Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Just off the top of my head she has hosted the election party, the St. Johns trip ("hosted", I know), a ping pong tournament, the party when she ran for president of her building board, a baby shower for a friend of hers, a dinner party for (I believe) Heather, Jon, Kristen, and Josh, and the Widow's Guide release party.

Her events may not be as big as other Howife events, but she does host things.

Oops!  I must have been "out to lunch" in my mind, LOL.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Thank you! I’m not even on Bethany’s side about this because I do think she was being pretty insufferable all evening (and I like Bethany), but Carole’s point was what? I really didn’t understand that at all. Is everyone supposed to run all Adam communicate through Carole? And Carole didn’t seem ready to jump the gun on the fight until Dorinda and Ramona said that Bethany might have said something about Adam. She really can’t handle any criticism of Adam.

Her desperation is showing, she giggles about their young and hip no strings coffee sex then suddenly he's Satan because he likes someone else.  LOL

• Love 11
(edited)

Sonja just has to stop with the sex talk.  She's not funny anymore .. frankly disgusting.  I'm sure Andy just loves it btw.  She continues to make an ass out of herself.  She must be the joke of N.Y. CIty.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Her desperation is showing, she giggles about their young and hip no strings coffee sex then suddenly he's Satan because he likes someone else.  LOL

I believe her issue was him telling her all along he didn't want to date anyone else and then doing exactly that.

• Love 4
Just now, esco1822 said:

I believe her issue was him telling her all along he didn't want to date anyone else and then doing exactly that.

Oh please.  She's an idiot for believing that.  Her self-titled coffee sex does not a commitment make.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I do think Carole should have called Bethenny when she started to hear things Bethenny said about her/Adam but that goes both ways, Bethenny should have called Carole to make sure things weren't awkward between them after Adam turned her down, IMO, it did start there with Bethenny.  Carole really didn't know Bethenny was upset at her until that last get together before the Berkshires and then it was to late after they all got to Dorinda's house, Bethenny's walls were up and Carole was hurt/fired up. 

In fairness, I don't think Carole was hearing things around town. I think all of the things she was hearing was from the other women aka Ramona and Dorinda. I mean, if there were other comments that she was hearing, especially outside of the group, I don't understand why she would have been so quick to downplay Ramona telling her that Bethenny called her a puppet. If anything, I think that would have been the moment that Carole fully clued in. The fact that she didn't and it took the conversation with Dorinda (though Dorinda did a horrible job explaining her conversation with Bethenny), for Carole to think that maybe there is some truth to Bethenny talking behind her back. All that to say, I don't think Carole was sitting on this information for a while. She did address the situation with Bethenny after the Ramona thing but she didn't take it seriously so she made it a joke. The second time around it wasn't a joke anymore for her.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 11

Well not to change the subject but...

As we were watching Ramona playing with the snow globes all I could think of would be the fingerprints and smears all over them. Poor Len. She’ll be cleaning all of them with glass cleaner as soon as they leave. What did Ramona think? That she was playing the bells? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Yeah, that's what they all say, until the RIGHT one comes along.  Then it's bye, bye.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

But it doesn't seem like he was dating behind her back or actively looking to date people so I don't necessarily think he was lying to her. It's very possible that he met someone and felt some kind of initial attraction to them and after hanging out with them he decided that he was interested. I don't think it's fair for Carole to hold that against him because their situation was never a smart one to begin with - especially if she was the one that broached the conversation about breaking up in the first place. He obviously cares for Carole and I don't think the opportunity to continue to spend time with her was simply a matter of convenience but actual interest on both their parts to be a part of each other's lives. He seems to genuinely root for her success and that's great, but you can't want to keep that in your life and expect him to live in a bubble when you've decided that you don't want to live in that bubble with him full time. Carole will get over it and maybe they'll find their friendship back.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

As we were watching Ramona playing with the snow globes all I could think of would be the fingerprints and smears all over them

I was anxious thinking that she was about to drop one of Dorinda's prized snow globes!  Yikes!  After the room disaster of last Christmas, we didn't need Ramona to wreak havoc once again. 

• Love 8

Laurie Metcalf watches RHoNYC (and RHoBH). She and Jessica Walter delivered Sonja Morgan lines. 

(Jessica Walter was in the reboot of “90210” with Meghan Markle. The credits list MM as “girl giving oral,” according to Andy Cohen.)

