Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Schenee's Story

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

BTW, I've come up with what I think is a great phonetic "nickname" for Schenee . . . "O'Schenee" (pronounced Oceanay).  It would take an ocean of water retention to make her weigh almost 700 pounds.

Oceanay, there's a whale joke brewing but I can't put it to words

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I hope someone takes those dogs away from her and put them in a loving home. Please.....

So many of these morbidly obese bed ridden people have dogs.  I worry so about the dogs.  

And in this case the poor things were confined to small cages outside the home.  They probably never get out for walks in the park or get to eat anything other than pizza and junk.

• Love 6
(edited)

She also says "They is" instead of They are ALL the time. Dey is so good dese shrimp. That makes her sound very knowledged. Her knowledgement was that her body is swollen with water?

Also there is a company in the Midwest that makes gigantic caskets for the morbidly obese and their business is BOOMING

this the most detailed thing I have EVER read, about what to do when your 800 pound relative dies, this person who wrote this is very knowledged and knows his shit

Planning the oversize funeral will challenge your skills and perseverance.  Check everything, and assume nothing.  Remember, everything will take three to five times longer.

they should make these people read this, to see what a big fucking mess they are leaving their loved ones after they go.

http://www.oversizecasket.com/funeralprofessional.html

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 16
51 minutes ago, aliya said:

What is this "hotel with feet" thing I've been seeing?  I understand maybe 'refrigerator with feet,' but don't get the hotel reference.

That sounds like a reference to Whitney Way Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

55 minutes ago, leFay said:

Just the fact that she did NOTHING to lose ANY amount of weight (except for when she was hospitalized) shows me that they only went on this show for attention, money (?), publicity, etc... She probably thinks she'll get a reality show like that other hotel with feet that's on TLC...

I think she did sincerely want to lose weight.  All the participants do.  But she wanted it in the same way I want to be rich; magically, and without any effort on her part.

• Love 18
(edited)

OMG I just saw Freddy's job on his FB page!  He's a packer at an Amazon warehouse.  So next time you use your Amazon prime account, know the reality of who touched all your stuff.

His quote is pretty ironic, after seeing him lift up massive "folds" of flesh to clean his wife, "Hard working husband thats in love we are Hawkins an we Dont fold for no man But God........"

Edited by Trees
To remove the bad comments about holding an AZ job. It's honest work.
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Kenzie said:

She does absolutely nothing yet she blamed "stress" for missing appointments, not seeing a counselor, not dieting and not exercising.

This reminds me of Catfish, and when they offer the catfish a chance to meet the ostensible love of their life, they'll stall and say, "I've got a lot of things goin' on right now."

1 hour ago, leFay said:

I guess in the case of these 600#+ people, a hotel is much larger than a refrigerator... 

Well yes, but don't forget, this is someone with TWO refrigerators.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Trees said:

Anyway, until now, James, Assanti and Marla were my most despised patients.  This one totally tops the list.  I watched part of the "Super-sized" last night and they said in one of their text boxes that it has been 6 years since she has been able to use the toilet by herself!!!!

Geez!  Any normal, decent person would be humbled by one day of being unable to take care of those basic needs - to have one's privates wiped like a little baby.  6 years and she carrys on like she's queen of the world.  Despicable person.

What a delightful anecdote! Yuck. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Trees said:

Every time I watch this show, I think of the business opportunity... A multi-purpose facility in Houston for the morbidly obese!

After re-watching Pauline last night, I see a need for a compound for people who aren't trying, and never will, and their family caretakers can move them here to live with other people who are "doing it at my pace," and "my way."
Then Freddy, and Pauline's son, and others currently indentured by 600 pounders, can have a life.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Azubah said:

They come with benefits, though. 

I mentioned it more for the point about "that's who is touching your stuff when you buy Amazon Prime."  I own a business that sells clothing on Amazon (we do our own shipping, though) and it's alarming to know how badly Amazon treats its warehouse workers.  That said, yay for Freddy for holding down a job.  

• Love 6

Whilst reading the comments on her FB page this morning I came across a post that said she has retained a LAWYER with regards to her appearance on the show.

why am I surprised?

