Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I just don't think the tale Bethenny told to Dorinda is so insulting or humiliating for Adam. She asked him, and he couldn't afford to do it for free. She thinks he's an operator. Considering his trips with Carole, breaking up, and then continuing to call her and let her know how he's dating other woman... I'm not sure "operator" is unfair

And Bethenny's boyfriend  is (or was) married when they got together and when Luann said it Bethenny lost her shit. Bethenny passes all these judgements and labels but the minute she's called out she can't handle it. 

• Love 22
(edited)
7 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Oh my....Carole would be the most exhausting to me, with her passive/aggressiveness, and her "coffee" .  I prefer B or Jill Zarin, you always know where you stand with people like us.  (see what I did there?  LOL)  

I don't understand what was appalling about it?  What are contacts for if you can 't use them or share them with friends?  Its the way my world turns.  "You got a guy for ........  ".  "Yeah, I got a guy, what do you need?"

Sorry, I quoted the wrong one. I was referring to the scene showing Sonja talking to the woman who does her facial about douching between having sex with two different men. IMO TMI!

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5

Sorry to be daft, but I am still confused about Bethenny asking Adam to go to Houston.  What was that all about?  I stay confused with all of the back and forth bitching at each other on this show. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

A47E21ED-0545-44C4-A5A7-E1D522273E06.jpeg.5ecee2419e5dd9afe79b71c619531766.jpeg

My girlfriend made her own Christmas soldier. 

Your friend should tweet this to Dorinda - she would probably order a dozen of them!  Very cute!  :-)

6 hours ago, ichbin said:

I have one that is about 4 ft. high.  My (adult) daughter thinks it is creepy, so one Christmas I moved it to the doorway of her bedroom so it would be the first thing she saw when she woke up.  She was not amused...

Oh my.....I would probably have had a heart attack!  I bet you both laugh about it now!  ;-)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Loved your post.  Concerning Bethenny's marriage, a lot of people sided with her, claiming Jason was a horror.  No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her?   I absolutely know my husband couldn't live with her for five minutes.  I'm surprised they lasted the two years.

I’ve heard/watched the Jason divorce stories, but Bethenny was so weird during their marriage.  She was so neurotic about EVERYTHING down to visiting with what seemed to be Jason’s loving doting and NORMAL parents with Bryn because lord forbid they show the child the affection Bethenny never got as a child.

I don’t really care about the fight.  I’m sure it was period correct, but I was distracted by the bedazzled thong headband Bethenny was wearing as she continued to cut Carole off.  With more alcohol, I could see Sonja and Ramona trying it on and running around the house.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 9:24 PM, Gem 10 said:

I've never seen her hosting anything.  Looks like she didn't cook .. Adam did.  She looks like she has low energy.  Not to be mean, but, she looks like she could use a B-12 shot to pep her up.  I'm surprised she did the marathon.  

Just off the top of my head she has hosted the election party, the St. Barths trip ("hosted", I know), a ping pong tournament, the party when she ran for president of her building board, a baby shower for a friend of hers, a dinner party for (I believe) Heather, Jon, Kristen, and Josh, and the Widow's Guide release party.

Her events may not be as big as other Howife events, but she does host things.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Forgot the ping pong.
  • Love 20
36 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Don't get all worked up.    The conversation about the vacations had NOTHING to do with Adam.   We were discussing Carole and her relationship to money and people with money.    

I don't remember that but OK.   You said "the others" but Ramona is only one person.

I'm not worked up about anything! Actually it did have to do with Adam/Carole because some think that IF Bethenny paid for these trips then he is beholden to her and should have gone to Huston even if it cost him a work contract/paycheck, which is nonsense IMO. He owed her nothing beyond a sincere Thank You.  

Carole said that she had heard from "others" that Bethenny was talking crap about her behind her back and I believe it, it is Bethenny's MO. 

32 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I just don't think the tale Bethenny told to Dorinda is so insulting or humiliating for Adam. She asked him, and he couldn't afford to do it for free. She thinks he's an operator. Considering his trips with Carole, breaking up, and then continuing to call her and let her know how he's dating other woman... I'm not sure "operator" is unfair

Carole said that she didn't care about Bethenny/Adam tiff, what hurt/confused her was how Bethenny was treating her, distant, snipping at her, being dismissive towards her, ect. She wanted to know what was different now, what had happened to cause Bethenny to act like that about/towards Carole and was asking Bethenny if it had to do with Adam turning her down. Bethenny refused to give her an honest, straight answer and instead plaid word games with her. 

• Love 21

Sonja took it further, Sweet-tea, and said the “sperms” would “fight” inside of her.  It’s the Sharks versus the Jets up in there, snapping fingers menacingly by her cervix!   (“When you’re a ho, you’re a ho all the way, from your old plutocrat to your gross pirate lay-yay!”) She’s so dizzy-lightful!  She doesn’t have a mean bone in her, unless you count an unsheathed one here and there and heck, that’s mostly spongy tissue, and what’s a condom, between adults?   What’s the point in showing discretion  with the, um, ribald tales, from a mom with a teen daughter when you can seem like the sexiest J, you feel me?  What's a commitment to a senior dog or cat, I mean, who cares if you treat them as disposable if the animals are too lazy to learn English and how to text SOS without having fingers, or get themselves adopted by Quincy to avoid “rehoming” with a “very stylish gay man” (and is there any other kind, huh?).  

