Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ninjago said:

I believe Carole's story in this and I think she is totally right in what she is calling Beth out for, BUT it's hard to be Team Carole when she's seen Bethany do this same shit with all the other women and not only stood firmly by her side, she actually encouraged it.  

Why was the parsing and dismissing okay when it was directed at everyone else, but not when it was directed at her?

it's human nature, people care more when it affects them..

• Love 7

Bethenny never misses a beat with her product placement so I'm surprised she didn't get all of the women Skinny Girl jeans, lol.

I shouldn't be surprised by anything Ramona says or does but the fact that she's never hard of the term 'homie' surprised me.

It must suck to be at the table and listening to house rules that were only created because Sonja and Ramona don't know the basic tenants of being a good house guest. I also like that Dorinda doesn't make everything a catered sit down event. If I'm at a friend's house, I wanna feel like I can get up and grab some food if I'm hungry or pour a glass if I want one.

I've never participated in a murder mystery dinner but I would assume that the profile that is the murderer would be divulged to the guest playing the role as I don't see how it would make any sense in a recreated mystery that the murderer would ever out themselves as being the murderer. All this to say, Dorinda said she was paying attention but was also hungry and say she outed herself but I'm thinking that she knew all along that she was the murderer and what her motive was. Unless maybe I missed the 'wink wink nudge nudge' part where it was clear to the viewer that she cheated and simply ended the game purely out of hunger.

I'm so confused with the whole Bethenny/Carole thing. You can obviously tell their relationship is different but after Bethenny's conversation with Dorinda, I was under the impression that for Bethenny, she wasn't punishing Carole for Adam's decision, but she was in some way punishing Carole for seemingly being proud of Adam for making selfish business decisions even in the face of a charitable opportunity (which is clear, this is where Bethenny judges Adam). But now Carole is denying the conversation ever happened claiming that Bethenny has never talked to her about this. One of them is lying or they're talking different timelines. Bethenny was being ridiculous in this episode and definitely came off looking childish, especially with the way she was hanging on every single detail Carole said and then correcting her - but I know why she did it. Bethenny has no boundaries when she's in fight or flight mode...she will always fight. That entire conversation opened up with Carole denying any conversation ever happened between them and implied that Bethenny was lying. Game over. She wasn't going to get a rational discussion out of Bethenny after that. Bethenny corrected everything because it was her passive aggressive way of discrediting Carole's account of how things transpired.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Because she's soo Koooool **snaps fingers above head, Barbra Walters style** cool hip ,with it ,Bethany assumed her old biddy castmates, wouldn't be cool enough to get it. Lol.

I forgot to add I thought it was hilarious that Carole  used Bethany's  catch phrase from a couple seasons ago (last week's episode )" get off my Jock"

Lol, I loved it. It sounded ridiculous.  Just as ridiculous as Bethany using it, I'm sure that was Carole's point. 

I thought the "chillin with my snowmies" was cute lol. I don't think anyone was trying to be cool, it's a pretty well-known word. Like LuAnn said, "What, do you think I was born yesterday?" lol. Everyone knows what a homie is except Ramona, apparently. 

• Love 9
Just now, SheTalksShit said:

I thought the "chillin with my snowmies" was cute lol. I don't think anyone was trying to be cool, it's a pretty well-known word. Like LuAnn said, "What, do you think I was born yesterday?" lol. Everyone knows what a homie is except Ramona, apparently. 

Well I took it as Bethany thought it was being cool . She said she thought Carole would get it , but not Dorinda , Lu or Ramona.  It's like she was testing them. Shrugs , that's what I thought. Of course it's well known , I'd never think no one would get it, obviously Bethany thought most of the ladies wouldn't. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I know! I love a good muder mystery.  I did a murder mystery dinner last fall at a local winery.  The fun part is the clues and solving the Freaking mystery!  If Dorinda just wanted a costume party do that....sorry. lol.

I was impressed by Carole not letting Bethany steamroller her. She held her own. Bethany was definitely frazzled....." i know you want to act 45 , Carole"   wtf??

Yep! Bethenny is not as tough as people think, IMO. I actually find her to be really unstable and I almost think that, sometimes, the way she acts towards people in arguments is an act for the cameras, or at least played up, bc she didn't act like this in earlier seasons. she's changed. i think she's either let the money change her or she's turning it allll the way up for the cameras and it's not cute. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

When B said she didn’t call or email Adam explained Carole’s reaction so much more. Basically she had a member of her team reach out for initial endeavor to Houston and Adam responded like he would for any ask. It clearly wasn’t a friend to friend request.

I thought when B was telling the story to Dorinda last week that she specifically said she texted Adam. So I agreed with Carole that the semantics of HOW she contacted him were completely irrelevant since she obviously did contact him. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Well I took it as Bethany thought it was being cool . She said she thought Carole would get it , but not Dorinda , Lu or Ramona.  It's like she was testing them. Shrugs , that's what I thought. Of course it's well known , I'd never think no one would get it, obviously Bethany thought most of the ladies wouldn't. 

yeah maybe it's a generational thing, some older upper east side manhattan women are kinda in their own world...haha. 

• Love 3

I also am confused about what exactly went down between Carol and Bethany. The Adam thing is BS and just given them a topic to fight over, rather than the real issue. If Adam is an asshole, it's not Carole's fault and she has no obligation to B to get involved. And B expecting that everyone else is willing and able to be part of her cause lest they be assholes is wrong an very typical of B. 

I think the real issue is that both of them are narcissists  and cannot see anything from someone else's perspective. B in particular has some kind of deep need to always be right or go down fighting.  That doesn't make for a stable friendship. 

