Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My bet, they break from Duggar Beige and boldly venture into Pinterest favorite, gray. 

Finally catching up with the trends huh? Beige was big in the 90s/2000s and gray is the color of this decade 2010s.

• Love 1

I agree that picture was posted to generate interest and freebies. If their wedding is imminent, the registry would've been set up ages ago. I have a feeling attendance is going to dwindle now that Duggar nuptials have become old hat. Both Joe and Joy had ceremonies that barely looked half full. I think Jinger was the last one to have a wedding where people actually cared.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I just did a scan on the registry but man is it boring.  Everything is white - sheets, dishes, clear glasses.  There is a splash of color for a blanket and comforter - a grey one and a linen one.  UGH

Why would a young newlywed couple need or even want 16 cereal bowls cluttering up their small apartment?  Or do we know where they will live??

• Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Why would a young newlywed couple need or even want 16 cereal bowls cluttering up their small apartment?  Or do we know where they will live??

Apparently the TTH needs cereal bowls. 

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Why would a young newlywed couple need or even want 16 cereal bowls cluttering up their small apartment?

She's only planning on washing dishes once a week?  Or that's how many Duggars she expects at one time coming over for ice cream?

• Love 11

I would imagine that just about everything gets stuffed into either the TTH or one of JB's warehouses. The newlyweds take whatever they need to start housekeeping (which would probably be too much stuff by our standards, but we don't have 20+ guests arriving unannounced whenever they feel inspired), and the rest is dispersed as needed. I think it's so very true and so very obvious that they register for stuff for the TTH that I won't even bother snarking on it. I can't imagine that that's normal by any sort of family tradition other than grifter families, but they just don't care. When it comes to getting stuff without paying, JB is ALWAYS the first guy in line.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They also registered for 6 sixteen glass sets.  Who needs 96 glasses outside of a restaurant?

ODG. I missed that. I suppose the TTH must be really thirsty. Sheesh. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

They probably lose a lot of glasses (and dishes). At least temporarily. In that barn, I picture them all wondering around distractedly carrying glasses of iced tea or soda or whatever and then setting the empty or half-empty glass just wherever. Like behind the sofa or under  the bed or on the porch floor. ... And then, since they're glass, somebody else comes along on a skateboard or something and knocks them over and they break. 

The Duggs pretty much entirely eat and drink on the prowl, it seems. And it's certainly too much for Duggars (of any generation) to carry their dishes and utensils to the kitchen. 

I'd bet JB alone has lost and/or broken a couple of dozen glasses in the past year. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I missed that as well.  But why?  We never see them with anything other that plastic cups, plastic sliverware and paper/styrofoam plates.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They probably lose a lot of glasses (and dishes). At least temporarily. In that barn, I picture them all wondering around distractedly carrying glasses of iced tea or soda or whatever and then setting the empty or half-empty glass just wherever. Like behind the sofa or under  the bed or on the porch floor. ... And then, since they're glass, somebody else comes along on a skateboard or something and knocks them over and they break. 

The Duggs pretty much entirely eat and drink on the prowl, it seems. And it's certainly too much for Duggars (of any generation) to carry their dishes and utensils to the kitchen. 

I'd bet JB alone has lost and/or broken a couple of dozen glasses in the past year. 

And that is why they have wedding registries. They need to replenish the TTH inventory. The newlyweds don’t need anything!

• Love 4

All that stuff is definitely ending up at the TTH. No sane couple registers for sixteen sets of glasses. Maybe their friends are finally getting hip to the game and that's why there aren't a lot of items already purchased. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I hope her parents get at least one set of glasses. They seem like they might actually use them more than the Duggars. 

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

All that stuff is definitely ending up at the TTH. No sane couple registers for sixteen sets of glasses. Maybe their friends are finally getting hip to the game and that's why there aren't a lot of items already purchased. 

I think you might be right. I wonder if that's why the weddings are get less and less attended. I see the Duggars as the kind of people who register for more expensive items and then show up at other people's weddings with cheap gifts.  JB and Michelle have more money than a lot of fundies and also more children. If they want their friends to continue to spring for gifts at the weddings and also attend the weddings, they should buy the pricier items on other people's registries so that their friends don't feel used. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I hope her parents get at least one set of glasses. They seem like they might actually use them more than the Duggars. 

