Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05: Week 5

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 1/29/2018 at 9:02 PM, Stan39 said:

Wow. ABC showed an ad for next week's show that had Krystal in it. Way to build suspense for the rose ceremony. I don't think they care anymore. 

Feel bad for Maquel to come back just to go home again. This whole episode was dull. 

I noticed that too. It ruined it for me. 

I think the producers made him give Krystal a rose. He doesn't seem into her. I really like how he handled the conversation in her room. 

I like Tia but don't think it's going to work out if her faith is important to her and he has none. She may not be worried about it now, but it could be a concern later. 

I read the comments about Tia's nose so I was really looking in this episode. I think she looks good from the front, ok from one side, and not very good from the other. She is still lovely though. Pretty smile. 

• Love 1

I think the producers made him give Krystal a rose. He doesn't seem into her. I really like how he handled the conversation in her room. 

I liked how he handled her, too. I thought his gentle pushback was appropriate but she's toast in his eyes. As far as the producers encouraging him to give Krystal a rose, someone with her level of crazy needs a more dramatic dumping than just being left teary-eyed at the rose ceremony. She's just bought herself a stranded on the beach or in the middle of nowhere elimination or a one-on-one "I can't give you this rose" moment. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think she's one of the "there's someone he's less interested in than her so they go first" contestants.  So, if she keeps her head down, she can travel and have fun without having to worry about actually winning.

Right. I can't imagine Sienne really wanting to "win" Arie, because she's way out of his league. 

I like Tia but think she can do better than Arie, too.  I think Becca seems nice if a bit ordinary, she would look much better if she had her hairline pulled back an inch the way Cher did when she was young.  I think Arie is done with Chelsea, but her time hasn't been wasted, she should have lots of interested e-mails waiting at home. I find Jenna  stunning, but Arie barely seems to notice her unless she's straddling him. Kendall has a way of speaking that sounds both sarcastic and way too fast to me, like a self-conscious teen.   Lauren...zzz. 

Most of the rest, I haven't seen enough of to form an opinion. 

Eventually I'd like to see Bekah and Krystal both go home right after claiming to be the front runner.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

But on this show they think we LOVE the villains. So if she's going for love to hate, she's failing miserably.

I feel like this is futuristic shaming.

i love her!  I hope she really loses her shit.

• Love 4
On 1/30/2018 at 4:25 PM, Teddybear said:

Arie was looking particularly pasty and scrawny on the date with Tia.  

I had to rewind my recording, because it looked to me as if he had a tideline at one point in the show. Also, on Tia's date he had a weird discolored patch on his right forehead. 

Surprised myself by really enjoying the Tia date. Before it I was all no, not her, yawn! But she is infectious and it was great to have some actual conversation aired, and see him physically comfortable and affectionate with someone, not just gazing into their eyes and then ramming that tongue in. I also really enjoyed the alligator* and turtle sightings and how thrilled Arie and Tia were. That was a good date. His eyes changed color to a deep bright blue as he looked at her in the dinner part, which to my mind is a good sign, when your eyes truly  light up.

I'm glad the producers are keeping Krystal in, as she is funny. I am going to be using her 'Glitter!' in the privacy of my own home for a cheap pick-me-up. Also, who knew - 'Pain bodies' - Krystal is an Eckhardt Tolle fan!

I despise Lauren B, who seems furious and entitled and deeply dull, but other than that I like the rest of the cast and am really enjoying this season now. It does help that I have returned to finding Arie deeply attractive, especially in profile and when walking... Sigh.

*Mind you, I now can't stop singing the one line I know from Poke Salad Annie over and over in my head...

Edited by violet and green
typos
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I legit asked myself "Who's Jenna?" Is she one of the blondes?

She’s the arm waver blonde who wears more makeup than the other blondes, but not Instagram makeup so she’s ok to me.  

kendall=blonde who is actually quite beautiful and not overly made up.  Sort of looks like Joannie from America’s next top model cycle 4.

Lauren=Every other somewhat Nordic looking Lauren in the history of this show.

Krystal=Awesome and bitchy, looks like a sort of beat up and blonde Britt from the farmer season. 

Chelsea=Poor mans Olivia from a past season.  She is the mom/sugarbaby. 

It seems like there are more, but I think most got cut.  Overall, there were more brunettes to start with.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

kendall=blonde who is actually quite beautiful and not overly made up.  Sort of looks like Joannie from America’s next top model cycle 4.

