Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Nina's Crushing It

• Start Topic

Thank goodness my little Anthony is safe! I was sweating it at the end. I liked the final five but would like to see Anthony Stanley and Fabio compete for the title. 

Ken did deserve the win IMO. I could never wear that yellow but many women could wear it well. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 18

Hell no, Stanley, that was far from perfection.  The pants were atrocious.  Too bad, because the dress, while nothing new, did look nice on the model.  The crotch of Edmond's jumpsuit fit so bad, but that was only the start of the problems with it.  Ken's was great and really flattered the model.   Anthony's looked too much  Fabio's from last week. Fabio's would have looked so much nicer in a different, lighter fabric.  

• Love 7

I was disappointed in Edmond this season.  I remember really liking him on his original season of Project Runway, but I felt like, here, he just coasted along and never really tried or wanted to be there.  

I think Stanley's outfit would have been great if, instead of really big loose pants, he had made a tight pant instead, like a cigarette pant.  The colours were good, but those wide-legged pants just didn't look right.

• Love 20

Resort wear?  nope. no how, no way.  

So they may be dawg tired.  So maybe the fabric forest that is Mood just isn't resort oriented.  

Or resort is just a state of mind, and they've lost theirs, Milano's clothing picker included.

• Love 1

Awrighty, first of all, is Kelly Osborne or her mother or father pumping money into this show or something?  Who in hell decided that she was some sort of fashion expert?  I know she was on that silly E show with Joan Rivers, but seriously?

The decision to bounce Edmond was correct I suppose, but it could have just as easily been Fabio in my opinion.  What in hell those judges saw in that truly escapes me.  Ken's had the most visual impact, which is why he won, imo.

Overall, once again, these designs were mostly uninspired.

• Love 10

I'd like to wear Anthony's this summer.

If I could figure out how I would be able to use the bathroom without getting pretty much undressed.

None of this was really fun or vacationy to me.  Did love Ken's choice of yellow.

• Love 5

I'm liking Ken more and more and he seems to have made the most consistent upward progress. I wouldn't be surprised if he wont the whole thing. However, from the standpoint of narrative, my guess is that the season was designed to make Fabio or Stanley a winner.

If they were SMART though, they'd make Anthony a winner prior to giving him a spin-off series.

Nina looked a hot mess.. her hair badly needed combing (or defrizzing/de-static'ing) and that dress looked like something I find on the $10 rack at my favorite Odd Lots type discount store halfway through the summer. (Around here it's Ocean State Job Lot, but every region has somethng like that)

• Love 13

Poor Edmond totally misinterpreted the challenge. He heard "mountain" & immediately thought "ski suit." By the time whatshername suggested après ski in the work room--- it was really too late; his look was already committed with that scuba-looking fabric. Based on his winning Rock and Roll look last week, I think he could have made an interesting layered look, with more coverage, cozy knitwear & leggings. Georgina & Kelly were right: his design looked like someone who had never been skiing. Bummer. He was so nice. & I always hope the designers go out on a look that they can feel proud of.

• Love 9

That woman from Candy Crush……yikes

Ken's was my favorite, so I'm glad he won, but Anthony's was my 2nd favorite & I don't know why it didn't get more love. I thought Fabio, Stanley, & Edmond's looks were all too heavy, & I didn't like any of them, but out of the bunch, I thought Edmond was the one to eliminate.

• Love 22
On 3/16/2018 at 9:05 AM, cinsays said:

Damn....I was hoping that the consultant/coach Anne was gone for good, but guess she is back for this episode.  She just seems so sour, sober, critical.  

I don't hate Anne but, especially in contrast to Zanna Roberts Rassi who, even when giving negative information, was pleasant about it, she seems dour. Zanna reminded me more of Winnie the Pooh, and Anne reminds me of Eyeore.

As for the designs? I liked Ken's the best. It really fit the challenge without getting caught in the typical "beach rut" of bathing suit". The color may be his favorite color, but it also fit this challenge perfectly and was a perfect reference to summer/beach. I am really likeing his humility this season. Its a much better look on him.

Anthony - I liked his idea, but something definitely got lost in the translation being for a safari. If he'd stayed with the typical sillouette of a safari jacket but with this fabric, maybe it'd translate better.

