Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I didn't really see a problem with the size 14 comment. The camera adds some pounds to you, but I can believe that she's a 14. She does have huge breasts, but I think the size sounds reasonable to how she looks. What she wore today definitely makes me feel like she's around that size.

She has worn some ill fitted clothing which is why she may look bigger than she is, but I definitely believe that she's a 14.

Plus I don't think her size is relevant to how she is. I do like her calm approach these days, even though she seems to talk about herself a lot more than usual. The real test will be next week when they talk about the Texas shooting. Gun reform will probably be brought up again, so we'll see how calm Meghan handles it. I hope she improves and actually states her points without yelling, but it's also about guns and her gun country stuff, so you never know.

3 hours ago, bannana said:

I wonder why they stopped doing the "After the View" thing. All of them seemed calmer and more comfortable talking in that setting than on the show.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Erika is an extreme bitch on RHOBH.

I think that's probably her personality most of the time...on TV or off.  She's simply entitled. I "enjoyed" Erika's avoiding answering Joy's question (twice) about how she got started...at age 35.  She got started because she was living with/married to a high-powered, connected Los Angeles attorney.  They probably entertained every showbiz bigwig in the state.  She probably got started after one simple phone call from her sweetie.  She had some bad reviews when she started.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

That would explain Sunny's disdain for Bethany.  Although if someone had went after my kid I would probably feel the same way.  But it did happen a couple years ago and Sunny did say she was apologetic afterwards. 

That kid is 16 now so he wasn't "nine," as Sunny claimed.   Is it possible he was asked to be quiet several times?  Sunny's halo tarnishes a little more each time she is sooooo righteous.  Oops...got carried away and posted twice on the same topic.

Edited by Former Nun
An OOPS
  • Love 3

It was when Beth was first married (Jason was mentioned)so , it took place in 2010/2011.Later, they were already separated.

So Sunny was correct in her timeline. As far as adult bullying, one of them is in my family. She terrorized my son to the point that he started having panic attacks around her.

That shit is not right. My relative is insane as well. 

Adult bullies are the worst. Team Sunny 100%.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Wings said:

Erika is an extreme bitch on RHOBH.   Meg had stars in her eyes when Erika wanted to take her to Vegas.  She wants to be in any in crowd and she loves the housewife franchise.  The real housewives of Phoenix, oh please no. 

Erika definitely is one nasty bitch on RHOBH. Wonder what Meg's Evangelical in-laws will say when they find out their darling, conservative daughter-in-law is hanging out with a bitch who wears a necklace that says "c***y" and sings about patting her "puss". Interesting that Mad Meghan finds Ericka so inspirational and wants to hang out with her.  I think the two of them have a lot more in common than we can begin to imagine and not in a good way.

Edited by Badbea99
clarity
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Erika definitely is one nasty bitch on RHOBH. Wonder what Meg's Evangelical in-laws will say when they find out their darling, conservative daughter-in-law is hanging out with a bitch who wears a necklace that says "c***y" and sings about patting her "puss". Interesting that Mad Meghan finds Ericka so inspirational and wants to hang out with her.  I think the two of them have a lot more in common than we can begin to imagine and not in a good way.

I would think Meg would squirm,  blush and  be totally uncomfortable at the mere thought of Erika’s act!   Apparently not.  Very odd. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

It was when Beth was first married (Jason was mentioned)so , it took place in 2010/2011.Later, they were already separated.

So Sunny was correct in her timeline. As far as adult bullying, one of them is in my family. She terrorized my son to the point that he started having panic attacks around her.

That shit is not right. My relative is insane as well. 

Adult bullies are the worst. Team Sunny 100%.

She just turned 8 this month being born premature in 2010. They were married in March 2010  June 2012 they were together December 2012 not together. 

I can just see her tromping in the sand following her over to her place... Sunny went over to her boyfriends apartment and  threw all his phones out of the window when he hung up on her because he had guests at his place. 

I kinda can't get over being able to hear  a kid on the beach unless there's no installation or he's not in front of his own rental. 

Thanks mods for letting us get sort off  the segment trying to figure out Sunny's  motivation for belittling charity to her homeland. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

She just turned 8 this month being born premature in 2010. They were married in March 2010  June 2012 they were together December 2012 not together. 

I can just see her tromping in the sand following her over to her place... Sunny went over to her boyfriends apartment and  threw all his phones out of the window when he hung up on her because he had guests at his place. 

I kinda can't get over being able to hear  a kid on the beach unless there's no installation or he's not in front of his own rental. 

Thanks mods for letting us get sort off  the segment trying to figure out Sunny's  motivation for belittling charity to her homeland. 