Lauren=Every other somewhat Nordic looking Lauren in the history of this show.

See that's interesting how differently we see them.  To me the Nordic looking blonde is Kendall with her sharp chin and nose and pale blue eyes, while Lauren with her brown eyes, dark roots and rounded cheeks seems like she might be part Latino.

The amount of make-up is another thing I just don't see on TV.    To me the only difference between Jenna and the others is she wears a redder lipstick most of the time.  The rest are usually wearing a sort of mauve/beige, but the actual amount of lipstick is probably about the same. Plus all of them are wearing foundation, eyeliner, shadow, mascara, blush, etc.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Awe, I loved Joannnie. Now I love Kendall even more for the comparison. haha

Kendall's the taxidermist, right? Is she also the wannabe cannibal, or are those two different people? I want them to both be her because then I would love her even more. 

• Love 1

Was Arie's ribcage tattoo ever shown closer than when he was on the boat?  What I saw looked like a grey solid patch, so I'm sure it's something else.   I wonder if it's the reason we're not seeing the shirtless showering, swimming pool scenes this season.  Even when they were at the pool, I don't recall getting a glimpse of it.  I wonder what it is.  

ETA:  a google search only tells us that Arie has 3 tattoos, and one is the number 24601, from the musical Les Miserables. 

I'm thinking that is not the one I'm referring to. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Was Arie's ribcage tattoo ever shown closer than when he was on the boat?  What I saw looked like a grey solid patch, so I'm sure it's something else.   I wonder if it's the reason we're not seeing the shirtless showering, swimming pool scenes this season.  Even when they were at the pool, I don't recall getting a glimpse of it.  I wonder what it is.

Yes the only glimpse I saw is what you mention. From a distance I thought it looked like a disgusting growth! It sure was big.

5 hours ago, huskerj12 said:

Not to get all "right reasons" on everybody, but who do you like/root for so far? I guess those are two different questions since I wouldn't wish a relationship with Arie on any of them necessarily, but I like Bekah, Kendall, Tia, and Seinne. They seem like the best hangs and the most charismatic in a normal way.

IMO right now they’re spending SO much focus on the Wrong Reasons girls that it’s hard for me to pick a Right Reasons favorite. I did like Marikah—but then she started glam-shaming-shaming and she’s out of the running anyway. If I had to pick the girls Arie seems most enamoured with (rather than the ones I like), I think they’re Bekah, Krystal, Becca, and Tia, in that order. But I think he’s losing patience quickly with Krystal. Courtney and Vienna managed to take Not Here to Make Friends to F1, but don’t think either challenged Ben or Jake respectively about his direct actions, like Krystal is calling Arie a liar. I think Arie is just too old for this shit, too, so I don’t think she’s going to make it much further.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Sometimes it works, but there has to be some compromise. If a woman has thoughts of a big church wedding, for example. And some religions push hard for a spouse to convert, or to vow to bring the kids up in the other's religion.  And there's the whole social aspect of attendance at church as a family. Some religions are very clear that family members who don't attend church will not be United in heaven.  I was raised strict Catholic, but I'm a non-believer now. I would not be happy married to someone who based every decision on what God or Jesus wants, for example.  When someone says on their first date that religion is important, a non-believer is not a good match for them.

My dad was Roman Catholic and my mom was Protestant. She had to agree to raise all of their children Catholic (which they did). My dad always said that she went to church more than most Catholics. She didn't go every Sunday as we did, but it was often enough. And always at Christmas. I think it would be essential to be on the same page if you're going to have children. If you're not, the practising Catholic spouse would still have to attend family functions that could involve religious ceremonies like baptisms, communions and confirmations, funerals etc. If the other person is adamantly an atheist, that is going to potentially cause a lot of conflict. Now, if the Catholic is nonpracticing and doesn't follow the faith at all, there won't be a problem. My son is an atheist despite going to Catholic elementary and high schools. (Well, maybe that's why he's an Atheist.) He married a non Catholic and they both share a disbelief in organized religion. My family is no longer practising Catholics and we have several Greek Orthodox members that married into the family (they are non practising too except for family events like weddings). Anyway, that has worked out well. If Tia and her family relax away from their religion it wouldn't be a problem, but if she remains devout and especially if they want children, that would be a major problem.