Fabio - I didn't love it. The front was too long which threw me off. It seemed like a split personality dress. If he'd let a little of the blue show in the front, I'd have like it better.

Stanley - I actually really liked it and would wear it, albeit not together. Even the print didn't bother me. The hat did though.

Edmund - I knew he was gone when he used scuba material for a ski outfit. I love him, but it was obvious he was out of his comfort zone. It just wasn't good, lookswise or fitwise.

Watching this show made me sad since I really like all of these designers. They are competative but have a cameraderie. I didn't want to see anyone go home.

Edited by Snappy
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, slothgirl said:

I'm liking Ken more and more and he seems to have made the most consistent upward progress. I wouldn't be surprised if he wont the whole thing. However, from the standpoint of narrative, my guess is that the season was designed to make Fabio or Stanley a winner.

If they were SMART though, they'd make Anthony a winner prior to giving him a spin-off series.

Nina looked a hot mess.. her hair badly needed combing (or defrizzing/de-static'ing) and that dress looked like something I find on the $10 rack at my favorite Odd Lots type discount store halfway through the summer. (Around here it's Ocean State Job Lot, but every region has somethng like that)

Love Job Lots, just not for my wardrobe. Maybe I'll see Nina there one day.

My favorite part about this time of the season is that we get to hear comments for all the designers.

I had a lot of issues with Stanley's look. If you take away the poofy sleeves and the pants, it looks like a typical DVF wrap dress from the shape to the neckline to the color to the print. The poofed up bell sleeves gave it more of a country feel. The pants underneath made no sense with that shape of the skirt. The pants looked too heavy. I think the pants might have looked better if the hem of the dress had been shorter.

Edmond's scuba ski jumpsuit was just a black jumpsuit with a belt and a frilly scarf. The crotch looked loose and weird.

Ken's yellow jumpsuit was SO resortwear. It looked easy and comfortable and non-fussy but it was also something you would happily take vacation pictures in.

Anthony's safari romper was cute but I don't think I'd wear that on any vacation, let alone a safari. I did like that he used the shapes as his inspiration instead of the Candy Crush colors. I loved the striped pea coat he wore on the runway.

Fabio's two tone dress with the blue pants underneath was okay in from the front but then she turned around and it looked like she was wearing an apron over pants. And there was something going on because the model kept putting her hand behind her back to adjust it while she was walking down the runway.

Loved that Kelly Osbourne asked Alyssa if she was only saying nice things about Edmond's boring jumpsuit because she likes him.

I think this is the first time in years that I agreed with the judges about both the winning and losing looks!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Snappy said:

I don't hate Anne but, especially in contrast to Zanna Roberts Rassi who, even when giving negative information, was pleasant about it, she seems dour. Zanna reminded me more of Winnie the Pooh, and Anne reminds me of Eyeore.

As for the designs? I liked Ken's the best. It really fit the challenge without getting caught in the typical "beach rut" of bathing suit". The color may be his favorite color, but it also fit this challenge perfectly and was a perfect reference to summer/beach. I am really likeing his humility this season. Its a much better look on him.

Anthony - I liked his idea, but something definitely got lost in the translation being for a safari. If he'd stayed with the typical sillouette of a safari jacket but with this fabric, maybe it'd translate better.

Fabio - I didn't love it. The front was too long which threw me off. It seemed like a split personality dress. If he'd let a little of the blue show in the front, I'd have like it better.

Stanley - I actually really liked it and would wear it, albeit not together. Even the print didn't bother me. The hat did though.

Edmund - I knew he was gone when he used scuba material for a ski outfit. I love him, but it was obvious he was out of his comfort zone. It just wasn't good, lookswise or fitwise.

Watching this show made me sad since I really like all of these designers. They are competative but have a cameraderie. I didn't want to see anyone go home.

It also seems like she has no authority. The designers just ignore what she says and do what they want.

Stanley at the hair studio: "My inspiration is Lake Cuomo, I'm thinking of Amal Clooney...."