Sonja deserved worse than she’s gotten in life.  And I’m sure the rest of it is coming, whether or not she’s chained up Conor to answer or not answer the door.

Bethenny was desperado in the big talk with Carole, and I see she's not come to her senses by next week.   Ageism is not the look.  What a fool.

• Love 16

I think Beth is upset with Carole for a couple of reasons.  I don't think she liked that Carole was friendly with Tinsley.  And btw, I don't think Carole and Tinsley are 'that' close but Beth lost her minion.  I think she's upset with Adam because he turned her down because he had other commitments he couldn't rearrange.  I think he said yes but then couldn't work it out.  Didn't she say that Adam was rich but then he said he couldn't afford it?  There may be more as to what Beth said to Carole about Adam.  There's so much that is weird in this.  Adam and Carole broke up.  We haven't seen Adam at all this season.  Why is she bringing him up at all?  Now, Beth's story could be totally off.  Heck, Beth told Doris she asked Adam to go to Houston.  She also said she emailed him.  Now she's denying this.  It was her organization according to her this week.  I don't trust any story Beth tells because she is the great exaggerator and she lies.  The woman who was lost at sea.....  Did Adam ask what the comp was?  I wouldn't take that declaration at face value.  She is not to be trusted.

If Beth did pay Adam and Carole's way on the vacations, then maybe that pissed her off even more.  You don't give gifts with strings attached.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not worked up about anything! Actually it did have to do with Adam/Carole because some think that IF Bethenny paid for these trips then he is beholden to her and should have gone to Huston even if it cost him a work contract/paycheck, which is nonsense IMO. He owed her nothing beyond a sincere Thank You.  

OK If "some think....."  please lecture them and not in a response to me.   I didn't say that.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lemons said:

True.  Carole is not "shame free" like the rest of them, hawking whatever they think they can get away with.  Carole likes fashion but besides that we don't see her with things like drivers, big black cars, huge apartment, etc.   I cannot stand when people over react and Bethenny is an over reacter. 

image.jpeg

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I wanna know which episode it was that Carol thanked Bethenny for taking her and Adam on the trip, I wanna see if I can gage by their tone if it means Bethenny paid for it or not. It may also be that Bethenny knows people from wherever they went/there are certain perks that may come with her career (as we saw in Tequila, Mexico), like free hotel suites, unlimited alcohol sampling and being waited on hand and foot bc of who she is, etc. and so she took Carol and Adam along and they stayed wherever Bethenny was staying for free (which would mean Bethenny didn't pay for anything for Carol and Adam, she just invited them along to stay in a place they wouldn't otherwise have access to, which is still nice of her, but not the same as Bethenny shelling out her own cash to bring Carol and her man somewhere with her on a trip). 

But this info is important to me because if Bethenny really did pay for Carol and her boyfriend to come on trips w/them several times, I could see why Bethenny would be annoyed with Adam that he couldn't do her that 1 favor in return.  

But then again, Bethenny's been so awful, opportunistic and ungrateful to people who've done so much for her, that I can't even feel bad for her. So if it is true, oh well, karma...

I believe it is the episode where Bethenny originally talks about Dennis but doesn't mention him by name-the same season Luann got engaged.   Carole thanked Bethenny for including them.  From the trip pics-which ironically were of Adam and Carole they were in St. Barths Bethenny's playground.  Bethenny likes to brag her men have private jets so my guess is they joined them on the plane ride.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Loved your post.  Concerning Bethenny's marriage, a lot of people sided with her, claiming Jason was a horror.  No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her?   I absolutely know my husband couldn't live with her for five minutes.  I'm surprised they lasted the two years.

Actually, Jason was very helpful to Bethenny at home and in developing and selling her Skinny Girl brand off for millions. Jason came from a very loving home with two parents that stayed together and adored their only grandchild. I believe his brother passed away before he met Bethenny. He tried to get Bethenny on board with visiting his parents in Pennsylvania with Bryn every few weeks but she balked at it and made fun of his parents and their small town. I think Jason was beaten down by her neurotic personality and  her need for total control..also, she badgered him to quit his job and work for her. I think she emasculated him with her criticisms of what she perceived as his "lack of ambition" when he really wanted to be his own person with a job he liked that was separate from their marriage. After they split he got a little crazy...it became a power struggle between them for custody of Bryn, custody of the apartment they had bought and remodeled and all the other stuff that married couples fight about when the love is lost and they split up. Dealing with Bethenny in a divorce must have been grueling but it doesn't excuse his behavior...I think he grew to hate her and he put himself in a bad place...it didn't help that the New York tabloids followed him around taking pictures of him and Bryn when he picked her up from school or took her to the park. I'm sure Bethenny used her connections with the press to put unflattering stuff about Jason in their papers. 

