Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 14

Terrence Howard (“Terrence Howard’s Fright Club” and “Empire”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 15 

Martha Stewart (Martha Stewart Pets)

Wednesday, May 16

The Political View with former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld (book, “When the Center Held: Gerald Ford and the Rescue of the American Presidency”)

Thursday, May 17

The Political View with Bret Baier (book, “Three Days in Moscow: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of the Soviet Empire”; and “Special Report” with Bret Baier); Alan Cumming (“Instinct” and “Show Dogs”)

Friday, May 18

Guest co-host Alyssa Milano; Erika Jayne (book, “Pretty Mess”; “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, backformore said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/terrence-howards-dangerous-mind-20150914

Yep. He invented a new system of mathematics and logic, in which 1 x 1=2, and he calls it terryology. Add that to his domestic abuse and other violent temper outbursts,  the view would be wise to steer clear of this guy.

I have never liked the guy.  No matter what role he plays I find myself disliking the character because I just cannot stand him.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have never liked the guy.  No matter what role he plays I find myself disliking the character because I just cannot stand him.

To be fair, he has had a hard life. I am not excusing his bad behavior, but, it gives you an insight into his psyche. His dad murdered somebody, in front of him, as a child. How can you not be messed up, after that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Ugh. I don't ever want to see Tomi Lahren on my television screen again. I am so repulsed by her. 

Same here. She said that Black lives matter was the new KKK. 

Megan is right, she is very popular with Trump's base, she is young, pretty and Blonde.. I think that she is vile and dangerous.  

• Love 21

Well, now we know what gives rise to Meggie's sense of humor ... being the center of attention!!!  They must have given her a "Giggle Pill" because she was really into it!!!  (I've never seen her be so "nice".)

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Ugh. I don't ever want to see Tomi Lahren on my television screen again. I am so repulsed by her. 

Please tell me that TWAT wasn't a guest! She's horrible. I skipped Real Time when she was on; just as I did The Daily Show

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please tell me that TWAT wasn't a guest! She's horrible. I skipped Real Time when she was on; just as I did The Daily Show

No, she was on Trumptv, a.k.a Foxnews, spewing her anti-immigrant rhetoric. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

The fact the right is upset about the fact there was a leak and not upset about what the leak was speaks volumes about them.  I guess when you don't want to criticize the message you criticize the person who leaked the message.

• Love 15

Thanks, Terrence Howard, but, I hate math and that was boring as hell. 

By the end of the week, this show will consist of, “Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View. Welcome to The View........Thanks for coming!  Enjoy whatever View you happen upon”  The end.

• Love 16

Okay, so I did watch the DVR of the first half hour or so, ff'ng through Meggie's screeching.  When she raises her voice it sound like she's got a giant spit bubble caught in her throat.  Then her constant monopolizing of every single topic was just too much and I had to delete.  She's abhorrent.

• Love 8

Joy and Sunny were on fire when they were calling out Tomi Lahren. I loved Sunny for highlighting the hypocrisy of labeling Kelly Sadler a victim while lambasting Michelle Wolff, too. They’re the reason I endure through McCain, who’s gone strangely silent. I guess if you’re trying to improve your image and you can only think of awful things to say, better not to speak at all?

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The fact the right is upset about the fact there was a leak and not upset about what the leak was speaks volumes about them.  I guess when you don't want to criticize the message you criticize the person who leaked the message.

Eh? Is the leak you're referring to is what Sadler said?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Between the Bernie/chickens contest and the Republican guests, I'm underwhelmed, but I watch for hot topics, so there's hope. ;-)

I watch for hot topics and animals!  I am looking forward to this!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Did MM just give credence to the Daily Mail's stories on The View? 

Based on the way Joy looked at her when she made the comment about leaks being given to the Daily Mail,  I'd say yes.   

Love Terrance the actor, but Terrance the man is crazy (or maybe a genius?).

• Love 4
(edited)

Sunny was feeling it today.  Loved her research.  I have to give it up to her because Whoopi can be so dismissive but Sunny just pushes on and has fun while doing it.

I've read the stories about how Terrence Howard beats women.  Skipping that interview.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Shouldn't the motto for National Brain Cancer awareness month be "Gray matter matters, not Gray lives matter?

I think it's in such poor taste that they did a riff on Black Lives Matter.  I think it's disrespectful.

Edited by LakeGeorg
  • Love 12

For the immigrant issue, even though these people may not speak English all that well, many of them do have proper degrees that are not applicable here. I know someone who was a manager in one country, but when they came here to Canada they had to work at a pizza shop, because their admin degree didn't count here. It would be great for them to learn English, but when you're supporting a family you're going to take any job available.

However! And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think I can tolerate Tomi more than Meghan if she were on the show. Meghan has shown that she can't handle confrontation and she reads her points more than actually engaging in a conversation. I feel like Tomi, while hateful, can actual have a conversation and own her thoughts and positions. I also feel like she doesn't take herself as seriously and can joke around when the need arises.  Still hateful, but she has conversation skills....

I'm surprised that Meghan wasn't as spirited during the topic of Kelly insulting her dad. Everyone on the panel showed more emotion, while Meghan, who I feel is in a difficult position, didn't really say anything. It's kind of weird when you think about it. She feels like she has to defend Trump's base, but if they can't even strongly condemn an insult like this then you don't need to toe the party line.