• Love 4

I think I heard or read that BF was pissed at Adam refusing her request because, and thus her calling him an opportunist , he has been on a couple of "expensive" trips with her and Dennis ( and carole) and now had to pay the piper. Nothing was written in those exact words but that was my take away. That her thoughts on Adam was that he  did all the good fun stuff for free but now when she needed a favor ( but I really think she was doing him a favor), he turns her down. Who turns Betheny Frankel down?

And when someone call your boyfriend or boy friends and opportunist ( maybe a sideways way of suing he is using you ?), it may be fighting words. Certainly something to put distance between the two friends.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Perhaps, but it is traumatic to be re-homed after 9 years (since kittenhood)

Yes/Yes

Dyeing an animal is abuse; so is using a pet as an accessory (shoving them in a purse) 

I am not a psychologist, nor do I play one on TV so I cannot say whether Bethenny is a narcissist. It seems everyone that we do not like is given that label. What I do know is that I am married to a very kind and level-headed man who needs things to be exact in an argument so he can have the illusion of being in control. He, like Bethenny will pick apart things in an argument like when something happened exactly and ignore the real problem. It makes me crazy! I end up yelling at him like a lunatic because the point of the argument has been lost because I misspoke about some detail. He then gets to walk away with a smug look on his face that implies he won the argument. It really is maddening because nothing gets solved. 

The jury is still out on the level of Bethenny's narcissism. Most of us can agree that she is intense and it is exhausting. She is constantly scanning for people to call out. While she is good with quips, she is terrible at empathy. Lord knows that she doesn't let anything go. It would be fun initially to be her friend but a friendship with B would be hard to sustain. 

Why is Bethenny and Carole fighting? Carole gave money to BStrong and it really doesn't matter how much when every cent counts. Who cares who calls Page Six. It could be a producer. Adam didn't or couldn't go to Puerto Rico and that doesn't matter either because he isn't some celebrity that would bring attention to the cause. 

No one likes to be called Honey or some endearing term in an argument. 

Sonja is simplifying her life so she gives away her dog. Ugh. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Bethenny never misses a beat with her product placement so I'm surprised she didn't get all of the women Skinny Girl jeans, lol.

I shouldn't be surprised by anything Ramona says or does but the fact that she's never hard of the term 'homie' surprised me.

It must suck to be at the table and listening to house rules that were only created because Sonja and Ramona don't know the basic tenants of being a good house guest. I also like that Dorinda doesn't make everything a catered sit down event. If I'm at a friend's house, I wanna feel like I can get up and grab some food if I'm hungry or pour a glass if I want one.

I've never participated in a murder mystery dinner but I would assume that the profile that is the murderer would be divulged to the guest playing the role as I don't see how it would make any sense in a recreated mystery that the murderer would ever out themselves as being the murderer. All this to say, Dorinda said she was paying attention but was also hungry and say she outed herself but I'm thinking that she knew all along that she was the murderer and what her motive was. Unless maybe I missed the 'wink wink nudge nudge' part where it was clear to the viewer that she cheated and simply ended the game purely out of hunger.

I'm so confused with the whole Bethenny/Carole thing. You can obviously tell their relationship is different but after Bethenny's conversation with Dorinda, I was under the impression that for Bethenny, she wasn't punishing Carole for Adam's decision, but she was in some way punishing Carole for seemingly being proud of Adam for making selfish business decisions even in the face of a charitable opportunity (which is clear, this is where Bethenny judges Adam). But now Carole is denying the conversation ever happened claiming that Bethenny has never talked to her about this. One of them is lying or they're talking different timelines. Bethenny was being ridiculous in this episode and definitely came off looking childish, especially with the way she was hanging on every single detail Carole said and then correcting her - but I know why she did it. Bethenny has no boundaries when she's in fight or flight mode...she will always fight. That entire conversation opened up with Carole denying any conversation ever happened between them and implied that Bethenny was lying. Game over. She wasn't going to get a rational discussion out of Bethenny after that. Bethenny corrected everything because it was her passive aggressive way of discrediting Carole's account of how things transpired.

Skinnygirl is getting old and right around the corner I do believe we will see Bethenny get called out yet again for her over doing Skinnygirl et al.  These women have a fine line to walk-they need to be 100% supportive of another's product and at the same time respect the others' adventures be it a book (like Ramona) or a cabaret act like Luann.  Although easy to take jabs at a book or an act, it is just as protected as Skinnygirl, a skin care line or a vegan chef.

Carole last year started a fire in a non-working fireplace, smoked the place out and used door stops for kindling.  I think her damage was right up there with Ramona's.  

Dorinda wants to be the center of attention always.  That is why she puts up her beloved manor every year and subjects it to these women.  The game became meaningless once the attention was off of her.  Plus she was drunk, as usual.

I have resigned myself to the idea, the conversation Bethenny had with Carole about Adam being an "operator" was not connected to Adam's declination of the Houston trip.  Perhaps the mash up is in Dorinda being the messenger.  Chances are excellent, as Carole dropped a big clue, one of her friends is someone involved in the B Strong movement, that someone other than Bethenny made the contact with Adam and the results were reported back to her.  I don't think Bethenny would make up a conversation about telling Carole she thought Adam was an a operator  and again I do not know why Carole would expect Bethenny or her partners, employees to contact her to get a donation out of Adam. Now we had Dorinda talking about Adam, cooking and Puerto Rico.  Perhaps since three key pieces were incorrect, Carole should have pulled her punches and asked Bethenny for her version of the story instead of calling her a liar.

Well mystery solved here is Bethenny's account: 

On Dorinda claiming she was not aware of the dinner in Miami:

So it is a little more than minutia or semantics, Bethenny simply received a report back from her relief team.  Interesting. 

