Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

I've done a 180 on my opinion from last week and am super bored by this group of guys. Notable exceptions are Wills who still has my goodwill from his Harry Potter fandom (also seems nice) and the Globe Trotter guy who is just pretty hot. Alex made me sad trying to hold back tears after the rose ceremony and he was cute too. I'd probably like to hang out with Leo as a pal but I also feel like I could walk into any hipster craft beer brewery and find a Leo clone there. Playing frisbee golf on the weekends. Buying beard sculpting products at an artisan shop.

Jordan is so much fun because it's impossible to take him seriously as a threat. Look at villains past who were actual contenders... awful Courtney, Vienna, Corinne, Kalon, douchey guy who came back to visit Ashley in Asia, whatever. These were people the leads actually had feelings for. Nobody can possibly think Becca has the slightest interest in Jordan. Therefore, just enjoy him, he also doesn't seem like he's putting any of this on for show which makes it even better. Loved him telling Becca that his (not their) future child might be called Jordy Jr and he'd carry him around on his shoulder or some BS. It was just so nonsensical.

If I were Becca, my concern with Colton wouldn't be that he dated one of my friends, but HOW he came to date one of my friends. It's unlikely they happened to run into each other at a bar. He must have sought her out, thereby showing that he was trying to wedge his way into the Bachelor world before he ended up on Becca's season and conveniently ended it in time to appear on the show... hence, not there for the "right reasons".

Becca has a great body and wore all her outfits really well in tonight's episode, but her face doesn't do anything for me so it's hard to see the big attraction (sorry, shallow).

I would have hated that demolition date! How freaking wasteful! How much did those TVs cost? The guitars and furniture? Those could have gone to people in need. The pointless destruction of expensive or even just useful items upsets me.

Are they going to drag out this narrative forever that Arie is the most awful heinous villain ever for NOT marrying Becca and going after the woman he truly loved when he admitted he was pressured into a decision the day of the proposal without having the proper time to think it over? And who has now set a date with Lauren to be married next year so clearly did actually take the process more seriously than a lot of other past Bachelors? All that Arie cutout at the cocktail party last week did is remind me how much cuter Arie is than basically all of the dudes on this season. Whatever, Team Arie for life.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Kerri Johnson said:

I’m pretty sure Wills said his  grandparents were married for 50 years, not his parents.

I thought I heard parents, but certainly could be wrong. My thought was "man, I was 47 when my parents had been married 50 years, he's not that old!"

Grandparents makes more sense, but then they are pretty short generations; how old is he anyway? (looked it up; he's 29)

(edited)
19 minutes ago, jade.black said:

I would have hated that demolition date! How freaking wasteful! How much did those TVs cost? The guitars and furniture? Those could have gone to people in need. The pointless destruction of expensive or even just useful items upsets me.

exactly my thought. How stupid and wasteful. But I guess they "bonded" over it. That made me dislike them both :)

I guess they wouldn't be allowed to say "Hey, can we donate these nice TVs to GoodWill so they can raise some money for the poor?"

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5

I agree with your assessment of Lincoln and the other guys during picture gate, @huskerj12.

6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I find Becca to be pretty, but I think they can do something to style her hair better. Maybe even add some highlights.

He hair is way too dark imo. She darkened it from The Bachelor, I think. 

• Love 1

One thing I noticed was that when Becca was kissing Lincoln, her kisses looked fairly closed-lipped and brief compared to when she kissed everyone else...and she was also initiating a lot of the kissing with people.  She definitely initiated and maneuvered herself for the against-the-wall kiss with Blake.  I think I remember noticing that Rachel initiated a lot of the kissing too.

I also couldn't help but reflect on how offended we would all be, and rightly so, if a Bachelor had insisted that the women get dressed in front of him, so I didn't feel it was OK for production to insist that Becca have the guys change clothes in front of her (since I doubt it was her idea).

