Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I had someone come to the door while Meggie was talking about a tweet she'd received & it sounded like she said Joe Manganiello.  Anyone know?

Joe Mazzello.  And I think it was a posting he did to facebook, but I bet she has it on her twitter feed.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And Trump had one of those crazies give the first sermon at the embassy. Fun fact, this pastor is notorious for his hatred towards Jews and Muslims and constantly condemns them to Hell and speaks badly about them.

For many Evangelicals, they support Israel because of what they interpret as biblical prophecy, not because they care for Jews.  They believe those of the Jewish faith are damned.  I'm sure Israel knows this, but the blind support of the US is worth it.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Poor Meggy feels so all alone in dealing with her father's cancer.  I guess her mother and her six siblings are of no support?

I'm sure the first three don't count.  Two of Meghan's full siblings are males, and Bridget is adopted.  So poor Meghan's alone.  Clearly her husband doesn't count either, as well as every single guest who appears on the show and worships at the altar of Meg's father.  She's alone people!  Poor little rich girl.

6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I hope she says, "Thank you for your service," to every firefighter she encounters.

I was visiting NYC and my cousin and I were in the subway station that used to be under the World Trade Center.  It was late at night and the station was rather empty, when off of the escalators steps a gorgeous member of the FDNY in partial turn-out gear (I have no idea why).  My cousin chirps, "thank you for your service" and he responds, "I didn't realize I'd serviced you" with a twinkle in his eye. * This happened approximately two years prior to 9/11, and I've often thought that he probably died that day.

*Has anyone actually seen a male firefighter that wasn't hot? 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Perhaps she doesn't believe her staff...because she's a "college graduate" who speaks "several languages."  They can't possibly be as bright or educated.

Ah, yes.  The imaginary degree in design and architecture she received from " A University in Slovenia".

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I can’t help but wonder if her siblings are just as annoyed by her as the rest of us are. 

I can just hear them whining to friends and each other, "NOW everyone gets what we were complaining about for 30 years.  NOW!"

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

What's the budget for fake eyelashes on this show? I can hardly see sunny's eyes behind that curtain of falsies.

Maybe I'll start a new urban myth.   Cosmetic surgeons report that patients who wore heavy falsh eyelashes for years complain that their eyelids now sag over their eyes.  There are currently more patients asking for eyelid restoration than those asking for repair of long, droopy earlobes due to wearing heavy earrings (mostly women).

• Love 3

Hey Former Nun, back to our discussion about shih tzus earlier, believe it or not I was a Boxer dog gal for years, but divorce and moving from a house to a tiny little condo caused the attack of the killer shih tzus.  I know where you are coming from. Nothing like a big old sloppy doggie. But then, shih tzu's really work for a petite gal with very limited place, so there you have it.  I love them just as much as I loved my Boxers.  Oh yeah, I caught her word of the day! Whaaaaaaaaa. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

But then, shih tzu's really work for a petite gal with very limited place, so there you have it. 

I do tell my sons that it would be nice to have a smaller dog I could hold on my lap--maybe carry around.  I don't like the pushed-in faces (and breathing/anesthesia problems) of too many breeds, so although a pug has the right "heft," and so does a Frenchie...they're not my style.   If one could trust a little pig to stay little, I'd be just as happy to hold a pig.  (Suppose I just want another baby...at 78?  Well, 78 in less than a month.)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, After7Only said:

Agreed there is a difference.   But based on the language that  Tomi, MM, Trump, and others use on this issue (sh!thole countries, uneducated, etc.)  the right does not do a very good job making the distinction either.    When in reality , mass immigration to America has always was based on America's need for cheap unskilled labor.    

Tomi responded to the ladies of View's comments on her ancestry.  

http://people.com/politics/tomi-lahren-responds-resistance-genealogist-family-immigration-history/

I'm pretty sure that when Tomi's ancestors immigrated here, America pretty much had open borders to European immigrants.  There really wasn't such a thing as illegal immigration.  

Couldn't have said it better. Her response to Sunny's comments is a lovely example of white privilege and she's too dense to understand it. Even in present day, I wouldn't be surprised if Europeans had to go through far less hassle to get their foot in the door. 

I could be mistaken but didn't Meghan generally say that she didn't want America getting involved in other countries politics? If so, why is she supporting American's stance to choose sides in the Middle East conflict?

How many white shirts does Whoopi have? It seems like she wears an identical looking white shirt at least a few times a week, haha. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure the first three don't count.  Two of Meghan's full siblings are males, and Bridget is adopted.  So poor Meghan's alone.  Clearly her husband doesn't count either, as well as every single guest who appears on the show and worships at the altar of Meg's father.  She's alone people!  Poor little rich girl.