• Love 8

why is bethenny even on the show? for real. most of the ladies who do the show are in the upper-middle to upper-class range when starting, for sure, but we're talking like, high-5 figures/low-6 figures annually, pre-show, higher-6 figures after a couple years of doing the show and maybe even low-7 figures after doing the show a while, if they bring the drama. my point being, for most of these ladies, doing the show enhances their financial freedom, they can afford more with the money they make from the show, it's a game-changer for them. but that money is pennies to Bethenny, who made $100M when she sold skinnygirl. I mean, that's more $ than anyone could ever know wtf to do with. You can divide that income by 100 and you're still in the top 1%. That high-6/low-7 figure paycheck she gets from Bravo $ is pennies to her, she wouldn't miss that $ if it was gone, it wouldn't even make a dent, with the $ she's got. So why the hell is she even here? Is she like, lonely or something? Does she need more attention? Maybe needs something to do? I just don't get it, it's odd, to me. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I seriously can't wait for the Luanne/arrest dust up and the group trip - if only to get away from the Bethenny Vs Carole shenanigans. Friendships end. Meh. At this point I'm team neither of them. I'm team - lets get back to what made RHONY good - slice of life stuff. But it looks like we'll have to deal with at least one or more episodes of this painfully boring storyline... Maybe I'm just getting fatigued on RH shows - I used to not mind the dustups - but then again - they didn't always drag on and on. I think this must have started with the Jill v Bethenny season. I want silly tennis matches! Redoing home! Traveling! I'm babbling. Anywho... yeah. Moving on... lol

ETA - the preview with Ramona bishing to Bethenny about "not supporting women" is laughable. She's just as guilty. Hmmm... wasn't it her that went to Jill's Kodak event and then called the company antiquated? Was it supportive of women to bring up Bethenny's B movie from many many moons ago? Was Ramona supporting Kristen and every other woman she gets ridiculous with? Ugh. 

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 10
(edited)
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So it is a little more than minutia or semantics, Bethenny simply received a report back from her relief team.  Interesting. 

I only meant to quote the bottom line : So it is a little more than minutia or semantics, Bethenny simply received a report back from her relief team.  Interesting.

I would not trust that is was ""simply". The way BF parses her words, she may have given the order to her team to try Adam, but can say, "I" never contacted him. He owes her. 

Warning: that is my own interpretation . LOL

Edited by missyb
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm so over Bethenny. I think the only issue is she's upset about Tinsley and Carol getting so close. All of the other petty stuff comes from that. Bethenny's mistake was she thought Carol was a puppet and wouldn't confront her on camera and then Beth could control the narrative. Now that Carol is calling shit out Beth can't just say I'm jealous of your friendship so now it's about Adam saying no to something and whether that was on a Saturday or a Sunday!

Edited by howivesforever
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, missyb said:

I only meant to quote the bottom line : So it is a little more than minutia or semantics, Bethenny simply received a report back from her relief team.  Interesting.

I would not trust that is was ""simply". The way BF parses her words, she may have given the order to her team to try Adam, but can say, "I" never contacted him. He owes her. 

Warning: that is my own interpretation . LOL

Here is what Carole wrote last week in her blog:

Spoiler Alert: What would you do if your friend called your boyfriend, secretly behind your back, and asked him to go to Houston with her? Yeah, that happened. Stay tuned next week for As RHONY Turns…but let’s begin with this week.

I do not understand the continual miscommunication between Bethenny and Carole.  Now I am back to I can see where Bethenny was defensive. Then again I wonder if Carole was intentionally creating a stuff to make Bethenny out to worse than she is.  Or if Carole was lied to my Adam.

6 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

B to C: You never call me honey. 

It kind of reinforces why Bethenny would ask not to be called Honey.  That was not exactly a pleasant conversation.

• Love 9
Just now, zoeysmom said:

Spoiler Alert: What would you do if your friend called your boyfriend, secretly behind your back, and asked him to go to Houston with her? Yeah, that happened. Stay tuned next week for As RHONY Turns…but let’s begin with this week.

I do not understand the continual miscommunication between Bethenny and Carole.  Now I am back to I can see where Bethenny was defensive. Then again I wonder if Carole was intentionally creating a stuff to make Bethenny out to worse than she is.  Or if Carole was lied to my Adam.

The thing is we hear Beth tell the story to Dorinda and I do not think she ever said a word about it to Carol. Just was going around making Adam look bad to all the ladies and never once having a conversation with her "friend".

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Skinnygirl is getting old and right around the corner I do believe we will see Bethenny get called out yet again for her over doing Skinnygirl et al.  These women have a fine line to walk-they need to be 100% supportive of another's product and at the same time respect the others' adventures be it a book (like Ramona) or a cabaret act like Luann.  Although easy to take jabs at a book or an act, it is just as protected as Skinnygirl, a skin care line or a vegan chef.

Carole last year started a fire in a non-working fireplace, smoked the place out and used door stops for kindling.  I think her damage was right up there with Ramona's.  

Dorinda wants to be the center of attention always.  That is why she puts up her beloved manor every year and subjects it to these women.  The game became meaningless once the attention was off of her.  Plus she was drunk, as usual.

I have resigned myself to the idea, the conversation Bethenny had with Carole about Adam being an "operator" was not connected to Adam's declination of the Houston trip.  Perhaps the mash up is in Dorinda being the messenger.  Chances are excellent, as Carole dropped a big clue, one of her friends is someone involved in the B Strong movement, that someone other than Bethenny made the contact with Adam and the results were reported back to her.  I don't think Bethenny would make up a conversation about telling Carole she thought Adam was an a operator  and again I do not know why Carole would expect Bethenny or her partners, employees to contact her to get a donation out of Adam. Now we had Dorinda talking about Adam, cooking and Puerto Rico.  Perhaps since three key pieces were incorrect, Carole should have pulled her punches and asked Bethenny for her version of the story instead of calling her a liar.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the smoke from the fireplace, lol. I'll have to wait to see how bad this Bethenny/Carole things turns out next week but if it's a complete shit show, Dorinda may want to reconsider ever hosting the whole lot of them in her home...of course unless she wants an easy excuse to facilitate the drama and be relevant.