22 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Not always. Sometimes, when a formerly famous musician/band is trying for a comeback, they'll be desperate enough to appear on this show. Off the top of my head, I can think of Romeo Santos (Juan Pablo), Boyz II Men (Andi), and Backstreet Boys (Ick Vile).

The one I recall is "Sister Christian" sung by Night Ranger. A truly awful song. Thought it was hilarious that the date almost screamed over them and said, it was her favourite song! No one from my generation would have said that, and it was a top 10 hit during my teen years. There is no way this bachelorette would have heard the song before.

• Love 1

If this stuff with Krystal is the best they’ve got, then either it is a remarkably mature group (ha) or none/not many of them are all that into Arie. 

On the religion discussion, I think it can be a big thing when you’re as far apart on it as Tia and Arie are, so I was interested to see that neither of them showed any signs of it being a dealbreaker.  When we were dating, I asked my atheist now-husband, “what if I found god?” He said, “I’d divorce you.” 

• Love 4

In his People Magazine blog, Arie gave a couple of shout-outs to Jacqueline.  First, re: the group date:

“A ... missed part of the bowling date was Jacqueline pulling me aside and sneaking a kiss. I know you haven’t seen much of her on the show, but Jacqueline is so beautiful, intelligent and interesting.”

Then, night of the rose ceremony, “Jacqueline and I really connected this night, with great conversation and her showcasing her psychology skills by making me a chocolate Rorschach test.”

This could of course mean different things.  It could mean that she’s a top contender and they’ve been deliberately hiding the fact, or the blog could be a red herring to make us think he’s doing interested in her when he’s not.  I lean toward the first.  I’ve always thought Jacqueline was a sleeper, a la Sean’s Catherine, but who knows??

• Love 2

This episode had some really odd (to me anyway) editing going on.  Like when he took Becca to his room.  That was part of the bowling after-party?  So they sat in his room while everybody else dutifully waited downstairs?  From the marks on Becca's feet, it looked like her shoes didn't fit at all.

• Love 1

So much amazing snark here on this episode in particular! I wish I could quote so many of you just to show my appreciation.

Cardigan-lover Arie thinks Fort Lauderdale of all cities is "sexy". 

My favorite observation by one of the girls was that a highlight of FLL was that it has "lots of water". I definitely hate when my beach cities just don't quite have enough water.

Tia is possibly my favorite at this point. She is definitely trying to distance herself from the country image as opposed to Raven who seemed to want it to define her. Tia pointedly stressed that she now lives in a city and has a doctorate. She also seemed slightly reluctant to explain the whole frog gigging thing to Arie. Oh, and she discussed her religious views with him, and she's gorgeous, and she is the first woman on the show I've seen pull away from a makeout session with Arie to try to cuddle on his shoulder instead (while they were on the porch). Arie looked momentarily confused.

Um, I loved that man whose Everglades residence they visited. (Paraphrasing) "There was nothing really to do so I just built a cabin."

Every female on that bowling date was drunk (possibly including those horny old women at the end who I loved). Especially Jenna, but I get the feeling Jenna is constantly drunk, and she's my other favorite for it.

Becca: "I just have so many questions for you... I want to ask them all." Proceeds to make out with Arie through the rest of her one on one time rather than ask him any of them.

Ok, here's the thing with Krystal. She thinks she is the frontrunner and that Arie is only going through the motions until he can finally declare his love for her and they can shack up together in Scottsdale where she can make his life a living hell. She was pissed because, obviously, why would he want other girls infringing on their personal time when he's already made it so clear he won't be picking any of them? So her brain is trying to reconcile the notion that she's his one and only versus the fact that he changed the rules after he had an out on spending time with the other women (who aren't supposed to matter). I loved Arie so much through all of that. From the "stay in your room (and think about what you've done)" to the "It could be our last fight" to his look of misery when handing her the rose. Ha!

Did she even talk to Arie when she came downstairs after all of that?! We saw her put on a nice dress and do her makeup only to sit on the couch and have a short chat with the girls, then it was a cut to the next date.

She's the kind of woman who thinks it's adorable when she throws tantrums and picks fights ("aww our first fight!") because she'll immediately turn docile again once the guy makes up for his supposed slight against her. She'll always want a man to prove himself to her and will thrive on the drama because she'll think it proves she worth the effort. 