I was really liking Becca until this whole over-reaction with Colton and Tia.  I understand why it might be of some concern that Colton had dated Tia, but to have it make her feel sick when she found out, and to still be so distraught the next day?  That's just far too drama-ish and over-indulgent.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, jade.black said:

Are they going to drag out this narrative forever that Arie is the most awful heinous villain ever for NOT marrying Becca and going after the woman he truly loved when he admitted he was pressured into a decision the day of the proposal without having the proper time to think it over? And who has now set a date with Lauren to be married next year so clearly did actually take the process more seriously than a lot of other past Bachelors? All that Arie cutout at the cocktail party last week did is remind me how much cuter Arie is than basically all of the dudes on this season. Whatever, Team Arie for life.

Thank you for both these comments.  I had the exact same thought when they showed all the TVs. 

As for the "Arie is awful" narrative, I didn't watch Arie's season and don't know much about it other than, obviously, how it ended, but I'm already so sick of hearing about it.  How about we move on and make this season about this bachelorette and these bachelors?  I realize it's redundant to accuse this show of being tacky, but that's pretty classless, ABC, inviting Arie to be your bachelor one season, then ripping him apart the next.  

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

I realize it's redundant to accuse this show of being tacky, but that's pretty classless, ABC, inviting Arie to be your bachelor one season, then ripping him apart the next.  

They do this almost every season though. There's always someone who'll say that so-and-so was an idiot for letting the lead go. When Deanna was Bachelorette, she carried on about Brad, claiming that he "broke America's heart" by not choosing her. Then on Brad's second go-around, Chantal slapped him for not choosing anyone on his first season. But I agree that Becca is laying it on too thick with the "this is my first date since my engagement ended" crap. It wasn't much of an engagement. Arie proposed to her after knowing her for six weeks, during which time he was also dating a bunch of other women. And six weeks after he proposed, he dumped her and went back to Lauren. If I were Becca I'd be embarrassed to call that an engagement.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I also couldn't help but reflect on how offended we would all be, and rightly so, if a Bachelor had insisted that the women get dressed in front of him, so I didn't feel it was OK for production to insist that Becca have the guys change clothes in front of her (since I doubt it was her idea).

I agree, it was tacky.  

But what I thought was ridiculous was the idea that the men were being "pampered"  by getting dressed up in tuxedos.  Is that any man's idea of pampering?   I mean, besides the male model whose name I always forget.  

• Love 9
(edited)

If a guy shows me a Harry Potter tattoo on his arm, he is pretty much guaranteed a second date. Unless he says or does super REALLY awful to counteract that. Or the tattoo is a Death Eater symbol, in which case...check please? 

Ever time Jordan talks, I just wanna be like “...but why male models?”

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I was really liking Becca until this whole over-reaction with Colton and Tia.  I understand why it might be of some concern that Colton had dated Tia, but to have it make her feel sick when she found out, and to still be so distraught the next day?  That's just far too drama-ish and over-indulgent.

I could see it if she had a little crush on him and thought he felt the same way. It's not just that he dated another woman, but that the woman is part of the Bachelor franchise, too, which would make me wonder if he's really that interested in me.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

They do this almost every season though. There's always someone who'll say that so-and-so was an idiot for letting the lead go. When Deanna was Bachelorette, she carried on about Brad, claiming that he "broke America's heart" by not choosing her. Then on Brad's second go-around, Chantal slapped him for not choosing anyone on his first season. But I agree that Becca is laying it on too thick with the "this is my first date since my engagement ended" crap. It wasn't much of an engagement. Arie proposed to her after knowing her for six weeks, during which time he was also dating a bunch of other women. And six weeks after he proposed, he dumped her and went back to Lauren. If I were Becca I'd be embarrassed to call that an engagement.