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Sonja just has to stop with the sex talk.  She's not funny anymore .. frankly disgusting.  I'm sure Andy just loves it btw.  She continues to make an ass out of herself.  She must be the joke of N.Y. CIty.

And well beyond NYC, thanks to the bewb tewb.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

As we were watching Ramona playing with the snow globes all I could think of would be the fingerprints and smears all over them. Poor Len. She’ll be cleaning all of them with glass cleaner as soon as they leave. What did Ramona think? That she was playing the bells? 

In all fairness to Ramona I believe she was handling them at the base and not touching the actual globe itself.  (At least that's what I remember)  And I have the same habitat of when I see snow globes to immediately pick each one up and create a snow storm. 

43 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But I stand by my belief that Beth can be very condescending. As @Keywestclubkid pointed out, there was no reason to refer to Ramona as “the moron with the snow globes” before she had even interacted with her. She really does give the impression that she can barely tolerate 95% of the people in her world. 

Bethenny is a bully plain and simple.  She does great charity work but when she gets the idea that she can walk all over somebody (the rest of the cast) I believe she attempts it just to see if she can.  Gah!  I never thought I would dislike someone who is so charitable...

• Love 13

Just to be fair, I should mention that Beth, if we ignore the Swarovski thong on her head, looked quite beautiful in the head to toe white with (I’m assuming and hoping was) faux white fur.

And I liked that she used as much Spanish as she could to speak to the residents in Puerto Rico. I would not be able to communicate as well as she did.

But I still think she’s a condescending, arrogant egomaniac.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Just to be fair, I should mention that Beth, if we ignore the Swarovski thong on her head, looked quite beautiful in the head to toe white with (I’m assuming and hoping was) faux white fur.

And I liked that she used as much Spanish as she could to speak to the residents in Puerto Rico. I would not be able to communicate as well as she did.

But I still think she’s a condescending, arrogant egomaniac.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/5-types-people-who-can-ruin-your-life/201803/how-spot-sociopath-in-3-steps

This is Bethany to a tee just from watching her on this show yes she can do nice things but there is always that undercurrent of whats really going on and the need to CONTROL everything

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why is Bethany getting a pass for being a Horrible person? Yes Carol and Tinsley may have a lot of free time they may not have a "career" like she does. However Bethany was/is using that has a insult and put down. They arnt like me I'm "Important" (she has a huge self inflated worth) at every turn she uses insults masked has "telling the truth" to undermine everyone she feels is beneath her(which is 99.9% of the population unless you are a Billionaire thats Billion with a B and can do something for her Case in point her attacking Richard at that "dinner" after Dorinda was sent home...who attacks a dead mans character or job in life  just to get in a jab at his wife esp when she didn't know him) She doesn't support woman when it has nothing in it for her (she keeps tabs in her mind of everything she has done for you and then throws it in your face the moment you dont fall in line when she snaps her fingers) Ramona is correct in that assertion of her personality. She is Flippant and dismissive of anyone else's feelings but her own. Again I have to point out how Horrendous and super negative she was from the beginning to end towards EVERYONE at Dorinda's starting the moment she walked in (including her talking heads)

Still doesn't make it ok that Carole is choosing to share information Bethenny told her in confidence between just the two of them - info that has nothing to do with their arguement. I haven't seen Bethenny sharing things Carole told her in confidence. Yes. Bethenny was her usual manic self when she arrived at Dorinda's. What does her comments about Richard have to do with it being ok that Carole is spilling private tea exactly? Carole decided to be friends with Bethenny, and knows what BF is like,  joined in some of BF's nasty behavior, and relished in Bethenny's treatment of Luanne in the past but now suddenly Carole gets a pass and can spill private conversations? It is possible for Bethenny to be unlikeable and for Carole to be in the wrong for sharing such info - at the same time.

• Love 9

That was a great episode.  NY is lightyears above any other franchise.  I've always been a Beth defender but she disappointed me tonight (except with the fritters.  That was hilarious. And "same bitches, different era.)   Carole wiped the floor with her in their argument and Beth was really transparent in her gaslighting attempts.  Good on Carole for not falling for any of it.  I haven't been feeling Carole at all this season but she definitely came out of that argument the winner.   I admire her unwillingness to be intimidated or manipulated by Beth.  