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think Beth is upset with Carole for a couple of reasons.  I don't think she liked that Carole was friendly with Tinsley.  And btw, I don't think Carole and Tinsley are 'that' close but Beth lost her minion.  I think she's upset with Adam because he turned her down because he had other commitments he couldn't rearrange.  I think he said yes but then couldn't work it out.  Didn't she say that Adam was rich but then he said he couldn't afford it?  There may be more as to what Beth said to Carole about Adam.  There's so much that is weird in this.  Adam and Carole broke up.  We haven't seen Adam at all this season.  Why is she bringing him up at all?  Now, Beth's story could be totally off.  Heck, Beth told Doris she asked Adam to go to Houston.  She also said she emailed him.  Now she's denying this.  It was her organization according to her this week.  I don't trust any story Beth tells because she is the great exaggerator and she lies.  The woman who was lost at sea.....  Did Adam ask what the comp was?  I wouldn't take that declaration at face value.  She is not to be trusted.

If Beth did pay Adam and Carole's way on the vacations, then maybe that pissed her off even more.  You don't give gifts with strings attached.

Adam was in the marathon episode, he waited for Carole to finish it. 

19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

OK If "some think....."  please lecture them and not in a response to me.   I didn't say that.  

I wasn't "lecturing" anyone, not even you, I though we all were having a "conversation" about the show/Bethenny/Carole/Adam, both pro and con. 

5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe it is the episode where Bethenny originally talks about Dennis but doesn't mention him by name-the same season Luann got engaged.   Carole thanked Bethenny for including them.  From the trip pics-which ironically were of Adam and Carole they were in St. Barths Bethenny's playground.  Bethenny likes to brag her men have private jets so my guess is they joined them on the plane ride.  

Wait, does Dennis own his own plane? I never heard Bethenny make that claim. LOL That still doesn't mean Bethenny paid for their vacation, maybe Dennis paid for all of them. LOL

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

The scene was very odd. I'm not sure that Bethenny was acting, but it sure seemed like there was something very inauthentic about Carole. I'm not convinced that any of it is scripted or anything, but I do think she was probably convinced to do it by a combo of Dorinda and Ramona. And Dorinda set her up while Ramona looked on completely thrilled. Such a voice this year, my girl!

I thought the day mattered as well, since Carole said he had a conflict. But, I'm also a parser and a stickler during arguments. My father said I should have been a lawyer and he was probably right. Anyway, I think I get what she was saying, but I don't get what the big deal was. I think she definitely wanted there to be a big deal though. From his Instagram, Adam never struck me as a paycheck to paycheck kind of guy. He seems pretty set up to me and living the good life.

I felt a lot like Bethenny during that whole scene. I think I listened to Carole, but I had no idea what all the anger was about. Her face the whole time was really odd too. It kind of reminded me of when someone would put a non-popular girl up to starting a fight with someone so that she could score points with the popular girls. Very strange.

Do you follow Carole on Instagram? I once thought the same thing, but not anymore.

A couple of other random thoughts. Sonja is a bad person and I couldn't even follow the convo about condoms because I think my brain took mercy on me and tuned out completely. She's gross.

My favorite part was Dorinda vowing to find the nutcracker like the Christmas elf that she is. Very endearing. That said, I thought this was a pretty lame episode. The murder mystery should have been way more entertaining and the big fight seemed oddly manufactured. 

Me three. Carole said (paraphrasing all this) that Adam had to work on Sunday (as a defense of why Adam couldn't do Beth's charity thing). And then Bethenny said, "It was Saturday". That's not parsing words, it's setting the record straight. And it was relevant because of the reason Carole offered for Adam being unable to be there. Totally within bounds.

I thought either Carole came with an agenda because she had pent up resentments, and Bethenny was confused about where all this hostility from chill, straight-shooting Carole was coming from. Bethenny seemed stunned and off her game. Which could be because she was genuinely surprised or it could be tv drama.

Also, whatever lingering sympathy I had for Sonja dried up and blew away when she gave her dog and cat away. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I wasn't "lecturing" anyone, not even you, I though we all were having a "conversation" about the show/Bethenny/Carole/Adam, both pro and con. 

Wait, does Dennis own his own plane? I never heard Bethenny make that claim. LOL That still doesn't mean Bethenny paid for their vacation, maybe Dennis paid for all of them. LOL

Well, ok.  He was at the marathon but let's face it, he's had no significant role this season.  I don't recall him accompanying Carole as a date or anything else centered on him.  He doesn't seem to be in any position to defend himself regarding Beth's comments about him not going to Houston.  If Beth is pissed about this, and IMO she is, then confront Adam instead of recounting information to someone else that Beth spins.  Such as I asked him.  I emailed him.  And now it's my organization contacted him.  We really only have half the story.  Beth's story and I don't trust her accuracy. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole said that she had heard from "others" that Bethenny was talking crap about her behind her back and I believe it, it is Bethenny's MO. 