I think you might be right. I wonder if that's why the weddings are get less and less attended. I see the Duggars as the kind of people who register for more expensive items and then show up at other people's weddings with cheap gifts.  JB and Michelle have more money than a lot of fundies and also more children. If they want their friends to continue to spring for gifts at the weddings and also attend the weddings, they should buy the pricier items on other people's registries so that their friends don't feel used. 

I was thinking this same thing. Even by fundie standards, they have a LOT of kids, and there have been a LOT of weddings over the past few years. We know when they attend another wedding, and that doesn't happen often. We also know that JB is super-cheap, so I can easily see them re-gifting something from their huge stockpile of wedding gifts to any of the brides and grooms whose weddings they do bother to attend.

• Love 8

What I really don't get is how incomplete this registry is.  These are 2 teenagers getting married and they are not asking for plates, knives,  pots and pans or even cutlery.   They are starting from zero.  What are they going to live on when married?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What I really don't get is how incomplete this registry is.  These are 2 teenagers getting married and they are not asking for plates, knives,  pots and pans or even cutlery.   They are starting from zero.  What are they going to live on when married?

It occurred to me that Lauren might have some family china -- but that still wouldn't explain the lack of everyday dishes on the registry. It's possible, though, that the Duggar wedding gift warehouse is stuffed with everyday plates, but short on glasses . . .

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Just now, cmr2014 said:

It occurred to me that Lauren might have some family china -- but that still wouldn't explain the lack of everyday dishes on the registry. It's possible, though, that the Duggar wedding gift warehouse is stuffed with everyday plates, but short on glasses . . .

Have we seen the Duggars eat anything at the TTH that's not served on a styrofoam plate or in a styrofoam bowl? (A tad OT, but I wonder if the kids are even taught how to set a table or what cutlery is used for salads, soup, entrees, etc.)

Anyway, Joe may not know there are plates that you don't toss in the garbage after use. Not sure what the deal is with whatshername, though.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

They'll probably use paper plates and plastic knives, forks and spoons.  That's what Josiah is used to.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mollie said:

They'll probably use paper plates and plastic knives, forks and spoons.  That's what Josiah is used to.

I agree that that's what they'll end up using, but I think they'll start out using regular plates and cups -- they have 96 glass cups on the registry. I don't think they plan on using them with paper plates. Ben and Jessa started out using plates and cups, and are now relying pretty heavily on paper plates. Why the added expense of paper plates is okay in Duggar-world, I don't know -- especially since they all have dishwashers.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They also registered for 6 sixteen glass sets.  Who needs 96 glasses outside of a restaurant?

People who plan on having eleventy - five children?

• Love 12
On 5/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, Absolom said:

She's only planning on washing dishes once a week?  Or that's how many Duggars she expects at one time coming over for ice cream?

I was gonna say, someone is resigning themselves to a loooooot of visits round-the-clock from the in-laws...

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

How did I miss 96 glasses??? They want SIX 16 piece sets of drinking glasses ...

Well, Jessa needs a set and then there's Jill, Joy and Joe. Dont forget MEchelle needs a set for the TTH. Plus Si & Lauren equals six sets.  The Duggars can do math when it counts, for grifting.

Btw, Smuggar doesnt get a set bc he's a pervert who screwed up and Jinger is a pants wearing, knee baring hussy so no set for her either.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Well, Jessa needs a set and then there's Jill, Joy and Joe. Dont forget MEchelle needs a set for the TTH. Plus Si & Lauren equals six sets.  The Duggars can do math when it counts, for grifting.

Btw, Smuggar doesnt get a set bc he's a pervert who screwed up and Jinger is a pants wearing, knee baring hussy so no set for her either.

Jill wears pants too but she gets a set and Jinger doesn't?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Facts and logic have no place in the Duggar bubble. To the prayer closet with you lol

• Love 11
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

But, but, they would have to pay for shipping to TX or have to pay for gas for the plane for JD to fly them to them.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe they got married this weekend and interest in the Duggars is fading. 19 Kids and Counting hasn't been on for a few years now. For many folks I'm guessing from Joe on down, with the exception of Josie, don't care who they are.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe they got married this weekend and interest in the Duggars is fading. 19 Kids and Counting hasn't been on for a few years now. For many folks I'm guessing from Joe on down, with the exception of Josie, cares who they are.

From your lips to Dog's ear. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe they got married this weekend and interest in the Duggars is fading. 19 Kids and Counting hasn't been on for a few years now. For many folks I'm guessing from Joe on down, with the exception of Josie, don't care who they are.