As a Beth fan, I came away from this episode very disappointed in her.  :( 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Still doesn't make it ok that Carole is choosing to share information Bethenny told her in confidence between just the two of them - info that has nothing to do with their arguement. I haven't seen Bethenny sharing things Carole told her in confidence. Yes. Bethenny was her usual manic self when she arrived at Dorinda's. What does her comments about Richard have to do with it being ok that Carole is spilling private tea exactly? Carole decided to be friends with Bethenny, and knows what BF is like,  joined in some of BF's nasty behavior, and relished in Bethenny's treatment of Luanne in the past but now suddenly Carole gets a pass and can spill private conversations? It is possible for Bethenny to be unlikeable and for Carole to be in the wrong for sharing such info - at the same time.

What pass is Carol getting? she is being dragged and somehow made out to be the person who is masterminding Bethany's behavior and actions toward her to have a story line when up until this episode she hasn't said one unkind word about Bethany not even in her talking head... However Bethany is getting the well thats just how Beth is pass when she has done nothing but try to drag Carol from the start of this season and yes Bethany should stand behind her self when she says she never says anything behind your back, shes a sharp shooter, she tells it like it is, she will say it to your face ANYTHING she says about you.... so what confidence is Carol breaking there? Beth talked shit and now according to her own rules should own what she said not how dare you I told you that in private. Just like Sonja and her crazy living in her fantasy world Bethany needs to be called out on being a bully, talking down to everyone, and just acting like all these woman are below her....If she is really so important and above the other woman why is she on this show? I mean the way she talks about her own Importance and how none of the other woman are like her and acts like its such a burden on her to have to interact with these "plebs" who arnt really her friends you would think she wouldn't need this show.  oh wait how else is she going to pimp her Skinny Girl Brand? So at the end of the day she is just like the rest of these women she needs the show just like they do.

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I’m only speculating, but I would not be surprised to learn next week that Carole is only spilling confidential tea (You said that LuAnn is a loser) because Beth had just asked Carole, “Suddenly Ramona’s your best friend? Eight months ago you were telling me that you hate spending time with Ramona, because X, Y, and Z.”

ETA: not that two wrongs make a right.

E again TA: Or maybe Beth said something like, “Even LuAnn thinks Tinsley was acting like an ungrateful bitch while she was staying at Sonja's.” So in defending Tinsley, Carole wanted to point out that Beth hypocritically will invoke the opinion of ANYone, even someone she said was “a loser” just a few months earlier.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, ancslove said:

I was rather on Bethenny's side, until the actual confrontation.  I didn't get Carole being so outraged that Bethenny was talking about Adam behind *Carole's* back.  Like she's conflating herself and Adam.  She's weirdly possessive of Adam, even when she's outright downplaying their relationship/openly wanting to take a step back.  (I mean, Bethenny was there for the whole kicking Adam out last year.)  But Carole was on point during the dinner argument, and Bethenny floundered.

Now, Dorinda forcing that confrontation in front of the entire group - I hope she gets roasted during the reunion for all the shit-stirring she's been doing all season.  That was a Ramona-level move.  Tinsley seemed both very bored and deeply uncomfortable the entire time, maybe she'll call Dorinda out.

That's the weird thing about Dorinda.  She's always openly stirring the pot and no one seems the least bit annoyed by it.  It's quite strange. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I believe it was Carole telling Adam he didn't want to date anyone else.  Carole seems to be Miss Bossypants when  it comes to Adam.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I think that sometimes these stories begin and end right here, lol.  I've seen this "Bethenny paid for expensive trips for Carol and Adam" narrative several times here, but I haven't seen any of the receipts.  I know we're not supposed to ask for them, so I haven't.

15 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

How do we even know Bethenny paid for any vacations Carole has taken? 

14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole mentioned it and thanked Bethenny for the two vacations and Bethenny corrected her it was three.

• Love 1

Hmm so the one conversation Beth wasn’t able to own (aka: wasn’t able to shut the other person up by screeching and manic chatter) is the fake/scripted one. Hmmm ok. 

Also, if true, it would totally contradict Beth's proclamations that she's oh so REAL.