Carole said that she didn't care about Bethenny/Adam tiff, what hurt/confused her was how Bethenny was treating her, distant, snipping at her, being dismissive towards her, ect. She wanted to know what was different now, what had happened to cause Bethenny to act like that about/towards Carole and was asking Bethenny if it had to do with Adam turning her down. Bethenny refused to give her an honest, straight answer and instead plaid word games with her. 

8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny when on her radio show said she only dates billionaires with a B and guys with private planes.  To be clear, I think Dennis probably avails himself to something like Netjets-fractional ownership.  Jim Edmonds and Mauricio also have such an arrangement.  Bethenny use to have pictures up on her social media of various window shots from the private jets.

I don't think Bethenny and Dennis paying for the vacation is relevant to the situation at hand.  Bethenny has never raised it.  The closest thing that came up was Carole not staying with Bethenny in the Hamptons.  I do think Carole and Adam have benefited from Bethenny and Dennis' largess.  Again it is not about who picked up the tab.

For the record Andy has said the reason for the dispute is ambiguous as they go through the season.  https://www.eonline.com/news/938771/carole-radziwill-calls-bethenny-frankel-so-angry-and-unhappy-after-latest-rhony-battle

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Me three. Carole said (paraphrasing all this) that Adam had to work on Sunday (as a defense of why Adam couldn't do Beth's charity thing). And then Bethenny said, "It was Saturday". That's not parsing words, it's setting the record straight. And it was relevant because of the reason Carole offered for Adam being unable to be there. Totally within bounds.

I thought either Carole came with an agenda because she had pent up resentments, and Bethenny was confused about where all this hostility from chill, straight-shooting Carole was coming from. Bethenny seemed stunned and off her game. Which could be because she was genuinely surprised or it could be tv drama.

Also, whatever lingering sympathy I had for Sonja dried up and blew away when she gave her dog and cat away. 

I don't think it mattered if it was a Sunday or a Tuesday.  He couldn't rearrange his schedule for 'that' day.  That was the point.  That was setting the record straight.  Not what day of the week it was.  JMHO.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny when on her radio show said she only dates billionaires with a B and guys with private planes.  To be clear, I think Dennis probably avails himself to something like Netjets-fractional ownership.  Jim Edmonds and Mauricio also have such an arrangement.  Bethenny use to have pictures up on her social media of various window shots from the private jets.

I don't think Bethenny and Dennis paying for the vacation is relevant to the situation at hand.  Bethenny has never raised it.  The closest thing that came up was Carole not staying with Bethenny in the Hamptons.  I do think Carole and Adam have benefited from Bethenny and Dennis' largess.  Again it is not about who picked up the tab.

For the record Andy has said the reason for the dispute is ambiguous as they go through the season.  https://www.eonline.com/news/938771/carole-radziwill-calls-bethenny-frankel-so-angry-and-unhappy-after-latest-rhony-battle

We had a neighbour once who had something like that. Big shots, big spenders...until their newest Mercedes was repo-ed and they eventually had to sell the house. 

Save your money kids!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Beth wants to raise it.  But she also knows how she would come off if she did.  I also think with Beth, it's very much about who picked up the tab. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree, it has nothing to do with anything beyond they all went on vacation together. That said, I have seen several posts saying that he should have gone to Huston for her because of these vacations and, IMO, that is ridiculous. 

Maybe it is Bethenny who uses/pays for private planes and not Dennis, who knows though. Wait, is Dennis worth a billion or is that why she keeps breaking up with him, because his net worth isn't big enough for her. LOL

I suspect that Andy isn't going to give away anything because the show is less than midway through the season, the reunion hasn't been filmed yet and because he is friends with both women IRL. After all, Andy isn't known for being all the truthful or forthcoming. LOL

9 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think Beth wants to raise it.  But she also knows how she would come off if she did.  I also think with Beth, it's very much about who picked up the tab. 

I agree, Bethenny is a score keeper and she will eventually call in any favors she did for you and heaven forbid you refuse to pay her price! 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think it mattered if it was a Sunday or a Tuesday.  He couldn't rearrange his schedule for 'that' day.  That was the point.  That was setting the record straight.  Not what day of the week it was.  JMHO.

Our brains work differently I guess. To my mind, saying he couldn't do your thing on day X because he had a valid reason (work) that prevented him from doing it, implies that the commitment he had on that particular day was the thing that caused him to be unable to do it.

It's about saying I couldn't do it because I was busy that day. But that wasn't even the day she asked him about, so working on Sunday isn't even relevant. She asked him for Saturday.

If only I had paid attention in logic class, I feel confident I could syllogize the hell out of this:

I work on Sundays

I can't do any charity work on days I work

Therefore, I am unable to help with your Sunday charity event

I'm asking about Saturday though.

;)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Our brains work differently I guess. To my mind, saying he couldn't do your thing on day X because he had a valid reason (work) that prevented him from doing it, implies that the commitment he had on that particular day was the thing that caused him to be unable to do it.

It's about saying I couldn't do it because I was busy that day. But that wasn't even the day she asked him about, so working on Sunday isn't even relevant. She asked him for Saturday.

