Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

Bethenny entertains me; I watch this franchise to be entertained.  I don't really care what Carole's beef is with Bethenny, sorry, I just don't.  I am hanging on for the day of Lu's arrest.  I am banking my popcorn for that episode!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I am not a psychologist, nor do I play one on TV so I cannot say whether Bethenny is a narcissist. It seems everyone that we do not like is given that label. What I do know is that I am married to a very kind and level-headed man who needs things to be exact in an argument so he can have the illusion of being in control. He, like Bethenny will pick apart things in an argument like when something happened exactly and ignore the real problem. It makes me crazy! I end up yelling at him like a lunatic because the point of the argument has been lost because I misspoke about some detail. He then gets to walk away with a smug look on his face that implies he won the argument. It really is maddening because nothing gets solved. 

The jury is still out on the level of Bethenny's narcissism. Most of us can agree that she is intense and it is exhausting. She is constantly scanning for people to call out. While she is good with quips, she is terrible at empathy. Lord knows that she doesn't let anything go. It would be fun initially to be her friend but a friendship with B would be hard to sustain. 

Why is Bethenny and Carole fighting? Carole gave money to BStrong and it really doesn't matter how much when every cent counts. Who cares who calls Page Six. It could be a producer. Adam didn't or couldn't go to Puerto Rico and that doesn't matter either because he isn't some celebrity that would bring attention to the cause. 

No one likes to be called Honey or some endearing term in an argument. 

Sonja is simplifying her life so she gives away her dog. Ugh. 

Loved your post.  Concerning Bethenny's marriage, a lot of people sided with her, claiming Jason was a horror.  No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her?   I absolutely know my husband couldn't live with her for five minutes.  I'm surprised they lasted the two years.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, kicksave said:

Bethenny is about as condescending and fake as they get. I find her repulsive and offensive. She's a bully and a horrible friend. Even her good deeds, like the relief aid for Puerto Rico, had strings attached...Carole was supposed to call her and tell her what a great thing she was doing...it wasn't enough to donate a generous amount to the cause. And not only that Carole's estranged boyfriend should drop everything, including a paying job, to run to Houston and do work for Bethenny for nothing. That's great for people who can afford to do that and don't have to worry about paying a New York City apartment rent, etc...Adam is not independently wealthy.  Bethenny was caught off guard last night by Carole's strong counter attack. Carole held her own and revealed Bethenny to be the bully and nasty person that she is. All the hurricane relief projects in the world cannot cover up her ugliness. Carole was a good friend to her...she defended her constantly and was there for her when she was going through her contentious divorce and illness. Carole's problem is that she didn't see that everything with Bethenny is transactional...even friendships. I would like to see her leave the show but she is very tight with Andy Cohen and the Bravo suits. I don't see that happening. The only reason Bethenny came back was to promote her crappy Skinny Girl line. She isn't friends with any of these women and is not interested in spending any time off camera with them...it's a business thing and that's it. 

She is exceedingly condescending and switches back and forth - - condescending to compassionate to condescending - - in a matter of seconds. In PR, when they were going from house to house, it was getting dark out, and Dorinda made the mistake of asking an innocent, concerned question. Something like, “What do they do when it rains?” Beth clearly thought it was a stupid question, and snapped, “What do y- - They suck it up!” Her tone of voice was so nasty. This is how she treats someone who is doing what she wants. Imagine her attitude toward someone who defies her, such as Adam, and, by association, Carole. 

ETA: Oops. I rewatched. Beth does not snap at Dorinda to the extent that I originally thought. But I stand by my belief that Beth can be very condescending. As @Keywestclubkid pointed out, there was no reason to refer to Ramona as “the moron with the snow globes” before she had even interacted with her. She really does give the impression that she can barely tolerate 95% of the people in her world. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She should have added no smoking in the house. 

I believe that Dorinda herself smokes.