Even Dorinda called him "Horrifying"  

Stabbing a table and slicing your hand during a blackout is horrifying. Being unable to do Beth's bidding, not so much.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I had to mute the TV during Sonja's facial with all the sex talk. I really don't understand why Sonja feels the need to brag about all the men she has had sex with. Why is that such a point of pride to her? In a city the size of NY, it can't be all that difficult to find a number of men who are willing to have no-strings-attached sex with her. It's not because she's all that. Some men just aren't too picky. Also, there are probably some that had the mistaken belief that Sonja has a lot of money (because she pretended to them that she did). 

• Love 12

I love Christmas, but Dorinda's decorating was overkill. However, I loved Ramona's wide-eyed delight, and giggles over the snow globes. 

Sonja getting a facial on her dirty bed was kind of ironic. No?  ;-)

I'm over her. She needs to stop blathering on about her sex life. And anyone who surrendering a pet just because they don't fit into their life anymore is a twit. Pets are like family. You don't give up on them. But poor Sonja was SO busy ordering her unpaid slaves interns around. Her life was too much! Anyway, I hope the dog and cat did go to someone better, someone who will love and nurture them. 

I love a themed murder mystery party. Too bad this one was kind of lame. The young men were pretty horrible at acting. I thought Bethenny, minus the head thong looked lovely. The white lace dress was stunning. 

I also liked Carole's look. She really got into character with the long cigarette holder. I'm not a smoker, but always found those only-timey cigarette holder's to be elegant looking. 

Carole finally stood up to Bitchenny, and she did it well. She did it without yelling or losing her train of thought. Bethenny pulled out every trick in the book to rattle her, but Carole held her own. It'll be interesting what transpires next week. 

• Love 14
On 5/24/2018 at 7:42 AM, biakbiak said:

It clearly wasn’t a friend to friend request.

And you just know Bethenny said to Dorinda *I* reached out to Adam..... lost at sea, doesn't have parents,  homeless . 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, weaver said:

Did anyone notice Bethenny's young interns helping her pack for a weekend?   And the "are you Jewish," in her usual shriek was offensive.  Yeah, among friends its not offensive but these are her minions not her friends.  And wouldn't she know if her employee was Jewish ?   

Godparent material.  

On 5/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, esco1822 said:

It's almost like Bethenny is testing Carole's boundaries like a teenager. She's being aggressive and combative and seeing how far she can push Carole before she walks away. It's kind of sad.  

Agree. This is it ALL of it. Childhood baggage.  When Kelly Bensimon said she was sick of B's antics, this is it. All childhood stuff.  

• Love 13
On 5/23/2018 at 11:03 PM, WireWrap said:

Bethenny hasn't face someone her equal in a fight before, she did with Carole tonight and it shocked Bethenny into silence. Bethenny didn't "let" anything happen, she tried to shut Carole down in the same way she has everyone else that calls her out but Carole was ready for her.

Beth has no skills period. She just rapid fires at people and half the time she's talking non sense and hurling insults. Don't need to be too clever to do that. It's just that she talks a mile a minute and she happens to fall into a few zingers. Even the one's she is famous for weren't really all that witty or even applied to the situation at hand. The Lu is a snake one didn't particularly impress me. Beth just went in and since it was delivered so strongly it became this OMG Beth is savage moment. <eyeroll> It would have made more sense if Beth address what really bothered her about Lu which is she's arrogant and dismissive. That's not being a snake that's just being an annoying person. Lu's not conniving, she's actually the opposite she's point blank blunt with her deliveries. LOL! But yeah, the only reason Beth controls an argument is because she interrupts, talks over and derails a conversation so the person she's arguing with gets thrown off and don't even what their own point was supposed to be.  I would eat Beth for breakfast cause I'm the type to stay calm and focused and stick to the point and I'm really good at catching all efforts to derail my thought process. I call people out calmly and stay on track. I'll say something like "that's all well and good but that's not relevant to what I'm getting at, let's stick to the topic right now." and then move on.

Carole did a good job catching Beth's whole "I didn't call him, I didn't email him" but Carole still let herself get pulled a little towards Beth's rabbit hole. I like the whole WTF moment Carole had and when she said "so what was it smoke signals?" but then Carole did what Beth wanted and started discussing how Beth was parsing words and spent too much time describing how Beth was deflecting which took her away from making her point about her conversation with Adam. I know the conversation isn't over yet so Carole might still get back to it hopefully but when you starting shifting into making other points, no matter how relevant, you make the discussing messy and therefore things get left out or not addressed. 

