Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Friends in Need

druzy
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

See, this is why I give Taylor a pass for that tweet because Ryan and that shit-stirring aardvark he is married to love to sit around and rewrite history or  or use the custody agreement for Hudson to paint Maci as some evil witch, keeping Bentley. IIRC, there is no court-ordered agreement and Ryan refuses to petition the court for one. 

Thank you, Gary for pointing out how you can't just check out or how millions of parents don't just check out of parenting because they're dealing with mental health issues. 

Hit dogs will holler!  Amber is pissed because Gary, Christina and even Bew Bew have her number. You can't overcome your depression to parent your child, but miraculously  find the energy to enter into a new romantic relationship? 

Ryan and Maci went through mediation and came to a mutual agreement about visitation. @druzy posted the video a while back of those two going over visitation with the mediator when the discussion came up about Ryan needing to take a drug test. 

Mack is acting like Amber.

I hope to God Gary is noting the visitation days. If I were him, I would have been keeping a journal. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Welp The Ashley reporting Mackenzie is pregnant. Good luck with that morons. 

I guess she’ll do anything to lock in that mtv payday and get out of going to nursing school ... good ol dead eyes swimmers strike again ..... that’s gonna be one fugly kid .... gonna look like a seahorse 

• Love 14

My husband's parents have seen my kids 3 times all summer (they live an hour away).  And they're really lousy grandparents.  You can't be a good mother and spend 3 days with your kids all summer.

I was shocked by their homework at rehab this week.  What in the name of god has anyone learned from Catelyn?  I was laughing when Tyler asked what they'd learned from April, but honestly the exact same question would be applicable to Catelyn.  What could poor Nova say - I learned how to chew my nails, eat ginormous quesadillas,  and go to rehab.

• Love 14

Did anyone watch the after show?

Did Kail call Chris a "f*ggot boy"? She was bleeped out. I rewinded the DVR and read her lips and I think that is what she said. Nessa had a reaction as if she could not believe Kail used such a word.

Kail is also Team Amber. According to Miss Hippo-crite, Gary should respect the other and not publicly bash the other parent.

Bitch, STFU.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I'm going to sound like the most heinous bitch but...okay, really? Cate was 3 weeks along when she miscarried? 3 weeks and they were buying a car seat?  Look, I'm not into playing the "my tragedy is worse than your tragedy" card but, REALLY? The majority of women don't even know they're pregnant until 6 or 7 weeks. I am assuming that she hadn't visited a doctor to confirm the pregnancy. From the way they've talked about it, she found out she was pregnant and then miscarried pretty much around the same time. I'm just...well, at the risk of offending everyone I'll leave it at that. 

I belong to a support group for women who have lost infants (SIDS, cancer, birth defects, etc.), pregnancies, and had stillborns. I didn't have insurance when my kid died. In fact, it took us several years to pay off his last few medical bills (hospital, ambulance ride, etc.) and his burial costs. There was nothing there for counseling for me, therapy, or even doctors' visits for medication. The only solace I had was in joining online support groups, bless 'em. It was similar for many of my online friends in grief. Damn, I wish a therapeutic resort at no cost had been available for US. In fact, if I ever become a millionaire, I'm going to create one for grieving parents-a nonprofit place where grieving parents can go for a few days for counseling, group therapy, horseback riding, and general peace alongside other grieving parents. And it won't cost them a dime. 

I remember when you shared this story a few years ago (wow! I’ve known you people for a while ?) and I remember tearing up. Your strength is admirable. 

Its a tough subject so I won’t say too much, but Pregnancy test these days are just too sensitive for anyone’s own good. 

I remember when I was TTC my third baby and I was able to find out at 11 DPO and some ladies in my TTC group (trying to conceive) found out at 8 DPO!!!! That’s Days Past Ovulation...that would mean 8 Days AFTER the female was ovulating and had sex!!

I remember congratulating some of them to later discover they miscarried and they were HEARTBROKEN!!!! Women should not be finding out this soon! That’s why they’re so many more miscarriages...sensitive pregnancy test (the dollar store ones are the BEST btw), when normally a woman would think she’s just having a heavier period that month, I could be wrong as I’m not a doctor but do all miscarriages need medical attention?

