Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Schenee's Story

• Start Topic

Well, I knew this board would light up over that episode last night! LOL. OMG! Where do they find these people?/ I am so surprised Dr. Now didn't tell her to get lost on that phone call, especially after she said "you're not the only doctor out there."

That was unreal. Freddy was pathetic, I hope it is a lot of money he gets from her, just to be her pet dog.

There are literally no words about that character who tells him he does nothing for her, when he does everything for her. Including being her "excuse" partner to Dr. Now. 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, gardendiva said:

What is hilarious is her profile does not allow people to post on her page, so everyone is commenting on her most recent post, which happens to be a tote bag or something she has for sale. Right now there are over 100 comments on that post, all of them ripping her a new one for being a waste of oxygen basically, and one lone guy asked how much for the tote bag because his aunt would like it ?

Just sauntered over to Schenee's FB and read the comments and I am DYING. Everyone has something to say!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

What.....what did I just watch? Ok that phone call was too much, she certainly didn't care about Dr. Now thoughts on God when she was losing weight in the hospital. I am sure there are many people who would appreciate the help of such a great doctor, she stole this opportunity from a more worthy recipient. I wonder how God feels about that. "He isn't used to someone with your knowledge " oh take 5 seats Freddy and I don't care what her FB page says, when it comes to her education she is a liar who lies.

I will say it again. If an addict mouth is moving, they are lying.  And in her case, or eating. Lying or eating.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Kid said:

I will say it again. If an addict mouth is moving, they are lying.  And in her case, or eating. Lying or eating.

Amen,no difference .

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

From the contestants on this show, I've learned that God seems to be kind of a douchebag.

Ha! Me too!  I also notice how so many of the people have those gigantic crosses hanging all over their walls.  Finally I saw one around Freddy's neck.  

Crosses and tattoos - things you always see on this show.

8 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I've now decided to fast forward to the end of the episodes (I tape them and watch about an hour later) to see if the person has ever gotten the surgery. If they haven't , or we don't see it until the very end, I know that there will be problems with the patient sticking to the diet. 

It's a shame, but I don't think Schenee is going to live that much longer. I'm a little surprised that TLC still aired the episode, but I guess once she was paid, they own the rights to the show and decided to air it anyway, despite the outcome.

I'm glad they aired it.  What better way to truly demonstrate the power of food addiction.  I was just disappointed that, for all his tough words, Dr Now didn't explain to her that she's an addict, same as a junkie on the street.  

• Love 15

I am sorry I missed the live chat. My body is BIGGER so I have to eat more than others. To maintain your 658 pounds that is actually true! ha ha ha ha she is bragging about how she needs to eat that fraaahd shrimp 3-4 times a week.

I love when they say I was eating and I got really fat by age 8 then this horrible thing happened and I ate more- so at age 11 I was 200 pounds, but then THIS terrible thing  happened so it made me eat EVEN MORE but then my father died/I was molested and this caused me to turn to food......ok you were already eating all day and all night at age 11, gaining 100 pounds a year, how did you eat EVEN MORE than you already were? Yet this is on every single show! she was the perfect example. I mean she was already abusing food at age 8 and gaining rapidly.

She was awful though. That phone call! OMG so belligerent and righteous! I hate people like that. So ignorant! 

This was an interesting episode though because a lot of people get to the point of failing and being fired by Dr Now and removed from the program, get one last chance and succeed. 

I think a few things make a lot of them FINALLY get on the bandwagon? The main reason is self-awareness- they realize this is going on TV,  that they committed to all these months, they won't get paid by TLC is if they fail, they have  already moved there, they are going to die, they have already wasted a lot of time and resources. Due to that they get a realization that continuing to eat is the key to failure and makes no sense.  In short, all of these reasons the addict finally gets with the program at 1 hour and 45 minutes into the show. But not Miss I'm Intellegentickle and edutacated with my knowledgment. No self awareness, no AHA moment. Not giving a shit how she looks on TV, not giving a shit how much time and money she wasted of others. 

This is one for the Hall of Fame.

3 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

ok, so arent the voice overs done after the filming? how was that done if she refused to finish the show?

If you listen to the beginning of the show, it was not a typical voiceover, where she is reading some drippy script written by TLC. They took one of her quotes that they taped about god and used it as a voice over.