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Whilst reading the comments on her FB page this morning I came across a post that said she has retained a LAWYER with regards to her appearance on the show.

why am I surprised?

For the love of God! 

• Love 3

“Trees:

Every time I watch this show, I think of the business opportunity…A multi-purpose facility in Houston for the morbidly obese!

• The months Dr. Now keeps somebody in the hospital?  This facility would take them for less $ than the hospital.
  • The patients who need a place to stay briefly for their consults?  Short-term living.
  • Out-patient, open-to-the-public classes on healthy eating, cooking, food awareness, “chair-yoga”, etc.
  • Food addiction treatment out-patient
  • Long-term living, like a nursing, for the morbidly obese, with transport to doctor appointments.  This would allow patients to move their alone instead of with all their families.
  • A ‘go-to” weight loss support “fat farm” camp type of place.”

I have often wonder wondered about this myself. Another selling point: the therapist(s) could come to the facility and meet with the patient then there would be no way for the patient to skip out on their appointment.  The more mobile patients could also do some type of work at the facility to earn their keep.  Maybe because of the initial cost or logistics trying to get the facility off the ground Dr. Now does not want to do this. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Azubah said:

They come with benefits, though. 

Biggest benefit . . . it gets him away from her during the hours he's working.

1 minute ago, Motor City said:

The more mobile patients could also do some type of work at the facility to earn their keep.  Maybe because of the initial cost or logistics trying to get the facility off the ground Dr. Now does not want to do this. 

Or maybe Dr. Now is too smart to invest his money in a facility full of potential employees who have demonstrated that the hardest work they want to do is shoveling food into their mouths, with patients who have proven they have no desire to become well enough to be employees.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Dharma said:

Wathing this on my DVR. This "do you believe in God" part is the funniest shit I have ever seen on this show or TV in a long time.

It’s even funnier when you rewatch it, knowing that her pants were pulled down as she blasted that knowledged intelligement.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

It’s even funnier when you rewatch it, knowing that her pants were pulled down as she blasted that knowledged intelligement.

LOL.  You know that the production company is going to enter that whole "Do you believe in God" scene into evidence . . . her demands and pontificating while sitting on the toilet with her pants down . . . "CASE DISMISSED!!!"

Wow.  Just.  Wow.

Freddy must be grateful that she can at least make it to any kind of toilet.  Can you imagine the sheer QUANTITY of poop that people who eat that much must produce?

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, kicotan said:

why am I surprised?

But does he believe in God?

• Love 13
On 4/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, LGGirl said:

This woman cannot take responsibility for herself.  Her mindset is that everyone has to take care of her.  My guess is she went to Dr Now because she thought she would magically lose weight.  He would do all the work for her.  

She and Freddy are two dregs.   Really feel no sympathy for either. 

At least they are unable to procreate.  Can you imagine more of these people?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

When you get your man, just keep him in your folds. Let him out for 2 hours each day for showers and meals.

I laughed very loudly at this for several minutes.

22 hours ago, dahling said:

Let's not even get into the brilliant non-plan of "moving" to Houston without a place to live, AND knowing she hadn't done a damn thing to lose weight and had no intention of changing her eating habit. Maybe that's too much knowledge and intelligement for my limited intellect. 

I love how we all say "eating habit" now.

15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

"I graduated high school at 16!" Yes because that trumps Dr. Nows credentials. You are right she is a nasty woman.

She graduated at 16 from her tiny private Christian school--either the curriculum was severely limited, or they graduated her to get rid of her. Can you imagine her attitude on a teenager? Oy.

47 minutes ago, kicotan said:

why am I surprised?

One of those ambulance chasers you see on TV, I'll bet. "He looks like he is knowledged,  and he's wearing a nice suit."

27 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She miscarried twice already. I highly doubt she will ever get pregnant again. 

Thank heavens. Think of how bad we feel for her pets. Some child has been spared a hellish life.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, LGGirl said:

I agree. Guess there is a God. ?

But do you believe in Him, LGGirl?  Dass a simple querschin.  DO YOU BELIEVE IN HIM?  This conversation is over.  Have a blessed day!