So Bethenny made it seem like she reached out to Adam directly but it was a mutual friend that did who was also associated to her charity. And the information was relayed back and forth between Bethenny and Adam via this third party. It may be a miscommunication because it would seem stupid to completely make up having a conversation with someone if that didn't happen. So I'm leaning toward Carole's comment being a miscommunication where they're talking about different things, because like you pointed out, Carole was reacting based on what Dorinda told her, and I agree, she should have asked Bethenny to tell her side and balance the information before she responded. I don't see how Bethenny would be stupid enough to make a conversation with Carole that she didn't really have. Carole is probably denying a conversation ever happened while things were happening but Bethenny is talking about a conversation with Carole after the fact (as in after Adam declined the offer).

I just hope that this season doesn't end up with them fighting the entire time because they're on two different pages when they talk to each other. It's too damn repetitive and tiring listening to the women on this franchise argue about the same thing each week and get back into their feelings each time, claiming to move on and then bringing shit up again.

21 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

why is bethenny even on the show? for real. most of the ladies who do the show are in the upper-middle to upper-class range when starting, for sure, but we're talking like, high-5 figures/low-6 figures annually, pre-show, higher-6 figures after a couple years of doing the show and maybe even low-7 figures after doing the show a while, if they bring the drama. my point being, for most of these ladies, doing the show enhances their financial freedom, they can afford more with the money they make from the show, it's a game-changer for them. but that money is pennies to Bethenny, who made $100M when she sold skinnygirl. I mean, that's more $ than anyone could ever know wtf to do with. You can divide that income by 100 and you're still in the top 1%. That high-6/low-7 figure paycheck she gets from Bravo $ is pennies to her, she wouldn't miss that $ if it was gone, it wouldn't even make a dent, with the $ she's got. So why the hell is she even here? Is she like, lonely or something? Does she need more attention? Maybe needs something to do? I just don't get it, it's odd, to me. 

I think Bethenny's experience as a child where her father left and stopped supporting the family financially coupled with her mother's issues makes me think that Bethenny equates money to happiness and independence. It's also because she's very type A and hate relinquishing control. No matter how much she makes, she wants to make more because that is the measure of her success as a business woman. Being able to balance a successful business and motherhood, in her mind, may be very important to her own confidence that she turned out okay despite the life she had growing up without a father and with a supposedly crazy mother. All this to say, I don't think it's about needing the money, it's about wanting it and she sees the show as free exposure for her brand and products. I didn't really watch her talk show much (aside from the occasional clips I stumbled across on Youtube) but I assume that she used that platform to remind viewers of her business as well. RH is to Bethenny is the same as it is to Nene from Atlanta (though she's not nearly as rich). She has branched out enough that she may find opportunities that she can explore elsewhere but she's done enough with this franchise where she seemingly will always have a spot for her whenever she wants to be there.

• Love 5
(edited)

Carole's blog

Carole Radziwill: The Week of Magical Thinking

"But in Bethenny’s myopic world, she’s the judge, jury, and executioner."

Spoiler Alert: Two men die and a friendship gets put on life support tonight.

Many of you think RHONY is scripted. It’s not. Some of you assume we’re aware of what’s going on with the other ladies at all times, but that's not the case either. I don’t know what any of the other Housewives say when I'm not filming with them. And no one tells us. I sit on my sofa and watch the events unfold at the same time as all of you—and sometimes, like you, I’m shocked by what I see and hear. 

In real life, you may never discover that a friend is being nice to your face only to make rude and hurtful comments behind your back. But lucky (or unlucky) for me, I get to hear it all—Bethenny’s drumbeat of insults, her spate of digs, and her self-serving narrative. Live on Bravo Wed 9e/8c!

Blogging is also a part of being on the show. It is here that I have a chance to respond to all the crap that has been said about me and the people I love—on television! When I hear a bunch of snide comments being hurled, part of me reacts with, I don’t really care what Bethenny thinks of me, she seems so angry and unhappy. Relationships change, they ebb and flow over time and friends ultimately show you who they are. I’m a grown-up, yet I can’t help but feel sad that I let into my life a person who I thought supported me, respected me, and enjoyed me, and she has revealed herself to be the complete antithesis. That is my thoughtful Austrian side. But my fiery Italian side is more like, “What the f**k did she just say?!”

I was taught to stand up for myself. To be heard. To defend my family and people I love. And to never let anyone question my character, intelligence, or integrity. And that is exactly what Bethenny has been slowly, insidiously trying to do all season with her hidden agenda. It’s pathetic, and I’m not about to take it. Up until this episode, I have not said a single unkind word about Bethenny in those confessional interviews or to any of our mutual friends—on or off camera. Not one single thing.

But in Bethenny’s myopic world, she’s the judge, jury, and executioner. Her narcissistic point of view doesn’t permit any dissenters—only her truth matters. It’s astounding to watch. Then again, in the post-truth age of consuming fake news, Bethenny’s world of magical thinking will probably be rewarded with its own spin-off.  

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, druzy said:

Relationships change. They ebb and flow over time, and friends ultimately show you who they are. I’m a grown-up, yet I can’t help but feel sad that I let into my life a person who I thought supported me, respected me, and enjoyed me, and she has revealed herself to be the complete antithesis. That is my thoughtful Austrian side. But my fiery Italian side is more like, “What the f**k did she just say?!”.... Hahahahaha

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

This is different from what she said on tape to Dorinda.  She said to Dorinda that she asked Adam and said she wrote him an email.  What  is it Beth?  Get your story straight.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Then followed up with "I know I look like I was".  