• Love 12

the thing that bothered me the most was the ER visit---totally unncessary and a huge waste of funds that could have gone elsewhere. not to mention what hubby and I would have to pay to go to the er--then the month in the hospital. again, who paid for it?? wonder why Dr Now didnt do that awful baloon he did on someone else a few weeks ago with another patient who refused to stop eating.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I am sorry I missed the live chat. My body is BIGGER so I have to eat more than others. To maintain your 658 pounds that is actually true! ha ha ha ha she is bragging about how she needs to eat that fraaahd shrimp 3-4 times a week.

I love when they say I was eating and I got really fat by age 8 then this horrible thing happened and I ate more- so at age 11 I was 200 pounds, but then THIS terrible thing  happened so it made me eat EVEN MORE but then my father died/I was molested and this caused me to turn to food......ok you were already eating all day and all night at age 11, gaining 100 pounds a year, how did you eat EVEN MORE than you already were? Yet this is on every single show! she was the perfect example. I mean she was already abusing food at age 8 and gaining rapidly.

She was awful though. That phone call! OMG so belligerent and righteous! I hate people like that. So ignorant! 

This was an interesting episode though because a lot of people get to the point of failing and being fired by Dr Now and removed from the program, get one last chance and succeed. 

I think a few things make a lot of them FINALLY get on the bandwagon? The main reason is self-awareness- they realize this is going on TV,  that they committed to all these months, they won't get paid by TLC is if they fail, they have  already moved there, they are going to die, they have already wasted a lot of time and resources. Due to that they get a realization that continuing to eat is the key to failure and makes no sense.  In short, all of these reasons the addict finally gets with the program at 1 hour and 45 minutes into the show. But not Miss I'm Intellegentickle and edutacated with my knowledgment. No self awareness, no AHA moment. Not giving a shit how she looks on TV, not giving a shit how much time and money she wasted of others. 

This is one for the Hall of Fame.

If you listen to the beginning of the show, it was not a typical voiceover, where she is reading some drippy script written by TLC. They took one of her quotes that they taped about god and used it as a voice over.

yes but ddnt she narrate the whole show??

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Rigth? Move over, Penny! Make way, Pauline! There's a new girl in town!

I think Dr.Now dodged a bullet with not doing surgery on Intellegentickle and edutacated Schenee,she was a  pain in the ass  from the start .

• Love 20
(edited)
4 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

yes but ddnt she narrate the whole show??

no she really did not, they were very good with just using stuff she was saying and using it at narration.   It does not have those typical voiceovers.  I'm rewatching now and I will pay attention to this just to be sure though.  Like when they are pulling out the car to leave for Houston, she is whining about Freddy and took stuff she was saying about having to lose and it being her last chance, but she was not reading the usual script: This is my last chance....lol

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 8

When I heard her say "I am knowledged!" after shouting about some alleged college, and then Freddy saying Dr Now must not be used to dealing with people who have her level of "intelligenced", I was thinking that this one was going to be the ultimate bitch.  That scene had to be worse than anything Penny ever said, including the "wash my own vagina" line.

Of all the stupid people that have appeared on this show, this one had to be the very dumbest.  Ignorant, uneducated, but devious and scheming.

She supports Freddy "financially"?  That's really weird.  I wonder if he has left her by now, with this disgrace having been aired to the world.  What must be wrong in his life that he has to stoop to being chained to this evil addict? Is he a felon?  

I wonder if this show airs overseas?  I hate to think of people thinking that creeps like this represent Americans.

Oh and it's so upsetting when they throw out a horrible fact, like the documented molestation when she was a child, but don't let us know if the molester faced consequences.  Did he go jail?  Is he on the registry?  Why didn't that so-called (and obese) mother of hers get therapy for that poor child after she took her to the hospital and verified the abuse?

• Love 18

Well, this was one to remember.  It's pretty bad when I am REALLY laughing out loud!

There's really not much else to say about it.  Very odd, pathetic and insulting really.  I do believe that TLC knew what they were going to get with her though.  She was likely hired for entertainment value.  But, that's too bad, because she really is in a poor state physically.  It's probably for the best that she didn't get surgery, because there is no chance that she would comply with any aftercare guidelines.  She is really hellbent on self destruction and it will happen eventually. 

