Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05: Week 5

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I would be cheering for any woman who, during any group date/party, put her hand up and told him "I'm not kissing you and the five other women you've kissed so far tonight." Cause, really, EWWWWW. One on one date, sure make out all you want, group setting, when his tongue just came out of some other chicks mouth, nope, not happening. He doesn't even seem to have time to pop in a breath mint between makeouts.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I didn't like him telling Krystal "know I'm not happy about this".  Arie, you already look like you could be half these ladies' creepy uncle and/or father, you don't have to sound like it too. 

Yes, it was a real Ward Cleaver moment, for us oldies who get the reference.

Beaver, i am disappointed in you. I want you to stay in your room and think about what you've done. (Walks away to smoke his pipe while wearing a cardigan sweater)

• Love 11
16 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I am coming in Late I didn’t know this season had even started, but I grew up in a bowling alley has got to be the BEST made up story EVER!

Sounds like a really good blues song, doesn't it?

13 hours ago, backformore said:

Krystal's whispery-sweet  "our first FI-IGHT!"  was the most annoying part of the whole show.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Sienne is too good for any part of this franchise - I'm still struggling to figure out how she found her way on this show in the first place. Perhaps she's doing a deep undercover investigate report, a la UnREAL? 

If it means she ends up shitting herself on camera, I am all for that scenario.

This is all production manipulation. He does NOT like Krystal but TPTB do! She is the bitch who is dragged along as far as they dare. 

I don't think Arie likes any of these women. But there are a handful he really, really wants to have sex with, and Krystal is one of them.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 9

Poor Tia. Because she's from the country, she gets a close encounter with an alligator, gets dumped off at an old shack and is presented with fried frog legs for her lunch. Plus Arie looked like he was dressed in some old pajamas for that part of the date.  I hope she gets to enjoy a "finer things" date down the line when they get to Europe, because what they gave her last night was subpar.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Poor Tia. Because she's from the country, she gets a close encounter with an alligator, gets dumped off at an old shack and is presented with fried frog legs for her lunch.

yeah, stereotype much? She even pointed out that she lives in the city. They do have those in Arkansas.

• Love 9

Personally, I loved Arie’s Ward Cleaver tone with Krystal.  If you act like a child you can expect to be treated like one.

One question.  Why did Bekah go to the cocktail party wearing a bra?  With no top.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Poor Tia. Because she's from the country, she gets a close encounter with an alligator, gets dumped off at an old shack and is presented with fried frog legs for her lunch. Plus Arie looked like he was dressed in some old pajamas for that part of the date.  I hope she gets to enjoy a "finer things" date down the line when they get to Europe, because what they gave her last night was subpar.

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

yeah, stereotype much? She even pointed out that she lives in the city. They do have those in Arkansas.

Don't forget the moonshine Arie drug out a few episodes back. This show does seem to love stereotyping people from the south. Even Raven, (who admittingly seemed more comfortable with it) was more accomplished than a lot of these women, ( social media influencer etc.., which is what they have listed as Jenna's job) with owning her own business. I really don't know why I expect more from this show at this point but this isn't the dark ages. As @dleighg pointed out there are cities in Arkansas and they even have modern conveniences like cars, phones and computers. Yeah sarcasm intended.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, limecoke said:

One question.  Why did Bekah go to the cocktail party wearing a bra?  With no top.

It looks like she won't wear both at the same time, so it's either a top/dress with no bra underneath, or a bra/bustier with no top over it.

• Love 3

The situation: you're competing with a dozen women for the attention of one man. You finally have time alone, and at long last are presented with the opportunity to get to know this irresistible character. You have, at most, 15 minutes before some other desperate woman storms in on you.

And what question do ask first.

Ahem..."What's your favorite color?"

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Ahem..."What's your favorite color?"

Oh yes. And how he likes his eggs or his coffee is such absolutely intimate and necessary knowledge. I guess she's implying that she will cook him breakfast in bed and deliver it on a blue placemat :)

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, limecoke said:

A girl on BB wore a sports bra with shorts or jeans daily.  It must be a trend. 

