how run-down the "mansion" is.  In all of the outdoor shots, when the men are all expressing their disbelief that they are living in such an amazing place, each shot showed paint that had peeled off of the exterior.  It has been apparent for several seasons that the mansion needs renovations, but this season it is just looking dismal and sad.  If you want us to believe that this is a romantic fairy tale, then at least have the mansion look nice...

During the rose ceremony it seemed like Becca showed her discomfort in naming a couple of guys for their roses.  I don't think she hides it very well when she is calling the name of someone the producers are keeping versus her own choices.  Even how she interacts with them when giving the actual rose shows the difference between her own choices and the producers' choices.

• Love 6

I don't find Jordan all that handsome. His chin or jaw is a little weak, something like that. Plus he's no Peter. *Sigh*

Lincoln skeeves me out. Maybe it's his vocal mannerisms but I find him creepy. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Right from the beginning of the episode I was distracted by how run-down the "mansion" is.  In all of the outdoor shots, when the men are all expressing their disbelief that they are living in such an amazing place, each shot showed paint that had peeled off of the exterior.  It has been apparent for several seasons that the mansion needs renovations, but this season it is just looking dismal and sad.  If you want us to believe that this is a romantic fairy tale, then at least have the mansion look nice...

The mansion is very dated.  I think the decorators were going for "Tuscan Villa", which was popular 25 years ago.  It needs a serious re-do.

59 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

He won me over during his appearance on "After the Final Rose".  He said the sweetest things to Becca and I loved his accent.  Now he's just so over the top, it's worn thin.

Edited by deSchenke
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2018 at 1:27 AM, Wandering Snark said:

There was no broken glass, but clearly there was a breaking-glass sound effect edited in.

Well FWIW Lincoln did tell Becca that "the glass was broken." Though honestly all of this freakin' drama over a stupid photo that signified exactly nothing is ridiculous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

He skeeves me out, too, because he's a grown man who acts like a very little boy.  While he sat on the steps tattling to Becca about how one of the other boys broke his picture and crying over it, I got a little queasy, and then when he went on to baby talk that he felt physically, "threh-end," I almost gagged.  I know some women have their heart strings all wrapped up in their, nurturing, maternal side, but I don't even like to watch it in other couples. Last season, it was Dean who had Rachel petting him like a baby and I was so glad she picked Bryan who I thought was the most grown-up of her finalists.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, b2H said:

Hi Neighbor!  ?

Popped on to say this.  Born and raised in Stillwater Minnesota....never thought we had an accent or speaking style. Moved away. Moved back years later and ay yi yi was it noticeable.  

I have been back here for 7 years now and pretty much don’t hear it anymore.  Becca sounds normal to me. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The contestants are already picked by the time the new bachelor or bachelorette is announced, so by ATFR last year, when Becca was announced, her suitors were already in place.

So if this is the case then it makes it even more interesting concerning the timing of Colton and Tia's "fling" or "relationship" or whatever it was. Again I can't wait to see what Tia has to say next week.

Wasn't she super religious also?

I think she made a comment briefly to Arie that her faith was important but other than that she never really showed a strong religious side. If anything from her edit I kind of got the opposite impression.

I love the bromances too, it's more compelling than the petty angst against the guys they feel threatened by.

I agree. I think one of the better seasons that produced some lasting bromances was Kaitlyn's. You could really see it during the season and going by their social media Shawn, Ben H, Jared, Ben Z, Chris (cupcake), Tanner are all still friends. 

This season's group of guys do act more petty and seem like they're not bonding as well but it's early yet so time will tell. 

He won me over during his appearance on "After The Final Rose". He said the sweetest things to Becca and I loved his accent. Now he's just so over the top, it's worn thin.

So much this. I thought so too but his star fell fast.

Regarding Becca's accent I don't mind it but most accents don't bother me. Coming from the south I feel if people can tolerate mine I shouldn't have a problem with theirs. I actually thing accents are cool. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Also @dleighg regarding "hint of mint" being a Southern expression, I haven't heard it before but that doesn't always mean anything. I usually lag behind on keeping up with the latest colloquialisms.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Regarding Becca's accent I don't mind it but most accents don't bother me. Coming from the south I feel if people can tolerate mine I shouldn't have a problem with theirs. I actually thing accents are cool. Variety is the spice of life after all.

I'll take an accent over a vocal fry or that annoying up speak so many of them do, any day of the week. I don't really notice that she has an accent. She does sometimes sound slightly congested, but so do I right now, it's allergy season. lol

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no love for Lincoln necessarily, but he was CLEARLY just goofing around with the stupid picture. We've seen true wannabe-alpha gloating and mocking plenty of times on this show, that wasn't nearly the same thing. If anything he was being hyper and immature but I think, like many normal humans, he was bored and expecting someone to join in on the bit and goof around with him, the usual stupid roasting like "Awww man it must be love, how could I ever compete with your nasty wedding photo where you're covered in cake?? LOL so funny blah blah blah" 

Instead he was stuck with the most humorless group I've ever seen on this show who would rather just sit in silence for hours, and they got offended or something. And like someone else mentioned, where else was he supposed to put the thing? Once he was done goofing around with it he put it on the table facing away from the poor babies who couldn't bare to look at it, and that should've been the end of the issue. Instead the poor babies took it up a million notches because they thought it was the cool manly thing to do or something.

Now, like I said he was hyper and immature about it and he milked it way more than he needed to afterwards, and I can see how his personality could get exhausting in real life, but to paint him as a villain or make that situation out to be something it wasn't, just isn't accurate in my opinion.

Edited by huskerj12
  • Love 9