• Love 9

Good lord have mercy!! This chic is something else, I can't imagine putting away the amount of food she was eating. When her mom brought in the Chinese take-out, that amount of food would have ruined before I ate it all. If she had rolled onto Freddy in the back of that van it would've been all she wrote.

• Love 10

Many years ago when I was on Weight Watchers I walked into a meeting and gained 4 pounds.  That was after gaining 4 pounds the previous week.  Bad pattern!  I was worried, but the employee mentioned water weight.  Not in a way to try and let me off the hook, because you don't want to start giving that excuse to anyone.  She asked if I had drunk anything recently.  I pointed out that I had consumed a 44 ounce diet soda on the way to the meeting (I walked there during nice weather).  She told me that 1 pint = 1 pound.  I went in dry the next day for a re-do on my weigh in.  Still a little up, but not by quite as much. 

So that's why it's so perplexing when these patients blame a weight gain on fluid retention.  It can be a factor, but a very minor one.  Schenee gained around 72 pounds.  You would have to drink 9 gallons of water to put on that much water weight.  And you'd have to do it shortly before the weigh in, before you had the chance to pee it back out.  I don't think a human body is even capable of storing that much.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Noirprncess said:

She said she can't eat spaghetti without sugar.  What the what?  I'm so confused over that statement.

I know somebody who does that.  I tried it and frankly...it was amazing.  Do not start down this rabbit hole.  

• Love 17

When I saw her, after Dr. Now told her to lose 30 lbs, and she was eating a boatload of food, I thought this isn't going to work. Everytime they showed her she was eating. Tacos (that a friend was giving her) when they were moving, the bag of some kind of chips that she were nasty (but kept eating)..... plus she has the enabler Freddy, who denied she ate the pizza! She will be 1000 easily by the end of the year, bedridden, with Freddy continuing to wipe her a-- and it will be too late. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Just sauntered over to Schenee's FB and read the comments

You might want to saunter back and find the pic of Freddy proposing to her ... outside of a pawn shop

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

You might want to saunter back and find the pic of Freddy proposing to her ... outside of a pawn shop

How romantic! I think there is a reason he doesn't drive. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
49 minutes ago, Trees said:

When I heard her say "I am knowledged!" after shouting about some alleged college, and then Freddy saying Dr Now must not be used to dealing with people who have her level of "intelligenced", I was thinking that this one was going to be the ultimate bitch.  That scene had to be worse than anything Penny ever said, including the "wash my own vagina" line.

Of all the stupid people that have appeared on this show, this one had to be the very dumbest.  Ignorant, uneducated, but devious and scheming.

She supports Freddy "financially"?  That's really weird.  I wonder if he has left her by now, with this disgrace having been aired to the world.  What must be wrong in his life that he has to stoop to being chained to this evil addict? Is he a felon?  

I wonder if this show airs overseas?  I hate to think of people thinking that creeps like this represent Americans.

Oh and it's so upsetting when they throw out a horrible fact, like the documented molestation when she was a child, but don't let us know if the molester faced consequences.  Did he go jail?  Is he on the registry?  Why didn't that so-called (and obese) mother of hers get therapy for that poor child after she took her to the hospital and verified the abuse?

Totally agree! Poor Dr. Now he gets some real pieces of work. 

As for the water retention, it does happen before menopause but it is not helped by a high level of sodium found in fast food, overeating and pizza. If she was sticking to the diet maybe would have lost 25 instead of 28 pounds due to some fluid retention. not gain 28 pounds from it. .LIAR!! I used to stick to the WW diet and if it was the week before my period I would only lose 1/2 pound or nothing but I was sticking to the diet, following week I would lose twice the usual. She had the idea in her head that she is swollen and gets swollen. If he truly followed the diet she still would have lost OMG what a lying pc of shit this girl.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

When she kept asking Dr. Now about his belief in God, I really wanted to smack her. If she had any belief in God at all, she would know how He felt about people lying, cheating and being lazy.

Dr. Now is a very respected surgeon in his field. He does not deserve the kind of abuse some of his patients subject him to while under his care. I am glad he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This woman was almost more than I could take. I am very sorry she was molested as a child and then raped as an adult ... but that does not give one permission to become a rotten person. Ever.

If she is a real believer, she would know gluttony is considered a sin. The woman ate ALL THE TIME. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, AVM said:

I guess she choose to ignore Dr.Now's warning about being over a thousand pounds if she did not stop eating ?