Am I reading Chelsea right? ... she is with her Sugardaddy for 5-6 years, maybe the relationship is deteriorating, so she decides to trap him or force his hand by getting pregnant.  It doesn’t work, he won’t be manipulated and he leaves her 6 months after the birth of her child.  Telling that he married the next Sugarbaby but not her.

• Love 7

In my best Krystal breathy, run-on, refuse-to-pronounce-the-end-of-words voice:  

OKyouguysI'mreallystrugglingbecauseIhadtogetupveryearlyandtravelalldayandIfeelbadbecauseImissedthechancetopostnormallyearlierandIdon'twanttorepeatanyofthegoodstuffalreadypostedsoI'llprobablyjusthavetocatchuptoyounextweeksinceunfortunatelyKrystalwillbetherethankstoproducerswhoareonceagainboredstiffwiththeirstiffBachelorandareengineeringasmanycatfightsastheycanget.

Glitter.  That was glitter.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 15

Krystal’s traumatic bowling alley childhood actually was hilarious to listen to, plus did she really think that story was going to turn Arie into a rescuing knight in shining armor? I thought it was making him think, “Run!” I hope it gets reprised next week.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

It looks like she won't wear both at the same time, so it's either a top/dress with no bra underneath, or a bra/bustier with no top over it.

Dressing is tricky. Maybe when she's 25 she will have mastered layering undergarments with outer garments. 

• Love 10

Sometimes I think Becca K is really pretty, and then I realize that it's Jacqueline. And I don't even mean that as snark. I mean just this week, 5 weeks into this shitshow of a season, I finally realized there were two different girls with dark hair and pretty brown eyes, and the one with the non-wonky jaw is actually a separate person named Jacqueline and not just Becca K at a good angle. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Mambo Queen said:

Sometimes I think Becca K is really pretty, and then I realize that it's Jacqueline. And I don't even mean that as snark. I mean just this week, 5 weeks into this shitshow of a season, I finally realized there were two different girls with dark hair and pretty brown eyes, and the one with the non-wonky jaw is actually a separate person named Jacqueline and not just Becca K at a good angle. 

Yes, and I'm still trying to figure out which blonde is which.  What really doesn't help is when one woman's voice is like a voiceover to scene, but it's not clear who is talking. I try to figure it out, then realize it doesn't actually matter.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Actually, that was a pretty nice cracker house.  If I could work remotely, I would disappear into the Everglades and never come back.  But I would live in the cypress.  The sawgrass is boring to me.  I already live next to it.   But good for Arie, you can’t hear much on an airboat, so he didn’t have to listen to Tia, just grab her face and slobber on her.  One tired ass looking alligator.  Too bad they didn’t call me for a tour.  I know where the damn things are stacked up like cordwood, and it’s really gross and creepy.   How were these rumpkins in my territory and I wasn’t notified!

also Ft Lauderdale is my favorite city I ever lived in, but it’s not sexy.  Miami is the sexy city, but old g’pa possum couldn’t keep up the Miami nightlife pace.

oh Krystal, how do I love you!  You showed Arie futuristic! (?).  I am not nor have I ever been anti futuristic.  Very nice meltdown.  She just may need to move to Paris like Kelsey Poe if she keeps being so awesome.  I would be pissed off that the bowling losers got a piece of the pie too. 

Arie is dumb.  A lot of these women are smart and accomplished.  Why is the beautiful one who must be a mime there?  For this dumb, mediocre putz?  Social media following?  Got roofied walking past a casting call?

finally, why is the live music always country?  I find it odd that almost every season has some cheesy country act like big pig, etc.  it’s annoying.  Damnit, we have KC and the Sunshine band in south Florida.  They work pretty cheap these days. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I would love to see KC and the Sunshine band!

I saw them on Hollywood beach the last time we hosted the Super Bowl in Miami.   Harry Casey is the best live performer I’ve ever seen.  Did not miss a beat.  Turns out I like disco.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I saw them on Hollywood beach the last time we hosted the Super Bowl in Miami.   Harry Casey is the best live performer I’ve ever seen.  Did not miss a beat.  Turns out I like disco.  