2 minutes ago, albarino said:

Bethenny entertains me; I watch this franchise to be entertained.  I don't really care what Carole's beef is with Bethenny, sorry, I just don't.  I am hanging on for the day of Lu's arrest.  I am banking my popcorn for that episode!

Well, I found it entertaining to watch Carole handle Bethenny like a Boss, it's about time someone put her in her place as she is no better than any of the others. LOL

• Love 23
1 hour ago, missyb said:

Heather came the closest. She did call Betheny out and held her own. 

She did, but I got the impression she wasn't interested in fighting with Bethenny and wanted to 'fix' the problem instead (the problem being Bethenny just decided to take and instant dislike to Heather because she felt threatened.) Heather never really went in on Bethenny, like she did with Aviva. I would have loved to have seen it happen though.

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth is subjecting the other HWs, the crew, and the audience to this most likely only because the staff member who was present when she held up the sweater didn’t immediately laugh and say, “Oh, that’s so funny!”

That may have been her original inspiration, but she relishes any opportunity to put others (especially women) down.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m surprised that Dorinda allowed them (Carole and LuAnn) to actually smoke their cigarettes inside of her home. 

Person A’s sperm is allergic to person B’s sperm...uh, Slutja, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that.

I think Bethenny felt entitled to some of Adams time. It’s been said that she and Dennis took Adam and Carole on some 5 Star vacations. Bethenny probably thought sure, he can get time off to travel on my dime but not to help me out during a crisis. That thought led to her having a chip on her shoulder. 

I cannot forgive Slutja giving away her pets. Mine are my family. 

OMG ... "Slutja".   Good one, can't stop laughing.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Say what you will about Dorinda - I think it's great that she is willing to use all of her contacts to assist a friend.  Especially when it comes to getting someone's child a Christmas gift.  I do have to wonder though - was it really Bryn that wanted the lifesize nutcracker, or was it Bethenny?  I'm thinking more Bethenny, because that FAO Schwarz nutcracker will have some value now, and will probably increase in re-sale value.  (Personally, I can't imagine that Bryn would want a lifetime friggin' nutcracker - imo, even the small ones are creepy looking!!)

Agree to disagree on this one....I love Nutcrackers - I find them to be so Christmasy.  I totally could see a kid want a life sized one.  In a heartbeat.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

How sad that Dorinda has to tell 50+ year olds that it's not ok to help themselves to her wardrobe and tear up her house.

I was thinking the same thing! I learned that when I was five. 

• Love 5

Concerning Bethenny's marriage, a lot of people sided with her, claiming Jason was a horror.  No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her?   I absolutely know my husband couldn't live with her for five minutes.  I'm surprised they lasted the two years.

Great point.  Could you imagine being married to any of these women?  They make great TV because they all would be exhausting in real life.  Well, perhaps Carole could be excluded...Isn't she a stoner?   Can't remember.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She should have added no smoking in the house. 

Carole smoked up her house pretty good a season or 2 ago when she lit doorstops in a non-working fireplace while bragging about how good she was at starting fires.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I agree with you on this - I'm very fatigued on this whole storyline. I can only hope the situation with Luanne (FL/arrest/rehab) and the group trip re-direct the energy and focus.

Where is the group trip?  Was Lu able to go?

10 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was impressed by Carole not letting Bethany steamroller her. She held her own. Bethany was definitely frazzled....." i know you want to act 45 , Carole"   wtf??

I wasn't paying close attention last night; I guess I need to go back and re-watch.  Was the referencing to "act[ing] 45," an age reference or a Trump reference?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth is so manic, after entering Dorinda’s house. 

She seems that way much of the time. I'm not sure if it's just her personality or she's on Adderall or something similar. I get tired just watching her. 

• Love 10
Just now, MMLEsq said:

I wasn't paying close attention last night; I guess I need to go back and re-watch.  Was the referencing to "act[ing] 45," an age reference or a Trump reference?

I thought it was to make the dig even diggier. Insult Carole by not only implying she was old, but using a number that stings.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Where is the group trip?  Was Lu able to go?

