Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Jennifer & Marissa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

In two weeks we get Melissa with a whole two-hour update (after eleven years!) all to herself.

Her original episode was one of the best, back then they showed more of how they coped after surgery. I hope she dumped her cheating husband.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

You're preaching to the choir here. My mom wrings her hands because she worries about me not having a husband (I am divorced with a child and happy just to date my long term boyfriend and keep my own place). And I do feel like the oddball when all my relatives are married.

Imagine the grief you’d get if you had no boyfriend! Of course there is nothing wrong with having a boyfriend or a husband if one wants one, but women face so much pressure  to have one that these creeps can prey on vulnerable stressed out single Moms who need financial support. 

Not that things such as child abuse don’t cross ALL demographics, but when Mom is financially dependent on the creep the kids are more vulnerable. Jennifer was only 16 when her daughter was born....

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, zoemom said:

How ironic.......now there's a commercial on for Kyleena IUD's!

lol...my friend has a teenage daughter name Kylene. I wonder what he thinks of that particular product name. ;)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Concerned said:

They don’t live in the South. They live in Bend, Oregon. You would think they would be aware of the basics of nutrition — that they should eat vegetables, not biscuits and gravy. That they need to exercise. That they should sit around the house eating. Dr. Now doesn’t have secret eating advice. They live in a progressive community with lots of resources.

I do live in the south, and I love me some biscuits and gravy. But it’s a rare treat.  Even us hillbillies are savvy to veggies :)

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LordOfLotion said:

I mean make some slippers out of mops and spray them down with s*** and span before you walk or something... There are ways to get a job like that done if you are especially lazy like I am...

I too am a lazy ass. And I take the kitchen towel that needs a wash and run it over the kitchen floor. Then wash that bitch in hot water.  But my floors don't get that dirty cuz I spot clean.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Wait...she hid an entire pregnancy and birth from her husband? Neat trick.

What?!?!?  I missed that.

BTW, howdy y'all.  I'm eating White Castle burgers and pretzels plus a coke.  See Dr. Now, no pork.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The daughter seems to have a weird fixation on her mother. Honey. You are not 11. You're 26! I can see a young child wanting to be with Mommy all the time, but Marissa's a grown woman. 

Yes but Jennifer was an addict and she and Dwayne were in the throes of addiction a good part of Marissa’s childhood (that’s why she lived with her grandparents for a number of years). It seems Jennifer was a loving Mom when she was sober, so I see Marissa wanting to make up for lost time. 

Not to say they don’t need therapy to address these things, but given the situation I’m not surprised. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

In two weeks we get Melissa with a whole two-hour update (after eleven years!) all to herself. 

Wow.  Probably a lot of flashback, but she was part of the initial study.  Looking forward to that one.

• Love 4
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I do live in the south, and I love me some biscuits and gravy. But it’s a rare treat. 

Never had biscuits and gravy, this show isn't doing it any favors. :) I am a night owl so my breakfast is a poptart on the go.

• Love 2

"I can't believe I have to get three seats." 

"Let me alleviate this burden by eating this loaf of bread."

There's really no whining, no huffing & puffing, no one yelling about their LAIIIIIGGGGG and no one having a gigantic meltdown getting stuffed onto a plane... yawn...

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Ack!!  I had every intention of joining at the start of the show tonight. But I got distracted by a phone call. Hi everyone! My dinner is Pasta Roni and box wine. Let’s get this party started. 

Box wine is the bestest :)

• Love 3
Just now, QuinnInND said:

636 for mom. 

573 for daughter. 

They're shocked. Seriously? Wtf did you think? And you need to get your weight down too, kid. 

I thought Marissa may be more like 400. They may be short though...

• Love 3