Ugh

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the smoke from the fireplace, lol. I'll have to wait to see how bad this Bethenny/Carole things turns out next week but if it's a complete shit show, Dorinda may want to reconsider ever hosting the whole lot of them in her home...of course unless she wants an easy excuse to facilitate the drama and be relevant.

So Bethenny made it seem like she reached out to Adam directly but it was a mutual friend that did who was also associated to her charity. And the information was relayed back and forth between Bethenny and Adam via this third party. It may be a miscommunication because it would seem stupid to completely make up having a conversation with someone if that didn't happen. So I'm leaning toward Carole's comment being a miscommunication where they're talking about different things, because like you pointed out, Carole was reacting based on what Dorinda told her, and I agree, she should have asked Bethenny to tell her side and balance the information before she responded. I don't see how Bethenny would be stupid enough to make a conversation with Carole that she didn't really have. Carole is probably denying a conversation ever happened while things were happening but Bethenny is talking about a conversation with Carole after the fact (as in after Adam declined the offer).

I just hope that this season doesn't end up with them fighting the entire time because they're on two different pages when they talk to each other. It's too damn repetitive and tiring listening to the women on this franchise argue about the same thing each week and get back into their feelings each time, claiming to move on and then bringing shit up again.

I think Bethenny's experience as a child where her father left and stopped supporting the family financially coupled with her mother's issues makes me think that Bethenny equates money to happiness and independence. It's also because she's very type A and hate relinquishing control. No matter how much she makes, she wants to make more because that is the measure of her success as a business woman. Being able to balance a successful business and motherhood, in her mind, may be very important to her own confidence that she turned out okay despite the life she had growing up without a father and with a supposedly crazy mother. All this to say, I don't think it's about needing the money, it's about wanting it and she sees the show as free exposure for her brand and products. I didn't really watch her talk show much (aside from the occasional clips I stumbled across on Youtube) but I assume that she used that platform to remind viewers of her business as well. RH is to Bethenny is the same as it is to Nene from Atlanta (though she's not nearly as rich). She has branched out enough that she may find opportunities that she can explore elsewhere but she's done enough with this franchise where she seemingly will always have a spot for her whenever she wants to be there.

Maybe you're right. I just feel like the money has changed her, big-time, and not in a good way. Maybe, in  way, that money brought out the real Bethenny, the Bethenny that doesn't need to maintain a certain measure of civilness towards people if she wants to have any friends and keep her connections, etc. because she was always sharp and sassy, but the first 3 seasons she was on, she was much more tolerant and patient with people, it seemed like she bit her tongue a lot more (like most of us do in every day life so we're not in constant conflict), picked and chose her battles more wisely, etc. and she was more humble. nowadays, because she doesn't technically need anyone for anything (like if she doesn't make another dime ever again after today, she's still set for life) she treats everyone like they're disposable, she has no filter, will readily, willingly, abrasively and rudely speak her mind about anything she chooses (asked or not) and, as others have noted, more or less scans the room looking for conflict and looking for someone to scream at or call out about some stupid shit, many times, shit that's not even her business or place to say anything. Nowadays, she walks around like her shit don't stink. It's very clear she doesn't see any of these women as her equals, doesn't care about any of them and doesn't even respect them enough to treat them with the most basic, common decency that you'd treat any adult. 

If I were these ladies, I'd get together with the other ladies who I know feel the same way and start refusing to film with her. My whole thing would be, "ok, if you feel that way about all of us, why the hell are you here? because we don't like you and you don't like us." 

And they all used to kiss her ass so much, but this season, I'm noticing that's not the case as much. I think some of these ladies are getting tired of her ass. Finally. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

"Someone on my relief team..."

There she goes again.

And by the way, why would anyone on her team reach out to a novice photographer without a directive from Betheny. The city is full of them. All looking for work.

• Love 12

You know how in England the Queen uses the “Royal We”? We are not amused, etc. 

I am beginning to think Bethenny uses the “Royal I” when she states things like “I contacted Adam” or “I organized planes to PR”. In fact, her support team/employee does things and she (I) takes full credit for herself. 

• Love 13

I’m surprised that Dorinda allowed them (Carole and LuAnn) to actually smoke their cigarettes inside of her home. 

Person A’s sperm is allergic to person B’s sperm...uh, Slutja, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that.

I think Bethenny felt entitled to some of Adams time. It’s been said that she and Dennis took Adam and Carole on some 5 Star vacations. Bethenny probably thought sure, he can get time off to travel on my dime but not to help me out during a crisis. That thought led to her having a chip on her shoulder. 

I cannot forgive Slutja giving away her pets. Mine are my family. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The whole thing boiled down to Carole loving Bethenny more than Bethenny loves her?  Dorinda stirring stuff up. . . again.  The story Dorinda told Carole wasn't terribly factual.  There was no cooking, no Puerto Rico or any mention of Carole coming up short in the cash department when it came to donations.  It looked to me like Dorinda was going to get even with Bethenny for calling her a drunk.  Need new material, Dorinda.  

I get that Carole has to be condescending to Bethenny because that is what she understands-but Carole has never called Bethenny "honey".  

Carole was essentially asking Bethenny what was amiss between them and then would not let any answer stand.  I heard Page Six and all I can think of is Sonja, Dorinda and Carole have all been on Page Six TV.  I don't think Sonja spilled the beans I do think it was Dorinda for the reason Bethenny stated-she was the one Bethenny spoke to.  Dorinda gives interviews all the the time to Page Six and whoever will interview her.  She had an interview with Page Six the end of December.

