Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Schenee's Story

• Start Topic

Devastated by two miscarriages due to her weight, Schenee is desperate to start a family and stop relying on her husband, Freddie, to take care of her; she hopes weight loss surgery will be able to fix her fertility issues as well as her marriage.

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the US East Coast showing.

Pounders, What do we do? We avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

ETA: looks like she's still doing the art and stylz or whatever llc she had going but isn't with the one company. What. Evs. She's also catching a TON of criticism from the show on her FB page. 

Wow- I thought we were bad.  They are brutal on there.

• Love 15
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Kid said:

Did the outcome surprise anybody????

That woman is an addict in the middle of a full-blown addiction and nothing and nobody is going to get between her and her fix.

She needed to hear a little parable I heard in an open AA meeting one night:

It was flooding and a cop knocked on the door of a house and told the man inside “come on you have to evacuate. The water is rising.”  The man said no God will save me. So the water was up to the second floor. A man in a boat came to the second-floor window and told the man in the house “come into the boat.  The water is still rising. “ The man in the house said “no God will save me.” Finally, the man is on the roof because the water has risen past the second floor. A man in a helicopter comes and tells the man on the roof to grab the line because the water is still rising. The man on the roof said “no God will save me.” Well, the man on the roof drowns.   So the man who drowned gets to heaven and says to God, “what the hell?”  God says, “ I sent you a policeman, I sent you boat, and I sent you a helicopter. What more did you want me to do?”

This woman evidently never heard that story. 

Never heard that one, though it is totally on point.  My favorite addiction analogy  is Carrie Fisher's story of the bathtub full of coke from her book,  Postcards from the Edge, which was nothing like the movie. There is never more than one bottle of wine in our house.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

What was she doing with the bleach? 

Is she going to yell and lecture people through the whole episode?

She used it to wash herself. Apparently diluted in water.  And yes. Yes she is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

TLC used to have a show called "My Strange Addiction" and one episode featured a woman who bathed daily in bleach.  Now I'm wondering if it was her and she's just trying to make the reality tv show rounds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Okay, I had to google it. Apparently dilute bleach baths (WebMD says 4 ounces to at least 40 gallons of water) are used for dermatitis caused by skin infections like MRSA. Didn't she say something about flesh-eating bacteria on her leg? (Though the other link I clicked on didn't recommend it as a long-term solution.)

• Love 12
(edited)

I’m shocked that she can get out of bed at all. Youth is on her side, I guess...Not for long though. I just started watching and she hasn’t shown her crazy yet, but I’m sure it starts soon. I took a looksie at her FB and we are indeed kind compared to the comments there. Yikes!

Oh! The dreaded weigh in. I don’t think her mom weighs much less. ?

Edited by AntAnn
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

She's no longer selling the cheap jewelry according to the paparazzi consultant site. Her personal FB pages lists her as a home health care but the pictures don't look like she's lost any weight so I'm not sure what kind of care she's able to give. Lord Jesus.... help us all!!!! 

ETA: looks like she's still doing the art and stylz or whatever llc she had going but isn't with the one company. What. Evs. She's also catching a TON of criticism from the show on her FB page. 

Little Miss "I Went to College" doesn't know how to lock down her Facebook page. Maybe they have a class for that along with medical billing and coding. You can do medical billing and coding without a class, incidentally. I don't know how that's even a thing.

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Thanks sainte-chapellethat's when dear browbeatened supportive Freddy was trying to backup her nasty, disrespectful treatment of Dr. Now during that infamous phone call with him and Freddy said that Dr. Now wasn't used to someone with her "knowledgement." These two make Dumb and Dumber look like Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

She has a lot of edumacation. 

• Love 13

Whew.

38 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

So why did she agree to do the show if she wasn't planning on even trying to follow the program?

I had many things I'd have replied to on the live chat, but the above is the big thing.  
We see others who start out big, and backslide, but most of them really mean to try, but Schenee?  She had to know what was in store.
Someone said they wanted their 2 hours back.  Hey, I enjoyed mine, and especially all time reading the live chat.
Does she have some type of personality problem, because she really doesn't take to disagreement.
And Freddie earns his keep.

• Love 15

I've now decided to fast forward to the end of the episodes (I tape them and watch about an hour later) to see if the person has ever gotten the surgery. If they haven't , or we don't see it until the very end, I know that there will be problems with the patient sticking to the diet. 

It's a shame, but I don't think Schenee is going to live that much longer. I'm a little surprised that TLC still aired the episode, but I guess once she was paid, they own the rights to the show and decided to air it anyway, despite the outcome.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

It's a shame, but I don't think Schenee is going to live that much longer. I'm a little surprised that TLC still aired the episode, but I guess once she was paid, they own the rights to the show and decided to air it anyway, despite the outcome.

This is TLC. I’m more surprised they didn’t park some unpaid intern at the grocery stores and fast food joints closest to the apartment with a camera and sneak a bunch of secret footage of the husband coming out with heaps of food. Anyone know if she moved back to Indiana? I am guessing her latest excuse is she couldn’t lose weight without her mom there, even though I suspect we only saw the tip of the iceberg of her personality based on her mother pointing out how nasty she turns the second she doesn’t get her way.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Noirprncess said:

So why did she agree to do the show if she wasn't planning on even trying to follow the program? She really could have stayed home and followed a internet based diet.