I also loved that Arie returned to tell the others, "We've got the night to ourselves" as if a group of 9 girls really felt so much more intimate or personal than 10, but IT ACTUALLY DOES when the 10th girl is soul-sucking Krystal.

Rainsong, I feel your pain, I watch the show with my best friend every week on Hulu (so, it's not up until the day after it airs), and she often has a weekly D&D meet on Tuesdays, so sometimes I can't watch until Wednesday- such as now- and posting almost feels pointless! I think I once watched on time and made it onto page 2 of the forum a few seasons ago and could hardly contain my excitement.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

In his People Magazine blog, Arie gave a couple of shout-outs to Jacqueline.  First, re: the group date:

“A ... missed part of the bowling date was Jacqueline pulling me aside and sneaking a kiss. I know you haven’t seen much of her on the show, but Jacqueline is so beautiful, intelligent and interesting.”

Then, night of the rose ceremony, “Jacqueline and I really connected this night, with great conversation and her showcasing her psychology skills by making me a chocolate Rorschach test.”

This could of course mean different things.  It could mean that she’s a top contender and they’ve been deliberately hiding the fact, or the blog could be a red herring to make us think he’s doing interested in her when he’s not.  I lean toward the first.  I’ve always thought Jacqueline was a sleeper, a la Sean’s Catherine, but who knows??

I get the feeling that Arie might have a lot more going for him (in terms of depth and intelligence) than we actually see on the show. Although blogs can be written by anyone....anyway, I'm hopeful. I actually like an older man that is a little bit boring for twenty-year-olds. It happens to all of us as we get older.

Anyway, I wish we could see a lot more of Jacqueline. She seems interesting and is certainly gorgeous. I really don't understand why TPTB edit this show the way they do. Less villains, and more interactions are my preference.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Did she even talk to Arie when she came downstairs after all of that?! We saw her put on a nice dress and do her makeup only to sit on the couch and have a short chat with the girls, then it was a cut to the next date.

No, she got enough of a rebuffing from the other "girls" that she decided not to sit around and take any more abuse and headed upstairs with her tail between her legs... iirc

• Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 7:14 PM, Mambo Queen said:

Sometimes I think Becca K is really pretty, and then I realize that it's Jacqueline. And I don't even mean that as snark. I mean just this week, 5 weeks into this shitshow of a season, I finally realized there were two different girls with dark hair and pretty brown eyes, and the one with the non-wonky jaw is actually a separate person named Jacqueline and not just Becca K at a good angle. 

Becca K is the love child of Audrina Patridge and Celine Dion. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Etta Place said:

On the religion discussion, I think it can be a big thing when you’re as far apart on it as Tia and Arie are, so I was interested to see that neither of them showed any signs of it being a dealbreaker.  When we were dating, I asked my atheist now-husband, “what if I found god?” He said, “I’d divorce you.” 

That's the sort of thing I see with my family and friends these days.  The difference is no longer such a big deal to the religious  person, a good three  quarters of my church members are there without their spouses and none of them seem to care, it's  the non-religious partner who is totally intolerant and couldn't stand being married to someone who, "believes in that fairy tale."  My brother and my best friend are both atheists and say things all the time, like,"I can't believe you go to church!"  I asked my friend once why she always sounded so angry about it and she said it was because Christians were so bigoted against gays.  I said "You do know I'm an Episcopalian and my priest is a lesbian don't you?" and she was all, "Oh yeah, I guess," mumbles. 

8 hours ago, jade.black said:

Every female on that bowling date was drunk (possibly including those horny old women at the end who I loved). Especially Jenna, but I get the feeling Jenna is constantly drunk, and she's my other favorite for it.

Totally agree and it's probably part of why Krystal had the temper tantrum.  We didn't get to see, What Happened on the Bus, but the way the other women talked about it shows their bad case of Stockholm Syndrome more than anything about Krystal.  They kept saying how hurt and offended they were, and then  Kendall said she was shocked over "the lack of kindness," but the only remark anyone reported was that Krystal called  Arie a liar.   I didn't hear of any unkind remarks toward any of the women and definitely nothing as unkind as a nine against one dogpile.  I guess any insult to their lord and master is an insult to them.

