Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/21/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I almost tweeted this at her “You are beyond rude, entitled, spoiled, too angry and so unpleasant. You constantly interrupt, monopolize the conversation and then dare to snap that you were speaking. You are becoming ridiculous and exhausting. Wish you could take a manners class.”

But I know she wont see it and if she does, it won’t do any good. Damn, is she nasty! I honestly can’t believe she is allowed to act like this. One of the most entitled brats I’ve ever seen. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm surprised no one "at the table" has done their homework regarding The Donald & the NFL ... years ago, he tried to buy a team but the other owners black-balled him because of his bad reputation.  Since then, he's been cosying up to whatever NFL big wig that would tolerate him & trying to ingratiate himself.  This chaos is his way of getting back at them, pure & simple!!!

The same way that he has been going after Amazon because Jeff Bezos called him a name, in a tweet, years ago. 

• Love 23
(edited)
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I am physically ill the NFL capitulated about the kneeling.  Guess I won't be watching football anymore.  I can't watch a sport where the players are treated like property.  I don't understand how an employer can punish an employee for doing something that is legal. And that is the argument they are using to justify this.  That the players are employees.

What is appalling is that most of the players are Black and have to deal with what that means off the field.  The owners of the football teams will never have to deal with that, in their reality.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

They removed the tantrum from the YouTube clip. I was wondering why they were taking too long in uploading the segments. 

I'm watching the clip now and yes it has been edited.  WTF?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Saw this today:

E1A2A361-90FC-4A4A-A465-D0D3006F6A7E.jpeg

I love this.  Thank you! 

17 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

They removed the tantrum from the YouTube clip. I was wondering why they were taking too long in uploading the segments. 

Whose tantrum, it isn’t on here yet? 

• Love 6

Call me petty (i've been called worse...) but Whoopi, true to form, introduces Michelle Wolf as "our NEXT guest", when she was, in fact the FIRST guest... I guess I am not quite out of last nerves.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

The only thing I can offer in Whoopi's defense regarding HI is that if one volcano blows, it's possible that those on other islands may be getting ready to blow too?  But I'm not a geologist so I don't know.

The Big Island, Hawaii, has had active lava situations for years. I was there last fall and there was lava erupting out of the caldera and lava flowing into the ocean and it was no big deal. This current situation is more serious because the volcano is more active, but it is occurring only in a small part of the island, and tourism shouldn't be discouraged for visiting the Big Island or any of the other islands  because of Whoopi's ignorant comments.( I live in Portland, Oregon. When Mt St Helens erupted years ago, we didn't worry about Mt. Hood erupting too, because we have scientists who study these volcanos and know when they are likely to become active.) 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I had to watch for myself. Yup, it's edited. I think it's time to write the higher-ups about this. They're doing everything in their power to "rehab" Meghan.

• Love 15
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I had to watch for myself. Yup, it's edited. I think it's time to write the higher-ups about this. They're doing everything in their power to "rehab" Meghan.

Will the posters who watch it in later time zones let us know if it is edited out of their broadcasts?

This reminds me of the internet being scrubbed of Elisabeth's famous meltdowns.  Why is that blond Barbie conservatives on the View have ABC looking out for them?

ETA:  The meltdown is there on videos of the full episode.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Will the posters who watch it in later time zones let us know if it is edited out of their broadcasts?

This reminds me of the internet being scrubbed of Elisabeth's famous meltdowns.  Why is that blond Barbie conservatives on the View have ABC looking out for them?

It was there on my Pacific time broadcast.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I almost tweeted this at her “You are beyond rude, entitled, spoiled, too angry and so unpleasant. You constantly interrupt, monopolize the conversation and then dare to snap that you were speaking. You are becoming ridiculous and exhausting. Wish you could take a manners class.”

But I know she wont see it and if she does, it won’t do any good. Damn, is she nasty! I honestly can’t believe she is allowed to act like this. One of the most entitled brats I’ve ever seen. 