• Love 2
(edited)

I laughed out loud when Meggy said she has never lied on television.  I also laughed when she was talking about the Schlapps walking out of the White House Correspondents' Dinner to get to the after party, because, in order for her to know that, she had to have been reading the long twitter tirade against the Schlapps that Kathy Griffin wrote over the weekend.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 16

Are you kidding me? There are people calling this woman a victim? No one is fabricating her words. It's not like her comments are classified. She wasn't shooting the shit in her backyard. She was at WORK. If you feel brave enough to make those comments at work, then don't be a coward when you're made to face the music. She can piss off. Forget an apology, she needs to feed her soul with some light because it's gotta be hella dark in there to even think what she did, let alone utter the words outline.

Tomi Lahren is a dumbass who has been given a platform because she's blonde and considered attractive and she tailors her argument to a certain base. Just because you try to re-write history and say it with conviction doesn't make it so. The day her self-righteous and deluded self disappears from my TV screen can't come soon enough. Sunny put her on blast and it was beautiful. Use her own history to expose her own hypocrisy.

I skipped the Terrence Howard interview. He seems like an oddball. I assume I didn't miss much.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'm surprised that Meghan wasn't as spirited during the topic of Kelly insulting her dad. Everyone on the panel showed more emotion, while Meghan, who I feel is in a difficult position, didn't really say anything. It's kind of weird when you think about it. She feels like she has to defend Trump's base, but if they can't even strongly condemn an insult like this then you don't need to toe the party line.

It is weird.  The base has once called for her father's death, at one of the President's rally.  Her constant defense of the base boggles my mind.  She will never repudiate anybody with an R, after their name. 

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

I think it's in such poor taste that they did a riff on Black Lives Matter.  I think it's disrespectful

Absolutely agree. It is also nonsensical while simultaneously dismissing the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprised Becky McCain is championing this.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

Sunny was feeling it today.  Loved her research.  I have to give it up to her because Whoopi can be so dismissive but Sunny just pushes on and has fun while doing it.

I've read the stories about how Terrence Howard beats women.  Skipping that interview.

I think it's in such poor taste that they did a riff on Black Lives Matter.  I think it's disrespectful.

Wow!!  Another newbie ... Welcome!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Apprentice79 beat me to it but thank the Lord it was only a clip. I don't think I could bare watching her for an entire show. 

42 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Absolutely agree. It is also nonsensical while simultaneously dismissing the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprised Becky McCain is championing this.

I cringed.

56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I laughed out loud when Meggy said she has never lied on television.  I also laughed when she was talking about the Schlapps walking out of the White House Correspondents' Dinner to get to the after party, because, in order for her to know that, she had to have been reading the long twitter tirade against the Schlapps that Kathy Griffin wrote over the weekend.

And she said it with a straight face! Comedy gold!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Based on the way Joy looked at her when she made the comment about leaks being given to the Daily Mail,  I'd say yes.   

Love Terrance the actor, but Terrance the man is crazy (or maybe a genius?).

Does anyone have a link or can tell us what the Daily Mail reported? I can't find it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Applause for Sunny today for her research on Tomi.  How can anyone, with her history, talk this shit?  

OK now, has hell frozen over or do I see Meg backing away from her stance on immigration and agreeing more with the others on some things?  She was laughing today.  I am a little hungover, that must be it.  My children made me drink too much.  :)  They live in different states but I am sticking to my story.  

ETA. MM was pretty funny upon learning that Joy and dinner with Avenatti and didn't mention it until the sixth segment.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Wings said:

ETA. MM was pretty funny upon learning that Joy and dinner with Avenatti and didn't mention it until the sixth segment.  

She sounded jealous that Joy was at a party Christy Brinkley threw.  That shows the difference between Joy and Meghan.  Joy didn't/doesn't find it necessary to name drop.

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, Wings said:

MM was pretty funny upon learning that Joy and dinner with Avenatti and didn't mention it until the sixth segment.

Hah! Since she thinks Paul Ryan is hot, she must be nuts about Avenatti's looks. He's the poster boy for half my liberal friends!

• Love 11
Just now, ChicagoCita said:

Hah! Since she thinks Paul Ryan is hot, she must be nuts about Avenatti's looks. He's the poster boy for half my liberal friends!

Add me to that list.  LOL.  I think he is smoking hot.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Add me to that list.  LOL.  I think he is smoking hot.

Me too. My husband asked if I was stalking MA? He said everytime I see you watching the news that guy is on there.....it might also be that I gush like a fan girl about MA. I feel no shame. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She sounded jealous that Joy was at a party Christy Brinkley threw.  That shows the difference between Joy and Meghan.  Joy didn't/doesn't find it necessary to name drop.

Meg is desperate to be relevant, popular and sought after.  

• Love 13

This is what Sunny was referring to about Tomi Lahren and her hateful comments on today's show. (BTW, my great-grandparents came to this county from Germany in 1891 with low skills and low education. They never did learn English because Chicago was so segregated they never had to. They had nine children and there are approximately 400 descendants. We have served in the military, gone to college, and love our country. How dare "Xenophobic Rage Barbie" talk that way about immigrants? Her ancestors would be mortified.) #resistancegenealogy FTW!

• Love 21

Tomi's time is nearly up. She's nothing but a parrot anyway. I haven't heard one original thought come from her mouth. She'll be hawking weird juices or herbs and blogging away her anger into her stupid little blog. Kind of like what Sarah Palin does now. 

• Love 17