I was visiting NYC and my cousin and I were in the subway station that used to be under the World Trade Center.  It was late at night and the station was rather empty, when off of the escalators steps a gorgeous member of the FDNY in partial turn-out gear (I have no idea why).  My cousin chirps, "thank you for your service" and he responds, "I didn't realize I'd serviced you" with a twinkle in his eye. * This happened approximately two years prior to 9/11, and I've often thought that he probably died that day.

*Has anyone actually seen a male firefighter that wasn't hot?

It's the whole man in uniform thing, they all look hot.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, nokat said:

It's the whole man in uniform thing, they all look hot.

LOL.  Not to me.  I cannot say that every police officer is hot, considering how many are out of shape.  If my life is in the balance, I want someone who's healthy and fit  coming to my rescue.  I also don't tend to look at a postal worker and think - wow, look at that man in uniform.  Growl.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I do tell my sons that it would be nice to have a smaller dog I could hold on my lap--maybe carry around.  I don't like the pushed-in faces (and breathing/anesthesia problems) of too many breeds, so although a pug has the right "heft," and so does a Frenchie...they're not my style.   If one could trust a little pig to stay little, I'd be just as happy to hold a pig.  (Suppose I just want another baby...at 78?  Well, 78 in less than a month.)

I love Frenchies and their "big dog in a little body" mentality.  According to Cesar Milan, they're prone to race to the door and pound it with their shoulder when someone's at the door.  But then I love bully breeds.  Cesar had one called "Sid" and I loved that little dude.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

LOL.  Not to me.  I cannot say that every police officer is hot, considering how many are out of shape.  If my life is in the balance, I want someone who's healthy and fit  coming to my rescue.  I also don't tend to look at a postal worker and think - wow, look at that man in uniform.  Growl.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Snickers, well not everyone. What is the song? I need a hero, not a pasty fat man in a uniform. But the hot ones do get a nudge up.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

Many immigrants still have that work ethic, but sadly, many do not.

I wonder how someone could make a case for something like that, because I don't think people in general ever really change that much over time and it's not as if any of us were living then to compare. I'm guessing there were as many immigrants who did and didn't have a good work ethic in the past as there are in the present. But mostly I'm left wondering why immigrants should be required to have a good work ethic anyway? Most natural-born Americans don't have a good work ethic.

I doubt The View ladies will respond to Lahren's attempt at a comeback. She didn't make any indication she was referring to illegal immigration in her original comments--as if that would make sense of what she said anyway--so this is just a pivot.

• Love 21

I didn't fast forward through it all like I've been doing. I liked whoopi's shirt, and I agree that both Sara's and Meghan's hair was awful. It seemed like everyone was able to talk. Maybe I'm being kinder because of what was said about John McCain. That is never okay. Liked Sunny even with her huge eyelashes. Still like most of the panel. Megan even when she tries. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Poor Meggy feels so all alone in dealing with her father's cancer.  I guess her mother and her six siblings are of no support?

Dealing with the mechanics of supporting somebody with cancer is one thing (appointments, surgeries, etc), and dealing with the impending and inevitable death of a parent is quite another. I'm going through it now - many times the last people I want to talk to are family members because it's just too much sometimes. It is a very lonely experience.

• Love 9

I took care of my mother, and then my father.

Have two siblings and and they were there for my mother, but not my father. Yet one emotionally supported me.

Very difficult yet I worked while doing it and did not bring my co-workers into my pain. Especially on a daily basis and fortunately had the support of my two bosses over the time span to do what I needed to do.

I am very tired of MM's daily pain on my favorite show because she has been awful about dems and sometimes vicious, never apologizing.

I am tired of the show and MM's rehab tour. Sorry - just had to say it. I'll probably reconsider when she turns vicious again and come back. 

MM is no more special than any child loosing a parent. Especially one at 81 with a great life.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Have two siblings and and they were there for my mother, but not my father. Yet one emotionally supported me.

Very difficult yet I worked while doing it and did not bring my co-workers into my pain. Especially on a daily basis and fortunately had the support of my two bosses over the time span to do what I needed to do.

I am very tired of MM's daily pain on my favorite show because she has been awful about dems and sometimes vicious, never apologizing.

I am tired of the show and MM's rehab tour. Sorry - just had to say it. I'll probably reconsider when she turns vicious again and come back. 

MM is no more special than any child loosing a parent. Especially one at 81 with a great life.