If only I had paid attention in logic class, I feel confident I could syllogize the hell out of this:

I work on Sundays

;)

I think the difference is that it was Carole who said what day it was, not Adam.  And IIRC, Carole said that Adam thought he could rearrange but it turned out he couldn't.  Given what Beth said to Doris about 'her' asking Adam and 'her' emailing Adam, Beth then changes her story to her organization asked him, Beth and the 'day' is really minutia.  It's about what really happened. 

I would love to see Adam's actual response.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm no fan of Adam.  However, I don't trust Beth's version of anything especially since she's been caught in a lie about who asked Adam to do the trip.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Bethenney seemed to be either manic or on some kind of upper early on. Jeebus, is that really her? When she first entered Dorinda's and went on and on about the Nutcracker? Find it for me, nay, find ALL of them for me, and I will buy them! I will buy ALL of them! We get it, Beth, you a rich bish.

I've been trying to figure Bethenny's weird affect during this episode. I think she came into this trip knowing she's friendless pretty much, or at least without the anchor of a 'bestie' like Carole. Worse, Carole is spending all her time with Tinsley. I think we are seeing Bethenny's abandonment issues bigtime. She reverts to her lowest self. When she rolled in, she was definitely manic sounding. That's nervousness. Dorinda is a great host, but Dorinda is also stirring the pot, as seen with Ramona and Carole the night before at the restaurant. And what kind of a weird coupling was that? Ramona and Carole the honoured 'early arrivers' at the Berzerkshires? So, Bethenny was talking a mile a minute and overreacting because she isn't sure of herself and she HATES feeling out of control. Then at the table with Carole, it's all her worst childhood nightmares: public abandonment, no one 'on her team'. I'm not a Bethenny apologist. Like we've all said or thought through the seasons, watching Bethenny Frankel, money may possibly buy you class, but it won't buy you love. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I work on Sundays

;)

This whole situation is a leaky mess because they are not working from the same set of blueprints.  First it was about Bethenny calling Adam and now we find out Bethenny didn't make the call, it was an e-mail from one of her contacts.  I don't think you get your panties in a bunch over a friend calling your boyfriend if she didn't call.  Same with the day of the week, if Carole is asserting Adam tried to rearrange his schedule to clear Sunday and the trip is on a Saturday it is not a very cohesive set of facts.  Most of all this seems to have risen over a conversation Dorinda had with Bethenny and screwed up about half the conversation.  To further complicate things, Carole is playing the save a ho routine by claiming she quashed the Page Six story about the divide between she and Bethenny.  Everyone needs to sit down and stop taking bows.

I can see why Carole is hurting but I do think she should have just told Bethenny she was angry about how Bethenny had been treating her.  Carole just mimicked Bethenny's behavior with the snide comments and not letting Bethenny finish.  I hate to say it but I do think Carole was playing for the crowd,

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Actually, Jason was very helpful to Bethenny at home and in developing and selling her Skinny Girl brand off for millions. Jason came from a very loving home with two parents that stayed together and adored their only grandchild. I believe his brother passed away before he met Bethenny. He tried to get Bethenny on board with visiting his parents in Pennsylvania with Bryn every few weeks but she balked at it and made fun of his parents and their small town. I think Jason was beaten down by her neurotic personality and  her need for total control..also, she badgered him to quit his job and work for her. I think she emasculated him with her criticisms of what she perceived as his "lack of ambition" when he really wanted to be his own person with a job he liked that was separate from their marriage. After they split he got a little crazy...it became a power struggle between them for custody of Bryn, custody of the apartment they had bought and remodeled and all the other stuff that married couples fight about when the love is lost and they split up. Dealing with Bethenny in a divorce must have been grueling but it doesn't excuse his behavior...I think he grew to hate her and he put himself in a bad place...it didn't help that the New York tabloids followed him around taking pictures of him and Bryn when he picked her up from school or took her to the park. I'm sure Bethenny used her connections with the press to put unflattering stuff about Jason in their papers. 

Glad someone else is seeing the other side! I want to be a fan of Bethenny, but she's been so toxic of late from what little we see, their marriage had to be a serious trial! I will never believe "he's the devil and she's an angel!" She spends most of her time shading and reading these silly b!tches; all terrified to stand up to her until Carole recently! Bethenny's reign of terror in jeopardy? ;-)

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I've been trying to figure Bethenny's weird affect during this episode. I think she came into this trip knowing she's friendless pretty much, or at least without the anchor of a 'bestie' like Carole. Worse, Carole is spending all her time with Tinsley. I think we are seeing Bethenny's abandonment issues bigtime. She reverts to her lowest self. When she rolled in, she was definitely manic sounding. That's nervousness. Dorinda is a great host, but Dorinda is also stirring the pot, as seen with Ramona and Carole the night before at the restaurant. And what kind of a weird coupling was that? Ramona and Carole the honoured 'early arrivers' at the Berzerkshires? So, Bethenny was talking a mile a minute and overreacting because she isn't sure of herself and she HATES feeling out of control. Then at the table with Carole, it's all her worst childhood nightmares: public abandonment, no one 'on her team'. I'm not a Bethenny apologist. Like we've all said or thought through the seasons, watching Bethenny Frankel, money may possibly buy you class, but it won't buy you love. 