@CaliforniaLove @Rebecca I have been going NUTS waiting for March 27th!!!!! Is there a Roseanne reboot thread or are we all just going to add on to the original thread?? I got my loose meat slow cooking, I’ve got my cornflakes in a meatloaf baking and my lunchbox chicken shirt being ironed and I’m READY for the Roseanne reboot.

You know Amber kinda reminds me of Roseanne in her earlier days...I’m not trying to make fun of the queen of comedy but those earlier years she was more loud and bitchy like Amber and had really chubby face. Lol. I hope it’s a success!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Calm81
Should not type at 4-something in the morning before work - typos galore
  • Love 19

Calm81 you are completely correct that an early miscarriage requires no medical attention. My dr didn’t even see me - just ordered blood tests to confirm that hcg level was dropping and this wasn’t viable.  

If if you have an ectopic pregnancy, that needs immediate attention but they won’t see you unless you have signs of that like pain   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

I remember when you shared this story a few years ago (wow! I’ve known you people for a while ?) and I remember tearing up. Your strength is admirable. 

Its a tough subject so I won’t say too much, but Pregnancy test these days are just too sensitive for anyone’s own good. 

I remember when I was TTC my third baby and I was able to find out at 11 DPO and some ladies in my TTC group (trying to conceive) found out at 8 DPO!!!! That’s Days Past Ovulation...that would mean 8 Days AFTER the female was ovulating and had sex!!

I remember congratulating some of them to later discover they miscarried and they were HEARTBROKEN!!!! Women should not be finding out this soon! That’s why they’re so many more miscarriages...sensitive pregnancy test (the dollar store ones are the BEST btw), when normally a woman would think she’s just having a heavier period that month, I could be wrong as I’m not a doctor but do all miscarriages need medical attention?

We talk about the same thing in our grief groups. The longer I've been in the groups, the more common I've learned that miscarriages are. It's really sad. I DO think that these very sensitive pregnancy tests can be emotionally difficult. In our groups, we encourage women not to test right away when trying to conceive their rainbow babies. "Chemical pregnancies" are VERY common, even more common than miscarriages, and these newer home pregnancy tests often pick up on them. Not all miscarriages require medical attention. In a lot of cases, nature takes care of that all by itself, though in some cases a DNC may be needed. My first miscarriage was at 8 weeks and I didn't need any medical attention (it just felt and looked like a very heavy period).About a week after the miscarriage, the doctor ran an u/s to see if things looked good to try again. My second one was at 18 weeks and required a DNC. 

Don't get me wrong, I DO feel bad for Cate. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm guessing Amber and NuMatt take a RV on vacation so Amber doesn't have to spend one moment not on a sofa, even when they travel. 

Ha! I thought why take an RV instead of flying?  Now, I see your post and it make sense. 

While I am disappointed that Garry is back peddling.  I think he's doing it for Kristina and Leah and not to be at war with the beast Portwood.  Someone has to be the adult.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Caracoa1 said:

Nova is 3 years old and Cate and Tyler have always been vocal about wanting more children...why would she not have kept Nova's infant carrier from just 3 years ago?

Because they’re uppah class. 

• Love 18

Please bring back Farrah I like watching someone being productive.      The only parts of the show I can stomach and watch is Amber and that's only to see Gary, everyone else I forward and just read comments to see what the others had going on in their segments. sooooo boring.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

She is either woefully dumb, not listening, or getting horrible treatment!!!!!

I choose D, all of the above. Cate's a master multitasker in these. 

I'm disappointed that Gary is backing down now. Amber is an absent mother (at best) and should be called out. Everyone needs to stop coddling her so that she just might have an incentive to make some changes. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

that’s gonna be one fugly kid .... gonna look like a seahorse 

I'm so evil. I laughed way too hard at this. 

4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm going to sound like the most heinous bitch but...okay, really? Cate was 3 weeks along when she miscarried? 3 weeks and they were buying a car seat?  Look, I'm not into playing the "my tragedy is worse than your tragedy" card but, REALLY? The majority of women don't even know they're pregnant until 6 or 7 weeks. I am assuming that she hadn't visited a doctor to confirm the pregnancy. From the way they've talked about it, she found out she was pregnant and then miscarried pretty much around the same time. I'm just...well, at the risk of offending everyone I'll leave it at that. 