I hear you, @maggiemae. I think it is Meghan's age.  I was 33 when my father died, and that is considered young to lose a parent, and he was not as old as John McCain.  Re JM, this is what happens when older men start new families.  Of course they are going to die when their adult children are still youngish.  I believe this is very traumatic for her, but as you say, we all have gone through it, and many have lost parents at a much younger age.  It doesn't make it any easier, when you lose your parent, it is devastating, no matter the age.  My husband lost his dad when he was 12.  So it seems a bit much for us to have to take this journey with Meghan.  But her father is famous, and somewhat controversial given the Trump era.  So the show likes this.  I believe her co-hosts are sincere in their empathy and compassion for her, as well as the audience.  This latest thing is bad.  You should see the crazy ass tweets from Trump supporters that hate McCain.  I guess that is what makes this a different scenario.

• Love 7

On May 15th MM's hands were pinky-purple but her face neck and chest had yellow makeup, probably to hide her usual flush when screeching, but she didn't get riled up enough to need it (for a change).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

On May 15th MM's hands were pinky-purple but her face neck and chest had yellow makeup, probably to hide her usual flush when screeching,

It's good to know that the makeup department is working with her, because God knows the hair and wardrobe people are not! I am okay with non-screeching Meghan. It's just so bizarre having one person with thin skin acting like she's on a Sunday morning "gotcha" show* and everyone else fairly relaxed and enjoying themselves. I don't even care if Meghan keeps her far-right views as long as she doesn't make watching an uncomfortable experience.

* When she's on the Sunday morning shows, Meghan is actually low-key and bearable. It's on The View that she turns into a harpy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

But mostly I'm left wondering why immigrants should be required to have a good work ethic anyway?

And some might arrive with a wonderful attitude, the best work ethic, and high hopes...then (if they're a darker shade) Americans and their President do nothing but denigrate them.  They're discriminated for jobs, housing, schools, etc.  I'm not focusing on illegal immigrants, but am focusing on those who come across our southern border.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder how someone could make a case for something like that, because I don't think people in general ever really change that much over time and it's not as if any of us were living then to compare. I'm guessing there were as many immigrants who did and didn't have a good work ethic in the past as there are in the present. But mostly I'm left wondering why immigrants should be required to have a good work ethic anyway? Most natural-born Americans don't have a good work ethic.

I doubt The View ladies will respond to Lahren's attempt at a comeback. She didn't make any indication she was referring to illegal immigration in her original comments--as if that would make sense of what she said anyway--so this is just a pivot.

It’s not just immigrants that have lost this work ethic over time. It is society in general.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

it would be nice! please go visit a shelter and look at the senior lap dogs. they would appreciate your love. 

7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

agreed. i lost both parents before i was 20. so i have no sympathy anymore. life is hell. many many children have it worse.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

It’s not just immigrants that have lost this work ethic over time. It is society in general.

I respectfully disagree. The rich corporations have taken most basic jobs overseas where they don't have to provide benefits, livable wages,  vacation or sick time, decent working conditions,  etc.. . .You all know the drill and have talked to someone in India about your phone or computer issues.

Robots, mechanized production,  and computers have also disappeared jobs for real humans.

My dad came here in 1950 from Poland, after surviving concentration camps, and worked in cement quarry and then a meat packing plant where he spent his life, rising through the ranks from the kill floor to manager.  Most of these types of jobs (inc. auto industry) for Americans and immigrants (just learning English and customs) no longer exist.

I teach high school and many kids would rather work with their hands producing something and increasing skills,  as opposed to food/cleaning/some retail services or tech jobs.  Yes construction and home maintenance (plumbing, a/c, landscaping) jobs are still out there, but by and large the vast number of blue collar jobs are gone.  Cornel West wrote an incredibly insightful piece about it many years ago, although his article was before computerized industry. 

Walmart "Made in America" stuff is made in China. Let Drumpf's base deal with that.  

I loathe MM and Tomi and Coulter. No reality or common(er) awareness whatsoever. 

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I do tell my sons that it would be nice to have a smaller dog I could hold on my lap--maybe carry around. 

I suggest:  A CAT!  My cats are great & I don't have to go out at 7:00 AM, and walk them!

• Love 11

I feel like the ABC execs got the word on how Meghan's childish behavior has been all over the media and now the show is being blatantly obvious about telling us how much they all get along and respect each other. We have seen very differently. They love to make it about them being women when they get called out for being nasty to each other. They cloak themselves by screaming 'sexism' and pretend to be nice to each other until sweeps month is over. 

None of what they are trying to do erases any of the terrible exchanges Meghan has had with Joy and Sunny. She is is still nasty deep down and always comes out when she doesn't get her way or the conversation isn't all about her.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I suggest:  A CAT!  My cats are great & I don't have to go out at 7:00 AM, and walk them!

*Allergies!  Love cats, but because I was very allergic to cats, my kids didn't get to grow up with them.  When they had apartments and roommates, the roommates had cats and my kids learned they were also allergic.   I have two 90-pound dogs and a BIG dog door.  I have a small house but a big back yard, so I don't ever have to walk them; they're on their own grazing/pooping schedule.   My 2016 "knee replacement gone wrong," means I'll probably never walk another dog. (*As an adult, I had a Great Dane.  Her saliva gave me hives.)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

it would be nice! please go visit a shelter and look at the senior lap dogs. they would appreciate your love. 