I think the initial trip was postpone/canceled but they all went to the country Colombia, including Luann

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Did I hear Bethenny allude to Dorinda having "connections" at FAO S?  I'm thinking she did, because if not, I find it hard to believe that BF couldn't get that handled on her own, without need for intervention.  This felt like an unnecessary bit of fluff.

I was actually mortified for myself.  

It was appalling. I fast-forwarded through the rest of it. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

Oh damn, I didn't think of like that lol. Either way an insult. I think i read on here Carole is in her 50's, what a shit thing to say , is Bethany saying she's way older than she is?

If it's in reference to Trump, very insulting lol.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, albarino said:

Great point.  Could you imagine being married to any of these women?  They make great TV because they all would be exhausting in real life.  Well, perhaps Carole could be excluded...Isn't she a stoner?   Can't remember.

Oh my....Carole would be the most exhausting to me, with her passive/aggressiveness, and her "coffee" .  I prefer B or Jill Zarin, you always know where you stand with people like us.  (see what I did there?  LOL)  

6 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

It was appalling. I fast-forwarded through the rest of it. 

I don't understand what was appalling about it?  What are contacts for if you can 't use them or share them with friends?  Its the way my world turns.  "You got a guy for ........  ".  "Yeah, I got a guy, what do you need?"

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't understand what was appalling about it?  What are contacts for if you can 't use them or share them with friends?  Its the way my world turns.  "You got a guy for ........  ".  "Yeah, I got a guy, what do you need?"

I think that referred to Sonja’s scene.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I cannot forgive Slutja giving away her pets. Mine are my family. 

Yeah, I could give up my dog if my circumstances changed and only then if I thought it was truly in her best interests.  Hell, I feel guilty typing out that hypothetical scenario, Alli I'll never leave you!, now I feel better.

But if I was interviewed on camera about it I would probably be an embarrassing mess discussing it, what I would not look like is someone who looks like they are talking about disposing of their favorite napkin, Sonja! 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t like Carole but I loved when she snapped at Ramona for pretending not to know Heather’s name less than a minute after she said she didn’t like Heather’s Berkshires house.

Same here. Ramona is ridiculous. She did not forget Heather's name!!! 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her

You have to wonder what Dennis see's in her. It's not her money, he has plenty of his own. Yet after breaking up a couple of times, he keeps going back to her. He must have a serious character flaw. The way she was ordering him around at Ramona's dinner party might be an indication. Maybe he likes to be the submissive one in the relationship. If that's the case, B met the perfect man for her. That's the one (and only, ever) thing I will say in Jason's favor. He would not put up with her dominerring nature, which led to many arguments. We saw that on their show. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Agree to disagree on this one....I love Nutcrackers - I find them to be so Christmasy.  I totally could see a kid want a life sized one.  In a heartbeat.  

I would actually prefer a life sized wooden soldier, but then, I get freaked out, remembering the old Laurel & Hardy movie "March of the Wooden Soldiers"....I guess any type of life sized "doll" kind of freaks me out. 

I know I'm the opposite of most - so many people like/collect/display nutcrackers at the holidays.  :-)

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

She is exceedingly condescending and switches back and forth - - condescending to compassionate to condescending - - in a matter of seconds. In PR, when they were going from house to house, it was getting dark out, and Dorinda made the mistake of asking an innocent, concerned question. Something like, “What do they do when it rains?” Beth clearly thought it was a stupid question, and snapped, “What do y- - They suck it up!” Her tone of voice was so nasty. This is how she treats someone who is doing what she wants. Imagine her attitude toward someone who defies her, such as Adam, and, by association, Carole. 

I used to give Bethenny some slack since she grew up in a love deprived dysfunctional home...she clearly has a lot of baggage from being raised without her father in her life for the most part and living with her mother who was an alcoholic I believe and had an eating disorder. She and her mom have no relationship and her Dad passed away a few years ago....she wasn’t close with him either. She has no siblings that I’m aware of. But now, I just find her abrasive, coarse and mean spirited.  People can rise above their bad upbringings and be decent human beings to those they work with and have relationships with. You would think with all the therapy she has had she would tried to change some of her behaviors. She can be the wealthiest woman in New York financially but she is by far one of the poorest when it comes to self awareness and kindness to those closest to her...which are becoming fewer and fewer.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Bethenny will probably get a spin-off designed around her Skinny Girl brand. 