All Bethenny had to do was call Carole and talk things out before the trip but No, she expects others to read her mind and come to her. 

8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

This whole situation is a leaky mess because they are not working from the same set of blueprints.  First it was about Bethenny calling Adam and now we find out Bethenny didn't make the call, it was an e-mail from one of her contacts.  I don't think you get your panties in a bunch over a friend calling your boyfriend if she didn't call.  Same with the day of the week, if Carole is asserting Adam tried to rearrange his schedule to clear Sunday and the trip is on a Saturday it is not a very cohesive set of facts.  Most of all this seems to have risen over a conversation Dorinda had with Bethenny and screwed up about half the conversation.  To further complicate things, Carole is playing the save a ho routine by claiming she quashed the Page Six story about the divide between she and Bethenny.  Everyone needs to sit down and stop taking bows.

I can see why Carole is hurting but I do think she should have just told Bethenny she was angry about how Bethenny had been treating her.  Carole just mimicked Bethenny's behavior with the snide comments and not letting Bethenny finish.  I hate to say it but I do think Carole was playing for the crowd,

I do think Carole should have called Bethenny when she started to hear things Bethenny said about her/Adam but that goes both ways, Bethenny should have called Carole to make sure things weren't awkward between them after Adam turned her down, IMO, it did start there with Bethenny.  Carole really didn't know Bethenny was upset at her until that last get together before the Berkshires and then it was to late after they all got to Dorinda's house, Bethenny's walls were up and Carole was hurt/fired up. 

• Love 8

Actually, I think this is a rather idealized expectation, that all gifts are gifts and the giftee just needs to say thank you and is under no obligation other than to receive. We all say this is how it should be, which is why Bethenny is being held to account, but I am sure we all have felt both the obligation of a gift and the irritation in realizing someone is never going to reciprocate. I actually stopped giving Christmas gifts to some friends because while I really had no expectation of receiving a gift in return, it was stressing them to know I gave them a gift and they couldn't do one in return. Likewise I am in a situation right now where I am annoyed with a friend because we always go out for her birthday and I always treat her and you know what? She's never treated me. I'm not even sure she's ever asked when my birthday is.

If Bethenny has picked up the costs for some expensive vacations, I can see why Adam saying no to helping out would irk. But I also admit that I am not this idealized person who always gives gifts with no expectation of anything but thanks. 

I hate to say it but I do think Carole was playing for the crowd,

It felt forced on Carole's part. It also felt like a lot of high school bull shit, but then I freely admit not having much patience for the asinine "Adam and I aren't dating and I am not in love but OMG Bethenny spoke to him without MY permission" stuff in her blog. Seriously, I don't know about her acting like she's forty five, but I really get the vibe Carole writes "Carole loves Adam" all over her Trapper Keeper for English class.

• Love 15
On 5/23/2018 at 6:58 PM, noveltylibrary said:

I really wish Beth would just say WHY DID I HAVE TO TELL YOU I CALLED ADAM?

Thank you! I’m not even on Bethany’s side about this because I do think she was being pretty insufferable all evening (and I like Bethany), but Carole’s point was what? I really didn’t understand that at all. Is everyone supposed to run all Adam communicate through Carole? And Carole didn’t seem ready to jump the gun on the fight until Dorinda and Ramona said that Bethany might have said something about Adam. She really can’t handle any criticism of Adam.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

Thank you! I’m not even on Bethany’s side about this because I do think she was being pretty insufferable all evening (and I like Bethany), but Carole’s point was what? I really didn’t understand that at all. Is everyone supposed to run all Adam communicate through Carole? And Carole didn’t seem ready to jump the gun on the fight until Dorinda and Ramona said that Bethany might have said something about Adam. She really can’t handle any criticism of Adam.

It's called dating and it's being filmed! I can see him sitting up there with her watching the show later and having to ask her "why didn't you defend me?" Those cameras are all up in their faces; all of them are performing to some extent! I'd do the same if I were dating someone and harpies in my group started belittling or criticizing him! It's the high schooler in me too I guess! I can relate to Carole so much even if not my favorite character in the show! ;-)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Bethenny is mad that Carole didn't get upset at Adam and then got back together with him after he told Bethenny No.

Not really, we don't know if Bethenny paid for all of it or just invited them to go with her/Dennis. Thanking someone doesn't mean that person paid, it means the person thanking them was grateful they were asked to go. Either way, if they paid their half or if Bethenny paid for them, a gift is a gift, not tit for tat. There should be no expectation of "payback" when you give a gift.

Maybe Carole can write Bethenny a check to make up for it.  And then Bethenny can light it on fire.  Good lord.  Tit for tat is right. Until I see receipts and expense reports, it’s between friends.  Believe or not, that does happen from time to time.  You give and your get but love between friends usually overcomes.  IRL ?

• Love 6
(edited)

Might as well throw my two cents in. :) 

I think the underlying issues are fairly simple. Bethenny thinks Carole didn't show enough support (singly and in combination with Adam) for her PR efforts, and Carole thought Bethenny was not particularly supportive about her marathon. And neither of them were forthright about their feelings at the time. The Adam stuff was an escalating factor.

