Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180715-212802.thumb.jpg.5d2183dfdc1aa9b556de5bd2e4f87a87.jpgScreenshot_20180715-224846-573x474.jpg.8a3752b68ceaccbf348ac96bd2c84157.jpg

A close-up of the back of the dress. Too bad her hair wasn't up to show off the nice detail and the dress looks a bit weird with it pinned right at her butt. The bridesmaids dresses they are unflattering on everyone except the little girls, maybe if the top wasn't pleated they would've looked better. 

I zoomed in the on the food on the plates and all I could make out were bread rolls, chocolate strawberries, and cupcakes. 

The back of the dress definitely makes it more interesting.  She should've 100% had her hair up to show off the detailing on the back.

The bridesmaid dresses make them all look so boxy.  Not flattering at all.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Depends on where in the Midwest. The weddings in Central Illinois range from the nuts and punch to the dinner.  I’ve seen a lot of heavy appetizers too.   The only cocktail hour I’ve ever seen has been on that silly Four weddings tv show. Now, the rumor is the Chicago weddings cost as much as people’s first homes. I’ll pass. If your main reason for inviting me is a big check, I’ll just stay home.   

I live in the chicago burbs. Weddings here typically range around 20k-100+

My wedding for 140 people was around 30K. My sister's was just around 80K, and my little brother is marrying a doctor's daughter and their wedding will likely be in the 100's.

Around here if you do not have cocktail hour and feed your guests with an open bar- you are very out of the norm. Also the standard gift is to cover your plate. I  usually give $175-$300 ( depending on how well I know the couple and whether I was in the bridal party or not) as a gift to any wedding I attend. And this is the norm for most middle class and above -almost everyone does it, even if they can't afford it.

That being said, while I did enjoy my wedding- if I could do it all over again I would have gone on vacation and gotten married at the end!

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The heavy gathering on the bodice makes all the girls' boobs look huge. It's funny because for such a modest, full cover dress, it's totally defrauding. 

What do they call them- eye traps? Pretty color though. But super unflattering for the well endowed. I wonder if they felt self conscious- I would! And I'm a hussy! Pretty ironic.

• Love 13

Who's the poor unfortunate brunette bridesmaid without banana curls in that photo?  The one that appears to have her own natural curls and heaven forbid, shoulder length hair?  She looks completely miserable.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

Who's the poor unfortunate brunette bridesmaid without banana curls in that photo?  The one that appears to have her own natural curls and heaven forbid, shoulder length hair?  She looks completely miserable.  

I believe that is Hannah - IG crossfit hannah.  The one that posted a pic with Lauren around the time of the bridal shower saying my little sis while they were getting coffee.  I follow her on IG and I've never seen her look anywhere close to that miserable.

• Love 3

It's the Duggars longtime friend Hannah. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I forgot to post this one. I cropped it, so it may be fuzzy.

F3DC4121-619A-42AC-B1A9-0E2192645703.jpeg

This is Mommy Rabbittron this dress was something that I wore in the 1960's but with the hem a lot shorter. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I live in the chicago burbs. Weddings here typically range around 20k-100+

My wedding for 140 people was around 30K. My sister's was just around 80K, and my little brother is marrying a doctor's daughter and their wedding will likely be in the 100's.

Around here if you do not have cocktail hour and feed your guests with an open bar- you are very out of the norm. Also the standard gift is to cover your plate. I  usually give $175-$300 ( depending on how well I know the couple and whether I was in the bridal party or not) as a gift to any wedding I attend. And this is the norm for most middle class and above -almost everyone does it, even if they can't afford it.

That being said, while I did enjoy my wedding- if I could do it all over again I would have gone on vacation and gotten married at the end!

What do they call them- eye traps? Pretty color though. But super unflattering for the well endowed. I wonder if they felt self conscious- I would! And I'm a hussy! Pretty ironic.

We just went to a wedding for my husband's cousin in Long Island and I definitely can see them having spent at least $50-$100k.  Hubby's cousin's parents have money and her fiancé is an only child and I think his parents are well off as well.  She had like 8-10 bridesmaids/groomsmen and there were at least 200 guests. 