I'm saying all this as a serious NONFAN of Carole's.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

And there you have it....the other HW's are jealous! We saw the same thing happen last time Bethenny got a spin off.  They all went after Bethenny hard!

Why is Carole NOW claiming "Bethenny wanted Adam to take pictures of HER not the hurricane" The reason before was Adam couldn't take time off of work....and  I'll bet anything he moved his two day schedule around when Bethenny took him on those free luxury trips.

I think Bethenny was holding back at the dinner table.....she held her tongue about something. I really want to know what she is holding back!

"Does the truth freak you out?"  I want to know what is the f-ing truth!!!!!!  It can't be that Bethenny called Adam....and if it is....Carole is junior high cray cray!!!!!!! 

It's not about the PASTA !

I don't know if it is necessarily jealousy as opposed to resentment. I think they all knew when they started filming that Bethenny was also filming or finished filming a spin off with Fredrick - more coins for Bethenny plus producer creds. I'm also pretty sure they all know she makes the most out of all of them on RHONY - that could cause a hell of a lot of resentment - we are all putting in the same hours, it's an ensemble cast, she went away for a few years and she makes more than we do?

I still believe something went down between Bethenny & Carole before they began filming and it has to do with Adam. Bethenny probably said something negative about Adam to Carole - maybe she noticed a change in the way he was treating Carole. Maybe it was when they "broke up" that Bethenny brought it up - and we know Bethenny has the worst delivery and wouldn't be gentle by any means. I think the current thing Carole is bringing up about Adam - was probably the final straw for Bethenny. Did you notice Carole said she heard it from Adam and a mutual acquaintance? So I'm believing Bethenny more than Carole. If Adam was Carole's boyfriend - she would have seen with her own eyes if it was an email or text message - and she would have seen the actual exchange of words. Carole didn't as she said she heard it from Adam and a mutual friend and she didn't say I saw it with my own eyes the email/text exchange Carole is a ride or die chick - meaning she is going to stand by Adam at all costs - it doesn't matter to her if she's the side chick, convenient pussy or place card pussy. She will take him any way she can keep him and she's going to make that 5 summer mark even if it bankrupts her.

From what I understand the Be Strong team contacted Adam about Houston for photographing. Had he not wanted to do it, he should have just said from the start I can't, end of story. To ask for compensation because he couldn't give up his day rate as Carole said in her blog - that would have me giving him the side eye too. I wonder if during her time with Adam on the show as her "boyfriend" if she paid him his day rate whenever they filmed scenes because ya'll - man bun has a "rent budget". I'm also beginning to think she only did the marathon because it was another way to keep Adam close. She hasn't mentioned running, exercising, fitness or training since. 

• Love 11
(edited)
21 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't think Bethenny was a real bitch to Carole.    I think Carole was looking for a fight.

You may not believe this is a scripted show but I believe that sometimes it is.

I don't think it's scripted but I do believe things are planned in advance. I think before each season begins each housewife presents things they want highlighted, filmed - and then production picks and chooses. They also have to get written permission from certain venues to film - such as restaurants and bars. They also need people to sign releases prior to filming - such as Luann going to buy the gift basket for Bethenny and the Ninja for Sonya.

I think both Carole and Dorinda need to make Bethenny look like the bad guy.

Dorinda said some pretty horrible things about John on the plane ride to PR. What I got from what she said is I'm still in love with my dead husband. John is convenient - I don't want to be alone.

Because Dorinda wants to keep John in her life and Carole wants Adam back in her life - they are both going to be on the show, showing their men how they have their backs. Dorinda is doing it through Carole and will encourage her to try to take B down, Dorinda is also still mad about the coke comments. Carole is also mad that B is getting along with Luann - I think she hates Luann even though they met for tea and this is why Carole is "friending" Ramona.

Is Adam dating Michaela Ruben? She's an organic chef. There are more pictures of her on his Instagram than Carole

https://www.instagram.com/adamkenworthy/?hl=en

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I had to mute the TV during Sonja's facial with all the sex talk. I really don't understand why Sonja feels the need to brag about all the men she has had sex with. Why is that such a point of pride to her? In a city the size of NY, it can't be all that difficult to find a number of men who are willing to have no-strings-attached sex with her. It's not because she's all that. Some men just aren't too picky. Also, there are probably some that had the mistaken belief that Sonja has a lot of money (because she pretended to them that she did). 