Edited by bref
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Your friend should tweet this to Dorinda - she would probably order a dozen of them!  Very cute!  :-)

Just don’t send it to her unassembled... we all know how she feels about THAT! :D She might have to call someone in her amazing Rolodex to help her put it together...

• Love 6
(edited)

About those vacations........ Does renting a house for a 7-10 days and inviting your friends to come constitute paying for their vacation?? They pay their flights, probably take the hosts out to dinner several times, etc. Has nobody been the benefactor of a friend renting a home somewhere and you visit for a couple of days ?? An extra big , empty private home ?

Pure speculation but I'll bet that his how those vacations went. Or something like, come, we can write it off as a professional expense. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what Carole wrote last week in her blog:

Spoiler Alert: What would you do if your friend called your boyfriend, secretly behind your back, and asked him to go to Houston with her? Yeah, that happened. Stay tuned next week for As RHONY Turns…but let’s begin with this week.

I do not understand the continual miscommunication between Bethenny and Carole.  Now I am back to I can see where Bethenny was defensive. Then again I wonder if Carole was intentionally creating a stuff to make Bethenny out to worse than she is.  Or if Carole was lied to my Adam.

It kind of reinforces why Bethenny would ask not to be called Honey.  That was not exactly a pleasant conversation.

Wait, is Carole accusing Bethany of hitting on Adam? Because that’s out of the blue. 

I have to say for as sophisticatied as Carole pretends to be, she can be quite provincial about sex. Very heteronormative with her “LuMan” and lots of weird shit about “blowies being a job” and sex is to keep your man happy whatnot. So I guess charity reliefs trips are just hookups and you have to protect your man from all the women, or something.

but honestly, I rarely understand the stuff Carole gets worked up about.

• Love 5

Wait, is Carole accusing Bethany of hitting on Adam? Because that’s out of the blue. 

Yeah that particular line in the blog really seems to be suggesting that a) Carole still thinks Adam is her boyfriend even now and b) that Bethenny was contacting "Carole's boyfriend" for something nefarious like a wild cheating fuckfest. 

This week's blog from Carole just sounded like a paranoid rant - I don't think Bethenny has an insidious agenda against Carole, I think she's just kind of an asshole. Carole's bitchfest just convinces me that Carole isn't terribly observant or bright since Bethenny's personality flaws have never been hidden or difficult to spot.

• Love 6
Just now, Rap541 said:

Yeah that particular line in the blog really seems to be suggesting that a) Carole still thinks Adam is her boyfriend even now and b) that Bethenny was contacting "Carole's boyfriend" for something nefarious like a wild cheating fuckfest. 

This week's blog from Carole just sounded like a paranoid rant - I don't think Bethenny has an insidious agenda against Carole, I think she's just kind of an asshole. Carole's bitchfest just convinces me that Carole isn't terribly observant or bright since Bethenny's personality flaws have never been hidden or difficult to spot.

So this is how Carole has consistently gotten me to sigh up for Team Anybody But Carole. She gets so oddly worked up in her own sound and furry. And once that girl gets an idea in her head there is no talking her down. Did I think Avivia was a nut job? Hell yes! Did Carole’s reaction to her QUESTION about having help from her editor convince me that Carole did indeed have a ghost writer? You bet! Do I think Luanne is a ridiculous human being? Of course! Has Carole’s bizarre need to try to paint Luanne with a Scarlet B (for butt stuff) make me want to nominate Luanne for The Nobel Prize in Real Housewifeness? It does, it really does! Carole is one of the least self reflective people ever. I have no idea how a success journalist has completely lost the ability to reflect on her own thoughts and actions, but she has. There is no internal editor going on. I think Bethany is more wrong then right here, but I do not think she tried to bone Adam! Learn to shut up while you’re ahead Carole!

• Love 7
(edited)
51 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

B wanting to spend time with Carol's boy toy still makes much more sense than him being the first person she thought of when she needed a photographer. But I say that as someone who is too lazy to google his photography background. Also don't think Beth is physically attracted to Dennis.

Edited by grublove
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I was distracted by the bedazzled thong headband Bethenny was wearing as she continued to cut Carole off.  

With more alcohol, I could see Sonja and Ramona trying it on and running around the house.

Yes.

But not on their heads ; )

• Love 9
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Ramona explained it best on a recent WWHL (question and answer starts at 3:42):

In so many words, Ramona basically said that Carol eventually started to find Bethenny exhausting, decided all the walking on eggshells wasn't worth it.  I get that same vibe. Plus, I trust Ramona's take on things like this bc, for all that she is, she is smart and perceptive, or, as another poster put it, she's "surprisingly astute." I agree. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No one here is privy to info other than what Bethenny posts on her SM and I don't ever remember her saying that she paid for any trip for Carole/Adam, she has posted that they all went on trips together but not who paid for what. I think some assumed that Bethenny paid but beyond that, no one really knows. 