• Love 19
16 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I'm finally watching this week's episode and I just have to say that I don't condone shaming, but I'm always confused as to what reaction they think they're going to get at the grocery store? So many of them talk about how humiliating it is, but they can't walk through the grocery store due to their weight yet they're buying cases of soda, sides of bacon, and enough snack foods to own stock in Little Debbie and Frito Lay, I mean, hell I would look, too.

I was thinking about that, too.  Even if they were not buying such gross foods, I'd turn to look at someone who was so out of the range of typical body sizes.  I wouldn't stare or say anything mean, but I'd take a look. 

I'm sure it's very hurtful to attract that kind of attention when you're at the grocery store, and if it were me, I'd make damn sure my cart was full of fresh vegetables, lean meats and skim milk!  Then I'd send someone else to buy me my Little Debbies.

I have a friend with a very noticeable disability, and when people stare at him, he turns around to face them and says "Ta-dah!" which is great because it usually makes people laugh, and it humanizes my friend.  But I don't think any of these patients have the self-confidence to confront their starers like that.

• Love 7

so no one read my link above about all the complications involved in trying to bury an 800 pound body? You need straps and a forklift, you need to check doorways, a hydraulic lift is a good idea but get the straps on properly or you will have leakage or break the casket. Don't let the funeral guests see it look like the body has been stuffed into the coffin. You need a special oversized urn, make sure you check the doorways, a gynasium is a good place to have the funeral because you can take the wider doors off....

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I'm thinking she beats Lisa, Pauline, Penny, the Assanti bros and James K... COMBINED.  (Did I leave anyone out?)

You forgot Marla.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Trees said:

If I recall correctly, Freddy explained that "we lookin' for a place that ain't all nasty." 

Freddy said he was waiting to see where they'd would be placed that wasn't nasty, so I'm guessing some sort of section 8, or something like that. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

so no one read my link above about all the complications involved in trying to bury an 800 pound body? You need straps and a forklift, you need to check doorways, a hydraulic lift is a good idea but get the straps on properly or you will have leakage or break the casket. Don't let the funeral guests see it look like the body has been stuffed into the coffin. You need a special oversized urn, make sure you check the doorways, a gynasium is a good place to have the funeral because you can take the wider doors off....

Oh gosh, yes. You can't have normal pallbearers, the coffin alone is going to weigh a lot add an obese body and its too much.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trees said:

I mentioned it more for the point about "that's who is touching your stuff when you buy Amazon Prime."  I own a business that sells clothing on Amazon (we do our own shipping, though) and it's alarming to know how badly Amazon treats its warehouse workers.  That said, yay for Freddy for holding down a job.  

FWIW, I know someone who works at an Amazon warehouse and he says the workers are treated pretty well.  They are get good pay with lots of chances for overtime, and their benefits are insane.  Better than mine, actually.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I read it, it was funny, but I'm at work and can't post as much as I'd like.  People need to read my link about exploding bodies in crematory furnaces, too. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I have read stories about the problems when cremating very fat people.  The fat itself is the problem.   If you get my drift.

I know there are a bunch of English majors posting here, and I want to remind anyone who's read Bleak House about the spontaneous combustion of Mr. Krook and the greasy soot that covered every surface.

Edited by Mothra
hey I didn't say I could spell
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Trees said:

Every time I watch this show, I think of the business opportunity... A multi-purpose facility in Houston for the morbidly obese!

And the hospital beds should be able to be rolled into a room with shower heads along the walls and drains in the floor so they can be scrubbed down by an Oompa-Loompa type worker to make things easy.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gardendiva said:

And the hospital beds should be able to be rolled into a room with shower heads along the walls and drains in the floor so they can be scrubbed down by an Oompa-Loompa type worker to make things easy.

Forget the Oompa-Loompa workers - just install tracks in the floor and huge rotating brushes on the walls and ceilings, like a car wash!

• Love 22

I think the thing that broke the internet was her belief that if God wants her to lose weight, then the weight would drop off without effort on her part.  And her comment that “yes, if I jump off a building, God will reach out to save me” (paraphrasing, I can’t remember exact words).  If everything is predestined, then she doesn’t feel any responsibility to change it. But that isn’t the God I know. He loves us, but He also gave us free will to make our own life decisions. Often bad decisions, but that’s on us, not Him.