I think she may well hit that 1000-pound mark. She has faith.

It's so sad.

I'm starting to think that most of these people don't get bedbound and huge without cultivating some shameless yelling and squalling and manipulating.

The ones who don't get off their asses and start to get better because they can't live with the shame of it all.

I don't remember the name of that other woman who was raising hell in the emergency room? The one with the white turban? I watched with lowered volume and closed caption because it was early in the morning and I didn't want to wake up the rest of the house and the closed caption actually described it as: (SQUALLING)

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If she is a real believer, she would know gluttony is considered a sin. The woman ate ALL THE TIME. 

Exactly. Now I don't believe it's a sin to be overweight or even obese so please don't think I'm saying that (you should have seen me trying to take off baby weight... or rather, not trying...lol!), but the Bible mentions gluttony over 100 times and homosexuality only 7 if we're really going to get technical about it.

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm still trying to cleanse my soul of the pictures that Fred SwaggedOut Hawkins posted of her bending over the hood of the car in a seductive pose. 

No. She never wanted to lose. She wanted TV reality show notoriety, but thinks that Big Is Beautiful.  I'm not saying that she's wrong and god help her, at least she wears clothing, as opposed to the ones that we've seen this season that don't even fucking bother anymore, or wear the same stained t-shirts because that's all that fits.  But. she's not going to live past 35 if she keeps it up. She's a few pounds from complete immobility, bed sores and maggots in the fat folds. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think she may well hit that 1000-pound mark. She has faith.

It's so sad.

I'm starting to think that most of these people don't get bedbound and huge without cultivating some shameless yelling and squalling and manipulating.

The ones who don't get off their asses and start to get better because they can't live with the shame of it all.

I don't remember the name of that other woman who was raising hell in the emergency room? The one with the white turban? I watched with lowered volume and closed caption because it was early in the morning and I didn't want to wake up the rest of the house and the closed caption actually described it as: (SQUALLING)

Exactly. Now I don't believe it's a sin to be overweight or even obese so please don't think I'm saying that (you should have seen me trying to take off baby weight... or rather, not trying...lol!), but the Bible mentions gluttony over 100 times and homosexuality only 7 if we're really going to get technical about it.

I don't think its a sin either but if someone is going to get all sanctimonious about God, they should consider it a sin. 

And I agree, a bedridden person doesn't just happen, the enablers let it happen by catering to them and not getting them to do things for themselves. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

When she kept asking Dr. Now about his belief in God, I really wanted to smack her. If she had any belief in God at all, she would know how He felt about people lying, cheating and being lazy.

Dr. Now is a very respected surgeon in his field. He does not deserve the kind of abuse some of his patients subject him to while under his care. I am glad he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This woman was almost more than I could take. I am very sorry she was molested as a child and then raped as an adult ... but that does not give one permission to become a rotten person. Ever.

EXACTLY! Many women have been sexually abused, and it's not an excuse to become an abusive person which is what Schenay has clearly done.

I hated it when Schenay tried to use the 'abuse excuse' because it implies that every woman who has been sexually abused it destined to grow up to be a disaster of a human being, and THAT'S NOT TRUE! 

It's an insult to women.

• Love 17

My guess is that Freddy is paid to be a caretaker for her, and since that means he doesn’t have to look for or go to a traditional job, Schenee thinks it means she’s supporting him. Perhaps she thinks that he wipes her ass out of love. Maybe he does. I can’t imagine that taking care of her would be easier work than a job in a convenience store, or sweeping sidewalks, or even shoveling horse manure, for that matter.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

My guess is that Freddy is paid to be a caretaker for her, and since that means he doesn’t have to look for or go to a traditional job, Schenee thinks it means she’s supporting him. Perhaps she thinks that he wipes her ass out of love. Maybe he does. I can’t imagine that taking care of her would be easier work than a job in a convenience store, or sweeping sidewalks, or even shoveling horse manure, for that matter.

I would rather shovel horse manure .

• Love 22
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

That's pretty much how they double dip and get two monthly checks for just one indigent. He probably makes more "caring" for her than she gets just for being Schenee.  (Seeing her name written, I want to pronounce it, "Sche-NEE rather than Sche-NAY" but I digress).  Penny and Edgar did the same thing. A lot of them do. 