9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Jacqueline is an interesting mystery to me, too, but I'm learning not to pay much attention to Arie's assessments.  He called Chelsea a "strong independent woman," and I can't think of  anyone more inclined to be dependent, than  a young woman willing to live for years with an older sugar daddy for the financial security. 

Then he proceeded to give the group date rose to Lauren because, "We really went deep getting to know each other."  Oh yes, now Lauren knows his favorite color is blue and he knows she likes coconut milk in her coffee.   

• Love 13
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

.  He called Chelsea a "strong independent woman," and I can't think of  anyone more inclined to be dependent, than  a young woman willing to live for years with an older sugar daddy for the financial security. 

Yeah, strong independent woman is what you're supposed to say about ANY single mom.  Even one who is so desperate to find a husband to support her and her kid, that she goes on a TV show to compete for a man.

And if Arie had a deep conversation with Lauren, and made some connection with Jacqueline, why do we see only insane conversation and make out sessions?

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I liked how he handled her, too. I thought his gentle pushback was appropriate but she's toast in his eyes. As far as the producers encouraging him to give Krystal a rose, someone with her level of crazy needs a more dramatic dumping than just being left teary-eyed at the rose ceremony. She's just bought herself a stranded on the beach or in the middle of nowhere elimination or a one-on-one "I can't give you this rose" moment. 

They're saving her for a two-on-one. Wonder where she'll be left behind.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think since she’s supposed to be the villain, if she’s acting she’s doing an excellent job, nobody can seem to stand her ?

I decided to follow her on instagram to see if she is any less annoying and every time I read her screen name I see "cockroachkrystal" LMAO.  its actually coachkrystal or something like that

• Love 5
On 1/31/2018 at 3:47 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Of course she has to stick around, how else will they get the big Bekah vs Krystal 2-1 showdown that has to happen based on Bachelor history? So yes, a left-in-the-middle-of-nowhere dumping is in her future, the only question is whether or not Bekah will be left there with her. I would ordinarily say no, but the age thing is still a sticking point.

Then he proceeded to give the group date rose to Lauren because, "We really went deep getting to know each other."  Oh yes, now Lauren knows his favorite color is blue and he knows she likes coconut milk in her coffee.   

Lauren is as deep as a puddle, but it's beginning to seem that Arie is too, so perhaps they're a good match. In looks, she's a slightly prettier version of the Lauren that was on Ben's season (not F1 Lauren, but the other one with the flat midwestern accent). I think she's cannon fodder being kept around to fill a seat until they get down to the real contenders, but she seems convinced that she's got a shot. Who knows? 

Becca K reminds me of Survivor Amazon Jenna in looks. I like her and think she can probably stick around until close to the final 4, but I don't know if I see her winning. 

At this point, I don't even know who I think can win. The ones he seems/seemed most into are both problematic, Krystal is a manipulative nut and Bekah is a near-teenager. Maybe Chelsea, unless the kid is a deal breaker. I guess Tia's a possibility too, but I don't see any genuine spark there. She's desperately trying to be in love, but it rings false. 

I wouldn't have thought it was possible but the show made me hate almost everybody in one night.  Yes, Krystal is a manipulative weirdo, but that doesn't make the other women look good doing their prissy dogpile.  Bekah, in particular, was way too judgey for a girl all dressed up in her underwear.  Arie being humorless and slightly threatening wasn't exactly endearing either.  Just don't give her a rose Arie.

Agreed with the entire sentiment, when has ganging up on one particular person ever worked out well for the folks in the big group? Their fixation is always their downfall and I don't know what any of them are ever expecting to get out of the person they're ganging up on. 

But my main reason for quoting this is that I just love the term "prissy dogpile" lol. I'm picturing a pile of leggy show dogs with ribbons in their silky ears. ;) 

• Love 3
On 2/1/2018 at 4:10 AM, Mabinogia said:

So much this. Yeah, when she found out Bekah was going to get time with him too she had to be livid.

Producer plant, actress, or real, I just hate Krystal. If she's acting she's doing a piss poor job, if she's a producer plant she's a moron, and if she's real, I weep for humanity. 

I'm more inclined to despair for the decline of the human race when I see people like Lauren B in her skin tight jeans bend over and wag her arse at Arie as a way of expressing.... Yay, me! I think.

I find Krystal deeply sad as a person, but at least she's throwing a bit back at the producers - Glitter! - and even though her emotional expression is a load of word salad, she is feeling something other than thrilled with herself or bored to tears.