I agree that it's not new, so maybe I just have less patience with it now than I used to.  But I also think it's the second thing you said--she knew him all of what, ten, twelve weeks?  It's like the guys (and the ladies) who cry being let go on episode 2 or 3 after knowing the bachelor/ette for all of two cocktail parties and a group date, if that.  I get that the whole thing is hyper-emotional, but it's more about pride than love and just so hard to take seriously. Not that taking any of it seriously is the point of the franchise anyway...

Right?  I grew up in a small town.  If you dated more than one person throughout high school, you were most likely, by default, dating a friend's ex.  Technically you could say that Tia dated Becca's ex, too, since they were both dating Arie at the same time.  If you don't want to get involved in semi-incestual dating circles, don't become part of Bachelor nation.  There. Problem solved.  

I'd comment on some of the guys, but I still can't tell any of them apart.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

There was no way that was her idea. She was more uncomfortable than any of the guys. I would have responded just like her, not knowing where to look and wanting desperately to leave.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

She definitely initiated and maneuvered herself for the against-the-wall kiss with Blake.

I had forgotten about that super embarrassing moment. Dammit, I was trying to erase it from my brain and you had to remind me!

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If a guy shows me a Harry Potter tattoo on his arm, he is pretty much guaranteed a second date.

I never read it and I only saw the first movie, but I agree with this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I hope this isn't a spoiler......but did you know Jordan is a MODEL??!!

Excuse me, but you are all kinds of wrong. Jordan is a MALE Model. And a Wilhelmina one at that. And don't you forget it! (Jordan will remind you next episode just in case you do.)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

This season is so boring so far.  It took me 3 times to watch this episode as I kept falling asleep!!

I kind of think so too, however, I tend to be bored for the first few episodes when there are too many people around.  I prefer it when there are less people left, and tend to get more interested then.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, backformore said:

But what I thought was ridiculous was the idea that the men were being "pampered"  by getting dressed up in tuxedos.  Is that any man's idea of pampering?

This is hilarious. Man pampering is bring him a beer while he reclines in his La-Z-Boy, wearing his underwear and holding the remote.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I hope this isn't a spoiler......but did you know Jordan is a MODEL??!!

Really? I didn't know that. He's so humble and quiet about it.

Jordan is like a C list actor who constantly has to tell you he's an actor. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

Thank you for both these comments.  I had the exact same thought when they showed all the TVs. 

As for the "Arie is awful" narrative, I didn't watch Arie's season and don't know much about it other than, obviously, how it ended, but I'm already so sick of hearing about it.  How about we move on and make this season about this bachelorette and these bachelors?  I realize it's redundant to accuse this show of being tacky, but that's pretty classless, ABC, inviting Arie to be your bachelor one season, then ripping him apart the next.  

We keep hearing so much about overflowing landfills, how electronics should be recycled etc. and then they do this. Plus, it is a completely sucky date. The Bachelor gets much more expensive dates, looks like to me. They're not giving Becca very much at all.

14 hours ago, backformore said:

I agree, it was tacky.  

But what I thought was ridiculous was the idea that the men were being "pampered"  by getting dressed up in tuxedos.  Is that any man's idea of pampering?   I mean, besides the male model whose name I always forget.  

I fully expected mani and pedis for the men, possibly also new hairstyles a la America's Next Top Model. Such a waste, to have those tuxedos go thru mud and cake and grease. So so horrible. Speaking of which, Bryan looked even more unattractive than he did during Rachel's season. I wonder if she had second thoughts, seeing quite a few hot men in that obstacle race? I don't always like her but she is definitely a very vibrant person. Bryan just looks like a washed out shadow. Have never understood why she chose him. If he was just the rebound Peter choice, that engagement should have been over by now.

I didn't have any problem with how Lincoln acted, I thought he was as funny in his own way as Jordan is, but Connor is a punk bully. I wouldn't have waited until the rose ceremony to boot his ass out there. Such a loser. I can't stand alpha male types, they always look to be overcompensating for their own shortcomings. Nothing wrong with a man crying if he feels overwhelmed. It definitely looked like the guys were ganging up on him, although in retrospect, they were probably just surprised at how quickly Connor reacted. Just like my reactive dog, from 0 to 100 in a few seconds. Tolerable in my dog, because I love him, but I wouldn't give that guy the time of day. Hope he doesn't reappear on Paradise once he goes.