I get Carole and not  dealing with the minutia but what is it she wanted from Bethenny her friendship, an explanation, an apology?  I would not have gone about it the way Carole did as she continually called Bethenny a liar-never a good move.  I believe Bethenny felt someone was feeding the press and exacerbating the rift.  Okay are saying, Carole at that moment was saying Adam did not ask for compensation or Carole was pissed, Bethenny brought up the request for compensation situation to Dorinda?  Or Carole was unaware he had asked for compensation.  I will be interested to see if Carole had a single issue in the moment.

If it is not about the compensation what is it about?  (The obvious is Bethenny can be an obnoxious jerk.) 

Not really, it boiled down to Bethenny talking smack about Carole behind her back to others and blaming her for Adam's decision without ever talking to Carole about any of it.

Bethenny said that their friendship/relationship was different, that it had changed but refused to say what those changes were. I also think Carole started with the "liar" name because Bethenny was trying her best to throw Carole off balance like she does with anyone else and it didn't work.

From what Carole said, Bethenny told the Adam story to others, not just Dorinda and that she, Carole, heard from at least 1 of those people as well. 

Carole said that Adam told her the story and she knew he couldn't go and why, so she knew the whole story. IMO, Bethenny is mad because Carole didn't shame/force Adam into going with her and she then took him back after he turned Bethenny down. My gut tells me that Bethenny believes that Carole chose Adam OVER her and Bethenny never comes in second place, never, ever, ever! LOL

10 hours ago, Atwood said:

Except for the people filming them having that conversation, and all the people at Bravo who have a lot to gain from publicizing the storyline.

Not to mention all of the people Bethenny told because she was ticked off! You know she unloaded her anger on others.

10 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I dont know how y'all figured that Carole owned B in the argument..  1st, as much as she claims that B wouldn't let her talk, Carole's the one that kept talking over.  2nd, when B corrected her on her assumptions i. e ., that she called Adam yet B said she didn't call Adam, then Carol said well emailed him or whatever, then Bethany said she didn't email him, Carol just kept waving off B's refutations.  With Carol flapping her gums so much, we couldn't hear how B actually communicated with Adam cause Carole wouldn't let her speak.  And Carol was telling Bethany to stop whining which I thought was a hoot. Because one thing Bethany doesn't do is whine, that's Carol jurisdiction.  As someone above pointed out, Carol was spouting out a lot of words but not a lot of content..  I lost track of what Carol main beef with B was with all of the words she was saying. Heck I think Carol forgot what point she was trying to make.   I must say though that I was surprised to see her get this explosive with B.  If she was a real friend, she would have had the discussion in private. I think Bethany was taken aback only because Carol has never acted like this with her in front of everybody.

Bethenny was the one interrupting, trying to throw Carole off and she refused to answer any question. I do agree with you that Bethenny was thrown off guard but not for the same reason as you. Bethenny is use to being the one in charge, the one aggressive one, the one demanding answers, she is use to being on Carole's side of the argument. She is not use to being called out on her own bad behaviors or the nasty games she plays without being able to turn the tables on whoever confronts her, Carole handled Bethenny like a pro last night and refused to allow Bethenny to twist things around. 

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what I do not understand-once Carole asked if Bethenny was mad and Bethenny said she wasn't-what was the point of going on?   I think Carole was putting the onus on Bethenny when Bethenny had pretty much reached the place of indifference.  I am agreeing with you, it is just that I thought Carole should have told Bethenny she was angry with her over what Dorinda had told her and maybe be upfront about what Dorinda said.  I hate these RH arguments when they devolve into."I love you," it is so fake and so phony I want to puke and these women should be ashamed of themselves for even going there.

Hide contents

BTW next week - It all comes down to Carole not getting enough appreciation over the marathon from Bethenny.  Then the conversation becomes about Bethenny calling Luann a loser and Luann going off but good on Bethenny-as in like we have never seen before.

Bethenny said she wasn't "mad" but that their relationship/friendship had "changed", so again she was playing games to avoid telling the truth. And I think Carole hit the nail on the head when she said that Bethenny blames her about Adam but I think it is that Carole got back together with him after he said no to Bethenny! 

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

I'm so over Bethenny. I think the only issue is she's upset about Tinsley and Carol getting so close. All of the other petty stuff comes from that. Bethenny's mistake was she thought Carol was a puppet and wouldn't confront her on camera and then Beth could control the narrative. Now that Carol is calling shit out Beth can't just say I'm jealous of your friendship so now it's about Adam saying no to something and whether that was on a Saturday or a Sunday!

I think it's this too. 

Carole might have simply connected with Tinsley,  maybe was tired of living in Bethany's world. Maybe idk. They (C&B) have always been an odd match, at least to me. Heather and Carole's friendship seemed easy as does Carole and Tinsley's. Bethany and Carole imo brought out the worst in each other.  I'm thinking of their treatmentof Jules. I wonder if Carole pulled away more after the election.  Carole seemed very distraught ( I know I was). Bethany seemed to dismiss her feelings with regards to that. 

My point is it was a bunch of small things that drove them apart and Bethany was probably hurt that Carole was her pal as she had been. I guess Bethany can't  acknowledge that so she makes it about Adam. 

I don't think Adam turning Bethany down ,is that strange.  Yes it is charity work but he maybe just couldn't afford to do it without some sort of pay. I'm Bethany knows that feeling she hasn't always been rich and struggled in the beginning of the show. So her being angry about that doesn't ring true.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I thought when B was telling the story to Dorinda last week that she specifically said she texted Adam. So I agreed with Carole that the semantics of HOW she contacted him were completely irrelevant since she obviously did contact him. 

I died when Carole said (paraphrasing) "Ok, you used smoke signals". Loved every single moment of that confrontation! 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think it's this too. 