It makes me so sad to think of people like ICK VILE, for God's sake, mocking her publicly.

She thought she was Arie's chosen one, and then she got a bit insecure, and flaunted her position to the others at the same time, and now she is a bit desperate. Regardless of bowling alley trauma or not, I think her family background probably is a bit fucked up, given she has a brother living on the streets by preference.

I think she's fun, but then I enjoyed Vienna, Courtney, and Corinne, also!

Anyway, I prefer her mess and delusion to smug little Bekah, even if she does a good impression and has more logic skills and wry turns of phrase to pull out of the bag at opportune moments, etc. But clearly Arie is losing his attraction to her, such as it is.

• Love 7
On 1/31/2018 at 10:45 PM, PreBabylonia said:

I really don't understand why TPTB edit this show the way they do. Less villains, and more interactions are my preference.

This for me is the biggest mystery of this franchise.  If I wanted villains and bitch-slapping, I'd watch Real Housewives.  I'm a "right reasons" viewer, and I want my romance!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, violet and green said:

I'm more inclined to despair for the decline of the human race when I see people like Lauren B in her skin tight jeans bend over and wag her arse at Arie as a way of expressing.... Yay, me! I think.

Wasn't that Jenna?  I thought she looked like she was presenting!

MjAxMi02M2Q1MGVhZTM2NDU4YTNl.png

12 hours ago, violet and green said:

Regardless of bowling alley trauma or not, I think her family background probably is a bit fucked up

You know what else is fucked up?  That there was no reenactment :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 19
On 1/31/2018 at 5:31 PM, JudyObscure said:

See that's interesting how differently we see them.  To me the Nordic looking blonde is Kendall with her sharp chin and nose and pale blue eyes, while Lauren with her brown eyes, dark roots and rounded cheeks seems like she might be part Latino.

The amount of make-up is another thing I just don't see on TV.    To me the only difference between Jenna and the others is she wears a redder lipstick most of the time.  The rest are usually wearing a sort of mauve/beige, but the actual amount of lipstick is probably about the same. Plus all of them are wearing foundation, eyeliner, shadow, mascara, blush, etc.

My god, I am blind.  Maybe Lauren b looks more like Jen Scheft? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ByTor said:
20 hours ago, violet and green said:

Regardless of bowling alley trauma or not, I think her family background probably is a bit fucked up

HAHA!  right!  If they can reenact someone being attacked by a dog, we needed some clips of a sad little girl being raised in a bowling alley.  Scenes of mom flirting with bowlers as she brings them drinks, sad child with no toys playing with old bowling shoes, having vending machine food for dinner.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, huskerj12 said:

Never a good sign when you're 10 hours into watching this show and have to look up the names of two people mentioned in this thread (Jenna and Jacqueline, who doesn't even look familiar to me)

Jenna I can only tell apart from the rest of the blondes because she’s constantly flailing her arms around to the extent that I think she might have some sort of neurological tic or musculoskeletal disorder. But I couldn’t tell you a single thing she’s said or done besides flail her arms. And if she ever HAS managed to NOT flail her arms for a segment, then I wouldn’t have known it was Jenna.

Jaqueline I don’t recall ever seeing before this episode—MAYBE just sitting as an audience to someone else talking?? Again, I don’t recall her doing or saying anything remarkable even in THIS episode,  but just enough are weeded out that suddenly I noticed there’s a brunette that has fluffy hair.

So, your cues are: flailing arms and fluffy brown hair. You won’t be able to unsee now—especially the flailing. You’ll just see arms going all over the place in a group scene—there’s Jenna! 

• Love 4
On 1/29/2018 at 10:21 PM, chocolatine said:

When Chelsea told Arie how she fell for a rich older man and was left with nothing when he dumped her, I was hoping that she'd say something along the lines of "now I understand how important it is for a woman to be financially independent before committing to a serious relationship," but who was I kidding.

Right?

That whole recount of the story was so amusing to me.  Yep, not surprised this woman is a gold digger.  But how did she go from sugar daddy to destitute (well, she makes it sound that way).  Seems like she could've gotten a nice payout and some good $$ towards child support?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Jenna I can only tell apart from the rest of the blondes because she’s constantly flailing her arms around to the extent that I think she might have some sort of neurological tic or musculoskeletal disorder. But I couldn’t tell you a single thing she’s said or done besides flail her arms. And if she ever HAS managed to NOT flail her arms for a segment, then I wouldn’t have known it was Jenna.

