Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Jennifer & Marissa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Guys, I missed the first part.  Can someone catch me up on the horrific backstory?

Mom was molested. Bounced from man to man. Had first kid at 16, 2nd kid at 18. And possibly a 3rd kid somewhere. All with different father's Relies on daughter to do everything for her. Daughter is 26 and had a job before they moved to Houston. Oh and Mom's new boyfriend got her addicted to drugs but she is clean now.

• Love 4

Six days on the road? Does that sound right coming from Oregon? I don't know.

Uh oh, wrong apartment, no power in the new apartment? Marissa saying she should e taken care of the arrangements......... Passive-aggressive much?

• Love 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

So if Jennifer is so bad at doing these things why did they let her do them? Why didn't someone take charge of renting the apartment or at least double check the rental details? 

Because Marissa is totally sick of doing everything herself.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Well at least they got some exercise looking for the apartment.....

Hahaha, I was just thinking "you climbed up those stairs for nothing!"

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have always had to watch my weight, where are all the chubby chasers? I am always with men I don't want to even wear a bathing suit in front of. Of course I probably have higher standards than some of these people but still......

A lot of men like plus sized ladies. Now they like plus size ladies with jobs, cute faces, decent clothes who can hold a conversation and are productive members of society. I see why Dwayne liked Marissa when they first met.

Many of these men are black and Latino, although I’ve found lots of white guys like big women too, but they aren’t as vocal about it unless they want to be caregiver types. 

Men are not that hard to find. Now quality(Personality wise) men with high earning potential and at the top of the social heirarchy are not easy to find, but none of the male partners on this show (even the ones who were good decent people) fit that description. In the heteronormative sexual market place women have their appearance (primarily) and men have their earning potential (primarily). The women on this show have been with “low status” men (not speaking of their character).

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 10
Just now, CalpurniaF said:

What a whiner! How has she gone this far through life if little things like this faze her?

I guess we have an answer to the "whiner or winner" question from the last thread.

Haven't seen any hot dogs, though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I'll date anyone who's willing to support me while I sit around all day on the PTV forums.

Look me up, ladieeees!

All you need to do is give some sponge baths, wipe butt, and do food runs, you just need to find yourself a 600 pounder.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I'll date anyone who's willing to support me while I sit around all day on the PTV forums.

Look me up, ladieeees!

Okay, it's on like Donkey Kong.  *dons fake butt wings to look more appealing*

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Six days on the road? Does that sound right coming from Oregon? I don't know.

Should have taken about 3. Between stopping all the time, and not driving at night, it made it take forever. 

• Love 5
Just now, IOU Payne said:

Okay, it's on like Donkey Kong.  *dons fake butt wings to look more appealing*

Youve inspired me to buy Lee Press On Tattoos and a 5# bag of sugar...

• Love 15

"I'm scared" "Our lives depend on it."

This is, what? The fourth or fifth time they've said this over the past hour?

Just now, MsVixen said:

Is their such a thing as "food addiction"?  I believe that it was a made up "illness" to excuse not being able to lose weight.

There actually is, studies show the effects of high sugar / carb having some similarities to alcohol or drug addiction in the brain.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Is their such a thing as "food addiction"?  I believe that it was a made up "illness" to excuse not being able to lose weight.

It's no different than any addiction. Look it up. They wouldn't be the size they are if they weren't addicted. Just sayin...

• Love 12