Amen.  Being a bit of a drunk floozy was kind of funny for a while.  Now I think Sonja, as she ages, uses her sexuality to make her feel better about her level of attractiveness.  If men want to fuck her still, she MUST still be attractive!  It's one thing to be flirty and sexually free and another thing to be just downright gross about it.  I do feel sorry for her daughter or family members.  How embarrassing.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Beth has no skills period. She just rapid fires at people and half the time she's talking non sense and hurling insults. Don't need to be too clever to do that. It's just that she talks a mile a minute and she happens to fall into a few zingers. Even the one's she is famous for weren't really all that witty or even applied to the situation at hand. The Lu is a snake one didn't particularly impress me. Beth just went in and since it was delivered so strongly it became this OMG Beth is savage moment. <eyeroll> It would have made more sense if Beth address what really bothered her about Lu which is she's arrogant and dismissive. That's not being a snake that's just being an annoying person. Lu's not conniving, she's actually the opposite she's point blank blunt with her deliveries. LOL! But yeah, the only reason Beth controls an argument is because she interrupts, talks over and derails a conversation so the person she's arguing with gets thrown off and don't even what their own point was supposed to be.  I would eat Beth for breakfast cause I'm the type to stay calm and focused and stick to the point and I'm really good at catching all efforts to derail my thought process. I call people out calmly and stay on track. I'll say something like "that's all well and good but that's not relevant to what I'm getting at, let's stick to the topic right now." and then move on.

Carole did a good job catching Beth's whole "I didn't call him, I didn't email him" but Carole still let herself get pulled a little towards Beth's rabbit hole. I like the whole WTF moment Carole had and when she said "so what was it smoke signals?" but then Carole did what Beth wanted and started discussing how Beth was parsing words and spent too much time describing how Beth was deflecting which took her away from making her point about her conversation with Adam. I know the conversation isn't over yet so Carole might still get back to it hopefully but when you starting shifting into making other points, no matter how relevant, you make the discussing messy and therefore things get left out or not addressed. 

I'm saying all this as a serious NONFAN of Carole's.

I agree that one huge advantage Beth has over many other people is that she talks really fast and seems to have filed away the offenses/flaws/missteps of or ways to insult other people for quick, easy access.

I would love for you to go toe to toe against Beth!  I would be cheering you on. 

One thing Beth said a long time ago, that I thought was funny, is something like, “Discountess.” But I think it was a TH, so she had time to think it up.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Carole doesn't pay for much. Has she ever hosted a party? Seems to just go to the parties and then laughs at the hosts behind their backs.  

I think on Carole's first season she hosted the trip when she was dating Russ? She also had a thing in her apartment where she served expired Trader Joe weenies. There was also the Election Party - but only Dorinda and Bethenny were there.

Once she had the Man Bun Barnacle, her Hosting Budget went into the toilet, and her Keep Sexy Salad Budget went through the roof.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think it's scripted but I do believe things are planned in advance. I think before each season begins each housewife presents things they want highlighted, filmed - and then production picks and chooses. They also have to get written permission from certain venues to film - such as restaurants and bars. They also need people to sign releases prior to filming - such as Luann going to buy the gift basket for Bethenny and the Ninja for Sonya.

I think both Carole and Dorinda need to make Bethenny look like the bad guy.

Dorinda said some pretty horrible things about John on the plane ride to PR. What I got from what she said is I'm still in love with my dead husband. John is convenient - I don't want to be alone.

Because Dorinda wants to keep John in her life and Carole wants Adam back in her life - they are both going to be on the show, showing their men how they have their backs. Dorinda is doing it through Carole and will encourage her to try to take B down, Dorinda is also still mad about the coke comments. Carole is also mad that B is getting along with Luann - I think she hates Luann even though they met for tea and this is why Carole is "friending" Ramona.

Is Adam dating Michaela Ruben? She's an organic chef. There are more pictures of her on his Instagram than Carole

https://www.instagram.com/adamkenworthy/?hl=en

I also think that it’s possible because John knew Richard, it’s comforting to have John in her life. When someone you loved deeply dies, it is comforting to be able to say to someone, “Remember that time Richard left the car keys in the freezer?” Or to be able to discuss how much you both miss him. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She was like a child. She wanted to try to get them all going at once. I was terrified she would break one. 