And the water weight discussion was just too bizarre for words.  60, 70, 80 pounds??  That might just be the icing on the cake! 

• Love 17

“AZChristian:

Or maybe Dr. Now is too smart to invest his money in a facility full of potential employees who have demonstrated that the hardest work they want to do is shoveling food into their mouths, with patients who have proven they have no desire to become well enough to be employees.”

That is a good point

• Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 5:32 AM, RayAdverb said:

I liked that she came from Indianapolis, because that's where I live.  In that opening establishing shot, I was trying to figure out where they were filming it from.  I could see Salesforce Tower in the background.  I need to take a longer look at that.

An unfortunate ending.  She needs to lose the weight, but she just doesn't have the psychological strength to do it.  I usually don't get angry at the participants, more frustrated.  I am finding that this season is a lot less exploitative than last season.

I loved the part where Dr. Now said "You have been in your body for 28 years but I have been practicing medicine for twice that long."  Sick burn!

Next week's episode seems to be the finale of the regular season.  After that, they move into followups from previous years.

I love that parable.  I think of that a lot when someone points to the indifference of God.

Hey Ray, Kokomo gal here!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

I think the thing that broke the internet was her belief that if God wants her to lose weight, then the weight would drop off without effort on her part.  And her comment that “yes, if I jump off a building, God will reach out to save me” (paraphrasing, I can’t remember exact words).  

This reminds me of the eternal paradox: “can God create a rock so big that he cannot lift it?”

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JJ1 said:

And her comment that “yes, if I jump off a building, God will reach out to save me” (paraphrasing, I can’t remember exact words).

As a very knowledged person of high intelligement, I can tell you that there is a school of thought in logic (as a branch of philosophy) that an implication (i.e. if A, then B) whose premise (A) is ontologically impossible (that is, not only is in not true in this world, but there is no possible world in which it could possibly be true) can be considered to be true (or at least not false).  So, there are logicians who would say that the statement, "If I, Schmuck-nee, a 700-pound bundle of inertia, laziness, and hostility, jump off a building, God will reach out to save me," is true, since even the omnipotent God could not possibly create a world in which it's even remotely possible for Schmuck-nee to bestir herself to go to the roof of a building and jump off of it.  The statement cannot be falsified, so it's true.

So take that intelligement, stuff it between your folds, and bleach it, bitches!

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, AuntieAndi said:

Freddy said he was waiting to see where they'd would be placed that wasn't nasty, so I'm guessing some sort of section 8, or something like that. 

I don't think you can move to another jurisdiction and get Section 8.  I'd think maybe a rental referral place, that TLC may refer them to.

Wonder if the place that was raided is available again.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I don't think you can move to another jurisdiction and get Section 8.  I'd think maybe a rental referral place, that TLC may refer them to.

Wonder if the place that was raided is available again.

I just did a quick check. You can relocate with Section 8, tho one source said your state may require you to live there for 1 year before moving.

I'm trying to write an article here before the deadline, folks... this back and forth isn't helping.

Maybe I should be like Shanaynay and keep messing with the internet and just ask God to write it for me. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm trying to write an article here before the deadline, folks... this back and forth isn't helping.

Maybe I should be like Shanaynay and keep messing with the internet and just ask God to write it for me. 

Or yell at your husband that he does nothing for you except wipe your ass and make him write the article (instead of taking a 2-hour shower).

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

And her comment that “yes, if I jump off a building, God will reach out to save me” (paraphrasing, I can’t remember exact words).  

Let's be honest.  Am I the only person that wanted her to test that belief?  Wanted her to drive herself to the 6th floor of a parking garage and say, "Here I am, Lord.  Save me, so we can show Dr. Now what a REAL belief in God is like."  

And I am not a person who wishes death on people . . . I just wanted her to stop taking the Lord's name (and ability) in vain.

• Love 15

Maybe it was not section 8 but based on their income and credit they were high risk so no one wanted them except very nasty places.  Why they did not have a place before they moved is not using all that knowledgement available on the internet these days. You can virtually apartment shop these days.

• Love 8