I'm not ashamed to say that I love disco. ; )

• Love 3

I would rather listen to any disco group than these lame, soppy acts they get for the show. They are really interchangeable. At least disco's got some personality. And it's fun, which is why it will never be on this show. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

finally, why is the live music always country?

Not always. Sometimes, when a formerly famous musician/band is trying for a comeback, they'll be desperate enough to appear on this show. Off the top of my head, I can think of Romeo Santos (Juan Pablo), Boyz II Men (Andi), and Backstreet Boys (Ick Vile).

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Not always. Sometimes, when a formerly famous musician/band is trying for a comeback, they'll be desperate enough to appear on this show. Off the top of my head, I can think of Romeo Santos (Juan Pablo), Boyz II Men (Andi), and Backstreet Boys (Ick Vile).

Yes and can't remember his name but they had a pop/contemporary singer on this season as well. Early on I believe on the Becca date? But yeah it does seem to usually be second rate country acts.

ETA: Forgot to add the guy was a never heard of second rate act also but hey at least he wasn't country.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I just remember the Cranberries, or at least Delores O’Riordan was on.  

• Love 2

Back to the religion question - my hubby is very Catholic churchy and goes every week.  Me, never.  Our son did church growing up, then stopped at age 18 and didn't go for the next 18 years.  He's recently joined an Episcopal congregation, partly as a social and cultural experience.  We each do our own thing and it's worked for us just fine.  Different religious attitudes are only an issue if you let them be one.

• Love 8

Dear Nick:  some people may have thought XYZ but many, many more people found you to be a crashing, lisping bore.

Put your dress-up sneakers on and go do your passive aggressive beta male act in private.  

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would be cheering for any woman who, during any group date/party, put her hand up and told him "I'm not kissing you and the five other women you've kissed so far tonight." Cause, really, EWWWWW. One on one date, sure make out all you want, group setting, when his tongue just came out of some other chicks mouth, nope, not happening. He doesn't even seem to have time to pop in a breath mint between makeouts.

its funny to think of the very first bachelor season, where shannon made it to the final 2 or 3 and I believe she refused to kiss him because he had kissed other girls. how times have changed! I would hope they are brushing their teeth between scenes!!

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, backformore said:

I often wonder, not just with this bachelor, but with all of them - do any of these women stop and ask themselves if the Bachelor is really all that?  

Sharleen did (Juan Pablo's season). She said one of my favorite lines: "I wish I could be more stupid."

When Krystal was so upset about Arie's "broken promise", I could tell it was triggered by something from the past, that there were lots of broken promises by people she thought she could count on (like parents). Her reaction was just too much for something so silly.  What I'm tired of is all the attention she is getting from the show; she has most of the talking heads and I'd rather hear more from the other women on subjects other than Krystal.  It was so tiresome with Corrinne and with Olivia, not so much with Kelsey Poe because she was fun to watch.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, rebel2u said:

All the close ups on Krystal, to me, emphasized her strong, masculine features.  She looked like a big ole country girly-man.

I was noticing the big muscles in her arms and shoulders.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

not so much with Kelsey Poe because she was fun to watch.

See, that's the kind of "villain" I enjoyed. Kelsey was gold. The Corrine and Krystals of the world don't amuse me at all. They are tedious and boring.

49 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Sharleen did (Juan Pablo's season). She said one of my favorite lines: "I wish I could be more stupid."

I couldn't have loved her more in that moment.

• Love 4

Lots of Nick Viall hate on this Arie site. I actually liked Nick on his season and thought he is one of the more interesting and intelligent bachelors. I thought i’d Like Arie but his sleepy eyes and penchant for kissing anything that moves is getting boring. Loved his slap down of Krystal - too bad it didn’t last long enough to dump her. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, EllenB said:

Back to the religion question - my hubby is very Catholic churchy and goes every week.  Me, never.  Our son did church growing up, then stopped at age 18 and didn't go for the next 18 years.  He's recently joined an Episcopal congregation, partly as a social and cultural experience.  We each do our own thing and it's worked for us just fine.  Different religious attitudes are only an issue if you let them be one.

I am happy to let this be a dealbreaker issue in my relationships. I would go as far as to say it is a romantic turn off when someone has opposing views. I am surprised Arie and Tia were so cavalier about it. Maybe their bond over ugly tattoos conquers everything.