I get what you're saying, but I thought Tyler meant it happened 3 weeks after they found out they were pregnant? I mean, that makes more sense to me. When you're 3 weeks pregnant, your period isn't even due yet. Not many women test a week before their period is due (although, some do. My time on a TTC board taught me that). But we saw Cate tell Nova, their family, etc. Some time went by. I'm guessing the m/c was 3 weeks after THAT. So she was probably more like 7 weeks along. Maybe 8, if she waited until she was officially late to test. I do think that's too early to buy a carseat, regardless. I always waited until I was in the 2nd trimester to start any serious planning. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm going to sound like the most heinous bitch but...okay, really? Cate was 3 weeks along when she miscarried? 3 weeks and they were buying a car seat? 

I read awhile ago that she miscarried at 6 weeks and they found out she was pregnant at 3 weeks so I think Tyler meant they knew she was pregnant for about 3 weeks. The car seat thing is just weird and part of me thinks they made that part up for added drama...

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

Nova is 3 years old and Cate and Tyler have always been vocal about wanting more children...why would she not have kept Nova's infant carrier from just 3 years ago?

Exactly. Or, you know, wait until she was close to giving birth to buy one? If they did buy one it kinda shows the impulsivity of their buying habits, imo, because why would you buy that immediately when you won’t need it for months and months? Plus, not that anyone wants to think they’ll miscarry but so many don’t even know they’re pregnant at 3-6 weeks and everyone knows that sadly, it’s not that uncommon to lose the pregnancy that early on. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Ryan and Maci went through mediation and came to a mutual agreement about visitation. @druzy posted the video a while back of those two going over visitation with the mediator when the discussion came up about Ryan needing to take a drug test. 

Mack is acting like Amber.

I hope to God Gary is noting the visitation days. If I were him, I would have been keeping a journal. 

But isn't the visitation agreement legally enforceable? Why isn't Maci in trouble for withholding it from Ryan?

Somebody said Ryan and Maci's kid would look like a sea horse! *Dead to the bed* I can't believe she played herself, getting pregnant by a junkie. Whoever said that the Edwards knows about the pregnancy at the bowling alley due to the way Mimi Jenn reacted, ICAM. No wonder she had that big glass of beer.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I could be wrong as I’m not a doctor but do all miscarriages need medical attention?

@CaliforniaLove @Rebecca

Not all miscarriages need medical attention.  I miscarried several years ago at 9 weeks and everything came out during the miscarriage so when I went to the Dr. he said there was nothing that needed to be done.  I cried, felt bad and moved on to have 3 beautiful kids.

• Love 8

Did you all notice the scene where Tyler is trying to have a heart-to-heart with Maci and she can't even be bothered to look away from her damn phone to pretend to pay attention to him?  And then, suddenly, it's like she remembered she was filming and had to act like an actual caring (okay, she tried) human being and finally put the phone away.  It really rubbed me the wrong way because I am so sick of talking with people whose attention is constantly drawn to their phones everytime it beeps or buzzes.

Edited by A-Lo
Misspelling
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

She's too lazy to pick up poop let alone buy a new car seat. She wanted to one up Maci. Remember when they went to Puerto Rico and they were all talking over each other, it was insane.

Amber "I saw my father take his last breath."

Tyler "I saw my father free base."

Cate: "Carly misses me and Brendon and Teresa are evil." 

Maci- "You. know. what. they. say. if. you're friends. for 10 years. you're friends. for life." 

• Love 18

It makes me sick to think that Gary and Kristina are going to get sucked in to being involved with the new baby. Amber will be playing the Leah is a half sister card every chance she gets. Amber is like a fucking cancer!

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Gary was absolutely right!!! What happens to Leah if Gary gets depressed????? I mean the dude just found out his Dad is NOT his dad and doesn’t know who is that’s a moment where Gary could have (or is dealing with but keeping it to himself) fallen into a depression and Amber is hogging the get-out-of-parenting-free cards. 

This is such a good point. She never thinks about anyone other than herself. Only AMBER could possibly have a rough time in her life. No one else. But the point is - parents don't get to just check out when they hit a rough patch. You compartmentalize. You carry on. Damn. She has NO idea what being a mother is. 