I don't go too many places; it's hell to try to get my walker in/out of the car.  My adult sons and I used to talk about volunteering at our local "pound," but know that we'd bring home too many animals--or cry about them.  The best I do is donate food, sheets, towels, $$$, etc. to our local animal welfare league.

• Love 7

First the superficial: all those kids had GORGEOUS hair!!!  And it was lovely to see how happy they were to see Kobe.  He's not one of my favorites (Michael Jordan 4eva!) but it was nice of him to come.  And - superficial again - he looked good in his suit.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

I feel like the ABC execs got the word on how Meghan's childish behavior has been all over the media and now the show is being blatantly obvious about telling us how much they all get along and respect each other.

When they were going off on their love and respect spiel this morning, it was obvious that TPTB have had their "talk" with Miss Meghan.  I wouldn't be surprised if it included the threat of her potential job loss.  No-one voluntarily makes that big of a turnaround virtually overnight.

The Thompson children were absolutely gorgeous with Mom's pretty facial likeness and their great hair and coloring.  They got the best of both parents!

• Love 14
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Tunia said:

When they were going off on their love and respect spiel this morning, it was obvious that TPTB have had their "talk" with Miss Meghan.  I wouldn't be surprised if it included the threat of her potential job loss.  No-one voluntarily makes that big of a turnaround virtually overnight.

The Thompson children were absolutely gorgeous with Mom's pretty facial likeness and their great hair and coloring.  They got the best of both parents!

Maybe her dad and/or mom talked to her about what they have been seeing of her hateful behavior on the View.  Her haters are just responding in kind to her vitriol.

Life's too to short to be hateful, and John may have given her some advice about for the future-- especially since he is asking for Obama at his funeral, thus crossing party lines big time.

I,  however, am very cynical/realistic, and old, and doubt she will change much.  The faux victimhood is MM's go-to persona; she's got tons of support around her.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

I hear Laurel. Better half hears Yanni.. At a distance though, it sounds more like Hailey. *Shrugs* That's all I got so far. 

I heard Yammi (with m's, like Sunny). I tried to hear Laurel, but couldn't.

Btw, the people speculating on this forum the past few weeks were right that Sunny and Meghan no longer go out for drinks anymore. They said so today.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I,  however, am very cynical/realistic, and old, and doubt she will change much.  The faux victimhood is MM's go-to persona; she's got tons of support around her.

I hear you. I wish I wasn't jaded enough to roll my eyes at the love-in, but I'm pretty sure Meghan will implode. She even tried to pull the Everyone's-against-me-nobody-agrees-with-me crap until both Joy and Whoopi pointed out that they actually agree with her on some things. Meghan just had to note their political differences as a way of getting the last word. I actually laughed out loud. She really can't help herself.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Someone (Miss Meggie) should read Joe Mazzello's Facebook post about all HE did for his dying Dad.  Meggie just sits & whines!!!

But, Medicine Crow, the viewing public NEEDS Ms. McCain to teach us, to lead us, to inspire us--and correct us.  Daddy has caretakers, doesn't he?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

But, Medicine Crow, the viewing public NEEDS Ms. McCain to teach us, to lead us, to inspire us--and correct us.  Daddy has caretakers, doesn't he?

No, unfortunately, he does not have caretakers. The entire burden is on Meghan. And, no one else has ever experienced anything similar. 

• Love 18

I saw RBG yesterday ( the documentary about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bafer Ginsburg)  and she mentioned that she always followed her mother’s advice about not raising her voice during an argument, but stating her view in a calm manner. 

Ladies of The View, take heed.... Meghan, take  mega heed.)

Ruth BADER Ginsburg!

• Love 12
(edited)

The Kobe segment got me feeling a certain way. The joy on those kids faces and when the older one started to tear up. And it's definitely Yanny. I tried hearing Laurel but can't.

I didn't like the civil segment. With the way things have gone lately, people are quick to get angry first instead of having a civil discussion. I definitely agree with everyone there. But when Meghan made it me-centric I rolled my eyes. She's afraid of going out due to her beliefs, but there are many in the country who have been feeling this way for a long time.

I also feel like whenever she brings up the show or says things like, "This show is a place where I don't agree with anyone here." and things like that, I feel like I've heard this so many times that I don't care anymore. Just tell me what you feel Meghan without beefing it up like this. Plus we've seen how she's been welcomed with kindness and been incredibly rude in return. So it feels fake, even though I do think she's being genuine.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 6