4 hours ago, lezlers said:

That's the weird thing about Dorinda.  She's always openly stirring the pot and no one seems the least bit annoyed by it.  It's quite strange. 

Maybe it's because she's so open about it? She doesn't try to mask it as concern or interest. Personally, I always kind of find it funny. And I think that's why. She's like, "Bitch, it's a reality show. I'mma show up and do my job!"

• Love 14
3 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I totally agree! In NYC it is really easy to find a man who will have sex with you, if you are halfway decent-looking. You have to make little to no effort.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the Carole and Beth thing isn't that elaborate. Carole knows they've been distant. Then she hears Dorinda's version of Beth's story which adds elements not due to the actual issue but due to the bad case of "telephone" that happens year after year. Now, during Beth's convo with Dorinda Beth does throw in a bit of condescension definitely for Adam which I thought was extra wrong and she also aims some of that Carole's way. I can't remember word for word but Beth gives off this "I don't know but.....and far be it for me to say so" vibe about Carole you know, being okay with someone who would GASP say no to charity. Basically questioning Carole's character. So Beth was throwing hella shade and for that alone I would expect that the friendship would need a conversation if Beth's in a place where she feels comfortable talking crap like that to a mutual acquaintance. 

Problem is, we see Carole reacting to Dorinda's account and I guess something about page six?? That threw me a bit but Imma leave that part alone. Not enough info. Anyway, what it boils down to is that Beth is being the asshole she has always been and now that something occurred involving Adam, something meaty Beth can sink her teeth into she's gonna run with it and if that means lumping Carole in with the spoils of Beth's true passion which is tearing someone down, then so be it cause you see Beth hasn't been feeling Carole anymore anyway so of course getting her digs in on Carole is par for the course for Beth. I think Beth's just corny when it comes to her friends and what's happening is Carole calling her on her shit. All Carole needs to know to justify this confrontation is that Beth took Adam's inability to participate in her charity and turned it into a smearing campaign. If I were Carole, I too would be mad at my "friend" for  A) Not keeping it to herself, why did it need to be broadcast anyway?? (Well because Beth is a mean person who likes to fuck with people, but I digress) B) Presenting the information as rude and mean as she did, which included her nasty interpretation of the situation.  and C) Taking the situation and somehow feeling a certain kinda way about me for whatever reason.

Carole's working with limited intel so the exchanges we see are gonna be screwy cause we already have a lot of information on both sides however at the time this stuff has been filmed Carole's isn't on the same timeline we are on. It get frustrating to watch it unfold and remember we can't base reactions of the HW on what WE'VE already seen and heard. It's easy to forget that they are going about their days and not privy to sooooooo much of the story like we are. This is probably gonna be painful for me this season. LOL!!  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Problem is, we see Carole reacting to Dorinda's account and I guess something about page six??

Carole killed a Page Six story last summer that there was trouble between her and Bethenny, only to find out there *was* trouble between her and Bethenny (via Bethenny diminishing Adam's reputation by referring to him in an unflattering & mercenary way. Which is particularly ugly of Frankel since Adam -- someone I am no fan of -- has been involved with non-profit work longer than Frankel herself, and did it when he was right out of college, not when he was 48 and rich as Croesus.  But that's Bethy the Bully -- she likes to strike at things people cherish about themselves and with Adam, that means sludging on his humanitarian impulses, and with Carole, sludging on her beloved morning cup of joe.) 

why did it need to be broadcast anyway?? 

Exactly -- why?

Whether Adam is Carole's boytoy, boyfriend or friend, Bethenny's public comments reveal a complete lack of concern for Carole's feelings: it doesn't take a moral genius to realize that nobody wants to hear someone they're fond of being publicly criticized. She knew it would hurt Carole, and did it anyway.  That's the initial reason for the rift (now compounded). It's a really shitty thing to do to someone who thought you were a genuine friend, not a "show friend" (and who's the operator now, Frankel? Isn't all your shit supposed to be 100 percent real juice,  pulp included?) 

That said -- jesus, Carole should've known Betheny would come for her, one day.  We've all seen it before, Carole included.  When Frankel is in the process of turning on someone, it's the same MO, regardless of the person: first criticize them behind their back;  when confronted about the comments, argue and snipe and throw unimportant details to derail the discussion;  accuse the person she's demeaning of being emotionally unstable/weird/childish/incapable of rational discussion;  hurl outright insults;  retreat into victimhood, because all poor Bethenny did was speak the truth and WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH (because she's on the wall, people, she's guarding the wall while the rest of throw words like "dishonourable" and "asshole" and "vicious narc" around). Same shit, different target.