Jaqueline I don’t recall ever seeing before this episode—MAYBE just sitting as an audience to someone else talking?? Again, I don’t recall her doing or saying anything remarkable even in THIS episode,  but just enough are weeded out that suddenly I noticed there’s a brunette that has fluffy hair.

So, your cues are: flailing arms and fluffy brown hair. You won’t be able to unsee now—especially the flailing. You’ll just see arms going all over the place in a group scene—there’s Jenna! 

Jenna is distinctive for straddling Arie and doing a full-on makeout session. I think she is fairly cute - but there are so many similar blondes, I am not totally sure about that.

After finally watching it yesterday, I was surprised that the date with Tia was so good. Arie actually seemed to enjoy talking with her. Possibly this is the best relationship I have seen so far. With Chelsea, his eyes kept dropping down. Either he does that when he's bored or just not connecting, or he really is just staring at their cleavage (which is what it seems like to me). Her background story really is very tedious though, so I can emphasize.

I have to admit after watching closely, that I just don't see Krystal having bad skin. Very shiny yes, as was Arie and Tia during their date (but I blame the makeup crew for not applying more powder under those hot lights), but I didn't see blemishes. Perhaps it's my eyes....I do think her hair looks very damaged though. And objectively speaking, she does have a very cute appearance (cute more than pretty or beautiful). Now I see why Arie originally chose her for his home date. If she had just kept back and just acknowledged Arie with little arm squeezes as she walked past him on his cocktail smoozing dates, I could see that as letting him know that she was very interested without coming across as full-on psycho. Although a big part of me thinks that she was cast just to be an amusing little villain. I can't see that this act enhances her Yoga brand in any way. Maybe she just wants to become another reality "star?"

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

If she had just kept back and just acknowledged Arie with little arm squeezes as she walked past him on his cocktail smoozing dates, I could see that as letting him know that she was very interested without coming across as full-on psycho.

See, that's genius. You are letting him know you are thinking about him, making eye contact, a little wink, a tough as you said, even a quick "how's it going?" if there is a moment he is not occupied. By not constantly "stealing" him you are not alienating the other women who will eventually snap and tell him what an awful person you are, and you won't risk him thinking you're too possessive or might have a jealous streak. You will also, if he really is interested, leave him wanting more and you will be more likely to get a one on one date. 

That said, I think Krystal is trying to make herself memorable so she will be invited to Paradise or whatever other franchise show they are willing to put her on. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

See, that's genius. You are letting him know you are thinking about him, making eye contact, a little wink, a tough as you said, even a quick "how's it going?" if there is a moment he is not occupied. By not constantly "stealing" him you are not alienating the other women who will eventually snap and tell him what an awful person you are, and you won't risk him thinking you're too possessive or might have a jealous streak. You will also, if he really is interested, leave him wanting more and you will be more likely to get a one on one date. 

That said, I think Krystal is trying to make herself memorable so she will be invited to Paradise or whatever other franchise show they are willing to put her on. 

She has BIP written all over her!! 

• Love 3
On 2/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, ByTor said:

Wasn't that Jenna?  I thought she looked like she was presenting!

MjAxMi02M2Q1MGVhZTM2NDU4YTNl.png

Yes it was Jenna. She's the one I specified a few episodes back who's behaviour was my definition of behaving, "trashy". And yes she does seem to perpetually be drunk.

ETA: @JenE4 I know you identify Jenna by her flailing arms but I mostly remember her drunkingly straddling Arie on a couch. I think it was on the demolition derby episode as Seinne was the winner and we saw Arie's first in depth discussion with her. I remember Jenna's behaviour being in sharp contrast to the accomplished and lovely Seinne. Jenna's behaviour, to me, was OTT even for Bachelor standards.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3

Here's Jenna :

bachelor22_jennacooper_950w.jpg

I think she's dazzling, but agree she's been  OTTT, over the top trashy,  this season. In her she bio she describes herself as funny and I think most of what she has done, like the straddling and the tail wagging has been done for laughs.  I kind of like her for just seeming to be having fun.

Here's Lauren B, who I find boring in looks and personality:321418.jpg

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 3