They had a cocktail hour with open bar and multiple food stations, followed by a full sit down dinner as well.  They had a pool party the next day at the bride's parent's house since there were a # of out of town guests plus since it was a Friday night far out in Long Island, a lot of "locals" also got a hotel room for the night.

My wedding in the fall of 2017 cost only $10k, because hubby and I were paying for it ourselves and basically used the money we received to pay it off.  But it was a lunch reception and we did a sit down dinner w/beer, wine and soda included.  Guests had to pay if they wanted something else.  But we had a DJ and I had fun so no regrets (although it would've been nice if we could've put the money received toward our savings since we bought a house the following year).  I bought my wedding dress online at David's Bridal for like $200 and luckily it didn't need any alterations.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Your BIL baby blue leisure suit brought back memories. My husband wore a similar baby blue suit on a trip to Hawaii in 1978 when he graduated from high school.  

Too bad Lauren didn't wear here hair up so we could see back of hair & dress. The veil blocked most of everything. Do the Gothardites have to wear a veil? 

The 70's were just full of bad fashion.  My first washer/dryer set was Harvest Gold.  Home decor was pretty bad, too.

I think the back of the dress was very pretty.  An updo would have been better.

Two Lauren Duggars?  That'll be interesting.  Kendra's sister seems really sweet, and I hope if she does marry a Duggar, it's the cute twin (Jeremiah?)  He's the best looking of the brothers.

• Love 3

JB is obviously shrinking.  It can happen fast to older people, especially those with poor nutrition.  He's been wearing the same suit for years, so the pants are just going to get longer & longer each wedding.  By Josie's trip down the aisle, the waist will be pulled up to his armpits & he'll have the legs rolled up!  ;-)

• Love 21
(edited)

It looks like they were trying to fit for the younger girls in the wedding party and didn't take into account the other women. Granted I'd take these over the blue potato sacks that Joy had for her wedding.

I went and looked back at all the Duggar weddings. Third wedding with some sort of pink/coral bridesmaid dresses. Note to Abbie, there are other colours. Please choose something unexpected.

Anyway, it's pretty on par for a Duggar bridesmaid dress.

Anna's bridesmaids

Spoiler

2ef641fedc4b6cc0f37f75b9bd6913c8--josh-m

duggar-wedding-2.jpg

Jill's bridesmaids

Spoiler

IMG_7064.jpg

Jessa's bridesmaids

Spoiler

19-kids-jessa-ben-wedding-07.jpg

Jinger's bridesmaids

Spoiler

20161105-Photography-By-Britton-TLC-022.

Joy's bridesmaids

Spoiler

ff0f341f0bc7c4849eb1515098649567.jpg

f372b79d84b8a6e3999f66195b8e6ffb.jpg

Kendra's bridesmaids

Spoiler

Joe+and+Kindra+wedding+Tim+Souza_DCL+2.p

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 20
(edited)

I noticed the Dullards scrubbed their website with everything having to do with the wedding. They knew they would get thousands of hits from the videos and photos. I guess TLC told them they aren't allowed to make money with footage from their program.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I noticed the Dullards scrubbed their website with everything having to do with the wedding. They knew they would get thousands of hits from the videos and photos. I guess TLC told them they aren't allowed to make money with footage from their program.

I wonder if we will see a Twitter rant from Derick.  He does seem to go off the rails whenever he does not get his way with TLC.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh gosh. Is Kendra's sister also named Lauren? That would be fun - two Lauren Duggars. 

Wouldn't be surprising. It was popular around the time they would have been born. We might even see a third Lauren come into the mix!

• Love 3

Wow, the difference in Jinger's dresses and the rest are astounding.  Girl did it right.  

I like hers the best. Normally I don't care for multi-colored bridesmaid gowns because I find them hard to pull off without looking clownish, but Jinger did it beautifully. 

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Is Michelle hunched over or does it just look that way because her breasts are large and her dress is too big?

All three plus turtle power. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Wow, the difference in Jinger's dresses and the rest are astounding.  Girl did it right.  

I loved how the bridesmaids dresses had lace sleves and bodice similar to hers. It really pulled the whole look together. 

• Love 12

Definitely Jinger's bridesmaids in first, Anna's in second (plain but not awful). I want to say Kendra's in third, but I can't see their dresses that well. 