Man, it sure does give insight into what her upbringing must've been like, huh?  None - NONE - of the other women behave like that.  Yes, everyone jumps in and talks over someone else; that's the nature of conversation.  But people don't usually snap at others for doing so, especially when the snapper is the worst offender who's ever offended.  I seriously do not know how Sunny, Joy and Sara put up with this shit, day after day.  Whoopie must have some secret agreement with whomever, because she lets this go on, plus she apologizes if she has to interrupt her little highness to go to break.  "I'm sorry, Baby".  Blech.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I just sent this feedback to ABC on their website:

Why did you all edit the altercation between Meghan McCain and Sunny this morning out of the youtube clip? It appears to be a deliberate attempt on the part of ABC to rehab Meghan's image. The proof of what happened this morning is already all over the web so it's kind of a silly attempt on your part. https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/views-meghan-mccain-erupts-audience-turns-nfl-protests-im-still-talking/

Viewers would like an explanation. Otherwise, stop trying to play clean-up for Meghan.

(Yes, I included that link from raw story.)

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!!  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I did it on the behalf of all of us on this thread! =] 

Many thanks. She is asking everyone to observe a moment of silence @ 3 pm on Memorial Day but I work for the NFL so no can do. 

I felt Whoopi did clap back at MM by telling her she was through then going to break. She didn't apologize and call her baby do that's a positive. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

Many thanks. She is asking everyone to observe a moment of silence @ 3 pm on Memorial Day but I work for the NFL so no can do. 

I felt Whoopi did clap back at MM by telling her she was through then going to break. She didn't apologize and call her baby do that's a positive. 

No problem! 

And yes, that was definitely shade on Whoopi's part! 

43 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's still disturbing that they felt the need to edit that out on the youtube clips. 

• Love 10

What bothers me the most about Meghan's stance on the kneeling is she says she is so passionate about this all the while dismissing anyone else's passion about being on the other side of this issue.  While Sunny was talking about how deeply she felt about this the camera cut to Meghan and you could see her getting redder and breathing heavy.  She looked like a snake about to strike at it's prey.  

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm surprised no one "at the table" has done their homework regarding The Donald & the NFL ... years ago, he tried to buy a team but the other owners black-balled him because of his bad reputation.  Since then, he's been cosying up to whatever NFL big wig that would tolerate him & trying to ingratiate himself.  This chaos is his way of getting back at them, pure & simple!!!

I’m surprised that they are so ill-informed in general.  Do they not read anything prior to a show?  That’s their job!!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

What bothers me the most about Meghan's stance on the kneeling is she says she is so passionate about this all the while dismissing anyone else's passion about being on the other side of this issue.  While Sunny was talking about how deeply she felt about this the camera cut to Meghan and you could see her getting redder and breathing heavy.  She looked like a snake about to strike at it's prey.  

I noticed that, too. It's a clear sign in my eyes that she never truly listens to anyone with an opposing view. She may hear them but she isn't truly listening

• Love 18

Here is an interesting take on Meghan from 2013:

https://www.salon.com/2013/09/13/meghan_mccain_the_worst_of_millennial_culture/

A quote: "Meghan McCain is the epitome of what it is to be not a millennial -- a group of individuals of multifarious racial and class backgrounds -- but the media perception of a millennial. The media wished that millennials, as a group, could be self-absorbed, entitled and unimaginative; Meghan McCain rose to the challenge."

• Love 16
(edited)

Dumb of them to edit it out.  Now people are going to go looking for it to see what was so bad compared to her usual outbursts. That's what I did.  Usually I would just skip over her screeching.

Whoopi was heated.  I wonder if they edited it out because of that because as far as Meghan's antics go, this was calm for her.  Or was Meghan being a wuss about being disagreed with?

Sara is getting overshadowed because it seems like she's been been instructed to provide some backup for Meghan.  And you could also see her place a calming hand on Joy's arm, like trying to pull her back from engaging with Meghan.  

It's kind of a drag to watch now.  It's not a fun and lighthearted show anymore.  They had such great chemistry with Jed.  Is DaughterofMcCain (because that's the only reason this "bad-assed chick" is on the show) really that much of a coup?

Edited by LakeGeorg
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

Here is an interesting take on Meghan from 2013:

https://www.salon.com/2013/09/13/meghan_mccain_the_worst_of_millennial_culture/

A quote: "Meghan McCain is the epitome of what it is to be not a millennial -- a group of individuals of multifarious racial and class backgrounds -- but the media perception of a millennial. The media wished that millennials, as a group, could be self-absorbed, entitled and unimaginative; Meghan McCain rose to the challenge."