I am definitely in the Jordan is hilarious camp. If she definitely knows which one she wants to keep, then I hope Jordan makes it to the final two. Just for the laughs. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

I am definitely in the Jordan is hilarious camp. If she definitely knows which one she wants to keep, then I hope Jordan makes it to the final two. Just for the laughs. 

Yeah, I can't figure out if he's TRYING to be hilarious.  I kind of think he's serious, and assumes he's the best looking guy there.  

• Love 5

I’m pretty sure Wills said his  grandparents were married for 50 years, not his parents.

I always zone out when one of the contestants has to report on the length of their parents' or grandparents' union. Means zilch to me but most people act like it should get them extra credit. 

Becca has a great body and wore all her outfits really well in tonight's episode, but her face doesn't do anything for me so it's hard to see the big attraction (sorry, shallow).

I think she's gorgeous all the way around. 

On 6/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, peachmangosteen said:

He hair is way too dark imo. She darkened it from The Bachelor, I think. 

Her hair is darker and I think it's too dark.

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If a guy shows me a Harry Potter tattoo on his arm, he is pretty much guaranteed a second date.

I never read it and I only saw the first movie, but I agree with this.

I would rather see a guy with a Jane Austen quote tattoo. That would really impress me.

4 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I didn't have any problem with how Lincoln acted, I thought he was as funny in his own way as Jordan is, but Connor is a punk bully. I wouldn't have waited until the rose ceremony to boot his ass out there. Such a loser. I can't stand alpha male types, they always look to be overcompensating for their own shortcomings. Nothing wrong with a man crying if he feels overwhelmed. It definitely looked like the guys were ganging up on him, although in retrospect, they were probably just surprised at how quickly Connor reacted. Just like my reactive dog, from 0 to 100 in a few seconds. Tolerable in my dog, because I love him, but I wouldn't give that guy the time of day. Hope he doesn't reappear on Paradise once he goes.

I totally agree. 

• Love 5
On 6/5/2018 at 3:20 PM, Token said:

Go away Rachel!!  We get it, you need to be the centre of attention.  Just shut up already!!  It's not about you right now.

I didn't watch her season, and I don't recall her saying much on Nick's season, but has she always been so negative?  Yeesh, IMO she was being awfully critical and sarcastic.  It was just a stupid game.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, Kbilly said:
On 6/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, chocolatine said:

Did Wills say his parents have been married for 50 years? He can't be older than 30, so I wonder what the story is with that. Is he the Bella Viall of his family?

The Bella Viall reference slayed me! My ears pinged on this too! How can it be true?

It's possible.  Say he's 30.  If his parents were married at 20, that would make them 70, and would mean they had him at 40. 

On 6/5/2018 at 7:10 PM, partofme said:

They might have the air conditioning in the mansion on full blast.    It's always freezing in my office even in the summer.

I HATE office air conditioning, I use a space heater at work in the Summer.  So yeah, "freezing" is relative.  I'm of Eastern European descent, lived in PA my whole life, yet I wear my North Face jacket when it's in the 60s.  Becca is certainly more tolerant than I am, running around in dresses with no sleeves and pretty much no front...I was really expecting a few wardrobe malfunctions!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Tolerable in my dog, because I love him

Also because he's a dog.  I tend to be more forgiving of my dog's naughtiness than a human's, being that she doesn't really know any better, while a human...well...should :)

The show harping on Arie is super annoying.  Not because I'm an Arie fan (I don't really care about him either way), but because in real life, someone so fixated on their ex would raise some huge red flags, almost as huge as Jordan's ego.