You're the new Jules, Carole -- how does it feel?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24

Eh, not crying any tears for poor Adam. He knows who he is dating and what show they're on. He's fair game, especially if he's accepting treats from Bethenny. 

I certainly don't see any difference between him and any of the other boyfriends/husbands/exhusbands in having something awkward revealed on the show.

Boo hoo, Bethenny Frankel said he wouldn't do her charity work. I know I don't think less of him. The worst thing said? He couldn't afford to do it for free. Been there, done that, don't think he's a bad person for not being able to give his time. Most reasonable people arent going to judge him.

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, film noire said:

Carole killed a Page Six story last summer that there was trouble between her and Bethenny, only to find out there *was* trouble between her and Bethenny (via Bethenny diminishing Adam's reputation by referring to him in an unflattering & mercenary way. Which is particularly ugly of Frankel since Adam -- someone I am no fan of -- has been involved with non-profit work longer than Frankel herself, and did it when he was right out of college, not when he was 48 and rich as Croesus.  But that's Bethy the Bully -- she likes to strike at things people cherish about themselves and with Adam, that means sludging on his humanitarian impulses, and with Carole, sludging on her beloved morning cup of joe.) 

Exactly -- why?

Whether Adam is Carole's boytoy, boyfriend or friend, Bethenny's public comments reveal a complete lack of concern for Carole's feelings: it doesn't take a moral genius to realize that nobody wants to hear someone they're fond of being publicly criticized. She knew it would hurt Carole, and did it anyway.  That's the initial reason for the rift (now compounded). It's a really shitty thing to do to someone who thought you were a genuine friend, not a "show friend" (and who's the operator now, Frankel? Isn't all your shit supposed to be 100 percent real juice,  pulp included?) 

That said -- jesus, Carole should've known Betheny would come for her, one day.  We've all seen it before, Carole included.  When Frankel is in the process of turning on someone, it's the same MO, regardless of the person: first criticize them behind their back;  when confronted about the comments, argue and snipe and throw unimportant details to derail the discussion;  accuse the person she's demeaning of being emotionally unstable/weird/childish/incapable of rational discussion;  hurl outright insults;  retreat into victimhood, because all poor Bethenny did was speak the truth and WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH (because she's on the wall, people, she's guarding the wall while the rest of throw words like "dishonourable" and "asshole" and "vicious narc" around). Same shit, different target.

You're the new Jules, Carole -- how does it feel?

Fantastic post. Especially the bolded part, which is both true and hilarious. 

You understand Bethenny really well!! Care to pen an unauthorized biography?

• Love 7

What kind of chef is Adam anyhow?  Everything on his SM looks gross.  Maybe that's why Carole is so skinny.  Who's the young blonde in the pictures?  The new girl?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I  saw tjmaxx or some other stickers on the bottom as she was handling them. I don't think a designer is responsible for her Christmas displays too many things clumped together not in porportion. Like a giant reindeer with a tiny  Santa. Good for her love of  making it nice , I used to decorate the Hell out of my home too!  

• Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What kind of chef is Adam anyhow?  Everything on his SM looks gross.  Maybe that's why Carole is so skinny.  Who's the young blonde in the pictures?  The new girl?

He's a vegan chef. Carole is skinny because of genetics. Prior to the marathon training, Carole didn't exercise. Prior to Adam, Carole ate only junk food. She was a dirty water dog eating Taco Bell scarfing machine. And actually you can see that she reverts to that when she's away from him, for example when they were at the Sandbar in Miami Carole got like a couple of hotdogs for herself and ice cream for the women when tasked with getting food.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He's a vegan chef. Carole is skinny because of genetics. Prior to the marathon training, Carole didn't exercise. Prior to Adam, Carole ate only junk food. She was a dirty water dog eating Taco Bell scarfing machine. And actually you can see that she reverts to that when she's away from him, for example when they were at the Sandbar in Miami. Carole got like a couple of hotdogs for herself and ice cream for the women when tasked with getting food.

Hmmm, junk food?  Even if she didn't cook, there are veggies and healthy foods to microwave.  I'm surprised.