Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Jennifer & Marissa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

OK, who's thinking there's a lot of telegraphing here from Dr Now, "Hopefully there will be nothing to stop us [from doing the surgery]." 

17 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

What the hell kind of steak is that?

And where the hell is Dawayne? Didn't he just move to Houston? Who would he know there to "get in trouble with?"

I'm calling booze. Don't wanna eat when you're liquored up.

Edited by Shnoopy
Typo
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, hoosiermomma said:

Dr. Now has a marathon day

I believe most bariatric surgeons do several procedures in one day. They often only do the surgeries one or two days per week.

• Love 4
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

OK, who's thinking there's a lot of telegraphing here from Dr Now, "Hopefully there will be nothing to stop us [from doing the surgery]." 

I thought the same thing as we go to commercial break.  Foreshadowing?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Guaca-mole? Sounds like whack-a-mole. lol

Hey, if you’re gonna live in Texas, you'll need to learn how to pronounce guacamole!!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Stusan said:

Seems like he’s only doing the gastric sleeve these days. 

There’s got to be a joke there, but I can’t find it. Anyone?

Something about those ubiquitous cold-shoulder shirts...(which I believe one of them was wearing, with the open sleeve to the elbow)...

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Seems like he’s only doing the gastric sleeve these days. 

There’s got to be a joke there, but I can’t find it. Anyone?

On a different episode, Dr. Now mentioned that the distance from the end of the esophagus to the small intestine is too great. These people’s abdomen stretch so much that the logistics  don’t work out. It’s easier for them to do a sleeve and not have to reconnect things. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Azubah said:

I believe most bariatric surgeons do several procedures in one day. They often only do the surgeries one or two days per week.

Gastric sleeve takes about two hours.  Gastric bypass about four hours.  I'm guessing that Dr. Now does the sleeve procedure on his "larger" patients to reduce the possible complications that can occur by them being under anesthesia for longer period of time and the bypass is more complicated than the sleeve.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Dang. My bed is going to shit and I REALLY want one of those purple mattresses. I’ve been researching awhile and it looks kind of awesome. 

Money though. Ugh. 

Don't bother- it's the "next big thing" that is completely useless... I work for a mattress manufacturer and the purple thing is just the latest (useless) trend...

• Love 6
1 minute ago, leFay said:

Don't bother- it's the "next big thing" that is completely useless... I work for a mattress manufacturer and the purple thing is just the latest (useless) trend...

Oooh!  If you have suggestions, I’m all ears!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Nothing to stop you from deep frying a turkey in there, either.

tenor.gif?itemid=4674808

1 minute ago, Any day now said:

Lol! My daughter ( who is away at school  but always watches with me when she’s home) just texted me: Hello Mudder?

My father refers to my mom as "your mudder"

• Love 4
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

We have a HoosierMom and HoosierMomma posting here? What is this an episode of The Middle? 

I had no idea there was another hoosier posting when i registered.  It's and Indiana thing.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, leFay said:

I have a seat pad made out of this. It works great and I love it!

5 minutes ago, WillowG said:

Wine break!?

Just now?  I'm an hour into my bottle.  :)

You guys, this is really dull.  I changed the channel 15 minutes ago and just came back and they look/sound exactly the same.

• Love 4

Um, how much "protecting" was Marissa doing of Jennifer when Jennifer dumped her on her own mother when she and Duwayne went off to do meth (or whatever)? 

Both of these women are delusional.