It is fine and dandy, that Sunny is #team too much however, Beth still bullied a child who was 8.

Unfortunately for Beth, she fucked with the wrong bitch that time.

Like Joy said, Sunny  is the leader of the gang. 

As far as belittling what Beth did for PR, it is news to me. However I can see why after that encounter.

Lastly, I died when the Red headed girl announced that the Skinny Girl booze was not good.

poor thing, she went off the script too much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Wonder what Meg's Evangelical in-laws will say when they find out their darling, conservative daughter-in-law is hanging out with a bitch who wears a necklace that says "c***y" and sings about patting her "puss".

Thanks for reminding me of the c-word and patting (although I'm generally HAPPY to type and speak that c-word*).  If Ms. Meghan is always so embarrassed and gets flushed and blotchy whenever there is ANY mention of sex or private parts (even medically) on the show, how comfortable is she hanging with bestie Erika Jayne who lives to talk, suggest, tease, imply, demonstrate (so many more words) her take on SEX?   P.S.  I'm not clear on this.  Did Meghan say she met Ericka on Andy Cohen's show and they hit it off?  This means they've been close friends since the end of March.  March 2018!

*Just as many of us casually use some four-letter words today we thought we would NEVER use...let's just add that c-word and take away its shock value. 

• Love 4

Elsa also said that she inadvertently (or some word like that) got into a twitter feud with Teddy Mellencamp.  And then doubled down on The View by saying again that Teddy is boring.  She didn't inadvertently get into a feud, she started it and she continued it.

• Love 5
On 5/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Does Bethany have a connection to PR?  When a celebrity is involved in a charity and has a pet cause if there is a personal reason why I believe the concern is genuine.  I can't remember which cohost said a lot of people get involved or give money just to get a seat on a board or something. 

Her connection isn't specific to PR but to her own charity that I believe was set up specifically to help areas where people have suffered crisis. She had done work in Houston before the disaster in PR. In trying to figure out how her charity could get involved with PR she said she was limited in her experience of how to approach a crisis of PR's magnitude. She realized that simply going to the store and buying goods to send over wasn't a real plan that could affect change so she started getting in contact with people who had a more long term plan for help. In the end, her particular role is promoting the cause to solicit donations and sponsors. 

I do like Sunny but she isn't getting a pass here. Her response about Bethenny seemed really petty and made me think back to the gripe she had with Bethenny in the Hamptons. Sunny certainly struck me as a judgemental here. I'm not a fan of Bethenny either, but this woman got off her ass and dedicated a lot of her time and energy in actively doing something for the PR (something that Sunny could have come across a bit more gracious about considering that's where her family is from). Bethenny has brought a lot of attention to the crisis in PR and has provided on the ground views of what the people are going through and she's using the platform she's been given because it seems like the rest of the media has forgotten about providing real updates or soliciting help for the people of PR. Did Sunny think that Bethenny went into PR and said 'let me film you crying and me handing you money otherwise, sorry, we can't give you anything'? I'm pretty sure those people had to provide consent to be filmed and to have the footage shown. And I know for damn sure that if my community was suffering and the world seemingly forgot about us, I would want all of our faces on TV so that the world can see what they're ignoring. I applaud people who have core values and are true to them, but that isn't mutually exclusive with being judgemental. Sunny can definitely come across judgemental and when she does, it isn't a good look for her, no matter how she wants to rationalize it. 

Meghan has been quite calm the past couple of days and it probably will last as long as she's angry with the current administration for their lack of response about the comments made about her dad. In any case, if she can keep this demeanour when discussing politics that she happens to disagree with, then I genuinely wouldn't mind her...but I think it's in her nature to be argumentative and a bit bratty in her delivery but I hope I'm wrong and she can figure herself out, especially if they're not planning on firing her.  

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think that's probably her personality most of the time...on TV or off.  She's simply entitled. I "enjoyed" Erika's avoiding answering Joy's question (twice) about how she got started...at age 35.  She got started because she was living with/married to a high-powered, connected Los Angeles attorney.  They probably entertained every showbiz bigwig in the state.  She probably got started after one simple phone call from her sweetie.  She had some bad reviews when she started.

Her hubby, whom seems disinterested in her on camera, is the Erin Brockovich attorney.  At first, and maybe even now, his money was financing her "singing" career.

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Elsa also said that she inadvertently (or some word like that) got into a twitter feud with Teddy Mellencamp.  And then doubled down on The View by saying again that Teddy is boring.  She didn't inadvertently get into a feud, she started it and she continued it.

