Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)

They look like they both went to WalMart with a budget of $15 apiece for an entire outfit and raided the sales racks.  Okay, maybe Josiah spent $20.  His looks worse/cheaper the closer you get to it, from a distance it isn't so bad.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

If that's the official engagement photo, Si could have put his phone in his back pocket for a minute or two. And maybe put on a newer pair of pants. And maybe neatened up his facial hair. And maybe they could have taken the picture in front of live fresh Spring greenery instead of dead brush.

• Love 8

It's a pretty sad photo. Josiah's expression looks so forced, while Lauren's looks relatively natural. Same with the restaurant shot. You have to wonder what he's really feeling inside.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'd say Joe and Kendra. I think Jeremy and Jinger have chemistry, but I don't like that 80% of the infatuation comes from Jinger's side. With JoKen I think it's more equally balanced. 

Yeah I agree 100%. Joe & Kendra seemed equally yoked (gotta use a biblical phrase) and enjoy each other as people. 

While I do think Jeremy likes Jinger for herself (and vice versa) the other was what they were looking for in a spouse (which most people do but to a lesser extent) so they were all over that. 

• Love 6
On 4/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, Christina87 said:

Being a nun would actually be preferable, because you aren't sharing a bed every night with a guy you find attractive. 

Yep. You have to be on a rotation if you expect to be one of Jesus's Sister Wives!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, graefin said:

It's a pretty sad photo. Josiah's expression looks so forced, while Lauren's looks relatively natural. Same with the restaurant shot. You have to wonder what he's really feeling inside.

And by now, with all his indoctrination, he probably doesn't know the answer to that question any better than we do. 

• Love 22

Maybe we just need to see them (particularly Lauren) on Counting On before we can truly assess their chemistry. I mean I couldn't tell whether Joe and Kendra were into each other based on their initial courting pictures, but, Kendra's incessant giggling aside, I grew to enjoy watching them interact with each other.

Still, I think Lauren is going to be Anna 2.0.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm 35 and having a full hysterectomy Wednesday (because ovarian cancer), so I'll be going through surgical menopause. I've started referring it to it as "my next season of life" but no one (in my "real" life) gets it.  :)

I think Lauren actually looks like the hostage who is acting out her role in these pictures more than Josiah, but I may be in the minority.  Her eyes just look to me like "This is supposed to make me happy, right? I do look happy, right?"  I think Josiah is better at faking that what he's expected to be doing is making him happy because he's had more experience doing it (and doing it in the public eye), plus ALERT training and all. 

@MyPeopleAreNordic, best of luck with your surgery.  I know from a friend that surgical menopause isn't easy.  I was lucky and had a pretty "easy" menopause at 53, all things considered.  

I enjoy your posts, and when you're up to it, I'll be awaiting your next insightful post.  Sending good thoughts to you <3

• Love 21
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@MyPeopleAreNordic, best of luck with your surgery.  I know from a friend that surgical menopause isn't easy.  I was lucky and had a pretty "easy" menopause at 53, all things considered.  

I enjoy your posts, and when you're up to it, I'll be awaiting your next insightful post.  Sending good thoughts to you <3

I had a surgical menopause as well, but had just turned 50 at the time and was well into perimenopause already, so it wasn't as bad as it might have been. It still wasn't a lot of fun, but preferable to being severely anemic due to very heavy periods with often barely two weeks in between. It also cured me of severe restless-leg syndrome which had me mostly only getting only two or three hours of sleep per night. My doctor hadn't linked the anemia to restless-leg, but it is apparently a thing.

• Love 9

I always had heavy periods.  42 years of them, except for the 18 months respite during my pregnancy and breastfeeding stretch.  

Interesting about the restless-leg syndrome being linked to anemia.  How awful, to only get 2-3 hours of sleep!  

Back to Si & Lauren...does Boob make deals with the girl's dads to marry off his sons?  Si looks like he's trying to be happy about this, but he's not that good of an actor, and his semi-trouser tent doesn't make up for his clenched teeth smile, IMO.

Lauren reminds me of Joanna Gaines.  

• Love 4

Don't forget he could not find a buyer for Jana either. I would not be surprised if he is working on getting a JD and Jana married off in a double wedding ceremony. Two for the price of one. I cannot imagine the pressure of getting married to someone you barely know in order to keep the show running or because your father is an ass. Makes me feel bad for Si and Lauren.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:59 PM, BitterApple said:

I'd say Joe and Kendra. I think Jeremy and Jinger have chemistry, but I don't like that 80% of the infatuation comes from Jinger's side. With JoKen I think it's more equally balanced. 

I agree about Joe and Kendra. They seem quite evenly matched and really love each other. The smiles reach their eyes. 

I also think Jeremy and Jinger have good chemistry. Yes, Jinger does seem more gaga over him, but attribute that to her age and being sheltered for so long. She seems to have mellowed a bit. 

• Love 13

I like the photo too. They look good in it. 

That big cross is eye-catching. If I didn't know they were devout Christians, I might think the cross is accidental. It reminds me of the photos one Mormon couple (not Duggar/Bates etc.) took with Jesus. 

• Love 2

I just don't get why the Duggars never look fresh or clean. It reminds of an actress who I like - Drew Barrymore - so many pictures of her looked like she just finished a jog or came out of a sauna. The same is true for the Duggars.

• Love 4

Nice photo, but once again, why didn't they use the photo of them looking at the camera?

They seem to be at the Gulf of Mexico - I miss those warm, white sandy beaches BTW.  I wonder when they went and with whom?