Jill, dead last! Why would we expect something different from someone who has no class or taste and refuses to allow anyone to give her some? 

• Love 15

Michelle's dress is plain 'butt ugly'. She wore that to her son's wedding? I agree it makes her look shorter and dumpier. The length of her scraggly hair is just over the top. It's waayyy too long for a woman her age and the condition of her hair is something she should be ashamed to 'flaunt'. I understand she has given birth to multiple children, but she looks quite heavy chested, which makes her look fat and older than her 51 years. Beauty truly must be in the eyes of the beholder. Boob's suit is getting shinier by the day. Wear a decent DARK suit to weddings, JB.....and one that FITS PROPERLY.

• Love 9

@PikaScrewChu, thank you for the pics.  

What the hell was up with Jill's choice?  I love the color, but those extra panels at the bottom, and the brown beltish things?  Get outta here.

I also love coral, but those cheap clingy things that Jessa chose were not bridesmaid caliber.

Jin's choice is my favorite.  I know it's not easy finding a style that flatters everyone, and I liked the color variations.  No bullshit modesty add-ons needed, either.

• Love 11
(edited)

@PikaScrewChu thanks for the pictures. 

Jinger had more bridemaids and colors than that. Her dresses look like she was given a bigger budget than Jessa. Or she had more to spend if the Vuolos contributed to the wedding. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jinger had more bridemaids and colors than that. Her dresses look like she was given a bigger budget than Jessa. Or she had more to spend if the Vuolos contributed to the wedding. 

Or Jinger is more intelligent and has better taste. "Nice" doesn't have to mean "more expensive." 

• Love 18
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Or Jinger is more intelligent and has better taste. "Nice" doesn't have to mean "more expensive." 

Those dresses are from a salon (Miss Renee?) and more expensive (among other things they're floor length). Jessa bought hers cheaper on the internet. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It looks like they were trying to fit for the younger girls in the wedding party and didn't take into account the other women. Granted I'd take these over the blue potato sacks that Joy had for her wedding.

I went and looked back at all the Duggar weddings. Third wedding with some sort of pink/coral bridesmaid dresses. Note to Abbie, there are other colours. Please choose something unexpected.

Anna's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

duggar-wedding-2.jpg

Jill's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7064.jpg

Jessa's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Jinger's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Joy's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Kendra's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Jinger’s wedding wins every award by a landslide IMO.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really do not understand all the excess fabric at the bottom of JB's pants.  Does he not know his inseam?  Can't he have Michelle measure it for him?

His cheap ass bought whatever was on the rack at Sears. With 400 bajillion kids to marry off you think he’d invest in a nice suit.  Or two or three.  Maybe a gray, navy and black to cover all occasions. Surely he can spare $300 at the local men’s Warehouse.  You get a lot for your money there.  

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

His cheap ass bought whatever was on the rack at Sears. With 400 bajillion kids to marry off you think he’d invest in a nice suit.  Or two or three.  Maybe a gray, navy and black to cover all occasions. Surely he can spare $300 at the local men’s Warehouse.  You get a lot for your money there.  

Have you ever seen a man get measured for tailoring? They almost have to start dating the tailor by the time he/she finishes measuring.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Anna's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

duggar-wedding-2.jpg

Jill's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7064.jpg

Jessa's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Jinger's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Joy's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Kendra's bridesmaids

Reveal hidden contents

Yes!!! Why does every fundy choose pink or some such variation? It really shows how immature they are IMHO.  Not that adults can’t wear pink, but candy pink?  It’s like little girls playing dress up.  (I loathe the color pink btw. Mom made me wear it too much as a kid).  I’d love to see someone with steel gray, or wine or marine blue.  

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Or she actually went to a real bridal salon.  Surely there’s a David’s Bridal in Arkansas. And while most of these weddings were occurring, there was an Alfred Angelo too. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Have you ever seen a man get measured for tailoring? They almost have to start dating the tailor by the time he/she finishes measuring.

It would have to be female, and he'd have to marry her first.

I think I read somewhere that coral is a universally flattering color, but not every cut is universally flattering. I think the only one who looked good in the bridesmaid dress was Jana, likely because she's not as busty as the others.