Erika had it in for Teddy from the get go. Probably jealousy.  She even screamed at her on the  ho wife show.  That's probably why Elsa dislikes Teddy so much.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Sunny certainly struck me as a judgemental here

5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I applaud people who have core values and are true to them, but that isn't mutually exclusive with being judgemental. Sunny can definitely come across judgemental and when she does, it isn't a good look for her, no matter how she wants to rationalize it. 

This season Sunny has been more judgmental than not.  She gives the impression that she really does think she's morally better than most.  Hmmm...the sin of Pride?  (Also, lose the extensions; they get longer every day.)

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Thanks for reminding me of the c-word and patting (although I'm generally HAPPY to type and speak that c-word*).  If Ms. Meghan is always so embarrassed and gets flushed and blotchy whenever there is ANY mention of sex or private parts (even medically) on the show, how comfortable is she hanging with bestie Erika Jayne who lives to talk, suggest, tease, imply, demonstrate (so many more words) her take on SEX?   P.S.  I'm not clear on this.  Did Meghan say she met Ericka on Andy Cohen's show and they hit it off?  This means they've been close friends since the end of March.  March 2018!

*Just as many of us casually use some four-letter words today we thought we would NEVER use...let's just add that c-word and take away its shock value. 

You're very welcome!!  I have no problem typing the c word but didn't want to offend anyone here since I'm new at posting.  I totally agree with you about Mad Meghan getting flushed and blotchy at the mention of anything having to do with sex, but she's ready, willing and able to have Ericka in her midst doing her over the top sexual thing and that's not a problem.  Meghan is beyond hypocritical.  I can't remember if she said she met Ericka on Andy's show or if they've been twitter friends for awhile.  I think Lisa Rinna may have been the other guest the last time Meghan was on WWHL but I may be mistaken. 

Speaking of Andy Cohen, you ain't seen nothing yet - wait until next week when he's scheduled to be a guest on The View!!  He will kiss MM's ass to the point of no return.  She will be orgasmic.  I will be physically ill.  It just keeps getting worse as the rehab of Meghan continues.  Fuck her and her phony persona.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, bannana said:

Elsa was a bitch on WWHL when she said Teddi shouldn't have been hired for RHOBH just because she has a famous last name!!  How does she think she has gotten every job she's ever held?  Oh yeah, because her last name is McCain!!  She is a nasty piece of work.  I don't think Teddi responded the way she wanted her to, she commented about making a practice of not tearing other women down or words to that effect.  A classy response.  I notice Ericka didn't fall for the bait the other day when Elsa was attempting to draw her in on her quest to get Teddi fired. They showed a clip of her comment on WWHL on the BH reunion show which only gave Elsa more publicity.  I'm sure she will bring it up again when Andy Cohen is a guest on The View in the next week or so.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I agee it is time to stop being shocked and repelled by the word c***.  Women have given it far too much weight.  Cock and dick are the male equivalent and you never heard a man become outraged with those,  so they never escalated into horror.  It is just a word. 

• Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Wings said:

I agee it is time to stop being shocked and repelled by the word c***.  Women have given it far too much weight.  Cock and dick are the male equivalent and you never heard a man become outraged with those,  so they never escalated into horror.  It is just a word. 

IMHO, they're not equivalent terms because of the vile connotation of c***....its not just a biological/ anatomical word.

I don't think women are to blame for patriarchal, historical misogyny by rejecting a word that is used to agressively/dismissively label a woman. 

Pussy is also used to call anyone weak. 

Thst said, I think we women are taking back "bitch,"  which I claim to be  proudly, to mean assertive.  I do try to be more lexiconically definitive though, i.e.,  use more specific terms,  cuz I teach high school. 

Of course,  dick also refers to a guy who is a major jerk or asshole --another term overlaid with negative subjective inferences.

They' re not just words. 

And I hope we are more intelligent and aware to use vocabularly more specifically, if not respectfully. 

Edited by Tosia
Proud, assertive, strong and kind woman.
  • Love 8

@Tosia.  And this why we need to take back the word c***.  Keeping it in the vile/negative category only serves to inforce its origin born of misogyny.  It’s power needs to be zapped. 

Our mileage varies.  ;^)  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

He will kiss MM's ass to the point of no return.

Andy Cohen is the personification of ass-kissing.  If he could control himself, he might have more respect.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

IMHO, they're not equivalent terms because of the vile connotation of c***

But WE can change that connotation.  We can.  It can be just another "sticks and stones" moment.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

But WE can change that connotation.  We can.  It can be just another "sticks and stones" moment.  

Perfectly stated. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Former Nun said:

This season Sunny has been more judgmental than not.  She gives the impression that she really does think she's morally better than most.  Hmmm...the sin of Pride?  (Also, lose the extensions; they get longer every day.)