But the Duggars are and will forever be famewhores. We would have heard about it by now.

• Love 8
Just now, Fuzzysox said:

But the Duggars are and will forever be famewhores. We would have heard about it by now.

Alas, I agree, they’d have posted it on their social media somewhere if there’d been a wedding.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Unless Josiah is having second thoughts or Lauren isn’t enthusiastic? Is that a possibility or no choice for them at this point. They never look interested in each other. 

I think that ship has sailed.  Once the engagement is announced, it's a done deal.  I can't picture a broken engagement happening with this bunch.  Too hard to explain to the media.  Josiah knows it's his turn to feed the media and he'll fall on his sword rather than admit he doesn't want to marry Lauren (or anyone else, perhaps).  He was raised to know his options are very limited, Lauren has even fewer than he does.

• Love 10
(edited)
51 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think that ship has sailed.  Once the engagement is announced, it's a done deal.  I can't picture a broken engagement happening with this bunch.  Too hard to explain to the media.  Josiah knows it's his turn to feed the media and he'll fall on his sword rather than admit he doesn't want to marry Lauren (or anyone else, perhaps).  He was raised to know his options are very limited, Lauren has even fewer than he does.

Plus, Josiah's already been down that road once (even though it was Marjorie who called it off...). For all he knows, the second time's a hanging offense. "Making us look bad on TELEVISION!!!!" ...

Yet another reason why they should get off television. The TeeVee Celeb life they've been living is as big a reason for suppressing their children as Gothard or JB' s and M's sick personalities, I expect.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

With Kendra having a June baby and Jinger 8 months pregnant they sure picked a bad time to get married. I have doubts that Jinger will be there even though she and Josiah were once close.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

With Kendra having a June baby and Jinger 8 months pregnant they sure picked a bad time to get married. I have doubts that Jinger will be there even though she and Josiah were once close.

Very pregnant members of the family didn't stop them in the past.

Anna was days away from giving birth to Mason when she was a bridesmaid in JoKen's wedding last September.

Jill was about 6 weeks away from giving birth to Samuel when she was matron of honor in Joystin's wedding last May.

At least with JinJer, Jessa (also matron of honor) was about 6 months pregnant with Henry; however, they did get married on Spurgeon's birthday.

When Benessa got married, Jill (bridesmaid) was about five months pregnant with Izzy.

The only Duggar who had no pregnant bridesmaids in his/her wedding was Jill (and probably Smuggar, as I don't remember if any of Anna's other bridesmaids were pregnant).

• Love 6
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Very pregnant members of the family didn't stop them in the past.

Anna was days away from giving birth to Mason when she was a bridesmaid in JoKen's wedding last September.

Jill was about 6 weeks away from giving birth to Samuel when she was matron of honor in Joystin's wedding last May.

At least with JinJer, Jessa (also matron of honor) was about 6 months pregnant with Henry; however, they did get married on Spurgeon's birthday.

When Benessa got married, Jill (bridesmaid) was about five months pregnant with Izzy.

The only Duggar who had no pregnant bridesmaids in his/her wedding was Jill (and probably Smuggar, as I don't remember if any of Anna's other bridesmaids were pregnant).

True I had forgotten about them being pregnant. But they all lived close to each other so traveling wasn't a huge issue. With Jinger being 8 months will she be allowed to travel on a plane? 

• Love 2
Just now, Fuzzysox said:

True I had forgotten about them being pregnant. But they all lived close to each other so traveling wasn't a huge issue. With Jinger being 8 months will she be allowed to travel on a plane? 

Ahhh, good point. Probably less of a big deal for Kendra than for Jinger then. Perhaps JinJer will drive?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Almost any pregnant woman can travel by plane as long as she doesn’t call attention to it.  The airlines almost never ask.  It’s also a very short flight, about an hour.  Someone from the airline might ask a question if she was going to Europe, but Texas to Arkansas is no biggie.  She’s also got a brother who’s a pilot and he father owns the plane.  If Jinger wants to be there, she will.

As far as her doctor or midwife, they might prefer she not travel so far away, but they cannot prevent it.

But, Lauren is from Georgia and will probably have the wedding there.  Lauren's father is a pastor and he and his wife and kids live in Georgia.  Georgia is a much farther flight for pregnant Kendra and Jinger.