17 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Gary walks around Amber like an abuse victim. Always fearing that what he’s says could cause Amber to strike at him. Men can be scared, too!

Absolutely. And, even though she's never done anything to Leah, I can see Gary wanting to keep her placated for the sake of his daughter. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Calm81 said:

m going to sound like the most heinous bitch but...okay, really? Cate was 3 weeks along when she miscarried? 3 weeks and they were buying a car seat

I expressed a similar sentiment on this topic and some of you tore me a new asshole for it. I still believe that naming a heavy period is dramatic and that Maci was just needing a story line. Please, "Dandy, Dandylion", still cracks me up. No offense to anyone.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Or, you know, wait until she was close to giving birth to buy one?

In the Italian culture you DO NOT buy anything until the doctor says you are in your second semester.

49 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

For some of he seconds I glimpse of Maci she was looking at her phone while Tyler was opening up to her and that’s all I caught. Bye bitch. You just wanted to leave the kids with Taylor for the weekend.

I saw that too and it reminded me of The Hills and the actors saying that was production giving them their cues.  I think it fits here too.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Y’all, how dare Gary and Christina say that Amber only saw Leah 2x over the summer.  She saw her THREE times.  The nerve!  They need to go flog themselves. 

so apparently I'm my niece's mother??? Wait, no, I saw her FOUR times...I guess I'm also her father.

• Love 22
10 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:
11 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Welp The Ashley reporting Mackenzie is pregnant. Good luck with that morons. 

I guess she’ll do anything to lock in that mtv payday and get out of going to nursing school ... good ol dead eyes swimmers strike again ..... that’s gonna be one fugly kid .... gonna look like a seahorse 

It's a two-fer!!

By doing one thing (getting pg), she gets two in return (no nursing school and and MTV payday)

• Love 6

1.  Loved Maci and Tyler chowing down on Whataburger (awesome Texas chain)

2. Did Maci say she was two months pregnant when she went to the dr and they broke the news to her?  That's twice this girl has gone to the ob and been surprised.  

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 6
On 3/27/2018 at 1:46 AM, GreatKazu said:

I hope so, too.  One of those three visits Amber made with Leah was going to get a manicure, wasn't it?  Did they do anything else?  Because besides the insufficient number of visits, Amber falls short in quality of visits.  I generally give quantity of time spent with a child more weight than quality of time, but poor Leah is getting neither from her "mother."

Amber's mental illness, which I understand to be manic-depressive disorder, was controlled by medication, at least before her pregnancy.  If her meds are not keeping her well enough to spend time with her child, the problem isn't the illness; it's the treatment.  She needs to have her meds changed, or adjusted.  And the same goes for depression.  I know depression is a terrible thing and often doesn't respond to medication or talk therapy, but if she is unable to function simply to the point of spending an hour or two with her child a couple of times a week, maybe she should be hospitalized.

And how in the *hell* is she supposed to deal with an infant, who can't be put on a visitation schedule?

And another thing:  about miscarriages.  First of all, many if not most women experience at least one miscarriage during their reproductive years, so even though it may be a "traumatic" event (per Tyler), it's not rare and doesn't justify being announced in a whisper, as if Catelynn had had gender reassignment surgery or something.  Miscarriages happen, and people respond in a whole spectrum of ways, but they are not unusual and usually do not signal anything of significance with regard to future pregnancies.

Furthermore, I wonder if anyone has mentioned to Catelynn (or Maci) that often miscarriages are caused by problems with fetal development, that the life of the fetus was not sustainable, and in that way a miscarriage is actually a good thing.  In fact, obviously *something* was wrong with the pregnancy, especially in two healthy young women who have previously given birth to healthy babies; it's not as if a fully-developed baby was miscarried.  An early miscarriage, such as I have suffered, looks like flow of a heavy period.

Edited to add:  In describing an early miscarriage as looking like a heavy period, I do not mean to minimize the pain parents can feel over any miscarriage, no matter how early.  But imo it's a little self-indulgent to refer to the fetus in the first couple of months of development as a baby.  That's just me, and of course ymmv.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I hope so, too.  One of those three visits Amber made with Leah was going to get a manicure, wasn't it?  Did they do anything else?  Because besides the insufficient number of visits, Amber falls short in quality of visits.  I generally give quantity of time spent with a child more weight than quality of time, but poor Leah is getting neither from her "mother."