I like Leo.  I was always into the long hair thing, plus I liked how he interacted with the kids on the dodgeball date.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Becca is certainly more tolerant than I am, running around in dresses with no sleeves and pretty much no front...I was really expecting a few wardrobe malfunctions!

I know they're trying to be all sexy for the show but I'd be in a big fuzzy sweater. I don't care.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I know they're trying to be all sexy for the show but I'd be in a big fuzzy sweater. I don't care.

Well, in my mind, a big fuzzy sweater is sexier than goose bumps :)

• Love 2
(edited)

Lincoln making a big production smooching the photo reminded me of the lawyer on Rachel’s season (blanking on his name) who was drinking champagne out of his spelling bee trophy, which I just thought was hilarious and made me root for the guy. Jordan falls into the same camp of playing up the cocky attitude. This kind of behavior would scream RUN in real life, but they’re just the right kind of Wrong Reasons Bachelor Nation needs right now. Yeah, they end up pissing off the other guys, but it’s so hilariously petty! “You’re dangling that picture in front of us!” or to Whaaaaboom “I couldn’t possibly have been watching you sleep eating a banana because i’m on a ketogenic diet!!” I live for this kind of stuff. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also because he's a dog.  I tend to be more forgiving of my dog's naughtiness than a human's, being that she doesn't really know any better, while a human...well...should :)

The show harping on Arie is super annoying.  Not because I'm an Arie fan (I don't really care about him either way), but because in real life, someone so fixated on their ex would raise some huge red flags, almost as huge as Jordan's ego.

I like Leo.  I was always into the long hair thing, plus I liked how he interacted with the kids on the dodgeball date.

Yep, that was what I was going for, I'd do anything for my dog that had rough beginnings, not so much for a guy that I just met.

Agreed, that Arie stuff is so annoying. If she isn't really over him, then she shouldn't be the Bachelorette yet. I am pretty sure that she came to her senses a couple of weeks later and realized that it's all to her benefit, it is mostly her ego that was hurt (as it is in many breakups). He does deserve a public slap for the way he did it (even if the producers came up with the extended live breakup not him) because it's all his fault for agreeing to it, and defending it afterwards as his way to help her get this gig. But all she had to do was go to town on the Arie cutout at the cocktail party with the help of all the men, and finally toss it at the curb. Have a final lingering shot on the damaged and torn cardboard, slow pan out and go to commercial. Then never bring him up again.  I would have been really upset if I was Becca and Blake, getting stuck with that lame "date." Not fun, not empowering, just cheap.

I don't like Leo, find him highly unattractive with a mean not snarky personality but come on Becca, you should have given him the rose. He deserved it. Maybe I would actually find out something about him that would intrigue me and reveal a hidden depth. Actually, he might have been an awesome partner in the aforementioned lame"date." Being a stuntman, he could have improvised a few rolls and fun action sequences. At least he's different from the many clones that I confuse together.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone has mentioned at the beginning of the show, when Chris Harrison came in and asked how people felt about the night before or whatever, and one guy pipes up with a bunch of sentences and Harrison says something like, "I don't even remember you"! 

• Love 2

I forgot to mention something.  The show tried to build up the drama by having Becca choose Colton last...but the previews from the 1st episode clearly show he went further than week 2.  We didn't even get the "I'm a virgin" conversation yet. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just a few thoughts:

I'm over Colton (not that I was really under him before ;) )and that's because, in part, of some info on podcasts. Nothing earth shaking, just info on his charity and such. But I think he's here for awhile

Love Leo's sense of humor. Still don't love his hair. It's fine. Whatever. Sadly, I don't imagine him making it more than 2 more weeks (just a guess) but I hope he makes it to paradise. 

Blake is great. Pretty basic in looks, but great. Clay is a sweetheart but I just don't see him with Becca but I have no doubt that he'll  find someone someday. Probably not someone on Paradise but that's because I can't imagine any of those women properly appreciating him (I'm mostly joking about that--I have largely good feelings for Arie's women). Jean Blanc is very appealing but I can't forget that somewhere out there he has a big pile of cologne. Christon is very attractive. Alex's goodbye was kinda sad. Also, I like David (and thought I wouldn't). 