Cuomo is the Governor of NY, Stanley. Como is the lake in Italy :)

That green print "lakeside" fabric was....... really ugly.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, GaT said:

That woman from Candy Crush……yikes

Right??  Waaaay too many bad choices going on there.  The nose ring, the sea-sick green hair dye and hair done via weed whacker were bad enough.  But I was totally distracted by the teeth/mouth/lipstick.  People who have yellowish teeth should never ever ever wear orange-based reds!  Go for the blue-based tones to cancel out the yellow dinge!  

What the hell did Candy Crush have to do with any of this?  I have heard of the game, but I thought the rage died out in 2015, no?  And none of the designs made me think "Candy Crush" or "video game".  But then again NONE of the product placed shills ever have, so yay for consistency? 

• Love 10

I thought Fabio was a goner. I was shocked that Anthony was on the bottom. I thought Stanley's was lovely (though I agree that cigarette pants or leggings, and a shorter top, would have looked better) Ken's was perfection. I didn't even mind Edmond's. This is why I am not a fashion director.

I like Kelly Osborne. (ducks). I know she's polarizing, but I feel like she's turned out to be hardworking and for the most part, humble. She had an eye for art and design even as a teenager and she's made it work for her, I can't fault her for that. She and Jack have both turned out pretty well, considering what spoiled, fucked up teenagers they were.

• Love 20
50 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought Fabio was a goner. I was shocked that Anthony was on the bottom. I thought Stanley's was lovely (though I agree that cigarette pants or leggings, and a shorter top, would have looked better) Ken's was perfection. I didn't even mind Edmond's. This is why I am not a fashion director.

I like Kelly Osborne. (ducks). I know she's polarizing, but I feel like she's turned out to be hardworking and for the most part, humble. She had an eye for art and design even as a teenager and she's made it work for her, I can't fault her for that. She and Jack have both turned out pretty well, considering what spoiled, fucked up teenagers they were.

You don't have to duck, differing opinions are not only allowed here, they're encouraged!

That said, you're dead to me now.

• Love 23
14 hours ago, ichbin said:

Anthony's looked too much  Fabio's from last week.

I thought the same thing.  But there wasn't any drama about that from Fabio like there would have been from Margarita.

I am pretty pleased that the final five, now the final four, are all men of color.  Not many reality shows can say that.

• Love 14

I didn't even notice that the final four were men of color!  Not sure how many were gay or not either.  But I was shocked that there were no women designers going into the final. I think the judges should choose the best of the auffed women and bring her back to at least give a little equality .  Who would be your choice to bring back if that hapened?

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ken's yellow jumpsuit was SO resortwear. It looked easy and comfortable and non-fussy but it was also something you would happily take vacation pictures in.

His model looked amazing in it.  That was such a gorgeous color with her skin tone. I do agree that it would have been nice (more time) if the sarong piece could have been removable. 

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like her too. They've both earned their way out of just being in the family shadow to me. 

• Love 4

The full skirted dress over wide leg pants with a hat really reminded me of the dance or traditional folk costuming of some Central or South American country, but now that I've done some internet searching, I can't find anything like it. Peru? Ecuador? Guatemala? Bolivia? I'm pretty sure I've seen something like that somewhere. I actually liked the direction he was going with the idea, but it didn't quite come together.

Edited to add: The closest thing I can find is a mashup of the Argentine gaucho (cowboy) outfits for men and women. But the pants would have to be tucked into boots.

Anyway, the whole outfit looked like a folk costume to me rather than a fashion forward idea based on a traditional folk outfit

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

It also seems like she has no authority. The designers just ignore what she says and do what they want.

Some tried to listen to her in the first episodes, and ended up in the bottom everytime (even went out). I don't remember the specifics but for instance she encouraged one designer to keep on with a print, which he was unsure about. The judges hated the print. I wouldn't listen to her either.

• Love 3

Given the theme was Candy Crush, I expected more colour.  

Sweet-toothed me got all excited when they said Candy Crush thinking they were going to get an unconventional candy challenge. I know they did it on Project Runway awhile ago but this was the perfect tie-in. Candy Crush and resort wear? Not so much.

• Love 5

After looking at the pics again, I realized that as much as Ken's looked was fabulous on the runway, who wants to have to go to the bathroom in a jumpsuit with a whole lot of extra fabric attached up top? Instead of making the cape removable, the bodysuit needed to be 2 pieces or able to be separated with a zipper around the waist (like those pants that convert to shorts)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Jsage said:

Candy Crush and resort wear? Not so much.