• Love 1

I think the pic came from the Australia/NZ trip.

As for the wedding, it could even be tonight. They're right on the 3 months courting mark. That said, my money is on next Friday. Give her a week of being 19 first! ?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just don't get why the Duggars never look fresh or clean. It reminds of an actress who I like - Drew Barrymore - so many pictures of her looked like she just finished a jog or came out of a sauna. The same is true for the Duggars.

I thought I was the only one who thought Drew Barrymore looks like,she needs a shower and a toothbrush.   Duggars of course also. And those boys sleeping on beds with no sheets. 

• Love 5

I don’t think media savvy Jimblob would have a wedding the same week as the royal wedding - too much media competition. He probably suggested this very thing to Lauren’s parents. I doubt Josiah or Lauren have any say in the matter.

• Love 3

I doubt Boob knows there was a big wedding in England today. 

At least one Duggar was at ALERT Field this morning, as a plane flew from there to San Antonio. If there was a wedding this weekend, it had to be yesterday. 

That said, my money is still on next Friday. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Let’s see if Cindy attempts those huge rose covered arches. 

I saw that and instantly compared it to the awful V (is for virgin) concoction that Cindy made!

• Love 6

I agree JB probably knew that the Royal wedding was today. He wants whatever media coverage he scrounge up for the big event.  It wouldn't surprise me if he reads People, US Weekly, etc. to know how and when to get stuff for his family.

I have no idea when the wedding was. 

If the wedding was yesterday, we would know by now. 

So I went to FJ to see what they thought. They don't when the wedding is, but Josiah and Lauren re-enacted Joe's and Kendra's engagement pose where he shows off his butt. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Josiah and Lauren re-enacted Joe's and Kendra's engagement pose where he shows off his butt. 

20180519_194049-360x598.png.90324a873934134062f494e745d979b7.png

Eww, why? It looks like he's holding in a fart.

Jinger posted a picture on Instagram of Jeremy preparing his sermon for Sunday, so the wedding is definitely not this weekend. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

20180519_194049-360x598.png.90324a873934134062f494e745d979b7.png

Eww, why? It looks like he's holding in a fart.

Jinger posted a picture on Instagram of Jeremy preparing his sermon for Sunday, so the wedding is definitely not this weekend. 

Looks like Si is wearing boxers underneath his pants.

"oh, look, all my fellow fundie females!"  I've snagged a Duggar male, with a receding hairline and pimples, to be my wedded husband forever & ever."

"too bad you all are still single, and doesn't he have the cutest butt?"

Ugh.

• Love 6

It would be nice to see Lauren or one of the many future fundie brides wearing a copy of Meghan Markle’s wedding gown. Covered up, simple, and quite elegant as opposed to the many cobbled together Frankenstein dresses we’ve been seeing. 

• Love 14

I did not think I would care any less about a Duggar wedding than the wedding of Joe and Kindra. I kept forgetting about them. Now I really can’t remember Si and Lauren. Or whatever their names are. 

• Love 6

I can see Lauren wearing a dress like Kendra, they are the same age and I thought Kendra’s dress was pretty and fashionable for a bride in her age group. 

Meghan’s dress would be a good style for a fundie bride to emulate. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Meghan Markle is a beautiful woman and her dress looked beautiful on her. It looks good on her, because she's so beautiful and slender. I'm not sure it works on all body types. 

As for her collar bones, Jessa had small scoop neck for her wedding dress, so it should be fine.

Anyway that doesn't matter, the wedding is likely too soon for Lauren to be wearing something inspired by Meghan's dress.  I'm sure she already ordered/bought her wedding dress probably from Miss Renee. @Sew Sumi thinks the wedding is next Friday and she may be right. If not Friday, then probably before the Fourth of July. And usually people buy the dress as soon as possible to have it in time. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Lauren got her wedding gown from Miss Renee???? I hope 'Miss Renee'" has realized that she needs to SEW on any 'underthings' and not hot glue gun them on. Jana, bring YOUR sewing machine. I think Renee' has cheap dresses, really. She does not give a quality patch up job on those gowns.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Lauren got her wedding gown from Miss Renee???? I hope 'Miss Renee'" has realized that she needs to SEW on any 'underthings' and not hot glue gun them on. Jana, bring YOUR sewing machine. I think Renee' has cheap dresses, really. She does not give a quality patch up job on those gowns.

Wait.... you're not supposed to tack a wedding dress together with paper clips and used chewing gum? ... But what about the "something old' and "something borrowed" part? 

• Love 21
15 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

It would be nice to see Lauren or one of the many future fundie brides wearing a copy of Meghan Markle’s wedding gown. Covered up, simple, and quite elegant as opposed to the many cobbled together Frankenstein dresses we’ve been seeing. 

Maybe they could do a dress like Meghan's with the neckline and sheer sleeves of Jinger's* (the only fundie wedding dress that didn't look like shit, IMO). But that's giving them credit for having taste, which most fundies don't. 

*to avoid collarbones showing 

• Love 1
(edited)

Any bets on how long ago this was taken? I haven't cared enough to look up registries, but this is obviously an attempt at wedding date deflection. 

eta: Found the registry. Wedding date listed as 12/31. Uhm....NOT! Now back to check it out.
Edited by Sew Sumi

I just did a scan on the registry but man is it boring.  Everything is white - sheets, dishes, clear glasses.  There is a splash of color for a blanket and comforter - a grey one and a linen one.  UGH

• Love 1