Her thoughts about feminism are too ridiculous to believe.  She asks who doesn't like attention from the opposite sex.  WTF?  As a proud feminist I do like attention from the opposite sex.  Attention that is respectful.  Jesus she has not grown or learned anything in the past five years.  If anything she has gotten worse.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I am physically ill the NFL capitulated about the kneeling.  Guess I won't be watching football anymore.  I can't watch a sport where the players are treated like property.  I don't understand how an employer can punish an employee for doing something that is legal. And that is the argument they are using to justify this.  That the players are employees.

And the same way he went after President Obama for making a joke at his expense.

Let me fix that for you:  And the same way he went after President Obama for making a joke at his expense being a better president/person than he'll ever be.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm watching the clip now and yes it has been edited.  WTF?

Why would they edit that out?  It's who they hired . I admit I turnedit off as soon as she started to scream "I'm still talking."   

I'll watch it later if I'm up for it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why would they edit that out?  It's who they hired . I admit I turnedit off as soon as she started to scream "I'm still talking."   

On youtube it was only edited out of certain uploads.  My guess is whoever is doing the uploading is censoring their own uploads.  I have noticed on certain View uploads the comments are more Meghan friendly.  

• Love 4

MM is loaded with false equivalencies.  Her transition from the NFL players kneeling to a T-shirt saying Fuck, was astounding.  With a little work it could be an SNL skit!  

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wanted to slap the hell out Meghan.  I'm not a violent person but damn she is miserable. I don't get why she can't understand that it's the Freaking kneeling isn't about the flag or anthem.  She can't get it through her thick ass head that it's about the injustice people of color are going through everyday.  That basketball player was just tased and the cops lied and said he resisted....except oops he didn't . How can Meghan not get that?

I'm glad her one billion and ten flags are safe in her freaking apartment.  

7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

On youtube it was only edited out of certain uploads.  My guess is whoever is doing the uploading is censoring their own uploads.  I have noticed on certain View uploads the comments are more Meghan friendly.  

Ok , duh. I didn't think of that. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She can't get it through her thick ass head that it's about the injustice people of color are going through everyday.  That basketball player was just tasted and the cops lied and said he resisted....except oops he didn't . How can Meghan not get that?

It's because she has never faced injustice.  Or I doubt even knows anyone who has.  She herself said she is in her bubble and she is.  She cannot and will not even understand or believe someone else might not have it as easy as her.

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's because she has never faced injustice.  Or I doubt even knows anyone who has.  She herself said she is in her bubble and she is.  She cannot and will not even understand or believe someone else might not have it as easy as her.

Hmmmm. I think that part of the problem is that to Meghan, "injustice" is only worth fighting against when she is the perceived victim.  So it's too-bad-so-sad for Black people who want to make a public statement about the injustices they face, particularly at the hands of law enforcement.  Meghan gets to silence them because the issue isn't relevant to her personally.

Another part of the problem is that Meghan sees disagreement with her worldview as injustice--witness her anger and passive-aggressive behavior when the audience doesn’t agree with her.  She uses tricked-out polls to preemptively attack those who disagree, but ends up telling half-truths or decontextualized stats.  For example,  the same Reuters article said that even most of those who disagree with Kaepernick believe that players have the right to kneel during the anthem.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So, Meghan throws a mini tantrum because Sunny interrupted her and they go to a commercial.  When they come back, Meghan has uninterrupted air time.  Who else, other than Whoopie, ever gets that?  I’m not going to time it but she seems to get twice as much air time as anyone else.  This really is The Meghan McCain Hour.

When you are the lone conservative on the panel you should get about 50% of the airtime. The other 50% should be dedicated to the rest of the liberal panelists. 

• Love 1
(edited)

To me, it would be nice if the conversations on the show were more balanced and objective. There is no middle. You shouldn’t always agree with the actions and policies of the president, but you shouldn’t always disagree with them either. Sure, Trump can be a complete moron at times, but there are definitely some things that he has done that are positive. Just because you despise a person so much doesn’t mean that you can never give them credit when credit is due.The ladies of the View don’t seem to get it.

Edited by Ohboy
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Joy very recently gave Trump credit for something and made sure everyone understood that. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was.

Yeah, I remember her doing that.  I can't remember what it was either.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And I think the honchos love all of this.  People talking, websites reporting, publicity for The View.

Unfortunately!  As long as they're talking about you .......

• Love 2

I don’t remember either, but I vaguely remember something. However, I’m pretty sure it was something stupid and Joy was likely making a joke of it. You will sometimes hear Meghan give him credit, but she is usually quickly attacked by Joy or Sunny.