And there you have it....the other HW's are jealous! We saw the same thing happen last time Bethenny got a spin off.  They all went after Bethenny hard!

Why is Carole NOW claiming "Bethenny wanted Adam to take pictures of HER not the hurricane" The reason before was Adam couldn't take time off of work....and  I'll bet anything he moved his two day schedule around when Bethenny took him on those free luxury trips.

I think Bethenny was holding back at the dinner table.....she held her tongue about something. I really want to know what she is holding back!

"Does the truth freak you out?"  I want to know what is the f-ing truth!!!!!!  It can't be that Bethenny called Adam....and if it is....Carole is junior high cray cray!!!!!!! 

It's not about the PASTA !

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I dont know how y'all figured that Carole owned B in the argument..  1st, as much as she claims that B wouldn't let her talk, Carole's the one that kept talking over.  2nd, when B corrected her on her assumptions i. e ., that she called Adam yet B said she didn't call Adam, then Carol said well emailed him or whatever, then Bethany said she didn't email him, Carol just kept waving off B's refutations.  With Carol flapping her gums so much, we couldn't hear how B actually communicated with Adam cause Carole wouldn't let her speak.  And Carol was telling Bethany to stop whining which I thought was a hoot. Because one thing Bethany doesn't do is whine, that's Carol jurisdiction.  As someone above pointed out, Carol was spouting out a lot of words but not a lot of content..  I lost track of what Carol main beef with B was with all of the words she was saying. Heck I think Carol forgot what point she was trying to make.   I must say though that I was surprised to see her get this explosive with B.  If she was a real friend, she would have had the discussion in private. I think Bethany was taken aback only because Carol has never acted like this with her in front of everybody.

I didn't think Carole owned her either. I didn't take any glee from their conversation. I saw two flustered and hurt friends. I don't think they expected to have this talk in front of others. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I had the same feeling like how ironic it was with the scripted murder mystery and then the scripted Bethenny/Carol feud.  The fact that Page Six was told about it beforehand is a give-a-way.  They both need better story lines so what better than a feud?

Exactly!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.   Neither one of them is an actress and it showed.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, AnnA said:

No one will ever convince me that the back and forth between Bethenny and Carole was real.    It was totally staged and probably scripted as well.  

ETA:   I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I can't help believing it.   It was so fake.

I think they cooked this up because Carole needs a storyline, Bethany is so much meaner when she fights with the other women

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I would actually prefer a life sized wooden soldier, but then, I get freaked out, remembering the old Laurel & Hardy movie "March of the Wooden Soldiers"....I guess any type of life sized "doll" kind of freaks me out. 

I know I'm the opposite of most - so many people like/collect/display nutcrackers at the holidays.  :-)

OK - now I'm going to think of "March of the Wooden Soldiers" at Christmas.  Thanks for that.  :))))))

• Love 1
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

"I am pissed at you right now and I want to know why."  If you are the one who is pissed shouldn't you know why you are pissed not the person you are pissed at explaining why you are pissed?  No one should ever take Dorinda seriously.

You're right.  

Carole screwed up her lines.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't think so.....I quote about 4-5 responses up.  :)

The quote you quoted was about the conversation Sonja had with her esthetician was about having sex with 2 different men in a 24 hour time frame.

12 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Exactly!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.   Neither one of them is an actress and it showed.

If that's the case, that they "faked" this fight, then they both deserve to be fired. This is exactly why Jill was fired, for fake fighting with Bethenny. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

"Someone on my relief team..."

There she goes again.