• Love 6

Jinger's dresses were all by Renee, whose original shop was here in Pensacola (where I am).  Renee got huge publicity from the wedding, and has since expanded out of her original shop and opened at least 1 more location outside of Florida.  I guarantee Jinger got great deals for all the publicity. 

Something I would have thought Jessa would have gone for, but Jing was the smarter sister, in addition to having much better taste.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Here it is

Spoiler

Designing+the+Dress.jpg

• Love 6

For some reason Jill's purple dress bugs me about Jinger's bridesmaids. They're all these deep, rich colors and then bam! Crayola purple for Jill. Other than that, the different colors don't bother me. The reds and golds seem to work well.

On the of topic: Alfred Angelo doesn't exist anymore?!

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

"That's how they do pants!"

"Yes, yes it is. In prison!"

• Love 24
18 hours ago, asuwur said:

I looked up this magical Cookie Table...it may be from PA but we might drag it to KY for my daughter's wedding.

I'm a President for a local service organization and I have to put large spreads together on a budget all the time. Maybe not for 1000 people but many a time for over 200. Between Sam's and GFS, it's amazing what can be done without caterers inexpensively but with elegance without a crockpot in sight. A lot of caterers use GFS stuff with impunity anyway....at least around here. But honestly, the only thing about the SiRen wedding that bugged me more than usual was the cake with bleeding strawberries all over it.

It warms my heart that, in this next season of your daughter's life, that you may all be blessed with a cookie table.  It's very specific to southwestern PA and doesn't go very far east.  One thing to note-have someone who is very organized coordinate it for your daughter.  Otherwise, you may get too many cookies of one kind.  We had over 100 dozen homemade cookies from both sides of the family with only my mom & mother-in-law not making any.  

Apparently, with this family, pregnancy (or a few weeks post-birth) does give you that special glow, ala Kendra.  She's on fire while standing on stage.  Originally, I sorta liked the bridesmaid's dresses, but after seeing the full-length version, I'm not a fan.  Lauren's dress is beautiful.  Michelle's dress is...a whole lot of WTF.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, McManda said:

For some reason Jill's purple dress bugs me about Jinger's bridesmaids. They're all these deep, rich colors and then bam! Crayola purple for Jill. Other than that, the different colors don't bother me. The reds and golds seem to work well.

On the of topic: Alfred Angelo doesn't exist anymore?!

"That's how they do pants!"

"Yes, yes it is. In prison!"

No more Alfred Angelo! I heard people lost money and gowns 

• Love 1

goldie-hawn-overboard--large-msg-1302981

After I saw Michelle’s hideous dress, I kept thinking, “Where have I seen this style dress before?” Many hours later it struck me. Goldie Hawn in Overboard. Kurt Russell’s sons went to the Goodwill to find some dresses for their “new mom.”  Perhaps Michelle’s daughters did their mother the same favor.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, zoomama said:

I hope Kendra’s sister gets hot twin. 

me too.  

He's also the "sinner" twin. I bet he'll be a hell of a LOT of fun! Hopefully, it will happen right after JD gets engaged.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Couldn't he at least stand on a stool & let Jana pin & hem the pants?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes!!! Why does every fundy choose pink or some such variation? It really shows how immature they are IMHO.  Not that adults can’t wear pink, but candy pink?  It’s like little girls playing dress up.  (I loathe the color pink btw. Mom made me wear it too much as a kid).  I’d love to see someone with steel gray, or wine or marine blue.  

There were two navy blue dresses (Anna and Joy) and one mint green (Jill). 

On 7/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, marypat57 said:

This is in reply to Temperance, who said she never knew anyone who met at a wedding.  My mom and dad met at a wedding in the fall/early winter of 1950.  

The bride was a high school classmate of mom's.  The groom was a friend of dad's, and had converted to Catholicism so he could marry my mom's friend.  My dad was the 'godfather/sponsor.  As my grandmother told the story, she had to convince my dad to go to the wedding--"Who knows J***, you might meete a nice girl there."  My parents were engaged in December of 1951, and were married in June of 1952.  They had 6 sons and 2 daughters (I'm the oldest), and were together until my dad died in 1983.  My mom died in 1994 on their wedding anniversary.  

I don't know of anyone else that met at a wedding, though

My mom’s sister met my dad’s groomsman and got married a year later. This was 1951.❤️

• Love 7