I have never played the game, but they showed what looked like a video of "candy lands." I thought the game was far simpler than that. Was there some short-lived experiment two years ago to do something more involved, and those were "actual lands" in the game? Or were they just "making stuff up"? Very very strange.

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I have never played the game, but they showed what looked like a video of "candy lands." I thought the game was far simpler than that. Was there some short-lived experiment two years ago to do something more involved, and those were "actual lands" in the game?

To keep the game interesting, they do break the levels up into 'lands' so it is like you are wandering through an entire candy country. It is a very simple match 3 game, but each level you beat moves you further along the path. I have no idea if you eventually come to the end of the path though.  

Have we, the fans, figured out why Ken keeps wearing those bandanas and cloths around his neck at every opportunity? I don't think we've seen his actual neck since the early episodes.

• Love 2

I couldn't believe that Fabio was in the top and seemed to be a contender for the win.  I thought the pink was very light and boring.  And, it truly looked like the model was going to trip over the long hanging fabric in the front.  Then, when the judges were wowed about the back of that design I was like "huh?"  I wonder if they're pushing him for the win.

I loved Ken's and I really liked Anthony's so was surprised when he wasn't in the top.  It was interesting that when one of the judges said something about the white that Anthony right away said the instructions said they did not have to use Candy Crush colors.  Color me surprised about that.

Although I'm sorry to see any of them eliminated (I really, really like this final five), I was relieved that Anthony stayed.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

His model looked amazing in it.  That was such a gorgeous color with her skin tone.

I agree, but I have a question. Do the designers know who their models are before they go to Mood? As beautiful as the color was on Ken's model, it would have been hideous on other skin tones.  I can't wear yellow at all, and that shade in particular would make me look ghastly.

I've never played Candy Crush. I thought "Sticky Savannah" referred to the beautiful city in Georgia in the summertime.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, scarlettudor said:

I didn't even notice that the final four were men of color!  Not sure how many were gay or not either.  But I was shocked that there were no women designers going into the final. I think the judges should choose the best of the auffed women and bring her back to at least give a little equality .  Who would be your choice to bring back if that hapened?

As were the final five!  I noted that last week.  A refreshing change (although some WOC mixed in would be nice).

• Love 2

That yellow on Ken's model's dark skin was striking. I (caramel complexion) would look terrible in it though. His was the clear winner. I actually thought Anthony would be in the top with him. Edmond's was awful - even the model looked miserable. I hated Stanley's pants with the dress - the proportions were off. Agree that a slim cigarette pant would have been much better. I like the color combination though - love green and white.

Nina needed a hairbrush so badly. You know her hair is carefully colored every month but it looked so messy here!

I love Anthony, again, still, some more. "I agree, it is very exciting to see us." I laughed.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I love Anthony, again, still, some more. "I agree, it is very exciting to see us." I laughed.

I did too.

Candy Crush. Am I passé to think how passé that is?

I love Kelly Osborne. I miss Fashion Police with Joan Rivers and Kelly. I wish she could be a regular judge on one of the PR's.

The judges were right with the winner and loser.

• Love 5

I was thinking about how much I’d enjoy a spin off with Ken, Anthony, Stanley, and Fabio. They have such great chemistry together. Especially Ken and Anthony who are my dream team.

Ken deserved the win. Her took my least favourite colour and made it appealing. It made his model’s skin glow. She looked like money, honey! ? 

I adored Anthony’s look. It was perfect for a safari (not the stripper ?)

• Love 7
9 hours ago, scarlettudor said:

This show is about fashion design not political correctness. These finalists are there because they were judged better than those who were eliminated. And I can't say I've disagreed with any of the eliminated contestants.

Your question doesn't really have anything to do with the episode, I think it would be better addressed in another thread.

• Love 8

Unlike most everyone else here, I really don't care for Anthony. His phony silliness gets on my nerves. I didn't like his outfit but when one of the judges said it looked like an apron I gasped. That was my exact thought when I saw Fabio's. 

• Love 4