Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t know if he bothered  to declare a major, or fill out the matriculation form. He just took a course  I think. I can’t remember whether he said it in a talking head interview or if someone got a screenshot of his first social media account.  But I do remember it because I was surprised that he even attempted it. He said it wasn’t his thing.    He was one of the siblings that did actually get a high school diploma rather than a GED 

How did he get a high school diploma? I thought GEDs were homeschoolers only alternative to their homeschool diploma.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He probably attempted College Minus. The Duggars were advertising it around that time, but AFAIK, only Jill succeeded in some coursework. 

That’s  possible.    You know they like to puff themselves up as doing more than what they really do 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How did he get a high school diploma? I thought GEDs were homeschoolers only alternative to their homeschool diploma.

I have the same question. AFAIK the older Duggar kids got GEDs, and then the GED test got more difficult to pass. After that, we started seeing the Duggs posting photos of their kids who "graduated" from "Duggar Academy." Complete with obviously home-printed "diplomas."  That's not a high school diploma. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A homeschool diploma is considered a valid diploma, even though the quality of education the Duggars received is debatable.

Right, but Josiah either got a homeschool diploma or a GED. As far as I know the only way to get a high school diploma is to attend high school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Right, but Josiah either got a homeschool diploma or a GED. As far as I know the only way to get a high school diploma is to attend high school.

Agreed, I think there’s a bit of a mixup.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if Siah and Lauren will even announce the birth of the 'Alleged' baby. They definitely need all the good things they can get. Especially after Josh gets sentenced. 

I hope they don’t. although some big mouth in the cult will probably tell people despite any of their wishes. 

• Love 4

I remember Josiah announcing he was going to do some type of apprenticeship with Marjorie's dad, maybe graphic design, and then possibly attend school if he found he wanted to stick with it. But I believe they broke up before anything got off the ground.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

I think she has a better guess at Lauren's due date.

In Katey's gender reveal, held last fall, she appeared to be showing while Katey didn't. She also appeared to have a noticable bump when she was a bridesmaid at the Reber/Keller wedding in October/November (before Smuggar's trial). For reference, Katey is due in April. 

That means Lauren is right on top of her due date, or she already had this baby. The You Tuber gave her a few more months in January, so I think she was off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

If it's a boy, and if Josiah and Lauren continue the alphabetical theme, I wonder what C name they will pick?

Caleb is out for obvious reasons.

Caden, Cody, Cole?

On 1/23/2022 at 8:00 PM, GeeGolly said:

Some school districts will issue a generic high school diploma (i.e., one without a specific school's name on it) if the student completes all high school work and certain conditions are met. I know a few people who have such a diploma. It's possible that is what Josiah did. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, beckie said:

I would love it if they named him Curmudgeon. 

Sounds like Pilgrim's Progress name. Maybe Jessa will be inspired by Spurgeon's latest reading for her next kid if Josiah and Lauren don't jump on this one. LOL

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Watch jerk face JereME name a future son Cade, for his bromance pal.

I think Jeremy still likes himself way more than he likes Cade. That kid will totally be Jeremy Jr. Or if he wants maximum ass-kissing he'll go for John MacArthur Vuolo. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Cord works too!

I knew a guy named Cord. I always wondered WTF was up with that name but never dared ask. He was like a human golden retriever, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I know Cash was mentioned.  One of my dear friends told me when her second daughter was pregnant she said please don't name him any trendy odd name.  So they named him Cash!  

when i was a kid the family next door had twins named Cash and Carry. They told the story many times that they had named them that because they had saved enough money ahead to pay the hospital, so they were bought and paid for. apparently they saw it on a sign of a store at some point, found it humorous and thought it was a great idea to name their children that.😂

also ob/gyn daughter in law had a patient ask recently if Ca$h was a legal name that could be used on a birth certificate. DIL said she had no idea and maybe they should ask a lawyer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I knew a guy named Cord. I always wondered WTF was up with that name but never dared ask. He was like a human golden retriever, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

I knew two boys growing up named Cordell (Cor-dale). Cord would be an okay nickname for Cordell. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

On OLTL, wasn't Cord a nickname for Cordero?  Now it's bugging me.

Cordero kind of fits with Lauren's vibe, but I see something more trendy like Colton, Conner, Caleb, etc.

Yes, it was short for Cordero. I still remember when he first came on! He and Tina were quite the item. Didn't they have 2 kids? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Carlos Duggar? 😂

No matter how pleasant the first name might be, pairing it with the ugly, clunky “Duggar” ruins it.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, it was short for Cordero. I still remember when he first came on! He and Tina were quite the item. Didn't they have 2 kids? 

Yes, CJ and Sarah. I liked Clint too until they put him with that idiot Lindsay. 

• Love 2

Cord and Tina's child was originally names Milagro. The baby was supposed to be born in the jungle somewhere under "miracle" circumstances. Then the writers "changed" his name..I can't remember what they ended up calling the kid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Cord and Tina's child was originally names Milagro. The baby was supposed to be born in the jungle somewhere under "miracle" circumstances. Then the writers "changed" his name..I can't remember what they ended up calling the kid. 

Clinton James after Clint Buchanan, they called him 'CJ'.  Kinda tragic that that is the sort of stuff I remember.

I cannot see either of them wanting an Hispanic name although Lauren herself is Hispanic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I believe a pregnant Tina went over the falls. And I could swear there was a baby mix up with Gabrielle.

So do we know Lauren is having a boy?

• Love 2