I seriously doubt anyone would've thought to contact Adam. Bethenny can claim plausible deniability all she wants, but it had to have been at her directive. No honey, he doesn't *owe* it to you to go to Houston, PR or even across the street just because you and Dennis picked up the tab for a vacation. Because if that's how she thinks, then whatever trip she paid for was a loan, not a gift. Big difference. I do things for people all the time without any expectation of the favor being returned. Beth should try it sometime. 

She already had the Bravo crew documenting her trip to PR, so I don't understand why she got her undies in such a bunch over Adam not being able to go as well. And btw, I volunteer in animal rescue as well as with the homeless, but I don't feel the need to immortalize everything I do for them. I do understand celebrities using their star power to generate donations, etc, but Beth managed to make herself the star of that trip instead of the focus being on the people who needed the help.  Yes, she actually went there when others simply write a check, but if she was truly being magnanimous she wouldn't have felt the need to film it. So while I admire what she did, she loses points because of shining the spotlight on herself.   

For all the talk about Erika from RHoBH surrounding herself with people she has to pay, Bethenny is moreorless doing the same thing. Except Erika's entourage seem to like her, while Beth's always seem to be looking for an escape route.  

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, stacyasp said:

I think they cooked this up because Carole needs a storyline, Bethany is so much meaner when she fights with the other women

You're right!   Carole needed a storyline.

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If that's the case, that they "faked" this fight, then they both deserve to be fired. This is exactly why Jill was fired, for fake fighting with Bethenny. 

Jill did it without permission.    Andy loves Bethenny and Carole so production was in on it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I want it all!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right!   Carole needed a storyline.

Jill did it without permission.    Andy loves Bethenny and Carole so production was in on it.

No, he fired her for "faking a fight", they are not allowed to fake fights/disagreements. This is not a scripted show. I get that you like Bethenny but she has been a real bitch to Carole and she did so all on her own, no script was needed. 

• Love 20
17 hours ago, missy jo said:

I can't believe Sonja gave her pets away. That's foul. 

I'm Team Carole because I can't stand Bethenny and I'm the only one who still likes Carole, lol. But everyone in their THs seemed to think that Carole was in the right and Bethenny was getting owned. 

That was the 1st thought that popped into my mind because I feel its a huge and important commitment that you see through to the end.  BUT my second thought was well, maybe they can drink non-brown water, get lovies, get fed on the regular, and have a much better life.  I think it was a win for them if she didn't take them to the shelter (which is also a possibility).

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, he fired her for "faking a fight", they are not allowed to fake fights/disagreements. This is not a scripted show. I get that you like Bethenny but she has been a real bitch to Carole and she did so all on her own, no script was needed. 

I don't think Bethenny was a real bitch to Carole.    I think Carole was looking for a fight.

You may not believe this is a scripted show but I believe that sometimes it is.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, albarino said:

Concerning Bethenny's marriage, a lot of people sided with her, claiming Jason was a horror.  No one knows the real story, but can you imagine a man living with her?   I absolutely know my husband couldn't live with her for five minutes.  I'm surprised they lasted the two years.

I've always wondered what his side of the story was.  I'm not saying he's a saint, but I have a hard time believing that he is was bad as she says he was.  She was "tortured" don't 'cha know. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

You have to wonder what Dennis see's in her. It's not her money, he has plenty of his own. Yet after breaking up a couple of times, he keeps going back to her. He must have a serious character flaw. The way she was ordering him around at Ramona's dinner party might be an indication. Maybe he likes to be the submissive one in the relationship. If that's the case, B met the perfect man for her. That's the one (and only, ever) thing I will say in Jason's favor. He would not put up with her dominerring nature, which led to many arguments. We saw that on their show. 

All I remember was when they first married, there was a constant flow of helpers in her very small apartment.  On their honeymoon she was saying "I love you" every 3 minutes.  Yeah!  She loved him my ass.  What guy would take her shit?  I wonder if he would ever tell the real story. I imagine not, as Bryn would find out sooner or later.  It would be the greatest story ever tho, damn.

• Love 7