Yeah, I think that sometimes these stories begin and end right here, lol.  I've seen this "Bethenny paid for expensive trips for Carol and Adam" narrative several times here, but I haven't seen any of the receipts.  I know we're not supposed to ask for them, so I haven't.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hey guess what Carole Tweeted last night?  Maybe she reads here.

Carole Radziwill‏Verified account @CaroleRadziwill 11h11 hours ago

More

I'm slow to jargon....Can someone explain what the bringing the receipts phrase means? Bad or good?

Re Bethenny and paying back, I was reminded of Bobby and how much he paid for Bethenny that whole summer in the Hamptons, and she couldn't be bothered to visit him in the hospital when his thyroid was being removed.  

Edited by weaver
  • Love 13
(edited)

The definition of volunteer is:  a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.  For me, Adam can turn down B's request because he doesn't like the color of the plane seats.  I've said it before that he doesn't need a reason for not being her photographer.  Charities and a person's involvement with them is and should be of that person's choosing.  Maybe Adam just doesn't care for Bethenny.  If he has vacationed with her, that likely has more to do with his girlfriend than it does Bethenny.  Does that make him an asshole?  Totally depends on your individual perception.  Is Bethenny an asshole for thinking that she should have photographs taken of her being charitable?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carole defending Adam is no different than Bethenny defending Dennis (at the reunion with Luann).  They're on, they're off, and on and on, but they both have affectionate connections with these men, whether in an active, on-going relationship or merely as friends, and they will come to their defense.  It's not that puzzling to me.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I’ve heard/watched the Jason divorce stories, but Bethenny was so weird during their marriage.  She was so neurotic about EVERYTHING down to visiting with what seemed to be Jason’s loving doting and NORMAL parents with Bryn because lord forbid they show the child the affection Bethenny never got as a child.

I don’t really care about the fight.  I’m sure it was period correct, but I was distracted by the bedazzled thong headband Bethenny was wearing as she continued to cut Carole off.  With more alcohol, I could see Sonja and Ramona trying it on and running around the house.

We saw Bethenny naked in the previews...so much more alcohol. Sonja and Ramona might find it and do that next week.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Jason wanted to go to his parents home in PA every weekend. That is a bit much to ask of someone who hasn't had that kind of family closeness - and he knew this going into the relationship. Plus his mom tried to falsify docs (if I remember correctly) associated with the home he stayed in/wouldn't move out of that he was finally forced out of via the courts. (something to do with creating a trust that owns the home - I only remember bits and pieces).

Other topic - I don't know how one can equate spilling tea about Carole's on-off BF/making comments about how Carole has no career (she currently has no career in the traditional sense which is what Bethenny meant when relating how Tins and Carole bonded because both basically have a ton of free time to hang), is the same as Carole sharing something Bethenny shared in in confidence, like the preview clip of her mentioning "and you called Luanne a loser" what does calling Lu a loser have anything to do with Carole's beef with Bethenny, not to mention Carole HATED Luanne with the passion of a thousand suns (ok I'm being dramatic, but we all know Carole does not like Luanne). It's petty of Carole to do that. And all over some miscommunications and time not spent together? Maybe the Lu comment will make more sense once the episode airs but I doubt it. Bethenny was firmly on Team Carole in the Carole vs Luanne situation so for Carole to use some anti-Lu comment as ammunition against Bethenny is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, weaver said:

Hey guess what Carole Tweeted last night?  Maybe she reads here.

Carole Radziwill‏Verified account @CaroleRadziwill 11h11 hours ago

More

I'm slow to jargon....Can someone explain what the bringing the receipts phrase means? Bad or good?

Re Bethenny and paying back, I was reminded of Bobby and how much he paid for Bethenny that whole summer in the Hamptons, and she couldn't be bothered to visit him in the hospital when his thyroid was being removed.  

She can't be that dense about jargon, can she? Good lordt. She knows how to google. petty.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Other topic - I don't know how one can equate spilling tea about Carole's on-off BF/making comments about how Carole has no career (she currently has no career in the traditional sense which is what Bethenny meant when relating how Tins and Carole bonded because both basically have a ton of free time to hang),

Why is Bethany getting a pass for being a Horrible person? Yes Carol and Tinsley may have a lot of free time they may not have a "career" like she does. However Bethany was/is using that has a insult and put down. They arnt like me I'm "Important" (she has a huge self inflated worth) at every turn she uses insults masked has "telling the truth" to undermine everyone she feels is beneath her(which is 99.9% of the population unless you are a Billionaire thats Billion with a B and can do something for her Case in point her attacking Richard at that "dinner" after Dorinda was sent home...who attacks a dead mans character or job in life  just to get in a jab at his wife esp when she didn't know him) She doesn't support woman when it has nothing in it for her (she keeps tabs in her mind of everything she has done for you and then throws it in your face the moment you dont fall in line when she snaps her fingers) Ramona is correct in that assertion of her personality. She is Flippant and dismissive of anyone else's feelings but her own. Again I have to point out how Horrendous and super negative she was from the beginning to end towards EVERYONE at Dorinda's starting the moment she walked in (including her talking heads)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
so many thoughts :)
  • Love 15