It's a great job. He's basically paid to sit around in his own house.

Also he seems to be very much a dependent personality. He's got to be to allow himself to be ordered around by the likes of her.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

When she hits 1000 his job will be a lot harder. He'll need help to turn her to wipe her ass, same with washing. 

• Love 7
(edited)

OMG you guys! I don't know where to even start with this one. I think, she is, hands down the worst patient EVER on this show. And I didn't think anyone could top Lisa from a few weeks ago. And this may be mean, but she seemed really dim. We've had episodes where I feel some of them have been slow or uneducated, but not straight up stupid as this woman was. Was she hoping to distract Dr. Now with talk about God? I mean, c'mon. And her husband was strange too. But at least he walked those poor dogs occasionally. FLUSTRATING all around!

BTW, I was howling out loud over many of the comments in the "live" discussion. You guys, unlike Schenanay, killed it last night!

Edited by WonTon
  • Love 11
58 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

and gluttons

• Love 2

This woman cannot take responsibility for herself.  Her mindset is that everyone has to take care of her.  My guess is she went to Dr Now because she thought she would magically lose weight.  He would do all the work for her.  

She and Freddy are two dregs.   Really feel no sympathy for either. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LGGirl said:

This woman cannot take responsibility for herself.  Her mindset is that everyone has to take care of her.  My guess is she went to Dr Now because she thought she would magically lose weight.  He would do all the work for her.  

She and Freddy are two dregs.   Really feel no sympathy for either. 

We see the pattern repeated with the people who fail, they don't want to do the work. Dr. Now will do the surgery and boom! they are magically thin without putting any effort into it. 

6 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Sincere apologies in advance. I just checked out the responses on the "#My600PoundLife schenee" hashtag and OMG. I feel kinda terrible for choking with laughter over this one:

image.thumb.png.5fdc1739c7e42e1a6456519cd0f265ba.png

He is also going to need a very large coffin. How delusional they both are. 

• Love 6

If anyone is interested in where they were grocery shopping, it was at a place called Indiana Discount Mall. The general area is close to a place called Lafayette Square. I didn't recognize it last night because I never go there. One does not simply walk into Mordor. The section of Indianapolis where they were living is not the Ritz, either. 

• Love 8

I don't even know where to begin with this freak show of an episode.  One of the first things that really disturbed me was the fact that she drives.  I'm glad I am nowhere near Texas or Indiana.  How could she possibly react in an emergency situation?  Her response time to get her foot on the brake has to be significantly longer than normal.

And I wanted to yell at my TV when she was harping on Freddy because he didn't spend two hours on her baths like he did on his showers.  What is he doing in the shower for two hours?  Crying, escaping, praying???  And I seriously wanted to punch my TV when she was berating him when he was looking for the bleach.  If he had an ounce of working brain in his head he would walk out of that bedroom, out the front door, and never look back.

Thanks for listening, I feel better for sharing!

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Friday said:

I don't even know where to begin with this freak show of an episode.  One of the first things that really disturbed me was the fact that she drives.  I'm glad I am nowhere near Texas or Indiana.  How could she possibly react in an emergency situation?  Her response time to get her foot on the brake has to be significantly longer than normal.

And I wanted to yell at my TV when she was harping on Freddy because he didn't spend two hours on her baths like he did on his showers.  What is he doing in the shower for two hours?  Crying, escaping, praying???  And I seriously wanted to punch my TV when she was berating him when he was looking for the bleach.  If he had an ounce of working brain in his head he would walk out of that bedroom, out the front door, and never look back.

He might not take 2 hours, she could have exaggerated, but he might take a while. That shower time is his only break. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

Freddy was pathetic, I hope it is a lot of money he gets from her, just to be her pet dog.

Don't forget about the sex.  :)

Schenee and James K:  Separated at birth?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Friday said:

Jacking off

1 minute ago, gardendiva said:

Her sanctimonious religiosity was even more g rating when I realized she was using it as a crutch do do nothing and be helpless...she somehow thought that her magical sky daddy was going to wave his magic wand and the weight would melt off, hopefully right in the middle of a fried shrimp feed.

If God wants me to have the surgery I will, if God does not want me to have the surgery I won't

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Klassy!

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I still think she does feeder porn. I think that's how Freddy met her. She doesn't want to give it up. But she does want to be on teevee.

• Love 6