Carole might have simply connected with Tinsley,  maybe was tired of living in Bethany's world. Maybe idk. They (C&B) have always been an odd match, at least to me. Heather and Carole's friendship seemed easy as does Carole and Tinsley's. Bethany and Carole imo brought out the worst in each other.  I'm thinking of their treatmentof Jules. I wonder if Carole pulled away more after the election.  Carole seemed very distraught ( I know I was). Bethany seemed to dismiss her feelings with regards to that. 

My point is it was a bunch of small things that drove them apart and Bethany was probably hurt that Carole was her pal as she had been. I guess Bethany can't  acknowledge that so she makes it about Adam. 

I don't think Adam turning Bethany down ,is that strange.  Yes it is charity work but he maybe just couldn't afford to do it without some sort of pay. I'm Bethany knows that feeling she hasn't always been rich and struggled in the beginning of the show. So her being angry about that doesn't ring true.

I agree with this. I am not a fan of making someone a monster because they didn't do something for your charity. The thing about charity is it should come from your heart and I think Beth is a real asshole for trying to make Adam look bad because he didn't do what  she wanted regardless if it was a money issue or he just didn't want to do it.. I don't blame Carole for being angry about Beth talking about Adam to the others. He does not have a platform to defend himself (and shouldn't have to). She is very protective over who she cares about as I'm sure most of us are.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Maybe you're right. I just feel like the money has changed her, big-time, and not in a good way. Maybe, in  way, that money brought out the real Bethenny, the Bethenny that doesn't need to maintain a certain measure of civilness towards people if she wants to have any friends and keep her connections, etc. because she was always sharp and sassy, but the first 3 seasons she was on, she was much more tolerant and patient with people, it seemed like she bit her tongue a lot more (like most of us do in every day life so we're not in constant conflict), picked and chose her battles more wisely, etc. and she was more humble. nowadays, because she doesn't technically need anyone for anything (like if she doesn't make another dime ever again after today, she's still set for life) she treats everyone like they're disposable, she has no filter, will readily, willingly, abrasively and rudely speak her mind about anything she chooses (asked or not) and, as others have noted, more or less scans the room looking for conflict and looking for someone to scream at or call out about some stupid shit, many times, shit that's not even her business or place to say anything. Nowadays, she walks around like her shit don't stink. It's very clear she doesn't see any of these women as her equals, doesn't care about any of them and doesn't even respect them enough to treat them with the most basic, common decency that you'd treat any adult. 

If I were these ladies, I'd get together with the other ladies who I know feel the same way and start refusing to film with her. My whole thing would be, "ok, if you feel that way about all of us, why the hell are you here? because we don't like you and you don't like us." 

And they all used to kiss her ass so much, but this season, I'm noticing that's not the case as much. I think some of these ladies are getting tired of her ass. Finally. 

I want to make a frame of tiny red hearts around your post!! I agree with your analysis completely. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

You know how in England the Queen uses the “Royal We”? We are not amused, etc. 

I am beginning to think Bethenny uses the “Royal I” when she states things like “I contacted Adam” or “I organized planes to PR”. In fact, her support team/employee does things and she (I) takes full credit for herself. 

Notice she told Dorinda that was her warehouse.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I didn't say the ratings would suffer. I asked who would they turn on next since they seem to like a good dog pile on someone situation.

They will fight with each other just like they do now. LOL

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny is full of BS, she told Dorinda, on camera, that "she" emailed Adam, not that she had someone on her "team" do it. And did she even have a "team" back then? This was right after HH hit, Bethenny's first trip there, so what team did she have other than her SG employees? IMO, she is trying to spin the stench of lying off of her now.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

It kind of reinforces why Bethenny would ask not to be called Honey.  That was not exactly a pleasant conversation.

Again, why did Bethenny tell Dorinda that "she" emailed Adam to ask him if in fact she didn't do it herself? She didn't tell Dorinda that she had "someone" contact him, or had a "team member" contact him, she said that "she" emailed him. So, IMO, Bethenny's is the one lying, not Dorinda, not Carole and not Adam, just Bethenny.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Also, “honey” is condescending? How about calling your assistant “sunshine”?

Bethenny is about as condescending and fake as they get. I find her repulsive and offensive. She's a bully and a horrible friend. Even her good deeds, like the relief aid for Puerto Rico, had strings attached...Carole was supposed to call her and tell her what a great thing she was doing...it wasn't enough to donate a generous amount to the cause. And not only that Carole's estranged boyfriend should drop everything, including a paying job, to run to Houston and do work for Bethenny for nothing. That's great for people who can afford to do that and don't have to worry about paying a New York City apartment rent, etc...Adam is not independently wealthy.  Bethenny was caught off guard last night by Carole's strong counter attack. Carole held her own and revealed Bethenny to be the bully and nasty person that she is. All the hurricane relief projects in the world cannot cover up her ugliness. Carole was a good friend to her...she defended her constantly and was there for her when she was going through her contentious divorce and illness. Carole's problem is that she didn't see that everything with Bethenny is transactional...even friendships. I would like to see her leave the show but she is very tight with Andy Cohen and the Bravo suits. I don't see that happening. The only reason Bethenny came back was to promote her crappy Skinny Girl line. She isn't friends with any of these women and is not interested in spending any time off camera with them...it's a business thing and that's it. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

True, and she was hoping they wouldn’t get it so she could inflate her vulnerable ego at their expense. Bethenny sucks! (Forgot to say that yesterday.)

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Bethenny will probably get a spin-off designed around her Skinny Girl brand. 

She has never been able to head a show of her own, be it her Bravo spin off, her talk show, her radio show or even her/Fredrick show, so I doubt that she would get another chance featuring her SG brand. 