Only if the diet was to eat Freddie's weight in food every day.

• Love 14

Freddy looks like Bud from the Cosby show all grown up. Run, Bud, run.

Schenee (really?) was a piece of work. I'm so glad that Dr. Now called her on her crap. Even Dr. BV gently let her know what's what. I'm not surprised Schenee quit after her blatant manipulation failed to work. She's not interested in learning, changing, or doing anything for herself. She just wants to take what she can from others without expending any effort. Maybe when she gets older she'll have a change in attitude or her body breaks down enough to really force her to seek help again. Too bad that it will be so much harder then...if she makes it that long.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

IKR? I have a lot of faith in God myself, but one thing I cannot stand is a hypocrite who uses God to manipulate others. She was a straight up bitch to Dr. Now, and if she was praying for an answer to help her lose weight, Dr. Now WAS THAT ANSWER! What an ungrateful, nasty person. To quote Family Guy (of all things!) "What's the use of praying to God if you're just going to wipe your butt with his answers!"

Or in her case, have Freddy wipe her ass with his answers. ;-)

I'll see myself out.

Tee hee, brilliant!

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked that she came from Indianapolis, because that's where I live.  In that opening establishing shot, I was trying to figure out where they were filming it from.  I could see Salesforce Tower in the background.  I need to take a longer look at that.

An unfortunate ending.  She needs to lose the weight, but she just doesn't have the psychological strength to do it.  I usually don't get angry at the participants, more frustrated.  I am finding that this season is a lot less exploitative than last season.

I loved the part where Dr. Now said "You have been in your body for 28 years but I have been practicing medicine for twice that long."  Sick burn!

Next week's episode seems to be the finale of the regular season.  After that, they move into followups from previous years.

7 hours ago, Kid said:

Did the outcome surprise anybody????

That woman is an addict in the middle of a full-blown addiction and nothing and nobody is going to get between her and her fix.

She needed to hear a little parable I heard in an open AA meeting one night:

I love that parable.  I think of that a lot when someone points to the indifference of God.

Edited by RayAdverb
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Noirprncess said:

She said she can't eat spaghetti without sugar.  What the what?  I'm so confused over that statement.

I've heard of that, although it's not putting sugar on the spaghetti.  It's mixing it in the sauce.  At least the way I heard it.  I've long wanted to try it but it seems like it'd be difficult to get just the right amount of sugar to enhance the flavor without making it too sweet.  Spaghetti and tomato sauce are already pretty sweet though.  The starches sort of break down during cooking it seems.

I love spaghetti but try to avoid it because I become a gluttonous monster if I get near any.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, CarolMK said:

<snip>. I'm a little surprised that TLC still aired the episode, but I guess once she was paid, they own the rights to the show and decided to air it anyway, despite the outcome.

I'm wondering if she DID get paid. In that little blurb at the end of the show (right before the scene of Dr. Nowzaradan trying to call her), it said she refused to continue filming and wouldn't take Dr. Nowzaradan's calls. If she refused to continue filming, wouldn't that be breach of contract and perhaps relieve them of the obligation to pay her? IDK. Just thinking "out loud" here...

@RayAdverb: My mom used to do this, and I do it too. The sugar is used to balance the acidity of the tomatoes. But, we're only talking about using less than a tablespoon for a huge pot of sauce (i.e. making 4+ quarts to freeze for future meals for a normal family).  If the sauce tastes sweet you've added too much! The acidity issue is more of a problem when using canned tomatoes - if one were using tomatoes from their garden, depending on the variety, the sauce may not need it.

Somehow I don't think that's what Schenee meant. though - does anyone here believe any members of that family takes the time to cook homemade sauce?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I'm always mystified by people who tell completely obvious lies.  And she told a lot of them -- the pizza, water weight, etc.   I mean, if you're going to lie all the time, at least be good at it.

and she was preaching about God ,how sad for her....Meanwhile ignoring gluttony is a sin so is lying....Thank God she doesn't have children.

Edited by AVM
  • Love 20
(edited)
9 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

. When people show you who they really are, BELIEVE THEM!

OMG amen!!!  And, eventually, they always show you who they are!!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10
(edited)

I checked out her page. Schenee's got her own personal army of drones ready to attack anybody who says anything remotely negative. I'm thinking that they are all Schenee because they all attack the same way. The person says something and then the drone goes to that person's page and gets a nice quote from the person's page, like, "Practice Kindness" or whatever and then says something like, "Too bad you don't do that."

Either she has lots of friends (doubtful), or lots of time (more likely).

Yes, I did take the time to check out her page, but I don't have time to make an army of drones and then summon them to my defense.

Or maybe they are just her church friends.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I checked out her page. Schenee's got her own personal army of drones ready to attack anybody who says anything remotely negative. I'm thinking that they are all Schenee because they all attack the same way. The person says something and then the drone goes to that person's page and gets a nice quote from the person's page, like, "Practice Kindness" or whatever and then says something like, "Too bad you don't do that."

Either she has lots of friends (doubtful), or lots of time (more likely).

Yes, I did take the time to check out her page, but I don't have time to make an army of drones and then summon them to my defense.

Or maybe they are just her church friends.

I guess she choose to ignore Dr.Now's warning about being over a thousand pounds if she did not stop eating ?

• Love 3