About Krystal...I am working under the assumption that she is a phony contestant. I have grown to accept this sort of thing on this show but only in moderation. When they make almost entire episodes about the villain, I just want to turn it off.

My least favourite thing about Arie is the babytalk voice he uses when consoling one of his "girls"...and also that he calls everyone girls.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, EllenB said:

Sometimes it works, but there has to be some compromise. If a woman has thoughts of a big church wedding, for example. And some religions push hard for a spouse to convert, or to vow to bring the kids up in the other's religion.  And there's the whole social aspect of attendance at church as a family. Some religions are very clear that family members who don't attend church will not be United in heaven.  I was raised strict Catholic, but I'm a non-believer now. I would not be happy married to someone who based every decision on what God or Jesus wants, for example.  When someone says on their first date that religion is important, a non-believer is not a good match for them.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

I was raised strict Catholic, but I'm a non-believer now. I would not be happy married to someone who based every decision on what God or Jesus wants, for example.  When someone says on their first date that religion is important, a non-believer is not a good match for them.

I'm with you. If I'm dating someone who is all about "God's will" or says "God has a plan" I'm out because we are not compatible on a very core level. I think a lot of differences can be overcome, but this is probably the hardest to overcome. Not saying it can't be done, obviously it can, but, well, I can't see Arie working that hard at a relationship.

• Love 11

Once Krystal said she "grew up" in a bowling alley (who knows what the truth is) I wonder if she was a good bowler. And then she chose her team based on wanting to beat the ones who were talking against her.  Her team winning was her way of getting some kind of vindication, a victory over the "haters."  I bet she saw the blue team as people who were on her side, in some rivalry she has with Beckah.  It wasn't about getting time with Arie as much as it was about certain other women NOT getting time with him. She wanted to be recognized and rewarded for being the bestest bowler ever.

She did end up getting special attention when Arie went to her room, which I thought was a big mistake on his part. (But maybe producer driven).

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

About Krystal...I am working under the assumption that she is a phony contestant.

I am so naive LOL, I never even suspect phony contestants ... I need a drink haha

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, backformore said:

It wasn't about getting time with Arie as much as it was about certain other women NOT getting time with him.

So much this. Yeah, when she found out Bekah was going to get time with him too she had to be livid.

Producer plant, actress, or real, I just hate Krystal. If she's acting she's doing a piss poor job, if she's a producer plant she's a moron, and if she's real, I weep for humanity. No matter which it is, I just don't find her entertaining.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I was so waiting for Tia to break out with "Oh, my.  It's Friday night already?" when she saw the air boat.   "Because that's what we do on Friday nights while we wait for it to get dark enough to go frogging.  And then we all get drunk and go cow-tipping."

• Love 4

Not to get all "right reasons" on everybody, but who do you like/root for so far? I guess those are two different questions since I wouldn't wish a relationship with Arie on any of them necessarily, but I like Bekah, Kendall, Tia, and Seinne. They seem like the best hangs and the most charismatic in a normal way.

• Love 1

I don't understand Seinne's continued existence on the show. You never see her talking to Arie or at all really and yet every time she gets a rose. I realize she's quite beautiful but we know just about zero about her and less about why Arie keeps her weekly.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't understand Seinne's continued existence on the show. You never see her talking to Arie or at all really and yet every time she gets a rose. I realize she's quite beautiful but we know just about zero about her and less about why Arie keeps her weekly.

I think she's one of the "there's someone he's less interested in than her so they go first" contestants.  So, if she keeps her head down, she can travel and have fun without having to worry about actually winning.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, huskerj12 said:

Not to get all "right reasons" on everybody, but who do you like/root for so far?

I like: Sienne, smart and beautiful, Jacqueline because she seems totally bored with it all, Bekah, because she's playing him like a fiddle and she pisses off Krystal, Kendall, because she's weird. Becca because she reminds me of Janet from The Good Place.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I just hate Krystal. If she's acting she's doing a piss poor job

I think since she’s supposed to be the villain, if she’s acting she’s doing an excellent job, nobody can seem to stand her ?

• Love 2