Leah's mental illness, which I understand to be manic-depressive disorder, was controlled by medication, at least before her pregnancy.  If her meds are not keeping her well enough to spend time with her child, the problem isn't the illness; it's the treatment.  She needs to have her meds changed, or adjusted.  And the same goes for depression.  I know depression is a terrible thing and often doesn't respond to medication or talk therapy, but if she is unable to function simply to the point of spending an hour or two with her child a couple of times a week, maybe she should be hospitalized.

And how in the *hell* is she supposed to deal with an infant, who can't be put on a visitation schedule?

And another thing:  about miscarriages.  First of all, many if not most women experience at least one miscarriage during their reproductive years, so even though it may be a "traumatic" event (per Tyler), it's not rare and doesn't justify being announced in a whisper, as if Catelynn had had gender reassignment surgery or something.  Miscarriages happen, and people respond in a whole spectrum of ways, but they are not unusual and usually do not signal anything of significance with regard to future pregnancies.

Furthermore, I wonder if anyone has mentioned to Catelynn (or Maci) that often miscarriages are caused by problems with fetal development, that the life of the fetus was not sustainable, and in that way a miscarriage is actually a good thing.  In fact, obviously *something* was wrong with the pregnancy, especially in two healthy young women who have previously given birth to healthy babies; it's not as if a fully-developed baby was miscarried.  An early miscarriage, such as I have suffered, looks like flow of a heavy period.

What I walked away from this episode with (other than Gary's hotness) was that IF Cate's miscarriage truly did send her over the edge and make her THAT suicidal then Girlfriend needs more care than what that therapeutic resort can offer. Honestly, despite the fact that Maci was also getting on my nerves, I kind of felt bad for her sitting there and listening to Cate. She'd gone through the exact same thing just a few months earlier. If Cate's early miscarriage literally sent her into suicidal depression then she needs intensive therapy and GOOD after care. And they should not be talking about having another child until Cate is healthier. 

• Love 14

What is funny to me, is Gary is larger ( no judgement) and he is upright more than Amber. I loved that he said he might flip her off if she started stuff.  Cracked me up.  I am so glad Leah has a stable Mom and Dad at home.  

I truly hope NuMatt is a good dad and gets custody and gives baby a good life. 

How did Amber have the energy for sex to get pregnant in the first place?! I need answers! 

Whoever typed out Maci's.talking.like.this. Is so right! She talks like she is bored of everything. 

Gary for the win! 

• Love 10

I am trying to fathom HOW Amber is going to care for the new baby. I suppose NuMatt will do everything while she couch surfs, but just to cover the basics, like go to the store, take out the trash, make a meal, will NuMatt have the baby strapped to him while Amber lays around? Then when she and NuMatt break up, I suppose he will have to take the baby since Amber will be depressed. Why am I even asking these questions? I hope NuMatt is up for raising an infant on his own. His family isn't local so no memaw to take over. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, druzy said:

gary.png

NO GARY!  You had it right the first time!  I am so sad to see him go back, I was cheering him on last night.

16 hours ago, Linny said:

And with all these visitors popping in and out of Catelynn's facility (plus the very young and casual staff member we saw), I have to wonder about the quality of her care. I hope she's genuinely getting something from her time other than a view of sun-drenched Arizona.

That counselor was extremely casual, and looked to be the age of a high school student.  Not that counselors all need to be over the age of 50, but how much experience/education could the young counselor have?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why did Tyler have to supervise Cate and Maci?

He wasn't there to supervise, he was there for the camera.  He wasn't about to let those two hog any camera time that he could make an excuse to be involved in as well.

12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Did Kail call Chris a "f*ggot boy"? She was bleeped out. I rewinded the DVR and read her lips and I think that is what she said. Nessa had a reaction as if she could not believe Kail used such a word.

I think she used the 4-letter F-word, not the 6-letter F-word.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuckboy

Still not exactly the greatest thing in the world to call your child's dad, but I don't think she said the gay slur (I hope not).  It also doesn't make her look too great, since by calling him that she basically is admitting that she kept falling for his nonsense and kept hooking up with him. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11