• Love 10

I loved Dorinda's "rules" she listed at dinner. You tell 'em, Doris. Rifling through your wardrobe, smashing fixtures and fittings and bossing your little maid about, urgh, these women. So lovably vulgar and so satisfying when they get out in their place.

And boy did Bethenny get put in her place by Carole. I hate it in arguments when people try and nitpick with irrelevant facts and that seems to be Bethenny's 'defense' conflict. Bamboozle them with pointless corrections so they look wrong/ get off topic. That's not going to work with Carole, honey. I think Ramona hit the nail on the head, Bethenny has found her match in Carole, her usual tactics won't work against her.

Bethenny vs Ramona: Bethenny will win everytime because she has a wide range of unpleasant to downright disgusting behaviour from Ramona to use as ammo.

Bethenny vs Luanne: Bethenny will win everytime by picking apart Luanne's infamously false persona. She's no classy countess and is just as down and dirty as the rest of the women.

Bethenny vs Sonja: Sonja is no fighter can't verbalize herself at the best of times. No surprise when Bethenny reduced her to tears in the whole Tipsy Girl saga.

Bethenny vs Kelly: Ahhh a throwback from the good old days. Kelly was not on the same planet as everyone else and could easily be crushed by anyone. Stood no chance against Bethenny.

Bethenny has actually been pretty lucky in that most of her opponents are either delusional or disgraceful and so it has been easy for her to dismantle them when they go toe to toe with her. Carole doesn't have a laundry list of awful behavior, can't be sidetracked or bamboozled easily and doesn't put on false airs and graces that are easy to call her out on. You need to up your game Skinny Girl.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

True, and she was hoping they wouldn’t get it so she could inflate her vulnerable ego at their expense. Bethenny sucks! (Forgot to say that yesterday.)

Beth is subjecting the other HWs, the crew, and the audience to this most likely only because the staff member who was present when she held up the sweater didn’t immediately laugh and say, “Oh, that’s so funny!”

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think it's this too. 

I agree, I think Bethenny saying at the dinner table, "maybe I meant you were a puppet, but I don't think I used those words," or something to that effect was a passive-aggressive dig at Carol out of hurt that Carol has sorta replaced her w/Tinsley. 

I actually don't think Carol is anyone's puppet, she's just loyal. She's a ride-or-die chick. She's protective of people she's close to and cares about. I think, deep down, Bethenny knows that, she's just upset that Carol's not ride-or-die like that with her anymore and, to add insult to injury, is like that w/Tinsley now, so she constantly has to see Carol show that ride-or-die loyalty to somebody else that she no longer has for Bethenny. I think it bothers Bethenny, but she knows there's no amount of yelling and screaming that can change that, so she's been dealing with it by making passive-aggressive-digs and talking about Carol behind her back. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, coops said:

I loved Dorinda's "rules" she listed at dinner. You tell 'em, Doris. Rifling through your wardrobe, smashing fixtures and fittings and bossing your little maid about, urgh, these women. So lovably vulgar and so satisfying when they get out in their place.

And boy did Bethenny get put in her place by Carole. I hate it in arguments when people try and nitpick with irrelevant facts and that seems to be Bethenny's 'defense' conflict. Bamboozle them with pointless corrections so they look wrong/ get off topic. That's not going to work with Carole, honey. I think Ramona hit the nail on the head, Bethenny has found her match in Carole, her usual tactics won't work against her.

Bethenny vs Ramona: Bethenny will win everytime because she has a wide range of unpleasant to downright disgusting behaviour from Ramona to use as ammo.

Bethenny vs Luanne: Bethenny will win everytime by picking apart Luanne's infamously false persona. She's no classy countess and is just as down and dirty as the rest of the women.

Bethenny vs Sonja: Sonja is no fighter can't verbalize herself at the best of times. No surprise when Bethenny reduced her to tears in the whole Tipsy Girl saga.

Bethenny vs Kelly: Ahhh a throwback from the good old days. Kelly was not on the same planet as everyone else and could easily be crushed by anyone. Stood no chance against Bethenny.

Bethenny has actually been pretty lucky in that most of her opponents are either delusional or disgraceful and so it has been easy for her to dismantle them when they go toe to toe with her. Carole doesn't have a laundry list of awful behavior, can't be sidetracked or bamboozled easily and doesn't put on false airs and graces that are easy to call her out on. You need to up your game Skinny Girl.  

Heather came the closest. She did call Betheny out and held her own. 

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Can someone refresh my memory?  What did Carole do to Bethenny that was so bad that Bethenny dumped Her?  Something to do with Adam?  

I don't think it's that simple. I suspect they just started growing apart, the honeymoon phase of their friendship is over. Carole started hanging more with Tinsly, Bethenny started doing her charitable stuff (and I'm guessing the show with Fredrik took up her time). I'm guessing the Adam thing is why Carole is upset with Bethenny - besides talking "behind" her back (which honestly - don't they all talk behind each others backs - par for the course)

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, kicksave said:

And not only that Carole's estranged boyfriend should drop everything, including a paying job, to run to Houston and do work for Bethenny for nothing. That's great for people who can afford to do that and don't have to worry about paying a New York City apartment rent, etc...Adam is not independently wealthy.  

Carole addressed this in her blog from last week:

"When Harvey hit last summer, Bethenny was partying in Ibiza, I was taking care of a friend whose husband had passed away, and Adam was working hard commuting three hours between clients each day. So, no, Adam couldn't go to Houston at Bethenny’s whim. He is building his business, and he has to hustle — you’d think if anyone would understand that it’s Bethenny. How quickly she forgets the struggle. He suggested switching one client’s day but couldn't afford to lose his day rate — certainly not to take pictures of Bethenny to post on her social media. So off she went to Houston with a professional paid photographer in tow to take pictures of her and the endless selfies she allegedly disdains."

• Love 15