She tends to pass it off as being prudish but I think that's characterizing it a bit too kindly. Don't get me wrong, I do like Sunny, but no one is perfect and this is definitely where I feel she could do with some self-realization and personal growth. Especially in this case, I think she cared more about sticking it to Bethenny so she found something to complain about when the real fruits of Bethenny's labour are undeniable regardless of whether you think she should be inviting cameras along for the ride or not. What convinces me even more is that she prefaced her criticism of Bethenny by saying 'everyone knows how much charity work I do...' well she's doing exactly what she's accusing Bethenny of but she's arbitrarily deciding that the presence of cameras is what makes the difference. 

• Love 5

Catching up on episodes.  The one where the Vietnam Vet was in the audience, and then after the break they talked about how vets were treated poorly when they returned.  Joy said: Steve went.  Was she saying her husband is a Vietnam Vet?  If so, this would be the first time I think this was ever said.

As far as the Sunny and Bethany thing goes I'm #TeamSunny too.  If someone had treated my child the way Bethanny treated Sunny's there's no way I would be giving them credit for making a big show of doing the kind of charity I do behind the scenes all of the time.  What Sunny knew that day at the beach is that Bethanny will act like a monster when she thinks no one is around and watching.  Trying to intimidate a child because he's making noise on the beach in the middle of the afternoon. Nah, bruh, That's true pettiness. And the minute someone her age came out to confront her on the issue she ran scared like the little wuss she was.  Yes, she apologized, but not without plugging more of her product.

I think it's a good thing that Bethanny is doing hurricane relief efforts is Puerto Rico.  Hopefully it'll bring more attention to the issue and inspire others to make similar contributions. That doesn't mean that if I was in Sunny's position I would feel differently about Bethanny's intentions with her charity.  I'm sure it's difficult to credit someone with acting so publicly generous when you've seen them act so wickedly in private.

• Love 3

I didn't find Sunny's comments about Bethenny Frankel inappropriate in any way. All she said was that from her point of view, her religion says you don't shout about good works to receive pats on the back, because that means you've only done good things for the sake of your own vanity. I don't consider that being judgmental, just stating a belief. Whether or not there is actual good done as a result has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of a person's motives. Considering Sunny's met the woman and doesn't have a good opinion of her, I can understand why she might think BF's goal is at least in part to get attention for herself. I know I probably would have assumed that's all she cared about just for the fact that she's a Real Housewife (a franchise of self-centered surgical experiments) without ever having heard about her run-in with Sunny, much less if that experience had happened to me, personally.

I hadn't seen that After the View clip before now, btw, so thanks for posting it. I have never been a fan of Bethenny when I've seen her on the talk-show rounds. Not to be off-topic, but I still remember how funny it was watching Johnny Weir tear her to shreds on that short-lived skating show a few years back. He really could not stand her, lol. 

• Love 4
On 5/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, Maricopa said:

Sunny's reaction to the mention of polyamory was indicative of how out of the loop these ladies are with modern culture and lifestyles. And I was shocked than Megan knew about it though!

No, Sunny, polyamory isn't a married couple with a "sidepiece". I personally know a poly household of five people who worked out a way financially to build a house together and live as a unit (reminiscent of communes). None of them are married to anyone. Everyone can come or go sexually, be asexual, or commit to one or another, and since they're all in their 60s (and one is someone prominent in the entertainment field) when someone gets sick or needs help, there's a built-in safety net. It's also MUCH more economical to live this way, leaving them discretionary income to travel, for creative interests, etc. It especially adds up for people in this age group, for whom marriage-for-kids no longer makes legal sense.

Get over your prissy little self, Sunny. Fine if you don't want to do it, but it works well for those who do...who don't have your gigantic family income.

I'm almost 60, and although only interested in hetero relationships, I can see being in such an arrangement.

I thought it was pretty obvious that only Sunny was unfamiliar with it.  The others seemed to know exactly what it meant, so I didn't see all of these ladies as out of the loop - just one.

I do agree that Sunny needs to get over her prissy little self.  This is not the first time she has come across as extremely sheltered from things that I assumed were pretty common knowledge.  She actually seems to enjoy representing herself as shy and coy about anything related to sex, and she gets all blushy, puts her head down, and acts like an embarrassed teenager.  Then she has trouble understanding simple explanations, as though she just can't grasp anything out of the ordinary.  It's very odd for someone with her education and work experience.  I've noticed many times that she doesn't seem to be very well-read or informed about things going on in the real world.  It's strange to me that she seems to view that as a source of pride.

• Love 1