It's always nice to see Rachel. And Bryan too? No, I don't actually care about seeing Bryan. I'm happy enough just knowing that they're together. I don't actually need to see them together. 

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Also, meant to say:

Jordan is the new Corrine. 

Nah.  Corrine seems to like sex for herself and her partner of the moment.  Jordan would probably have sex with a woman, then grab a mirror and ask his reflection "Was it good for you?" He reminds me of a live-action version of the conceited Prince Charming in Shrek 2.

• Love 9
On 2018-06-08 at 9:12 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned at the beginning of the show, when Chris Harrison came in and asked how people felt about the night before or whatever, and one guy pipes up with a bunch of sentences and Harrison says something like, "I don't even remember you"! 

Wasn't that Dave, and it was a joke because he came on the show in a chicken suit? 

17 hours ago, EllenB said:

Nah.  Corrine seems to like sex for herself and her partner of the moment.  Jordan would probably have sex with a woman, then grab a mirror and ask his reflection "Was it good for you?" He reminds me of a live-action version of the conceited Prince Charming in Shrek 2.

Nah, Jordan would have a mirror on the ceiling (makes me think of English Beat, or the Eagles - 

“Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'

I am finding Jordan hilarious so far. If he's meant to be a villain, it's like Gaston of Beauty & The Beast fame. Harmless until he tries to kill the beast.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PreBabylonia said:

I am finding Jordan hilarious so far. If he's meant to be a villain, it's like Gaston of Beauty & The Beast fame. Harmless until he tries to kill the beast.

OMG he's totally Gaston! Full of self boasting and arrogance but generally harmless unless someone else arms him and points him at their target. I think he's actually too narcissistic to really be a true villain who goes after others because he clearly feels like they aren't worth his time. He just expects the world to love Jordan and worship Jordan because Jordan is the bestest little male model in the whole wide world. 

So far he doesn't bother me. He's a refreshing change from the more meanspirited "villains" this show has had. 

• Love 3
On 6/6/2018 at 10:35 PM, backformore said:

Not any man that I know of.  Most straight men in particular HATE being forced to dress up.  It's why "business casual" became a thing starting about 30 years ago and ended up going to the extremes that it has now.

And somebody upthread (I forget who) said that the male model was more of the "Sears catalog" type of underwear model.  Hey, I grew up with those catalogs, and that was my favorite section!

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

And somebody upthread (I forget who) said that the male model was more of the "Sears catalog" type of underwear model.  Hey, I grew up with those catalogs, and that was my favorite section!

LOL I remember a catalog came out from one of the department stores (may even have been Sears) when I was a kid (say early 70s) and my BFF's mom and my mom were giggling uncontrollably about a particular page. Turns out there was a "wardrobe malfunction" and some guy's stuff was peeking out the bottom of his boxers!

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎08 at 2:40 AM, ByTor said:

I didn't watch her season, and I don't recall her saying much on Nick's season, but has she always been so negative?  Yeesh, IMO she was being awfully critical and sarcastic.  It was just a stupid game.

I liked her on Nick's season and really wanted her to be the Bachelorette.  But she turned into a bit of a nightmare during her season.  And, in subsequent appearances like in this episode or when she appeared in the Winter Olympics version one episode, she was a total bitch. Just awful.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

LOL I remember a catalog came out from one of the department stores (may even have been Sears) when I was a kid (say early 70s) and my BFF's mom and my mom were giggling uncontrollably about a particular page. Turns out there was a "wardrobe malfunction" and some guy's stuff was peeking out the bottom of his boxers!

I remember that.  From what I recall, it was never determined that it wasn't just a printing blotch.

Actually, Snopes got on the case.

• Love 2